PDA

View Full Version : How much drop do u expect in next 24 mths

Pages : [1] 2

DaytonaSS
20-11-11, 21:58
hi pple,

hope this thread encourages more free flow of data that are both negative n positive.

Also feel free to share which district u are aiming and at what range if its drops to your target entry. Any form of prediction should be welcome and please share y u feel that way. Any sharing of interesting articles to back up claim is most welcomed. Any names calling is not encouraged. Thanks

mcmlxxvi
20-11-11, 22:05
No data from me obviously, just a guess. 10-15% correction tops (in particular those insanely overpriced projects)... So better faster jump on to the boat of those already TOP projects with reasonable prices and rent out to secure passive extra income stream. Coz in 24mths there will be whole lot more competition...

DaytonaSS
20-11-11, 22:13
recently went to see MPR, very shiok swimming pool and building facing. If it really drop to $1400 psf for high floor unit, die die squeeze out some $$$ or find 1 solid partner to go in together.

if Europe turns really bad and US continues to talk only no result, i think the drop for OCR PPI could be in the region of 20%. This should be accompanied if interest rate hit in 2013 to 4%. Between now n then, if liquidity dries up, the chances of US printing another tranch is possible in my opinion. Thus it should keep our interest rate low as our rates are usually tied to US. feel free to point out any flaw in my thinking.

buttercarp
20-11-11, 22:15
Why suddenly so pessimistic?
Your poll does not include those who think there isn't going to be a drop.

DaytonaSS
20-11-11, 22:19
Why suddenly so pessimistic?
Your poll does not include those who think there isn't going to be a drop.

last one lor, dead fish. i think market also need a breather if it doesnt correct abit. chong alot liao loh.

sentiments not too strong now ma....

DaytonaSS
20-11-11, 22:21
No data from me obviously, just a guess. 10-15% correction tops (in particular those insanely overpriced projects)...

not wanting to irritate anyone or start OCR vs CCR debate, can name 1 or 2 u feel is insanely overpriced project?

buttercarp
20-11-11, 22:23
last one lor, dead fish. i think market also need a breather if it doesnt correct abit. chong alot liao loh.

sentiments not too strong now ma....

Oh.... ok, so that is what it means.
When I saw the word dead fish, I thought of some form of handshake.......

DaytonaSS
20-11-11, 22:30
super yesterday news, but i think Singapore still is very much relevant in Asean countries and many companies are continue to set up offices here to tap the growth region for next decade

US senator urges Obama to sign FTA with ASEAN

Updated on:Thursday, Jun 30, 2011 http://www.siiaonline.org/?q=files/imagecache/feature/sen-richard-lugar-r-indiana.jpg

United States senator Richard G. Lugar, Republican Leader of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has introduced legislation encouraging the Obama administration to start Free Trade Agreement (FTA) talks with ASEAN.

Lugar said US passivity on this front sends the wrong message to ASEAN, which collectively represents the fourth-largest and fastest-growing export market for the US. The US is also a major importer of ASEAN goods.

In a statement, Lugar warned "the reluctance of the Obama Administration to signal its commitment to developing a strategy for pursuing an FTA with ASEAN suggests to ASEAN leaders that they should first look to China, India and elsewhere for comprehensive trade interaction."
Report: Lugar urges US-Asean FTA negotiations (http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/06/29/national/Lugar-urges-US-Asean-FTA-negotiations-30158978.html) [The Nation, 30 June 2011]

Lugar introduced similar non-binding legislation two years ago, calling on the US to pursue FTA talks with ASEAN. It was referred to the Senate Committee on Finance, but no progress was made.
The idea of a US-ASEAN FTA enjoys some support among US lawmakers, but it has been unable to gain traction in Washington due to a general lack of enthusiasm for complex free trade deals. Myanmar's membership in ASEAN presents another stumbling block.
Report: US senator renews call for Asean FTA (http://sphreg.asiaone.com/RegAuth2/stpLogin.html?goto=http%3A%2F%2Fsphauth.asiaone.com%2Famserver%2Fcdcservlet%3FTARGET%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.straitstimes.com%253A80%252FWorld%252FStory%252FSTIStory_685391.html%26RequestID%3D16566%26MajorVersion%3D1%26MinorVersion%3D0%26ProviderID%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.straitstimes.com%253A80%252Famagent%26IssueInstant%3D2011-06-30T09%253A23%253A55Z) [Straits Times, 30 June 2011] (Requires login)

The Obama administration also seems to favour a different regional trade agreement, the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), rather than signing a deal with just ASEAN countries.

The TPP is an existing multilateral FTA between Brunei, Chile, New Zealand and Singapore, which entered into force in 2006. Five more countries are currently negotiating to enter the agreement, the US, Australia, Malaysia, Peru and Vietnam.

Officials are drafting a new deal to include the prospective members, and hope to finish talks by November this year. Last week, trade representatives met in Vietnam for a seventh round of talks, discussing issues like investment liberalisation, facilitating supply chains, and creating opportunities for small-and-medium enterprises.
Report: Trans-Pacific partnership yields good results - and more on way (http://vietnamnews.vnagency.com.vn/Social-Isssues/212770/Trans-Pacific-partnership-yields-good-results---and-more-on-way.html) [Viet Nam News, 28 June 2011]
But Lugar has suggested that a potential US-ASE
AN FTA need not be mutually exclusive with the TPP, as the two trade deals could co-exist. The US senator added that the US must match action to words and expand its relationship with Southeast Asia.
Total trade between the US and ASEAN hit US$178 billion in 2010, with US exports to ASEAN up 31 percent over 2009 and US imports from ASEAN up 17 percent.

Singapore topped the list of ASEAN countries for US exports last year, followed by Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines and Indonesia. The top five ASEAN import suppliers to the US were Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia and Vietnam.

dmonddd
20-11-11, 22:45
No data from me obviously, just a guess. 10-15% correction tops (in particular those insanely overpriced projects)... So better faster jump on to the boat of those already TOP projects with reasonable prices and rent out to secure passive extra income stream. Coz in 24mths there will be whole lot more competition...

Agree. I am a fan of d10 and d11.
D11/d10 bkt timah road alone seeing few bigger >80 unitsvprojects that TOP or going to TOP

Cyan
Floridian
jardin
Cascadia

Putting myself in shoes of investors in general prices up by 30-40% or more for these projects. A 15-20% discounts I probably sell off. Projects TOP now were sold or sold when prices were climbing and market getting hot ie early 2009

Not to forget the older projects may also compete for market demand.

I don't foresee increasing demand as all would agree SSD measure is there for next 24 mths, don't foresee increasing FT PRs in next 24 mths.

ysyap
20-11-11, 22:51
When everybody is saying correction is coming, the projects I've visited still not showing signs of weakening price. Agents kept saying developer will increase price by tomorrow, etc. Hmmm... :rolleyes:

buttercarp
20-11-11, 22:55
When everybody is saying correction is coming, the projects I've visited still not showing signs of weakening price. Agents kept saying developer will increase price by tomorrow, etc. Hmmm... :rolleyes:

Maybe the agent playing poker with you?:confused:

DaytonaSS
20-11-11, 22:59
D11/d10 bkt timah road alone seeing few bigger >80 unitsvprojects that TOP or going to TOP

i m superfan of D10 too. Orange did a superb description of D10 if u have not already seen it.

What D10 lacks is some exciting new development. Maybe rebuild turf city in a nice development worth of its price land that it sits on.

Eastboy
20-11-11, 23:00

I think it really depends on the popularity of the project. Less popular projects are giving big discounts

dmonddd
20-11-11, 23:03

If I am a developer what steps would i take?

I would definitely want to offload my stocks.
But slashing prices would kill the brand. And if project in phases similar to China and other countries, buyers in earlier phases would complain. I would

Reverse marketing strategy may worth a shot by agents.
Usual miss the boat reason to create anxiety.

But if prices remain buyers feel then they got a good deal. Manage expectation

Prices may be holding as developers also check transacted prices of surrounding projects (more or better facilities)

surrounding projects if older would lose out as newly launched projects are designed to plug the missing gaps in older projects.

I see prices for older surrounding projects will be stressed first then followed by new launch

DaytonaSS
20-11-11, 23:04
I think it really depends on the popularity of the project. Less popular projects are giving big discounts

i m looking out for bedok proj to see hows the pricing and response. Next wk we all will know lah.

devilplate
20-11-11, 23:07
hi pple,

hope this thread encourages more free flow of data that are both negative n positive.

Also feel free to share which district u are aiming and at what range if its drops to your target entry. Any form of prediction should be welcome and please share y u feel that way. Any sharing of interesting articles to back up claim is most welcomed. Any names calling is not encouraged. Thanks

yo....u havent vote wor....

dmonddd
20-11-11, 23:09
i m superfan of D10 too. Orange did a superb description of D10 if u have not already seen it.

What D10 lacks is some exciting new development. Maybe rebuild turf city in a nice development worth of its price land that it sits on.

Coincidentally I was discussing with home minister on turf city redevelopment as was there for kids lesson
Lease expiry we know is till feb 2012 for one tenant

I see tender sale coming after recovery of this countries' meltdown
Given the size amount $$ pumped in by developer is massive and tender price may not be high

DaytonaSS
20-11-11, 23:09
yo....u havent vote wor....

i still thinking, 2molo wake up clearer mind the vote. Now going to sleep liao. AHAHAH

amk
20-11-11, 23:11
The situation now is unique, diff from 1997.

There is massive liquidity now. Low rates is a given for at least another 3yrs.

However euro crisis is causing a recession risk, even when US is starting to recover.

In SG with all the CMs, secondary market is practically dormant since Jan 2011. The only movement is in new sale. All these pties sold in 2011, by 2013 they are about half built. With such low interest and SSD, there is no reason firesale will happen as long as the job market did not crash with massive unemployment.

My view is there will be prolonged period of inactivity as long as interest rate is low. Price will be stagnant or slightly down, but not crash.

The real danger is not our economy, but how euro crisis will pan out. If euro collapses, it will be 1930 style recession. However personally I do not believe this will happen. Too much is at stake. The west will eventually borrow its way out.

mcmlxxvi
20-11-11, 23:12
not wanting to irritate anyone or start OCR vs CCR debate, can name 1 or 2 u feel is insanely overpriced project?
Studio 8 at Kallang. Bliss at Kovan. The Luxurie.

dmonddd
20-11-11, 23:12

The flood is a concern to me since there are many choices

Bukit timah line will be convenient in next 3-4 years.
Meanwhile the drive now along bukit timah or dunearn is like rally driving

devilplate
20-11-11, 23:14

px oredi corrected for recent ocr new launches(actually started with 8cy).....ocr near mrt drop below 1kpsf

devilplate
20-11-11, 23:15
Maybe the agent playing poker with you?:confused:

so u tink agt's last card is a diamond 3 or a spade ace? hehehe

devilplate
20-11-11, 23:20
Studio 8 at Kallang. Bliss at Kovan. The Luxurie.

centro, TG, foresque, seawind, the sound, cape, silversea......ops....many from FEO......

btw, r u trying for ur childhood town new launch nxt wk?

dmonddd
20-11-11, 23:21
Btw the MM and landed cluster houses are excluded from view on prices
Landed non cluster - don't foresee stressed as profile of owners are different - singaporeans and would by now have lower LTVs

devilplate
20-11-11, 23:25
The situation now is unique, diff from 1997.

There is massive liquidity now. Low rates is a given for at least another 3yrs.

However euro crisis is causing a recession risk, even when US is starting to recover.

In SG with all the CMs, secondary market is practically dormant since Jan 2011. The only movement is in new sale. All these pties sold in 2011, by 2013 they are about half built. With such low interest and SSD, there is no reason firesale will happen as long as the job market did not crash with massive unemployment.

My view is there will be prolonged period of inactivity as long as interest rate is low. Price will be stagnant or slightly down, but not crash.

The real danger is not our economy, but how euro crisis will pan out. If euro collapses, it will be 1930 style recession. However personally I do not believe this will happen. Too much is at stake. The west will eventually borrow its way out.

this is wat i afraid......i duno how long i can stay on hibernation mode.....mabe i shd apply an annual levy entry to pass time.....whahahaha

dmonddd
20-11-11, 23:31
this is wat i afraid......i duno how long i can stay on hibernation mode.....mabe i shd apply an annual levy entry to pass time.....whahahaha

ICF syndrome is common
It's in human nature. Whenever I keep more than $300 in my wallet, fingers will tend to itch to buy something esp during sale time

Same when it comes to property buying - been itching since mid 2011. My syndrome is less severe than yours (since 2010) Joking only - hope you don't literally take my last sentence in a serious manner

solsys
20-11-11, 23:33
CCR and RCR will be worst hit if a downturn comes.

dmonddd
20-11-11, 23:37
The flood is a concern to me since there are many choices

Bukit timah line will be convenient in next 3-4 years.
Meanwhile the drive now along bukit timah or dunearn is like rally driving
Sorry this was meant in response to another post

I would not use less popular project to segregate
I would exclude projects which are smaller in terms of number of units from my targets regardless of transportation convenient

Why? I have stayed in small projects before and thereafter understand better the meaning of living within 4 walls

Most of my FT colleagues prefer facilities and more space..

dmonddd
20-11-11, 23:40
Novena / newton side

Trilight
Viva

Cyan
Floridian
jardin
Cascadia

Putting myself in shoes of investors in general prices up by 30-40% or more for these projects. A 15-20% discounts I probably sell off. Projects TOP now were sold or sold when prices were climbing and market getting hot ie early 2009

Not to forget the older projects may also compete for market demand.

I don't foresee increasing demand as all would agree SSD measure is there for next 24 mths, don't foresee increasing FT PRs in next 24 mths.

devilplate
20-11-11, 23:42
ICF syndrome is common
It's in human nature. Whenever I keep more than $300 in my wallet, fingers will tend to itch to buy something esp during sale time

Same when it comes to property buying - been itching since mid 2011. My syndrome is less severe than yours (since 2010) Joking only - hope you don't literally take my last sentence in a serious manner

nid to put 'disclaimer' so serious ar....:scared-3:

no worries....no hard feelings one for me....

same for u rite? :D

dmonddd
20-11-11, 23:50
nid to put 'disclaimer' so serious ar....:scared-3:

no worries....no hard feelings one for me....

same for u rite? :D

Never want to have hard feelings with any forumer
'Hard' feelings are for girlfriends LOL

I see daytona started this forum Cautioning. Jumped in here for more civilized discussions and abandoned the other forum. I see you did as well

Cheers

dmonddd
20-11-11, 23:54
Probably with the on stream supply and understanding majority of buyers profile in soon to be TOP projects I will be able to gauge if majority of such units will be up for sale or rent

Wo would know better - marketing agent, developer?

devilplate
20-11-11, 23:55
Never want to have hard feelings with any forumer
'Hard' feelings are for girlfriends LOL

I see daytona started this forum Cautioning. Jumped in here for more civilized discussions and abandoned the other forum. I see you did as well

Cheers

haiz.....my mistake there la.....i tot basic able to take it mah....better leave him alone den further aggravate his condition;)

seriously hor....i prefer less stressful conversation....if i goto watch out my words, meanings, whether will offend/provoke any bros/sis here, i wud rather dun post.....somemore my england quite bad as u can see lar....:ashamed1:

whoh757
21-11-11, 00:18
my :2cents: ..

would there be a situation of continued low interest rate enviroment, given recessionary concerns globally, so all can hold (developer, investor, etc). But with continuing build-up (supply) of units, and yet certain supportive demand to SIN (whether upgraders, 2-unit HDB buyers, or India/China FTs), such that price largely unchanged the next couple of years?

I think drop in prices (sentiments) would be 'black swan' event.. not the current euro crisis... e.g. Asian crisis 97 due to i recall Russia default, SARS 03, Lehman 08 etc.

comments all?

CCR
21-11-11, 00:25
I think we all forget that if market becomes bad.... All CM will be remove and back to 90% financing and then let in more immigrants, reduce or totally stop new land sales and all the problem will go away Liao....

jwong71
21-11-11, 00:40
I think we all forget that if market becomes bad.... All CM will be remove and back to 90% financing and then let in more immigrants, reduce or totally stop new land sales and all the problem will go away Liao....
Unlikely govt remove the cm and the 90% finance. their main motive is to discourage pple to speculate.
Their solutions came abit too late to prevent the rocket price and crash harder in recession.

Perhaps will come out smthing to encourage sales but not too extent removing

jwong71
21-11-11, 00:53
If recession hit us. With all the cm and 80% finance still in place.
I would think the recovery prices would hardly hit this peak height again,though there will be buyers. But prices not shooting through roof overnight

All thanks to the last round,allowing prices to hit peak due to speculation, non ssd rules, 90% loan.

dtrax
21-11-11, 01:44
i m looking out for bedok proj to see hows the pricing and response. Next wk we all will know lah.

No need next wk, you have it live now..

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/389850_10150382489083198_519143197_8306243_1388376483_n.jpg

Rosy
21-11-11, 07:41

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/389850_10150382489083198_519143197_8306243_1388376483_n.jpg
The queue at bedok residence showflat? Developer did not change to balloting system?

kane
21-11-11, 07:43
Unlikely govt remove the cm and the 90% finance. their main motive is to discourage pple to speculate.
Their solutions came abit too late to prevent the rocket price and crash harder in recession.

When correction comes, I think they will stop at nothing to create a soft landing. At that point, it would not be speculation cos demand is weak, so the loosening of measures is to stimulate the real demand sitting at the sidelines.

devilplate
21-11-11, 08:18

govt cfm plus chop remove CMs or even intro hotting measures like deferred payment again to encourage sales when px r falling fast like 97's replay.....

we end consumers shd be happy!! px dropped and no more ssd etc:spliff:

devilplate
21-11-11, 08:31
how come BJ still entertain basic? hehehe

xenewbie
21-11-11, 08:48
The queue at bedok residence showflat? Developer did not change to balloting system?

from my understanding, it changed to queuing system. first come first serve.

dmonddd
21-11-11, 08:55

From the photos possible they are largely upgraders
Developer the other day was commenting of having no problem getting 30-40% sales. To get sales beyond 50% is a challenge.
Any idea on the number of units up for sale?

devilplate
21-11-11, 08:56
From the photos possible they are largely upgraders
Developer the other day was commenting of having no problem getting 30-40% sales. To get sales beyond 50% is a challenge.
Any idea on the number of units up for sale?

mostly runners queuing up la:p

masterkey
21-11-11, 09:00

Why are people sitting on the floor??
An overnight queue or developer didn't bother to provide chairs?

dtrax
runners... last time one devonshire paid agent paid $50 for runner, now bedok residences paying 80-100... I wonder what if the runner end up buying for himself?

devilplate
Why are people sitting on the floor??
An overnight queue or developer didn't bother to provide chairs?

later i might pop by during lunch time to kapo.....stay tuned....hahaha

devilplate
21-11-11, 09:02
runners... last time one devonshire paid agent paid $50 for runner, now bedok residences paying 80-100... I wonder what if the runner end up buying for himself?

u tink runners like basic got $$ to pay for 5% DP ? this is not queuing for hello kitty hor

buy liao cant flip somemore with 4yrs ssd....LOL

DC33_2008
21-11-11, 09:02
It is amazing. Keep us posted.
later i might pop by during lunch time to kapo.....stay tuned....hahaha

basic
21-11-11, 09:08
u tink runners like basic got $$ to pay for 5% DP ? this is not queuing for hello kitty hor

LIAR KING, 5% DP....500% cash is nothing lah.....
I can give you extra $50 for tips if you want to be runner....I am not interested to buy, just want to make you run......:):)

devilplate
21-11-11, 09:10
LIAR KING, 5% DP....500% cash is nothing lah.....
I can give you extra $50 for tips if you want to be runner....I am not interested to buy, just want to make you run......:):)

wah....nobody respond to u ....den come over and shout....:eek: :scared-4: :scared-3: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

dmonddd
21-11-11, 09:10

Agree. If queue is for iPhone can flip
Largely hdB upgraders who want kids to enjoy condo facilities - let's hear more from ground and numbers will show the % sold out of total units
Parents nowadays driven by kids demand

masterkey
21-11-11, 09:11

Take away the background, can you tell the difference between a $M condo queue and a hello kitty queue?

Sitting on the floor? Uniquely ....

basic
21-11-11, 09:12
wah....nobody respond to u ....den come over and shout....:eek: :scared-4: :scared-3: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

that is the problem with you, LIAR KING...read your posting......

like debt, must pay back wan...

I do thing very gentleman, unlike you....

still very buay song huh....most desperate bull in this forum.....:):)

devilplate
21-11-11, 09:13
Agree. If queue is for iPhone can flip
Largely hdB upgraders who want kids to enjoy condo facilities - let's hear more from ground and numbers will show the % sold out of total units
Parents nowadays driven by kids demand

bedok area got zero condo near to mrt.....

DC33_2008
21-11-11, 09:15
Tue 12 noon is deadline for cheque collection. Wonder how many cheques? 2 x over the launch units?

devilplate
21-11-11, 09:26
Take away the background, can you tell the difference between a $M condo queue and a hello kitty queue?

Sitting on the floor? Uniquely ....

or developer giving a free hello kitty for every deal? LOL

while stocks last! hahaha

devilplate
21-11-11, 09:29
that is the problem with you, LIAR KING...read your posting......

like debt, must pay back wan...

I do thing very gentleman, unlike you....

still very buay song huh....most desperate bull in this forum.....:):)

yaya....when can u transfer my $50 runner fees to my POSB saving acct?

basic
21-11-11, 09:31
yaya....when can u transfer my $50 runner fees to my POSB saving acct?

purpose is to make you run, will I do transfer?? use your tiny shyt head....:):)

devilplate
21-11-11, 09:31
purpose is to make you run, will I do transfer?? use your tiny shyt head....:):)

ok, u can move back to ur own thread liao:cheers1:

basic
21-11-11, 09:34
ok, u can move back to ur own thread liao:cheers1:

don't start nonsense again, LIAR KING......:):)

kane
21-11-11, 09:39
When's the launch date? How many days do these runner or buyer want to queue?

dmonddd
21-11-11, 09:47
That's the pull factor

Hope it's not too near
If one has not experienced it, one would think having Mrt at doorstep is great

When the train moves so frequent, you wish you had not have Mrt at doorstep
Reasonable distance should be ok 300-500m.
One buddy told me that his interior designer highlighted to him that cracks common for condos very near to MRT

teddybear
21-11-11, 10:00
The distance you cited 300-500m is good only if your unit is blocked by others. Otherwise if direct line of sight will need >1 km ! :scared-3:
Having visited such property near above ground MRT track before, I have the real experience of how bad that noise is! Worst still, the noise will get from bad to worse as the train & track ages. :doh:

That's the pull factor

Hope it's not too near

One buddy told me that his interior designer highlighted to him that cracks common for condos very near to MRT

gn108
21-11-11, 10:03
Like units at Simsville.
Also if near or mid-distance from station.
Nothing better than a old train straining at full speed...

The distance you cited 300-500m is good only if your unit is blocked by others. Otherwise if direct line of sight will need >1 km ! :scared-3:
Having visited such property near above ground MRT track before, I have the real experience of how bad that noise is! Worst still, the noise will get from bad to worse as the train & track ages. :doh:

Geylang OKT
21-11-11, 10:08
No 40% drop no buy! :D :D :D

ahkongkid
21-11-11, 10:08
Funny how it used to be that buying a condo was for exclusiveness.. now so common until no condo nearby is a pull factor. heh :doh:

That's the pull factor

Hope it's not too near

dmonddd
21-11-11, 10:12

let's not go too much into details LOL we can deliberate on the building's right angle, soundproof windows, levels with lesser noise, noise speed, vibration .....

my point is whether ppl find MRT (or even bus interchange) at doorstep a pull factor.

recalled one buddy was against it. Convenient but for family with kids, kids will be distracted. off track on theme LOL

dmonddd
21-11-11, 10:19
Funny how it used to be that buying a condo was for exclusiveness.. now so common until no condo nearby is a pull factor. heh :doh:
precisely the point. new condo nearer to MRT is a pull factor.
HDBs mostly near to MRTs bt have no swimming pools.

I'm just trying to understand the pull factors for such projects

Anyone who bought care to share... near MRT, easy to rent out, price psf low compared to orchard, condo facilities (my kids want these facilities), interest rate cheap, i have plenty of $$ dont know where to keep them, see everyone talking and buying, I dont know my wife asked me to buy, my father has plenty of $$$.

what would be the top of reasons or there are some other reasons which I did not list them out

teddybear
21-11-11, 10:19
Buildings near underground MRT station is SURELY a pull factor! No noise from train! The same is not true for buildings near above ground MRT tracks and MRT stations.
Definitely not near bus interchange please! Oh No no! :doh:

let's not go too much into details LOL we can deliberate on the building's right angle, soundproof windows, levels with lesser noise, noise speed, vibration .....

my point is whether ppl find MRT (or even bus interchange) at doorstep a pull factor.

recalled one buddy was against it. Convenient but for family with kids, kids will be distracted. off track on theme LOL

dmonddd
21-11-11, 10:20
Buildings near underground MRT station is SURELY a pull factor! No noise from train! The same is not true for buildings near above ground MRT tracks and MRT stations.

i fully agree

Geylang OKT
21-11-11, 10:21

For mass market devts then MRT is a definite plus. Otherwise, for exclusiveness, then a definite NO cos such mass market devts are but for the commoners who just got a bit of money now trying to act atas.... while all of the really rich folks hankering after exclusivity drive their Beemers and Jaguars and what have you :D

devilplate
21-11-11, 10:22

i largi dun understand tat some purposely choose facing mrt track to haf unblock view and hoping to catch pocketed seaview....more like unblocked noise and air pollution....hehe

i believe buyers should buy due to convenience and not the view:2cents:

devilplate
21-11-11, 10:24
For mass market devts then MRT is a definite plus. Otherwise, for exclusiveness, then a definite NO cos such mass market devts are but for the commoners who just got a bit of money now trying to act atas.... while all of the really rich folks hankering after exclusivity drive their Beemers and Jaguars and what have you :D

richies may still buy for investment mah but own stay they stay far far from mrt one lor.....if not their super cars no chance to drive wor.....hehehe

DaytonaSS
21-11-11, 10:24
Any one read the article in Straits Times Review : London Eye
Global Gloom, Capital's property market boom

I cant copy n paste here. Anyone can paste n share here? London is damn impressive, the more unstable world market is, the more their prime property ard Hyde Park, Kensington and Chelsea. 6B flow into central london over past 18 months. London index ups 12.5% over last 12 months and 38% since 2009 low.

Pound 7500 psf.... also can...,rest of country country cui while london chong!!

devilplate
21-11-11, 10:26

I cant copy n paste here. Anyone can paste n share here? London is damn impressive, the more unstable world market is, the more their prime property ard Hyde Park, Kensington and Chelsea. 6B flow into central london over past 18 months. London index ups 12.5% over last 12 months and 38% since 2009 low.

i read similar article too.....i was tinking last time british vy smart die die nvr join EU

dmonddd
21-11-11, 10:29

i hear exclusivity does not exist in mass mkt project

sorry i am off tangent on forum theme

Geylang OKT
21-11-11, 10:30
i hear exclusivity does not exist in mass mkt project

sorry i am off tangent on forum theme

precisely! :D

dmonddd
21-11-11, 10:32

London and NY were badly hit then
I see NY still having upsides. Only concern is tax will net off the profits

mcmlxxvi
21-11-11, 11:16

I know someone who must stay beside or on top of mrt... Initially thought is lazy and spoilt then find out actually is dunno how to take bus always take wrong or get lost kekeke

dmonddd
21-11-11, 11:22
I know someone who must stay beside or on top of mrt... Initially thought is lazy and spoilt then find out actually is dunno how to take bus always take wrong or get lost kekeke

LMAO LOL LOL
dont be surprised that this may be one valid reason for pull factor
esp the parents worried for their young ones. esp in bus you have ppl eating from seat, aunty cutting her nails....in MRT more challenging - cctv plus armed police patrol

avo7007
21-11-11, 11:53
Looking at the poll,70% believes the next 24 months will have +5% to -10% downside? Not bad at all.:)

kane
21-11-11, 11:57
some of those who think market will be flat could be at Bedok now.

dmonddd
21-11-11, 12:00
Looking at the poll, 70% believes the next 24 months will have 0 to 10% downside? Not bad at all.:)
everyone's guess is as good as mine or yours

can only say the flow is as per the poll but sampled from forumers...when it hits 1000 respondents, we may see a more solid sample

hyenergix
21-11-11, 12:03
NTUC has already sounded out in ST abt more retrenchments. It muz b receiving some indications from employers.

dmonddd
21-11-11, 12:07
NTUC has already sounded out in ST abt more retrenchments. It muz b receiving some indications from employers.
Tharman already sounded the union leaders - be pro

like some forumers here dont argue on baseless. find what are other options available like get the retrenched on board a program quickly and have employers sign up database, turnaround employees on database, what is next if there's no interview for 2 weeks,next step....etc etc

Jonathan0503
21-11-11, 12:12

Thought there are quite a few close to tanah merah mrt?

