PDA

View Full Version : Singapore's pte property landscape in 2020

hyenergix
26-11-11, 20:53
All prophets come in to share what you see in 2020!

DaytonaSS
26-11-11, 21:09
can dont see so far or not, eye very tiring.....

buttercarp
26-11-11, 21:21

See far, can relax eyes.
Vision 2020 (wawasan 2020).

hyenergix
26-11-11, 21:30
Resting on the following assumptions:

1. The world's economy has recovered by 2012
2. Oil price increased to US$200 per barrel
3. Singapore's population increased to 6 million
4. Further announcements of new MRT lines
5. Government has successfully created more business districts in OCR

Prophecies for pte condos:

1. All new launches will be compact type
2. FH/999LH OCR or 99LH OCR condos near MRT stations generally will be launched at least $1800 psf
3. >50% buyers of new launches will be foreigners or PRs
4. Many OCR condos will cost more than CCR/RCR condos

Please feel free to add or discuss :cool:

buttercarp
26-11-11, 21:35
More foreigners convert to Singapore citizen.
Prices of landed esp 999y and FH will increase exponentially.

Since we have new air con garden, who knows, the whole island may be airconed by then?:p

azeoprop
26-11-11, 21:41
HDB 1mil is normal
ulu 99yr private 1000psf is minimum
ERP everywhere
Bak chor mee and chicken rice in hawker centre smallest size $6
Taxi boarding charge $6
GST 10%
...and everybody tied down with 50yrs loan and have to work like a dog till old age.

:(

Eastboy
26-11-11, 21:46
BASICally in 2020:

China shadow-banking debt impodes, severe slowdown;
Heightened political tensions as US, China and EU fight for share of the emerging market --> uncertainties of a war breaking out;
natural disasters due to global warming, tsunami wiping out coastal cities;
New strain of H2N2 causing fatalities round the globe...

Hence,

Depression, deflation, all the house values reduces >80%, all you left with is a title deed that nobody even wants....who would want to buy ILLIQUID property then?

:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

azeoprop
26-11-11, 21:51
Daily floating bodies in Bedok Reservoir if that happens.... :scared-3:

devilplate
26-11-11, 21:54
Use telescope la....hehe

devilplate
26-11-11, 21:56
Daily floating bodies in Bedok Reservoir if that happens.... :scared-3:
Due to global warming, all reservoirs dries up by 2020

Akira Fudou
26-11-11, 21:57
everything end in 2012...

devilplate
26-11-11, 21:58
Wonder wat will be my post count by 2020?

dmonddd
26-11-11, 22:00
i must say this thread will be a challenge
we need crystal balls and ppl must have balls to forecast. although no one will pu tui that person for errors, only haul curses and swears if bearish and good brudder if bullish on views.

why? we cannot even firm up views for next 1-2 years....don't talk about a 9-year horizon. too far out...

6-9 mths, 9-12 mths probably possible

stack these timelines against reports due...like employment rate, US debt payment dates, which gahmen has chunky loans due and when....central banks meetings, elections dates, economic data announcement dates...

negative outcome down market point -1, positive news up market point +1

a balanced view like analyst but in a simpler approach

Jonathan0503
26-11-11, 22:11

Huh, why will OCR condos cost more than CCR/RCR leh?

U mean in future people prefer to stay in OCR than CCR?

richwang
26-11-11, 22:34
WW III will have just been over in Year 2020. If you take a look at Spain where 45% youngsters are unemployed now, fighting a war might be a decent job!
Singapore will have amazingly benefited due to its neutral stand. Big giants all turn to Singapore to ask for judgement. Just look at Swissland, you will know that giants will loss more by attacking Singapore. There are 100+ countries' interests here. So it's best to leave Singapore untouched.

Singapore is too small to fail!

Thanks,
Richard
PS. Buy property when everyone agrees with BASIC.

buttercarp
26-11-11, 22:40
WW III will have just been over in Year 2020. If you take a look at Spain where 45% youngsters are unemployed now, fighting a war might be a decent job!
Singapore will have amazingly benefited due to its neutral stand. Big giants all turn to Singapore to ask for judgement. Just look at Swissland, you will know that giants will loss more by attacking Singapore. There are 100+ countries' interests here. So it's best to leave Singapore untouched.

