PDA

View Full Version : Suites @ Bukit Timah

samuelk
23-10-11, 21:35
There is a preview by OCBC via Invitation.

Its resides next to / near the beauty world MRT.

There is a lot of MM units there and fear that this is just another black hole. The 2 bedders seems bigger at 653 Sq Ft.:tsk-tsk:

Whats the out look like as an investment seeing that its so very closed to the train station? :beats-me-man:

rattydrama
23-10-11, 23:12
where is the exact location? is the layout out?

samuelk
24-10-11, 15:22
http://www.newcondo.sg/suites-bukit-timah-new-condo

Enclose is one of the site that is providing update. Just that FH at less then 1600 am sceptical.

Snail
25-10-11, 12:02
where is the exact location?

It used to be the Shell petrol station across from the civil defense/post office along Jln Jurong Kechil.

It is a very small site, surrounded on three sides.

dmonddd
25-10-11, 12:14
one long time property investor was discussing with me the other day - on small project. he cautioned me. asked him why

one question he posed - would you stay?
such property is interim ie whilst finding ur dream home...u will 'squat'

what abt FT? he mentioned of property is long term and maintenance is key. FT wants space and compare it to their home country.
when public housing has achieved rent balance (now it's close to private rent)then u see lower demand in such project

ppl jumped in - why
like you carry few hundred bucks when shopping ...u will tend to spend..afterwards u realized it's a want not a need

interesting views

samuelk
25-10-11, 21:25
I guess the search continues......

With the recent take up rate of public and private housing against the backdrop of poor market sentient and economy, you would imagine the price correction.

I guess those developers still have tons of financial strength to put up with the units that will go unsold if the recession starts.

hl124273
26-10-11, 09:19
I went to the showflat on Saturday afternoon, and was told that the 1Bedders were sold out, and a 2 bedder corner PH sold out too. There's only 1 3bedder PH in this project, 8 units of 2bedder PH. 42 commercial shops in the project.
Location is right next to MRT.

devilplate
26-10-11, 10:03
one long time property investor was discussing with me the other day - on small project. he cautioned me. asked him why

one question he posed - would you stay?
such property is interim ie whilst finding ur dream home...u will 'squat'

what abt FT? he mentioned of property is long term and maintenance is key. FT wants space and compare it to their home country.
when public housing has achieved rent balance (now it's close to private rent)then u see lower demand in such project

ppl jumped in - why
like you carry few hundred bucks when shopping ...u will tend to spend..afterwards u realized it's a want not a need

interesting views

small format homes shall persist unless prices/rental crashed by 30%+

rental r getting out of reach these days.....many couples/singles downgrading from their 2bdr to 1bdr/mm.....for them, they only rent for 1-2yrs.....and dun ask me y they dunwan to rent a 3rm flat........i asked my tenant b4 and he gave me tat 'look' whahahahaha

devilplate
26-10-11, 10:05
I went to the showflat on Saturday afternoon, and was told that the 1Bedders were sold out, and a 2 bedder corner PH sold out too. There's only 1 3bedder PH in this project, 8 units of 2bedder PH. 42 commercial shops in the project.
Location is right next to MRT.

wats the price?

is the 42 shops sold?

jencrs
26-10-11, 12:28
wats the price?

is the 42 shops sold?

Apparently, Shops-#01-03 to #01-14 are reserved by the Developer.

samuelk
26-10-11, 14:37
small format homes shall persist unless prices/rental crashed by 30%+

rental r getting out of reach these days.....many couples/singles downgrading from their 2bdr to 1bdr/mm.....for them, they only rent for 1-2yrs.....and dun ask me y they dunwan to rent a 3rm flat........i asked my tenant b4 and he gave me tat 'look' whahahahaha

I notice that the two block surrounding the suites is very old. If it not develop, the new building would look out of place.

the room size is not big but looks typical of MM units. I would think that a usual HDB buyer would find that a turn off and a downgrade as a usual hdb flat seem larger.

strange that there is no furniture rebate or discount or are they testing the market .

I have not seen ads in the paper for this so I guess it is still very early .

hl124273
26-10-11, 23:57
I notice that the two block surrounding the suites is very old. If it not develop, the new building would look out of place.

the room size is not big but looks typical of MM units. I would think that a usual HDB buyer would find that a turn off and a downgrade as a usual hdb flat seem larger.

strange that there is no furniture rebate or discount or are they testing the market .

I have not seen ads in the paper for this so I guess it is still very early .

