PDA

View Full Version : A good way to benchmark RESALE condo market

radha08
07-11-11, 19:21
This is just my 2 :2cents: METHOD on how i personally check what kind of activity or sentiment there is in any particular development i might be interested in acquiring/viewing/buying....

Although there could be flaws and imperfections....i find it quite useful...

Just go to property guru do a search on ""ABC"" condo it will give you breakdown of HOW many units for sale/rental...so for example in a condo with TOTAL 500 units if there are less than 50 for sale/rent...then i think it would be a GOOD investment...but lets say there are 200 units in the market...oops...might be some underlying issues.....

like i said take it with a pinch of salt,.....but quite interesting the data i get....try it guys....if u got nothing better to do....:D

teddybear
07-11-11, 19:34
Quite useless actually.
For some condo estates, there is more rental activities, and there may be 1 unit advertised by 10 or more agents separately for rent & even sale (even owners' knowledge - the thinking is if they can secure a good offer, investment property owners can be lured into selling at what they deemed as a good price).

In fact, for some condos with very few advertisements for rental, there is very little rental activities, few agents will even bother to advertise or try to find buyers to co-broke, so they become lousy condos to buy as investment property for rental (most agents can't be bothered to even bring their clients to see that condo because too much efforts to even get to know the estate well and yet too little success).

This is just my 2 :2cents: METHOD on how i personally check what kind of activity or sentiment there is in any particular development i might be interested in acquiring/viewing/buying....

Just go to property guru do a search on ""ABC"" condo it will give you breakdown of HOW many units for sale/rental...so for example in a condo with TOTAL 500 units if there are less than 50 for sale/rent...then i think it would be a GOOD investment...but lets say there are 200 units in the market...oops...might be some underlying issues.....

like i said take it with a pinch of salt,.....but quite interesting the data i get....try it guys....if u got nothing better to do....:D

flagship74
07-11-11, 21:54

I think i got better to do than what u have told..tks anyway:tsk-tsk:

bargain hunter
08-11-11, 10:20
your method is alright if you are talking about matured developments. if you're comparing a 5 year old development with a completed in 2011 development, of course, 2011 development recently completed will have all the agents attacking it. :D

devilplate
08-11-11, 10:32
your method is alright if you are talking about matured developments. if you're comparing a 5 year old development with a completed in 2011 development, of course, 2011 development recently completed will have all the agents attacking it. :D

the sail still got tons of ads

devilplate
08-11-11, 10:34
the best is to get hold of most current tx.....subscribe to streetsine lor....lol

dmonddd
08-11-11, 10:39
i was chatting the other with a group of friends on property investment

many approaches or methodologies were discussed.

but one interesting topic came out - rent to determine price of property because of investment yield....u be surprised that some friends within our group never looked at this...why? they looked at what alternative investments yields out there - e.g.FD paying <1%, stocks...20%???

for example, a property with monthly rent $4k being an investor expecting 4% return would not see this property valued > $1.2m

some were debating - location la.....chances of capital appreciation blah
so many suckers out there who are willing to pay.

all depends

devilplate
08-11-11, 10:46
i was chatting the other with a group of friends on property investment

many approaches or methodologies were discussed.

but one interesting topic came out - rent to determine price of property because of investment yield....u be surprised that some friends within our group never looked at this...why? they looked at what alternative investments yields out there - e.g.FD paying <1%, stocks...20%???

for example, a property with monthly rent $4k being an investor expecting 4% return would not see this property valued > $1.2m

some were debating - location la.....chances of capital appreciation blah
so many suckers out there who are willing to pay.

all depends

bcoz u tok to a bunch of speculators and flippers:p

radha08
08-11-11, 20:21
no choice got to devise some plan/method to go back to condo living....:banghead:...now living in rented semi d...sianzzzz....counting the days to end of tenancy...:doh:

but seriously in reality i use my method in areas where i familiar like pasir ris and i sold my ex condo....i realise livia/oasis at elias....etc etc got tonnes of sellers and rental units...if not anything at least i realize that a lot who bought wanted to rent out or flip with no intention to stay...feels like a game of musical chairs when the music stops who is going to be left standing....:cool:

hyenergix
08-11-11, 20:25
no choice got to devise some plan/method to go back to condo living....:banghead:...now living in rented semi d...sianzzzz....counting the days to end of tenancy...:doh:

but seriously in reality i use my method in areas where i familiar like pasir ris and i sold my ex condo....i realise livia/oasis at elias....etc etc got tonnes of sellers and rental units...if not anything at least i realize that a lot who bought wanted to rent out or flip with no intention to stay...feels like a game of musical chairs when the music stops who is going to be left standing....:cool:

