PDA

View Full Version : Message to Singapore Developers from 神龙股圣

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 12:35
Fellow SINGAPORE DEVELOPERS !

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT ABSORB THE STAMP DUTIES FOR THE BUYERS!

THE DEMAND FOR SINGAPORE PROPERTY COME JAN 2012 WILL BE VERY STRONG. SO STRONG THAT YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE IT !

DO NOT LEFT TO REGRET FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS!

HERE'S WHY:
===================================================

Feb 2012:The Beginning of the Golden Era
Our Solar Sun and Earth, will start to align themselves into a straight line with the Center Star of the Galaxy Milky Way- The Galactic Center called Sagittarius & Leo.

Beginning Feb 2012 until Dec 2012, when finally they will be in a Perfect Straight Line summoning the Arrival of the Universal Golden Era which occurs only once in a million years.

Human Knowledge will be elevated many levels up in connection with the Galactic Center.

In early 2012, The US will recover from her recession and Europe’s debts problems will find a solution. It will be the Golden Age in the East leading the West into a full economic recovery.

A Quad-Polar World will start to take form- with US, Europe, Russia and China leading the Globe into a New Era of World’s Peace.

The Main Focus of the New Age will be the Pursue of New Alternative Energy.

Dow will touch 15,000 and beyond and so will STI hit more than 4000. World’s stock markets will rally beyond never seen before highs.

Singapore property will continue to be in very high demand. Visitors and tourists to Singapore will rise beyond anybody’s imagination. The tentative figure has been whispered by the Sky People to be 15 million in 2012.

2012: Mega Global Economic Booms in the Making………

=========================================================

Message from Your Humble Brother,
神龙股圣。
BLACKJACK21TRADER

devilplate
10-12-11, 12:42
Dun tcss leh....bro bj....lol

U shd tell all fellow developers to bid low low for future gls ;)

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 12:46
Dun tcss leh....bro bj....lol

U shd tell all fellow developers to bid low low for future gls ;)

Under current situation, if not TCSS, then what you suggest I do leh, brother?

Woahahahahaha

yjcai
10-12-11, 12:47
Oh so rosy. Anyway seems like developers losing margin to move sales. All convert to PR, solve the problem

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 13:10
Oh so rosy. Anyway seems like developers losing margin to move sales. All convert to PR, solve the problem

November 1, 2011. 08:28a.m
The Beginning of The Convergence of the World's Richest onto the Lion City.

世界首富到獅城的開始。

Mauris erat leo facilisis ditissimus initium.

Начало самых богатых в мире на город Льва.

世界で最も裕福なライオンシティーへの始まり。

विश्व शेर सिटी पर सबसे अमीर की शुरुआत.

1960-1980 Only One class of Foreigner buyer and Private properties goes from $100K to $700K

1980-2000 Only 2 classes of Foreigner buyers and prices go from $700K to over $1Million

2000-2010 Only 3 classes of Foreigner buyers and prices go from $1 million to $1.5Million

2012-2015 All classes of Foreigners ( China, India, Indonesia, Malayisa, Japanese, Korean, Thailand, Cambodian, Vietnamese, Europeans, Russians, Romans and the Americans shall converged upon the Lion city.)

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 13:12
Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
1 Nov 2011 3 a.m.

I thought deeply about what Raju said, that there is this place on Earth that could let us break away from this system. That we could be Vaisyas or even our sons and grandsons could be Kshatriyas. This place where success is based purely on personal merits and hardwork, and the people are absolutely kind and friendly.

I turned on the bed and saw Chandni sleeping soundly. She is so beautiful...like a fairy descended upon our mortal worlds. I could not bring myself to break the news to her tomorrow as I do not know how will she react to my decision...

1 Nov 2011 7 a.m

I fought with my heart as I saw Chandni preparing breakfast on the old stove. Carrying our unborn child, she was too busy to notice me staring at her....

30 Nov 2011 3 p.m

" Go, Sabar ! Go on.....", Chandni gestured me to move on through the departure gate.

Oh...my beautiful wife, this must be hard for you. A man like me, has to leave my family here . I will miss you...but I shall return safely to fetch you all for a better life....

Then suddenly, Chandni turned her back to me and walked briskly of the airport.

Oh... Chandni my wife... you must be crying.. but a man like me has to bring a better life for you and our future son. I have to go.

Without further hesitation, I bite my lip and handed my passport to the custom.

30 Nov 2011 8 pm.

The Lion City.

amk
10-12-11, 13:13
Btw, if you were CDL's Qwek, do you think you have grounds to throw back the Alexander Rd GLS site to gov ? "you can't sell me a site at record price and change the rules the next day, can you ?"

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 13:14
16 October 2011 Sunday 7:15am.

I woke up lazily as a little of the sun rays seeped through the opening of the curtains. I was preparing to go to Church but saw Emily still sleeping soundly and decided to delay for a moment.

It was a wonderful Sunday morning and I could hear the birds singing happily on the trees outside my window. Thought I should check out my two little devils sleeping next door, so I got out of bed.

As I walked along the corridors towards their room, I saw the room door ajar. I laughed at their carelessness and opened the door to check on them. They were sleeping soundly. I smiled in my heart.

Then,as I went to the kitchen to make breakfast for them, I heard a commotion outside on the street. I looked out of the kitchen window.

A huge column of protesters was formed on the street below. There were like 2000 people on the street blocking all the carpark exits of the buildings on either side of the road......

27 October 2011 Thursday 3:00pm

Recalling the protest incident last Sunday, I laughed it off and continue on my way to fetch my two darlings back from their school.

The car audio beeped and I saw Emily name displayed on my instrument cluster. I activated the car phone and there were many loving exchanges in our conversation.

At the traffic junction, I could see the blue sky leading all the way to my 2 darlings school. Suddenly, I felt an earthquake tremor under the car and saw a deep road crack infront of me.....

1 November 2011 Tuesday 2:15am

Angela the younger devil, is running a high fever. We should get her as soon as possible to the nearest emergency which is 35km away.

I could see Emily's tears in her eyes as she stroked my angel on her forehead. I did a quick glance at John , the older devil and saw him sleeping soundly on the passenger's seat...

17 November 2011

Unexpected heavy snow....this time my car engine is dead.

18 December 2011

Another protest.... this time, I found a stone crack in my window.

2 March 2012

The four of us saw the green land below approaching us and getting bigger and bigger from the plane. The white tall buildings on the coastal area looked like a scene from a science fiction novel.

The Lion City.....

20 April 2012

My family and I are now fully settled in our new home near the Lion River. We could see the river just from our windows in the living room. This is like a paradise on planet Earth....

Emily put the Business Times on the breakfast table while I was sipping my coffee. We thought of buying a home here we can truly call our own in 6 months time and were just discussing that the other day.

Then, the headline on the paper caught my attention:

Restriction on foreigner purchase on Landed property. (Note: already happened on 8 Dec 2011 )

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 13:18
Btw, if you were CDL's Qwek, do you think you have grounds to throw back the Alexander Rd GLS site to gov ? "you can't sell me a site at record price and change the rules the next day, can you ?"

dear brother amk. It is not adviseable to throw away your land banks. If the foreigners can afford to come here, they can afford the 10% premium if they really want to invest long term here. Unless they are speculators, then the 10% will turn them off. Singaporeans deserve the 10% advantage over the foreigners for we have built this great city safe and good for all to stay.

Too bad I do not work for Kwek lah..so in no position to advise him, but maybe just to suggest to him only.

WOAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAH

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 13:24
What is 10% more for an exchange of a New Life in the Lion City over their homelands?

Do NOT GONG GONG GIVE DISCOUNT HOR ! That will cause property prices to drop wor...dun say I never warn you guys hor..

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 13:26
At first I was angry.. BUT NOW I SEE THE PERFECT MOVE BY PAP !

INGENIOUS ! KHAW AND SHANMU ARE GENIUS la !

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 13:50
Now, why our developers should not give discounts to help the foreigners buy a Singapore property :

Because this 10% stamp duties is the price a foreigner have to pay for the sweat and blood we native Singaporeans have put in together to build this great city.

10% premium is the price advantage our first time Singaporean home owner deserved to have over a foreigner. If you give discounts to them, you are doing harms to Singaporean home buyer.

If a foreigner truly believe in our property market, he should go ahead and pay the 10%! No more, no less.

This is called Price Advantage. A gift given to our local home buyers by our government! This is called sweet water dun give to outside people: 肥水不流外田!

I am beginning to see the light and good of this property measure, have you ?

Good Luck.

nobrainer32007
10-12-11, 13:52
Almost wanted to give up on this childish forum until i see this thread. Bj bravo.

disappointed to see a lot of silly and shallow postings from supposedly matured fathers and mothers.

but wtf xi quan ju hao.

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 13:53
Almost wanted to give up on this childish forum until i see this thread. Bj bravo.

disappointed to see a lot of silly and shallow postings from supposedly matured fathers and mothers.

but wtf xi quan ju hao.

Thank You brother nobrainer32007...actually I was trying to be the childish one leh..

WOAHAHAHHAHHAAH

nobrainer32007
10-12-11, 14:00
Time will tell :cheers6:

Thank You brother nobrainer32007...actually I was trying to be the childish one leh..

WOAHAHAHHAHHAAH

hyenergix
10-12-11, 14:11
What is 10% more for an exchange of a New Life in the Lion City over their homelands?

Do NOT GONG GONG GIVE DISCOUNT HOR ! That will cause property prices to drop wor...dun say I never warn you guys hor..

Looks bad in showrooms...

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 14:13
Looks bad in showrooms...

They will regret.

devilplate
10-12-11, 14:14

Wow.....sg is the only heaven on earth! Well done PAP!

hyenergix
10-12-11, 14:16
They will regret.

I tot u already giving 5% discount? Mon 5% is needed to restore interest.

devilplate
10-12-11, 14:21
With feo started giving 5% for all islandwide projects, i wud expect many recent buyers to return their units to developers.....

Forfeit only lugi 1.25% and can buy back at 5% discount immediately.....really nobrainer !!

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 14:22
I tot u already giving 5% discount? Mon 5% is needed to restore interest.

Of course immediate reaction is everyone stoned and dare not make any move what...I will not give any discount, not even if you agree to change ur BMW to Mercedes lah...

WOAHAHAHAHA

hyenergix
10-12-11, 14:23
They will regret.

I tot u already giving 5% discount? Min 5% is needed to restore interest.

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 14:24
I tot u already giving 5% discount? Min 5% is needed to restore interest.

I said Liao, not even if u change ur BMW to join me in Mercedes club mah.

WOAHAHAHAHA

Rysk
10-12-11, 14:32
Time will tell :cheers6:

Oh please do not say these 3 words (time will tell) again.. wait later MISSED THE BOAT MR. EXPERT B will come in with his long long stories + lots of cut & paste to jam up this thread!! :D

yjcai
10-12-11, 14:46
FEO Hillier showroom less than 10 cars.
Launch already?

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 14:49
With feo started giving 5% for all islandwide projects, i wud expect many recent buyers to return their units to developers.....

Forfeit only lugi 1.25% and can buy back at 5% discount immediately.....really nobrainer !!

That is why I said NO DISCOUNT mah...very discerning to see this human nature, brother devilplate :)

It is very unwise to react immediately to any news, just like in stock markets lor..

WOAHAAHAHAH

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 14:52
FEO Hillier showroom less than 10 cars.
Launch already?

The 10 cars all are agents one lah..WOAHAHAHAHA

yjcai
10-12-11, 14:59
The 10 cars all are agents one lah..WOAHAHAHAHA

Oh haven't launch. My bad.... I will remain positive.

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 15:01
Let me tell you why it is unwise to give discount. That is as good as trying to counter the effects of the property measures. Ultimately, that works right into your margins.

Then, how can the price stabilise ? We want a stable property markets, one that grow steady and zhai zhai one.

Property is an asset class more valuable than Gold. You think just by giving discount can really move the demand meh?

If the demand is so real and strong, then this measure will stabilise the market and moderate the price increase.

I believe the demand is real and strong otherwise why the need to warrant the 10% duty?

Look at this:

Japan: Radiation
Thailand: Flood
India: Unrest
Russia: Unrest
Middle East: Unrest
Europe: Risk in currency
China: Capital control

Where do the rich people originated from? if you are a rich man, where will you go after scanning the World Map ? And you buy with the 10% penalty fearing the lower investment returns, or you buy with the 10% premium for a safer and better life?

Think about it.

jwong71
10-12-11, 15:04
Hahaha everyone not in the mood to read ur winding story and think.
Time to plan the exit route la

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 15:06
Hahaha everyone not in the mood to read ur winding story and think.
Time to plan the exit route la

that is what I feared most- kneejerk reaction equals unwise decision made.

jwong71
10-12-11, 15:07
that is what I feared most- kneejerk reaction equals unwise decision made.

Unwise decision vs govt decision

0 vs +1

Nothing to decide abt.

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 15:09
Unwise decision vs govt decision

0 vs +1

Nothing to decide abt.

The unwise decision I refer to here is developers giving discounts. I start this thread immediately my grassroots feedback to me this morning. No time to pass the message around. Got to use the help of this forum lor.

That will erode the local home buyer's price advantage lah... SIGH......

jwong71
10-12-11, 15:11
The unwise decision I refer to here is developers giving discounts. I start this thread immediately my grassroots feedback to me this morning. No time to pass the message around. Got to use the help of this forum lor.

That will erode the local home buyer's price advantage lah... SIGH......
as some former said once developers start giving discount, downward price spiral u know la.

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 15:12
as some former said once developers start giving discount, downward price spiral u know la.

That is what I want to prevent to the best of my ability lor :)

phantom_opera
10-12-11, 15:12
bro BJ, bo pian liao ... CM5 has started the rollover process like it or not ... don't u see panic selling in CDL, CAPL, SC Global, Ho Bee, even stable one like UOL

2d wiped off 12-14% off CDL/CAPL as Singapore PAP suddenly turns into Chinese CCP

I just pray garmen has mercy not to target 30% correction only :scared-3:

\and to the miss boaters and sell off recently waiting on sidelines, dun be too happy first hoh, even correct 30%, it is going to be flat for next 5y, 7y until PAP turns back its pro-property-as-investment strategy ... property from now on is for own stay, not hedge for inflation

phantom_opera
10-12-11, 15:15
and you know Wanke in China plans super MM 15sqm as survival plan under iron grip of merciless CCP ... all our developers in SG must do the same already ... heard Wanke going to sell super-MM at 100,000 RMB each only :scared-1:

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 15:17
bro BJ, bo pian liao ... CM5 has started the rollover process like it or not ... don't u see panic selling in CDL, CAPL, SC Global, Ho Bee, even stable one like UOL

2d wiped off 12-14% off CDL/CAPL as Singapore PAP suddenly turns into Chinese CCP

\and to the miss boaters and sell off recently waiting on sidelines, dun be too happy first hoh, even correct 30%, it is going to be flat for next 5y, 7y until PAP turns back its pro-property-as-investment strategy ... property from now on is for own stay, not hedge for inflation

Yes, I feel it like you do. I was also surprised to see the almost instant reaction from some developers. Bo bian also must try lah.

jwong71
10-12-11, 15:22

Thank you for ur neutral sound advise, I do prepare to buy a landed and hold for next 5-7yrs. I'm well prepared for it, like hw sold it all to prepare for this to come

august
10-12-11, 15:25

pap in recent yrs keep sending "study" visits to china, no wonder lah lol.

jwong71
10-12-11, 16:02

To the soon buyers buying at 30% discount, be prepare to hold 5-7yrs to see profits:cheers4:

But

Definitely better than some, that see daylight or break-even after 5-7yrs:scared-3:

devilplate
10-12-11, 16:06
To the soon buyers buying at 30% discount, be prepare to hold 5-7yrs to see profits:cheers4:

But

Definitely better than some, that see daylight or break-even after 5-7yrs:scared-3:
There is a possibility tat future peak may not exceed previous peak

Whenever ppi nearing previous peak, govt will forced it to correct?

jwong71
10-12-11, 16:08
Thank u for advise. That's I did consider it, will not as peak price as before

Which means after a crash, and recovery. We still see some owners losing money as prices not exceed the peak

kane
10-12-11, 16:26

Whenever ppi nearing previous peak, govt will forced it to correct?