There is an ad on Sat's papers (under district 21) I remembered.
Yes, the buildings behind and beside it are very old, high chance of enbloc, and note that there is no view to speak of given that there are buildings behind and the ones facing the main road faces the HDB flat and a glimpse of the temple behind the HDB flats.

hl124273
26-10-11, 23:58
wats the price?

is the 42 shops sold?

Not sure about price of the shops, but I wonder how they are able to squeeze 42 shops in the first floor of that project , and not forgetting the pool (not rooft top pool according to agent so should be first floor ?) ..

whoh757
28-10-11, 13:17
Not sure about price of the shops, but I wonder how they are able to squeeze 42 shops in the first floor of that project , and not forgetting the pool (not rooft top pool according to agent so should be first floor ?) ..

have seen the showflat. overall site is very small. front units still ok, but back units will be like-what 5m-8m to the next block. Air-con duets are at the back too. 1600 psf. recalled less car park lots, then units again.

1st floor are commercial, cut-up, and going at 5000 psf.. as understood.! :scared-4:

hl124273
28-10-11, 14:03
have seen the showflat. overall site is very small. front units still ok, but back units will be like-what 5m-8m to the next block. Air-con duets are at the back too. 1600 psf. recalled less car park lots, then units again.

1st floor are commercial, cut-up, and going at 5000 psf.. as understood.! :scared-4:

Front units face the main block - dust and noise. Back units are certainly very close to the next building.

samuelk
28-10-11, 21:20
looks like a loose loose situation.

Any idea what kind of discount the developer is providing to move these units?

hl124273
28-10-11, 23:04
looks like a loose loose situation.

Any idea what kind of discount the developer is providing to move these units?

Not aware of any discounts when I went to view last weekend. Apparently I was told that the 1 bedders are sold out ? Guess that should be a mix of front and back facing. The corner 2 bedder Penthouse was sold out fast too (there were 8 2 bedder PHs) as it was probably sold on the first day it was launched. psf for the small units are 16xx psf, close to nottinghill suites prices.

samuelk
29-10-11, 09:06
I guess those that purchase the one bedders are in for the long haul as the prices and rental has come down for the one bedder in the ST today.

I may be myopic but how do you actually live in a small space and where do you dry your laundry ?

I hope its not going to be commando and hanging in the balcony area. :tsk-tsk:

hl124273
29-10-11, 21:27
I guess those that purchase the one bedders are in for the long haul as the prices and rental has come down for the one bedder in the ST today.

I may be myopic but how do you actually live in a small space and where do you dry your laundry ?

The project won't be completed so soon, so with the beauty world MRT up along with the completion of the project, maybe rental price will adjust accordingly.

samuelk
30-10-11, 08:01
is It really true that once there is a train station near the place, the price riase by 20% to 40 % or is this just a myth by the agent trying to unload the place. They did tell me that its an advantage and " may" but nothing is firm like everything else when I probe further

hl124273
30-10-11, 22:20
is It really true that once there is a train station near the place, the price riase by 20% to 40 % or is this just a myth by the agent trying to unload the place. They did tell me that its an advantage and " may" but nothing is firm like everything else when I probe further

In the past, FH properties near to MRT (within walking distance) are not that common (other than Orchard MRT, Tiong Bahru, Novena, Newton), but given the circle line and DTL, there are now more FH properties that are within walking distance close to MRTs. Also, quite a number of the MRT stations are located in heartland area and there are hardly any FH in heartland sub-urbs that are close to MRT. Hence, I would think that a FH close to MRT will prob come with a higher price tag ? From a rental's perspective, as long as its close to MRT and amenities, FH or 99 year does not matter. Will you want to rent a bigger unit at Sherwood Tower/High Oaks or a small unit at Suites@BT, assuming the price difference is small? Take a look at further down Toh Tuck - Park Natura condo - many are up for rent and these big units are bought at around $900 psf, close to BT reserve park , and no other amenities nearby unless you drive, or willing to take a 15 mins stroll to Beauty World MRT? Look at the Beverly project in Toh Tuck area, pretty deep in, 2 bus stops turning from the Toh Tuck main road, and still not sold out yet, price hasn't moved alot too over the last 2.5 years. Given that it was far from MRT (though it was advertised to be near the MRT, 2 bus stops to get to the Toh Tuck main road where High Oaks is located, and then walk a distance from there), I believe that's the main reason why the project isn't doing well despite the much lower PSF price( the showflat was lovely by the way). Compare this to Terrene project in which the psf was about 40% higher and was sold out very fast!