Jonathan0503
21-11-11, 12:18

Haha. just like car tyres. The older it is, the noiser it gets

dmonddd
21-11-11, 13:17

seems to be conflicting. my english is not that great. trying to find the link between 2 pieces

UK House Prices Record Largest Fall In One Year As Uncertainty Mounts
11/20/2011 10:38 PM ET

TOP MARKET NEWS
CVC Capital Partners Among Potential Bidders For Phoenix Group Holdings
Stocks Close Mixed After Choppy Trading Day - U.S. Commentary
IAEA Adopts Resolution On Iran's Nuclear Program
House Fails To Pass Balanced Budget Amendment
Former 'Sheriff Of Wall Street' Defends Dodd-Frank Regulation
(RTTNews) - Housing market activity in the U.K. weakened considerably in November as the looming economic uncertainty stemming from the European debt crisis spooked sellers, leading to the largest fall in property prices in a year.

According to property website Rightmove, average asking price of a property coming to the U.K. market, tumbled 3.1 percent from October to GBP232,144, the steepest pace since November last year. Prices fell by GBP 7,528 in a month, representing the largest monetary fall since December 2007.

In a report published Monday, Rightmove said the number of properties put up for sale in the market fell 13 percent on a monthly basis to 21,375, the lowest November level since the collapse of Lehman Brothers, as prospective sellers postponed their marketing due to weak economic conditions.

dmonddd
21-11-11, 13:20
London and NY were badly hit then
I see NY still having upsides. Only concern is tax will net off the profits

very interesting piece of news on property coming out from UK
my views remain that both cities have potential in upside on capital gains. moment they relax on tax and ownership...forget SG. sigh dream

no wonder of late there are so many TV ads on owning properties in UK

DaytonaSS
21-11-11, 14:48
seems to be conflicting. my english is not that great. trying to find the link between 2 pieces

u read the article if u got access. Very interesting . Hope Singapore Property have this kind of charm in time to come. As of now, they havnt come yet.

dmonddd
21-11-11, 15:09
u read the article if u got access. Very interesting . Hope Singapore Property have this kind of charm in time to come. As of now, they havnt come yet.
just read it..an analysis of ultra segment in property market. I will put this under static category

the other article is more dynamic i.e. trends m-o-m

different league if we touch on ultra segment...why ultra rich will buy during good times (diversify assets portfolio) and buy more prestigious property during downturn as cheaper for every psf compared to good times

and they know history showed that the prestigious property is more elastic on prices ie bounce to high level quicker than other segments when market improves.

for me I only have 1 bullet
but maybe 1.2 bullets during downturn LOL

dmonddd
21-11-11, 15:13
btw for curiosity what is the meaning of this category

Dead fish, 5% flucation (only 5% fluctuation in prices)

to me dead fish differs from salted fish kiam yu

dead fish means isolated case..one or 2 cases....
kiam yu many many ppl burnt and dried under the sun...

ysyap
21-11-11, 15:23
There are more to come... watch this space for further price correction in the coming months! :sleep:

jwong71
21-11-11, 15:31
just read it..an analysis of ultra segment in property market. I will put this under static category

the other article is more dynamic i.e. trends m-o-m

different league if we touch on ultra segment...why ultra rich will buy during good times (diversify assets portfolio) and buy more prestigious property during downturn as cheaper for every psf compared to good times

and they know history showed that the prestigious property is more elastic on prices ie bounce to high level quicker than other segments when market improves.

for me I only have 1 bullet
but maybe 1.2 bullets during downturn LOL

ur 1 bullet for a 1-2million prop huh?? :D
hard to define 1 bullet, or many bullets.

dmonddd
21-11-11, 15:41
ur 1 bullet for a 1-2million props huh?? :D
hard to define 1 bullet, or many bullets.
smart alec

1 bullet now....can shoot bull eye...
now bullet bigger because cheaper 1.2 times bigger to shoot bull eye

if times worsen further, bullet can be 2 times bigger than now..chances hitting bull eye bigger la..

or reverse to bulls eye bigger also can...but dont forget that either one bigger doesnt mean that you will hit bull eye = miss the boat group

jwong71
21-11-11, 15:44
smart alec

1 bullet now....can shoot bull eye...
now bullet bigger because cheaper 1.2 times bigger to shoot bull eye

if times worsen further, bullet can be 2 times bigger than now..chances hitting bull eye bigger la..

or reverse to bulls eye bigger also can...but dont forget that either one bigger doesnt mean that you will hit bull eye = miss the boat group

ur '1' bullet= bazoka?? can shoot whole target board down instead :p

dmonddd
21-11-11, 15:48
ur '1' bullet= bazoka?? can shoot whole target board down instead :p
bend down and tell me if you see a bazooka rocket heading your way

please don't be too greedy...it does not bode well for all if SG goes down badly

although you are not impacted, your friends maybe, your dad/mum maybe, one of your relatives maybe, your kids will...

mcmlxxvi
21-11-11, 16:29

Lol! Or worse ikan bilis already dried plus darn small

sh
21-11-11, 17:53
ICF syndrome is common

hehe... looks like I'm not the only one....:D fingers damn itchy now... looking high and low... no firesale like Basic posted leh....:(

dmonddd
21-11-11, 18:29
hehe... looks like I'm not the only one....:D fingers damn itchy now... looking high and low... no firesale like Basic posted leh....:(

its natural....my home minister is the one tying my hands up when the syndrome kicks in.. LMAO

so far, no one in forum is not disagreeing with the view that market will not correct itself.

sh
21-11-11, 18:37
its natural....my home minister is the one tying my hands up when the syndrome kicks in.. LMAO

so far, no one in forum is not disagreeing with the view that market will not correct itself.

wah.... so many negative in 1 statement.... very confused:confused:

"no one in forum is not disagreeing with the view that market will not correct itself"

meaning will go up or down?:scared-4:

Don't think there's a consensus here, depending on whether you believe in Basic economics or gambling on Blackjack....:D

devilplate
21-11-11, 18:44

within 2-3yrs la.....:p

heng heng....tmr crash....suay suay 3yrs later.....LOL

dmonddd
21-11-11, 18:50
wah.... so many negative in 1 statement.... very confused:confused:

"no one in forum is not disagreeing with the view that market will not correct itself"

meaning will go up or down?:scared-4:

Don't think there's a consensus here, depending on whether you believe in Basic economics or gambling on Blackjack....:D

wow, you now realized the power of confusing.....

in short, most ppl in this forum agrees that prices will fall

mine is not Queen's english

samuelk
21-11-11, 18:52
suites @ bukit timah seems to be underground stn. But cannot convince myself to get one. At least not at this time

dmonddd
21-11-11, 18:55
I am sure most see the softening impact in the property market and other industries whether in spore or globally

But hoping that it will not come or untrue
I used to always defy the gravity. the stronger the forces pull, the more I want to resist to show all that I am GOD and I am always right..wah liau...PIAK piak Didnt realize that there are other forces unknown to us ...we call in economics - Invisible Hand theory and others can also counter action.

LOL

dmonddd
21-11-11, 18:59
suites @ bukit timah seems to be underground stn. But cannot convince myself to get one. At least not at this time

that's the one ex-shell station site..
only pulling factor is MRT.

maybe the nearby pan malaysian pool outlet within walking distance, pei hwa mkt, bukit timah plaza, pei hwa primary schools

did not check on the facilities as I recall this is a small (i really mean small) piece of land.
then if I'm been punished and asked to face 4 walls then good to get this one.

like I mentioned earlier - MM, cluster and landed property excluded in my views as these properties are different

sh
21-11-11, 19:04
within 2-3yrs la.....:p

heng heng....tmr crash....suay suay 3yrs later.....LOL

cold turkey treatment for 3 years.:scared-3:

HOW!!!!:banghead:

Ok lor... save up for bigger bullet....:D

samuelk
21-11-11, 19:10
that's the one ex-shell station site..
only pulling factor is MRT.

maybe the nearby pan malaysian pool outlet within walking distance, pei hwa mkt, bukit timah plaza, pei hwa primary schools

did not check on the facilities as I recall this is a small (i really mean small) piece of land.
then if I'm been punished and asked to face 4 walls then good to get this one.

like I mentioned earlier - MM, cluster and landed property excluded in my views as these properties are different
you right. Time is nit on my side . 750 2 bedder sold out. Left penthouse. But seem over glorified name for 860sqft.:doh:

DaytonaSS
21-11-11, 19:11

hahahah

Dead fish( guys joke) - means lie done there no movement + no sound whatever. Si Yu yi tiao

5% fluctuations means up/down 5%.

dmonddd
21-11-11, 19:14
hahahah

Dead fish( guys joke) - means lie done there no movement + no sound whatever. Si Yu yi tiao

5% fluctuations means up/down 5%.
Thanks buddy
If you put Dead fish china dish...I sure know leh. No need put fluctuations or variance

Lol

DaytonaSS
21-11-11, 22:24
Barclays boss sees banking consolidation in Europe
Strategic opportunities will lie less in buyouts of institutions and more in consolidation of activities

By VIKRAM KHANNA

(SINGAPORE) Europe's banking sector could witness a wave of consolidation over the next year as banks shed sub-scale activities, reap cost efficiencies and streamline their balance sheets, according to Barclays boss Bob Diamond.
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2011-11-21/BT_IMAGES_VKDIAMOND.jpg (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)Mr Diamond: Banks will only do things where they have some kind of competitive edge and scale Mr Diamond - who became CEO of the Barclays Group in January after heading the bank's investment banking arm - said in interview with The Business Times that in the face of the continuing crisis in the eurozone, the main challenge for Europe's banks is the lack of consolidation, not the lack of capital.
A number of European politicians, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Nicholas Sarkozy - as well as the International Monetary Fund (IMF) - have called for the recapitalisation of European banks to help build confidence. While acknowledging that some banks might need more capital, Mr Diamond noted that most European banks already have capital levels in excess of regulatory requirements of 7 per cent for core Tier 1 capital - even when their portfolios are marked to market - although there will be some further deleveraging of European banks. 'So capital is clearly not the only big issue,' he said.
'Also, if you look at the European banks that failed the stress tests (conducted by the European Banking Authority in July), the main reason they failed is that they hold their own government debt. Is that a bank capital issue, or is that a sovereign risk issue? If you just add more capital to European banks, I'm not sure that resolves the main problem - which is market confidence in some European government debt.'

Mr Diamond suggested that the real problem with banks in Europe is that the process of consolidation and restructuring has not yet gained momentum - although it has started in Spain and Italy. There are many banks in Europe that are sub-scale, he said, or have narrowly focused business models, such as Spanish savings institutions and some British Building Societies in 2008 which invested only in domestic mortgages, and became vulnerable to housing bubbles.

The coming wave of mergers and acquisitions in Europe is unlikely to be of the traditional type in which entire institutions get bought out, according to Mr Diamond.

'The strategic opportunities will lie much more in the consolidation of activities,' he said. 'For example, we've had a number of opportunities in our credit card business, which is big and global. The bank Egg in the UK exited the credit card business because they were sub-scale. We were able to take their portfolio and integrate it with our platform, so it was cost-efficient for us. That's the kind of consolidation I'm talking about.

'Banks will make sure they're only doing things where they have some kind of competitive edge and scale and exiting activities where they do not have a competitive edge and are sub-scale - because of the pressure in the environment of higher capital levels,' he said.

He pointed out that, for its part, Barclays has already exited the retail banking business in Russia and Indonesia as well as the financial planning business in the UK. 'In any area where we weren't earning good returns, we made the decision to fix them quickly or take the tough decision to exit.'

Mr Diamond said he was pleased with Barclays' overall performance this year, despite 'a tough environment of slowing economies and low interest rates'.
'Six of our seven businesses had a better third quarter than both the second quarter and last year's third quarter,' he pointed out. 'Profits were £5 billion (S$10.3 billion) in the first nine months of this year and return on equity was 8 per cent.'

Barclays' European exposure was of little concern, he suggested. 'Most of our exposure in Europe is in the retail business, mainly mortgages. We don't worry about that because mortgages are collateralised and have low loan-to-value ratios.'

On the economic situation in the eurozone, Mr Diamond said: 'The leaders in Europe can't move forward until they have confidence that the problems in Italy are being solved.' More broadly, Mr Diamond called for greater fiscal integration in Europe 'or at least a path towards fiscal integration'. He also supported greater powers for the European Central Bank (ECB). 'By its charter, the ECB does not have the power of the lender of last resort. To be as effective as the Bank of England, the Fed or the Bank of Japan, the ECB must have broader powers. Also, the regulatory environment in Europe has been very national and should be better integrated,' he said.
In the UK, where Barclays is headquartered, an Independent Commission on Banking has recommended that banks' retail businesses be 'ring-fenced' from their investment banking operations. 'Ring fencing would not have been my first choice,' said Mr Diamond. 'But it's done, we've accepted it. We're now into implementation and we can live with it.'

Earlier this year, some British banks, including Barclays, were reported to be considering moving their headquarters out of the UK in the face of tighter bank regulations. Mr Diamond clarified that Barclays intends to stay put. 'We've been in the UK for 320 years,' he said. 'The UK has its own currency, its own monetary policy and fiscal autonomy, which gives it real strength. I think the UK's a very good place to be.'

Mr Diamond, who is sometimes pilloried in the UK media for the size of his pay packet (£6.75 million in 2010, including bonuses), talked about the need for banks to rebuild trust - a theme he also discussed in his inaugural business lecture for the BBC's Today programme on Nov 3.
'It's going to take a long period of time,' he said. 'Part of it involves acknowledging what went wrong, and accepting the new regulatory environment. But most importantly, it involves driving economic growth and jobs - that's the main issue.'

'Many people get negative when I say it's time to move on and get more focused on growth and jobs. But I think that's at the root of what people are feeling,' he said.

DaytonaSS
21-11-11, 22:29
Update: S'pore sees Q4 contraction, 1-3% growth in 2012

SINGAPORE - Singapore's economy could contract in the current quarter and growth next year is likely to slow due to the weakness in the western economies, the government warned on Monday.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2011-11-21/spore1.jpg (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)On a year-on-year basis, Singapore's economy expanded 6.1 per cent, slightly better than initial estimates of 5.9 per cent The city-state may grow 1-3 per cent in 2012, slowing from a 5 per cent expansion expected in 2011, according to government estimates. This is based on a relatively benign assumption that Western economies will avoid sinking into a recession despite the worsening debt crisis in Europe.
'This (2012) forecast is based on current known external weaknesses. Should a recession or a full-blown financial crisis in the advanced economies occur, growth could come in lower,' said Ow Foong Pheng, permanent secretary at Singapore's Ministry of Trade and Industry.
The economy expanded 1.9 per cent in the third quarter on a seasonally-adjusted annualised basis, better than the 1.3 per cent rise that the government had forecast in the advance estimate and rebounding from a 6.4 per cent contraction in April-June.

