PDA

View Full Version : Grandeur 8 or Nuovo

mantrix
26-09-11, 19:44
Brothers, I'm venturing a bit down south so now looking at central north

Would like your candid opinions on which would be your preference for investment - vested or non-vested views welcome.

Grandeur 8 is nearer to facilities but further from MRT.

Nuovo is EC, close to MRT but MRT got nothing

azeoprop
26-09-11, 20:06
For me I would prefer grandeur 8, walking distance to amk centre. Nuovo will be affected by the north south expressway construction.

mantrix
26-09-11, 21:08
For me I would prefer grandeur 8, walking distance to amk centre. Nuovo will be affected by the north south expressway construction.

Thanks

Well I was thinking about comparing the non NSE facing units in Nuovo with those non west sun facing units in G8...so NSE aside (whcih helps to keep the prices under control for now) what about the layout and the units themselves? Any owners here can comment?

ecimbew
26-09-11, 21:31
Definitely not Nuovo.
EC, 99LH, smaller land, NSE and not in AMK Central.

ecimbew
26-09-11, 21:34
http://www.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=1&mid=27188&s=1

Read this on Nuovo

mantrix
26-09-11, 21:44
Definitely not Nuovo.
EC, 99LH, smaller land, NSE and not in AMK Central.

huh? G8 also 99LH - Nuovo has around 300 units, while G8 500+ (land sizes for both looks almost the same though)

I just thought with Centro calling 1400psf and above these 2 condos selling at 800-900+psf make good value

Agree NSE is a turn off, more so for Nuovo though - which is why I am looking at these 2 - their prices are not astronomical yet :D

mantrix
26-09-11, 21:47
http://www.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=1&mid=27188&s=1

Read this on Nuovo

LOL best stack is 04?? There is another thread on house numbers...so the ground floor unit will be 104 (confirm die) :D

ecimbew
26-09-11, 21:58
LOL best stack is 04?? There is another thread on house numbers...so the ground floor unit will be 104 (confirm die) :D

LOL yeah G8 is also 99 but it's in central. Lots of land around for future. In front of G8 is Anderson JC field. Open land. Unblocked beyond.

cl0ver
26-09-11, 22:04
G8 is nice.. full windows.. no bay windows.....
are you sure Centro still commanding 1400psft? thats so silly, can buy newton with that pricing....

mantrix
26-09-11, 22:32
G8 is nice.. full windows.. no bay windows.....
are you sure Centro still commanding 1400psft? thats so silly, can buy newton with that pricing....

seems like G8 really better? According to 3 forummers so far :D

anyway it's true - http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/centro-residences-1550/sale/1?sort=date&order=asc

even recently transacted prices close to 1400 :tongue3:

august
26-09-11, 23:03
part of nuovo will be acquired by govt for building of express way..
compensation, details etc all not certain

i will avoid nuovo

kane
26-09-11, 23:15
grandeur 8 over nuovo. the units closer to the library is further from the MRT noise.

mantrix
27-09-11, 07:25
Thanks all. I agree with you. What I dun like about G8 is that it's further to the MRT (a good 7-8min walk) and the units from outside look rather cramped. However, 3min walk to foodcourt and jubilee looks ideal.

For Nuovo, nuff said, the NSE is the one causing the negative impression, so I guess if we need to look at any units at all it has to be facing inwards (away from MRT and looking into Anderson primary) - not that any are selling anyways

ecimbew
27-09-11, 07:38
Please ignore the agent's number. This is what I am talking about. The view.

http://i2.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/5/5/a/d/55ad7a5303471_1_V550.jpg

mantrix
27-09-11, 07:40
It's not bad!
But would it kena west sun?

wind30
27-09-11, 10:48
It's not bad!
But would it kena west sun?

Actually the Nuovo view facing the MRT track is better.

I can see the sunrise from my unit last time. But now it has the NSE....

Still when I lived in Nuovo, I never opened the windows and it is always aircon 24/7.

If you take the other side of Nuovo, it faces direct afternoon sun.