Also, the other thing I was thinking about was that usually with the presence of MRTs, there tend to be more commercial sites/ shops around or close to MRT coming up? For Suites@BT, there are 42 commercial shops for sale.

hyenergix
30-10-11, 22:30
It was <50% sold when I visited the showflat last week. > $1600 psf. Min level to get is 3rd, as double deckers passengers can look directly into the 2nd level units. Plus the noise and dust during bus decelerating and accelerating. It has a underground tiny 'swimming pool' and other tiny 'facilities'. The road outside is always jammed, even during weekend. Very tiny shops below too. Hmm... :scared-5:

hl124273
30-10-11, 22:35
It was <50% sold when I visited the showflat last week. > $1600 psf. Min level to get is 3rd, as double deckers passengers can look directly into the 2nd level units. Plus the noise and dust during bus decelerating and accelerating. It has a underground tiny 'swimming pool' and other tiny 'facilities'. The road outside is always jammed, even during weekend. Very tiny shops below too. Hmm... :scared-5:

The ones that moved really fast are the one bedders I was told. Anyway its only a week only since they started launching.

Initially (prior to the launch( I thought the showflat location was the actual site as I passed by that location almost everyday and they were in the midst of setting up the showflat .. well, its not. If it is, then it's should be a better buy compared to the site at jurong kechil.

DC33_2008
31-10-11, 09:19
Which will you buy? Suites @ Newton or this oneif the price is similar?

DC33_2008
31-10-11, 09:38
Reduce noise pollution from buses

Letter from Kelvin Sim (Today) 31 OCt 2011

THERE have been concerns recently about
noise pollution caused by Mass Rapid Transit
trains. I would like to raise concerns about
noise pollution caused by public buses.
I live in a Housing and Development
Board flat that is beside a road, and there
are two bus stops facing my block. The buses
are very noisy when they drive by, especially
when the bus drivers rev the engines.
The noise is most unbearable late at
night and early in the morning because it
affects our sleep. Is it possible to reduce
the noise pollution of public buses, for
example, by installing mufflers?
I would be grateful if the SMRT Corporation
and SBS Transit could take a leaf
from the Metropolitan Transit Authority
of New York City, which announced last
year such an initiative to reduce noise
levels of buses.

mcmlxxvi
31-10-11, 13:17

Got money to buy condo should have another $500 to buy decent dryer ba?

hl124273
31-10-11, 15:50

How much psf is suites at newton?

DC33_2008
31-10-11, 16:01
Should be about $2100psf.
How much psf is suites at newton?

devilplate
31-10-11, 16:18
The word newton oredi worth 2kpsf....hehehe

hyenergix
31-10-11, 17:38

This one. There will b future developments in e west. MRT will bring e next wave of growth. Newton is saturated.

samuelk
31-10-11, 17:53
when you lease to people some very ngiow n environmental friendly. So they will ask.

dtrax
31-10-11, 17:56
if anyone of you guys are keen, I can check with my friend if there are any special rates for bulk purchases since he is the project IC for suites@newton

hl124273
31-10-11, 18:05

Not everyone likes to use dryer . I personally prefer to fry it under the sun as dryer shrinks the clothes . But not a matter of choice if there space constraint which doesnt allow clothes to be hung dry

mygeemeel
31-10-11, 19:17
if anyone of you guys are keen, I can check with my friend if there are any special rates for bulk purchases since he is the project IC for suites@newton

What can your friend help to get? I believe project IC meant construction related?

Actually project IC cannot receive favors right?

dtrax
31-10-11, 19:34
What can your friend help to get? I believe project IC meant construction related?

Actually project IC cannot receive favors right?

ERA project in-charge, probably better discount if purchasing in bulk? I wun promise anything nor do I advise that this is a gd buy either. But juz in case anyone wish to purchase, no harm checking with my frend if can get better deal

samuelk
05-11-11, 21:28
Looks like the units have move fast dispite the firm no discount response for suites @ bukit Timah, what would be an acceptable PSF ?

hl124273
08-11-11, 23:17
Looks like the units have move fast dispite the firm no discount response for suites @ bukit Timah, what would be an acceptable PSF ?

One way to gauge is to compare it to a nearby project. Its psf is similar to suites de laurel I think, and I find suites de laurel a better location compared to Suites@BT , still within walking distance though its not situated right next to the MRT, 400m away, and better facing (assuming its back facing the landed properties or unblocked view).

jencrs
09-11-11, 07:10
One way to gauge is to compare it to a nearby project. Its psf is similar to suites de laurel I think, and I find suites de laurel a better location compared to Suites@BT , still within walking distance though its not situated right next to the MRT, 400m away, and better facing (assuming its back facing the landed properties or unblocked view).
It's closer to 600+m actual walking dist i believe. Btw, since no one's mentioned it, suites@bt has about 6 less parking spaces as there are units, 20 of which are mechanical lots. Ceiling ht is 2.4-2.6m for all units.

hyenergix
09-11-11, 07:25
It's closer to 600+m actual walking dist i believe. Btw, since no one's mentioned it, suites@bt has about 6 less parking spaces as there are units, 20 of which are mechanical lots. Ceiling ht is 2.4-2.6m for all units.