On a year-on-year basis, Singapore's economy expanded 6.1 per cent, slightly better than initial estimates of 5.9 per cent.

Economists polled by Reuters had expected the economy to expand 2 per cent on a seasonally adjusted quarter-on-quarter basis and 6 per cent on a year-on-year basis.

Singapore's economy is likely to see a sequential dip in the final quarter which is reflected in the full-year GDP forecast of around 5 per cent, Mrs Ow told reporters.

The government on Monday also cut its trade forecasts for 2011, saying non-oil domestic exports are likely to grow by 2-3 per cent this year, down from an earlier 6-7 per cent forecast.

For 2012, non-oil domestic exports are likely to grow by 3-5 per cent.
Analysts said growth is a major concern for next year.

'What is of concern right now is next year's GDP. We are looking at GDP growth of around 2.5 per cent year-on-year for full year 2012 given the very subdued external demand for Singapore's exports amid the global uncertainties,' Chow Penn Nee, an economist at United Overseas Bank.

Economists polled by Reuters had expected the economy to expand 2.0 per cent on the seasonally adjusted quarter-on-quarter basis and 6.0 per cent on a year-on-year basis. -- REUTERS

kane
21-11-11, 22:33
are those people queueing at bedok now even reading the news you've posted here or looking at dow LS-ing. guess not.

DaytonaSS
21-11-11, 22:39
are those people queueing at bedok now even reading the news you've posted here or looking at dow LS-ing. guess not.

from SG PropTalk....
New holiday job for students: "Queuer" at project launch (http://sgproptalk.blogspot.com/2011/11/new-holiday-job-for-students-part-time.html)

Units at a new property launch go on sale on Wednesday and already some 500 people are in the queue.

And about 100 of them are students.
Most of the students said they are helping family or friends queue for a spot in Bedok Residences, a development coming up at Bedok New Town.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fTKhg28KQFE/TspW_AcCH9I/AAAAAAAABPU/RN-CFrHI77Y/s200/phpCV32oj.jpg (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fTKhg28KQFE/TspW_AcCH9I/AAAAAAAABPU/RN-CFrHI77Y/s1600/phpCV32oj.jpg)
Interested buyers must get a queue number, and the students said they are being paid about $10 an hour to do the job.

Residents in the area said some of them have been there since 10:00 pm on Sunday.

Bedok Residences will have 583 units and is part of a 15-storey integrated development consisting of residential units, a shopping mall and a transportation hub.

The development is by CapitaLand Residential Singapore and CapitaMalls Asia.

Source: Channel News Asia

devilplate
21-11-11, 22:40

runner queuing leh

i tink they prolly see their HDB got gd paper profit....so feel rich and dun bother wats happening outside?

anyway if really 11xxpsf for 1/1+study....i tink quite reasonable.....NV 1bdr oredi 1200psf:scared-3:

kane
21-11-11, 22:44
runner queuing leh

i tink they prolly see their HDB got gd paper profit....so feel rich and dun bother wats happening outside?

anyway if really 11xxpsf for 1/1+study....i tink quite reasonable.....NV 1bdr oredi 1200psf:scared-3:

they'll be very silly to price their 1 bedder at 11xxpsf and on the other hand, bid such a high price for bishan central. that would be just shooting their own selves in the foot.

SpinCity
21-11-11, 22:46
The 4y SSD cannot be removed during down time as it is the saving grace for the property price to hold it at the current level as owners are more reluctant to sell. By removing SSD, it may cause more selling pressure than buying interests
Increase of immigrant quota is a passive measure: you can increase as much as you want but immigrants will only come if there are jobs for them in SG

kane
21-11-11, 22:51
The 4y SSD cannot be removed as it is the saving grace for the property price to hold it at the current level as owners are more reluctant to sell.
Increase of immigrant quota is a passive measure: you can increase as much as you want but immigrants will only come if there are jobs for them in SG

i think the increase in LTV can already be a very attractive proposition for the sideliners pondering over their second property.

devilplate
21-11-11, 22:57
i think the increase in LTV can already be a very attractive proposition for the sideliners pondering over their second property.

but to me, no diff leh.....

wat stopping me from buying is 4yrs ssd......super turn off.....y buy totally unsubsidized ppty and kena 4yrs MOP?:(

DaytonaSS
21-11-11, 23:04
Cash piling up in banks, as credit crunch fears loom

Funds are king amid uncertainty in Europe

Published on Nov 21, 2011

nShare (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20111120/ST_IMAGES_EYCREDIT-1BS.jpg CapitaMall Trust is among the firms which have raised fresh funds to finance their businesses, such as The Atrium@Orchard (above) and Iluma, by placing out new shares. -- ST, BT FILE PHOTOS
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/sp/2010/images/nipLeft.png (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)
1 of 2
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/sp/2010/images/nipRight.png (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)

By Goh Eng Yeow, Senior Correspondent
TO GRASP how a credit crunch can erupt with savage force in a sea of calm, consider the global financial scene exactly four years ago - and some disturbing parallels with events today.

In the run-up to Christmas 2007, the stomach-churning events of the global financial crisis were still 10months away. All seemed fairly well in the world.

But, with the benefit of hindsight, events back then clearly presaged the start of the crisis, though few would have believed then that the world's banking system was about to teeter close to the edge of the precipice.

At the time, thoughts of crisis were far from most investors' minds. The festering sub-prime mortgage crisis in the United States rarely got more than passing mention back then.

Instead, Singapore and the rest of the region were giddy with excitement over a vague proposal by China to allow its citizens to buy shares overseas, despite the strict controls it imposed on capital flow. Although the proposal was later quietly scrapped, the exuberance over this prospect stirred up regional markets to record high levels which have not been seen since.

But even then, there were signs that the world's credit markets were freezing up. To ensure that European lenders had sufficient cash to cope with the traditional year-end demand, the European Central Bank had to pump a staggering €348billion into the banking system in December 2007.

Christmas is around the corner again. As was the case in 2007, there are few signs of a credit crunch in Singapore.

But some superficial similarities between then and now are startling. Banks are again awash with liquidity and offering teaser rates as low as 2.88per cent to get borrowers to draw down on their credit lines.
There is even a housing boom to match 2007's bullish property market. Despite the spate of anti-speculative measures put in place by the Government, new private home sales still hit more than 1,000 units last month - the hallmark of a bullish property market - even though demand had weakened somewhat recently.

Although the party here is in full swing, there are spoilers who warn that Asia may once again face a credit crunch if a crisis facing banks - this time in Europe - intensifies.

Over the past two years, this banking crisis has gradually festered and escalated as heavily indebted countries such as Greece and Ireland struggled to service their burgeoning public-sector debts.
In recent weeks, the poison has spread to Italy whose bond yields soared to bailout territory of 7 per cent, prompting fears that the single euro currency, which it shares with 16 other nations, may be headed for destruction.

This is in turn triggering a credit crunch in Europe, which led to giant lender HSBC boss Stuart Gulliver to recently sound the alarm bell on the snowballing effect this could have on Asia if European lenders cut back on their lending to the region, as a result of problems in Europe.
'We need to be careful to monitor the risk of a sharp withdrawal of credit by Euro-pean banks as a result of events back home,' he was quoted as saying in Hong Kong.

Since he made his observations, Germany's second largest lender, Commerzbank, has announced it is scaling back to focus on lending at home and in neighbouring Poland.

It would spell trouble if other continental European lenders were to follow in its footsteps, as they together account for about 21 per cent of the US$2.52 trillion (S$3.2trillion) worth of international bank loans outstanding in Asia, excluding Japan, in the second quarter of this year.
But mindful of the credit crunch in 2008 and the devastating impact on their businesses, some companies are leaving nothing to chance, as they beef up their cash reserves while the going is good.

CapitaMall Trust is among those firms which have raised fresh funds to finance their businesses by placing out new shares.
The real estate investment trust netted almost $250 million recently from selling 139.66 million units at $1.79 apiece to finance capital expenditure and asset enhancement initia-tives on buildings such as The Atrium@Orchard and Iluma.

There has also been no let-up in firms going to the Singdollar bond market to raise cash. United Overseas Bank and Malayan Banking have each tapped investors for a cool $1billion by issuing 10-year Singdollar bonds earlier this year.

Even Hong Kong tycoons are doing it. Billionaires Li Ka Shing's Cheung Kong Holdings, Lee Shau Kee's Henderson Land, and Peter Woo's Wharf Holdings have all become active bond issuers here - despite the foreign exchange risk they expose themselves to, raising funds in Singdollars.

Savers here are also saving more furiously than ever, preferring to keep their money in the bank, where they get almost zero return.
Data from the Monetary Authority of Singapore shows that, as of end-September, Singapore residents have bank deposits totalling $341.73billion. This is 45 per cent more than the $236.29 billion they kept in banks at end-2007 before the financial crisis.

Sitting on so much cash and not putting it to more productive uses can only mean depositors sniff problems ahead.
There is the daunting possibility that things may get worse before they get better.

Investment bank Bank of America Merrill Lynch noted that in its recent survey of fund managers, 38 per cent of them expected Greece to default in the first quarter of next year.

No one knows exactly how the world's banking system will react to such a calamity, if it erupts. It is not surprising that cash sits on its throne, unchallenged as king in these uncertain times.

can someone pls calculate $341.73billion cash divide by 3,789,3000 (singapore residence), how much issit per person?
ref:http://www.singstat.gov.sg/stats/themes/people/hist/popn.html

issit 90.182 Billion per person? knnz where is my $$$$

dmonddd
21-11-11, 23:12
agree that the SSD will not be removed
gahmen wants singaporeans to be financially prepared. not buy what you don't need at the moment. buy it cheap cheap from running FTs when they dump

jwong71
21-11-11, 23:14
but to me, no diff leh.....

wat stopping me from buying is 4yrs ssd......super turn off.....y buy totally unsubsidized ppty and kena 4yrs MOP?:(

buying a bto better off, right? :D

bao eat

dmonddd
21-11-11, 23:16
are you sure it's not typo error, decimal or currency error
mine is probably in CPF..they need to move the decimal point to the far right...yes far far right.

then it tallies to the number $3billion

LMAO

Data from the Monetary Authority of Singapore shows that, as of end-September, Singapore residents have bank deposits totalling $341.73billion. This is 45 per cent more than the $236.29 billion they kept in banks at end-2007 before the financial crisis.[/COLOR]

DaytonaSS
21-11-11, 23:20
mine is probably in CPF..they need to move the decimal point to the far right...yes far far right.

LMAO

i cannot comprehend, the article from straits times .......

kane
21-11-11, 23:21
buying a bto better off, right? :D

bao eat

not everyone qualified for this bao eat.

sh
22-11-11, 00:39

LTV from 60% to 80%... 1 bullet suddenly become 2 bullets.... :D

LTV from 80% to 90%... 2 bullets suddenly become 4 bullets.... :D :D

I like....:cheers1:

sh
22-11-11, 00:50
341.73b divided by 3,789,300 = $90,182 per person.

Enough to buy 3,789,300 MMs at 450k each at 80% LTV....:D

ysyap
22-11-11, 04:01
LTV from 60% to 80%... 1 bullet suddenly become 2 bullets.... :D

LTV from 80% to 90%... 2 bullets suddenly become 4 bullets.... :D :D

I like....:cheers1:I also like.. dream dream dream :sleep:

ysyap
22-11-11, 04:09

LMAODo you mean decimal point move to the far left, far far left? Anyway, the high bank deposit basically means two things.

1st, times are so good that people are offloading their properties to cash in on the good catch over the last 12 months to 18 months so there is an increase in overall bank deposits.

2nd, hard times are expected so everyone is accumulating so these big time investors can buy when prices come down in near future! :D

ysyap
22-11-11, 04:14
341.73b divided by 3,789,300 = $90,182 per person.

Enough to buy 3,789,300 MMs at 450k each at 80% LTV....:DWell, considering that about 1.5mil are 18 years and below, so only have about 2 289 300 people, = $149 273 per person.
Enough to buy 2 289 300 MMs at $750k each at 80% LTV... :D

dmonddd
22-11-11, 05:51
Do you mean decimal point move to the far left, far far left? Anyway, the high bank deposit basically means two things.

1st, times are so good that people are offloading their properties to cash in on the good catch over the last 12 months to 18 months so there is an increase in overall bank deposits.

2nd, hard times are expected so everyone is accumulating so these big time investors can buy when prices come down in near future! :D

200.00000=20000000.00

obvious that most singaporeans have this disease which is contagious - ICF itchy fingers LMAO

But you are right on your points.

ysyap
22-11-11, 05:58
From the above poll, 46 out of 57 (80.7%) are in favor that prices ahead will not come down by more than 20%. :D So if my property bought back then has surged 30%, it probably will just return to the price I bought it. No big paper losses if these guys are right in their predictions! :)

dmonddd
22-11-11, 07:13
In theory it may hold
But in reality humans are humans and 'I' is always prioritized

When the shit hits the fence spiral effect kicks in

Simple analogy imagine 20 chaps, each has a homogenous property ie same type let's say 2 bedder. They each sit separately in a closed room installed with a PA speaker. Every now and then announcement comes in 5-10 mins interval
Just use the current news you hear.
The 20 chaps can buy up another one if they want
there will be price announcements of condo sold and bought as well end of the day

What would you do under such circumstances

The 10 with the lowest cash would be shot.

Think about it.

From the above poll, 46 out of 57 (80.7%) are in favor that prices ahead will not come down by more than 20%. :D So if my property bought back then has surged 30%, it probably will just return to the price I bought it. No big paper losses if these guys are right in their predictions! :)

ysyap
22-11-11, 12:16
In theory it may hold
But in reality humans are humans and 'I' is always prioritized

When the shit hits the fence spiral effect kicks in

Simple analogy imagine 20 chaps, each has a homogenous property ie same type let's say 2 bedder. They each sit separately in a closed room installed with a PA speaker. Every now and then announcement comes in 5-10 mins interval
Just use the current news you hear.
The 20 chaps can buy up another one if they want
there will be price announcements of condo sold and bought as well end of the day

What would you do under such circumstances

The 10 with the lowest cash would be shot.

