PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok i use the condo facilities while still renting out?

royconago
02-12-11, 10:45
Hi ALL

I will like to hear your opinion whether do ppl normally return to their condo to use the facilities while still renting out? like swimming/gym/carpark?

Thanks

Rgds
Roy

Regulators
02-12-11, 10:53
Of course you can, you can even park your car there if you want.

Laguna
02-12-11, 10:57
No way as all entitlements are transferred to tenants and all stated in the bye law
some condo even limit the number where residents can bring in their guests during peak and non peak
some even dun allow yr frn's children to take up swimming lessons

DC33_2008
02-12-11, 11:10
Normally one cannot use the facilities once it is rented out. But .... ;)

proud owner
02-12-11, 11:11
Of course you can, you can even park your car there if you want.

really depends ...

some tenants dont drive .. so you can use the carpark allotment

and if you only give 2 out of 3/4 residents pass ..then of course you can use the facilities ..

also depend on the mgtm office and the condo itself ..

new condos limited parking and facilities so the more strict .. if you have rented out ..at most you can go in and out of condo .. and not allowed to park o/n or use facilities

older condos .. usually have more than sufficient parking and bigger land = more facilities ...hence landlord can come and go as if they stiill live there

Regulators
02-12-11, 11:15
Older condos more flexible, maybe perhaps I don't own any new condos or tiny apartments with hardly space to take a nice stroll. You may rent out your unit, but if you have the resident card and walk around using the facilities, nobody would chase you out. You can also be considered a friend of the tenant who is entitled to use the facilities

DC33_2008
02-12-11, 11:17
Not true. New condos only possible. It is all about the MC.

royconago
02-12-11, 11:22
for parking wise, i am considering to use the parking facility if only my tenant doesn't drive and i am holding the condo decal. So i am entering with condo decal but then officially, i am not a resident.

If i go in to park (daytime) and drive out (night time) everyday, i am sure the security guard very soon will come to conclusion. I suppose it depend whether do they want to enforce or not right? even if i don't drive in to park but just walk in (with my pass) to use the gym or pool, is it ok?

DC33_2008
02-12-11, 11:24
It ok! They will just think that you work night shift.
for parking wise, i am considering to use the parking facility if only my tenant doesn't drive and i am holding the condo decal. So i am entering with condo decal but then officially, i am not a resident.

If i go in to park (daytime) and drive out (night time) everyday, i am sure the security guard very soon will come to conclusion. I suppose it depend whether do they want to enforce or not right?

blackjack21trader
02-12-11, 11:25
Hi ALL

I will like to hear your opinion whether do ppl normally return to their condo to use the facilities while still renting out? like swimming/gym/carpark?

Thanks

Rgds
Roy

dear brother royconago.. your very humble brother here owns a few condos, but I have never enjoyed any of the facillities. You can actually join a country club to enjoy such facillities. It is not adviseable to use the premises even if your MCST allows you. How so? In the event of any damages even not done by you ( READ THIS CAREFULLY A FEW TIMES TO GET THE ACTUAL MEANING HOR ), you dun want to be blamed for anything or kena any investigation lor. Especially with all the CCTVs around to prove your participation in using the facillity la.

:) Good Luck.

Regulators
02-12-11, 11:27
If residents are entitled to two cars, you got no issue, if only one car and your tenant is driving, then it becomes a problem. As for facilities, you can notify the tenant that you would come back to use the facilities of and on and that should suffice. If management check with tenant, he can easily say you are his guest

If i go in to park (daytime) and drive out (night time) everyday, i am sure the security guard very soon will come to conclusion. I suppose it depend whether do they want to enforce or not right?

royconago
02-12-11, 11:29
dear brother royconago.. your very humble brother here owns a few condos, but I have never enjoyed any of the facillities. You can actually join a country club to enjoy such facillities. It is not adviseable to use the premises even if your MCST allows you. How so? In the event of any damages even not done by you, you dun want to be blamed for anything. Especially with all the CCTVs around to prove your participation in using the facillity la.

:) Good Luck.

Hi blackjack21trader

Thanks for your information. yup, i am aware i may sound/going to act like a typical kiasu singapore that is why i asked the general opinion before acting.
I agreed that joining a gym or club is easy.