Developer is really squeezing buyers.

dtrax
09-11-11, 11:25
Developer is really squeezing buyers.

2 words: Cai Tao

mcmlxxvi
09-11-11, 13:50
when you lease to people some very ngiow n environmental friendly. So they will ask.

ok.... i very green.... use hand wash keke

hl124273
09-11-11, 17:14
Developer is really squeezing buyers.a
Anyone knows how many units sold so far

samuelk
10-11-11, 19:02
ok.... i very green.... use hand wash keke
Question was where to dry. Not how to wash. Short of using microwave to dry, there is no thought to drying.

Worst part of the place is it is right in front of the road . Those front facing unit is not provided with double glaze glass for sound insulation. But still better off then de laren as the flyover is noisy, Fengshui wise cannot command as I am no expert.

hyenergix
10-11-11, 19:53
Anyone knows how many units sold so far

No idea. Those moving should be 1 bedders facing the road.

mcmlxxvi
10-11-11, 20:54
Question was where to dry. Not how to wash. Short of using microwave to dry, there is no thought to drying.

Worst part of the place is it is right in front of the road . Those front facing unit is not provided with double glaze glass for sound insulation. But still better off then de laren as the flyover is noisy, Fengshui wise cannot command as I am no expert.

Make those extendable rack from wall or ceiling in area where can leave windows open when u not around....

hl124273
11-11-11, 19:53

When I visited the showflat, I think the small balcony has an area for you to dry. I am assuming that this is for a single pax to stay and there isn't a whole pile/heap of laundry to be dried. Or dry indoor by hanging the poles at kitchen ceiling?

august
11-11-11, 22:21
Apparently, Shops-#01-03 to #01-14 are reserved by the Developer.

#01-01, 02, 04, 05, 14 bought by own people liao.
disclosed in SGX announcements.

bargain hunter
11-11-11, 23:46
yup. here it is, with prices disclosed:

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_3125757FF9CE132048257945004D5186/$file/Announcement_Sale_of_Property_Units_JJK.pdf?openelement

#01-01, 02, 04, 05, 14 bought by own people liao.
disclosed in SGX announcements.

newbie11
12-11-11, 15:32
What's the sizes

eminor82
12-11-11, 19:21
wow how can they sell at 370k for a unit to their relatives? obviously they mark down the prices for their own people. if they open these prices to the public, it will be grab up like pancakes^^

yup. here it is, with prices disclosed:

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_3125757FF9CE132048257945004D5186/$file/Announcement_Sale_of_Property_Units_JJK.pdf?openelement

samuelk
12-11-11, 23:06
wow how can they sell at 370k for a unit to their relatives? obviously they mark down the prices for their own people. if they open these prices to the public, it will be grab up like pancakes^^

err.. stil have the 370K ones if u want. A\FH some more.

:D

Those are shop houses. :scared-5:

hyenergix
13-11-11, 06:31

The shops are small, so the price is about there. What is disturbing is the best front facing shops are all insider sales. No point getting shops deeper in the ground floor mall bcoz I doubt there will be casual shoppers.

devilplate
13-11-11, 08:19
The shops are small, so the price is about there. What is disturbing is the best front facing shops are all insider sales. No point getting shops deeper in the ground floor mall bcoz I doubt there will be casual shoppers.

bopian la....just like bulk purchasers usually got priority over individual unit buyers

as long they dun hf deep discount i m fine lor.....

august
13-11-11, 10:14
yup those are shop spaces.
quite naturally even they themselves see more potential in the shops than their own residential units lol.

rattydrama
13-11-11, 10:36
opposite this site is Toh Yi Drive where the HDB flats are located. this plot is by the busy road.:tsk-tsk:. I think near the surrounding there are still options available.

doubt expats will rent more like students.

will give this a miss @ 1700psf.

rattydrama
13-11-11, 10:38
btw, saw Fragrance hoarding up the site in Woodlands. Should be on sale in the next couple of months.

mcmlxxvi
13-11-11, 10:49
Price definitely prohibitive.