I thought Seasons park is a better buy than Nuovo.

mantrix
27-09-11, 13:02
Nuovo is nearer to mrt than Seasons mah...I still feel proximity to MRT is a factor. Though NSE now spoils everything ... Got stack that is non mrt-facing but unblocked with as little west sun as possible? :(

kane
27-09-11, 15:45
Actually the Nuovo view facing the MRT track is better.

I can see the sunrise from my unit last time. But now it has the NSE....

Still when I lived in Nuovo, I never opened the windows and it is always aircon 24/7.

If you take the other side of Nuovo, it faces direct afternoon sun.

I thought Seasons park is a better buy than Nuovo.

What's the bill like for 24/7 Aircon?

rattydrama
27-09-11, 16:06
seems like G8 really better? According to 3 forummers so far :D

anyway it's true - http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/centro-residences-1550/sale/1?sort=date&order=asc

even recently transacted prices close to 1400 :tongue3:

take a look at my place...maybe still got upside? check the ceveat..

danntbt
27-09-11, 18:08
G8 looks cramped and piegeon hole like,,,,,if ground is a consideration, Castle Green is less affected by NSE and hasa huge pool. Last transaction for 947sft CG was $810K.....vs 1.2m for Centro.

mantrix
27-09-11, 19:08
take a look at my place...maybe still got upside? check the ceveat..
sorry but too far for me liao :spliff:

mantrix
27-09-11, 19:11
G8 looks cramped and piegeon hole like,,,,,if ground is a consideration, Castle Green is less affected by NSE and hasa huge pool. Last transaction for 947sft CG was $810K.....vs 1.2m for Centro.

that's what i observed and heard so abit hesitant before plunging into G8 :scared-3:

Nuovo seems to enjoy more land space and better laid out but got NSE...

Castle Green not near enough for my liking and I also heard the maintenance of the condo not up to expectations

my choice still between G8 and Nuovo :samurai-killa:

devilplate
27-09-11, 19:55
that's what i observed and heard so abit hesitant before plunging into G8 :scared-3:

Castle Green not near enough for my liking and I also heard the maintenance of the condo not up to expectations

Let market decide for u la

Since u say doomsday in 2012, so see which project presents u a super firesale deal tat u cant resist lor:D

mantrix
27-09-11, 21:34
Let market decide for u la

Since u say doomsday in 2012, so see which project presents u a super firesale deal tat u cant resist lor:D

that was a joke you took too seriously into this thread :D

you ok? a bit fired up recently leh...must be the haze :)

kane
27-09-11, 21:59
I'm curious when will they sell the adjacent plots to G8. Those should be good as long as the developer doesn't price it like centro.

mantrix
27-09-11, 22:18
Even not like 1400 psf centro, would you bite at 1200psf??

I think AMK, unlike Bishan, is considered OCR? :eek:

DC33_2008
27-09-11, 22:19
What do you think if you are the developer?
I'm curious when will they sell the adjacent plots to G8. Those should be good as long as the developer doesn't price it like centro.

mantrix
27-09-11, 22:25
What do you think if you are the developer?\

for people to bite? hmm

Like ATT, MRT is nearby and AMK hub is the mall...
I need to launch it at a premium since this is AMK and not Punggol

probably 1200psf should see plenty queuing up...

again depends on the bid price (which I feel would be rather competitive) :2cents:

cl0ver
27-09-11, 22:31
Why do you want to pay $1200psf for AMK when you can pay District 3

CENTRAL GREEN CONDOMINIUM 1,292sqft 1,450,000 1,123psf next to MRT.
There are a lot of gems in the market...

kane
27-09-11, 22:46
What do you think if you are the developer?

If you're sim lian and eager to move projects, you'd probably aggressively undercut the other developers.

Half of Bishan is within the edge of RCR, the other half sits just outside of the fringe and amk sits outside of RCR.

mantrix
27-09-11, 22:49
Thanks guys - back to topic, if you had to choose one (not that you would) what would be your pick?

Both have pros and cons but I want to see which has potential to appreciate more leh

DC33_2008
27-09-11, 22:52
SL is also listed and therefore want to show good results. On the other hand, cannot keep undercutting the other developer too.
If you're sim lian and eager to move projects, you'd probably aggressively undercut the other developers.

Half of Bishan is within the edge of RCR, the other half sits just outside of the fringe and amk sits outside of RCR.

kane
27-09-11, 22:55
SL is also listed and therefore want to show good results. On the other hand, cannot keep undercutting the other developer too.

Well they can do more projects on lower margins.

wind30
30-09-11, 12:29
Nuovo is nearer to mrt than Seasons mah...I still feel proximity to MRT is a factor. Though NSE now spoils everything ... Got stack that is non mrt-facing but unblocked with as little west sun as possible? :(

you will be surprised how close Seasons is to MRT. Do you know there is a back gate in Seasons?

There is not much difference.

mantrix
30-09-11, 19:41
you will be surprised how close Seasons is to MRT. Do you know there is a back gate in Seasons?

There is not much difference.

Doesn't the distance also depend on the block you stay in? Anyway which road does the back gate open out to?

novel
07-10-11, 14:11
personally I like G8 more because of the design of the estate, the internal facilities and the distance to amenities. :)

Terese
08-10-11, 09:16
g8 for me. NSE is a very big headache in nuovo now. the anderson sch also causing a lot of traffic problem during the morn, noon, even timing. for those facing against the NSE the price is too ridiculous now. maintenacne fees sinking fund etc is also very high for this project. noise is terrible and the list goes on....

kingkong1984
08-10-11, 09:20
Should wait for plots beside G8

wind30
08-10-11, 10:43
g8 for me. NSE is a very big headache in nuovo now. the anderson sch also causing a lot of traffic problem during the morn, noon, even timing. for those facing against the NSE the price is too ridiculous now. maintenacne fees sinking fund etc is also very high for this project. noise is terrible and the list goes on....

The anderson does not cause traffic problem lah. I think there is no afternoon class so only morning and noon got crowd. Morning it is really early before we usually go to work but that is not too bad as it is just dropping off. Noon time is more crowded as parents wait for their children.

still not much traffic problem over the 5 years I stayed.

kane
08-10-11, 23:44
Should wait for plots beside G8

Wait till the neck also long....

nav14
13-10-11, 16:17
Brothers, I'm venturing a bit down south so now looking at central north

Would like your candid opinions on which would be your preference for investment - vested or non-vested views welcome.

Grandeur 8 is nearer to facilities but further from MRT.

Nuovo is EC, close to MRT but MRT got nothing

What happened to your beloved Canberra Residences? :banghead:

mantrix
13-10-11, 21:43
What happened to your beloved Canberra Residences? :banghead:

LOL I don't have a unit there no matter how you force it - it's not good enough for me IMO (though to the buyers it's an OK choice)

However between your Orchid park condo and CR I will still award CR as the winner even though i dun like both :D:D:D

nav14
14-10-11, 09:42
LOL I don't have a unit there no matter how you force it - it's not good enough for me IMO (though to the buyers it's an OK choice)

However between your Orchid park condo and CR I will still award CR as the winner even though i dun like both :D:D:D

Nuovo and Grandeur 8 not much better than CR. You want to invest, spend your hard earned money on CCR properties, even if it is a studio. I might stay at Orchid Park, but all my investment properties are in CCR, freehold and next to MRT. I expected you to be more savvy for choosing investment properties considering how much time you are wasting posting all over this forum:banghead: :banghead:

danntbt
14-10-11, 16:13

...actually form the back gate CG is just less than 20 m furtner trhan Nuovo front gate to the MRT, Nuovo back gate is next to CG back gate. From what I observed, on visits to CG, the ground is very well mantained, litter free and got a nice big pool.

Lovelle
14-10-11, 16:42
Got other choice ?

mantrix
15-10-11, 10:27
Nuovo and Grandeur 8 not much better than CR. You want to invest, spend your hard earned money on CCR properties, even if it is a studio. I might stay at Orchid Park, but all my investment properties are in CCR, freehold and next to MRT. I expected you to be more savvy for choosing investment properties considering how much time you are wasting posting all over this forum:banghead: :banghead:

LOL!!! And you are Elvis as well? :D:D:D

Someone with CCR investments would not waste time trying to talk down OCR properties and twist facts around...shh shh go play in your orchid park and stop spoiling threads :D

mantrix
15-10-11, 10:29
...actually form the back gate CG is just less than 20 m furtner trhan Nuovo front gate to the MRT, Nuovo back gate is next to CG back gate. From what I observed, on visits to CG, the ground is very well maintained, litter free and got a nice big pool.

true....but if you stay in the block in nuovo nearest mrt versus furthest block away in CG that is a good 5min extra walk to the MRT though, nvm the distance of the back gates...