I heard you.

phantom_opera
02-12-11, 11:52
It is a balance lah ... if management is too nice .. end up the facilities are so crowded and become less exclusive ... now the new condo swimming pool so small already, how to handle tenants + owners + owners relatives + owners colleagues + owners Malaysia/Indonesia relatives :beats-me-man:

See what happen to Marina Bay Sands pool at sky garden ... no more kaypoh people look see look see after complaint from hotel guests

teddybear
02-12-11, 13:00
NO.
Standard regulations used by all condos & estate managing agents (by default) is that once you tenant out your unit, you transferred all rights of use in the estate to the tenant. Even if your tenant doesn't drive, you are not allowed to hog a residents' car park space in the estate. You park in Visitors' car park lot and not "Residents" car park lot (note: Condos label underground car park as "Residents' car park" and not "Owners' car park"! That already tell you why right?).

You are not allowed, by right, to use the facilities in the estate as well. Obviously, there are people who don't follow the rules. It is up to the estate managing agents whether they will enforce the rules or not. Such rules can be enforced if they want.

Hi ALL

Thanks

Rgds
Roy

Regulators
02-12-11, 13:41
there are rules to follow no doubt, but it doesn't stop tenant from making landlord his guest and allowing landlord to come back and use facilities. I tell all my tenants that I may go back off and on to use the facilities if I am in the vicinity and they all say no problem to that. I never had any issue with management that see me around in the gym even though they know I rented out my unit.

royconago
02-12-11, 13:51
NO.
Standard regulations used by all condos & estate managing agents (by default) is that once you tenant out your unit, you transferred all rights of use in the estate to the tenant. Even if your tenant doesn't drive, you are not allowed to hog a residents' car park space in the estate. You park in Visitors' car park lot and not "Residents" car park lot (note: Condos label underground car park as "Residents' car park" and not "Owners' car park"! That already tell you why right?).

You are not allowed, by right, to use the facilities in the estate as well. Obviously, there are people who don't follow the rules. It is up to the estate managing agents whether they will enforce the rules or not. Such rules can be enforced if they want.

Hi teddybear

All you have said are stating the obvious. The rule is NO (Who doesn't know that?)

My question revolve around, hearing your opinion (not hearing you repeat the black and white rule to me) whether do ppl normally return to their condo to use the facilities while still renting out? like swimming/gym/carpark?

Relax lah, TGIF

mcmlxxvi
02-12-11, 13:57
As in anything and everything, you can go against the rules. Just dont get caught... And be prepared to face the consequences if you do.

teddybear
02-12-11, 14:46
Normally? Not sure, at least not in my estate.
Only heard that such things is normal in mass market projects beside & near HDB flats. :beats-me-man:
Real cheapos indeed! :doh:

Hi teddybear

All you have said are stating the obvious. The rule is NO (Who doesn't know that?)

My question revolve around, hearing your opinion (not hearing you repeat the black and white rule to me) whether do ppl normally return to their condo to use the facilities while still renting out? like swimming/gym/carpark?

Relax lah, TGIF

royconago
02-12-11, 14:50
Only heard that such things is normal in mass market projects beside & near HDB flats. :beats-me-man:

Thanks for your feedback.

ahkongkid
02-12-11, 15:02
Thanks for your feedback.

imagine all landlords do the same. whole condo damn crowded. bbq pits constantly fully booked. parking lots also not enuff. :doh:

Regulators
02-12-11, 15:07
What is so cheapo about using facilities in the condos you buy? Are those relatives and friends who use the facilities in your condo cheapos as well? Why can't tenants and landlords become friends whether in ccr, rcr or ocr since I have condos in all 3 zones?

teddybear
02-12-11, 15:09
Seems like this is happening in many mass market condos projects. Because many owners want to do the same, so majority wins! Estate managing agent won't be able to enforce, MCST can't pass regulation to enforce. End up nobody interested to be in MCST (how to be in MCST when you are not resident and you breaking the rules? Those resident owners also not interested because difficult job, can't enforce proper rules & allowing improper things to carry on, do for what?! :banghead:) and nobody cares. Estate even before 10 years is like a slam! :doh:

imagine all landlords do the same. whole condo damn crowded. bbq pits constantly fully booked. parking lots also not enuff. :doh:

ahkongkid
02-12-11, 15:24
Exactly. :doh:

Seems like this is happening in many mass market condos projects. Because many owners want to do the same, so majority wins! Estate managing agent won't be able to enforce, MCST can't pass regulation to enforce. End up nobody interested to be in MCST (how to be in MCST when you are not resident and you breaking the rules? Those resident owners also not interested because difficult job, can't enforce proper rules & allowing improper things to carry on, do for what?! :banghead:) and nobody cares. Estate even before 10 years is like a slam! :doh:

royconago
02-12-11, 15:24
What is so cheapo about using facilities in the condos you buy? Are those relatives and friends who use the facilities in your condo cheapos as well? Why can't tenants and landlords become friends whether in ccr, rcr or ocr since I have condos in all 3 zones?

