PDA

View Full Version : Capitaland launching Bedok Mrt Development

Pages : [1] 2

DaytonaSS
12-10-11, 23:53
Got an email from a nice agent.

Very exciting development. Next to MRt and on top of Capitaland mall! I think for those ard $1200 psf small units would be a sold out. There seems to be a huge indian community with good income that stays in bedok.

i cant seems to upload the pics, damn. Anyone can help with pics of the site plan of town centre.

Preview in Nov

iwantgizmos
13-10-11, 00:10
this will be an interesting project...

kane
13-10-11, 00:45
bedok central hasn't had many new projects recently, plus this being a mature estate, there could be some pent up demand for this. wonder how much will they price it for.

DaytonaSS
13-10-11, 00:49
being on top of capitaland malls and next to MRT and bus transport nodes, i think ard 1100-1200psf will be priced to sell. high floor with unblock view and no west sun should be 1300-1400 range.

kane
13-10-11, 00:57
being on top of capitaland malls and next to MRT and bus transport nodes, i think ard 1100-1200psf will be priced to sell. high floor with unblock view and no west sun should be 1300-1400 range.

that would be another record for that area. if they pull it off, they could dethrone FEO from the trend setter pole position.

bullman
13-10-11, 07:23
I have been waiting eagerly for this project. The tentative launching price looks reasonable for such a location. Looking to secure high floor sea-facing units, as well as commercial units.

Let me know if you are interested and we can perhaps form a bulk buy. Since its a CapL project, the bulk buy should form at least 5 units.

noblebaby
13-10-11, 07:53
Think only 10th floor, no way to see the sea.

I have been waiting eagerly for this project. The tentative launching price looks reasonable for such a location. Looking to secure high floor sea-facing units, as well as commercial units.

Let me know if you are interested and we can perhaps form a bulk buy. Since its a CapL project, the bulk buy should form at least 5 units.

phantom_opera
13-10-11, 08:31
the seaview is fragmented, more like HDB view lol, i think Optima seaview is better

DC33_2008
13-10-11, 08:51
This is going to be a hot project. The frontage facing mrt viaduct show be low rise landed properties with hdb flats behind.
the seaview is fragmented, more like HDB view lol, i think Optima seaview is better

DC33_2008
13-10-11, 09:23
PM me when are going in.

mantrix
13-10-11, 09:26
Bishan site starts from 1450psf so my guess this should be in region of 1200-1300psf at least

bullman
13-10-11, 09:37
Think only 10th floor, no way to see the sea.

Hi buddy,

If you read carefully, I mention "sea-facing" units and not "sea-view" units. I am aware that the sea view, if any, will be fragmented at best. However, the high floor units facing that direction will be relatively unblock and breezy.

bullman
13-10-11, 09:41
PM me when are going in.

Sure thing buddy. The launch is still in its infancy stage and I am waiting for more concrete details to be filtered out before deciding on the exact units.

DC33_2008
13-10-11, 09:50
Got to go for high floor eventhough someone said it is only 10 storey and face siglap - N-S facing, ie. windy. The only concern is the noise from the mrt track. Have to look at the design. Alternatively, commercial unit is also not bad. :)
Sure thing buddy. The launch is still in its infancy stage and I am waiting for more concrete details to be filtered out before deciding on the exact units.

devilplate
13-10-11, 10:03
pool facing away from mrt track bestest:2cents:

devilplate
13-10-11, 10:04
Hi buddy,

If you read carefully, I mention "sea-facing" units and not "sea-view" units. I am aware that the sea view, if any, will be fragmented at best. However, the high floor units facing that direction will be relatively unblock and breezy.

but also having unblock mrt track noise?

devilplate
13-10-11, 10:06

yo, r they selling commercial units? i doubt so wor....

prolly selling 3k+ psf?

DC33_2008
13-10-11, 10:18
Fm $1300-1400psf for one bedder? Fm $1050psf for two bedder?

prolly selling 3k+ psf?

bullman
13-10-11, 10:26
Got to go for high floor eventhough someone said it is only 10 storey and face siglap - N-S facing, ie. windy. The only concern is the noise from the mrt track. Have to look at the design. Alternatively, commercial unit is also not bad. :)

High floor units will definitely still be affected by the noise. Some expert forummers here have already done a detailed analysis that sound travels upwards. I guess that's also the reason why the majority of 1BR ad 1+1 BR are facing the south.

bullman
13-10-11, 10:29
but also having unblock mrt track noise?

We can't have the best of both worlds bro. I guess the unblock view sort of make up for it.

devilplate
13-10-11, 10:30
High floor units will definitely still be affected by the noise. Some expert forummers here have already done a detailed analysis that sound travels upwards. I guess that's also the reason why the majority of 1BR ad 1+1 BR are facing the south.

siteplan out?

devilplate
13-10-11, 10:31

depending on the size diff between 1/2bdr.....psf diff shdnt b so huge

more likely 1400psf for 1bdr, 1200psf for 2bdr....

optima 1bdr oredi hit 13xxpsf

bullman
13-10-11, 10:31

prolly selling 3k+ psf?

From what I heard, they may be releasing some commercial units. I guess the indicative is around 2500-3000 psf. IMO, a reasonable price to pay for commercial units in that location.

devilplate
13-10-11, 10:33
Bishan site starts from 1450psf so my guess this should be in region of 1200-1300psf at least

so u mean this project inferior to bishan?

if similar pricing, i will go for this one....integrated mall, interchange/mrt....everything just a lift away:D

bullman
13-10-11, 10:34

I could be wrong, but its more like:

$1350-$1450 for 1BR and 1+1
$1250-$1350 for 2BR
$1150-$1250 for 3BR
$1050-$1150 for 4 BR

bullman
13-10-11, 10:35
siteplan out?

Yes. The siteplan is out with all the distribution of units indicated clearly. In anticipation of the next question, only some floorplans are out.

devilplate
13-10-11, 10:36
From what I heard, they may be releasing some commercial units. I guess the indicative is around 2500-3000 psf. IMO, a reasonable price to pay for commercial units in that location.

anything below 3kpsf for retail shop space is goodie good....i ON leh.....:D

but hor mabe release those super poor facing cum higher level shops space:(

bullman
13-10-11, 10:39
anything below 3kpsf for retail shop space is goodie good....i ON leh.....:D

but hor mabe release those super poor facing cum higher level shops space:(

Ok bro. We will go in together if the commercial units are available. Personally, I don't mind getting the higher floor commercial units as long as I can get one! I foresee strong interest and hence competition in this project.

DC33_2008
13-10-11, 10:43
The noise generated from the mrt viaduct is called the line source. It will propagate radially in a cylindrical manner. Air will be able absorbed some of the sound level but only effective for certain frequency. This development is nearer to the viaduct than Centro in AMK. Hopefully they will get an acoustician to give some sound barrier advice in the design of the facade. South-Eastern facing unit may be a better bet.