Think about it.Very chim analogy. Catch nothing! :rolleyes:

dmonddd
22-11-11, 12:32
Very chim analogy. Catch nothing! :rolleyes:
not so..Depends whether one wishes to see it this way or their way or own way

Some siao siao ignore
Some may digest and realize
Some takes awhile (long long while) to digest

Doubt you fall under any of above LOL

azeoprop
22-11-11, 17:47
When will 90% loan and deferred payment scheme be back again? :p

ysyap
22-11-11, 17:55
When will 90% loan and deferred payment scheme be back again? :pAs the famous saying goes, 'tan gu gu'. Why not you leave this question of KBW's twitter page! :D I'm sure he'll reply you. :o

Worsty
22-11-11, 18:07
Very chim analogy. Catch nothing! :rolleyes:

Think prisoner's dilemma. Same same but different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner%27s_dilemma

Eastboy
22-11-11, 18:21

it might just come back IF nobody dares to buy property...the only way to kickstart buying again in the midst of a crash.

kane
22-11-11, 18:55

They have no excuse to bring it back if there's no correction in the property market.

ysyap
22-11-11, 19:47
They have no excuse to bring it back if there's no correction in the property market.Correction is knocking on the doors but our country is super resilient to such knocks... other countries are beginning to open their doors to it but here not sure how much yet! Will be clearer in 2012. :)

azeoprop
22-11-11, 19:57
Actually prices are already correcting, u go see the propertyguru home price index chart, it is slowly dropping.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/markettools
:beats-me-man:

andy
22-11-11, 19:59
Correction is knocking on the doors but our country is super resilient to such knocks... other countries are beginning to open their doors to it but here not sure how much yet! Will be clearer in 2012. :)

The thing is there is a certain advantage being surrounded by less developed/efficient neighbouring countries.

When you land in Jakarta, they have implemented a new system for processing immigration for foreigners which can take 45min to 1 hour and another queue system for customs. Then you can take 2 to 3 hours to get to your destination depending on the traffic.

kane
22-11-11, 20:45
Actually prices are already correcting, u go see the propertyguru home price index chart, it is slowly dropping.

5% correction isn't substantial. When you get to 10-15%, then they'll look at those cooling measures. Just imagine if suburban sells at 1200psf, and if it drops to 1140psf, will you be motivated to lift the cooling measure?

dmonddd
22-11-11, 21:37

wonder where's the source? URA
cant see chart for landed/non-landed.

my take is landed would have supporting the correction line.

dmonddd
22-11-11, 21:50

90% CM mainly for singaporeans. Gahmen not concerned for singaporeans as average every singaporean has $90m of savings.
anyway...foreigners/PRs 60% to 80%

DPS - gahmen risks the banks and developers make more profits as developers load on bank's margin charged on them + profits. will push up psf.
Buyers borrow more in $$. with unmployment rate expecting increase - doubt it

SSD gahmen probably cut in years - to attract investors.

not to forget inflation. COE tool used to manage cars on the road
interest rate..nay.only control inflationary pressure. unless there's global pressure on rising rates.

liquidity mopping - work in progress.

DaytonaSS
22-11-11, 22:20
About 13,000 granted S'pore citizenship yearly from 2001-2010

By ANGELA TAN
About 13,000 persons were granted Singapore citizenship (SC) annually from 2001 to 2010, Teo Chee Hean, Deputy Prime Minister, said on Tuesday.
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2011-11-22/citizens.jpg (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)A vast majority of those granted citizenship came from Asia, with 49.4 per cent from Southeast Asia and 42.1 per cent from other parts of Asia DPM Teo, who is also the Coordinating Minister for National Security & Minister for Home Affairs, said in a written response to parliament that the vast majority came from Asia, with 49.4 per cent from Southeast Asia and 42.1 per cent from other parts of Asia.
Singapore citizenship was also granted to applicants from the Americas, Oceania and Europe.
Over the same period, there were on average about 48,000 persons granted permanent residence (PR) status in Singapore annually. These were also predominantly from Asia, with 49.2 per cent from Southeast Asia and 44.5 per cent from other parts of Asia.
The total numbers of PR and SC granted annually have decreased since 2010, following a tightening of the immigration framework.

DaytonaSS
22-11-11, 22:22
Asia
November 22, 2011, 10.22 am (Singapore time)
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/ax/c.gif
China faces Europe risk, soft landing possible: World Bank

TOKYO - China's economy faces growing risks from Europe's sovereign debt crisis and worries about regional Chinese governments' debts, but it could engineer a soft landing by using the scope for monetary policy easing, the World Bank said on Tuesday.
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2011-11-22/china.jpg (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)The World Bank said China will grow 9.1 per cent this year, slightly higher than its previous forecast of 9.0 per cent growth issued in March In a semi-annual East Asia and Pacific Economic Update, the World Bank nudged up its 2011 growth forecast for China but expects growth to moderate from next year as overseas economies slow and Beijing steers the economy to rely less on investment and manufacturing.
The lender also slashed growth forecasts for developing Asia, excluding China, due to weak export demand from developed countries and as widespread flooding hit Thailand's manufacturing base.
'While the central projection is for a gradual deceleration of growth, the risks are tilted to the downside,' the development lender said, referring to China.
'Policy-makers will need to walk a fine line guarding against the short-term risks to growth and the lingering vulnerabilities associated with a still buoyant, if not overheated, economy.'
China will grow 9.1 per cent this year, the World Bank said, slightly higher than its previous forecast of 9.0 per cent growth issued in March. In 2012, growth will then slow to 8.4 per cent, the bank said.
China's growth this year is below last year's level as weakening external demand hurt investment and exports, the bank said. Monetary policy tightening also slowed investment this year, but there is now more room to normalise policy as inflation is waning, the bank said.
Reflecting recent pessimism, China's Vice Premier Wang Qishan said over the weekend that a long-term global recession is certain and China should focus on solving problems in its economy.
Policies to curb gains in land prices could put some local governments that borrowed heavily under pressure, the World Bank said.
Still, deleveraging is unlikely to match the scale of the US property market as Chinese households tend to put more money down in advance and have smaller mortgages, according to the report.
East Asia
Excluding China, developing East Asia will expand 4.7 per cent this year, much slower than the previous forecast of 5.3 per cent growth, as a slowdown in developed countries and tighter monetary policy dented growth, the bank said.
Investors shifting money out of Asian countries could lead to more stock and bond market volatility, but this could help some countries that are trying to contain asset prices, the report said.
Asian countries could also face significant spillover if a disorderly sovereign debt restructuring in Europe would hurt the flow of trade and financing, the bank said.
Public finances give many Asian countries room to boost stimulus spending if needed, but governments should focus on long-term investments to improve education, social security and labour productivity, the bank said. -- REUTERS

DaytonaSS
22-11-11, 22:25
Singapore
November 22, 2011, 9.22 pm (Singapore time)
Foreign buyers not solely responsible for rising non-landed private property prices: Khaw

By CARINE LEE
Foreign buying is not the only factor contributing to rising prices in non-landed private housing, reiterated the Minister for National Development, Khaw Boon Wan, in a written response to parliament on Tuesday.

He highlighted that over the last three years, prices of resale HDB - which are reserved primarily for Singaporeans, although permanent residents are also allowed to purchase - rose 34 per cent whereas non-landed private houses rose 20 per cent in the same period.

Mr Khaw was responding to a query on whether the ministry will consider curbing speculation on non-landed private property by tightening the criteria on the sale of those properties to foreigners.
He reassured parliament that the government will provide an adequate supply of land to give Singaporeans opportunities to own non-landed private housing, and that the ministry is prepared to introduce further measures if needed to ensure a sustainable and stable property market.

'Our property cooling measures have also moderated the rate of price increase and curbed short term speculation in non-private land housing,' said Mr Khaw.

Price increases for private housing have been trending down for eight consecutive quarters to 1.3 per cent in 3Q2011 from the previous quarter, he added.

Mr Khaw highlighted that there are still 39,000 unsold non-landed private housing out in the market, which is equivalent to more than two years of demand.

DaytonaSS
22-11-11, 22:30
Queues return for Bedok condo launch

By UMA SHANKARI
(SINGAPORE) CapitaLand will start the sale of its newest condominium Bedok Residences only tomorrow - yet a queue of more than 400 people had already formed at the project's showflat by last night.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2011-11-22/BT_IMAGES_UMCAP22.jpg (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)Bedok Residences: The project will be integrated with mall and transport hub The developer said that prices of the 583-unit project at Bedok Town Centre have not been finalised, but agents said last week that prices could start from around $1,250 per square foot (psf) for the smaller units and $1,150 psf for larger units.
CapitaLand, South-east Asia's biggest property group, confirmed yesterday that it would start selling units only tomorrow. But a queue started to form outside the project's showflat on Sunday, BT understands.
The 99-year leasehold development offers a mix of one, one-plus- study, two, three, and four-bedroom apartments, as well as penthouses.

The developer hopes that the project's location would ensure good take-up.
Bedok Residences is part of a 15-storey integrated development comprising homes, a shopping mall and a transportation hub linked to Bedok MRT station. CapitaLand is developing the entire project jointly with its retail unit CapitaMalls Asia.

Wong Heang Fine, chief executive of CapitaLand's Singapore residential arm, expects strong demand for Bedok Residences, 'given its strategic location in one of the most popular residential estates in Singapore and unparalleled connectivity to various parts of the island'. 'Sitting atop a shopping mall and transportation hub, we believe Bedok Residences will rejuvenate the Bedok residential estate and enjoy the exuberance and convenience of the lively Bedok Town Centre,' he said.

Nearby, UOL Group and Singapore Land intend to roll out their newest project, the 577-unit Archipelago @ (%20@) Bedok Reservoir, within this week or next week, BT understands. The project is located on Bedok Reservoir Road.

devilplate
22-11-11, 22:30
Good news meh?

DaytonaSS
22-11-11, 22:34
some articles to but bros here to sleep. Dont read too much scary news , later develop nightmare.

DaytonaSS
22-11-11, 22:36
Good news meh?

no bad news is good news ; )

hyenergix
22-11-11, 23:24
Singapore
November 22, 2011, 9.22 pm (Singapore time)
Foreign buyers not solely responsible for rising non-landed private property prices: Khaw

By CARINE LEE
Foreign buying is not the only factor contributing to rising prices in non-landed private housing, reiterated the Minister for National Development, Khaw Boon Wan, in a written response to parliament on Tuesday.

He highlighted that over the last three years, prices of resale HDB - which are reserved primarily for Singaporeans, although permanent residents are also allowed to purchase - rose 34 per cent whereas non-landed private houses rose 20 per cent in the same period.

Mr Khaw was responding to a query on whether the ministry will consider curbing speculation on non-landed private property by tightening the criteria on the sale of those properties to foreigners.

He reassured parliament that the government will provide an adequate supply of land to give Singaporeans opportunities to own non-landed private housing, and that the ministry is prepared to introduce further measures if needed to ensure a sustainable and stable property market.

'Our property cooling measures have also moderated the rate of price increase and curbed short term speculation in non-private land housing,' said Mr Khaw.

Price increases for private housing have been trending down for eight consecutive quarters to 1.3 per cent in 3Q2011 from the previous quarter, he added.

Mr Khaw highlighted that there are still 39,000 unsold non-landed private housing out in the market, which is equivalent to more than two years of demand.

Some illogics:
1. How does almost 30% buyers of non-landed properties not contributed to rising prices?
2. How does HDB reserved re-sale HDB units primarily for Singaporeans? PRs are as free to buy re-sale HDB units as Singaporeans.

I already expected that MND won't curb foreigners' purchase of properties in Singapore. Only offered to allow Singaporeans to buy condos, but yet offerred PRs to buy subsidised HDBs and condos :mad:

DaytonaSS
22-11-11, 23:35
Some illogics:
1. How does almost 30% buyers of non-landed properties not contributed to rising prices?
2. How does HDB reserved re-sale HDB units primarily for Singaporeans? PRs are as free to buy re-sale HDB units as Singaporeans.

I already expected that MND won't curb foreigners' purchase of properties in Singapore. Only offered to allow Singaporeans to buy condos, but yet offerred PRs to buy subsidised HDBs and condos :mad:

qn no 2... sales of resale HDB also got quota one. Once PR quota hit, the remaining HDB is that area can only sell to Singaporean. As per shared with me by a friend whom just sold his HDB.

hyenergix
22-11-11, 23:45
qn no 2... sales of resale HDB also got quota one. Once PR quota hit, the remaining HDB is that area can only sell to Singaporean. As per shared with me by a friend whom just sold his HDB.

1. That is not call reserved primarily for Singaporeans. This could be similar to the racial quota that prevents clustering of certain groups that might give rise to social unrest or overthrowing the government.

2. Do you know the quota and the boundary of the area? I'm pretty sure the quota for PR is quite high in certain areas, with both quota and boundary adjustable periodically.

ysyap
23-11-11, 06:45
Some illogics:

I already expected that MND won't curb foreigners' purchase of properties in Singapore. Only offered to allow Singaporeans to buy condos, but yet offerred PRs to buy subsidised HDBs and condos :mad:No need to offer to buy condos. Anyone with cash can buy liao. They are only trying to channel locals to the more expensive housing so that they can welcome foreigners with cheaper housing. :cool: Its called strategy!

BTOs will be ready in 3 to 4 years and these will pacify locals already for next couple of years so govt will naturally try to attract locals to sell their hdb resale so can take care of foreigners abit lah! :scared-4:

kane
23-11-11, 07:18
You have FEO warehousing units from donkey years ago selling them slowly so how many others are like them that contribute to the 30+k unsold units.

ysyap
23-11-11, 08:57
You have FEO warehousing units from donkey years ago selling them slowly so how many others are like them that contribute to the 30+k unsold units.There are many projects currently not TOP which has many unsold units all across the island along with some TOP projects with also unsold units! :scared-3:

Worsty
23-11-11, 09:04
There are many projects currently not TOP which has many unsold units all across the island along with some TOP projects with also unsold units! :scared-3:

Would it matter if it's sold and unleased/not for home stay vs unsold? One is developer 'ta' the opportunity cost another is the buyer.

devilplate
23-11-11, 09:11
There are many projects currently not TOP which has many unsold units all across the island along with some TOP projects with also unsold units! :scared-3:

quickly dump ur units to me at 30% discount b4 its too late hehehe

dmonddd
23-11-11, 12:32
quickly dump ur units to me at 30% discount b4 its too late hehehe
Buddy you have so many inputs.

Not voting? I know my basis for putting 20%

devilplate
23-11-11, 12:34
Buddy you have so many inputs.