Hi Regulator

No need work up with individual opinion. Teddybear is just sharing her/his opinion. What he/she shouldn't do is to label ppl like me by name (call me cheapo)

I know the rule is NO, i am just using this platform to make a survey. no need to call name lah so that our discussion more effective that way.

At the end of the day, if its against public opinion and not so nice to use, it is ok i don't use and sign up a countryclub membership. teddybear, my proposal swee bo? (i know i am using singlish extensively but pls don't label me ah beng)

The situation is that, the tenanted condo is right infront of my landed, and getting across the condo to use facilities is so much more convenient than driving to club. Its in district 10.

bargain hunter
02-12-11, 15:38
bo swee. like that u make teddy very bang lah. he defends CCR with his life and with an atas reputation.

ur D10 address really make it bo swee for him lah. hahahahahaha :ashamed1:

Hi Regulator

No need work up with individual opinion. Teddybear is just sharing her/his opinion. What he/she shouldn't do is to label ppl like me by name (call me cheapo)

I know the rule is NO, i am just using this platform to make a survey. no need to call name lah so that our discussion more effective that way.

At the end of the day, if its against public opinion and not so nice to use, it is ok i don't use and sign up a countryclub membership. teddybear, my proposal swee bo? (i know i am using singlish extensively but pls don't label me ah beng)

The situation is that, the tenanted condo is right infront of my landed, and getting across the condo to use facilities is so much more convenient than driving to club. Its in district 10.

royconago
02-12-11, 15:44
bo swee. like that u make teddy very bang lah. he defends CCR with his life and with an atas reputation.

ur D10 address really make it bo swee for him lah. hahahahahaha :ashamed1:

Hi Bargain hunter

Its good that you introduce some humour and make it lively.

Relax, its TGIF, I still like to hear from other point of view.

peterng8
02-12-11, 15:46
Carpark i know can if tenant not driving (if MSCT is lenient enough)but the rest u mentioned 'No' ...can talk to MSCT of your condo and try to convince them lo...:p

Hi ALL

Thanks

Rgds
Roy

teddybear
02-12-11, 16:21
Ultimately a lot depends on the behaviour of the owners and residents. If they are considerate, they will not allow such thing to happen. Imagine many owners tenant out the unit, come back with their families, friends, and relatives to use the condo facilities?
Add this to the residents and their families, friends, and relatives coming to use the condo facilities?
You think condos are built with sufficient facilities to cater for so many people when almost the other half from the non-resident owners are not suppose to be there in the first place (according to the condo estate regulations)?

If you want to insist that you are friends of tenants, this is up to you. I rarely hear that landlords want to be friends of tenants, what more with intention of coming back to use the facilities? :beats-me-man:

bargain hunter
02-12-11, 17:02
if u hadn't been reading the earlier posts before ur first posting in august, u could potentially start a teddy vs regulator war. :)

a real life example but not sure if useful to u: i know of a friend who owned a property in D11 and had a tenant. he continued to book the tennis courts online. one day, the tenant decided to play tennis but found that the quota for the week was already used up. he went to ask the management. my friend had his online ID terminated. Ie he no longer had any access to anything. :ashamed1: prob can continue to use the pool and gym as some other bros had said.

Hi Bargain hunter

Its good that you introduce some humour and make it lively.

Relax, its TGIF, I still like to hear from other point of view.

nochoice
02-12-11, 17:11
[QUOTE=teddybear]NO.

Actually, there is a way, my last condo management also very strict, although my tenant do not drive, I'm not allowed to have a car lot, so at the end I ask my tenant to apply the car park lot for me using my number plate.

mogyi
02-12-11, 18:54
TS... technically speaking, you can't use the facilities when you have tenanted out your unit. But again.... condos in the HDB estate have outsiders coming in to use their pools and gym every other day. Thus..in comparision to the outsiders. you are not that jialet lah i guess. hahaha
How many estates have guards that really does proper screening on the visitors?

amk
02-12-11, 19:14
Rule is no.
And the norm... is also no... It's simply not nice.
It has nothing to do with whether the condo has enough car park lots / big enough pool / gym / etc

mcmlxxvi
02-12-11, 19:46
Rule is no.
And the norm... is also no... It's simply not nice.
It has nothing to do with whether the condo has enough car park lots / big enough pool / gym / etc
And there I have an agent neighbour who beamed proudly when he told me he rented out his unit, lives in HDB behind and parks car here and comes here with family to use the facilities... Totally not realising how stupid and cheap he looked.

bargain hunter
02-12-11, 19:56
agent neighbour? report him to CEA! :D

And there I have an agent neighbour who beamed proudly when he told me he rented out his unit, lives in HDB behind and parks car here and comes here with family to use the facilities... Totally not realising how stupid and cheap he looked.

teddybear
02-12-11, 20:45
For this I am in agreement with you. Cheapo need not be living in HDB, they may even be driving a Merc! Recall how those people park their cars for free outside other people's landed properties & walk to places nearby?

And there I have an agent neighbour who beamed proudly when he told me he rented out hisHn unit, lives in HDB behind and parks car here and comes here with family to use the facilities... Totally not realising how stupid and cheap he looked.

ysyap
02-12-11, 20:51
If you thick skin then go ahead and use until the management decides otherwise. If you not so thick skin, then just check with management and if they approve, use it. If not then guai guai don't use.... :cool:

teddybear
02-12-11, 20:51
Ha ha ha! Your estate manager strict? Strict ones will ask for copy of car lodge card, which will show the address of car owner! If address no tally no issue! So your trick won't work. :tsk-tsk:

Actually, there is a way, my last condo management also very strict, although my tenant do not drive, I'm not allowed to have a car lot, so at the end I ask my tenant to apply the car park lot for me using my number plate.

kane
02-12-11, 22:38
imagine a 200 unit apt has theoretically 400 families using the facilities. that's just wrong on all counts.

teddybear
02-12-11, 22:48
Worse still, the newer private property estates (those launched after 2007) are built like ECs crampness, an estate with 500 or even more units with facilities that usually are built for an equivalent of 250 units (before 2007). Now, imagine that instead of 500 units' residents using, you have 500 x2 = 1000 units' residents! Wow! :doh:
I can understand why D'Leedon won't sell well, you see, 17xx units! How much facilities they have? :scared-3:

imagine a 200 unit apt has theoretically 400 families using the facilities. that's just wrong on all counts.

ysyap
02-12-11, 22:49
imagine a 200 unit apt has theoretically 400 families using the facilities. that's just wrong on all counts.Then something is wrong with the condo... all rented out... Hmmm... but yes it sounds wrong to have 400 families using facilities.. ;)

kane
02-12-11, 22:52
Worse still, the newer private property estates (those launched after 2007) are built like ECs crampness, an estate with 500 or even more units with facilities that usually are built for an equivalent of 250 units (before 2007). Now, imagine that instead of 500 units' residents using, you have 500 x2 = 1000 units' residents! Wow! :doh:
I can understand why D'Leedon won't sell well, you see, 17xx units! How much facilities they have? :scared-3:

3400 families?? shudder... but honestly, the security guard need to do their job and stop non residents from using the facilities.

ysyap
02-12-11, 23:13
3400 families?? shudder... but honestly, the security guard need to do their job and stop non residents from using the facilities.Security guards need to do alot of other jobs... for that salary they're getting... :rolleyes:

teddybear
02-12-11, 23:15
With 17xx units, even if each units only 2 members, the security guards can remember 34xx number of people living in the D'Leedon estate? Life is tough for the security guard if he care to check or he can simply don't care (no way he can check everyone anyway)...... :scared-1:
That is why I won't buy any condo estate with >200 units. :rolleyes:

3400 families?? shudder... but honestly, the security guard need to do their job and stop non residents from using the facilities.

cl0ver
02-12-11, 23:36
is everyone living near your rented property that you need to own the carpark spot?

Laguna
03-12-11, 07:33
that is why I said, cannot buy Bedok Residences

it is so easy to dup a card key and walk into the estate, after work, for a swim, shower, dinner at the shopping mall and go home.