No point thinking of using your rental income to cover your rental expenditure. At the end of the day you are still helping other owners to pay their instalments :doh:

devilplate
08-11-11, 20:28

Aiya....tat time u shd buy oasis mah...still got low flr poolview at 7xxpsf....now cheap deals all gone liao and recent tx all showing 8xxpsf

Mabe hoot palette lor....900k 3bdr....but u nid to move back to ur hdb for 2yrs.....hehe.

radha08
08-11-11, 22:32
No point thinking of using your rental income to cover your rental expenditure. At the end of the day you are still helping other owners to pay their instalments :doh:

yup i realise that but i living a better quality of life...:D...anyway just a temporary transitional phase....waiting for durians to drop...but if they dont drop then have to shake the tree.....:D:D:D

radha08
08-11-11, 22:33
Aiya....tat time u shd buy oasis mah...still got low flr poolview at 7xxpsf....now cheap deals all gone liao and recent tx all showing 8xxpsf

Mabe hoot palette lor....900k 3bdr....but u nid to move back to ur hdb for 2yrs.....hehe.

today i drove by pasir ris...honestly i look at all the buildings coming up and think of the thousands more in the pipeline...i feel...giddddy....:scared-3:

hyenergix
09-11-11, 06:12
today i drove by pasir ris...honestly i look at all the buildings coming up and think of the thousands more in the pipeline...i feel...giddddy....:scared-3:

It's clearly over-supply there if one is thinking of buying for rental. I remember there are empty plots between the MRT and HDBs as well as this group of condos, so most likely there will be more residential units at better locations. I reiterate the best property investment there is a coffeeshop or shophouse, if HDB is planning for more.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_5932/travel_site_82937/

westman
09-11-11, 06:40

Tot I read somewhere that u mentioned you felt heavenly after moving into your rented landed? Why making a U turn?:confused:

kane
09-11-11, 07:52
Tot I read somewhere that u mentioned you felt heavenly after moving into your rented landed? Why making a U turn?:confused:

Warm and humid without the aircon on all the time?

radha08
09-11-11, 10:28

hmm unfortunately i am RENTING...and i cannot go on RENTING forever...1 year 2 years then its back to REALITY...i.e condo/hdb...so while enjoying and loving every MOMENT in my RENTED landed property i thinking of REALITY...:cheers1:

radha08
09-11-11, 10:29
Warm and humid without the aircon on all the time?

funnily the human body learns to adapt i used to feel that way when i first moved in...but now its not an issue....:D

devilplate
09-11-11, 11:01
hmm unfortunately i am RENTING...and i cannot go on RENTING forever...1 year 2 years then its back to REALITY...i.e condo/hdb...so while enjoying and loving every MOMENT in my RENTED landed property i thinking of REALITY...:cheers1:

landed px basically drop 50% within 3yrs time....be patient hehehe

dtrax
09-11-11, 11:06
It's clearly over-supply there if one is thinking of buying for rental. I remember there are empty plots between the MRT and HDBs as well as this group of condos, so most likely there will be more residential units at better locations. I reiterate the best property investment there is a coffeeshop or shophouse, if HDB is planning for more.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_5932/travel_site_82937/

Those buying into mass-market for capital appreciation, this link might be useful:
http://www.singstat.gov.sg/pubn/papers/people/ssnsep09-pg8-12.pdf

clemdale
09-11-11, 18:51
Radha I thought u bought the semi-d? hmm haha

radha08
09-11-11, 20:58
Radha I thought u bought the semi-d? hmm haha

ha ha must strike toto first prize 2x...then can consider buying....:D