Not voting? I know my basis for putting 20%
i told u oredi lor

i dun make any prediction/forecast

i go with the trend/flow which defined by my own standards/feel

the world is ever changing....wats the point of making a prediction for 2 yrs down the road?

greenhorn
23-11-11, 12:48
Yes, example is La Dolce Vita. Only 50% take-up rate after so long on the market. The project not appealing or over-priced or what? You bought a unit there? You recon the prices to be slashed soon esp nearer to TOP?

dmonddd
23-11-11, 12:59
i told u oredi lor

i dun make any prediction/forecast

i go with the trend/flow which defined by my own standards/feel

the world is ever changing....wats the point of making a prediction for 2 yrs down the road?
Oic herder and feeler. Great talking to you mate

gn108
23-11-11, 13:39
Which are the other projects with left over?

Foresta (d4) - 11 units left out of 140
Coralis (d16) - 18 left /100+
Suites@East Coast - 20 left / 118

all started marketing for awhile - no more momentum...
Agents all look sianz liao over at these locations ...can offer cheque liao ...lol

ysyap
23-11-11, 14:36
quickly dump ur units to me at 30% discount b4 its too late heheheWas replying Kane, not panic... 8@W gonna TOP very soon huh? Congrats! :cheers4:

ysyap
23-11-11, 14:40
Yes, example is La Dolce Vita. Only 50% take-up rate after so long on the market. The project not appealing or over-priced or what? You bought a unit there? You recon the prices to be slashed soon esp nearer to TOP?Still trying to figure out the developer... totally not eager to sell their units. Don't even have a showflat right from the beginning... Taking it real real slow... by the look of things, since they are not eager to sell off remaining units, maybe they will just have a new launch only after TOP and follow the market value of those units then... If they want to sell off, they would have slashed the project long time ago! :cool:

This project may not appeal very much coz the unit sizes are relatively huge compared to other projects. 12xx to 14xx sq ft for a 3 bedder therefore more expensive lor... maybe next time when MM no longer appeal, then this project will take off, LOL!

devilplate
23-11-11, 15:09

Agents all look sianz liao over at these locations ...can offer cheque liao ...lol
Coralis left wif which type of units..... Asking psf?

edwinleeap
23-11-11, 15:11
Still trying to figure out the developer... totally not eager to sell their units. Don't even have a showflat right from the beginning... Taking it real real slow... by the look of things, since they are not eager to sell off remaining units, maybe they will just have a new launch only after TOP and follow the market value of those units then... If they want to sell off, they would have slashed the project long time ago! :cool:

This project may not appeal very much coz the unit sizes are relatively huge compared to other projects. 12xx to 14xx sq ft for a 3 bedder therefore more expensive lor... maybe next time when MM no longer appeal, then this project will take off, LOL!

Agree with you. I once offered cheque to developer for a penthouse unit there. Was rejected. The developer is simply not worried about not selling. Actually the project is of walkable distance to Bartley MRT, has a plot ratio that does not seem to have fully utilised the GFA. Very wierd project.

devilplate
23-11-11, 15:11
Still trying to figure out the developer... totally not eager to sell their units. Don't even have a showflat right from the beginning... Taking it real real slow... by the look of things, since they are not eager to sell off remaining units, maybe they will just have a new launch only after TOP and follow the market value of those units then... If they want to sell off, they would have slashed the project long time ago! :cool:

Px drop to 8xxpsf for 12xxsqft 3bdr den will become popular

ysyap
23-11-11, 15:19
Px drop to 8xxpsf for 12xxsqft 3bdr den will become popularIn today's market, FH near MRT for $8xxpsf, I'll buy 2 units man! :cheers3: Even Minton is asking $8xxpsf too. :cool: Can try Cherryhill. FH also asking $8xx psf for a 18 yr old project! :)

Btw, think the 12xx sq ft units are sold out (can't confirm). Only subsale remains! :)

ysyap
23-11-11, 15:21
Agree with you. I once offered cheque to developer for a penthouse unit there. Was rejected. The developer is simply not worried about not selling. Actually the project is of walkable distance to Bartley MRT, has a plot ratio that does not seem to have fully utilised the GFA. Very wierd project.Yes walkable to Bartley MRT. 5 mins to MRT but about 8 mins from MRT coz got slope! :cool:

devilplate
23-11-11, 15:28
In today's market, FH near MRT for $8xxpsf, I'll buy 2 units man! :cheers3: Even Minton is asking $8xxpsf too. :cool: Can try Cherryhill. FH also asking $8xx psf for a 18 yr old project! :)

Btw, think the 12xx sq ft units are sold out (can't confirm). Only subsale remains! :)
Relax....ok pretty gd project :)

devilplate
23-11-11, 15:32
Yes walkable to Bartley MRT. 5 mins to MRT but about 8 mins from MRT coz got slope! :cool:
How u cut across to bartley mrt? Walk along how sun dr?

09, got a nicely renovated 2bdr at crystal de azure selling for 6xxpsf only....but the mrt like so near and yet so far.....i had a very gd workout hehe

buttercarp
23-11-11, 17:04
Oasis@mulberry the developer also take own sweet time to sell. I think it's been 6-7 years since the project TOPed but there are a few units left. The agent said that each transacted price has to be higher than the last cycle.

DaytonaSS
24-11-11, 23:19
Singapore a property hotspot for Malaysian investors

Posted by luxuryasiahome (http://lushhomemedia.com/author/luxuryasiahome/) ⋅ November 23, 2011 ⋅ Leave a Comment (http://lushhomemedia.com/2011/11/23/singapore-a-property-hotspot-for-malaysian-investors/#respond)
Filed Under Singapore Property (http://lushhomemedia.com/tag/singapore-property/)
More Malaysians are looking to invest abroad, with Singapore as a hot property destination, according to Malaysia’s leading property portal, HomeGuru, in its latest quarterly consumer sentiment survey.
24 percent of the over 2,800 respondents expressed interest in investing overseas, with Singapore, Australia, the UK, India and Indonesia as the top five preferred destinations.
Meanwhile, more property seekers in Malaysia have become optimistic towards housing affordability in the country.

“HomeGuru, via the Q3 Sentiment Survey, has discovered that there is a 10 percent decline in respondents who believe that property in Malaysia is too expensive, indicating that buyers are more confident about being able to afford property purchases,” said Steven Tan, Country Manager of HomeGuru.

While the 1Malaysia Housing Programme (PR1MA) has garnered positive feedback, 63 percent of respondents feel all property types in Malaysia are expensive, compared to 73 percent in Q2.

An average of 27 percent believed bungalows, terrace / link houses, apartments / condominiums, townhouses and SOHO (small office home office) units are affordable, while 78 percent felt bungalows are very expensive.

ysyap
25-11-11, 09:58
How u cut across to bartley mrt? Walk along how sun dr?

09, got a nicely renovated 2bdr at crystal de azure selling for 6xxpsf only....but the mrt like so near and yet so far.....i had a very gd workout heheYup... the rear gate opens up to How Sun Drive... ;) Min workout to MRT but max workout back fr MRT. :scared-3:

dmonddd
25-11-11, 20:31

From developer?
Not to forget there's resale market

dmonddd
26-11-11, 08:43
how many projects advertised in today's straits times

> 15

or >20

who knows the market better? developer or you all?
so the china developers offloading stocks are in the same line of thought with spore developers

secure cashflows

if property prices are to remain flat or on uptrend why Capitaland do a large number of units launch on 1st launch?

usual le - 100 out of 500 in 1st launch.....

teddybear
26-11-11, 09:01
Are you saying CDL so stupid, since know property market so well yet still sell Livia at such cheap price near property market bottom?

Well, not just CDL, almost all developers launch & sold properties at & near property market bottom (except SC Global)! So you should just only listen to SC Global boss Simon Cheong what he said: Buy Orchard road area properties & don't sell, seriously undervalued! :D

> 15

or >20

so the china developers offloading stocks are in the same line of thought with spore developers

secure cashflows

if property prices are to remain flat or on uptrend why Capitaland do a large number of units launch on 1st launch?

dmonddd
26-11-11, 09:18
Huh..no one loves to be stuffed with words

who sees this is as bottom?
where's the bottom = now? last 2 years? next 2 years?

we have so many so-called experts here who have no clue what the big boys are doing... some experts i meant

Are you saying CDL so stupid, since know property market so well yet still sell Livia at such cheap price near property market bottom?

Well, not just CDL, almost all developers launch & sold properties at & near property market bottom (except SC Global)! So you should just only listen to SC Global boss Simon Cheong what he said: Buy Orchard road area properties & don't sell, seriously undervalued! :D

devilplate
26-11-11, 09:22
remember developers is answerable to their shareholders lah

every mth nid to sell smthing wat......dun advertise big big den wat u suggest them to do? launch liao keep quiet and stay low profile? LOL

car ads also tons!!!

devilplate
26-11-11, 09:24
if u been thru every up cycle....u will noe there r always tons of condo ads

developers always rush to profit out of up cycle....no brainer la

dmonddd
26-11-11, 09:27
small developers- answerable to themselves

bigger developers - it either gahmen or family owned

what's the relation? Huh
am talking about strategy

devilplate
26-11-11, 09:31
developers r human beings.....only Mr B is self professed GOD tat knows everything!!

how to explain why there r 12 bidders for tat chestnut GLS? 4xxpsf ppr somemore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dmonddd
26-11-11, 09:34
yak yak yak everyone here claimed that they have gone through cycles and they see the future....crash 50% some up up and away miss the boat.

to rationalize thoughts, how can above happen?

everyone including gahmens, now taking different steps to counter, learning from past crisis, few tools are same despite how many crisis like interest rate, tax,blah blah.

teddybear
26-11-11, 09:36
Do the big boys know the market and know when is the property market bottom and when is the top? From what you wrote, your reasoning is that they do and believe now is the top because they are pushing out so many condo launches.
However, your reasoning didn't make sense since I also pointed out that they also launch and sold so many condos at rock bottom prices at and near property market bottom. The only one that don't is Simon Cheong. I think based on your reasoning, you must definitely heed Simon Cheong words! He is the one who know when not to sell at market bottom, where to profit the most! :p

Huh..no one loves to be stuffed with words

who sees this is as bottom?
where's the bottom = now? last 2 years? next 2 years?

we have so many so-called experts here who have no clue what the big boys are doing... some experts i meant

Well, not just CDL, almost all developers launch & sold properties at & near property market bottom (except SC Global)! So you should just only listen to SC Global boss Simon Cheong what he said: Buy Orchard road area properties & don't sell, seriously undervalued!

> 15

or >20

secure cashflows

dmonddd
26-11-11, 09:38
wrong wrong wrong

developers are much smarter and crude....supra-profits focused

remember - everything can be sold for a price
what's the bidding price now comparatively?

see queue in shopping complex - great good discounts what about the shop next door...selling cheaper..or more expensive
see queue in LV shop - great limited edition must have...

dmonddd
26-11-11, 09:40
yeah right listen to the chap who just published highest psf project

the lines are there
read between them..firstly some may not know

devilplate
26-11-11, 09:41
if u know the answer and strongly believe in it....y still ask and post questions?

Mr B dun post questions.....

dmonddd
26-11-11, 09:42
someone here smells like agent

few agents and my buddy's told me that resale mkt is quiet and dead
what happens when the market is hot?
similar signs

wonder why?

devilplate
26-11-11, 09:44
someone here is insecure and confused?

teddybear
So now you confirmed that developers selling tons of condos can be at market tops as well market bottoms?

Developers selling tons of condos have nothing to do with property market top or property market bottom right?

Am afraid you need to eat back your words! :p

wrong wrong wrong

developers are much smarter and crude....supra-profits focused

remember - everything can be sold for a price
what's the bidding price now comparatively?

see queue in shopping complex - great good discounts what about the shop next door...selling cheaper..or more expensive
see queue in LV shop - great limited edition must have...

> 15

or >20

secure cashflows

dmonddd
dah....some still dont see..

direct or indirect approach to introduce rational thinking

devilplate
26-11-11, 09:46
y bother to post questions since u r not open to discussions?

disagree wif it says others irrational

a weirdo always tink others r weird?
whahahahha

dmonddd
26-11-11, 09:46
hello....i hope someone is at home

most developers nowadays are launching which segment?

mind your manners. hate those who bold words. in cyberworld they can only make their points and in reality they are otherwise - cyber syndrome.

dmonddd
26-11-11, 09:49
thanks knowing someone who flows....

and see who is being attacked jump in to throw few more punches
i must say some here although annoying have better guts

great work to kick start some sat morning exercises - serious and rational thinking

devilplate
26-11-11, 09:49
free forum

who r u to come here and judge others?

being judgmental? LOL

y get fed up and judgemental? not worth it la

come here tcss nia

like u said all got agendas....tok gd abt market must be agts

only wana hear bad stuff? join Mr B fan club

whahahaha

dmonddd
26-11-11, 09:54
:cutedoggy:

sit boy sit

devilplate
26-11-11, 09:59
someone here getting emo and personal liao

no wonder many suffers from depression nowadays

dmonddd
26-11-11, 10:02
my dog follows
it doesn't think

roll boy roll

can't find a cow icon.MOoooo

aren't all if i see some earlier posts on others

thanks for the fun

devilplate
26-11-11, 10:10
personal attack is one of the symptoms of depression sufferer?

Eastboy
26-11-11, 10:22
Daiwa said 10-20% plunge.

Standard Charted just released their view of 20-30% plunge.

Basic says 50%.

sigh, enough of negativity here....i will go over sgcarmart and look at cars!!!!

devilplate
26-11-11, 10:23
Daiwa said 10-20% plunge.

Standard Charted just released their view of 20-30% plunge.

Basic says 50%.

sigh, enough of negativity here....i will go over sgcarmart and look at cars!!!!
dun ended up buying one hor....hehehe

ikan bilis
26-11-11, 11:00
haha... you 2 hor... cannot tame that big mama bear so keep tekan the baby bear for fun ?!.... :ashamed1: :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...anyway,... weird forum,.... if left with 1x hdb only, also everyone must lelong sell now because property "is going to" crash 50% ??.... :scared-4: :banghead:

Eastboy
26-11-11, 11:10
dun ended up buying one hor....hehehe

hahaha i sold my 7mth old car last week...currently driving my second car....miss my SLK liao :(

devilplate
26-11-11, 11:25
haha... you 2 hor... cannot tame that big mama bear so keep tekan the baby bear for fun ?!.... :ashamed1: :D

...anyway,... weird forum,.... if left with 1x hdb only, also everyone must lelong sell now because property "is going to" crash 50% ??.... :scared-4: :banghead:
big mama bear today still sleeping leh.....MIA....so sianzzzz

sell all and camp at changi beach and join bear bear fan club ;)

ysyap
26-11-11, 12:01
big mama bear today still sleeping leh.....MIA....so sianzzzz

sell all and camp at changi beach and join bear bear fan club ;)Good that you have found a big mama bear to glib talk with you. :D

devilplate
26-11-11, 12:03
Good that you have found a big mama bear to glib talk with you. :D
kinda miss tat bear bear liao
ops....hahahahaha

luckily lunchie time soon....hahahaha

DaytonaSS
26-11-11, 20:01
Saturday, November 26, 2011

Mainland Chinese is largest foreign homebuyers in Q3 2011 (http://sgproptalk.blogspot.com/2011/11/mainland-chinese-is-largest-foreign.html)

Buyers from mainland China continued to snap up private homes in Singapore 's east in the third quarter, pushing up their share of deals, according to a new report from DTZ.