DC33_2008
13-10-11, 10:46
I thought for mixed development, retail malls and commercial offices will be on the lower floor with tower block for residential. Retail malls and commercial offices do not need good view but high traffic volume and accessible from main entrance.
Ok bro. We will go in together if the commercial units are available. Personally, I don't mind getting the higher floor commercial units as long as I can get one! I foresee strong interest and hence competition in this project.

mantrix
13-10-11, 10:48
so u mean this project inferior to bishan?

if similar pricing, i will go for this one....integrated mall, interchange/mrt....everything just a lift away:D

Bishan is considered RCR bah...and also nearer to town via NS line
Got renowned designer somemore :D

The Bishan badge is slightly more snobbish than Bedok :D

devilplate
13-10-11, 10:50
I thought for mixed development, retail malls and commercial offices will be on the lower floor with tower block for residential. Retail malls and commercial offices do not need good view but high traffic volume and accessible from main entrance.

its a 13 storey residential cum retail.....i dun tink got offices

http://www.bedokcondo.com/condo.html

wat i meant was mabe there will be let say 5 levels of retail mall(most likely 2 level of basement+1-3rd storey) and capland maybe only selling those shop space on the top floors?

bullman
13-10-11, 10:53

Yes that is correct. I meant getting the higher floor commercial units, which is level 2-3. Devil wants the most prime units at the entrance on the ground floor. I think ordinary folks like myself do not have a chance as they will be pre-reserved to special buyers or CapL may even just hold on to them for rental.

devilplate
13-10-11, 10:53

without integrated mall/interchange/mrt, bedok definitely looks pale in comparison.....

but things have changed:D

DC33_2008
13-10-11, 10:54
Hope they will not get top notch architect to design. Hope they will consider using double glazed window for those facing the track to keep out the noise and heat too.
its a 13 storey residential cum retail.....i dun tink got offices

http://www.bedokcondo.com/condo.html

wat i meant was mabe there will be let say 5 levels of retail mall(most likely 2 level of basement+1-3rd storey) and capland maybe only selling those shop space on the top floors?

mantrix
13-10-11, 10:56
without integrated mall/interchange/mrt, bedok definitely looks pale in comparison.....

but things have changed:D

i'll like to see the design of the condo first :D

phantom_opera
13-10-11, 10:57
I think the architecture will be as normal as ATT ... how small is the MM? 1.4kpsf for MM is almost guaranteed, how can it be cheaper to My Manhattan / Optima right? The key is 3br, if 1-1.1kpsf then reasonable.

Bishan is closer to Orchard but Bedok can get to Marina Bay through CCL and closer to East Coast / airport

DC33_2008
13-10-11, 11:05
The artist impression in the website is quite mediocre. Will the price be similar to current selling price at Centro R?
i'll like to see the design of the condo first :D

mantrix
13-10-11, 11:09
The artist impression in the website is quite mediocre. Will the price be similar to current selling price at Centro R?

comparing this to Centro is a better comparison... both have the same feel...

august
13-10-11, 12:16

bedok is OCR liao.

hopeful
13-10-11, 12:40
The project is shared by Capitaland Residential Singapore and Capitamalls Asia.

Think they will sell commercial units meh?

DC33_2008
13-10-11, 12:49
Unlikely. Will have REITS.

bullman
13-10-11, 12:59

No need to speculate or argue over this. Just wait for further news updates. If yes, then its like a bonus. In the meantime, I am studying the site plan on which units to go for.

focus
13-10-11, 13:00
If it's commercial units, I will also be interested!!! :)

hopeful
13-10-11, 13:04
........ In the meantime, I am studying the site plan on which units to go for.

can you give the link to the siteplan and floorplans?
a lot of the websites doesnt give the siteplan and floorplans.

bullman
13-10-11, 13:12

The site plan can be found openly in the listings by agents on Bedok Residence in PG. For floorplans, you can also contact them for it. Note that only the floorplans for 1BR unit is not out yet.

DC33_2008
13-10-11, 13:13
The temporary bus terminal will likely be sold for private development in future. MRT facing is still the best. Will the opposite industrial bldg be moving out?
No need to speculate or argue over this. Just wait for further news updates. If yes, then its like a bonus. In the meantime, I am studying the site plan on which units to go for.

sh
13-10-11, 13:18

Don't think they have ever sold their retail units.

Besides the mall will go downhill if the units are sold. Think lucky plaza, city plaza. There is no control over tenant mix, organise events, etc.

DaytonaSS
13-10-11, 13:54

If u still want the details, pm me your email. I send u the email from a nice pretty agent

august
13-10-11, 14:05

unlikely they will sell, buy capitamall trust instead :p

gn108
13-10-11, 14:07
everyone so excited about this launch - sure the pricing will match this level of interest.

DaytonaSS
13-10-11, 14:16
Seldom got see a development with this kind of offerings. It will be damn hot, for sure

phantom_opera
13-10-11, 14:36
hey hey, game of musical chair, if CAPL really so confident about economic growth or potential rental yield, would they consider selling the commercial units?

DaytonaSS
13-10-11, 14:53
hey hey, game of musical chair, if CAPL really so confident about economic growth or potential rental yield, would they consider selling the commercial units?

The email I got never mention abt commercial units leh.... All is residential

Laguna
13-10-11, 15:05
they will not sell the commercial units, they will get these properties as REIT and then as business trust for listing

masterkey
13-10-11, 16:02
So much buzz...and pent up demand for this area, looks like the project will be a sell out if the price is not too painful. Anyone knows the land cost for the developer?

eng81157
13-10-11, 16:09
So much buzz...and pent up demand for this area, looks like the project will be a sell out if the price is not too painful. Anyone knows the land cost for the developer?

centro @ amk went for 1100psf & more and that's 1.5 years ago. guess this development will be about 1200psf and beyond

DaytonaSS
13-10-11, 21:17
centro @ amk went for 1100psf & more and that's 1.5 years ago. guess this development will be about 1200psf and beyond

If start 1100 for preview sure fly ?

devilplate
13-10-11, 21:29
If start 1100 for preview sure fly ?
Low flr 4bdr 1.1kpsf or 1bdr 1.1kpsf.....hell lots of diff

amk
13-10-11, 21:33
The key is 3br, if 1-1.1kpsf then reasonable.

Aiyo 1-1.1k will be un-reasonable already ;) keppel jurong already did 1100, how can this be 1100 ? Not even 1200. I say 1300 !

RE_Owner
13-10-11, 21:54
If liew's spy read this they will sure up the price

DC33_2008
13-10-11, 22:08
One bedder should be from 1.3-1.4kpsf. A 500sqft will be about 700k.

heroes
13-10-11, 22:14
Guys, i ned advise... If you hv 800k budget..which one you choose? 1br bedok or 1 br the shore (amber). This project near mrt,mall but the shore in east prime area....many thanks

kane
13-10-11, 22:43
If liew's spy read this they will sure up the price

maybe liew's spies are amongst us talking up the price??

aiya, crap project, no $500psf no buy!! :D

Worsty
13-10-11, 23:01
Guys, i ned advise... If you hv 800k budget..which one you choose? 1br bedok or 1 br the shore (amber). This project near mrt,mall but the shore in east prime area....many thanks
Living or stay? If staying, you like Singaporeans as neighbours or Foreigners? You drive or not?

If for stay and not driving, i'll get the Bedok one. If driving, get the Shore. (since staying and 1 bedder means it'll be a bachelor pad to bring your hook ups to and their legs go weaker if your pad's at Amber then Bedok) Both near amenities but Bedok project will be easier to do groceries shopping since it's directly below or like 100-200m away (Sheng Shiong) or 300-400m (NTUC).

Bedok more heartland feel, Amber, more atas feeling. Depends on your preference.

If rental, i would probably also choose Bedok since Shore is not FH and condos galore over that area. No condos in Bedok, nearest over at Bedok Reservoir, at Bedok South Road or over at Tanah Merah but none with the convenience of this project. Easier to stand out against those condos.

DaytonaSS
13-10-11, 23:12

OMG, issit this the proj, FEO sell 103 years when the land is free hold?

heroes
13-10-11, 23:35
Actually for investment not staying. So i want rent it out...yes bro daytona..it really bother my mind... 103lh:banghead: i like the area and in my budget but sitting on fh ... It wil be problem in the future?

radha08
14-10-11, 00:02
what does vvip preview mean?? you get 1st shot at buying a unit???...:cool:

devilplate
14-10-11, 00:32
Cant find any gd deal in the resale market?

kane
14-10-11, 00:50
Cant find any gd deal in the resale market?

Resale's gap seems to have been narrowing. After such a long time.

eng81157
14-10-11, 06:05
maybe liew's spies are amongst us talking up the price??

aiya, crap project, no $500psf no buy!! :D

whoa.....that kind of price looks, sounds and smells retro liao.....

even crappy outskirts like punggol is already hitting beyond that

ecimbew
14-10-11, 07:25

Just posted a reply in the east thread. MM units at flora road has hit $1000psf or more.

kane
14-10-11, 07:33

It was meant to be a tongue in cheek comment.

DC33_2008
14-10-11, 08:51
The layout for 1+1 and 2 bedder is not too bad as there is no bay window, no bomb shelther but with large balcony is still there. The tennis courts / swimming pool provides some open space and distance between two opposite blocks. Will sell out fast.

devilplate
14-10-11, 09:11
The layout for 1+1 and 2 bedder is not too bad as there is no bay window, no bomb shelther but with large balcony is still there. The tennis courts / swimming pool provides some open space and distance between two opposite blocks. Will sell out fast.

pool facing bestest.....

i estimate the distance between the 2 blocks to be 50m....nice:D

DC33_2008
14-10-11, 09:16
Internal stacks should be quieter and south facing ones will be better than north facing ones as wind will come from the low rise building and create a wind tunnel effect into these units.
pool facing bestest.....

i estimate the distance between the 2 blocks to be 50m....nice:D

devilplate
14-10-11, 09:24
can post the layout?:D

2bdr 710sqft rite? so small....

DaytonaSS
14-10-11, 09:38
can post the layout?:D

2bdr 710sqft rite? so small....

Small is the new fav. Affordable! I rem 1 bro here also mention no need to do too much cleaning.

devilplate
14-10-11, 09:45
Small is the new fav. Affordable! I rem 1 bro here also mention no need to do too much cleaning.

capland leh.....:doh:

DaytonaSS
14-10-11, 09:47
Blk 26 1+S shld be first to fly off the shelf.

East Lover
14-10-11, 09:57
can share the floor plan or website???

azeoprop
14-10-11, 10:32
can share the floor plan or website???

Found some floor plans here:

http://www.bedokcondo.com/floor_plans.html

Laguna
14-10-11, 10:34
This thread shall move to D16

kane
14-10-11, 11:02
The shape of the 4 bedders look quite odd. But at least they have good facing ones. Some projects the 4 bedders have crap facing.

devilplate
14-10-11, 11:29
2,4bdr balcony so big:scared-4:

3bdr looks alrite but y common rooms so small:(

1+study prolly best buy

TKT
14-10-11, 11:35
Is it really necessary to have all these huge balconies?

From layout plans, looks like 1/5 or at least 1/6 space is balcony for every type. :doh:

radha08
14-10-11, 11:36
my saliva dropping..:D ...3 bedder looks good....:)

radha08
14-10-11, 11:37

is blk 26 facing mrt line??

buttercarp
14-10-11, 11:45
Strange.....why the smaller units got no household shelter when the bigger ones have?

DaytonaSS
14-10-11, 11:46

The outer facing most likely facing MRT . The 1 + s is facing inside pool facing.

devilplate
14-10-11, 11:51
Is it really necessary to have all these huge balconies?

From layout plans, looks like 1/5 or at least 1/6 space is balcony for every type. :doh:
Definitely more den 10%....developer shd just build balcony up to the given foc 10%:(

amk
14-10-11, 11:53
all the guest rooms (non master) can only fit a single bed :mad:

to make it "affordable" and yet high psf....

SG is really going down this route ...haiz.... sometimes I wonder, SG is not HK, SG has a HDB which is cheap, spacious, and by all account as good aesthetically as these new condos.. will one day ppl suddenly realize it's not worth to live in tiny condos ? look at the new DBSS along the bedok reservoir road, looks almost the same as all the Waterfront * projects. In HK ppl have no choice, here we have

devilplate
14-10-11, 11:55
Strange.....why the smaller units got no household shelter when the bigger ones have?
Bomb shelter still compulsory....those smaller units wud haf the common staircase double up as bombshelter

devilplate
14-10-11, 11:58
all the guest rooms (non master) can only fit a single bed :mad:

to make it "affordable" and yet high psf....

SG is really going down this route ...haiz.... sometimes I wonder, SG is not HK, SG has a HDB which is cheap, spacious, and by all account as good aesthetically as these new condos.. will one day ppl suddenly realize it's not worth to live in tiny condos ? look at the new DBSS along the bedok reservoir road, looks almost the same as all the Waterfront * projects. In HK ppl have no choice, here we have
If there is no restrictions on hdb, i will not touch condo at all!

Many of us cant even buy hdb now....buy one hdb give up all other ppty.....give up whole forest just for a tree,

amk
14-10-11, 12:11
u rich man dun count lah... I meant in general, 70 percentile of the income level should find HDB living better than tiny condo living.

if u look at the statistics, 10ys ago roughly 20% of the households are non HDB. today it's almost 30%. in 5yrs time with all these "affordable" condos built, will it be 40% ?

DC33_2008
14-10-11, 12:12
Will have lots of fierce balloting for the 1 and 1+1 pool facing units.

Many of us cant even buy hdb now....buy one hdb give up all other ppty.....give up whole forest just for a tree,

radha08
14-10-11, 12:12

yup sigh what to do...must follow law...:( ....thats singapore:cool:

DC33_2008
14-10-11, 12:14
Good to conduct a survey on % of Singaporean having both HDB and PPs.
u rich man dun count lah... I meant in general, 70 percentile of the income level should find HDB living better than tiny condo living.

if u look at the statistics, 10ys ago roughly 20% of the households are non HDB. today it's almost 30%. in 5yrs time with all these "affordable" condos built, will it be 40% ?

devilplate
14-10-11, 12:19

Can share the source of the stats....

I tot still 80% singka staying in hdb?:confused:

Btw me not rich la....dun even hf a small inter terrace:o

buttercarp
14-10-11, 12:19

Blk 24 to 30 face south, which mean facing MRT.

devilplate
14-10-11, 12:23
Will have lots of fierce balloting for the 1 and 1+1 pool facing units.
Dun hf pool facing 1bdr

1+study gd layout.....can consider if below 700k....:sleep:

DC33_2008
14-10-11, 12:25
There are 6 - 8 units on each stack. So half of them will face the MRT lines for stacks 24 - 30.

radha08
14-10-11, 12:29

he he thanks i was looking for my compass...:D and about to go down to bedok mrt...kidding...:D

DC33_2008
14-10-11, 12:31
Yup 1+s is good at 615 sqft with smaller balcony. Lots of hdb upgrader will be eyeing this place. Is this your choice unit?
Dun hf pool facing 1bdr

bullman
14-10-11, 13:07
Yup 1+s is good at 615 sqft with smaller balcony. Lots of hdb upgrader will be eyeing this place. Is this your choice unit?

Hey buddy, lets wait for the floorplan of the 1BR before making a judgement. It could perhaps be superior?

Have you decided on your choice yet? PM if so and we will go in for the bulk buy.

bullman
14-10-11, 13:09
Dun hf pool facing 1bdr

This price could be possible in a downturn. There are always buyers who have over-extended themselves.

DC33_2008
14-10-11, 13:12
Not yet. Will visit the site this weekend. Which stack will they release in vvip preview?
Lets wait for the floorplan of the 1BR before making a judgement.

Have you decided on your choice yet? PM if so and we will go in for the bulk buy.

bullman
14-10-11, 13:24
Not yet. Will visit the site this weekend. Which stack will they release in vvip preview?

Hi buddy, I have PM you. Check it out.

devilplate
14-10-11, 13:27
Hey buddy, lets wait for the floorplan of the 1BR before making a judgement. It could perhaps be superior?

Bro, keep us updated

I might be keen to get a small unit

Was joking on 700k....12xxpsf oredi gd px which work out to be 750k hopefully....lol

bullman
14-10-11, 13:30
Bro, keep us updated

I might be keen to get a small unit

Was joking on 700k....12xxpsf oredi gd px which work out to be 750k hopefully....lol

Hey bro. No worries. Will keep you updated via PM as well. IMO, 12xx psf for the 1+1 is quite impossible. If it really happens, we are talking about those low floor units facing the tracks. At that psf, a better bet would be a more decent facing 2BR.

Laguna
14-10-11, 13:46
I think small unit, good ones should be around $1500 psf

radha08
14-10-11, 13:53
wats the guess on psf for 3 bedder??:)

devilplate
14-10-11, 14:22
12xxpsf.....

U n me wait :sleep: :sleep: :ashamed1:

bullman
14-10-11, 14:57

I have already given the rough range of PSF for the various sizes in an earlier post.

hopeful
14-10-11, 15:29
if mixed development like Centro and this, there is no enbloc potential right?
Furthermore it is integrated with bus interchange, cannot enbloc unless government allow?

DC33_2008
14-10-11, 16:24
Can you re-PM to me? Have not received it.
Hi buddy, I have PM you. Check it out.

eng81157
14-10-11, 16:33
if mixed development like Centro and this, there is no enbloc potential right?
Furthermore it is integrated with bus interchange, cannot enbloc unless government allow?

wah......haven't start selling and you're thinking about en-bloc liao.....

howgozit
14-10-11, 16:40
wah......haven't start selling and you're thinking about en-bloc liao.....

Wah... thinking very far ahead....

DaytonaSS
14-10-11, 17:18
I think small unit, good ones should be around $1500 psf

The high floor with unblocked view one shld be in high $1400 range

hopeful
14-10-11, 17:35
was looking at centro price list as comparison for bedok.
1000sq ft @ 1700psf for 30+ stories. :eek:
Just hoping that this bedok condo is not as pricey as centro.

phantom_opera
14-10-11, 17:47
if not because of stock market is bad, you think CAPL will sell so fast? Wait till STI bounces back to 3k ... no 1.5kpsf no talk ;) might as well buy CAPL if you think the bottom already established, at least I can see CAPL goes to $3.5 from 2.5 if everything turns out to be ok ... most of us will get hit by 60% LTV restriction + 4y SSD, risk vs return is terrible vs if you buy stock

Dow futures up 79

DC33_2008
14-10-11, 17:47
How much upside do you think this will have in 2 years time?
was looking at centro price list as comparison for bedok.
1000sq ft @ 1700psf for 30+ stories. :eek:
Just hoping that this bedok condo is not as pricey as centro.

DC33_2008
14-10-11, 17:50
$1300-$1400psf is priced beyond hdb graders and some investors given the uncertainty in the economic climate in the next 1-2 years.
The high floor with unblocked view one shld be in high $1400 range

hopeful
14-10-11, 18:00
How much upside do you think this will have in 2 years time?

still sorting out my thoughts.

Wont rise up much i think, because of SSD.if price increase 20%, original owner only earn 8% after 2 years because of stamp duties(12%) . not covering agent costs etc.

but if buy during recession, the volume also very low, seller also unwilling to sell because have stamp duties. Even if sell at cost, imagine his initial deposit left 20% - 12%=8%. Seller take a 60% hit on his original investment. so unless really desperate, no firesales for this bedok condo.

sorry, still sorting my playbook.

azeoprop
14-10-11, 18:27
Floorplan layout reminds me of the luxurie @ sengkang with mini bedrooms and ultra big balconies.

The 4 bedroom balcony as big as living room + 2 bedrooms. :scared-1:

DaytonaSS
14-10-11, 19:12
$1300-$1400psf is priced beyond hdb graders and some investors given the uncertainty in the economic climate in the next 1-2 years.

I think the Indian PRs whom make a good profit from hdb the last 3 years might grab to upgrade. There are alot of them in bedok. 2 bedder 1.5m range Shld have no prob finding buyers in my opinion.

hyenergix
14-10-11, 21:12
My guess is around $1400 psf for 2 bedders low floor.

yjcai
14-10-11, 21:54
if not because of stock market is bad, you think CAPL will sell so fast? Wait till STI bounces back to 3k ... no 1.5kpsf no talk ;) might as well buy CAPL if you think the bottom already established, at least I can see CAPL goes to $3.5 from 2.5 if everything turns out to be ok ... most of us will get hit by 60% LTV restriction + 4y SSD, risk vs return is terrible vs if you buy stock

Dow futures up 79

safdie bishan capl no 1.8k psf no talk. bedok one no 1.5k psf no talk. there is no way they giv reasonable price beside the mrt.

if loan gogo its 1.25% + 3m sibor. Getting scarier

radha08
14-10-11, 22:05
I could be wrong, but its more like:

$1350-$1450 for 1BR and 1+1
$1250-$1350 for 2BR
$1150-$1250 for 3BR
$1050-$1150 for 4 BR

tks for rough guide...:D

radha08
14-10-11, 22:06

Dow futures up 79

makes a lot of sense...:cool:

DC33_2008
14-10-11, 22:30
May offer 5% discount and furniture voucher for the 1st batch.
tks for rough guide...:D

radha08
15-10-11, 08:25
in summary if priced reasonabaly and for an investor with strong risk appetite in case of any weakening of economic conditions within next few years i feel this launch offers good oppurtunity compared to a lot of other property launches in the east....:cool:

just go in with eyes/ears closed and keep them closed for next 4 years....:D:D:D

phantom_opera
15-10-11, 09:38
they will sell you lousy units first, once that is done, break even, keep the rest until bus interchange opens, if CAPL not doing this, Liew should be fired

DC33_2008
15-10-11, 09:40
IMO, which are the lousy units?
they will sell you lousy units first, once that is done, break even, keep the rest until bus interchange opens, if CAPL not doing this, Liew should be fired

phantom_opera
15-10-11, 09:43
IMO, which are the lousy units?

all the low floors facing out

it is a shame CAPL has the following floor plan, open kindergarten at home at balcony? :doh:

http://i2.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/3/f/e/a/3feaf613647148_1_V550.jpg

DC33_2008
15-10-11, 10:03
Lower floor unit may be better than the upper floor unit facing the track from the noise perspective as there is a terrace with greens.

devilplate
15-10-11, 10:19
Lower floor unit may be better than the upper floor unit facing the track from the noise perspective as there is a terrace with greens.
Tat will be ground flr.....2nd flr upwards will not be spared.....imagine everytime kena bio by commuters in the train.....no privacy, track noise, road noise and air pollution! Wow!

devilplate
15-10-11, 10:22
Shd follow feo strategy

Launch few stacks at a time wif various facing....

Cannot just launch all lousy units.....nid to create a hype by releasing some gd units

U see how successful euhabitat is? Super lousy location actually....99lh, next to pie and far from mrt.....FEO my idol!

DC33_2008
15-10-11, 10:25
Not sure if ERA is good in their marketing strategy.
Shd follow feo strategy

Launch few stacks at a time wif various facing....

Cannot just launch all lousy units.....nid to create a hype by releasing some gd units

U see how successful euhabitat is? Super lousy location actually....99lh, next to pie and far from mrt.....FEO my idol!

TKT
15-10-11, 10:27
all the low floors facing out

it is a shame CAPL has the following floor plan, open kindergarten at home at balcony? :doh:

http://i2.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/3/f/e/a/3feaf613647148_1_V550.jpg

Its a disgrace!