Thanks,
Richard

Richwang, I like your prediction, not the WWIII part though.
That means the world will have BASIC understanding to leave Singapore untouched!:p

devilplate
26-11-11, 22:40

Thanks,
Richard
can explain further? Y lose more by atk sg?

devilplate
26-11-11, 22:42
Richwang, I like your prediction, and hope it comes true.
That means the world will have BASIC understanding to leave Singapore untouched!:p
Wah piang....basic is rite! I dun haf basic common sense arrrrr....

Y hoping for ww3? Wah liuuuu

World peace!

ikan bilis
26-11-11, 22:44
Due to global warming, all reservoirs dries up by 2020

you ok?... should be whole sgp flooded... :sleep:

devilplate
26-11-11, 22:50
you ok?... should be whole sgp flooded... :sleep:
2020 leh....

Time will tell...lol

azeoprop
26-11-11, 22:55
Long overdue mega earthquake in Sumatra causing a giant tsunami to submerge Singapore.

2020 Singapore cease to exist. :o

latour
26-11-11, 23:37

1. The world's economy has recovered by 2012

2. FH/999LH OCR or 99LH OCR condos near MRT stations generally will be launched at least $1800 psf
3. >50% buyers of new launches will be foreigners or PRs

Nice... Wat a list.

DaytonaSS
26-11-11, 23:48
Use telescope la....hehe

@.@ huat huat

hyenergix
27-11-11, 07:36

Personal transportation will be very expensive but public transport will be continued to be overwhelmed. Residency will radiate outward from commercial and retail center, that are being de-centralised from CCR.

hyenergix
27-11-11, 07:40
i must say this thread will be a challenge
we need crystal balls and ppl must have balls to forecast. although no one will pu tui that person for errors, only haul curses and swears if bearish and good brudder if bullish on views.

why? we cannot even firm up views for next 1-2 years....don't talk about a 9-year horizon. too far out...

6-9 mths, 9-12 mths probably possible

stack these timelines against reports due...like employment rate, US debt payment dates, which gahmen has chunky loans due and when....central banks meetings, elections dates, economic data announcement dates...

negative outcome down market point -1, positive news up market point +1

a balanced view like analyst but in a simpler approach

When you are climbing up a hill new to you, it is hard to predict where and when you will encounter dips, flat or steep slope in very short timeframe. But generally the trend is upwards if you stretch the timeframe slightly.

dmonddd
27-11-11, 09:21
the uptrend is without a doubt over the years. applies to most countries in asia. inflation, higher salaries.

one smarty pants/skirt already pasted that many times thinking, all are dumbos

the thread is asking abt singapore landscape in 2020.
trying to point out that such thread raised will give hypothetical answers

for the fun and passing time, great thread

the winners in properties market are those who can predict and jump into the market when there are blips....short downtime and out when cycle picks uptrend. so you may have some with different agenda. in stock market you hear market rumors of share price of company A to hit above $10, guy leaking the info may be offloading the stocks himself. You can read from forums that some are of such behavior. sadly these guys have the guts not to be truthful because this is cyberworld

like stock market, when prices spiral down, some will do average price buy, some will wait for bottom to show. but most will not dare to enter as regret if bought at 20% above bottom price....same for selling...aiya missed selling at peak. common to hear - sold and prices went up another30%. Missed the boat when down or up

read the market happenings and looking at the crowd actions - may provide better insights than analysts.

retails shops - do you see them closing more as compared to last year?
SG $ appreciation impact on them....their margins - did they pass the benefits to you like restaurant owners since cheaper to import. prices remain same in restaurant?

When you are climbing up a hill new to you, it is hard to predict where and when you will encounter dips, flat or steep slope in very short timeframe. But generally the trend is upwards if you stretch the timeframe slightly.

hyenergix
27-11-11, 09:44
the uptrend is without a doubt over the years. applies to most countries in asia. inflation, higher salaries.

one smarty pants/skirt already pasted that many times thinking, all are dumbos

the thread is asking abt singapore landscape in 2020.
trying to point out that such thread raised will give hypothetical answers

for the fun and passing time, great thread

the winners in properties market are those who can predict and jump into the market when there are blips....short downtime and out when cycle picks uptrend. so you may have some with different agenda. in stock market you hear market rumors of share price of company A to hit above $10, guy leaking the info may be offloading the stocks himself. You can read from forums that some are of such behavior. sadly these guys have the guts not to be truthful because this is cyberworld

like stock market, when prices spiral down, some will do average price buy, some will wait for bottom to show. but most will not dare to enter as regret if bought at 20% above bottom price....same for selling...aiya missed selling at peak. common to hear - sold and prices went up another30%. Missed the boat when down or up

read the market happenings and looking at the crowd actions - may provide better insights than analysts.

retails shops - do you see them closing more as compared to last year?
SG $ appreciation impact on them....their margins - did they pass the benefits to you like restaurant owners since cheaper to import. prices remain same in restaurant?

