PDA

View Full Version : for now,... what strategy?

ikan bilis
29-11-11, 11:52
bros,... for now,... what strategy??.. under current market condition??..

for own staying: have to buy
- if "die die" must get some roof over your head,.. => then buy 5-10yr old OCR near MRT condo. Get those smaller 2bdr/MM. Wait for 4-yrs SSD over and switch to better quality home later
- mass market and near mrt condo has very good support during any adverse market condition
- OCR price appreciation in percentage could be higher than CCR for shorter term, during this volatile economy plus hdb shortage time.
- the smaller near mrt 2bdr/MM helps you to hedge against any huge condo price inflation
- saves all your rent also

for investment: if fingers too itchy, cannot tahan
- then buy all those little MMs at different time intervals. Like what china said, europe debt crisis is chronic, so buy when there is dip.
- get those OCR near MRT would do. As you need smaller quantum.
- some dollar cost averaging? might work...

for investment: if can tahan and don't join the bedok party outside
- then wait for some larger price correction as entry point
- concentrate your fire power, bet big big on CCR's MidRange/Luxury, or smaller MM if short of Vit M,... place one single bet will do
- eventually CCR will cheong to sky...

??... :confused:

:cheers4:

phantom_opera
29-11-11, 11:55
Unlikely CCR will cheong to sky, next 10y low growth, range trading in stock markets, MNCs tightens expat housing allowance .... next 10y just patient and collect rent lah

Avoid buying OCR @ 1.4kpsf ... peak already

High inflation, lack of alternative investment and shortage in HDB resales units will keep prices stable despite all the dooms-day news ... sleepy for next few years for sure

DC33_2008
29-11-11, 12:14
Observation period. No action.:sleep:

peterng8
29-11-11, 12:18
Bro, guess you have been waiting too long already for the price to correct , is my guess rite?:D

bros,... for now,... what strategy??.. under current market condition??..

for own staying: have to buy
- if "die die" must get some roof over your head,.. => then buy 5-10yr old OCR near MRT condo. Get those smaller 2bdr/MM. Wait for 4-yrs SSD over and switch to better quality home later
- mass market and near mrt condo has very good support during any adverse market condition
- OCR price appreciation in percentage could be higher than CCR for shorter term, during this volatile economy plus hdb shortage time.
- the smaller near mrt 2bdr/MM helps you to hedge against any huge condo price inflation
- saves all your rent also

for investment: if fingers too itchy, cannot tahan
- then buy all those little MMs at different time intervals. Like what china said, europe debt crisis is chronic, so buy when there is dip.
- get those OCR near MRT would do. As you need smaller quantum.
- some dollar cost averaging? might work...

for investment: if can tahan and don't join the bedok party outside
- then wait for some larger price correction as entry point
- concentrate your fire power, bet big big on CCR's MidRange/Luxury, or smaller MM if short of Vit M,... place one single bet will do
- eventually CCR will cheong to sky...

??... :confused:

:cheers4:

ysyap
29-11-11, 12:27
Unlikely CCR will cheong to sky, next 10y low growth, range trading in stock markets, MNCs tightens expat housing allowance .... next 10y just patient and collect rent lah

High inflation, lack of alternative investment and shortage in HDB resales units will keep prices stable despite all the dooms-day news ... sleepy for next few years for sureCan get 800psf OCR lah... if FH laggi better. :D

ikan bilis
29-11-11, 12:34
Bro, guess you have been waiting too long already for the price to correct , is my guess rite?:D

haha.. bro... wrong guess.. although very ikan bilis hor,... leverage to about max liow... bought until little vit m left... onli enuf for mm... for next buy need to switch my hdb to pc if want larger pc... so i stay put or sit tight tight as hdb is precious now... :ashamed1: :D

just trying to find out how you guys tackle this type of market condition,... as investors or for own stay... :cheers4:

Arcachon
29-11-11, 12:51
SINGAPORE: Three new residential sites for private housing have been released under the Government Land Sales (GLS) Programme.