However like to comment on two observed improvements in their layout:

1. Double entry to toilet now
2. Ac ledge significantly reduced in size

http://i2.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/7/4/3/c/743cb815412447_1_V550.jpg

rattydrama
13-11-11, 11:10
floor area is just too small. I would prefer a squarish layout with just 3xx-4xx sq ft layout. my min. would be around 500 sqft.

samuelk
13-11-11, 12:30
looking at the aircon ledge , is it possible to do a retractable clothing rack to dry clothes. Will the mgmt committee ask to take it down ?

still in two thoughts of getting a unit as it is now 60% sold the last I check. All front facing seems to be moving fast.

samuelk
16-11-11, 19:11
bopian la....just like bulk purchasers usually got priority over individual unit buyers

as long they dun hf deep discount i m fine lor.....
heard those units at chun tin also have interesting prices .but not sure if its freehold . Guess this is -2008 all over again. Wonder based on 2008 track record , when is a good time to go in . Sales volume are still rather rhealthy.

most have not heard of the dreaded mr b doomsday msg but have hope that it will be a heavy passing shower and not end of the world situation.

Eastboy
19-11-11, 09:37
are the prices good?

samuelk
19-11-11, 15:19
are the prices good?
There is one inter tarrace going for 1.6 but it is smack right in front of the temple.

Neither cheap nor expensive but seems decent prices.

hl124273
19-11-11, 21:50
There is one inter tarrace going for 1.6 but it is smack right in front of the temple.

Neither cheap nor expensive but seems decent prices.

That is a 99 yr right ?

Eastboy
19-11-11, 22:01
That is a 99 yr right ?

nope, freehold.

hl124273
19-11-11, 22:11
nope, freehold.

Then its quite cheap actually for a FH! .. well infront of the template ... hmm .. so its quite near meadow lodge I suppose. where did u see the ad for this 1.6 mil landed ?

samuelk
20-11-11, 09:15
Then its quite cheap actually for a FH! .. well infront of the template ... hmm .. so its quite near meadow lodge I suppose. where did u see the ad for this 1.6 mil landed ?
one of the agent pass me this info. But after my wife disapproval, I did not persue further

hl124273
20-11-11, 22:40
one of the agent pass me this info. But after my wife disapproval, I did not persue further

Cos its near the temple ? Doubt the temple will move. its for the same reason why some people change their minds about buying meadow lodge cos some units are able to see the temple

Eastboy
20-11-11, 22:54
Cos its near the temple ? Doubt the temple will move. its for the same reason why some people change their minds about buying meadow lodge cos some units are able to see the temple

Why people scared of temple?

devilplate
20-11-11, 23:01
Why people scared of temple?

u r also into fengshui rite? pan tang lor.....

for me, i bey tahan the fumes and big crowd during certain days

mcmlxxvi
20-11-11, 23:07
u r also into fengshui rite? pan tang lor.....

for me, i bey tahan the fumes and big crowd during certain days
I anomaly. Religious place of worship right next to or within 50m from my development is my lucky charm... Those always helped me made good money. Have had indian temple, church, buddhist temple, taoist temple, mosque... The more of those in the area the more the profit made.

devilplate
20-11-11, 23:32
I anomaly. Religious place of worship right next to or within 50m from my development is my lucky charm... Those always helped me made good money. Have had indian temple, church, buddhist temple, taoist temple, mosque... The more of those in the area the more the profit made.

mosque--KG, temple--DO, Indian temple--one of those little india apts

church....hmmm....duno which one....

bro...those buyers tat u profited from also sama sama as u lor hehehe

mcmlxxvi
21-11-11, 10:42
mosque--KG, temple--DO, Indian temple--one of those little india apts

church....hmmm....duno which one....

bro...those buyers tat u profited from also sama sama as u lor hehehe
Bro devil know me so well... Church+buddhist is CR, DO is taoist next door with church across the road, and Cosmo is buddhist upfront+church 30m away...

devilplate
21-11-11, 11:07
Bro devil know me so well... Church+buddhist is CR, DO is taoist next door with church across the road, and Cosmo is buddhist upfront+church 30m away...

oh ya hor cosmo....:cheers1:

mcmlxxvi
11-12-11, 15:59
Just passed by the site - right behind is another relatively tall old building blocking the whole stretch. Units facing the back will be very close staring up front at each other.

samuelk
31-12-11, 16:47
yes.. and over 70% sold when I visited the show room. Seems that discount is not forthcoming as yet.

:scared-5:

samuelk
01-09-14, 21:47
This one. There will b future developments in e west. MRT will bring e next wave of growth. Newton is saturated.

wow. Back in 2011 already so good at crystal balla....:beguiled: