PDA

View Full Version : 19/11/11 Condo Buffet

Eastboy
19-11-11, 09:20
Check out today's ST (19/11/11, Sat). Every other page is a big condo ad! Either it is the festive mood, or that developers are desperate!!! :D :D :D

Jonathan0503
19-11-11, 11:32
Check out today's ST (19/11/11, Sat). Every other page is a big condo ad! Either it is the festive mood, or that developers are desperate!!! :D :D :D

Yah, noticed it too

DC33_2008
19-11-11, 12:07
I thought it was like this on most Saturdays' ST. People are going on family holidays. Let us see the Bedok Residences' sales next week. Should be the star perfomer for this month.

jwong71
19-11-11, 12:07

developers must know smthing that we dont know!
sound familiar? :D

dmonddd
19-11-11, 12:11
Who knows the Property market better than developers
Ppl just visit for buffet or buying?
Great if someone can report live from showroom in this forum

DC33_2008
19-11-11, 12:12
It is quite obvious now. Written all over the various media: web, tv, etc.

ysyap
19-11-11, 12:24
Whatever developers know, we also know coz its so transparent now. Its just whether we pay attention to what we know or care to interpret what we know... Then again I remembered some months back, there was a discussion on this forum about certain developer always seem to be 1 step ahead, like the introduction of the CM which caught everyone by surprise! Hmmm... :rolleyes:

radha08
19-11-11, 12:38
I thought it was like this on most Saturdays' ST. People are going on family holidays. Let us see the Bedok Residences' sales next week. Should be the star perfomer for this month.

inside news bedok residense will be SOLD OUT...:D

radha08
19-11-11, 12:39
make hay while the sun shines sell to ft...filipino/cina/indians got plenty money...:D

dmon
19-11-11, 12:43
Whatever developers know, we also know coz its so transparent now. Its just whether we pay attention to what we know or care to interpret what we know... Then again I remembered some months back, there was a discussion on this forum about certain developer always seem to be 1 step ahead, like the introduction of the CM which caught everyone by surprise! Hmmm... :rolleyes:

Agree if you have a team of researchers plus ......

Developers are engaged by gahmen in some countries for discussions prior to introduction of any CM.
they deal with contractors, buyers, agents, banks etc etc more than anyone of us in forum

Transparency definition varies from one to another interpretation.
Stats lag in time.

dmon
19-11-11, 12:48
make hay while the sun shines sell to ft...filipino/cina/indians got plenty money...:D

I tend to disagree. Ft I know repatriate $$ to home country
They have few properties back home but only renting here. They move ard for cheaper deals and are very good negotiators in pushing the rent down

My Ft colleague was boasting about it the other day
They (ft you mentioned) never thought of buying when I asked them

Anyone has differing experiences in general. One or 2 cases are abnormalities.

dmon
19-11-11, 12:51
inside news bedok residense will be SOLD OUT...:D
I doubt it.

devilplate
19-11-11, 12:55
I doubt it.

sold out within 5yrs mah.....cannot meh? LOL

devilplate
19-11-11, 12:57
They have few properties back home but only renting here. They move ard for cheaper deals and are very good negotiators in pushing the rent down

mostly wun buy....those long term PR high chance will buy though.....2of my ex-tenants actually bot their own condo eventually....

dmon
19-11-11, 12:59
sold out within 5yrs mah.....cannot meh? LOL
Oh sentence was incomplete
I see
Lol

evergreen
19-11-11, 13:06
Cos people will be getting their year-end bonus soon? :D Have money for downpayment.

dmon
19-11-11, 13:28
Cos people will be getting their year-end bonus soon? :D Have money for downpayment.
Even so my ft colleagues or PRs will not fRom my conversations with them
They will take $$$ here and reduce loans back home as interest rates back home very much higher and they gain on fx. SG$ strong They are used to moving from country to country so they don't buy homes in each country they plan to stay for 2-3 years. PRs most will buy 1. If they have plans to retire in home country they don't buy any property at all.

devilplate
19-11-11, 13:35
They will take $$$ here and reduce loans back home as interest rates back home very much higher and they gain on fx. SG$ strong They are used to moving from country to country so they don't buy homes in each country they plan to stay for 2-3 years. PRs most will buy 1. If they have plans to retire in home country they don't buy any property at all.

double egded.....

on one hand, we want more foreigners/PR buying our ppty(push up px)

on the other hand, we r also afraid too many foreigner/PR buying and pushing up our ppty px....

how irony:rolleyes:

dmon
19-11-11, 13:36
I doubt your employers will be paying better bonuses than 2010
For employers here I'm sure you would not pay higher bonuses than 2010

Usual to cite the current situation of uncertainty as reason
What would employees do? Concern if next year there will be a desk for them

What would employees do with the bonuses ? Keep for rainy days
My finance minister already planned savings route for coming bonuses payouts and reduce budget for overseas holiday next 2 years

Aren't your home ministers doing so for next year 2012 budget? Lol

radha08
19-11-11, 13:37
I doubt it.

