PDA

View Full Version : Is FEO controlling prices in Katong?

Leeds
18-11-11, 12:07
The Shore (103 yrs LH) is selling at average $1300 psf, The Cape (FH Small Units) at average $1900 psf, Silversea (99 yrs LH with sea view) at $2000 psf and The Seawind at $1500 psf. Buyers will not have much of a choice if they want to invest in a sizable development in Katong.

Capitaland bought Marine Point for $1056 psf ppr and FEO got Amberglades for $1066 psf ppr. Amber Towers were sold at $1118 psf ppr to a Chinese developer. New developments for these sites will cost at least $1800 psf.

With the holding power of FEO, even with the coming downturn and over supply issues over the next 4 years, prices in Katong is likely to be firmed.

Can FEO hold on to prices in Katong even if prices in other districts decline?

Eastboy
18-11-11, 12:09
The Shore (103 yrs LH) is selling at average $1300 psf, The Cape (FH Small Units) at average $1900 psf, Silversea (99 yrs LH with sea view) at $2000 psf and The Seawind at $1500 psf. Buyers will not have much of a choice if they want to invest in a sizable development in Katong.

Capitaland bought Marine Point for $1056 psf ppr and FEO got Amberglades for $1066 psf ppr. Amber Towers were sold at $1118 psf ppr to a Chinese developer. New developments for these sites will cost at least $1800 psf.

With the holding power of FEO, even with the coming downturn and over supply issues over the next 4 years, prices in Katong is likely to be firmed.

Can FEO hold on to prices in Katong even if prices in other districts decline?

FEO sold at these prices because they have already priced in the ERL.

iwantgizmos
18-11-11, 13:27
i can still remember how i used to frequent katong to play billiard during my younger days....
ahhhh... how time flies....

masterkey
18-11-11, 13:34
There are ready supply of apartments in Katong and Marine parade that do not demand the FEO kind of prices, if one is not restricting himself to new launches only. In fact, you can get a less than 10yo condo right next to major shopping and fronting the sea at less than $1300 psf, and probably walking distance to an ERL station. Why are people willing to pay FEO prices.... :beats-me-man:

devilplate
18-11-11, 14:19
There are ready supply of apartments in Katong and Marine parade that do not demand the FEO kind of prices, if one is not restricting himself to new launches only. In fact, you can get a less than 10yo condo right next to major shopping and fronting the sea at less than $1300 psf, and probably walking distance to an ERL station. Why are people willing to pay FEO prices.... :beats-me-man:

i always ask myself this question too whenever i put up my unit for sale....

y ppl flocking to showflats and so willingly paying for a premium for FLOUR and yet bargain till wana faint when they see my BREAD?!?! LOL

sh
18-11-11, 14:29

y ppl flocking to showflats and so willingly paying for a premium for FLOUR and yet bargain till wana faint when they see my BREAD?!?! LOL

Blame it on the valuers.... why are the sky high launch prices supported?:beats-me-man:

Will the valuers give your BREAD the same valuation?

No valuation = no loan = no deal :(

gn108
18-11-11, 14:36
People like flour coz they think its fresh and can be made into something better than bread. But it's all just bread....

radha08
18-11-11, 14:53
i can still remember how i used to frequent katong to play billiard during my younger days....

nowadays go katong can only play pocket billiards...:D

blackjack21trader
18-11-11, 15:05

errr..brother u dun happen to go to the one in the basement of Katong Mall, do you?

howgozit
18-11-11, 15:48

You mean at Teh Ban Guan?...

How about bowling at Katong Shopping Centre?

devilplate
18-11-11, 16:06
112 katong mall soft opening liao......i tink 1st hr free parking! ;)

mcmlxxvi
18-11-11, 16:24

I go Katong Shopping Centre basement Hardware House to buy.... ... software on floppy disks...

buttercarp
18-11-11, 18:40

Tay Ban Guan.... I remember my mom used to go there to buy bread and kuei kuei.
Btw, what is occupying its site now?

