PDA

View Full Version : Studio room in 4 room dual key, useful?

Irene_kyng
02-12-11, 21:12
Hi all,
How usually ppl make use of the studio room in 4 room dual key unit?
Easier to rent out? Park aside the location factor.

Regulators
02-12-11, 21:18
Studio can be used by elderly parent

mcmlxxvi
02-12-11, 22:46
Be aware that not many would bear to rent a unit right beside the landlord... But I guess the benefits outweigh the cons. Like if anything spoilt and you need them to service it would be really fast. Does it get a separate #xx-yy unit number? If not mail might be mixed up or exposed (eg they know who sending you mail or could pretend say accidentally opened your mail). If and when they are selling the place, they will easily arrange viewings which if overdone may intrude on your privacy space...

hyenergix
03-12-11, 06:25
Studio can be used by elderly parent

I thought it is a stupid concept and buyers accept that. The elderly parents should get another HDB unit very nearby. Afterall that unit can be sold off separately to the market at a good profit when the parents are in heaven or when they no longer need it. What do you do with that dual key unit at the end of the day?

ysyap
03-12-11, 06:47
I thought it is a stupid concept and buyers accept that. The elderly parents should get another HDB unit very nearby. Afterall that unit can be sold off separately to the market at a good profit when the parents are in heaven or when they no longer need it. What do you do with that dual key unit at the end of the day?Parents staying in dual key is because some parents will think you desert them in a hdb flat to live by themselves. This dual key concept basically allows parents to stay together (under the same main door) but still maintain that private space for the families (which daugthers in law or sons in law will naturally demand)... :sleep:

hyenergix
03-12-11, 06:54
Parents staying in dual key is because some parents will think you desert them in a hdb flat to live by themselves. This dual key concept basically allows parents to stay together (under the same main door) but still maintain that private space for the families (which daugthers in law or sons in law will naturally demand)... :sleep:

It is better to get a unit at the next block to maintain a bit of distance and more privacy. Next door is too close if this is the concern. Financially definitely lose out to having 2 HDBs.

terence
03-12-11, 09:06
Depends on the property layout I feel. Some units have a main door that open up to 2 units, your own plus the studio. This type got better chance. Rental again depends on the property location and also the rent u charging. I always think every place can be rented out depending on how low u can go.

Santro
03-12-11, 11:21
I like the idea. If elderly parents then they can use it else can rent out at fixed rent. Note that utility bills etc will still be on house owner and so tenant cannot split based on actual usage.:cheers1:

Hi all,
How usually ppl make use of the studio room in 4 room dual key unit?
Easier to rent out? Park aside the location factor.

maisonjai
03-12-11, 12:17
Studio not necessarily for elderly parents, can be the other way round for young couples especially only child.

azeoprop
03-12-11, 14:31
Actually for a 4 bedroom dual key unit, I rather have it as a 2bedroom + 2bedroom instead of a 3bedroom + studio.

Easier to rent out i think.

:beats-me-man:

Or maybe they should do a 4bedroom quad key unit = 4 separate studios with a common foyer haa haa...:rolleyes:

fan
03-12-11, 15:54
Or maybe they should do a 4bedroom quad key unit = 4 separate studios with a common foyer haa haa...:rolleyes:

Put mj table at the foyer?

rattydrama
04-12-11, 17:10
I tot it is a good idea to have 3+1. When kids growing up stay at the 3b and when you getting old and need rental income can stay in the studio.

2 + 2 for rental, I think not possible to rent out to 2 tenants if you are not there, expect alot of issues coming up and landlord will need to handle them.