Because of a lack of fiscal and monetary discipline, the future peak will always be a higher peak than the past peak. The question is how long before that happens, 5, 10, 20 years? Look at the Greek dragmas before it became part of the EUR. It has happened in ancient history to modern history and it will continue to be in the history books of future years.

I have little hope on the economy but I have absolutely no hope on the central banks.

Arcachon
10-12-11, 16:34
http://www.ires.nus.edu.sg/workingpapers/IRES2011-005.pdf

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GKHqTck4NCw/TuMoOct868I/AAAAAAAAGbw/ixJk9poFDoA/s576/PC.png

hyenergix
10-12-11, 16:37
I said Liao, not even if u change ur BMW to join me in Mercedes club mah.

WOAHAHAHAHA

Relax. Editing issue so reply was repeated. I was e only person viewing in e showrooms, on a saturday... Agents were desperate but tried to play cool.

avo7007
10-12-11, 16:42
Our Solar Sun and Earth, will start to align themselves into a straight line with the Center Star of the Galaxy Milky Way- The Galactic Center called Sagittarius & Leo.
BLACKJACK21TRADER

Why oh why did I study Econ. Astronomy and fengshui is the way to go.:banghead:

kane
10-12-11, 16:55
Relax. Editing issue so reply was repeated. I was e only person viewing in e showrooms, on a saturday... Agents were desperate but tried to play cool.

Which showroom were you at? I don't mind being the only viewer in the whole showroom. Hate to squeeze with people.

hyenergix
10-12-11, 17:20
Which showroom were you at? I don't mind being the only viewer in the whole showroom. Hate to squeeze with people.

Condos n apartments.

hyenergix
10-12-11, 19:05
1 Nov 2011 3 a.m.

I thought deeply about what Raju said, that there is this place on Earth that could let us break away from this system. That we could be Vaisyas or even our sons and grandsons could be Kshatriyas. This place where success is based purely on personal merits and hardwork, and the people are absolutely kind and friendly.

I turned on the bed and saw Chandni sleeping soundly. She is so beautiful...like a fairy descended upon our mortal worlds. I could not bring myself to break the news to her tomorrow as I do not know how will she react to my decision...

1 Nov 2011 7 a.m

I fought with my heart as I saw Chandni preparing breakfast on the old stove. Carrying our unborn child, she was too busy to notice me staring at her....

30 Nov 2011 3 p.m

" Go, Sabar ! Go on.....", Chandni gestured me to move on through the departure gate.

Oh...my beautiful wife, this must be hard for you. A man like me, has to leave my family here . I will miss you...but I shall return safely to fetch you all for a better life....

Then suddenly, Chandni turned her back to me and walked briskly of the airport.

Oh... Chandni my wife... you must be crying.. but a man like me has to bring a better life for you and our future son. I have to go.

Without further hesitation, I bite my lip and handed my passport to the custom.

30 Nov 2011 8 pm.

The Lion City.

Sounds like the science fiction I read when I was in primary school. Okay, pass your essay: Grade "B"

By the way, the right platform to bring your message across to the key developers is REDAS, not condosingapore forum... here only got tcss people like me.

ysyap
10-12-11, 19:25
16 October 2011 Sunday 7:15am.

I woke up lazily as a little of the sun rays seeped through the opening of the curtains. I was preparing to go to Church but saw Emily still sleeping soundly and decided to delay for a moment.

It was a wonderful Sunday morning and I could hear the birds singing happily on the trees outside my window. Thought I should check out my two little devils sleeping next door, so I got out of bed.

As I walked along the corridors towards their room, I saw the room door ajar. I laughed at their carelessness and opened the door to check on them. They were sleeping soundly. I smiled in my heart.

Then,as I went to the kitchen to make breakfast for them, I heard a commotion outside on the street. I looked out of the kitchen window.

A huge column of protesters was formed on the street below. There were like 2000 people on the street blocking all the carpark exits of the buildings on either side of the road......

27 October 2011 Thursday 3:00pm

Recalling the protest incident last Sunday, I laughed it off and continue on my way to fetch my two darlings back from their school.

The car audio beeped and I saw Emily name displayed on my instrument cluster. I activated the car phone and there were many loving exchanges in our conversation.

At the traffic junction, I could see the blue sky leading all the way to my 2 darlings school. Suddenly, I felt an earthquake tremor under the car and saw a deep road crack infront of me.....

1 November 2011 Tuesday 2:15am

Angela the younger devil, is running a high fever. We should get her as soon as possible to the nearest emergency which is 35km away.

I could see Emily's tears in her eyes as she stroked my angel on her forehead. I did a quick glance at John , the older devil and saw him sleeping soundly on the passenger's seat...

17 November 2011

Unexpected heavy snow....this time my car engine is dead.

18 December 2011

Another protest.... this time, I found a stone crack in my window.

2 March 2012

The four of us saw the green land below approaching us and getting bigger and bigger from the plane. The white tall buildings on the coastal area looked like a scene from a science fiction novel.

The Lion City.....

20 April 2012

My family and I are now fully settled in our new home near the Lion River. We could see the river just from our windows in the living room. This is like a paradise on planet Earth....

Emily put the Business Times on the breakfast table while I was sipping my coffee. We thought of buying a home here we can truly call our own in 6 months time and were just discussing that the other day.

Then, the headline on the paper caught my attention:

Restriction on foreigner purchase on Landed property. (Note: already happened on 8 Dec 2011 )My dear bro, your story repeated how many times already huh? Developers won't absorb stamp duty de lah... its way too early to do anything like this. :cheers6: If you can think like this, I'm sure your counterparts will too... :)

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 19:36
My dear bro, your story repeated how many times already huh? Developers won't absorb stamp duty de lah... its way too early to do anything like this. :cheers6: If you can think like this, I'm sure your counterparts will too... :)

dear bro..many developers are old men already, so have to remind them over and over again la...WOAAHAHAHAHAH

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 19:37
Sounds like the science fiction I read when I was in primary school. Okay, pass your essay: Grade "B"

By the way, the right platform to bring your message across to the key developers is REDAS, not condosingapore forum... here only got tcss people like me.

bro, you sure they will all speak their minds frankly meh at such formal gatherings? Some more sure got some will show their objection one....here is one way traffic message to drill into their heads hor...

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 19:38
My dear bro, your story repeated how many times already huh? Developers won't absorb stamp duty de lah... its way too early to do anything like this. :cheers6: If you can think like this, I'm sure your counterparts will too... :)

btw, brother ysyap, giving huge discounts will have the same effect as absorbing stamp duties hor...

ysyap
10-12-11, 19:38
So far only heard FEO chu pattern.. any other developers have emerged with new tricks? :cheers6:

hyenergix
10-12-11, 19:41
bro, you sure they will all speak their minds frankly meh at such formal gatherings? Some more sure got some will show their objection one....here is one way traffic message to drill into their heads hor...

You are implying developers (the old men you were talking about) read this forum?

hyenergix
10-12-11, 19:44
So far only heard FEO chu pattern.. any other developers have emerged with new tricks? :cheers6:

It is quite un-nerving if the showroom has very few viewers/ customers. I believe agents will feedback to the IC who in turn work with developers for "relief" packages (Question: actually "relief" for who? Ans: agents and developers). Just wait for a few more weeks.

ysyap
10-12-11, 19:45
btw, brother ysyap, giving huge discounts will have the same effect as absorbing stamp duties hor...Developers should tell buyers share the stamp duties lor... you take 1.5%, I'll take 1.5%. Think most projects new launches are already giving out > 3% discounts le... :cheers6:so actually developers just don't dish out this initial discount upfront lor.. so developers actually make more. They just give 1.5% discount instead of 3%. :cheers1:

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 20:05
Developers should tell buyers share the stamp duties lor... you take 1.5%, I'll take 1.5%. Think most projects new launches are already giving out > 3% discounts le... :cheers6:so actually developers just don't dish out this initial discount upfront lor.. so developers actually make more. They just give 1.5% discount instead of 3%. :cheers1:

Good one, brother ysyap! How come I never see it in that way ? Thanks...I will think about it deeply.

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 20:07
It is quite un-nerving if the showroom has very few viewers/ customers. I believe agents will feedback to the IC who in turn work with developers for "relief" packages (Question: actually "relief" for who? Ans: agents and developers). Just wait for a few more weeks.

Not only un-nerving...it looks sad whenever someone drives by the empty showroom hor !

hyenergix
10-12-11, 20:08
Not only un-nerving...it looks sad whenever someone drives by the empty showroom hor !

I worried for the agents because they have families to feed... I suspect some had not closed a deal for months.

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 20:09
You are implying developers (the old men you were talking about) read this forum?

Not implying but just guessing only. Now...just look at the hot threads in this forums, there are only so few of us talking to each other. Who are the rest of the invisible thousands viewers? You mean we keep coming back to read our own post over and over again on different ip addresses meh ?!!!

:banghead:

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 20:11
I worried for the agents because they have families to feed... I suspect some had not closed a deal for months.

Yes indeed.. I worry for them too for I was also an understudy property agent once a long time ago hor...that time GCB only $6million !!!!

hyenergix
10-12-11, 20:14
Yes indeed.. I worry for them too for I was also an understudy property agent once a long time ago hor...that time GCB only $6million !!!!

Why you quit eh? You could have started your own agency and made BILLIONS.

blackjack21trader
10-12-11, 20:22
Why you quit eh? You could have started your own agency and made BILLIONS.

I did not quit la..just upgrade to another level la....WOAHAHAAHAHAAH

basic
10-12-11, 20:32
Fellow SINGAPORE DEVELOPERS !

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT ABSORB THE STAMP DUTIES FOR THE BUYERS!

THE DEMAND FOR SINGAPORE PROPERTY COME JAN 2012 WILL BE VERY STRONG. SO STRONG THAT YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE IT !

DO NOT LEFT TO REGRET FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS!

HERE'S WHY:
===================================================

Feb 2012:The Beginning of the Golden Era

Beginning Feb 2012 until Dec 2012, when finally they will be in a Perfect Straight Line summoning the Arrival of the Universal Golden Era which occurs only once in a million years.

Human Knowledge will be elevated many levels up in connection with the Galactic Center.

In early 2012, The US will recover from her recession and Europe’s debts problems will find a solution. It will be the Golden Age in the East leading the West into a full economic recovery.

A Quad-Polar World will start to take form- with US, Europe, Russia and China leading the Globe into a New Era of World’s Peace.

The Main Focus of the New Age will be the Pursue of New Alternative Energy.

Dow will touch 15,000 and beyond and so will STI hit more than 4000. World’s stock markets will rally beyond never seen before highs.

Singapore property will continue to be in very high demand. Visitors and tourists to Singapore will rise beyond anybody’s imagination. The tentative figure has been whispered by the Sky People to be 15 million in 2012.

Message from Your Humble Brother,
神龙股圣。
BLACKJACK21TRADER

hahahaha......ki siao liao....
very nice...all hold tight tight....hold long term ok......
all go to ho lan together....all up lorry liao....there you go....
so naive & blind, living in denial...all born loser....
hope & dream will become regret, curse & swear.....no way out....by then, too late liao....
of couse, brainless will follow stupidly....some quickly sell quietly themselves.....
hahaha....hold few more months, you will see domino falling like toufu.....:):):):)

Eastboy
10-12-11, 20:32
omg we have TWO MR Bs. different is one is a Bull B, another is a Bear B.

who do you support? :cheers4: hahaha!

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 07:13
Property prices shall remain strong for 2012. I expect a little moderation due to many new buyers pulling out of the market. Prices could fall maximum only 3% but continue to remain stable for 2012 until the measures CM4 & CM5 are removed- provided they are ever going to get removed at all.

There may be a noticeable drop in transaction volume for 2012, but market will definately still remain very very stable- very stable indeed.

Note that private property are not stocks. There is no minimum lot to allow small players into the market. There is a minimum capital entry barrier of at least $300,000 cash to prevent any small players from entering.

The current property sellers are also not stock market sellers. Weaker holders and speculators had already been filtered out at the last CM.

Take note that the recent government measure CM5 is obviously to protect Singaporean. If economy suddenly turned bad? Our government do not wish Singaporean to hold the last durians in their hands just in case the foreigners suddenly decide to take off balek kampong.

So, do not think that government CM5 will crash the market.

Just My Humble Opinion Only.

basic
11-12-11, 07:18
Property prices shall remain strong for 2012. I expect a little moderation due to many new buyers pulling out of the market. Prices could fall maximum only 3% but continue to remain stable for 2012 until the measures CM4 & CM5 are removed- provided they are ever going to get removed at all.

There may be a noticeable drop in transaction volume for 2012, but market will definately still remain very very stable- very stable indeed.

Note that private property are not stocks. There is no minimum lot to allow small players into the market. There is a minimum capital entry barrier of at least $300,000 cash to prevent any small players from entering.

The current property sellers are also not stock market sellers. Weaker holders and speculators had already been filtered out at the last CM.

Just My Humble Opinion Only.

you will hai si a lot of lang.....many will bankrupt, family broken, even jump reservoir because of your posting....
well done....hold tight tight & hope, till regret & gone.....:):):):)

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 07:20
you will hai si a lot of lang.....many will bankrupt, family broken, even jump reservoir because of your posting....
well done....hold tight tight & hope, till regret & gone.....:):):):)

You are the one to hai si lang. You are trying to stir up the kancheong spiders to sell cheaply. Take note they already invested their money in the property liao ok. Once they sold it, it will be paper loss become real losses. This is different from asking people not to buy.

When you are bashing my bullish posts, did I ever said for once you will HAI SI LANG? You are very ungentleman.

talk about personal attacks, you started it again hor. So do not blame the forumers here for bashing you hor.

basic
11-12-11, 07:27
You are the one to hai si lang. You are trying to stir up the kancheong spiders to sell cheaply. Take note they already invested their money in the property liao ok. Once they sold it, it will be paper loss become real losses. This is different from asking people not to buy.talk about personal attacks, you started it again hor. So do not blame the forumers here for bashing you hor.

haha....this is personal attack?? personal advice instead.....
like your stock, you never cut lost that is why lost get bigger every month...
next 6-12 month, STI easily down another 30-50%....cut lost now??.....

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 07:30
haha....this is personal attack?? personal advice instead.....
like your stock, you never cut lost that is why lost get bigger every month...
next 6-12 month, STI easily down another 30-50%....cut lost now??.....

Talk about my stock.. I am investing it and not trading it. Trading is for lamers like you. Why you cry mama in CNA forum on your stock losses, did I ever bring it once up like you bringing it up so many times? If this is not trying to discredit me, then what is it ?

proud owner
11-12-11, 07:30
wapiang

a desperate attempt ..

when now quite confirm prices will fall ..or at best stagnate ... use the stars to trick people hahaha

cannot convince the buyers and sellers .. start to work on developers ?

you are good ...

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 07:32
wapiang

a desperate attempt ..

when now quite confirm prices will fall ..or at best stagnate ... use the stars to trick people hahaha

you are good ...

Go ahead, join the basic camp. I am trying to protect the current property owners. So disappointed in you, you are not my brother anymore.

proud owner
11-12-11, 07:35
Go ahead, join the basic camp. I am trying to protect the current property owners. So disappointed in you, you are not my brother anymore.

wa lau eh

you got treat me as bro meh ?

i dun support either ...

i always use info from the forum and make my own judgement ..
if i am correct ..good
if i am wrong ... pay for the mistake and learn from it ..

thats what all should do ...

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 07:39
wa lau eh

you got treat me as bro meh ?

i dun support either ...

i always use info from the forum and make my own judgement ..
if i am correct ..good
if i am wrong ... pay for the mistake and learn from it ..

thats what all should do ...

then I took the trouble to spell brother proud owner in FULL for what ? For Christmas ?

I am trying to cool the sentiments of rash investors in the market. Under such conditions, instead of saying encouraging words and posting good news. What are some trying to do here ? Throw stone into the well:落井下石。

proud owner
11-12-11, 07:41
then I take the trouble to spell brother proud owner for what ? For Christmas ?

I am trying to cool the sentiments of rash investors in the market. Under such conditions, instead of saying encouraging words and posting good news. What are some trying to do here ? Throw stone into the well:落井下石。

oksorry sorry
brother

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 07:42
oksorry sorry
brother

aiya..never mind la ..you are still my brother...dun say sorry ok...you did not do anything wrong what...:) just that I am very angry by some forumers here that keep rubbing salts on my wounds.

basic
11-12-11, 07:48
aiya..never mind la ..you are still my brother...dun say sorry ok...you did not do anything wrong what...:) just that I am very angry by some forumers here that keep rubbing salts on my wounds.

hard truth is hard to swallow.....
If you listened to me, did not buy stock in Aug 1, you save 85% of your total asset....
If you read my post 1.5 months ago to sell all your property, you save 20-30% of all your property price today.....

yet you still hold so tight, then put blame on others.....childish & naive will get you to bottom.....

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 07:52
wapiang

a desperate attempt ..

you are good ...

See, brother proud owner, Life is a path of choices. Whenever I give my humble advice like now: which is to the developers not to give discount, I give them a choice and put in elements of doubts into my advice.

How so? By using some ridiculous example like the stars or fengshui reasoning.

Why so? So that they will have to decide finally and put in more thoughts before acting on anything rash and irrational. Before they even act on any of my suggestion, they have to think hard first because of this element of doubts.

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 07:56
If you listened to me, did not buy stock in Aug 1, you save 85% of your total asset....
If you read my post 1.5 months ago to sell all your property, you save 20-30% of all your property price today.....

yet you still hold so tight, then put blame on others.....childish & naive will get you to bottom.....

See, I never blame you at all what. I said in CNA that luckily you advised me against putting in my remaining 25% into the stock markets. Also, it was too late to take your advice because I already punted in the funds. You think like $10 so easy to pull out meh ?

brother basic/alam1, what you saw I already seen it. Only that the point of entry I enter is not the lowest point.

WOAHAAHAHAHAHA

CCR
11-12-11, 07:58

OMG Now brother basic cone to your post to spread rumours..... This is a developer's bull thread.... Do NOT spread your bear comments hers.... Sounds familiar? Go back to your own thread..... Sounds familiar? :D

And may I know where did property drop 20% in the last 1.5 months? :doh:

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 08:01
OMG Now brother basic cone to your post to spread rumours..... This is a developer's bull thread.... Do NOT spread your bear comments hers.... Sounds familiar? Go back to your own thread..... Sounds familiar? :D

brother CCR, it is good that there is a counter view to every investment call. This is a must so that every investor have to think hard on their own feet before making any investment moves. That is why, I welcome bulls and bearish post here no matter how ridiculous they can be.

ysyap
11-12-11, 08:02
Nice to see Mr B joining another of Mr Blackjack's thread.... Lol! Crossfire!:o

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 08:04
Nice to see Mr B joining another of Mr Blackjack's thread.... Lol! Crossfire!:o

Mr B is never aware that I am actually capitalising on his popularity. He has been made used of. Can't wait to see this thread views rocket leh..

WOAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

ysyap
11-12-11, 08:06
Mr B is never aware that I am actually capitalising on his popularity. He has been made used of. Can't wait to see this thread views rocket leh..

WOAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHNice one... good job bro BJ21T. :D

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 08:08

Why it is not easy to pull out a big position from the stock market:

Every 100lots you sell, you run the risks of causing the stock price to drop further as you sell.

You think like in Hong Kong movies arh ? Just dump 1000lots like nobody business meh ?

basic
11-12-11, 08:11

that is what I always said....once you started it to go to bear thread, then don't blame others....
haha.....why so worry.....whatever, property will down >50% in 2-3 yrs time....

CCR
11-12-11, 08:19
Sorry I am not worried.... I don't flip and all my Properties bought way before this year..... Even if it drop 50%, I would still not make a loss.... And I have cashed out of one unit 6 months ago..... So I am actually in a good position even if it drop, I can buy another unit at lower prices And ride the next upturn...

I just want to show you that it is good and polite to show some etiquette, even if it's on the net.... And hopefully by highlighting it to you, you will be a better person...

Rysk
11-12-11, 08:42

Hi MISSED THE BOAT EXPERT MR. B, I have been eyeing Newton/Novena area recently.. can you prove to me the 20-30% drop in price over there "TODAY"?

But again & again & again I have doubt whether I can get a simple answer from you (again)..
Just in case you totally can't find the prove, is ok for me, just tell me you are a liar & I will forgive you..
As long as you don't (again)act blur saying what time will tell or divert attention by calling me moron/liar/fools/born loser/etc can already lor:D

The other one?? Oh ya! You mean the one who:

Talk big big now drop 10-20%.. when kena hamtam.... quick change to time will tell :D
Talk big big S'pore.. when kena hamtam.... quick divert attention back to China/HK :D
Talk big big here & there.. when kena question & can't answer.... say he no need to answer all ppl question :D
One moment said he is here for discussion.. when got heat-up.... next moment said he is not here for a discussion :D
When kena hamtam jialet jialet by ppl & no where to hid.. just say ppl is a liar :D
Twist & turn very good.. Divert attention also very good.. cut & paste news very good. :D
Keep calling ppl Fool & Born Loser on ppl who choose to keep their pty.. :D

basic
11-12-11, 09:08
Hi MISSED THE BOAT EXPERT MR. B, I have been eyeing Newton/Novena area recently.. can you prove to me the 20-30% drop in price over there "TODAY"?

But again & again & again I have doubt whether I can get a simple answer from you (again)..
Just in case you totally can't find the prove, is ok for me, just tell me you are a liar & I will forgive you..
As long as you don't (again)act blur saying what time will tell or divert attention by calling me moron/liar/fools/born loser/etc can already lor:D

moron talk......

Rysk
11-12-11, 09:33

moron talk......

Oh! Not again! Cannot answer just call me moron..
Yet again you can't show prove to support your comment on price drop 20-30% today???
But anyway is ok, I already got use to it.. cos this is not the first time you can't show prove to support your comments:D

Don't always fire blank shot lah!:D

basic
11-12-11, 09:52
Oh! Not again! Cannot answer just call me moron..
Yet again you can't show prove to support your comment on price drop 20-30% today???
But anyway is ok, I already got use to it.. cos this is not the first time you can't show prove to support your comments:D

Don't always fire blank shot lah!:D

moron, is the don't waste time way to deal with moron like you......

Rysk
11-12-11, 10:40
moron, is the don't waste time way to deal with moron like you......

I don't mind you call me moron.. but can I call you a LIAR??:D

Jonathan0503
11-12-11, 10:49
btw, brother ysyap, giving huge discounts will have the same effect as absorbing stamp duties hor...

What if the developer pays the stamp duty and caveat still indicate the original selling price? Then no drop in property price right?

jwong71
11-12-11, 10:52
What if the developer pays the stamp duty and caveat still indicate the original selling price? Then no drop in property price right?

stamp duty 3%... ST headlines shout 30% drop..

who still buy, a falling knife..??

confidence level shaken, unless coupled with huge discount..
otherwise little takers

jwong71
11-12-11, 10:53

preferably this CMs doesnt work,

standby for next CM lol:scared-2:

my earlier posts smthing abt sitting duck, waiitng to be shoot.:D

rattydrama
11-12-11, 10:55
the developer will have to declare the final price + any discount, relief packages given to the buyer. This means ceveat will show the final price after all sorts of discount.

however if you give 1% com to yr friend and the cheque is issued to yr fren's name, this 1% will not show. one developer is doing this.

rattydrama
11-12-11, 10:56
stamp duty 3%... ST headlines shout 30% drop..

who still buy, a falling knife..??

confidence level shaken, unless coupled with huge discount..
otherwise little takers

sg gov just ask all not to buy anything now. simple as that.
any one trying to sell will just have to decide hor.....

rattydrama
11-12-11, 11:02
my swiss col told me in 2009 during the financial crisis... sales of rolex watches plummeted badly and all retailers cried.

instead of selling at discounted prices, rolex chose to buy back all the watches. No discount ever n never. When the market recovered, no problem in moving their products and retailers are happy.

what about tag hauer today?

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 11:23

dear brother Jonathan0503, very good point you brought up !

our highly regarded government has already forseen that. Note the stamp duties is applied on market value or purchase price, whichever is higher. So, does not matter if you sell lower but market higher. You still gotta pay the higher duty. And it is not 10%, it is additional 10%, so for foreigner to buy a $2million property, it is 13% or like buying with a HDB lor. WOAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA

You see, that is the whole reason why I warn the developer brothers NOT to gong gong (blur blur or 布鲁,布鲁) give discounts. MIW has thought out a PERFECT MOVE. That is why I say...PERFECTLY INGENIOUS MOVE to protect the local Singapore buyers, especially first time buyers!

神龙股圣

buttercarp
11-12-11, 11:24
my swiss col told me in 2009 during the financial crisis... sales of rolex watches plummeted badly and all retailers cried.

instead of selling at discounted prices, rolex chose to buy back all the watches. No discount ever n never. When the market recovered, no problem in moving their products and retailers are happy.

what about tag hauer today?

Tag heuer how to compare to rolex, no resale value.
Don't think recession will affect much of its sale.

samsara
11-12-11, 11:25
Buyer stamp duties have always been on the market value or purchase price, whichever is higher. This works in theory but is rarely enforced unless the disparity is too great.

dear brother Jonathan0503, very good point you brought up !

our highly regarded government has already forseen that. Note the stamp duties is applied on market value or purchase price, whichever is higher. So, does not matter if you sell lower but market higher. You still gotta pay the higher duty. And it is not 10%, it is additional 10%, so for foreigner to buy a $2million property, it is 13% or like buying with a HDB lor. WOAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA

You see, that is the whole reason why I warn the developer brothers NOT to gong gong give discounts. MIW has thought out a PERFECT MOVE. That is why I say...PERFECTLY INGENIOUS MOVE to protect the local Singapore buyers, especially first time buyers!

神龙股圣

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 11:27
Buyer stamp duties have always been on the market value or purchase price, whichever is higher. This works in theory but is rarely enforced unless the disparity is too great.

:):):) Oic, thanks.

samsara
11-12-11, 11:29
You have highlighted a trend that has been on-going for a long while. The majority of forummers now neglect basic decorum and etiquette when they post on the internet forums. Most do not even try to spell properly and write grammatically anymore. It is not that they are unable to; they just do not bother to. :)

Sorry I am not worried.... I don't flip and all my Properties bought way before this year..... Even if it drop 50%, I would still not make a loss.... And I have cashed out of one unit 6 months ago..... So I am actually in a good position even if it drop, I can buy another unit at lower prices And ride the next upturn...

I just want to show you that it is good and polite to show some etiquette, even if it's on the net.... And hopefully by highlighting it to you, you will be a better person...

teddybear
11-12-11, 12:32
Your conclusion wrong? The rules say so:
1) Foreigners slapped with 10% ABSD - So foreigners, you better don't buy
2) PRs buying 2nd property slapped with 3% ABSD - So PRs of this catergory better don't buy!
3) Citizens buying 3rd property slapped with 3 ABSD - So citizens in this category better don't buy!

New policy will cause prices to crash and the rest get incentive to buy right? :cheers1:

sg gov just ask all not to buy anything now. simple as that.
any one trying to sell will just have to decide hor.....

ysyap
11-12-11, 12:36
2) PRs buying 2nd property slapped with 3% ABSD - So PRs of this catergory better don't buy!
3) Citizens buying 3rd property slapped with 3 ABSD - So citizens in this category better don't buy!

New policy will cause prices to crash and the rest get incentive to buy right? :cheers1:Agreed... the latest CM also affecting some 30% (at the most) of home buyers. The remaining 70% will dictate the market still so at most market correct a bit lah... its the Euro crisis and US crisis that will be more :scared-1: in the long run... :cheers6:

rattydrama
11-12-11, 15:32

New policy will cause prices to crash and the rest get incentive to buy right? :cheers1:
if it is that simple. The rest will only buy if they are desperate.

rattydrama
11-12-11, 15:35
Tag heuer how to compare to rolex, no resale value.
Don't think recession will affect much of its sale.

last time some 15 years ago, tag heuer is deemed to be a branded swiss watch not on par as rolex but is a less expensive young brother. today, it is an ordinary watch with no resale value.

teddybear
11-12-11, 16:20
Scarely those encouraged to buy already bought then properties crash further! Say property price drop 20-30%, & most of these category 4 bought. After that, global situations worsen, drop another 30-40%! :doh:
What will happen? :p
Majority feel kenna played out by the latest policy. Next GE in 2016 *#$*&()!@#$%#$&^%&*^*(&(&*)! Oh my god! Gov wear blue uniforms? :scared-1:

Agreed... the latest CM also affecting some 30% (at the most) of home buyers. The remaining 70% will dictate the market still so at most market correct a bit lah... its the Euro crisis and US crisis that will be more :scared-1: in the long run... :cheers6:

4) New policy will cause prices to crash and the rest get incentive to buy right?

hyenergix
11-12-11, 16:34
Who actually needs more than one property except investors and speculators? The government should just implement COE for property.
Different categories for different income level. Cat E for foreign investors, which has the lowest quota to ensure it is always way overbidded.

andy
11-12-11, 16:39
Who actually needs more than one property except investors and speculators? The government should just implement COE for property.
Different categories for different income level. Cat E for foreign investors, which has the lowest quota to ensure it is always way overbidded.

You may get what you wish for hor:banghead:
Why stop at property. Why not also it for shares and casino? See where investment will go....

ysyap
11-12-11, 16:47
Why stop at property. Why not also it for shares and casino? See where investment will go....Govt should encourage locals to invest and invest but not overcommit. Otherwise govt will expect the people to look to them to help during old age coz money no enough... Lol! Govt is helping themselves by encouraging investment... :cheers6:

hyenergix
11-12-11, 16:51
Why stop at property. Why not also it for shares and casino? See where investment will go....

Cars n properties take up a lot of land in Singapore. We need to conserve our resources, n redistribute e wealth to help e poor n unfortunate. I project beyond 2020, land will so precious tt govt will do something serious like this. I doubt e CM5 will b removed unless our birthrate falls v low n foreigners are welcomed w open arms.

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 16:57

Yes..I remember a forumer here suggested to control foreigner purchase recently. Better think first before we suggest/wish for anything in this forum hor.

