PDA

View Full Version : Any bro tenancy got cancelled cos he ask for higher rental...

radha08
10-11-11, 19:08
I just email my tenant asking for slight rise about 10% in monthly rental cos TA going to expire...so far NO reply...:rolleyes:

based on mkt price it still about 10% less than mkt rental...but i dunno if i did the right thing...sekali he say dont want to renew...siao liao...:doh:

anyway our relationship been good so i hoping for the best...:)

any bro been in this kinda situation??

zzz1
10-11-11, 19:30
I just email my tenant asking for slight rise about 10% in monthly rental cos TA going to expire...so far NO reply...:rolleyes:

based on mkt price it still about 10% less than mkt rental...but i dunno if i did the right thing...sekali he say dont want to renew...siao liao...:doh:

There nothing wrong ,, it just a matter of neg. And both parties agree , deal close , if otherwise, get new tenant... It just a commercial decision ..

chiaberry
10-11-11, 19:34
I just renewed my tenancy at 26% above the previous. I think the rents currently are at a higher level than 2 years ago. Your tenant is probably looking around to check the market rent. And if it's a FT probably checking with his company that they wish him to stay for another 2 years.

hyenergix
10-11-11, 20:10

Your situation is quite delicate. Bcoz you are partially living off his rental. What if he doesn't renew and it becomes difficult to secure tenant? :eek:

radha08
10-11-11, 22:22
Your situation is quite delicate. Bcoz you are partially living off his rental. What if he doesn't renew and it becomes difficult to secure tenant? :eek:

4rm hdb in bedok...i think shouldnt be a prob thats why i dare to ask:D

CCR
10-11-11, 22:28
Usually they will come back to you to counter offer you, u less they already made up their mind to move, in that case, even if you don't raise he will also go.... You can easily get a new tenant if indeed your rent is still below market rate...

blackjack21trader
10-11-11, 23:37

dear brother radha08, first of all, it is not necessary to email your tenant to state your intention to increase the rental.

** you should instead ask them if they want to renew the contract OR even better, just remind them that their tenancy is expiring soon and if they wanna extend it.

ONLY and ONLY when they tell you their intention to continue the tenancy, then should u inform them of your intention to increase the rental.

And How so ?

Because if you tell them too early of your intention, they will have a choice to look for another alternative. Or, they can simply pretend to have lost your email.

Also, once IF they replied to (* *) ABOVE, it will be very odd for them not to continue the communication with you on the tenancy matters. In this case, you can negotiate for whatever figure you want and let them bargain it with you lor..heheheheh

Good Luck :)

神龙股侠。

devilplate
10-11-11, 23:51
For me, i prefer to wait and do nothing.....if they r keen to renew, they will usually ask u at least 1mth beforehand....

If nvr tell me anything, i jus set a time to do handing taking over

radha08
11-11-11, 06:14
tks guys my tenant replied he said we should meet to discuss matters....:D wish me luck....:D

actually another option for me if he dont renew is to throw in maybe 20 to 30k and do a complete reno of my unit that has been rented out for past 5 years and after doing that i would probably get a much higher rental about 20 to 30% more but i would probably loose 2 mths rental due to the reno period anyway see what he says...:cool:

teddybear
11-11-11, 08:49
How much you are renting out now? Heard HDB rental very good now. ;)
Got friend rent out HDB 3rm for $2k pm! :scared-3:

tks guys my tenant replied he said we should meet to discuss matters....:D wish me luck....:D

actually another option for me if he dont renew is to throw in maybe 20 to 30k and do a complete reno of my unit that has been rented out for past 5 years and after doing that i would probably get a much higher rental about 20 to 30% more but i would probably loose 2 mths rental due to the reno period anyway see what he says...:cool:

Lovelle
11-11-11, 08:53
no need to be to desperate. Just wait for them to call you but set a reasonable cutoff time , in case you need to market your unit again.

i don't think u have a problem to find a new tenant

TKT
11-11-11, 08:55
I just renewed my tenancy at 26% above the previous. I think the rents currently are at a higher level than 2 years ago. Your tenant is probably looking around to check the market rent. And if it's a FT probably checking with his company that they wish him to stay for another 2 years.

Bro, you the can!
I just rented out mine for next 2yrs at 3% higher rate than it was previously...

How you got 26%?... that's amazing!
Any tips to bear in mind for future?
Thanks.

mcmlxxvi
11-11-11, 09:52
For me, i prefer to wait and do nothing.....if they r keen to renew, they will usually ask u at least 1mth beforehand....

If nvr tell me anything, i jus set a time to do handing taking over

Yep. Always play it cool...

DC33_2008
11-11-11, 10:06
2 recent renewals got at least 25% increase. Good locations have an edge. Does not really need to negotiate.
Bro, you the can!
I just rented out mine for next 2yrs at 3% higher rate than it was previously...