Retail shops will continue to evolve. The popularity of Internet shops by 2020 means much keener competitions for those that just import goods and sell. I have more confidence in F&B outlets or those that provide services like hair-cuts or medical treatments, since they are hard to be replaced by Internet shops and big chain stores like NTUC.

I hope to read oracles here! :)

dmonddd
27-11-11, 09:50
no no no when i meant retail shops, do you see a lot of them closed shops and more retail spaces vacant/up for rent? esp in older shopping complexes

some will do data dump to counter above.
but if you speak to some retailers you will hear that it is challenging to sustain business.

F&B retail is always the driver in retail industry but because of singaporeans lifestyle. but do you see chains of restaurants expanding or consolidating their operations?

btw i am not a retailer otherwise i will be having more than 1 bullet

Retail shops will continue to evolve. The popularity of Internet shops by 2020 means much keener competitions for those that just import goods and sell. I have more confidence in F&B outlets or those that provide services like hair-cuts or medical treatments, since they are hard to be replaced by Internet shops and big chain stores like NTUC.

I hope to see oracles here! :)

hyenergix
27-11-11, 10:15
no no no when i meant retail shops, do you see a lot of them closed shops and more retail spaces vacant/up for rent? esp in older shopping complexes

It depends on the BTOs and condos springing up in the vicinity. If none, more retail shops should be closing due to higher rentals.

some will do data dump to counter above.
but if you speak to some retailers you will hear that it is challenging to sustain business.

Buinesses in the next 1-2 years will be challenging, because retrenchments are on the way.

F&B retail is always the driver in retail industry but because of singaporeans lifestyle. but do you see chains of restaurants expanding or consolidating their operations?

Chains should be still expanding, but slower next year. Singaporeans and tourists still like good food.

btw i am not a retailer otherwise i will be having more than 1 bullet

I think it is only for the very seasoned investors, because the dynamics of retail investments are much faster that residential investments. Chances of empty shop for months to years are very real (I still recall the sad state of Shaw House shops when I went there last year).

As above in red text...

richwang
27-11-11, 10:21
MRT will reach JB by 2018 (I guess I have 90% chance to get this right). So here is my feel:

JCR - up up (Peter Lim is investing there)
ICR - up (Temasek is investing there)
OCR - down (in particular north, cannot compete with JCR)
RCR - stable (this is the core Singapore)
CCR - up up (this is kind of offshore Singapore, world class riches will just buy their 2nd, 3rd or nth home there - for their nth girlfriend/boyfriend/children.)

Thanks,
Richard
PS. JCR means the old JB area, ICR means Iskandar area.

devilplate
27-11-11, 10:49
Linking mrt to jb only benefit jb.....i very worried abt the crime rate in sg.....

I am totally against mrt to jb....haizzzz

mcmlxxvi
27-11-11, 11:02
80% of all condo buildings will be green buildings covered by manicured weeds and everyone will be 100m radius of a reservoir where at least one dead body was found.

devilplate
27-11-11, 11:05
80% of all condo buildings will be green buildings covered by manicured weeds and everyone will be 100m radius of a reservoir where at least one dead body was found.
No wonder all dunwan give birth la.....no future.....Omg

ecimbew
27-11-11, 13:01

It has already happened.

dmonddd
27-11-11, 19:59
price of some OCR condo quite close to CCR condo = let's take 2-bedder

in hong kong for e.g. i doubt you see price of a 2-bedder in causeway bay close to mid levels

or in malaysia price of a 2 bedder in cheras close to that in bangsar/sri hartamas

even older project in CCR?

why? either OCR new launches are smartly priced by developer or the CCR condo (older project) is undervalued?

demand forces definitely in play?
we have plenty of smart buyers going for OCR condos. Some say location location location..but ? ? ?? beats me

mcmlxxvi
27-11-11, 21:29

in hong kong for e.g. i doubt you see price of a 2-bedder in causeway bay close to mid levels

or in malaysia price of a 2 bedder in cheras close to that in bangsar/sri hartamas

why? either OCR new launches are smartly priced by developer or the CCR condo (older project) is undervalued?

we have plenty of smart buyers going for OCR condos. Some say location location location..but ? ? ?? beats me
Some choose OCR as their preferred LOCATION to be near to parents.