WOAHAHAHAHAAHAH

phantom_opera
11-12-11, 17:33
Cars n properties take up a lot of land in Singapore. We need to conserve our resources, n redistribute e wealth to help e poor n unfortunate. I project beyond 2020, land will so precious tt govt will do something serious like this. I doubt e CM5 will b removed unless our birthrate falls v low n foreigners are welcomed w open arms.

yes, brother you are enlightened, cm5 will be here to stay for long time, thus the strange timing and plunge in property stocks

maisonjai
11-12-11, 17:49
Cat E for foreign investors, which has the lowest quota to ensure it is always way overbidded.
SC Gobal will love u deep deep, look at the number of luxury cars on the rd after COE quota cut. CCR will Cheong. i mean the price not the owner of the Co. haha

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 18:31
The drop for new property will not be more than 30%, most likely max. 5% because developer's margin is less than that. Anyway, the difference between a new property and an old one is about 20%. So this gap has been bridged and we could see resale for old properties transaction started to go up in the next few months resulting in old private catching up with new ones.

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 18:35
If local Singapore developers want to sell easily for their next project. They should not give discount to their current projects. Instead, let the foreign bear the 10% price premium. 10% for A Good and Safe Life in Singapore is a low price to pay. You can keep your money in our banks or STI and sleep soundly every night.

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 18:39
When you are in a platoon and suddenly a sniper shot your IC. What do you do ?

Answer: DO NOT do anything first. Because the sniper got you on his target, but you do not know where he is coming from. If you shoot back, you could go Holland yourself.

Solution: DO NOT PANIC-Take cover and watch the situation. See any more shots coming your way and from where !

phantom_opera
11-12-11, 18:43
bro BJ why u so kan cheong, high gearing with 4y SSD is it?

samsara
11-12-11, 18:43
One of the main reasons for the sharp drop in the local property counters over the last two days is precisely due to the confusion that arose amongst the general populace.

It was largely construed that while the Singapore government frowned upon speculation, it encouraged prudent investment (even foreign investment). The implementation of CM5 created waves and much consternation because the highlight of it was the punitive nature of the measures (particularly against purchases by foreigners).

Should Tharman or Khaw step out to clarify the rationale behind the imposition of these measures instead of summarising it on a blog with vague statements (to strengthen, stabilise and sustain the property market), the markets would find direction sooner than later.

Govt should encourage locals to invest and invest but not overcommit. Otherwise govt will expect the people to look to them to help during old age coz money no enough... Lol! Govt is helping themselves by encouraging investment... :cheers6:

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 18:47
bro BJ why u so kan cheong, high gearing with 4y SSD is it?

Of cos I am kancheong mah...that is why I dun want others to make the situation worse. WOAHAHAAHAHAHAH

phantom_opera
11-12-11, 18:49
One of the main reasons for the sharp drop in the local property counters over the last two days is precisely due to the confusion that arose amongst the general populace.

It was largely construed that while the Singapore government frowned upon speculation, it encouraged prudent investment (even foreign investment). The implementation of CM5 created waves and much consternation because the highlight of it was the punitive nature of the measures (particularly against purchases by foreigners).

Should Tharman or Khaw step out to clarify the rationale behind the imposition of these measures instead of summarising it on a blog with vague statements (to strengthen, stabilise and sustain the property market), the markets would find direction sooner than later.

totally agree, they should come out to clarify whether they still ok with sg properties as medium to long term investment .. again the following group of ppl will benefit the most (especially those with many children):

Managing director Don Tan, a 36-year-old Singaporean with a family of four, said: "Singaporeans can really plan for the future. If it (price) keeps rising, then I think my future generation, there's no place for us already...(In) Singapore, after all, the land is constrained so it's better that we put some control to it (property market) so that Singaporeans are put on a higher priority."

samsara
11-12-11, 18:54
How would one define "poor" and "unfortunate"? Do we use income levels, net household wealth, the number of cars the family has or other parameters? It is difficult to draw a line in the sand and then classify the populace into "rich" and "poor".

Charity should be reserved for those who do not have the ability to fend for themselves (e.g. mental or physical disadvantaged folks). If meritocracy is the way forward (as the government has painted our socio-economic model for years), then what we need to do is to provide as many opportunities as possible to those who have the abilities to fend for themselves.

IMHO, with such a model, the final responsibility of success-creation lies with the individual and not with society or the government. This is how society can continue to grow. Welfare-oriented countries such as Britain are fighting an uphill battle to keep their young motivated and driven. Many are on the dole, the cost of which is ultimately shouldered by the rest of the tax-payers.

However, if the Singapore government has decided that meritocracy is not the way forward, it should be responsible enough to admit that and not continue to preach it while dishing out policies which begin to reek of socialism. Such a situation will only cause frustration and confusion for many locals and foreigners alike.

Regulators
11-12-11, 18:56
Bro bj, relax lah, hope you not too stressed with the new regulations. I don't think developers will lower prices very much, they will probably resort to upping the price by 20% then tell you they absorb absd. If any dirty tricks, developers should know best :D

andy
11-12-11, 18:57

There is no need to explain 6 months after GE. This is Singapore's strength. See comments on this article
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/289271/Britain-to-be-the-next-Singapore

REIT is just collateral damage.

Things would be different if it is 6 months before GE since we have seen not only clarifications but also apologies.

samsara
11-12-11, 19:01
If this is the approach that the Singapore government is going to take henceforth, then there is no doubt that the incumbent would lose not only the votes of the young and vocal but also those of the older ones who begin to see their retirement nest-eggs diminish due to confusing signals sent out through their policies.

Sadly, in trying to please everyone, they will end up pleasing no-one.

There is no need to explain 6 months after GE. This is Singapore's strength. See comments on this article
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/289271/Britain-to-be-the-next-Singapore

REIT is just collateral damage.

Things would be different if it is 6 months before GE since we have seen not only clarifications but also apologies.

andy
11-12-11, 19:03
However, if the Singapore government has decided that meritocracy is not the way forward, it should be responsible enough to admit that and not continue to preach it while dishing out policies which begin to reek of socialism. Such a situation will only cause frustration and confusion for many locals and foreigners alike.

You hit the nail on the head. 40% does not want meritocracy. Garment is listening, I believe

Let's take this another step. Many parents also do not want their children to compete with the brainest FT in PLSE. How about giving locals 10% bonus marks?

andy
11-12-11, 19:08
If this is the approach that the Singapore government is going to take henceforth, then there is no doubt that the incumbent would lose not only the votes of the young and vocal but also those of the older ones who begin to see their retirement nest-eggs diminish due to confusing signals sent out through their policies.

Sadly, in trying to please everyone, they will end up pleasing no-one.
It will be a balancing act to please both sides to maximize votes. The reality is that younger generation rather see PC as their 1st home rather than hdb.

samsara
11-12-11, 19:18
Using your analogy, my personal belief is that all students should be given equal access to resources so that their own potential and industriousness become the limiting factors.

The issues with our education system lie with the following:

a. inadequate description and emphasis of the holistic purpose of education
b. faulty means employed to test students on their knowledge and understanding of subjects
c. improper motivation of teachers, other educators and personnel who are in one way or another involved in the process of education
d. over-emphasis on academic subjects such as mathematics and science
e. insufficient emphasis on the importance of moral values and ethics

These are the fault-lines in our education system. Without correcting the foundation with these in mind, the education system in this country will continue to miss its mark and produce generation after generation of people who try only to score high marks based on rote-learning and are bereft of an understanding of the social compact.

You hit the nail on the head. 40% does not want meritocracy. Garment is listening, I believe

Let's take this another step. Many parents also do not want their children to compete with the brainest FT in PLSE. How about giving locals 10% bonus marks?

samsara
11-12-11, 19:22
Crafting policies to maximise votes is akin to putting the cart before the horse.

