PDA

View Full Version : Marbles dropping sound

testtest
30-11-11, 15:09
some people said it is only hdb but like to check for those staying in condo, do you heard this? and it seems to happen only at night :scared-4:

Alan Shearer
30-11-11, 15:16
its a gecko

mygeemeel
30-11-11, 15:21
some people said it is only hdb but like to check for those staying in condo, do you heard this? and it seems to happen only at night :scared-4:

Are you staying near Bedok Reservior? :eek:

moneytalk
30-11-11, 15:21

My daughter told me that marbles dropping sound can also be heard in a local university hostel. It depends on your room and the block you are in.

I have personally heard the marbles dropping sound in a friend's HDB 5 room and then sighted a "white" figure. The owner saw the "white figure" once too and then moved out.

moneytalk
30-11-11, 15:22
Are you staying near Bedok Reservior? :eek:
Ya, my friend's Hdb was in Bedok Reservoir

teddybear
30-11-11, 15:23
Such sound occur appear of contraction & resonance of poor quality materials, hence usually occur at night when the materials cool down. If you hear such sound, it means... well.... :banghead:

Laguna
30-11-11, 15:32
ya, my old place also had this problem but could not ascertain the cause
it is very disturbing

stl67
30-11-11, 15:52
i remember this when I was staying in hdb flat as a kid. that was like many hears ago

blackjack21trader
30-11-11, 15:59
Aiya..it is the water pipe la. Particles dropping within a very long long long pipe can distort the sound lor..:doh:

azeoprop
30-11-11, 16:06
Most probably due to vibrations of the PVC pipes embedded in the walls.
http://www.api.sg/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=95&Itemid=1

:beats-me-man:

teddybear
30-11-11, 16:32
But why only in HDB flats (mostly)?

Most probably due to vibrations of the PVC pipes embedded in the walls.
http://www.api.sg/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=95&Itemid=1

:beats-me-man:

mcmlxxvi
30-11-11, 17:28
Since when is neighbour kids playing with marbles so complicated...

blackjack21trader
30-11-11, 17:34
Since when is neighbour kids playing with marbles so complicated...

becos they play exactly at 12 mid-night lor...

WOAHAHAHAHAHHA

land118
30-11-11, 17:36
Nowadays kids don't play with marbles anymore, all the high tech games..(Xbox, PSP, iPad)..., if can't ignore, sell and move out..:D

mcmlxxvi
30-11-11, 17:40
Nowadays kids don't play with marbles anymore, all the high tech games..(Xbox, PSP, iPad)..., if can't ignore, sell and move out..:D
Omg! My parents place... Where I grew up, been hearing that for decades leh!

ysyap
30-11-11, 18:50
Aiya..it is the water pipe la. Particles dropping within a very long long long pipe can distort the sound lor..:doh:Yes, studies have suggested that its the water pipes. Regarding why it happens only at night, its simple. It is only in the quiet of the night can such noises be magnified and not drown by the busyness and noisyness of the daytime activities. :D

land118
30-11-11, 18:53
Omg! My parents place... Where I grew up, been hearing that for decades leh!
Guess u are normal. Many of us probably heard but we just ignore, not bothered...so we should be ok..., if being bothered and can't sleep, then something wrong...:D

hopeful
30-11-11, 18:54
But why only in HDB flats (mostly)?

maybe because pipes are exposed?

Komo
30-11-11, 19:35
how about hearing footsteps from above? poor material quality?:(

irisng
30-11-11, 21:14
My daughter ever heard the marbles sound a few times at our condo. It is also in the middle of the night.

Previously when I was staying in HDB, at about 10pm+, my neighour from downstairs came to knock at our house and asked me to stop my children from pushing the chairs, I was surprised because my children were both sleeping and all our light was off.:scared-1:

Geylang OKT
30-11-11, 21:30
becos they play exactly at 12 mid-night lor...

WOAHAHAHAHAHHA

Wu KUI Ahhhhhhh!!!!! :scared-5: :scared-2: :scared-3: :scared-1:

devilplate
30-11-11, 23:28
My daughter ever heard the marbles sound a few times at our condo. It is also in the middle of the night.

Previously when I was staying in HDB, at about 10pm+, my neighour from downstairs came to knock at our house and asked me to stop my children from pushing the chairs, I was surprised because my children were both sleeping and all our light was off.:scared-1:
This is really spooky....my hairs all stand up! Wah liuuuuuu

Eastboy
01-12-11, 10:14
when i was young i often heard it whenever i stayed over at my grandma's HDB flat in AMK when my parents were at work.

it is really like marbles hitting all over the floor, and no adult could every give a good explanation whenever i asked them what the sound was. my grandmother would just dismiss it as neighbours' children playing with marbles.

when i went on to the army, the story of 'marbles' cropped up in our conversations as we talked about ghosts. all of us agreed that we have heard marbles in our HDBs when we were younger, and it couldn't be PVC pipes or toilets...the temperature change in SG is not so wide that expansion and contraction happens to create such sounds.

then one army friend told me that in the past when HDBs were built, fetus were buried with marbles and toys before piling was done. the belief was that the child spirit will help to 'support' the foundation. hence whenever you hear it, it's the child playing with marbles.

FREAKY!

mcmlxxvi
01-12-11, 10:29
when i was young i often heard it whenever i stayed over at my grandma's HDB flat in AMK when my parents were at work.

it is really like marbles hitting all over the floor, and no adult could every give a good explanation whenever i asked them what the sound was. my grandmother would just dismiss it as neighbours' children playing with marbles.

when i went on to the army, the story of 'marbles' cropped up in our conversations as we talked about ghosts. all of us agreed that we have heard marbles in our HDBs when we were younger, and it couldn't be PVC pipes or toilets...the temperature change in SG is not so wide that expansion and contraction happens to create such sounds.

then one army friend told me that in the past when HDBs were built, fetus were buried with marbles and toys before piling was done. the belief was that the child spirit will help to 'support' the foundation. hence whenever you hear it, it's the child playing with marbles.

FREAKY!
So KK and abortion clinics have a part to play in supply of the fetuses???!!!!!

Alan Shearer
01-12-11, 13:09
Gecko sound. Google it.

maisonjai
01-12-11, 14:55
someone said price crash 50% then there will be more marbles dropping on the floor...hahaha :D :D

testtest
01-12-11, 22:57
Gecko sound. Google it.

Gecko sounds like marbles meh :doh:

mygeemeel
01-12-11, 23:13

Same same. A neighbour called the police to my place. We were all sleeping when the police came. They say downstairs complain we bouncing balls. Weird. The police checked my house and then went downstairs to tell them go church/temple if they hear again.

mygeemeel
01-12-11, 23:17
Actually i was playing other 'balls'. :D :ashamed1:

solsys
02-12-11, 07:41
You know the market is reaching exhaustion when everyone talk cock sing song with queer stories.

ysyap
02-12-11, 07:53
Going forward, more to expect... :D

stl67
02-12-11, 08:24
Same same. A neighbour called the police to my place. We were all sleeping when the police came. They say downstairs complain we bouncing balls. Weird. The police checked my house and then went downstairs to tell them go church/temple if they hear again.

HaHaaa... I once rented a condo. The neighbour downstairs very bossy. Complain to seucrity guard that we are very noisy.. 5+ in the morning shifting chairs tables.. we were like :(

mygeemeel
02-12-11, 08:36
HaHaaa... I once rented a condo. The neighbour downstairs very bossy. Complain to seucrity guard that we are very noisy.. 5+ in the morning shifting chairs tables.. we were like :(

Hahaha. Nobody shifts chairs at 5+am. The security guard should go tell them to go Church / Temple. They might be hearing ghosts.

ysyap
02-12-11, 09:41
Hahaha. Nobody shifts chairs at 5+am. The security guard should go tell them to go Church / Temple. They might be hearing ghosts.Maybe they really shifting and shuffling chairs and tables at 5+am? LOL!