The location is too convenient for self invited guests and non-resident SP

DaytonaSS
03-12-11, 09:11
really got so many pple use the swimming pool n facilities ? the last poll i did confirm after a while no pple use one lah. I go northvale(CCK) , ard 600 units + on a wkend afternoon, 0 person using the pool.

So far i go viewing so many properties, seldom see pple using, except properties in cairhill CC area, got tons of ang mo n kids using the swimming pool.

i think the quantity of facility is important, but the landscaping is more important. So far , i must say i m impressed by Martin Residences(not sure if i got the name right), the new TOP at mld sultan development. Go see the pool and lobby area/parking access, see le quiet "steam"

radha08
03-12-11, 09:36
Hi ALL

Thanks

Rgds
Roy

guess its ok if your holding a PINK ic...we are singapore we are singapore we will stand together with the lions roar...we are SINGAPOREANS...:D:D:D

radha08
03-12-11, 09:38
that is why I said, cannot buy Bedok Residences

it is so easy to dup a card key and walk into the estate, after work, for a swim, shower, dinner at the shopping mall and go home.

The location is too convenient for self invited guests and non-resident SP

bro if u pay $1350 psf for a 99 lh condo in bedok u better use the facilities....:doh::doh::doh:

devilplate
03-12-11, 09:57
really got so many pple use the swimming pool n facilities ? the last poll i did confirm after a while no pple use one lah. I go northvale(CCK) , ard 600 units + on a wkend afternoon, 0 person using the pool.

So far i go viewing so many properties, seldom see pple using, except properties in cairhill CC area, got tons of ang mo n kids using the swimming pool.

i think the quantity of facility is important, but the landscaping is more important. So far , i must say i m impressed by Martin Residences(not sure if i got the name right), the new TOP at mld sultan development. Go see the pool and lobby area/parking access, see le quiet "steam"
its martin place residence

u always type quiet instead of quite.....purposely?

devilplate
03-12-11, 09:59
bro if u pay $1350 psf for a 99 lh condo in bedok u better use the facilities....:doh::doh::doh:
whahaha

call all ur frens and relatives to use!!!

DaytonaSS
03-12-11, 10:00
its martin place residence

u always type quiet instead of quite.....purposely?

Typo!!!! OMG I stand corrected

dmonddd
03-12-11, 11:30
omg as expected, such condo will be overpopulated...

eg. no of units in project X 2 occupants per unit (that's very conservative
..all units 100% OCCUPIED. unlike other condos in D9,10,11.

example.....500 units x 2 = 1000 ppl
if everyday 2 guests come to visit for half of units....you have 1250 ppl

visiting guests from china/india....if tenanted out...4 per unit...

looks like the project is as busy as a bus interchange

security must be tight to avoid unauthorized ppl walking ard

dmonddd
03-12-11, 11:31
oops didnt read earlier posts ..talking about same stuff

kane
03-12-11, 16:39
With 17xx units, even if each units only 2 members, the security guards can remember 34xx number of people living in the D'Leedon estate? Life is tough for the security guard if he care to check or he can simply don't care (no way he can check everyone anyway)...... :scared-1:
That is why I won't buy any condo estate with >200 units. :rolleyes:

for a premium development like d'leedon, they need to get aetos or cisco those on the ball security, and clear all visitors before letting them through. haha.

teddybear
03-12-11, 16:50
Frankly speaking, they can just break into 8 estates each about 200 units. Then everything will be easier, from security guards maintaining security to estate managers can recognize almost all residents to facilities won't worn off so fast etc. :beats-me-man:
Will be like the case of The Sail, repair can't keep up with the wear & tear! :doh:

for a premium development like d'leedon, they need to get aetos or cisco those on the ball security, and clear all visitors before letting them through. haha.

hyenergix
03-12-11, 16:50

A new security company will be around by the time Dleedon TOPs. It comprises of a special unit call "Third Eye" to predict hostile thoughts of the visitors and catch them before they enter the condo.

blackjack21trader
03-12-11, 16:52
A new security company will be around by the time Dleedon TOPs. It comprises of a special unit call "Third Eye" to predict hostile thoughts of the visitors and catch them before they enter the condo.

WOAHAHAHAAHAHA

mogyi
03-12-11, 20:45
whahaha

call all ur frens and relatives to use!!!

not funny leh... i remember a friend once told me
his family is the first within his generation to move into
an EC and his parents were so proud they invited the entire
extended family to use their facilities anytime they like.