PDA

View Full Version : Master Bedrooms Advertised as Studio apartments. #$%^&*

Piglet
26-10-11, 00:48
I am super irritated by Agents or owners who advertised Master Bedrooms as Studio apartments on their listings, Just becasue they managed to include a bar fridge, A microwave and TV .:doh:

WTF??!!

I'm helping a friend look for a studio for rent and All these crappy rooms appeared on the search lisitngs , totally waste my time having to filter them out.

These kind of False advertisng by agent, can complain or not? :tongue3:

hopeful
26-10-11, 07:24
also bathroom attached. got include washing machine, dryer, stove?
if included, then it is studio :D

piglet, r u agent. why are you looking for your friend instead of an agent?

Geylang OKT
26-10-11, 07:27
It's a grey area lah.... master bedrooms with some modifications have been passed ff as studio apts way back when.... since 2004. Pearl Hill Apts is one major culprit.

ysyap
26-10-11, 07:47
Can you place a padlock at the door into the master bedroom? If can, then ok lor... :p

rattydrama
26-10-11, 08:27
How about utility bills, you pay or owner pay?

Geylang OKT
26-10-11, 08:36
How about utility bills, you pay or owner pay?

Usually included in the rent. If the LL is damn miserly, he will divide among all the other "studio" tenants.

rattydrama
26-10-11, 09:00
Usually included in the rent. If the LL is damn miserly, he will divide among all the other "studio" tenants.

master room owner can save about $100-200 a month for the inconvenience.

devilplate
26-10-11, 09:49
I am super irritated by Agents or owners who advertised Master Bedrooms as Studio apartments on their listings, Just becasue they managed to include a bar fridge, A microwave and TV .:doh:

WTF??!!

I'm helping a friend look for a studio for rent and All these crappy rooms appeared on the search lisitngs , totally waste my time having to filter them out.

These kind of False advertisng by agent, can complain or not? :tongue3:

but those crappy studios r asking for cheaper rentals isnt it.....usually the rooms r vy big of 3xxsqft.....mm size liao...hehehe

Piglet
26-10-11, 11:52
also bathroom attached. got include washing machine, dryer, stove?
if included, then it is studio :D

piglet, r u agent. why are you looking for your friend instead of an agent?

I'm not agent la! Just feel that rental tis kind of things, not necessary to engage agents. If heng heng found one direct from owner then can save money. Got standard contract template, just add name and address and go stamp can liao.

Piglet
26-10-11, 11:59
but those crappy studios r asking for cheaper rentals isnt it.....usually the rooms r vy big of 3xxsqft.....mm size liao...hehehe

regardless of the rental asking, which is indeed cheaper than a real studio, ( of course it has to be becasue its only a room!)
A master room IS a masterroom! A studio apartment should be an apartment on its own without other housemates or owner mah.

If got Private entrance MAYBE still can pull it off.

And a lot of these " STudios" are only around 200 sqft.
How can anyhow say STudio???

ysyap
26-10-11, 13:00
regardless of the rental asking, which is indeed cheaper than a real studio, ( of course it has to be becasue its only a room!)
A master room IS a masterroom! A studio apartment should be an apartment on its own without other housemates or owner mah.

If got Private entrance MAYBE still can pull it off.

And a lot of these " STudios" are only around 200 sqft.
How can anyhow say STudio???Same logic when developer print MRT station just across the road on their catalogue but when you actually walk across the road, you realise its another 5 more traffic junctions and one expressway. :doh:

ikan bilis
26-10-11, 13:04
Ummm..... got 1 question here....

next time for those "semi-real" studio apartment of a dual-key unit, do they advertise as studio apartment or....
bedroom with attached kitchen+bathroom and shared balcony...

...tenant still staying together with owner mah! same address, same meter...

:D

ysyap
26-10-11, 14:06
Ummm..... got 1 question here....

next time for those "semi-real" studio apartment of a dual-key unit, do they advertise as studio apartment or....
bedroom with attached kitchen+bathroom and shared balcony...

...tenant still staying together with owner mah! same address, same meter...

:DThe initial concept of dual key is for the very purpose of either staying with parents, etc but still maintain some privacy or to rent out and still maintain some privacy so I suppose a dual key can pass off as a studio. Just get those without shared balcony lor... ;)

ikan bilis
26-10-11, 14:32
wah-lah...

like that you also don't know how to use some flower pots, cactus plants as dividers and divide the balcony into 2 halves... create some 楚河汉界 mah... :D