PDA

View Full Version : Refuse Removal Fee

mcmlxxvi
02-12-11, 13:52
Refuse removal cost seems rather significant @ $15pm! May I know how much you guys pay?

Alan Shearer
02-12-11, 17:33

In land-scarce Singapore, all incinerable refuse is burnt at the four incineration plants and the incineration ash, along with the non-incinerable refuse such as construction debris, is disposed of at the Semakau Landfill. Waste disposal facilities such as incineration plants and the offshore landfill are very expensive to build and operate.

There are currently four appointed Public Waste Collectors (PWCs) operating in Singapore. (SembWaste Pte Ltd, Veolia ES Singapore Pte Ltd, Colex Holdings Ltd, and 800 Super Waste Management Pte Ltd). The refuse removal fee is collected on behalf of the designated PWC for your estate. Refuse removal fee vary depending on the type of premises and the geographical location. This fee is applicable to all unless you are occupying a non-residential premises and you have an existing contract with any of the PWCs. The National Environment Agency (NEA) has overall responsibility for the planning, development and management of solid waste disposal facilities and operations in Singapore.

ikan bilis
02-12-11, 17:33
S$9.50... you produce lots of rubbish izit?... :D

marktkt22
02-12-11, 17:48
Same, 15 per mth

mcmlxxvi
02-12-11, 17:50
No leh. Mine considered small private project (70 over units only) and is by SembWaste... But we do have dedicated recycling bins for paper, glass etc - dont tell me those add to the cost?

mcmlxxvi
02-12-11, 17:51
Same, 15 per mth
Ah! Ikan and Alan - yours landed?

ikan bilis
02-12-11, 18:41
Mine condo lah... but Veolia ...heya.. $5 only just close 1 eye lah...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

could be due to... SembWaste is a GLC that carrot head you jialat jialat... mc should be able to switch to other companies after take over

one of my industrial space...
- after top was SembWaste, they charge $40+ per unit, through sp services billing.... so monthly they collected about $10K+ for whole building,
- after took over mc, mc feedup and engaged private refuse collector,... same type of service,... but per month as $1k+ for whole building,... amount is so small that just absorbed into mcst and removed from everybody's sp services bill...

:banghead:

hyenergix
02-12-11, 18:59
No leh. Mine considered small private project (70 over units only) and is by SembWaste... But we do have dedicated recycling bins for paper, glass etc - dont tell me those add to the cost?

It's bundled in. Recycling is a net cost at e moment. But at $15x70 units = $1000 per month for whole condo. Good money but that's assuming Sembcorp can win e next tender. If not capital cost cannot recover. Other companies have prob recovered their capital cost n charge lower.

zzz1
02-12-11, 19:08
Flat rate... Throw more rubbish lor..:p

zzz1
02-12-11, 19:14

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

could be due to... SembWaste is a GLC that carrot head you jialat jialat... mc should be able to switch to other companies after take over mcst

don think decide by mc but is based on district and area

hyenergix
02-12-11, 19:17
don think decide by mc but is based on district and area

I think e more landed e area, e more expensive bcoz of low efficiency in collection due to narrow roads n low housing density.

mcmlxxvi
02-12-11, 19:23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

could be due to... SembWaste is a GLC that carrot head you jialat jialat... mc should be able to switch to other companies after take over

one of my industrial space...
- after top was SembWaste, they charge $40+ per unit, through sp services billing.... so monthly they collected about $10K+ for whole building,
- after took over mc, mc feedup and engaged private refuse collector,... same type of service,... but per month as $1k+ for whole building,... amount is so small that just absorbed into mcst and removed from everybody's sp services bill...

Hey thanks for the tip will bring up during 1st mc meeting...

mcmlxxvi
02-12-11, 19:33
I think e more landed e area, e more expensive bcoz of low efficiency in collection due to narrow roads n low housing density.
Wow then those GPR 1.4 TKurau, JooChiat, Kovan, congested roads sure expensive...

ikan bilis
02-12-11, 19:34
Ooii.. bro... $5 onli... take it easy lah... if the refuse removal service is below standard, you on ground flr will suffer the most hor... ;)

mcmlxxvi
02-12-11, 19:37
My unit not, and no unit in this project face the bin centre... Kekeke

ikan bilis
02-12-11, 19:42
btw... you male or female?.. no offence.. sorry for asking... because you keep dog as pet and check details of rubbish removal charges... :scared-4:

me never notice my rubbish removal charges until today... :ashamed1:

mcmlxxvi
02-12-11, 19:51
btw... you male or female?.. no offence.. sorry for asking... because you keep dog as pet and check details of rubbish removal charges... :scared-4:

You trying to psycho analyse me? I know 5 dollars is nothing but being 50% more expensive then the other contractors is definitely something... Beginning of the thread I also wanted to mention but forgot, that never noticed it until today.

ikan bilis
02-12-11, 19:53
You trying to psycho analyse me? I know 5 dollars is nothing but being 50% more expensive then the other contractors is definitely something... Beginning of the thread I also wanted to mention but forgot, that never noticed it until today.

ok..ok.. sorry arh... :not-worthy:

:D

mcmlxxvi
02-12-11, 19:56
ok..ok.. sorry arh... :not-worthy:

:D
No no bro dont say that - you provided me useful info and thinking... Thanks ah

DC33_2008
03-12-11, 06:51
Is it based on floor area for landed and no. of shares for condo/apt?

mcmlxxvi
03-12-11, 11:24
Is it based on floor area for landed and no. of shares for condo/apt?
Not sure leh, never had the chance to stay landed. Maybe landed bros can advise...

DC33_2008
03-12-11, 12:32
I am paying more than $15 for landed. Different condos have different refuse fees too.
Not sure leh, never had the chance to stay landed. Maybe landed bros can advise...

blackjack21trader
03-12-11, 16:49

landed is about $18. boutique apartments is about $8. big condos more than 100 units should be about $11 ba. But I know they vary according to the projects/houses.

Maybe you should check with your neighbor leh. Last time they charged my studio unit higher becos it was registered as a company address lor. WOAHAHAHAHAAHA

blackjack21trader
03-12-11, 16:59
landed is about $18. boutique apartments is about $8. big condos more than 100 units should be about $11 ba. But I know they vary according to the projects/houses.

Maybe you should check with your neighbor leh. Last time they charged my studio unit higher becos it was registered as a company address lor. WOAHAHAHAHAAHA

come to think of it, i think it depends ( think ONLY hor..guess nia ) on the plot size of the project leh...maybe your project bigger land area?

zzz1
03-12-11, 19:06
Landed is based on GFA, gross floor area, .. For a same plot but these a&a pay abit higher...

I thinks they tendered by area or district ...

Regulators
03-12-11, 19:10
Doesn't mean staying in bigger space means more refuse.

zzz1
03-12-11, 19:11

Ha ha asked ppl kang or bu...? :p
Btw I had encountered some guys more niao then any body ...