PDA

View Full Version : Condensation on marble flooring?

mm63
08-12-11, 14:06
Hi, I just moved into this condo couple of months ago and I noticed that on cool nights, there is a thin sheet of condensation on some parts of the marble flooring in the living room. Is that normal?

I never experienced this before and am concerned that it could be something worse, like water seepage.

iwantgizmos
08-12-11, 14:13
do your neighbours have the same problem?...
try checking with them first if this is a common issue they are facing...

teddybear
08-12-11, 14:18
Not normal. :cheers1:

Hi, I just moved into this condo couple of months ago and I noticed that on cool nights, there is a thin sheet of condensation on some parts of the marble flooring in the living room. Is that normal?

I never experienced this before and am concerned that it could be something worse, like water seepage.

sh
08-12-11, 14:26

Your neighbour below turn on air-con cold cold.... floor also also become cold cold, so water condensate on your floor lor....:2cents:

mygeemeel
08-12-11, 15:15
I experienced the same when I was in a Delhi hotel. I guess the causes were aircon and outside weather. The entire marble floor was wet.

mm63
08-12-11, 15:18
I must also state that I am staying near Bukit Timah reserve and see fog/mist on Bukit Timah Hill so humidity can be pretty high...........again it only happens on cool nights after it has been raining the whole day so the floor is pretty cold.

ysyap
08-12-11, 15:36
Well, if it only happens on cool nights, quite unlikely the condensation is caused by cold air con downstairs coz condensation is more pronounced if its warm and humid night when air con downstairs is cold cold. Again, since it doesn't occur daily, its quite unlikely its from downstairs coz it'll be completely wierd your downstairs neighbors only turn on air con on cold nights and not turn on air con on warm and hot nights! :doh:

Its probably more weather related! :o If your neighbors around also experience the same problem then ok lah... if not maybe get someone down to check for seepage. :cheers1: