PDA

View Full Version : Suites@Newton, Freehold, Launching Soon

vtmasses
16-10-11, 11:27
Suites@Newton, D11, Freehold, within 1km to ACS(jr/pri), SJI jr, Mins to Novena & Newton MRT, Novena square, Mins drive into CBD, City Area and orchard Road.

Project Name: Suites @ Newton
Address: 1 Surrey Road Singapore 307740
Tenure : Freehold
No. of Units: 67

1 Bedroom 484 – 624 sqft
2 Bedrooms 603 – 764 sqft
2 Bedrooms PH 1302 – 1324 sqft

Facilities : Swimming Pool (4m x 17m), Pool Deck and Gym

Expected TOP: End 2016

Nearby MRT Stations :
- Novena MRT (0.46km)
- Newton MRT (0.63km)

Shopping Malls :
- United Square
- Velocity @ Novena Square
- Novena Square 2

Supermarket :
- Cold Storage @ United Square (0.23km)
- NTUC Fairprice @ Square 2 (0.52km)

Primary Schools (within 1 km):
- Anglo-Chinese Sch (pri)
- Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)
- St Joseph's Institution Junior

Why Buy Suites@Newton ?

- Freehold. Nestled among private residential area in Newton vicinity
- 19-storey height development in Modern Contemporary Architecture Design.
- Exclusively only 64 apartments and 3 penthouse
- No West facing master bedroom, living/dining.
- Prices are affordable, low quantum
- 2 lifts serve only 3 or 4 units per floor.
- No Household Shelter.
- All units area are regular, efficient layout and comes with balcony, lifestyle living.
- Every unit is a corner unit, with the windows and balconies opening it allows natural light and air to the apartment.
- Walking distance to both Newton and Novena MRT, shopping centre, supermarkets, etc.
- Close to prestigious schools
- Close to Orchard Road
- Near city yet outside ERP zone
- Close proximity to CBD Suntec City, IR, Shenton Way, Orchard Road. Easy access to PIE, KPE, TPE, CTE.

Victor Tan (CEA Reg. No. : R024827H)
9320 8348

ERA Realty Network Pte Ltd (Agency License No. : L3002382K)

www.realty-hub.com (http://www.realty-hub.com/)
[email protected]

Lovelle
16-10-11, 13:40
how much ?

ecimbew
16-10-11, 20:28
Unbelievable. This developer is so eager to sell it.

http://www.h88.com.sg/directory/condo/maison_royale/images/maison_royale_00001.JPG

http://www.h88.com.sg/directory/condo/maison_royale/images/maison_royale_00002.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uc55W9YrxQc/TISG-eVMBdI/AAAAAAAABcQ/7bLhwrYJLso/s1600/image001.jpg

Maison Royale up for en bloc sale
By Ephraim Seow | Posted: 01 September 2010 1512 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1078438/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Maison Royale, a freehold site in the Newton area that was completed in 1990, is the latest development put up for en bloc sale.

This is despite the recent cooling measures announced by the government earlier this week and the release of more government land for private residential housing.

The development located at No.1 Surrey Road is going for at least S$48 million.

This translates to about S$1,220 per square foot per plot ratio.

The site has a land area of about 14,107 square feet.

The site is designated for residential use with a plot ratio of 2.8 and an allowable height of up to 117m above mean sea level.

Currently, it has 20 apartment units with sizes of 1,249 and 1,636 sq ft.

The marketing agent, Urban Front Real Estate, said the site can be redeveloped into a 40-unit residential project with an average size of 988 sq ft per unit.

It added each owner will receive payments calculated based on their share value and strata area.

The closing date for the public tender is September 28.

-CNA/wk

dmonddd
22-10-11, 23:02
passed by the showunit. still see works on showunit

am debating with my wife. i see theefore prices will be flat or down
wife is of the view this project is a good buy.

told her that if market is hot...i wont be seeing any advertisement or publicity. Why?snapped up before launch

Jcmillineum
23-10-11, 09:04
Looks like a good buy....how much psf?:scared-2:

dmonddd
23-10-11, 09:10
Looks like a good buy....how much psf?:scared-2:
in edge..achieving <30% sales ok for developer. but achieving>50% challenging. Why?

what if developer cant achieve 50% sales to break even.

lower the price psf ..if still cant sell. delay project?
anyone been to the showunit?

Jcmillineum
23-10-11, 09:36
in edge..achieving <30% sales ok for developer. but achieving>50% challenging. Why?

what if developer cant achieve 50% sales to break even.

lower the price psf ..if still cant sell. delay project?
anyone been to the showunit?

With good location, it is possible to achieve la, in good time...Haven't been to it yet but sounds favorable to me. Is the showflat open yet?

dmonddd
25-10-11, 11:30
with mrt everywhere what do we need - thats what i asked wifey

hopeful
25-10-11, 11:35
Why Buy Suites@Newton ?
- 2 lifts serve only 3 or 4 units per floor.

Is that a good reason to buy Suites@Newton :doh:

dmonddd
25-10-11, 11:48
Is that a good reason to buy Suites@Newton :doh:may be if private lifts
most newer projects have private lifts

DC33_2008
25-10-11, 12:56
Not a bad place. :)

Wild Falcon
25-10-11, 13:12
Units are mostly MM size. Can't be buying for own stay right? If for investment, no need to debate. If wifey likes and u think otherwise, ask her to go ahead and invest on her own. Nowadays hubby and wifey invest separately, no need joint investment everywhere.

passed by the showunit. still see works on showunit

am debating with my wife. i see theefore prices will be flat or down
wife is of the view this project is a good buy.

told her that if market is hot...i wont be seeing any advertisement or publicity. Why?snapped up before launch

hopeful
25-10-11, 13:12
Not a bad place. :)

dont know much abt newton area.
just that i find it "funny" that 2 lifts serving 3 or 4 units per floor is considered a selling point / one reason to buy that place.

DC33_2008
25-10-11, 13:24
Can go next door to the hotel restuarant to eat steamboat. :)
dont know much abt newton area.
just that i find it "funny" that 2 lifts serving 3 or 4 units per floor is considered a selling point / one reason to buy that place.

dmonddd
25-10-11, 18:29
another MM project? yikes

Jcmillineum
25-10-11, 20:47
may be if private lifts
most newer projects have private lifts

eeeee, i don't want private lifts..goodness knows someday it will open by itself and no one comes out...spooky...sorry, maybe i watch too much paranormal activity:scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4:

land118
25-10-11, 20:52
eeeee, i don't want private lifts..goodness knows someday it will open by itself and no one comes out...spooky...sorry, maybe i watch too much paranormal activity:scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4:
Start of a good plot for a horror movie...:D

teddybear
25-10-11, 23:05
Got lah, because got real private lift for condo mah? Private lift is private if only you can use and no other. The so-called "Private lift" in condo is just plain stupid! I went to a friend's place and have the best "experience" about private lift: Somebody just took the lift up and I have to wait for the lift to go all the way up 36 storey, all the way down 36 storey before I can step into it (and wait for another 3x storey up)!!! I rather have 2 lifts or even 3 lifts serve 4-5 units! :beats-me-man:

dmonddd
27-10-11, 14:49
well on the other side of the coin..even 3-4 lifts serving you..same will happen. doesnt seem logical. private lift has no up button to press at your unit. some ppl really sua ku..and if some one jump in it will not stop..speed of lift must be fast... if u r waiting very long the project must be many many many years ago project

private lift is good because some private lifts would not allow any tomy dicky or beary to jump in. u need access card to press the floor. try having a kid pressing all floor buttons when you are in a hurry

same spooky feel if you are waiting at lobby of lifts when all four lifts come and no one inside.

private lift good - u know your other levels neighbours. less faces to remember

bargain hunter
15-12-11, 12:23
9 out of 67 sold at 2158psf.

Rezo
14-01-12, 04:09
Any update?

teddybear
14-01-12, 20:46
How could 3-4 lifts and you can't even get 1 lift your way and furthermore they are shared? You either are too used to private lift or you never take lift? :beats-me-man:

Private lift nobody can jump in? Wow! Early morning peak traffic somebody living on mid-floor, e.g. 5th floor, have to wait for ages for the lift because the higher floor units from 6th to 36th all got priority down and cannot stop mid-way? :scared-3::doh:

If you don't want to see neighbours, suggest you go buy GCB & live in, little chance of seeing the face of any neigbour! :p

well on the other side of the coin..even 3-4 lifts serving you..same will happen. doesnt seem logical. private lift has no up button to press at your unit. some ppl really sua ku..and if some one jump in it will not stop..speed of lift must be fast... if u r waiting very long the project must be many many many years ago project

private lift is good because some private lifts would not allow any tomy dicky or beary to jump in. u need access card to press the floor. try having a kid pressing all floor buttons when you are in a hurry

same spooky feel if you are waiting at lobby of lifts when all four lifts come and no one inside.

private lift good - u know your other levels neighbours. less faces to remember

Kenshinto80
15-01-12, 09:05
How could 3-4 lifts and you can't even get 1 lift your way and furthermore they are shared? You either are too used to private lift or you never take lift? :beats-me-man:

Private lift nobody can jump in? Wow! Early morning peak traffic somebody living on mid-floor, e.g. 5th floor, have to wait for ages for the lift because the higher floor units from 6th to 36th all got priority down and cannot stop mid-way? :scared-3::doh:

If you don't want to see neighbours, suggest you go buy GCB & live in, little chance of seeing the face of any neigbour! :p

Good point unless dmonddd is talking about 3 to 4 private lifts which is impossible.

Rosy
15-01-12, 09:46
Good point unless dmonddd is talking about 3 to 4 private lifts which is impossible.

it could also be a low rise development

bargain hunter
16-01-12, 13:08
1 more sold at 2193psf in dec. 57 out of 67 to go.

ekl2ekl2
07-02-12, 22:39
1 more sold at 2193psf in dec. 57 out of 67 to go.

Why is it that this project, with MM units, is not selling so well?

One would have thought MM units with relatively low quantum would have been snapped up easily.

dtrax
07-02-12, 23:24

One would have thought MM units with relatively low quantum would have been snapped up easily.

Not cheap leh the 56sqm units presumably 2RM MM easily 1.3mil. Even the 4xx sqft not MM enuff, close to 1mil. Parc rosewood MM 600k cheaper :)

mcmlxxvi
08-02-12, 10:06

its not about the size baby its the quantum

ekl2ekl2
08-02-12, 19:00
its not about the size baby its the quantum

It is interesting to note that majority of the similar size units at Lincoln suites, Lviv and Gilstead 2 with similar quantum have been taken up.

So possibly uncertain market condition is the main cause for the relatively poor uptake?

Adva181
03-03-12, 15:38
developer seems to have drop price. Today paper write starting from 9xx.
I tot all along starting at 10xx?:beats-me-man:

ekl2ekl2
04-03-12, 11:09
developer seems to have drop price. Today paper write starting from 9xx.
I tot all along starting at 10xx?:beats-me-man:

Needs to go showroom to verify. But based on URA caveats last few months where $2100pfs ave prices were done, adverts today seem to suggest $1800 plus pfs for 600 sqft, so it appears they have dropped their prices.

DC33_2008
04-03-12, 13:40
Pls let us know if this is true.
Needs to go showroom to verify. But based on URA caveats last few months where $2100pfs ave prices were done, adverts today seem to suggest $1800 plus pfs for 600 sqft, so it appears they have dropped their prices.

bargain hunter
15-03-12, 13:23
1 more sold at 2063psf in feb. 54 out of 67 to go.

bargain hunter
16-04-12, 13:41
better in mar. 9 sold at 2123psf median.

still 67% unsold though.

Gregor
26-04-12, 21:40
any reason why this development is going so slowly? is the PSF too high?

hyenergix
26-04-12, 21:43

It didn't appeal to HDB upgraders... :p

howgozit
26-04-12, 22:33

I believe it is facing a quantum resistance at these high psfs. With a reduction in foreign buying, locals with shallower pockets start to look outwards to places like Bishan.... I think Bishan is reaching that point soon too.

Market self regulates.

ekl2ekl2
26-04-12, 23:15
I believe it is facing a quantum resistance at these high psfs. With a reduction in foreign buying, locals with shallower pockets start to look outwards to places like Bishan.... I think Bishan is reaching that point soon too.

Market self regulates.

Dont think quantum resistance is the main reason for this project. At bet 1-1.3m for studio/1 room, still can get around 3.5% yield. Lincoln suites hit 2700 pfs, Lviv majority were sold for > 2000pfs for quite big size 1 roomer 658sf and they went for 1.3-1.5m

Think its the reduction of foreigners bec of ABSD and more importantly the project itself. This MM/small size 2rm project sits on a very small land with limited facilities. For the same pfs, there are many choices of studios in larger FH developments such as PI, LS, Lviv etc.

Wild Falcon
28-04-12, 12:45
Can't be quantum issue because Newton Novena area got so many new launches with many small units 1-2 bedder available. Even if PSF is high, quantum is manageable. Even a project like Park Infinia with relatively larger units 2 bedder only 800+sqft.

Gregor
28-04-12, 21:39
Can't be quantum issue because Newton Novena area got so many new launches with many small units 1-2 bedder available. Even if PSF is high, quantum is manageable. Even a project like Park Infinia with relatively larger units 2 bedder only 800+sqft.

So the question is what is wrong with this development??

bargain hunter
15-06-12, 14:42
2 more sold at 1974 and 2123psf in may. 38 out of 67 to go.