How you got 26%?... that's amazing!
Any tips to bear in mind for future?
Thanks.

devilplate
11-11-11, 11:00
3rm flat can hit 2.5k in prime area

devilplate
11-11-11, 11:02

wah spend so much and den rent out! No no! Just spend basic reno less den 10k will do the trick liao!

Only ccr condo worth spending more on reno to catch big fish

Jonathan0503
11-11-11, 15:40
wah spend so much and den rent out! No no! Just spend basic reno less den 10k will do the trick liao!

Only ccr condo worth spending more on reno to catch big fish

Any advice what can be done in ccr condo to catch big fish? Hehe

devilplate
11-11-11, 15:50
Depending how prime and big the fish u wana catch lor....

How much to pour into reno is a function of the target rental quantum

I buy different grade of furnitures, lightings and curtains for different ppty

DC33_2008
11-11-11, 16:25
Some tenants even buy quality things & leave them behind.

buttercarp
11-11-11, 17:37

My friend rent out his old Jurong West 3 room HDB flat above a shop house for 1.8K!:scared-4:

radha08
11-11-11, 23:32

2.2k looking to increase to 2.4k...tenant been good no issues or headaches...with no delay in payment so i am happy and he is happy...but i am also a tenant paying my landlord 3k plus for rental of a house so looking to reduce the difference...in rental i collect and rental i pay....:D

devilplate
11-11-11, 23:34
2.2k looking to increase to 2.4k...tenant been good no issues or headaches...with no delay in payment so i am happy and he is happy...but i am also a tenant paying my landlord 3k plus for rental of a house so looking to reduce the difference...in rental i collect and rental i pay....:D
harlow....u stay in landed and he stay in ur old 4rm hdb hor.....hahhaa

radha08
11-11-11, 23:57
harlow....u stay in landed and he stay in ur old 4rm hdb hor.....hahhaa

bro times are bad can squeeze just squeeze...he he i told my tenant i stay landed pay $5k rental make him scared a bit....sometime got to lie....:D

buttercarp
12-11-11, 09:41
bro times are bad can squeeze just squeeze...he he i told my tenant i stay landed pay $5k rental make him scared a bit....sometime got to lie....:D

Ya....white lie .....
Radha08, actually you really got a good deal for your frankel house rental.
How did you get it at such a low price?
If I were your HDB tenant, I would also believe that you are paying 5k for the rental.
Frankel house, 4000 sq ft....3.5K, right?
Just curious...... is it a very old, dilapidated house?

howgozit
12-11-11, 20:14

Ya....white lie .....
Radha08, actually you really got a good deal for your frankel house rental.
How did you get it at such a low price?
If I were your HDB tenant, I would also believe that you are paying 5k for the rental.
Frankel house, 4000 sq ft....3.5K, right?

A "white lie" is a benign lie of tact so as not to hurt somebody else's feelings.

If you tell your tenant he is not fat when he is, that is a white lie.

If you tell your tenant that you are paying $5k rental when you are only paying $3k as justification to increase his rental is not a white lie, it is a downright lie.

buttercarp
12-11-11, 20:42
A "white lie" is a benign lie of tact so as not to hurt somebody else's feelings.

If you tell your tenant he is not fat when he is, that is a white lie.

If you tell your tenant that you are paying $5k rental when you are only paying $3k as justification to increase his rental is not a white lie, it is a downright lie.

Hahahaha......
White lies are harmless lies told to avoid distress and embarrassment.
So in this case, radha08 lied to his tenant to make his tenant feel better about the increase in his rental.
No harm done to his tenant, so it is a white lie.

howgozit
12-11-11, 21:05
Hahahaha......
White lies are harmless lies told to avoid distress and embarrassment.
So in this case, radha08 lied to his tenant to make his tenant feel better about the increase in his rental.
No harm done to his tenant, so it is a white lie.

Hmmm.... buttercarp, good rebuttal, you continue to amaze me.

Ever considered a career in litigation? or are you already in the legal profession?

buttercarp
12-11-11, 21:13
Hmmm.... buttercarp, good rebuttal, you continue to amaze me.

Ever considered a career in litigation? or are you already in the legal profession?

Just playing with words.:)
Nope, never considered law, too stressful.
I can't bear to prosecute people, even if they are in the wrong, especially if they are repentant.
"Do no harm" is my motto.

limfc
13-11-11, 12:00
I upped by 16% in august this year because really wanted to change tenant.
Coz the last contract started at below market rate.
In the end e expat tenant agreed to the hike...:beats-me-man:
Funny how things work out sometimes. ;)

kane
13-11-11, 13:24
I upped by 16% in august this year because really wanted to change tenant.
Coz the last contract started at below market rate.
In the end e expat tenant agreed to the hike...:beats-me-man:
Funny how things work out sometimes. ;)

the tenant probably didn't want the hassle of moving out.