Laguna
18-11-11, 19:32

that building is now in bad condition
not occupied
I missed their cakes....

blackjack21trader
18-11-11, 20:44

oh yeah..how can we forget Teh Ban Guan ! Down there I think they put up some arcade machines along the alley remember ? And they also got a billiard room upstairs and nice big carpark behind. Miss the bread & cakes also la.

blackjack21trader
18-11-11, 20:45
I go Katong Shopping Centre basement Hardware House to buy.... ... software on floppy disks...

Yes ! Katong Shopping Center is still around ! Used to play my first bowling on the top floor la.

blackjack21trader
18-11-11, 20:46
Katong is the last few remaining places in Singapore still retaining its old charm. Heng ARH !

blackjack21trader
18-11-11, 20:48
You guys got go to the MAMA bookstores opp TKGS to buy 10 years series reference books for O levels before or not leh ?

blackjack21trader
18-11-11, 20:49
Yesterday at the Tanjong Katong Post Office,I saw many angmo students walking out of TKGS ( Tanjong Katong Girls School ) leh....:doh:

blackjack21trader
18-11-11, 20:50
112 katong mall soft opening liao......i tink 1st hr free parking! ;)

Thanks for the info, going to check it out :)

howgozit
18-11-11, 21:03
You guys got go to the MAMA bookstores opp TKGS to buy 10 years series reference books for O levels before or not leh ?

Books for me was at Bras Basah, ie. along the shophouses of where Rendezvous Hotel now stands, opposite SMU. I thought that would be your hangout too as a Victorian.

Sorry I digressed, the thread was supposed to be about Katong.

buttercarp
18-11-11, 21:05

Ya ya....got. TKGS,my alma mater!
blackjack21trader, you were from TK tech?

blackjack21trader
18-11-11, 21:09
Ya ya....got. TKGS,my alma mater!
blackjack21trader, you were from TK tech?

no lah,sister .. I am a Victorian ..I also hang out at howgozit's mentioned place at BBC . Katong, I went there go girl watching lor..hehehehe

buttercarp
18-11-11, 21:14
no lah,sister .. I am a Victorian ..I also hang out at howgozit's mentioned place at BBC . Katong, I went there go girl watching lor..hehehehe

Wah, Victoria school at that time quite far away from TKGS, you go all the way there..... ?:p

radha08
18-11-11, 21:21

yo bro sama sama me also victorian the old one near jalan besar stadium...:D

radha08
18-11-11, 21:25
Wah, Victoria school at that time quite far away from TKGS, you go all the way there..... ?:p
when it comes to pus#y....man wll go to end of the world...:D:D:D

radha08
18-11-11, 21:28

because its the HERD mentality have u seen those wildlife documentary on national geo...when one zebra jump into a river with crocodile all others will follow....:D:D:D....but the smart zebra look for overhead bridge...:D:D:D

blackjack21trader
19-11-11, 06:47
yo bro sama sama me also victorian the old one near jalan besar stadium...:D

Nil Sine Labore, fellow Victorian ! Me too at Jalan Besar one. You got use the fence hole that time to escape school or not leh? Hehehe en :)

radha08
19-11-11, 08:09
Nil Sine Labore, fellow Victorian ! Me too at Jalan Besar one. You got use the fence hole that time to escape school or not leh? Hehehe en :)

ha ha remember those were the good old days....nil sine labore means nothing without labore....:D

now looking back i think more apporopriate motto would be nil sine properto investo.....nothing without property investment.....:D:D:D:D:D

Jonathan0503
19-11-11, 15:28
Yes ! Katong Shopping Center is still around ! Used to play my first bowling on the top floor la.

Me use to bowl there quite frequently too. Pity that it's closed now.

Jonathan0503
19-11-11, 15:30

Yes, yes.

But the store no longer there now right?

hyenergix
19-11-11, 15:34
FEO merely holds the price for the buyers and protects their investments, its the buyers that control the prices. O'rly?!

blackjack21trader
19-11-11, 16:43
Yes, yes.

But the store no longer there now right?

Left one, but no longer selling textbooks and assessment books, only stationery lor.

blackjack21trader
19-11-11, 16:47
FEO merely holds the price for the buyers and protects their investments, its the buyers that control the prices. O'rly?!