Eastboy
27-11-11, 21:32

yes, once connectivity improves in OCR (i.e. more mrt stations, more expressways, more links to nature etc), OCR demand may continue to prop prices up. as for CCR, there is demand, but the demand base comes from higher income people which makes up lesser numbers VS middle income with a larger base with strict budgets that will be more comfortable with OCR quantums and psf prices.

dmonddd
27-11-11, 22:03
not so much a question of infrastructure

probably a question of market's (i.e. ppl) perception of product differentiation and appropriate pricing

yes, once connectivity improves in OCR (i.e. more mrt stations, more expressways, more links to nature etc), OCR demand may continue to prop prices up. as for CCR, there is demand, but the demand base comes from higher income people which makes up lesser numbers VS middle income with a larger base with strict budgets that will be more comfortable with OCR quantums and psf prices.

dmonddd
27-11-11, 22:14
maybe the key driving factor...but if you ask the OCR condo buyers..where do they prefer.

upgrade to condo but near parents - yes
once OCR condos become a homogeneous product..the demand would be for differentiation/location i.e. prime address

everyone's future plans -would it be as follows:

1) get a hdb with subsidy
2) upgrade to OCR condo
3) OCR condo similar to hdb living
4) desire for CCR condo
5) retire in landed property OCR

comparison 2 bedder
D11 condo = 1300psf (medge)
D16 condo = 1300-1400 psf (bedok reservoir)

with better infrastructure how much time to move to and fro one end to another end of the island....? an hour, compared to shanghai, hongkong, mumbai

Some choose OCR as their preferred LOCATION to be near to parents.

dmonddd
27-11-11, 22:16
maybe the key driving factor...but if you ask the OCR condo buyers..where do they prefer.

once OCR condos become a homogeneous product..the demand would be for differentiation/location i.e. prime address

2) upgrade to OCR condo
4) desire for CCR condo

comparison 2 bedder

with better infrastructure how much time to move to and fro one end to another end of the island....? an hour, compared to shanghai, hongkong, mumbai

comparison of 2 bedder above may be incorrect?
gem of D16 vs bottom of D11

mcmlxxvi
27-11-11, 22:43

2) upgrade to OCR condo
4) desire for CCR condo

comparison 2 bedder

Not everybody works downtown or need to go Orchard to feel alive.

devilplate
27-11-11, 23:18
Not everybody works downtown or need to go Orchard to feel alive.
Everyone is unique....Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder

Just like every ppty is unique too

solsys
28-11-11, 15:25
Year 2020.

Lost decade for Europe is almost over.

Heartland living is pretty sufficient for the average Singaporean with government policies to increase public spaces, amenities, hubs.

Desire to live in RCR will slacken due to overcrowding.

RCR will become home to many white-collar FT, who will come and go as they please depending on how the economy performs.

CCR becomes playground for the rich, whatever fluctuates there is none of our business due to the astronomical figures.

teddybear
28-11-11, 19:23
What you said reminds of London - which is already in similar state now.

Year 2020.

Lost decade for Europe is almost over.

Heartland living is pretty sufficient for the average Singaporean with government policies to increase public spaces, amenities, hubs.

Desire to live in RCR will slacken due to overcrowding.

RCR will become home to many white-collar FT, who will come and go as they please depending on how the economy performs.

CCR becomes playground for the rich, whatever fluctuates there is none of our business due to the astronomical figures.

devilplate
28-11-11, 19:42
What you said reminds of London - which is already in similar state now.
If the story of millionaires around the globe r flocking to sg really happen, den ccr will really shoot up like nobody biz!

Vit m not enuff for me leh.....i want 1devon at 16xxpsf! Basic pls chant more! Whahahha

ikan bilis
28-11-11, 19:46
If the story of millionaires around the globe r flocking to sg really happen, den ccr will really shoot up like nobody biz!

Vit m not enuff for me leh.....i want 1devon at 16xxpsf! Basic pls chant more! Whahahha

{ ang moh boh lui lah... long chong boi ulu ulu.... :ashamed1: }

sh
28-11-11, 20:13
Year 2020.

More reason to buy CCR.... for once I hope B is right.... wait for durian to drop....:D

Jonathan0503
29-11-11, 07:46

Haha, still 'dreaming' of 1 devon at $16xxpsf ah?