:doh: :scared-2:

kane
15-10-11, 10:37
The balcony of the 4 bedder is huge!!

There should be a rule that no longer allows extra allowance on balcony and air con ledge and bay window etc, all to be counted under GFA!

devilplate
15-10-11, 10:52
The balcony of the 4 bedder is huge!!

There should be a rule that no longer allows extra allowance on balcony and air con ledge and bay window etc, all to be counted under GFA!
All counted under gfa except 1st 10% foc balcony and 100% foc ac ledge as long within 1m width

How much construction cost can developer saves by building balcony?

Buy feo projects la! No oversized balcony....whahahhaa

Capland=crappyland:p

Most recent projects by capland :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :doh:

Interlace layout still decent but also got tons of big big baywindows

mantrix
15-10-11, 10:53
anyone knows the name of this project?

devilplate
15-10-11, 11:04
anyone knows the name of this project?
Pending...but got agt put bedok residence:rolleyes:

rattydrama
15-10-11, 11:16
cheapo name with high price tag...

acidic.straw
15-10-11, 11:22
d'Bedok :D

kane
15-10-11, 11:26
All counted under gfa except 1st 10% foc balcony and 100% foc ac ledge as long within 1m width

How much construction cost can developer saves by building balcony?

Buy feo projects la! No oversized balcony....whahahhaa

Capland=crappyland:p

Most recent projects by capland :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :doh:

Interlace layout still decent but also got tons of big big baywindows

My point there should be no FOC on air con ledge and 10% FOC on balcony.

devilplate
15-10-11, 11:37
My point there should be no FOC on air con ledge and 10% FOC on balcony.
I m ok wif 10% foc balcony becoz balcony provides some shade....greener mah....10% balcony just nice.....not too big or small....but ac ledge :tsk-tsk:

Isit alot cheaper to build balconies? Since its included in gfa after first 10%?

kane
15-10-11, 11:43
Balconies are fine like you say, so the developer at their discretion can decide how much balcony to allocate based on the desired lifestyle effect. And they will bid for the land accordingly. Why is there the need to give them the 10% allowance to subsidise their cost of land acquisition? It's giving free money to developers no?

devilplate
15-10-11, 11:51
Balconies are fine like you say, so the developer at their discretion can decide how much balcony to allocate based on the desired lifestyle effect. And they will bid for the land accordingly. Why is there the need to give them the 10% allowance to subsidise their cost of land acquisition? It's giving free money to developers no?
Their aim is to give incentive for developers to build balconies as it also forms part of the criteria of duno wat green award...lol:rolleyes:

Give them free 10%, developer also factor into their bid px....effectively i tink govt dun lose out....not really foc.....end consumer pay for it though.....but if no balconies, many projects will look like hdb bto flats liao....whahaha:rolleyes:

kane
15-10-11, 11:58
Their aim is to give incentive for developers to build balconies as it also forms part of the criteria of duno wat green award...lol:rolleyes:

Give them free 10%, developer also factor into their bid px....effectively i tink govt dun lose out....not really foc.....end consumer pay for it though.....but if no balconies, many projects will look like hdb bto flats liao....whahaha:rolleyes:

Ok, if it is incentivise developers to build balconies, fine, but there has to be an absolute limit in psf that they can have extra. An the air con ledge allowance should be scrapped. How many condensers does a condo apartment even require?

devilplate
15-10-11, 12:12
Ok, if it is incentivise developers to build balconies, fine, but there has to be an absolute limit in psf that they can have extra. An the air con ledge allowance should be scrapped. How many condensers does a condo apartment even require?
Nvm la....Give n take lor....

Wait developer start to charge common lobby area liao by putting nice marbles at the lobby...follow hk:scared-3:

I fully agree ac ledge allowance be scrapped....looks damn ugly too to have long long ac ledge....faintz:doh:

ecimbew
15-10-11, 13:05
Found this online

New Upper Changi Road / Bedok North Drive
District: 16
Tenure: 99 Years
TOP: Est 1st Half 2015 (Residential)
TOP: Est 1Half of 2014 (Commercial)
Total Units: 583 units
No of Levels: 13 storey with 2 basement level of shopping mall and a direct underpass to bedok mrt station
Carpark: 1 unit to 1 lot (Separate from commercial) (Not firm yet)
Unit type: 1, 1+1, 2, 3, 4, PH (Please refer to below for sizes)
Facilities: Full condo facilities including 1 tennis court

http://bedokresidence.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/82.jpg?w=500&h=333

mcmlxxvi
15-10-11, 13:26
http://www.homesatbedokresidences.com/images/slider-1.jpg
http://www.homesatbedokresidences.com/images/vibrant-hub.jpg
http://www.homesatbedokresidences.com/images/br-location-map.png
http://www.homesatbedokresidences.com/images/site-map.jpg
http://www.homesatbedokresidences.com/images/bedokr-fp-A5as.png
http://www.homesatbedokresidences.com/images/bedokr-fp-B3h.png
http://www.homesatbedokresidences.com/images/bedokr-fp-C2.png
http://www.homesatbedokresidences.com/images/bedokr-fp-D1.png
http://www.homesatbedokresidences.com/images/bedokr-fp-D2.png
http://bedokresidence.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/img_0770.jpg?w=500&h=373
http://bedokresidence.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/showflat-1.jpg?w=500&h=373

DaytonaSS
15-10-11, 13:41
The 4 bedroom D2 layout looks pretty good, 2 balconies. I think balconies are fine if they enjoy unblocked view on the high floor.

DaytonaSS
15-10-11, 13:42
Tat will be ground flr.....2nd flr upwards will not be spared.....imagine everytime kena bio by commuters in the train.....no privacy, track noise, road noise and air pollution! Wow!

i though first few floor is mall? MRT track is not so tall lah.

kane
15-10-11, 14:43
Nvm la....Give n take lor....

Wait developer start to charge common lobby area liao by putting nice marbles at the lobby...follow hk:scared-3:

I fully agree ac ledge allowance be scrapped....looks damn ugly too to have long long ac ledge....faintz:doh:

Sim lian is already selling a portion of what looks like common corridor space in clover. Heh.

popoty
15-10-11, 15:51
[QUOTE=mcmlxxvi]

All units zhun zhun N-S orientation ah

DC33_2008
15-10-11, 16:19
The eye level of the train should be slightly below the start of the first residential level.
i though first few floor is mall? MRT track is not so tall lah.

DaytonaSS
15-10-11, 16:27
The eye level of the train should be slightly below the start of the first residential level.

thats my guess also. mrt commuters shouldnt be able to look into the units. On preview day go kapo check it out

DC33_2008
15-10-11, 16:41
Prospective buyer should do a site survey first. :)

devilplate
15-10-11, 17:19
thats my guess also. mrt commuters shouldnt be able to look into the units. On preview day go kapo check it out
U can look at centris....let say eye level on 1st flr of the residential units, can see another 3-5 storey upwards quite clearly

Laguna
15-10-11, 21:51
For this project, couples of things to look up

1. rule out those facing the train track and Changi Road
2. the distance face to face between the two blocks, seems too near to be of comfort
3. facing the other side, perhaps is the best, but not too sure facing the factories, or HDB or the low rise private housing....

Pricing is not going to be cheap...
layout looks good for 2 bedrooms..and 4 bedrooms

DaytonaSS
15-10-11, 21:56
U can look at centris....let say eye level on 1st flr of the residential units, can see another 3-5 storey upwards quite clearly

That's a good observation to share. Train track facing could be priced lower since it's less desirable

DaytonaSS
15-10-11, 21:58
Just spoke to nice pretty agent , seems interest is very high.

kane
15-10-11, 22:46
Near mrt tends to have a hypnotic effect on buyers to part with their money, at times bordering on irrationality.

devilplate
15-10-11, 22:53
Near mrt tends to have a hypnotic effect on buyers to part with their money, at times bordering on irrationality.
No leh...mrt alone not gd enuff liao

Its quite rare to have such project wif Integrated mall, interchange n mrt.....smthing like compass heights, centris....both projects rental quite good

devilplate
15-10-11, 22:55
That's a good observation to share. Train track facing could be priced lower since it's less desirable
Tats y developer put all the 1bdr facing track.....low quantum....face track ppl also grab

kane
15-10-11, 23:34
No leh...mrt alone not gd enuff liao

Its quite rare to have such project wif Integrated mall, interchange n mrt.....smthing like compass heights, centris....both projects rental quite good
There's centro now and in future when ura sells the plot next to Nex, there'll probably be one there.
s

DC33_2008
16-10-11, 10:25
For this project, couples of things to look up

1. rule out those facing the train track and Changi Road
2. the distance face to face between the two blocks, seems too near to be of comfort
3. facing the other side, perhaps is the best, but not too sure facing the factories, or HDB or the low rise private housing....

Pricing is not going to be cheap...
layout looks good for 2 bedrooms..and 4 bedroomsAt least no bay window for this project.

kane
16-10-11, 10:55
Without the bay window allowance, it's no longer fashionable to have them.

devilplate
16-10-11, 10:55
At least no bay window for this project.
However its not longer a plus point anymore....its a norm oredi

kane
16-10-11, 10:57
However its not longer a plus point anymore....its a norm oredi

Yes, peoiple expect it in new projects.

devilplate
16-10-11, 11:00
Yes, peoiple expect it in new projects.
Mbe a plus point....no oversized ac ledge....but hor got oversized balcony...haha

kane
16-10-11, 11:03
Mbe a plus point....no oversized ac ledge....but hor got oversized balcony...haha
Maybe an oversized balcony would appeal to some but ac ledge is a complete rip off. Only the air con servicing man will say thank you to you for giving him more work space.

azeoprop
16-10-11, 11:10
Alfresco living, dining and bedroom at the balcony is the latest fashion now....eco living haa haa....

:doh:

kane
16-10-11, 11:14
Unless one can have a bbq at the air con ledge. Ha.

maisonjai
16-10-11, 11:15
Oversized balconies help to artificially push down the psf, good for advertising "starts from $xxx/psf" and Index "market cooling down".

kane
16-10-11, 11:39
As they say, the devil is in the details.

amk
16-10-11, 11:46
Seriously this one launching when ? In early Nov ? That will clash with the UOL bedok launch

DC33_2008
16-10-11, 12:11
Pass by the site just now. Viaduct is abt 4 storey height. No direct view from train commuters to lower floor units. Stationary train is sheltered & no possible for people to look up. May be good to shield off noise from train. Nearby flats are normally 12 storey.

Laguna
16-10-11, 13:20
I would rather wait for the one at Paya Lebar, the former SS site, FH, a better location

DC33_2008
16-10-11, 14:01
What is SS? Where is it in PL?
I would rather wait for the one at Paya Lebar, the former SS site, FH, a better location

insigina
16-10-11, 14:04
Think former Lion City hotel site by UOL. Mixed retail and residential

radha08
16-10-11, 14:32
Just spoke to nice pretty agent , seems interest is very high.

interest in the agent or the launch....:D

buttercarp
16-10-11, 15:09

SS= Sheng siong
It is next to Lion City Hotel.

DC33_2008
16-10-11, 17:21
Is this place really better? Distance to mrt is further and check out the immediate environment now. :(
SS= Sheng siong
It is next to Lion City Hotel.

Laguna
16-10-11, 17:28
Is this place really better? Distance to mrt is further and check out the immediate environment now. :(

yes, Sg Govt is very deteremined to hv the Paya Lebar business hub,
there are quite a few big plots of land around Eunos MRT station with East West line and Circle line there.

URA has put up the signboard for the tender. And all the low rise factories will be gone very soon. I think these motore workhops are on 30 years lease, should be up soon,

Dun under estimate the potential of this area.

DC33_2008
16-10-11, 17:30
MOM will be occupying that site? Do you think it is good or bad?
yes, Sg Govt is very deteremined to hv the Paya Lebar business hub,
there are quite a few big plots of land around Eunos MRT station with East West line and Circle line there.

URA has put up the signboard for the tender. And all the low rise factories will be gone very soon. I think these motore workhops are on 30 years lease, should be up soon,

Dun under estimate the potential of this area.

DaytonaSS
16-10-11, 17:31
interest in the agent or the launch....:D

Hahah the launch is interesting

Laguna
16-10-11, 20:27
MOM will be occupying that site? Do you think it is good or bad?

MOM new office is so far away from Paya Lebar
somewhere at Kallang, Whampao side

DaytonaSS
16-10-11, 20:46

Paya Lebar sounds good also. Bedok is a bigger matured estate, so i guess there could be more demand for housing there.

Personally i feel capitaland malls are more attractive in tenants mix. So comparing the 2, still need to see if PL site is 20% more expensive. If it is, then for investment purpose, the lower psf with similar rental psf would be the clear choice.

Laguna
16-10-11, 20:50
OMG, the bus interchange is within the building...
Bedok Residences is the name
and the residential carpark is at higher floor

bullman
16-10-11, 21:21
Hi guys,

I just got back and realised that my PM is full with queries on Bedok Residence. There are a few points which I like to clarify:

1) I am not an agent so do not ask me for my agent number etc.
2) I am also not related to CL, just a small timer investor.
3) I do not know how much discount will be extended to me as its still early.
4) I have bought bulk buys with AG, FEO and other smaller developers before, but not CL. I will approach them directly for bulk buy via the Project Manager. IMO, its most effective this way.

Also, please do your own homework and decide for yourself if its worthwhile to invest in this project. I cannot decide or you and will certainly not persuade you to buy in. I am going for 2 low floor track facing studios and a pool facing 4BR

kane
16-10-11, 21:34
Hi guys,

I just got back and realised that my PM is full with queries on Bedok Residence. There are a few points which I like to clarify:

4) I have bought bulk buys with AG, FEO and other smaller developers before, but not CL. I will approach them directly for bulk buy via the Project Manager. IMO, its most effective this way.

Also, please do your own homework and decide for yourself if its worthwhile to invest in this project. I cannot decide or you and will certainly not persuade you to buy in. I am going for 2 low floor track facing studios and a pool facing 4BR

you're too humble. small timer usually no position to bulk buy. those are for big boys. :cheers1:

DaytonaSS
16-10-11, 21:39
Hi guys,

Nice , wonder if response is very hot, they will entertain like bulk purchase request. i heard from project agent its going to be queue system this round.

Attribute looks good for investment, now is how high price CL going to call only.In the climate now, the psf range will be very interesting to watch.

Good luck bro, hope u get the unit u want.

shauntanzs
16-10-11, 23:51
Just watch those mrt interchange between the new lines.
Paya lebar, bishan, habourfront, B.vista etc.
And those new interchange connecting DTL..
I think they have good potential

radha08
17-10-11, 08:05
Hi guys,

OMG if you are small timer....what am i...:doh: and a lot of other bros here...:D :D :D

DC33_2008
17-10-11, 08:10
I saw MOM sign at uncompleted building near start of Bendemeer road (near Siemen Bldg). Mistaken for any ministry moving to paya lebar. I think is another ministry/agencies relocating there.

Wild Falcon
17-10-11, 10:30
Anything but circle line. Has been proven useless. So many complaints about how people actually take a LONGER time to reach their destination because it goes in such a roundabout way and transfers are a nightmare and trains are forced to wait long time at stations to ensure transfers etc.

Just watch those mrt interchange between the new lines.
Paya lebar, bishan, habourfront, B.vista etc.
And those new interchange connecting DTL..
I think they have good potential

kane
17-10-11, 10:47
Anything but circle line. Has been proven useless. So many complaints about how people actually take a LONGER time to reach their destination because it goes in such a roundabout way and transfers are a nightmare and trains are forced to wait long time at stations to ensure transfers etc.

There probably isn't enough critical mass to have the trains running 2mins ffrom each other. That's why need to wait. Some of the stations are really like quiet.

gn108
17-10-11, 10:54
Circle line doesn't really go to anywhere for work (Raffles Pl) or leisure (Orchard) and best of all doesn't even do a complete circle/loop.

But one advantage is that with a breakdown on one of the transfer-lines, you can still make your destination. Eg On friday, EWL had a lengthy delay. Those on going to far west had no choice but wait, but those on CCL route cld take a detour to Dhoby Ghaut and catch the NEL to HarbourFront and proceed onto the CCL.

This flexibility will be more evident when the DTL2 comes on-stream.
So pros and cons.

phantom_opera
17-10-11, 11:11
I bet some of the forumers here do not even use MRT, same as our MPs/Ministers. I frequently use EWL to go to Suntec via CCL, the journey from Bedok only took 20mins, it is really useful. I am sure those who invested in Waterbank will agree with me ;)

kane
17-10-11, 11:17
The circle is good for those who go to subtext, but the crowd seems to have been drawn away to orchard.

gn108
17-10-11, 11:26
Everything within the CCL will be connected with the density of stations within set to increase over the years. (DTL and TRL)
Paya Lebar (East), Bishan (North) and one North/Buona Vista (West) all set to be regional nodes of development and are interchange stations.

devilplate
17-10-11, 11:29
I bet some of the forumers here do not even use MRT, same as our MPs/Ministers. I frequently use EWL to go to Suntec via CCL, the journey from Bedok only took 20mins, it is really useful. I am sure those who invested in Waterbank will agree with me ;)

:) ;) :D :D :D :cheers6:

now from the east to Nex/bishan also vy easy liao:D

kane
17-10-11, 11:30
They need more commercial centres outside of downtown. Otherwise the human traffic will only flow one way.

devilplate
17-10-11, 11:32
CCL is not useless....it helps to connect between rcr/ocr:D provides more shopping and dining choices for heartlanders especially during the wkends:D

devilplate
17-10-11, 11:33
They need more commercial centres outside of downtown. Otherwise the human traffic will only flow one way.

yes...paya lebar is slated to become one of them....so ccl is good....it seems useless now but we must tink further and deeper:p

land118
17-10-11, 11:47
CCL is not useless....it helps to connect between rcr/ocr:D provides more shopping and dining choices for heartlanders especially during the wkends:DAgree...can't have a perfect line ...

Holland V, Nex, Bishan Jn 8, Vivo more Huat now...

DaytonaSS
17-10-11, 12:11

Thats unfair statement. Depends where u stay n where u r going.

DC33_2008
17-10-11, 13:18
First two floors of the residential block should be o.k. looking at the design.
Hi guys,

Jonathan0503
17-10-11, 13:19
Circle line doesn't really go to anywhere for work (Raffles Pl) or leisure (Orchard) and best of all doesn't even do a complete circle/loop.

But one advantage is that with a breakdown on one of the transfer-lines, you can still make your destination. Eg On friday, EWL had a lengthy delay. Those on going to far west had no choice but wait, but those on CCL route cld take a detour to Dhoby Ghaut and catch the NEL to HarbourFront and proceed onto the CCL.

This flexibility will be more evident when the DTL2 comes on-stream.
So pros and cons.

Yes, agree. An incomplete circle.

So if I need to go from Labrador park to Dakota, I have to take the Circle line, drop at Harbourfront, transfer to a North-east line, drop at Dhoby Ghaut, transfer back to the circle line to reach Dakota:doh:

phantom_opera
17-10-11, 13:50
Yes, agree. An incomplete circle.

So if I need to go from Labrador park to Dakota, I have to take the Circle line, drop at Harbourfront, transfer to a North-east line, drop at Dhoby Ghaut, transfer back to the circle line to reach Dakota:doh:

Your example is not the objectives of having CCL in the 1st place

btw, there will be a circle line extension to Sands so you can gamble away your hard-earned $ next Jan

amk
17-10-11, 14:32
Your example is not the objectives of having CCL in the 1st place

exactly.
dun understand why ppl condemning CCL for nothing. can u imagine a system where all lines stop at raffles place, i.e. a "star" system ? before CCL this is practically the case.

CCL is an auxiliary line for interconnecting and balancing the load.

Wild Falcon
17-10-11, 15:15
From a property investment perspective, it is an inefficient line- roundabout route, long dwell time because of transfers, long transfers etc. the majority of tenants will take that into consideration. For now, maybe not apparent, but as other radial lines come on board (ERL, TL, DTL), it would be obvious. BTW, I didnt even realise the circle line is not complete loop.

exactly.
dun understand why ppl condemning CCL for nothing. can u imagine a system where all lines stop at raffles place, i.e. a "star" system ? before CCL this is practically the case.

DaytonaSS
17-10-11, 15:15
exactly.

thats because sometimes pple like to take themselves as the centre of universe and see things from their prespective "only" rather than from an objective point.

To a certain extend, i do agree circle line is not the perfect line, but like the name suggest, it suppose to take load off off the existing lines from central branching out. Coupled with all the DT lines, it should and will provide a pretty comprehensive network. If Circle line also plan to go Raffles place , cityhall and orchard then defeats the purpose right?

But then, what do i know, after all. 12 years never take train liao(except rally n F1).

radha08
17-10-11, 15:45
But then, what do i know, after all. 12 years never take train liao(except rally n F1).

same same...;)

gn108
17-10-11, 16:07
(unfortunately) I take trains/bus/taxis, in addition to driving.

Of course, best is to have property along the main lines esp NSL with access to Orchard/Somerst/DG/RafflesCity/RafflesPlace.

But having a property within walking distance to any MRT station is a 'selling' point.

Also CCL is the only line where you can climb in rather than que for the next train. That counts for something.

phantom_opera
17-10-11, 16:25
THE TRUMPS JALAN KEMBANGAN Condominium 1 894k 700sqft Strata 1,278psf Sep-11

Price of this project should be at least 100-150psf more than the above project completed in 2005

Jonathan0503
17-10-11, 16:32
exactly.

Not trying to condemn. Just speaking the truth.

Won't you agree if the circle line is a complete loop, it will definitely be more convenient?

Laguna
17-10-11, 16:33

Price of this project should be at least 100-150psf more than the above project completed in 2005

I think should be much more
Euhabitat is now doing at $1400+, and Bedok Residence has a better location and mix then Trumps.

ahkongkid
17-10-11, 16:35

Love the way people are chasing up OCR properties. :doh:

gn108
17-10-11, 16:35
I reckon the loop will close after they develop the Brani site - where they can connect HBF with Brani and then to Marina Bay to close the loop.
But that will take years ...in the meantime take the transfers!

Not trying to condemn. Just speaking the truth.

Won't you agree if the circle line is a complete loop, it will definitely be more convenient?

East Lover
17-10-11, 17:04
I think should be much more
Euhabitat is now doing at $1400+, and Bedok Residence has a better location and mix then Trumps.
i'm wondering when will the music chair game over... OCR price can't just go go no end right?
1997, ppl say singapore property will nver drop, 2007 ppl said property sure go up, what will happen in 2017?? maybe by then norm price of HDB will be easily 1mil? :doh:

land118
17-10-11, 17:12
i'm wondering when will the music chair game over... OCR price can't just go go no end right?
1997, ppl say singapore property will nver drop, 2007 ppl said property sure go up, what will happen in 2017?? maybe by then norm price of HDB will be easily 1mil? :doh:Very soon, no need to wait for 2017...once Pinnacle HDB 5 years in 3 years' time, resale surely cross $1mil..:2cents:

gn108
17-10-11, 17:14
This time its different!

phantom_opera
17-10-11, 17:15
I don't think in 3y time 1 mil HDB is the norm, those who can afford 1mio price tag can't buy due to the new rule, most HDB upgraders will want to buy condo rather than move to Duxton .... 1 million Duxton price tag must also take rental yield into consideration, if annual net rental income is > 40k then justified, would any family pay 40+k per year for Duxton without facilities?

land118
17-10-11, 17:21
Pinnacle HDB flat is iconic, in 3years' time, resale for 5 room there will cross $1mil, but this will not be the norm for all HDB resale. Already HDB resale data shows:

http://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BB33RTIS/BB33SSearchWidget

Block 9 Cantonment Cl 26 to 30 floors 110.00sqm Improved 2002$814,000.00 Oct 2011

:2cents:

DC33_2008
17-10-11, 17:23
if Bishan flats can go close to 1mil, I am not surprised to see Duxton go beyond $1m in 5 years time.
Pinnacle HDB flat is iconic, 3years' time resale for 5 room will cross $1mil. Already HDB resale data shows:

9 Cantonment Cl26 to 30110.00
Improved2002$814,000.00Oct 2011

gn108
17-10-11, 17:24
I have no doubt we'll see $1m HDB and records will be set.
Just can't see that as a norm.
Unless salaries can keep up with the payments as mortgage rates normalise.

phantom_opera
17-10-11, 17:25
You must also take SIBOR into consideration, if SIBOR is below 1% and rental yield is 4% then ok, if SIBOR is 3%, not making sense ..

Also take note recently government allow income up to 12k to buy EC so now they have a better choice rather than eyeing at 800k-1mil HDB resale

East Lover
17-10-11, 17:25
if Bishan flats can go close to 1mil, I am not surprised to see Duxton go beyond $1m in 5 years time.
how much will average singaporean earn then? 30% increase as gov said?

land118
17-10-11, 17:31
if Bishan flats can go close to 1mil, I am not surprised to see Duxton go beyond $1m in 5 years time. Ya, quite certain...Pinnacle will set benchmark...unless HDB market crashed...? probably unlikely to happen and certainly over Tanjong Pagar's MP dead body...., he will never allow it to happen to his supporters and residents there...:2cents:

DC33_2008
17-10-11, 17:33
What was the difference in starting average salary of fresh graduate 10 years ago and now? Difference of $500? Look at property prices > becomes less affordable. The top 10% of top earners take home a lot more. Social gap is developeing and will continue. How to be in the game? Start owning properties early?
how much will average singaporean earn then? 30% increase as gov said?

land118
17-10-11, 17:37
What was the difference in starting average salary of fresh graduate 10 years ago and now? Difference of $500? Look at property prices > becomes less affordable. The top 10% of top earners take home a lot more. Social gap is developeing and will continue. How to be in the game? Start owning properties early?Soon, it may take 2 generations to pay off small private property in S'pore like in Tokyo, etc...if not born right, parents left u with nothing, got to curse the heaven and the earth liao..:doh:

gn108
17-10-11, 17:41
This is what scares me...
Affordability is thro' longer mortage term rather than salary increases.
And everyone's perception that stretching and owning property early is the way to go. Can't argue with how things have shaped up for the last 10 yrs, but ask those who got stuck in 1997.

Rich will get richer and the not so lucky/savvy will get stuck holding the baby when the music stops.

What was the difference in starting average salary of fresh graduate 10 years ago and now? Difference of $500? Look at property prices > becomes less affordable. The top 10% of top earners take home a lot more. Social gap is developeing and will continue. How to be in the game? Start owning properties early?

DC33_2008
17-10-11, 17:50
However, there are also retirees who just need to sell off one of their properties and get a few million cash to retire. This may be the way to go in the long run. Look at Hong Kong. They are even worst off than Singaporean with at least HDB flats.
This is what scares me...
Affordability is thro' longer mortage term rather than salary increases.
And everyone's perception that stretching and owning property early is the way to go. Can't argue with how things have shaped up for the last 10 yrs, but ask those who got stuck in 1997.

Rich will get richer and the not so lucky/savvy will get stuck holding the baby when the music stops.

devilplate
17-10-11, 18:24
1997, ppl say singapore property will nver drop, 2007 ppl said property sure go up, what will happen in 2017?? maybe by then norm price of HDB will be easily 1mil? :doh:
Wow...2017...still got 5yrs to run!

devilplate
17-10-11, 18:27
Pinnacle HDB flat is iconic, in 3years' time, resale for 5 room there will cross $1mil, but this will not be the norm for all HDB resale. Already HDB resale data shows:

http://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BB33RTIS/BB33SSearchWidget

Block 9 Cantonment Cl 26 to 30 floors 110.00sqm Improved 2002$814,000.00 Oct 2011

:2cents:
Duxton totally possible to cross 1mio for high flr 5rm

Nothing fantastic actually....yishun 5rm flat cross 700k much more exciting:D

devilplate
17-10-11, 18:29
Soon, it may take 2 generations to pay off small private property in S'pore like in Tokyo, etc...if not born right, parents left u with nothing, got to curse the heaven and the earth liao..:doh:
Our clever govt can always reduce the hdb px by releasing 60yr hdb bto flat:D

land118
17-10-11, 18:36

Nothing fantastic actually....yishun 5rm flat cross 700k much more exciting:DYa, if 5-rm Yishuan cross $700k, then those esp upgraders who bought really new launches like The Estuary and waiting for TOP, really double happiness..

rattydrama
17-10-11, 18:38
not only that, the whole island will be very happy.

land118
17-10-11, 18:44
Our clever govt can always reduce the hdb px by releasing 60yr hdb bto flat:D I won't be surprised that this might just happen especially for those BTO 3rm and 4rm flats in the near future as they try to maintain low quantum and make it affordable...for young couples. Could see a pilot project to test test how people react..

Imagine, some of resales flats in very mature estates are already 30years or olders.., what is the difference if 60years lease, but new...

Laguna
17-10-11, 20:17
I won't be surprised that this might just happen especially for those BTO 3rm and 4rm flats in the near future as they try to maintain low quantum and make it affordable...for young couples. Could see a pilot project to test test how people react..

Imagine, some of resales flats in very mature estates are already 30years or olders.., what is the difference if 60years lease, but new...

In fact, HDB has alr got the 30 years lease for the retirees...
perhaps will be like HK,50 years

kane
17-10-11, 20:39

You bet. HDB flat owners across the island will rejoice. They're kids however...

DaytonaSS
17-10-11, 20:43

not all bro. From what we have experienced, 90% damn happy. Those havnt buy or waiting to buy,damn unhappy!

land118
17-10-11, 21:45
In fact, HDB has alr got the 30 years lease for the retirees...
perhaps will be like HK,50 years
Ya, HDB has "studio apartments" for retirees..., but of late, seem rather quiet on this segment...

maisonjai
18-10-11, 00:21
Telok Blangah Towers also got chance, recently nearby 1976 5rm tx 810k.

kane
18-10-11, 08:32
Ya, HDB has "studio apartments" for retirees..., but of late, seem rather quiet on this segment...

The segment that is more in need is the 3, 4 & 5 rms. I've hardly seen oversubscription in the studio segment.