The property firm, which analysed caveats lodged for both new and secondary sales, also found that foreigners bought 18.6% of all private homes that were sold in Q3 - a new high. Foreigners (excluding Singapore PRs) accounted for 16% of all private home sales in Q1 and Q2.

Buyers from mainland China were the biggest group of non-Singaporean (that is, foreigner and Singapore PR) purchasers. They accounted for 30.6% of all private home transactions in Q3, up from 26% in Q1 and Q2.

"Mainland Chinese buyers are increasingly looking to buy properties overseas, including in Singapore, as a result of property cooling measures in China which have led to residential property prices falling in some cities," said DTZ's South-east Asia research head Chua Chor Hoon.

"The predominantly Chinese population, good infrastructure and education system, and the safe and clean environment here make Singapore property an attractive investment option for mainland Chinese investors to park their money or buy a home for their children studying here."

Private homes in the east were most popular with Chinese buyers. Their purchases in teh first nine months in District 15 (Katong, Joo Chiat and Amber Road areas) and 16 (Bedok and Upper East Coast areas) totalled 419 units and made up 21.7% of their total purchases.

Standard Chartered analysts Regina Lim similarly noted in a new report this week that foreigners bought 28% of all mass-market homes (that is, homes that sell for less than $1 million) in the first nine months of this year - higher than the 19% in 2009 and 22% in 2010.

"With volumes and prices staying buoyant despite the weakening economic environment and repeated initiatives by the government to dampen the market this year, we will not be surprised if new measures directed at foreigners are introduced by the government, which in turn could negatively affect home prices, Ms Lim said.

Foreigners' share of all homes bought rose even as overall transaction volume fell.

According to DTZ, transactions of private homes fell to 6,879 units in Q3 2011 - some 24.5% lower than the 9,107 transactions recorded in the previous quarter. The figure was also lower than the average of 8,003 and 9,167 units per quarter in 2009 and 2010 respectively.

DTZ, which downloaded the caveats from URA Realis on Nov 15, also found a larger proportion of buyers with public housing addresses buying private homes with sizes below 1,000sqft, as the overall quantum for such homes is lower and hence attractive to HDB upgraders.
Source: The Business Time

DaytonaSS
26-11-11, 20:08
Landed home prices to fall in some areas after new rules, say analysts

Posted by luxuryasiahome (http://lushhomemedia.com/author/luxuryasiahome/) ⋅ November 26, 2011 ⋅ Leave a Comment (http://lushhomemedia.com/2011/11/26/landed-home-prices-to-fall-in-some-areas-after-new-rules-say-analysts/#respond)
Filed Under Landed Property (http://lushhomemedia.com/tag/landed-property/), Landed Property Prices (http://lushhomemedia.com/tag/landed-property-prices/)
Prices of landed homes in Telok Kurau, Kovan and Joo Chiat could fall by 10 to 20 per cent following the introduction of new rules by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) to limit the number of apartments that can be built in low-density housing areas, property analysts said.
The rules, which kicked in on Thursday, are more likely to affect smaller developers, the analysts said. The plot size for all new flat developments in Singapore must now be at least 1,000 sq m and there is a cap on the number of units that can be built in a project in certain areas to prevent overcrowding.
Homeowners hoping to sell their plots for redevelopment in the areas identified by the URA as “problematic” will be particularly hit, analysts said. According to its circular to professional institutes, the URA named Telok Kurau, Kovan and Joo Chiat/Jalan Eunos estates.
Mr Eugene Lim, key executive officer at property consultancy ERA, said: “Developers are known to pay higher prices for land because they know they can build small units and they can price them at higher per square foot.
“There are now restrictions. You will see developers being less aggressive in their bids and we could possibly see prices for land in these areas coming down by as much as between 10 and 20 per cent.”
With the new requirements, developers will not be able to build as many units on the site. For instance, in the past, a 1,000-sq-m plot would yield about 20 units, but now the developers can build just over 10 units on the same plot.
Because the URA has limited the number of “shoebox” or small units that can be built in a project in order to improve the overall living environment, analysts said developers will now have to rethink their marketing strategy.
“If you are looking at a much larger unit, say about 1,200 sq ft and you are hoping to sell at the same unit price of S$1,000 psf, then you are talking about close to S$1.2 million, as opposed to less than a million kind of quantum. Therefore it may not be easy to sell,” said Ms Chia Siew Chuin, director of Research & Advisory at Colliers International.
But the upside of the new rules is that housing units will be better designed, more spacious and with larger areas for landscaping.
Source : Today – 25 Nov 2011

land118
26-11-11, 20:09
"Buyers from mainland China were the biggest group of non-Singaporean (that is, foreigner and Singapore PR) purchasers. They accounted for 30.6% of all private home transactions in Q3, up from 26% in Q1 and Q2."

PRC continue to prove Mr B wrong...:D

DaytonaSS
26-11-11, 20:10
PRC continue to prove Mr B wrong...:D

maybe their property cui like that will move more buyers oversea to protect or "hide" their wealth

dmonddd
27-11-11, 22:38
i see 'courteous'/'no TC' forums are unattractive -not that many hits

ppl like to see blood shed = human nature

devilplate
27-11-11, 23:13
i see 'courteous'/'no TC' forums are unattractive -not that many hits

ppl like to see blood shed = human nature
Get over it and move on la aiyoyo

dmonddd
27-11-11, 23:16
Yawn... Fly sound zzzzzz. Swat piak

devilplate
27-11-11, 23:24
Yawn... Fly sound zzzzzz. Swat piak
Wow....from doggy to fly

Very creative! ;)

DaytonaSS
28-11-11, 21:32
Home prices resume upscale in Oct

Posted by luxuryasiahome (http://lushhomemedia.com/author/luxuryasiahome/) ⋅ November 28, 2011 ⋅ Leave a Comment (http://lushhomemedia.com/2011/11/28/home-prices-resume-upscale-in-oct/#respond)
Filed Under Singapore Property (http://lushhomemedia.com/tag/singapore-property/), Singapore Property Market (http://lushhomemedia.com/tag/singapore-property-market/), Singapore Property Prices (http://lushhomemedia.com/tag/singapore-property-prices/)
Home prices in Singapore resumed their upward trajectory in October, according to figures from the National University of Singapore (NUS).
The NUS Singapore Residential Price Index (SRPI) rose 0.9 per cent from the previous month, after a decline of 0.1 per cent in September.

The SRPI Small Unit index also rose by 0.9 per cent, after a decline of 3.5 per cent in September.

This index tracks the volatile prices of small units measured at 506 square feet or smaller.

Excluding small units, Singapore home prices in the central region were higher by 1.0 per cent October, a turnaround from the 0.4 per cent fall in September.

In the non-central regions, prices of residential properties increased by 0.8 per cent, after rising 0.1 per cent the previous month.
Source : Channel NewsAsia – 28 Nov 2011

y is the index still up? Anyone?

CCR
29-11-11, 10:59
Excerpt from Sunday Times: The report noted that the number of homes to be launched for sale is similar to that in 2000, when prices plummeted 20 per cent.

As of the third quarter, 37,400 homes are in the pipeline seeking the required pre-requisite conditions to be launched.

This is similar to the 36,400 units in the first quarter of 2008 and the 37,500 units in the second quarter of 2000.

Prices fell 25 per cent in 2009 and 18 per cent in 2001, the report pointed out.

Completions are also expected to peak in 2015 with a staggering 47,000 units built.

This is almost three times the number of private homes developers sold last year, which was itself a record.

The unprecedented supply of new HDB flats - 50,000 in total for this year and next - will also divert buying demand from the private sector.

However, Dr Chua Yang Liang, head of research at Jones Lang LaSalle South-east Asia, noted that the population has expanded by about 2.8 per cent a year over the past 10 years while the number of completed homes has increased by 2.1 per cent a year.

Given the way the growing population has outpaced the housing stock, this has led to a backlog of demand for homes.

CCR
29-11-11, 11:05
as I have mentioned in my other thread...

I think we have a shorfall of at least 70,000 housing units...
And all these BTO and uncompleted projects coming on stream in the next 3 years will only address the shortfall....

If population increase 50k per year (very conservative), new marriages at 15 k per year... then we will need at least 20k units per year from 2014 onwards....

As mentioned, I am neither a bull nor bear now...
Trying to find reasons for the market to drop in SINGAPORE only, but I still cannot find compelling reasons why it will plunge....

Anh other perspective from other forummers?

phantom_opera
29-11-11, 11:09
Initially I thought property price will drop 20% by end of year. After Palette is launched, I halved my expectation to 10% ... after Bedok residences is launched, my hope of drop become 5% ... if UOL bedok reservoir also sell like hotcakes, i think zero drop by end of year

ysyap
29-11-11, 12:40
Initially I thought property price will drop 20% by end of year. After Palette is launched, I halved my expectation to 10% ... after Bedok residences is launched, my hope of drop become 5% ... if UOL bedok reservoir also sell like hotcakes, i think zero drop by end of yearGoing into 2012, will your expectation of price drop enter negative percentage? :D

DaytonaSS
29-11-11, 21:03
S'pore is Asia's safest city, offers highest quality of living: Mercer

By CARINE LEE
Singapore offers the highest quality of living and personal safety among Asian cities, showed a global survey by Mercer, released on Tuesday.
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2011-11-29/spore.jpg (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)In terms of cities with the highest personal safety ranking, Singapore ranked 8, behind European cities The 2011 Quality of Living worldwide city survey found that the city-state is the only Asian city to make the top 25 list, at number 25.
Tokyo came in at 46, while Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul and Taipei, were the other Asian cities that made the top 100 at positions 70, 76, 80 and 85 respectively. European cities represent over half the cities amongst the top 25 in the ranking, with Vienna, Austria taking the top spot.
In terms of cities with the highest personal safety ranking, Singapore ranked 8, behind European cities. The region's lowest-ranking city for personal safety was Karachi, Pakistan, at 216.
The Mercer report notes that many Asian cities rank at the bottom, due to social instability, political turmoil, pollution, disease and sanitation issues, natural disasters such as typhoons and tsunamis, and lack of suitable infrastructure.
Globally, Luxembourg topped the personal safety ranking, and Baghdad, at 221, is the world's least safe city.
Personal safety rankings were based on internal stability, crime levels, law enforcement effectiveness and the host country's international relations.
Mercer said that the survey - ranked against New York as the base city - provides valuable information and hardship premium recommendations for major cities throughout the world, helping governments and multi-national companies compensate employees fairly when placing them on international assignments.

DaytonaSS
29-11-11, 21:04
November 29, 2011, 3.33 pm (Singapore time)
HK proposes law on new-home sales

HONG KONG - Hong Kong has proposed a new law that will slap fines and jail terms on developers that mislead buyers of new homes.
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2011-11-29/hk.jpg (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)Under the proposed rules, developers would have to make a sales brochure on each property available at least seven days before sales begin The government on Tuesday kicked off a two-month consultation period on the new law, which it hopes to introduce to the Legislative Council in the first quarter of next year.
'There are consumer protections on other areas, and there should be similar protections on selling properties,' Eva Cheng, the secretary for transport and housing, said as she called for improved transparency, as she unveiled the proposed law. 'It has to be done, and there is never a better time.'
Ms Cheng said the current slump in property prices in Hong Kong does not affect the government's motivation to put new rules in place. A steering committee has been working on the rule changes over the past year. The new law would govern all first-hand projects, whether completed or sold off-plan.

The maximum penalty for misleading the public would be a fine of HK$5 million and seven years in prison. Minor breaches would be punished by a fine of around HK$100,000.

Under the proposed rules, developers would have to make a sales brochure on each property available at least seven days before sales begin. The brochure would list the property's address and the neighborhood it is in. The brochure would also have to provide the saleable area of the property, and would not be allowed to contain artist's impressions of the development.

Residential property in Hong Kong has traditionally been priced and promoted based on gross floor area, not the net area.
But consumers have complained about misleading practices from developers, who often include an apportionment of public areas such as lift lobbies, electricity plants and clubhouses in the gross floor area of a flat.
Ms Cheng admitted current legislation on new-home sales is insufficient.
'We agree the current measures are not sufficient,' she said, adding that the new rules are a top priority for her bureau in the coming year. 'The public is rightly concerned about the sale of first-hand properties,' she said.

The saleable area is the floor area of the residential property itself, including any verandah or utility platform, but excluding bay windows and public parts of a development.

Developers would also be required to provide a price list for the development at least three calendar days before it goes on sale.
With the government cracking down on property speculation in Hong Kong, transactions have stalled and prices weakened.
Edward Farrelly, the director of research for Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan at brokerage CBRE, expects residential prices to fall 20 per cent over the next year.

The new rules will have an impact, he said. 'I think there's a lot of good in getting more transparency into the market,' he said. 'It remains to be seen how the secondary market responds.'
New home prices will likely rise as a result of developers building extra costs into their baseline price, Mr Farrelly said.

But they may not be able to push through that kind of increase in the current market.
'Developers will try to resist a major hit on their margin,' he said. 'However, if the market is faced with a downturn, they may have to accept lower margins.'

Andrew Lawrence, the Hong Kong property analyst at Barclays Capital, has forecast a decline of 25 to 30 per cent in Hong Kong property prices, assuming the former British colony pulls off a soft landing. The drop would rise to 35 to 45 per cent in case of a hard landing, Mr Lawrence predicts.

