PDA

View Full Version : NTUC to open fifty childcare centres in two years

Regulators
25-10-11, 11:09
The government is encouraging entrepreneurship, but the problem is they have their hand in every industry so how the heck they want others to compete? It is damn obvious why ntuc supermarkets get to occupy juicy spots in neighborhoods and do you guys think the tendering process is fair? Why pap have the main monopoly over kindergartens? Now ntuc going into childcare business so I believe they will get all the help from govt to find prime locations to set up shop, unlike fully private entities that have to slog hard to find a location.

phantom_opera
25-10-11, 11:11
brain wash must start with pre-school lol

look at the bright side, it will be more affordable when so many are open in 2y time ... but where to find so many teachers in 2y, import again?

Regulators
25-10-11, 11:17
They also say entrepreneurship should be taught since young, but they never teach that govt will use taxpayers' money to compete with private sector for business. We are in no shortage of childcare centres in singapore and govt does provide subsidy for childcare to needy parents so why their sudden interest in childcare services? They just want a monopoly of every damn thing and breathe down the neck of private enterprises. Really sucks!

hopeful
25-10-11, 11:21
at least they didnt open 50 tuition centers to compete with you right. thank heavens for these small blessings. :D

hopeful
25-10-11, 11:23
if open 50 childcare centers, does it mean more housewife can enter the workforce and results in less import of FT/FW?

phantom_opera
25-10-11, 11:23
I won't be surprised that this is directive from MOE or even the Lees .... because many childcare centers are set up by religious organizations and deviates too much from mainstream. One example I can think of is they may want to make sure you learn Chinese b4 entering primary school as well as encourage more housewives to join the workforce

DaytonaSS
25-10-11, 11:41
The government is encouraging entrepreneurship, but the problem is they have their hand in every industry so how the heck they want others to compete? It is damn obvious why ntuc supermarkets get to occupy juicy spots in neighborhoods and do you guys think the tendering process is fair? Why pap have the main monopoly over kindergartens? Now ntuc going into childcare business so I believe they will get all the help from govt to find prime locations to set up shop, unlike fully private entities that have to slog hard to find a location.

they wait for u too open more but u open too slow.....

rattydrama
25-10-11, 13:08
they welcome chinese operator? saw some franchise actually open to chinese operator wor.

Regulators
25-10-11, 13:27
They using singaporean's money to open, like that who don't know? if I can dig into public funds I open 100 in one year also no problem.
they wait for u too open more but u open too slow.....

maisonjai
25-10-11, 15:01
Got to do with new demand from "instant trees"? Tot our birth rate is low.

thomastansb
26-10-11, 00:29
Sian, must be all PRC ran centre again...