View Full Version : Poll on rental sentiments

25-09-11, 23:08
If you are a multiple property owner and rents out your property, do poll to indicate if you had an increment in your rental yield. i m curious as a lot of pple are shouting crash, but my friends units are all geting higher rental.....

Do share so we can all have a better feel of rental market

25-09-11, 23:19
wat abt no change in rental?

25-09-11, 23:20
Going to rent out one of my props very soon, so will participate your poll when it gets rented.

My agent informed me rental expectations; which was actually about 10% higher than before, so thats good... but of cos, this is 'expectations', waiting to see and report 'reality'!

:47:

25-09-11, 23:23
wat abt no change in rental?

hahah i forgot to add in. Never mind, if not change just add a post, i do manual adding.

25-09-11, 23:36
Redundant poll

U can check out ura rental

26-09-11, 06:36
What about HDB rent?

26-09-11, 08:53
What about HDB rent?

For now pls include condo first as hdb is currently greatly undersupply for the next 4-5 years as new supply takes time to build.

26-09-11, 09:35
I am renting out my studio (CCR) at 4.7k now. Previously was at 3.9k which was like pretty high at that time.

26-09-11, 09:45
Renew one 6 months ago with an increase of 25% in rental. Another one is willing to renew with an increase of also 25% increase in two months time as it is very convenient to workplace. They are very good tenants who arrange for weekly part-time domestic helper and pays on time via GIRO. Glad to have them.:) Looking forward to seeing further appreciation of rental in the next one year. I believe it boils down to location and mrt stn.

26-09-11, 09:55
i believe rental been flattish for the past 3-6mths

we only renew our rental every 1/2yrs....so definitely got some rental increase

26-09-11, 09:58
I heard from some friends that rental in some areas are affected by new developments.

26-09-11, 09:59
I heard from some friends that rental in some areas are affected by new developments.

yes, den goto spend some $$ to upkeep our older units lor

i just redo one of my unit's kitchen and toilet...

26-09-11, 10:03
I agree on both points.
Increments we got from a 6 months ago fix might be different from todays or even 3 months from today.

I reckon if you have a good product with attributes like MRT/Malls/expat community, you can get a decent rental.
But on the whole - flattish - just check the URA information and these are broad >10 txs per development figures.

26-09-11, 10:05
One advantage of older development is that the place will be larger at the same rent as compared to the new development. The other is that it is a hassle to move unless the are significant advantages to move. Lastly, some tenants just want to save money on agents' commission as some agents have already left this industry.

26-09-11, 10:07
One advantage of older development is that the place will be larger at the same rent as compared to the new development. The other is that it is a hassle to move unless the are significant advantages to move. Lastly, some tenants just want to save money on agents' commission as some agents have already left this industry.

yes...tat unit i reno, my tenants stayed for 4yrs liao(renew twice actually)....but den decide to move to brand new apt lor...wat to do....

whahaha

26-09-11, 10:08
These costs can be considered in the computation of nett income from rental when reporting to IRAS. Pay less tax and increase the value of the unit. :)

i just redo one of my unit's kitchen and toilet...

26-09-11, 10:09
These costs can be considered in the computation of nett income from rental when reporting to IRAS. Pay less tax and increase the value of the unit. :)

yes and must keep all the receipts for 5yrs:sleep:

26-09-11, 10:12
Have been doing that diligently in different folders. How is the rental at Citylights? Should have gone up too?
yes and must keep all the receipts for 5yrs:sleep:

26-09-11, 10:55
Have been doing that diligently in different folders. How is the rental at Citylights? Should have gone up too?
Abt the same as 07-08 rates

26-09-11, 11:22
Rental at SB has gone up since TOP in May/June 2010. Renewal due only next July. Hope rental can sustained till next year. :)
Abt the same as 07-08 rates

26-09-11, 12:31
Rental at SB has gone up since TOP in May/June 2010. Renewal due only next July. Hope rental can sustained till next year. :)
Market hit a resistance liao

No matter how prime ur ppty is, seems like 1bdr peak at 4-4.5kk, 2bdr 5-5.5k

26-09-11, 18:57
Market hit a resistance liao

No matter how prime ur ppty is, seems like 1bdr peak at 4-4.5kk, 2bdr 5-5.5k

did u participate in the poll? anyway your figure u quote i assume is prime location just TOP units? 2 bedder 5.5k quiet good right?

26-09-11, 19:02
did u participate in the poll? anyway your figure u quote i assume is prime location just TOP units? 2 bedder 5.5k quiet good right?
I oredi said, its a redundant poll:p

26-09-11, 19:05
Anyway i m trying to say rental hit a cap....let say a 2bdr in heart of orchard of 1000sqft and cost 3000psf which work out to be 3mil quantum, ur rental wud b capped at 5.5k

26-09-11, 19:13
Just saw a 2bdr at the paterson asking 1950psf....ccr prices dropping liao?

26-09-11, 19:22
I oredi said, its a redundant poll:p

cannot support n click meh? ura infor so long ago one....

26-09-11, 19:24
cannot support n click meh? ura infor so long ago one....
Ura every qtrly rite? But ur poll? Renewal which is 1-2yrs ago!

Vy easy to see whether rental dropping or increase....i always look at projects like the sail and icon

27-09-11, 11:24
at this point of time in my life this thread very meaningful to me....:D:D:D

i am renting out my 4rm hdb flat in d16 to ft for 2.2k mth....:)

i just signed ta to rent a landed semi d house in d15 for 3.5k mth....:D

dunno about sentiment but i am happy familys happy my dogs are happy....:D

27-09-11, 11:25
Ura every qtrly rite? But ur poll? Renewal which is 1-2yrs ago!

Vy easy to see whether rental dropping or increase....i always look at projects like the sail and icon

my fren rented icon 2 bedder 5.5k recently. no one ask for sale market quiet.

27-09-11, 11:34

good job

my friend rents out his corner terrace at 7k .. and rented a bigger (land and house size) semi D for 4.8k .. 2 streets away

like you ... his family and dogs are happy

27-09-11, 11:38
good job

my friend rents out his corner terrace at 7k .. and rented a bigger (land and house size) semi D for 4.8k .. 2 streets away

like you ... his family and dogs are happy
yup for me my property cycle is completed i stay hdb>>condo....now landed...:D:D:D....in life must try everything:cool:

27-09-11, 11:46
yup for me my property cycle is completed i stay hdb>>condo....now landed...:D:D:D....in life must try everything:cool:

sama sama except i never own HDB .. regret

27-09-11, 14:30
Most of us will stay in porcelain eventually.

27-09-11, 14:42

counds very good deal... what other fees you need to pay?
guess property tax is by owner rite?

27-09-11, 15:29
Most of us will stay in porcelain eventually.

I'd rather stay in the sea.
It is free and easy.

27-09-11, 15:49

I want, I want.... frankel semi d so cheap?
Liddat I might as well let out my penthouse and stay in semi d and can make a profit out of it!

27-09-11, 17:10

Tats the reason y i nvr look at landed bcoz landed rental is a big joke

But den, i am shortsighted.....landed cap gain far outweigh the low rental yield.....but nid to buy during market trough.....if not gone case:D

27-09-11, 17:13
I want, I want.... frankel semi d so cheap?
Liddat I might as well let out my penthouse and stay in semi d and can make a profit out of it!
A fren did tat last time and keep laughing at the landed owners....he rent out all his ccr condos and rent a semi d for jus 2k in 2007

27-09-11, 21:09
That is why landed is for own stay and condos are to be rented out. :)
A fren did tat last time and keep laughing at the landed owners....he rent out all his ccr condos and rent a semi d for jus 2k in 2007