His favourite pick in the sector isCheung Kong, run by Hong Kong tycoon Li Ka-shing, since the company has been deleveraging its balance sheet over the last 24 months. That should allow it to buy assets at the bottom of the cycle, he said.
Cheung Kong is Hong Kong's second-largest developer by market capitalisation, behind Sun Hung Kai Properties.
By contrast, Sun Hung Kai, the world's second-biggest developer by market capitalisation, is relatively highly geared, Mr Lawrence said. It and Henderson Land have the potential to need to issue fresh equity in the future, he said. -- REUTERS

DaytonaSS
29-11-11, 21:12
HK's used-home sales hit record low

(HONG KONG) Hong Kong's used-home sales at the 10 largest residential estates fell to six over the weekend, the lowest level since records began in 2007 excluding Chinese New Year holidays, Samsung Securities Co said, citing Midland Holdings Ltd.
For the first time since 2009, launched prices for primary units dropped below secondary comparables, Samsung analysts led by Wee Liat Lee wrote in a report yesterday. Cheung Kong Holdings Ltd released 281 units for sale at Festival City III at HK$8,100 (S$1,349) per square foot for cash buyers, 3 per cent less than the recent secondary transacted prices of Festival City I & II, and sold 170 units.
A total of 390 new homes were sold over the weekend, exceeding the 75 units sold the previous weekend, Samsung Securities said. Developers are going to 'churn' sales through measures such as price cuts and raising commissions, it said. 'The good news is that potential buyers are responding positively. We believe a 10-15 per cent price drop next year is baked into developer share prices. The bigger worry is for a steeper price decline.' - Bloomberg

kane
29-11-11, 21:47
HK's used-home sales hit record low

(HONG KONG) Hong Kong's used-home sales at the 10 largest residential estates fell to six over the weekend, the lowest level since records began in 2007 excluding Chinese New Year holidays, Samsung Securities Co said, citing Midland Holdings Ltd.
For the first time since 2009, launched prices for primary units dropped below secondary comparables, Samsung analysts led by Wee Liat Lee wrote in a report yesterday. Cheung Kong Holdings Ltd released 281 units for sale at Festival City III at HK$8,100 (S$1,349) per square foot for cash buyers, 3 per cent less than the recent secondary transacted prices of Festival City I & II, and sold 170 units.
A total of 390 new homes were sold over the weekend, exceeding the 75 units sold the previous weekend, Samsung Securities said. Developers are going to 'churn' sales through measures such as price cuts and raising commissions, it said. 'The good news is that potential buyers are responding positively. We believe a 10-15 per cent price drop next year is baked into developer share prices. The bigger worry is for a steeper price decline.' - Bloomberg

what do they mean by cash buyers? they referring to those who pay full cash rather than take a mortgage loan? so if they don't pay cash, what is the price then?

amk
29-11-11, 22:16
what do they mean by cash buyers? they referring to those who pay full cash rather than take a mortgage loan? so if they don't pay cash, what is the price then?

Yes full cash buyer no loan. If with loan price higher.
Full cash also got difference. Within 3 weeks, or half a year, or 288 days. All got diff discount.

For the LKS project, the price is higher than phase 1/2 new, close to resale. A bit like the waterfront phases here.

kane
29-11-11, 22:25
Full cash also got difference. Within 3 weeks, or half a year, or 288 days. All got diff discount.

For the LKS project, the price is higher than phase 1/2 new, close to resale. A bit like the waterfront phases here.

i wonder do they mean resale or subsale, cos our resale is easily 25-35% cheaper than new sale at any point in time.

devilplate
29-11-11, 22:42
i wonder do they mean resale or subsale, cos our resale is easily 25-35% cheaper than new sale at any point in time.
Not now bro....some resale r higher den new launches now.....livia vs palette....psf abt the same but higher quantum hor.....

Parc vera psf also vy close to resale ec and condo nearby

devilplate
29-11-11, 22:43

U mean HK new launches always been cheaper den newly TOPed ones? I tot opposite....

kane
29-11-11, 22:49
Not now bro....some resale r higher den new launches now.....livia vs palette....psf abt the same but higher quantum hor.....

Parc vera psf also vy close to resale ec and condo nearby

I see, i'm looking at different area then, if new sale price falls to resale price. Mai tu liao.

Eastboy
29-11-11, 23:28
I see, i'm looking at different area then, if new sale price falls to resale price. Mai tu liao.

Yup a lot of good prices I feel. I think must be cool-headed and not let market volatility stop someone from making a rational purchase. However, for new launches, always go for the best facing/layout and of course, price. Yes prices will correct, can still shop....but once you feel good about it, Mai tu Liao! :p

ikan bilis
30-11-11, 07:27
someone post this news on cna side... let's say average 600K/20yr=30K/yr... chinese alone could makan 5-10K HDB per year... :scared-4: :scared-5:

学者研究称近二十年新加坡中国新移民约60万
2011年11月29日 17:48 中国新闻网微博

中新社上海11月29日电 (记者 张冬冬) 中国大陆著名华侨华人问题专家庄国土29日在此间介绍说,根据研究团队成员谢美华最新研究,近二十年间,进 入新加坡的中国“移民潮”逐渐加速,总量约50-60万,约占新加坡总人口的10-12%。

中国国务院侨办29日在上海举办“第二届中国侨务论坛”。国务院侨办专家咨询委员会委员、厦门大学南洋 研究院院长庄国土在大会上作题为“华侨华人分布状况与发展趋势”的发言时作上述表示。

“新加坡历史上即是中国移民的主要目的地之一。”庄国土就此接受中新社记者专访时表示,1990年代以 来,中国大陆移民开始大规模进入新加坡。尤其是近10年,每年均有数万中国人以各种移民途径进入新加坡,其 数量可能居新加坡移民之首。

庄国土表示,近30年来,新加坡政府为了弥补因低生育率导致的人口数量不足、平衡种族结构和发展高新产 业,采取大规模引进高素质移民的国策,成功招徕以华人为主的大批净移民,总数可达164万,最主要的华人移 民来源地是马来西亚和中国。

他指出,中国新移民是在1990年中新建交以后大规模流入新加坡,呈增速加快之势,总量可 能在50-60万之间,约占新加坡总人口的10-12%。在1990-2000年的10年间,中国新移民数超过23万;在2001-2009年新加坡接受的华人移民中,来自中国的移民至少30万以上。

谈及进入新加坡的中国大陆移民类型,庄国土认为大约有四种:一是高端专业人才和留学生,二是普通技术人 才移民,三是投资移民,四是劳务人员。除上述移民类型之外,还有部分婚姻移民、非法移民和自雇 移民等。

庄国土还指出,2007年,新加坡政府公布了到2030年的国家发展蓝图,届时,新加坡总人口要达到6 50万。以新加坡的低人口出生率,要达到如此人口规模,只有大批引入移民。如果新加坡政府仍要维持华族占7 5%的既定比例,则到2030年,新加坡须吸收华人净移民120万人。

他说:“考虑到当前马来西亚华人的低出生率及新加坡近10年来并非马来西亚华人的最主要移民目的地,则 中国将仍是新加坡吸收华人移民的主要来源地。”(完)

amk
30-11-11, 13:03
U mean HK new launches always been cheaper den newly TOPed ones? I tot opposite....

no, I mean the current LKS launch 盛世 is slightly below current resale of phase 1/2.

yes HK new sales usually are higher than resale by as much as 20%. but now HK resale volume is already worse than SARS, developers are trying to grab all buyers to new launch. hence the below resale price for 盛世

DaytonaSS
30-11-11, 22:19
Top central banks move to avoid global liquidity crunch

WASHINGTON - Central banks from the world's leading developed economies said on Wednesday they will take coordinated steps to prevent a lack of liquidity in the global financial system.
The US Federal Reserve, the European Central Bank and the central banks of Canada, Britain, Japan and Switzerland said in a joint statement they had agreed to lower the cost of existing dollar swap lines by 50 basis points from Dec 5, as well as take other measures. -- REUTERS

market anyhow fly? touching 12k points again.

CCR
30-11-11, 22:23
Property prices going up by 50% in 2-3 years time 70,000 units shortfall in SIN over the last ten years..... Dont basically make the same mistake

kane
30-11-11, 22:27
Top central banks move to avoid global liquidity crunch

WASHINGTON - Central banks from the world's leading developed economies said on Wednesday they will take coordinated steps to prevent a lack of liquidity in the global financial system.
The US Federal Reserve, the European Central Bank and the central banks of Canada, Britain, Japan and Switzerland said in a joint statement they had agreed to lower the cost of existing dollar swap lines by 50 basis points from Dec 5, as well as take other measures. -- REUTERS

market anyhow fly? touching 12k points again.

one small announcement and this market shoots 400pts, and we're back at 12,000. this is worse than baccarat.

devilplate
30-11-11, 22:31
one small announcement and this market shoots 400pts, and we're back at 12,000. this is worse than baccarat.
Shorties like mr b kena big time....Super panicky liao

Very evident from his rapid cut and paste.....whahahha

kane
30-11-11, 22:33
Shorties like mr b kena big time....Super panicky liao

Very evident from his rapid cut and paste.....whahahha

the knee jerk reaction just goes to show how unconvicted the shorts are in this market.

radha08
01-12-11, 00:21
window dressing end of month...:rolleyes:

kane
01-12-11, 07:49
This one day dress up fried a lot of Shorties. In one breath, push about 12,000. Just cannot afford to be caught on the wrong side of the swing.

ysyap
01-12-11, 09:09
Wet backside liao! :cheers1:

DaytonaSS
01-12-11, 09:17
This one day dress up fried a lot of Shorties. In one breath, push about 12,000. Just cannot afford to be caught on the wrong side of the swing.

shorties lost is unlimited, better dont play with fire. In today's financial world, the swing is so big. 1 news come out can KO any shorties.

DaytonaSS
01-12-11, 09:24
European shares rise on cenbank liquidity boost

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:10pm EST

* FTSEurofirst 300 rises 3.6 pct
* Risk assets boosted by central banks' cash pledge
* Basic resources lead gainers as commodities surge
By Francesco Canepa

LONDON, Nov 30 (Reuters) - European shares rallied in tandem with other risk assets on Wednesday after leading central banks announced joint action to inject liquidity into financial markets strained by the euro zone's debt crisis.

Banks and other cyclical stocks were among the top gainers, with the STOXX Europe 600 Banks index and Basic Resources index both up more than 4 percent by the close.

Driving the rally was a coordinated move by the U.S. Federal Reserve, the European Central Bank and the central banks of Canada, Britain, Japan (http://www.reuters.com/places/japan) and Switzerland to lower the cost of existing dollar swap lines to prevent a liquidity squeeze.

"It gives an indication that monetary authorities are prepared to do what is required to stop a freeze-up in the funding markets," Michael Hewson, market analyst at CMC Market, said.

As a result, the FTSEurostocks 300 rose 3.6 percent in its fourth consecutive day of gains, climbing back to levels not seen since mid-November.

The index had begun recovering early losses after China (http://www.reuters.com/places/china), the world's second-biggest economy and the largest metals user, moved to ease bank reserve ratios for the first time in nearly three years to shore up economic growth, boosting basic resources shares.

ArcelorMittal, the world's largest steel producer, topped the gainers' chart, rising 11 percent, with Antofagasta up 9.2 percent as risk-hungry investors piled into cyclical commodities, such as copper, which rose over 5 percent by the European close.
Providing further support to the market, the latest U.S. economic data suggested the world's largest economy was making progress in its path toward recovery.
The U.S. private sector added the most jobs in nearly a year in November, while business activity in the U.S. Midwest grew faster than expected in November. and
In a sign investor sentiment improved, the Euro STOXX 50 volatility index, Europe's main fear gauge, ended 4.1 lower after hitting a one-month trough in afternoon trade.

BANKS BOOSTED
The prospect of a global liquidity injection supported banks, which had borne the brunt of recent tensions in the funding markets, caused by the euro zone (http://www.reuters.com/subjects/euro-zone) debt crisis and exacerbated by the introduction of more stringent capital requirements.

"It helpsmargins because you make it cheaper for them to borrow U.S. dollar liquidity but if that's all we're going to get, we're not going to solve the problem," Credit Suisse strategist Christel Aranda-Hassel said.

She called for the European Central Bank to bring its interest rate to zero and launch a fully fledged quantitative easing programme to ease pressure on lenders and sovereigns.

Her calls for ECB intervention are shared by the majority of economists and bond strategists, according to a Reuters poll showing that 16 out of 25 analysts surveyed said they expected the central bank would eventually move to act as a backstop for governments and the euro zone financial system.

"We still think the ECB will print money in the end. It makes you wonder what the Germans need to see before (backing the move)", said Andrea Williams, a fund manager at Royal London Asset Management.

Williams is "overweight" basic resources stocks on expectations growth in emerging markets will drive demand, while she maintains an "underweight" stance on banks pending greater visibility on the euro zone's debt crisis.
"In Italy (http://www.reuters.com/places/italy) and Spain, banks have an awful lot of refinancing to do in the first quarter of next year and January is quite a big part of that. If they really struggle then, that might finally be the final catalyst for (the ECB) to do something."

DaytonaSS
03-12-11, 08:58
good morning bros!! Its a beautiful morning here in Singapore! cherish the day n bring your wife/husband & kids out for a family day and enjoy the day!

dmonddd
03-12-11, 10:12
most gahmens back on mopping up liquidity from market to ensure their coffers sustainable and higher amount to cover payback of loans/redemption of bonds.

Ministry of finance indonesia issuing more bonds in 2012. Heavy redemption next year 2012.

Was in China ...spending scene slowed compared to what i saw last year. restaurants packed with youngsters and noted that most paid bills with cards.

restaurants are not extremely packed.
usual ppl on street asking for RMB
unlike other countries, buyers stormed developers' office for offloading condos at discounts. developers will continue but probably if i were them i will beef up security - sell remaining condos at lower price but hire 200 guards

read one article of some US firms moving facilities back to US away from china and demand for some products is in US.

union in US has come down to reality but china (like US) will graduate, from irrational to a professional union. china is still at point A now..

protest and strikes are pressuring with inflation. Although the chinese gahmen now allow banks maintain lower capital requirements, banks as usual kia si...will not fill the gap if the underground banks run. public still have difficulties accessing liquidity through banks..banker friend said they will not take the risk to protect their jobs

same in HK...everyone is protecting their job and being less aggressive.
same for owners cost cutting lower sales less purchases.....

back to days when CASH is King

looks like all gahmens slashing rates across the world
a step to lower base should there be pressures to increase rates. bring it down to X-50bps and if global pressures to increase rates by 25bps Q1 2012, rate bounces back X-25bps from earlier base.
make sense to manage expectations. instead of no cut and if pressures are there to increase, rate will climb to X+25bps

slowing down effect as 2012 is the year how not to lose your job
what are the secrets...one of them - dont let the boss sees you or knows that you are around...otherwise he will realise that he now have another head to chop.