Has it TOP already? Seems to have fully completed liao leh

devilplate
29-11-11, 08:21
Haha, still 'dreaming' of 1 devon at $16xxpsf ah?

Has it TOP already? Seems to have fully completed liao leh
all thanks to Mr B....my dream is still alive and kicking

whahahaha

hyenergix
13-12-11, 06:20
An update:

1. The world's economy has recovered by 2020 (previously typo)

2. FH/999LH OCR or 99LH OCR condos near MRT stations generally will be launched at least $1750 psf (previously $1800 psf)
3. >40% (previously 50%) buyers of new launches will be foreigners or PRs

basic
13-12-11, 06:28
year 2020?? property price will down >65% from current price.....
the lost >10 yrs has just began......

hyenergix
13-12-11, 06:31
I'm open to alternative views, because property buying is sentiment driven. I welcome you to share the assumptions of your projection :)

radha08
14-12-11, 09:36
year 2020?? property price will down >65% from current price.....
the lost >10 yrs has just began......

why in blue not red....:confused:

richwang
20-01-12, 08:36
Marc Faber: WW3 within 5 years (http://www.marcfaberchannel.blogspot.com/2012/01/marc-faber-ww3-within-5-years.html)

Marc Faber (http://marcfaberchannel.blogspot.com/) : “World War III will occur in the next five years. That means the Middle East will blow up. New regimes there will be less Western-friendly. The West has also figured out it can't contain China, which is rising rapidly and will have more military and naval power in Southeast Asia. The only way for the West to contain China is to control the oil tap in the Middle East”
“It (the war) is very positive for stocks and negative for bonds, because debt will grow dramatically”, - In a recent interview with The Barron's financial magazine

http://www.marcfaberchannel.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2012-01-19T08:55:00-08:00&max-results=1

Singapore should be ok.

Thanks,
Richard

TKT
20-01-12, 08:48
Marc Faber: WW3 within 5 years (http://www.marcfaberchannel.blogspot.com/2012/01/marc-faber-ww3-within-5-years.html)

Marc Faber (http://marcfaberchannel.blogspot.com/) : “World War III will occur in the next five years. That means the Middle East will blow up. New regimes there will be less Western-friendly. The West has also figured out it can't contain China, which is rising rapidly and will have more military and naval power in Southeast Asia. The only way for the West to contain China is to control the oil tap in the Middle East”
“It (the war) is very positive for stocks and negative for bonds, because debt will grow dramatically”, - In a recent interview with The Barron's financial magazine

http://www.marcfaberchannel.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2012-01-19T08:55:00-08:00&max-results=1

Singapore should be ok.

Thanks,
Richard

He is not known as Dr Doom for nothing. :hell-hath-no-fury:

If WWIII in 5 years, we all better just give up now. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

richwang
20-01-12, 08:54
Why give up? All males here are trained army men!
Let's defend Singapore.

I used to be a professional army man (in china).

I will stay and fight.

Thanks,
Richard
PS. Maybe I will get some really bargins landed.

hyenergix
20-01-12, 14:10
Why give up? All males here are trained army men!
Let's defend Singapore.

I used to be a professional army man (in china).

I will stay and fight.

Thanks,
Richard
PS. Maybe I will get some really bargins landed.

If one day, China decides to wipe out the US military bases in Asia Pacific, and your son in NS (Singapore) and you were an ex-army man (China). Your son and you will face each other in the battle field.

hyenergix
20-01-12, 14:12
In 2020, Singapore will be a very hard place for the lower income groups.

Montaigne
20-01-12, 21:06
OCR = LV bags
CCR = Chanel Bags

Now demand high for OCR = same theory why high demand for LV bags. Once majority of the HDB upgraders got a place in OCR, those who can afford slightly more will go for CCR. in fact many will strive towards CCR. I am guessing that by 2020, CCR will do better than OCR. Just like those LV tai tai ditch their LVs for Chanel. Singaporean all like to compare.

teddybear
20-01-12, 21:24
Ochard = Hermes bag :p

OCR = LV bags
CCR = Chanel Bags

Now demand high for OCR = same theory why high demand for LV bags. Once majority of the HDB upgraders got a place in OCR, those who can afford slightly more will go for CCR. in fact many will strive towards CCR. I am guessing that by 2020, CCR will do better than OCR. Just like those LV tai tai ditch their LVs for Chanel. Singaporean all like to compare.