Dun need to worry about D15 prices, it will remain strong because Big Brother is here to protect us la. Remember Gardenvista ? The only Bukit Timah project that held above the $900psf in 2008 crisis. That time, people laugh at Big Brother that his project cannot sell. Wahlaueh...look at the prices now ! Never go down since then hor.

blackjack21trader
19-11-11, 16:52

You humble brother here last time also looking at Big Brother's GreenWood lor..That time selling landed at above 900psf was unthinkable. But look at the landed prices there now ! That is why I have confident in Big Brother la. You see they always Diam Diam one...but later their projects sure 100% sold hor..

hyenergix
19-11-11, 17:01
You humble brother here last time also looking at Big Brother's GreenWood lor..That time selling landed at above 900psf was unthinkable. But look at the landed prices there now ! That is why I have confident in Big Brother la. You see they always Diam Diam one...but later their projects sure 100% sold hor..

Huh?! I tot u got special relationship n discount?

blackjack21trader
19-11-11, 17:06
Huh?! I tot u got special relationship n discount?

Huh.. I tot you are the one ? Dun act blur hor... kekekekeke..pls la nothing can escape my third eye hor... the way you commented in ur posts reveal that you are a very seasoned investor hor... many levels up the normal one la...

hyenergix
19-11-11, 17:14
Huh.. I tot you are the one ? Dun act blur hor... kekekekeke..pls la nothing can escape my third eye hor... the way you commented in ur posts reveal that you are a very seasoned investors hor... many levels up the normal one la...

O'rly?! I'm juz analyzing. No special relationship w any developer, except as a customer :p

blackjack21trader
19-11-11, 18:12
O'rly?! I'm juz analyzing. No special relationship w any developer, except as a customer :p

really meh...my third eye saw many times your Bavarian Horse parked outside the showrooms leh....kekekekekek..OK la I believe u la...joking only hor..dun anger la..

blackjack21trader
19-11-11, 18:28
It is so nice when u guys sign on my books at the showrooms with your emails la...kekekeke...my grassroots immediately open my third eye lor... next time dun leave ur email in the books at the entry hor...just ur address and contact will do la hehehehehe

blackjack21trader
19-11-11, 18:38
But I think brother hyenergix looks more handsome in a Masadee leh...I recommend CLS250 to you, very nice horse la. Wow....my third eye saw many CEOs in this forum leh... better hope they not affected by forumer basic scare of the century la..hehehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va8RFux4kGY

Jonathan0503
19-11-11, 18:48
Left one, but no longer selling textbooks and assessment books, only stationery lor.

Oh. I stay nearby but din really take note, haha

blackjack21trader
19-11-11, 18:52

brother Jonathan got try the Katong Laksa before not leh? or u din notice they are still there today WAHAHAHAHAHAAH

blackjack21trader
19-11-11, 18:54

Brother Jonathan, my advice is you drive around Siglap (Plain ) or Opera Estate...the deep inside ones..you will see many enblocs there la..including the old landed ones hor....very soon I think they will be zeroing down to your homes liao with the help of basic's scare of the century ..WHAHAHAHAAH

blackjack21trader
19-11-11, 18:58
Let your humble brother tell you la...many Rich Chinese from Mainland had already taken roots in D15 since 2007. Dun believe just go Parkway Parade and see for yourself. You think these people will let the price drop without a fight meh ?:doh:

hyenergix
19-11-11, 19:16
But I think brother hyenergix looks more handsome in a Masadee leh...I recommend CLS250 to you, very nice horse la. Wow....my third eye saw many CEOs in this forum leh... better hope they not affected by forumer basic scare of the century la..hehehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va8RFux4kGY

Haha. I wish. Car is a depreciating item, I wld rather drive a normal cheap car.

Jonathan0503
19-11-11, 22:02
brother Jonathan got try the Katong Laksa before not leh? or u din notice they are still there today WAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Oh eateries around katong I very familiar. And of course I know katong laksa lah

blackjack21trader
20-11-11, 22:14
Haha. I wish. Car is a depreciating item, I wld rather drive a normal cheap car.

so... bmw is a normal car to you lor...kekekekek