PDA

View Full Version : Poll on rental sentiments

DaytonaSS
25-09-11, 23:08
If you are a multiple property owner and rents out your property, do poll to indicate if you had an increment in your rental yield. i m curious as a lot of pple are shouting crash, but my friends units are all geting higher rental.....

Do share so we can all have a better feel of rental market

minority
25-09-11, 23:19
wat abt no change in rental?

TKT
25-09-11, 23:20
Going to rent out one of my props very soon, so will participate your poll when it gets rented.

My agent informed me rental expectations; which was actually about 10% higher than before, so thats good... but of cos, this is 'expectations', waiting to see and report 'reality'!

:47:

DaytonaSS
25-09-11, 23:23
wat abt no change in rental?

hahah i forgot to add in. Never mind, if not change just add a post, i do manual adding.

devilplate
25-09-11, 23:36
Redundant poll

U can check out ura rental

ysyap
26-09-11, 06:36
What about HDB rent?

DaytonaSS
26-09-11, 08:53
What about HDB rent?

For now pls include condo first as hdb is currently greatly undersupply for the next 4-5 years as new supply takes time to build.

thomastansb
26-09-11, 09:35
I am renting out my studio (CCR) at 4.7k now. Previously was at 3.9k which was like pretty high at that time.

DC33_2008
26-09-11, 09:45
Renew one 6 months ago with an increase of 25% in rental. Another one is willing to renew with an increase of also 25% increase in two months time as it is very convenient to workplace. They are very good tenants who arrange for weekly part-time domestic helper and pays on time via GIRO. Glad to have them.:) Looking forward to seeing further appreciation of rental in the next one year. I believe it boils down to location and mrt stn.

devilplate
26-09-11, 09:55
i believe rental been flattish for the past 3-6mths

we only renew our rental every 1/2yrs....so definitely got some rental increase

DC33_2008
26-09-11, 09:58
I heard from some friends that rental in some areas are affected by new developments.

devilplate
26-09-11, 09:59
I heard from some friends that rental in some areas are affected by new developments.

yes, den goto spend some $$ to upkeep our older units lor

i just redo one of my unit's kitchen and toilet...

gn108
26-09-11, 10:03
I agree on both points.
Increments we got from a 6 months ago fix might be different from todays or even 3 months from today.

I reckon if you have a good product with attributes like MRT/Malls/expat community, you can get a decent rental.
But on the whole - flattish - just check the URA information and these are broad >10 txs per development figures.

DC33_2008
26-09-11, 10:05
One advantage of older development is that the place will be larger at the same rent as compared to the new development. The other is that it is a hassle to move unless the are significant advantages to move. Lastly, some tenants just want to save money on agents' commission as some agents have already left this industry.

devilplate
26-09-11, 10:07
One advantage of older development is that the place will be larger at the same rent as compared to the new development. The other is that it is a hassle to move unless the are significant advantages to move. Lastly, some tenants just want to save money on agents' commission as some agents have already left this industry.

yes...tat unit i reno, my tenants stayed for 4yrs liao(renew twice actually)....but den decide to move to brand new apt lor...wat to do....

whahaha

DC33_2008
26-09-11, 10:08
These costs can be considered in the computation of nett income from rental when reporting to IRAS. Pay less tax and increase the value of the unit. :)

i just redo one of my unit's kitchen and toilet...

devilplate
26-09-11, 10:09
These costs can be considered in the computation of nett income from rental when reporting to IRAS. Pay less tax and increase the value of the unit. :)

yes and must keep all the receipts for 5yrs:sleep:

DC33_2008
26-09-11, 10:12
Have been doing that diligently in different folders. How is the rental at Citylights? Should have gone up too?
yes and must keep all the receipts for 5yrs:sleep:

devilplate
26-09-11, 10:55
Have been doing that diligently in different folders. How is the rental at Citylights? Should have gone up too?
Abt the same as 07-08 rates

DC33_2008
26-09-11, 11:22
Rental at SB has gone up since TOP in May/June 2010. Renewal due only next July. Hope rental can sustained till next year. :)
Abt the same as 07-08 rates

devilplate
26-09-11, 12:31
Rental at SB has gone up since TOP in May/June 2010. Renewal due only next July. Hope rental can sustained till next year. :)
Market hit a resistance liao

No matter how prime ur ppty is, seems like 1bdr peak at 4-4.5kk, 2bdr 5-5.5k

DaytonaSS
26-09-11, 18:57
Market hit a resistance liao

No matter how prime ur ppty is, seems like 1bdr peak at 4-4.5kk, 2bdr 5-5.5k

did u participate in the poll? anyway your figure u quote i assume is prime location just TOP units? 2 bedder 5.5k quiet good right?

devilplate
26-09-11, 19:02
did u participate in the poll? anyway your figure u quote i assume is prime location just TOP units? 2 bedder 5.5k quiet good right?
I oredi said, its a redundant poll:p

devilplate
26-09-11, 19:05
Anyway i m trying to say rental hit a cap....let say a 2bdr in heart of orchard of 1000sqft and cost 3000psf which work out to be 3mil quantum, ur rental wud b capped at 5.5k

devilplate
26-09-11, 19:13
Just saw a 2bdr at the paterson asking 1950psf....ccr prices dropping liao?

DaytonaSS
26-09-11, 19:22
I oredi said, its a redundant poll:p

cannot support n click meh? ura infor so long ago one....

devilplate
26-09-11, 19:24
cannot support n click meh? ura infor so long ago one....
Ura every qtrly rite? But ur poll? Renewal which is 1-2yrs ago!

Vy easy to see whether rental dropping or increase....i always look at projects like the sail and icon

radha08
27-09-11, 11:24
at this point of time in my life this thread very meaningful to me....:D:D:D

i am renting out my 4rm hdb flat in d16 to ft for 2.2k mth....:)

i just signed ta to rent a landed semi d house in d15 for 3.5k mth....:D

dunno about sentiment but i am happy familys happy my dogs are happy....:D

rattydrama
27-09-11, 11:25
Ura every qtrly rite? But ur poll? Renewal which is 1-2yrs ago!

Vy easy to see whether rental dropping or increase....i always look at projects like the sail and icon

my fren rented icon 2 bedder 5.5k recently. no one ask for sale market quiet.

proud owner
27-09-11, 11:34

good job

my friend rents out his corner terrace at 7k .. and rented a bigger (land and house size) semi D for 4.8k .. 2 streets away

like you ... his family and dogs are happy

radha08
27-09-11, 11:38
good job

my friend rents out his corner terrace at 7k .. and rented a bigger (land and house size) semi D for 4.8k .. 2 streets away

like you ... his family and dogs are happy
yup for me my property cycle is completed i stay hdb>>condo....now landed...:D:D:D....in life must try everything:cool:

proud owner
27-09-11, 11:46
yup for me my property cycle is completed i stay hdb>>condo....now landed...:D:D:D....in life must try everything:cool:

sama sama except i never own HDB .. regret

hyenergix
27-09-11, 14:30
Most of us will stay in porcelain eventually.

rattydrama
27-09-11, 14:42

counds very good deal... what other fees you need to pay?
guess property tax is by owner rite?

buttercarp
27-09-11, 15:29
Most of us will stay in porcelain eventually.

I'd rather stay in the sea.
It is free and easy.

buttercarp
27-09-11, 15:49

I want, I want.... frankel semi d so cheap?
Liddat I might as well let out my penthouse and stay in semi d and can make a profit out of it!

devilplate
27-09-11, 17:10

Tats the reason y i nvr look at landed bcoz landed rental is a big joke

But den, i am shortsighted.....landed cap gain far outweigh the low rental yield.....but nid to buy during market trough.....if not gone case:D

devilplate
27-09-11, 17:13
I want, I want.... frankel semi d so cheap?
Liddat I might as well let out my penthouse and stay in semi d and can make a profit out of it!
A fren did tat last time and keep laughing at the landed owners....he rent out all his ccr condos and rent a semi d for jus 2k in 2007

DC33_2008
27-09-11, 21:09
That is why landed is for own stay and condos are to be rented out. :)
A fren did tat last time and keep laughing at the landed owners....he rent out all his ccr condos and rent a semi d for jus 2k in 2007