The sites are at Mount Vernon Road, Jalan Lempeng and the Kovan Road/Simon Road area.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority and the Housing & Development Board said the sites are for sale on Tuesday, by public tender.

Together, they are expected to yield about 1,830 units, adding to the 14,945 units launched under GLS this year.

The 2.1-hectare land parcel at Mount Vernon Road is near Bartley MRT station and can provide potentially some 785 housing units.

The 2.4-hectare land parcel at Jalan Lempeng is near Clementi Town Centre and can potentially yield about 685 housing units.

Meanwhile, the 1.7-hectare land parcel at Kovan Road/Simon Road in the north east can potentially yield about 360 housing units.

- CNA/wk

august
29-11-11, 14:23
for own stay: buy hdb

for investment: have at least 4 yr worth of capital reserves in order to play the game. the rest is secondary.

:sleep:

latour
29-11-11, 14:23

High inflation, lack of alternative investment and shortage in HDB resales units will keep prices stable despite all the dooms-day news ... sleepy for next few years for sure

I agree... 1.4k/psf will be far too high for OCR, thats why BR more then 1.2k/psf i give it a miss and dream on for time being. Must be near/next to mrt/mall/etc. and collect rent at least for the next 6 to 10yrs.

latour
29-11-11, 14:26
Can get 800psf OCR lah... if FH laggi better. :D

Can, OCR FH resale condo... go to Changi Condo village... still can get 800/800+ psf...

devilplate
29-11-11, 14:59
haha.. bro... wrong guess.. although very ikan bilis hor,... leverage to about max liow... bought until little vit m left... onli enuf for mm... for next buy need to switch my hdb to pc if want larger pc... so i stay put or sit tight tight as hdb is precious now... :ashamed1: :D

just trying to find out how you guys tackle this type of market condition,... as investors or for own stay... :cheers4:
i oredi switch to hibernation mode

tinking of signing up 1yr annual levy at rws

whahahahahahaha

Geylang OKT
29-11-11, 15:10
I will be in hibernation mode for the next 1 year :D

devilplate
29-11-11, 15:28
I will be in hibernation mode for the next 1 year :D
aiya....ur biz booming wat....whr got time to hibernate? hehehe

Allthepies
29-11-11, 18:58
any bros can share whether it make sense to buy mm near mrt at ocr? eg let say clementi, easy to find tenant?

Fisherman
29-11-11, 19:09
Sigh, tough times ahead. Time to conserve cash. :scared-1:

phantom_opera
29-11-11, 19:19
If tough time ahead, why oil price still at 96USD??? shouldn't oil price be at 70USD instead??

Holding cash for next 10y could be disaster

mcmlxxvi
29-11-11, 19:46
any bros can share whether it make sense to buy mm near mrt at ocr? eg let say clementi, easy to find tenant?
As long you have realistic expectations of rental, you will always find tenants.

azeoprop
29-11-11, 19:57
Should we sell our current properties to cash out and wait for the crash? 2 of my friends already sold theirs, one renting the other staying with in-laws.

:beats-me-man:

Allthepies
29-11-11, 20:00
As long you have realistic expectations of rental, you will always find tenants.

Is 2.2k rental reasonable for MM @ clement? :D

gn108
29-11-11, 20:01
Never speculate on your own residence. Upgrade/Downgrade but never go short on your roof.

Should we sell our current properties to cash out and wait for the crash? 2 of my friends already sold theirs, one renting the other staying with in-laws.

Allthepies
29-11-11, 20:23

Lucky u never follow ur friends, they must be very panicky now :cheers4:

phantom_opera
29-11-11, 20:25
go supermarket to checkout the food prices ... it is still on the rise mind you

Fisherman
29-11-11, 20:26
If tough time ahead, why oil price still at 96USD??? shouldn't oil price be at 70USD instead??

Holding cash for next 10y could be disaster

Are we heading for STAGFLATION? If the answer is yes, then holding cash maybe the best option. Everybody loses in this scenario and holding cash loses the least presumably.

JuzMe
29-11-11, 20:30
My 2 cents, unless you are 100% sure there are immediate upside, it's best to sell property now and recognise your profit. At least can sleep at night. A lot of people will rush to sell if market does turn South so more difficult to sell then :scared-4:

Komo
29-11-11, 20:32
I think already difficult to sell now:(

sh
29-11-11, 20:34
I realized that I'm not smart enough to time the market. ie buy at bottom, sell at top.:confused:

I also realized that putting money in the bank is not going to do me any good, and property is probably the best way to an early retirement.:)

So I invested in property, made sure that I get good cash flow. It should finance itself after the down payment and must be easy to rent out in good or bad times

I also made sure that I have cash to cover at least 1 year of expenses including mortgage payments to manage risks....:)

I am doing well so far, as long as property prices rises over the long run....:D

azeoprop
29-11-11, 20:54
I think already difficult to sell now:(

Yah loh, 3 months ago still got enquiries, now no news no sound. :(

sh
29-11-11, 20:59
Yah loh, 3 months ago still got enquiries, now no news no sound. :(

are you asking for last transacted price? Everyone is expecting prices to drop now....

But will you sell at below the last transacted? if yes, how much below?

ikan bilis
29-11-11, 21:03
Are we heading for STAGFLATION? If the answer is yes, then holding cash maybe the best option. Everybody loses in this scenario and holding cash loses the least presumably.

bro... think your logic salah lah... :D

as long as there is inflation, better hold gold, commodity, property...
hold cash/bond only when there is deflation or very high interest rate...

;)

mcmlxxvi
29-11-11, 21:04
yes if within 8mins walk to mrt

mcmlxxvi
29-11-11, 21:06
just got letter my SOR up by another 0.34%

ikan bilis
29-11-11, 21:10

bro... whole west side (clementi, jurong east, lakeside, jurong west, west coast, bt batok, CCK) can say no MM lah... only some at BounaVista/TiongBahru but these are under central/RCR and not OCR...

go check mm's rental pricing at geylang, TK & eunos on propertyguru, those are the areas with most mm.

;)

hyenergix
29-11-11, 21:12
SIBOR is better...

http://www.smartloans.sg/pages/the-choice-between-sibor-and-sor-rates

ikan bilis
29-11-11, 21:13

anyone knows how they come out with these pricing ??
is it by some bidding and depending on your "luck" you might get some minor plus or minus due to the market rate/condition that day??

:confused:

Allthepies
29-11-11, 21:17
bro... whole west side (clementi, jurong east, lakeside, jurong west, west coast, bt batok, CCK) can say no MM lah... only some at BounaVista/TiongBahru but these are under central/RCR and not OCR...

go check mm's rental pricing at geylang, TK & eunos on propertyguru, those are the areas with most mm.

;)

Yo bro, coming soon, coming soon :D

hyenergix
29-11-11, 21:19

;)

Based on limited MM and HDB in mature estates supplies, and decreasing expatriates' housing allowance (if any), MMs and HDBs should be the way to go...

ikan bilis
29-11-11, 21:27
Yo bro, coming soon, coming soon :D

hur, clementi got mm meh??... :scared-4:

you mean those west coast side projects like hundred trees which are still under construction...??

hyenergix
29-11-11, 21:37
Have a lot of mm, if u r talking abt uni n poly meimei... If not, wait for hong leong enbloc'ed launch.

kane
29-11-11, 21:50

you might want to consider refinancing it to a SIBOR+.

mcmlxxvi
29-11-11, 22:09
Have a lot of mm, if u r talking abt uni n poly meimei... If not, wait for hong leong enbloc'ed launch.
LOL you guys really humorous tonight kekeke

Eastboy
29-11-11, 22:15
you might want to consider refinancing it to a SIBOR+.