Good morning,

Please be informed that, due to overwhelming response for Bedok Residences, and crowd control / safety issues, the Developer has announced that the Mode of Sales will be changed to by way of Balloting.

Do let me know if you are keen on this Development. I will need to meet you to collect a cheque payable to the Developer's account and Letter of Authorization, and copies of IC/Passport, for submission for balloting.

Target date for preview (booking by balloting) is still on 23 November 2011.

Have a nice day.

this the mail i received...:o

radha08
19-11-11, 13:39

my tenant actually asked me if now is good time to buy i said no please continue renting my apt...:D:D:D

devilplate
19-11-11, 13:39
Good morning,

Please be informed that, due to overwhelming response for Bedok Residences, and crowd control / safety issues, the Developer has announced that the Mode of Sales will be changed to by way of Balloting.

Do let me know if you are keen on this Development. I will need to meet you to collect a cheque payable to the Developer's account and Letter of Authorization, and copies of IC/Passport, for submission for balloting.

Have a nice day.

try asking ur agt how many chq ERA received in total? LOL

wat he meant by overwhelming? :rolleyes:

dmon
19-11-11, 13:40
At times we forget about demand and supply forces
And needs versus wants

We want but the FTs don't want

Their gahmens also smart to incentivise them to bring $$$ home. Look at our neighbor gahmen - tax free cars for returning malaysians. My buddy just went home and bought beemers one sedan one suv

double egded.....

on one hand, we want more foreigners/PR buying our ppty(push up px)

on the other hand, we r also afraid too many foreigner/PR buying and pushing up our ppty px....

how irony:rolleyes:

devilplate
19-11-11, 13:40
my tenant actually asked me if now is good time to buy i said no please continue renting my apt...:D:D:D

whahahahha......so coincidence.....one of my tenant also asked me tat !!! i say market may crash.....lets renew another year lor....LOL

devilplate
19-11-11, 13:42
At times we forget about demand and supply forces
And needs versus wants

We want but the FTs don't want

Their gahmens also smart to incentivise them to bring $$$ home. Look at our neighbor gahmen - tax free cars for returning malaysians. My buddy just went home and bought beemers one sedan one suv

u see.....sporeans complain PRs got too much priviledge......apparently, not attractive enuff for the PRs!!!!!!!!!!!!! whahahaha

buttercarp
19-11-11, 13:42
Good morning,

Have a nice day.

Wah lau... so hot !
Hope those who buy won't get burnt.

dmon
19-11-11, 13:43
Oooh we hv agents here driving sentiments
I hope there is no misrepresentation of facts here. Otherwise flying legal cases. Is there a moderator to observe this

devilplate
19-11-11, 13:43
Wah lau... so hot !
Hope those who buy won't get burnt.

tq sis.....i submitted mine liao.....hehehe

dmon
19-11-11, 13:45

Care to share the greatness of this project?
Or I presume you are flushed with liquidity.

buttercarp
19-11-11, 13:46

Good luck!
Hopefully by the time TOP, yours will be like a succulent roasted pig or juicy turkey..... and those who did not buy, salivate buckets.

devilplate
19-11-11, 13:47
Care to share the greatness of this project?
Or I presume you are flushed with liquidity.

just in case crappyland decide to gime me a xmas surprise:cheers1:

chq only....no commitment

dmon
19-11-11, 13:48
I hope it is not a tactic of divide and rule.
Great if there's real demand and not speculative in nature

No one wants to see crashes. Bound to have injuries.
Like our minister said open eyes big big when buy

devilplate
19-11-11, 13:48
Good luck!
Hopefully by the time TOP, yours will be like a succulent roasted pig or juicy turkey..... and those who did not buy, salivate buckets.

no la....try try nia....

bo pian la.....govt so long havent implement the rules for developers! !@#$@#%#:banghead:

developers supposed to give actual pricing few days b4 actual preview!!!! :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

dmon
19-11-11, 13:50

True investor with strong appetite for high risk

Dont tell me your tactic of fishing
Let out the bait then pull back then let out a smaller bait for fish of same size

buttercarp
19-11-11, 13:51
no la....try try nia....

bo pian la.....govt so long havent implement the rules for developers! !@#$@#%#:banghead:

developers supposed to give actual pricing few days b4 actual preview!!!! :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Yup, forgot, still have to ballot.
The developers feel so great, and buyers made to feel so hard up.

devilplate
19-11-11, 13:55
Yup, forgot, still have to ballot.
The developers feel so great, and buyers made to feel so hard up.

u missed my point:doh:

devilplate
19-11-11, 13:57
I hope it is not a tactic of divide and rule.
Great if there's real demand and not speculative in nature

No one wants to see crashes. Bound to have injuries.
Like our minister said open eyes big big when buy

how to be speculative now? 4yrs ssd....60% ltv.....

speculators=flippers.....4yrs ssd how to flip? LOL

if i got it at the px i want, i LL also goto hold for at least 3yrs MINIMUM

dmonddd
19-11-11, 16:29
how to be speculative now? 4yrs ssd....60% ltv.....

speculators=flippers.....4yrs ssd how to flip? LOL

if i got it at the px i want, i LL also goto hold for at least 3yrs MINIMUM

Great we can discount these group of ppl - speculators
Now left with real demand those who buy to stay
And those who have too many $$$

Which one triumphs pushing this balloting process

DC33_2008
19-11-11, 17:11
Keen to put in cheque too. Launched units not so good facing.

rattydrama
19-11-11, 17:56
scare of 50% cash otherwise I will put my cheque too!

radha08
19-11-11, 18:53
this one cannot go wrong next to bedok MRT... no brainer hope all bros who go in huat big big in years to come...if i had a lot of EXTRA $$$ lying around i also would venture in but like i believe we all got our own investment strategy so dont monkey see monkey do....:D:D:D

blackjack21trader
19-11-11, 19:02
Sad to disappoint u guys but the ads' target audience is not you la....they are the Chinese/Indian brothers and sisters from Mainland/India lor....dun believe u later watch a property TV ad during this school holidays hor

samuelk
19-11-11, 20:33
so out of the buffet spread, what are the better ones.?

I spotted Seawind but the prices is stiff, and the prices of Flamingo V seems rather attractive.

dmon
19-11-11, 21:28
Middle east taught us a great lesson

When market down all run and dump cars with keys inside the car and most tenants just shipped out without informing landlords

How's the situation there? Anyone can share? Back to high levels? sadly Dubai growth is supported by neighboring oil countries.

Eastboy
19-11-11, 22:04

I spotted Seawind but the prices is stiff, and the prices of Flamingo V seems rather attractive.

i would say go for the leftover units in devts that have been marketed for a few months already, more room for nego, get vouchers, stamp fees absorption etc.

evergreen
20-11-11, 20:40

The ones you spoke with either don't earn enough or they are not savvy property investors. High earners who have the ability to invest will buy SG property. Interest rate here is so low. Even if they relocate to other countries to work, they'll just rent out their property to earn money.

andy
20-11-11, 21:03
The ones you spoke with either don't earn enough or they are not savvy property investors. High earners who have the ability to invest will buy SG property. Interest rate here is so low. Even if they relocate to other countries to work, they'll just rent out their property to earn money.

Absolutely right. A new batch of FT & expats now don't rent. They buy and with interest rate at 1% they say is like renting for free.

dmonddd
20-11-11, 21:04

your views maybe true for small population of FTs which wont absorb the many launches and units out for resale.

1 of them (out of out 10) I spoke to bought a cluster house with tenant whilst he himself is renting a condo. His plan is to move to cluster house once lease expires

you probably are an agent who spoke to investors, smaller population of FTs
sample of population I spoke to represents majority of FTs

dmonddd
20-11-11, 21:06
Absolutely right. A new batch of FT & expats now don't rent. They buy and with interest rate at 1% they say is like renting for free.
point i stating from discussions is that they don't buy more than 1 but majority rents because they know they will move around the region.

DaytonaSS
20-11-11, 21:14

Flamingo V can consider cheap!! recently done price like damn good. let me extract from URA...

Flamingo Valley , Siglap Road Price - $2,032,371, 2,293sqft, freehold, $886 psf, OCt 2011, floor 1-5.

If its first floor i wonder how big is the build in area... Any bros got infor?

rattydrama
20-11-11, 21:15
Sad to disappoint u guys but the ads' target audience is not you la....they are the Chinese/Indian brothers and sisters from Mainland/India lor....dun believe u later watch a property TV ad during this school holidays hor

ang mo bikini babes become black bikini babes in our TV ads! LOL :D :D chiong ah....

rattydrama
20-11-11, 21:33
Flamingo V can consider cheap!! recently done price like damn good. let me extract from URA...

Flamingo Valley , Siglap Road Price - $2,032,371, 2,293sqft, freehold, $886 psf, OCt 2011, floor 1-5.

If its first floor i wonder how big is the build in area... Any bros got infor?

http://www.flamingovalley.sg/downloads/flamingo-valley-floorplans.pdf

Its a 3bedroom roof terrace penthouse. 2nd floor is a terrace ...no many have this kind of appetite wor.

blackjack21trader
20-11-11, 22:11
ang mo bikini babes become black bikini babes in our TV ads! LOL :D :D chiong ah....

Wow..brother rattydrama, u r very observant leh..kekekeke

DaytonaSS
20-11-11, 23:45
http://www.flamingovalley.sg/downloads/flamingo-valley-floorplans.pdf

Its a 3bedroom roof terrace penthouse. 2nd floor is a terrace ...no many have this kind of appetite wor.

wah lah, makan big big mouth worth.......

not really worth it.... personal swimming pool. Still need to pay for open terrace which is like 50% of the space..... Pay to enjoy open space.....

thanks for the link.