I just find CG a tad run down from outside, Season Park looks better (and further!)

KCT
16-10-11, 09:41
NSE is going to affect Nuovo. Rental yield won't be so promising during the construction with the noise and dust out there

mantrix
16-10-11, 11:15
NSE is going to affect Nuovo. Rental yield won't be so promising during the construction with the noise and dust out there

Yup noted x 10 - however when it is completed yield shld go up? Best to look for non expressway facing units but asking prices still very high...G8 lagi higher...

Maybe buy cluster better since so cheap nowadays :d

amk
16-10-11, 11:43
Yup noted x 10 - however when it is completed yield shld go up? d

Completed in 2020 my friend :cool: U have a horizon this long ?! For this investment ? There are many, many , many other investments better than this.

Did u realize u seemed to be determined to like nuovo despite many members telling u otherwise ? it's kind of u wanted to look for justification here, but not getting any. It's very obvious most ppl write off nuovo because of NSE and mrt track. Give u a summary: G8 has nice design and is near real amenities amk central; seasons park is practically same distance to MRT; investment elsewhere more worthwhile like newton; etc. What else u want to find out ?

KCT
16-10-11, 13:10
Amk is right,
Perhaps u 've already set ur mind on Nuovo
However those non -expressway facing units are facing the afternoon sun

mantrix
16-10-11, 14:14
Completed in 2020 my friend :cool: U have a horizon this long ?! For this investment ? There are many, many , many other investments better than this.

Did u realize u seemed to be determined to like nuovo despite many members telling u otherwise ? it's kind of u wanted to look for justification here, but not getting any. It's very obvious most ppl write off nuovo because of NSE and mrt track. Give u a summary: G8 has nice design and is near real amenities amk central; seasons park is practically same distance to MRT; investment elsewhere more worthwhile like newton; etc. What else u want to find out ?

i like nuovo's design but as i have pointed out myself, nse (duh) n high price puts me off. i like g8, jus it's further from mrt.

On season park equidistant - that's rubbish - u need to go down to see. castle green is nearer anytime than SP.

Like i also said, am looking at other projects - i like the ns mrt line so these 2 were good - venture further down south n prices are unrealistic

mantrix
16-10-11, 14:22
Amk is right,
Perhaps u 've already set ur mind on Nuovo
However those non -expressway facing units are facing the afternoon sun

KCT u stay in this area? u seem to know the place pretty well...no i hv not set my sights on nuovo just that the reasons fr it being unattractive are the same (nse etc) so i played devil's advocate to see if i can find anymore points :D

i already am quite well aquainted with G8 so wanted to know more on nuovo...also G8 prices are higher but wanted to justify how much extra premium is worth for no nse disruption n private condo status...

KCT
16-10-11, 15:46
i already am quite well aquainted with G8 so wanted to know more on nuovo...also G8 prices are higher but wanted to justify how much extra premium is worth for no nse disruption n private condo status...[/QUOTE]

I used to go to my cousin's unit there,the front-facing unit is very windy with unblock view, the layout is big, if not for NSE, I would buy it too

kane
16-10-11, 15:55
for the same absolute quantum, G8 is probably a better choice.

KCT
16-10-11, 17:03
Perhaps u could wait for a while till the NSE planning is announced, so u would have better pictures for Nuovo.
Currently, the asking price is rather high for the non-expressway facing units

kane
16-10-11, 17:44
Perhaps u could wait for a while till the NSE planning is announced, so u would have better pictures for Nuovo.
Currently, the asking price is rather high for the non-expressway facing units

Those will get west sun.

mantrix
16-10-11, 18:38
Thks guys! Your input is useful to me..