Think ocbc offering a very competitive board rate
1st yr 0.88
2nd. 0.98
3rd. 1.38

Worth checking it out.

latour
30-11-11, 08:03
i think for now the SCB one is also quite attractive.

phantom_opera
30-11-11, 08:08
3m SIBOR 0.37656%
10y SGS 1.68%
15y SGS 2.07%
5y SGS 0.57%
HDB bond 7-year Fixed Rate Notes issue with a coupon of 1.83%

The challenge is how to get 5% return over the next 5y

hyenergix
30-11-11, 09:33
3m SIBOR 0.37656%
10y SGS 1.68%
15y SGS 2.07%
5y SGS 0.57%
HDB bond 7-year Fixed Rate Notes issue with a coupon of 1.83%

The challenge is how to get 5% return over the next 5y

Someone here said can get more than 5% in bonds... :scared-5:

devilplate
30-11-11, 09:34
corporate bonds and EU bonds la....whahahahaha

teddybear
30-11-11, 09:38
>7% also have, but got CATCH (I also don't dare to buy.... Wahahaha!!) :beats-me-man:

The large quantum is the easy part, the risk is just too high! :scared-2:

amk
30-11-11, 10:49
Bond is not for every one. But do not dismiss bonds just because you do not understand them. You can dismiss bonds because of your risk profile.

I merely point out to ppl who are not familiar with this instrument another asset class to consider.

In early Oct CAPL has a bond dropped to close to 4.4%. Did any one notice it ?

devilplate
30-11-11, 10:54
Bond is not for every one. But do not dismiss bonds just because you do not understand them. You can dismiss bonds because of your risk profile.

I merely point out to ppl who are not familiar with this instrument another asset class to consider.

In early Oct CAPL has a bond dropped to close to 4.4%. Did any one notice it ?
Nope...all only notice crapland shares keep dropping....hahaha

phantom_opera
30-11-11, 11:04
Nope...all only notice crapland shares keep dropping....hahaha

amk is too pro of most of the people here lah ... very few people know how to trade corporate bonds ... it requires big capital also

ikan bilis
01-12-11, 11:51
for those who did some very strategic move of sold their only hdb, after reading this forum... now waiting for condos to crash 30-50% in next 2-3 months... how arh??... :scared-3:

latour
01-12-11, 13:59
for those who did some very strategic move of sold their only hdb, after reading this forum... now waiting for condos to crash 30-50% in next 2-3 months... how arh??... :scared-3:

Good luck... lor

Laguna
01-12-11, 19:55

then, ask them to wait long long...
how can crashing 50% in 2-3 months?
dream a dream...

ysyap
01-12-11, 22:30
for those who did some very strategic move of sold their only hdb, after reading this forum... now waiting for condos to crash 30-50% in next 2-3 months... how arh??... :scared-3:Its been nice knowing you, farewell... :violins:

azeoprop
01-12-11, 23:22
Then those who bought a few properties TOPing 2012 to 2014 ... now how har?

:scared-4:

radha08
02-12-11, 00:39
Its been nice knowing you, farewell... :violins:

:D:D:D:D:D

radha08
02-12-11, 00:41

:scared-4:

every weekend buy 4d 2012 and 2014...100 big/small.....:D:D:D:D:D

ysyap
02-12-11, 08:30

:scared-4:Depending on when they bought, not when TOP. If they bought in 2009, then they probably got a decent deal so no worries. Again, what is cheap? If for homestay, prices will go up again after every recession so just stay happy and wait. :cheers5:

latour
02-12-11, 08:53

haha... can try leh...

kane
02-12-11, 10:12

That's $1200 a month if you buy every draw.

DC33_2008
02-12-11, 10:45
Hardly gamble. Just won $90 from yesterday's toto using one Sys7. Maybe beginner's luck.