Policies that are sound and that arise from the genuine desire to serve and help will naturally result in a country and her people flourishing. When that happens, the policy-makers will win votes without any further artificial means.

On the other hand, if maximising votes is always the key thing on the minds of policy-setters, then ironically, they will find it difficult to please everyone.

It will be a balancing act to please both sides to maximize votes. The reality is that younger generation rather see PC as their 1st home rather than hdb.

devilplate
11-12-11, 19:27
Hdb 400psf, ocr 600psf, rcr 800psf, orchard 1kpsf ;)

andy
11-12-11, 19:40
On the other hand, if maximising votes is always the key thing on the minds of policy-setters, then ironically, they will find it difficult to please everyone.
Assuming 'hot money' is the primary issue then:
A meritocratic policy would be a 10% ABSD for everyone for the purchase of the properties which are not your home, the same way some countries implement capital gains tax for properties which are not your residence.

However this would lose votes from all sides. Hence the tier structure as foreigners can't vote.

basic
11-12-11, 19:42
hahahaha......ki siao liao....
very nice...all hold tight tight....hold long term ok......
all go to ho lan together....all up lorry liao....there you go....
so naive & blind, living in denial...all born loser....
hope & dream will become regret, curse & swear.....no way out....by then, too late liao....
of couse, brainless will follow stupidly....some quickly sell quietly themselves.....
hahaha....hold few more months, you will see domino falling like toufu.....:):):):)

go ahead & borrow more if possible to buy more now to support the market, nobody buy it will dive fast.....
with more firesell transacted from now on, will become benchmark for next few weeks to down more from here every week....race for time to get out before Euro explode....once Euro trigger, down 10-20% easily overnight.....
developers also must cut more & deeper than resale to close deal before domino start to fall 1 by 1....
when retrenchment spread from banking & semicon now to all sectors, company bankrupt across...by then US election is due.....by then get ready for FED to demolish.....unwinding of carry trade & printed $$.....by then STI already down below 1600, margin call, force sell, lost & market capitalisation evaporated by 100 of S$Bil....export freeze, no demand, all funds & investment pull out, S$ weaken....

buy more...we need more weak holders & over-leverage owners to crash property harder.....some already start to get panic & running like kan cheong spiders or rats.....don't cut lost now, their lost will grow till unstoppable....many will pay DEBT for whole life or bankrupt, family broken, jump track....

devilplate
11-12-11, 20:39
Limit 1 landed ppty for every household

Give every lion sons a chance to fight for our country and protect our land ;)

devilplate
11-12-11, 20:41
Above 800psf 10% bsd, above 1kpsf 20% bsd, above 1500psf 50% bsd;)

It 30% bsd, Semi d, detached 50%bsd, gcb 100% bsd ;)

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 20:42
Limit 1 landed ppty for every household

Give every lion sons a chance to fight for our country and protect our land ;)

Wah lau eh, brother! Like that machiam go back ancient China romance of 3 kingdoms time Liao lah. Where the warlords promised the farmers one land for each battle won leh......

hyenergix
11-12-11, 21:10
COE for cars also must have locals/foreigners quota. Category F for Foreigners, and it must be set small so that it will be over-bidded.

devilplate
11-12-11, 21:33
COE for cars also must have locals/foreigners quota. Category F for Foreigners, and it must be set small so that it will be over-bidded.
Foreigner pay coe x2, pr pay coe x1.5 ;)

ysyap
11-12-11, 21:46
Foreigner pay coe x2, pr pay coe x1.5 ;)Citizens no need to pay coz foreigners pay for citizens liao... net govt still gain PR's 0.5 times... :p

august
11-12-11, 22:59
How would one define "poor" and "unfortunate"? Do we use income levels, net household wealth, the number of cars the family has or other parameters? It is difficult to draw a line in the sand and then classify the populace into "rich" and "poor".

Charity should be reserved for those who do not have the ability to fend for themselves (e.g. mental or physical disadvantaged folks). If meritocracy is the way forward (as the government has painted our socio-economic model for years), then what we need to do is to provide as many opportunities as possible to those who have the abilities to fend for themselves.

IMHO, with such a model, the final responsibility of success-creation lies with the individual and not with society or the government. This is how society can continue to grow. Welfare-oriented countries such as Britain are fighting an uphill battle to keep their young motivated and driven. Many are on the dole, the cost of which is ultimately shouldered by the rest of the tax-payers.

i think lets not exaggerate. Throwing out some bath water does not mean throwing out the baby. Meritocracy is not on trial here, neither is it the issue at hand.

if we really want to talk about meritocracy then we are really talking about competition. Competition and its reward motivate people. However competition also results in winners and losers, causing increasing gap between the rich and the poor and increasing inequality. This is a price worth paying as long as competition leads to a bigger pie and everyone gets to be better off. Yes, even the losers. The question then is how to re-distribute the pie such that everyone is truly better off. This is why taxes and such are necessary tools of wealth redistribution and part of the system of meritocracy. To say wealth redistribution tools are anti-meritocratic is intellectually dishonest, example can be seen in US how the right wing Republicans are fixated on cutting taxes and social programmes. In reality a balance is needed, and we can debate over the extent of that balance. But certainly in spore the present PAP govt cannot qualify as socialistic.. it is an accolade they do not deserve hahaha! :D

teddybear
11-12-11, 23:51
Thought the 10% absd is to discourage foreigners from buying private properties, particularly mass market properties like Bedok Residences and pushing up to $1350 psf? Then a better way and still earn foreign money is to tax 100% ABSD if foreigners buy any property below $1000 psf, 50% ABSD for property priced $1000-1500 psf; 20% ABSD for property priced $2000-2500 psf, 0% ABSD for property priced $2500 & above psf! :p

Above 800psf 10% bsd, above 1kpsf 20% bsd, above 1500psf 50% bsd;)

It 30% bsd, Semi d, detached 50%bsd, gcb 100% bsd ;)

devilplate
11-12-11, 23:54
Thought the 10% absd is to discourage foreigners from buying private properties, particularly mass market properties like Bedok Residences and pushing up to $1350 psf? Then a better way and still earn foreign money is to tax 100% ABSD if foreigners buy any property below $1000 psf, 50% ABSD for property priced $1000-1500 psf; 20% ABSD for property priced $2000-2500 psf, 0% ABSD for property priced $2500 & above psf! :p
Y not only orchard luxury condo r exempted from absd ;)

devilplate
12-12-11, 00:01
Btw its quite clear tat govt wants to narrow the rich and poor divide? Cm4 and 5 r bias against ccr ppty and favours mass market.....

Resale hdb px wif 50k cov do not nid to have further measures ;)

Eastboy
12-12-11, 00:03
3 of my expat colleagues say they lan lan will continue their rental agreement in D9 and D10...LOL...they don't want to buy liao....i told them good good, just continue to rent...anyway they are used to renting already..having worked in NYC, London, Paris...used to the high rent prices...

the real money they make is from stock market, not properties.

devilplate
12-12-11, 00:06
3 of my expat colleagues say they lan lan will continue their rental agreement in D9 and D10...LOL...they don't want to buy liao....i told them good good, just continue to rent...anyway they are used to renting already..having worked in NYC, London, Paris...used to the high rent prices...

the real money they make is from stock market, not properties.
This cm5 prevents real talents from taking root in sg.....:(

blackjack21trader
12-12-11, 03:22
i think lets not exaggerate. Throwing out some bath water does not mean throwing out the baby. Meritocracy is not on trial here, neither is it the issue at hand.

if we really want to talk about meritocracy then we are really talking about competition. Competition and its reward motivate people. However competition also results in winners and losers, causing increasing gap between the rich and the poor and increasing inequality. This is a price worth paying as long as competition leads to a bigger pie and everyone gets to be better off. Yes, even the losers. The question then is how to re-distribute the pie such that everyone is truly better off. This is why taxes and such are necessary tools of wealth redistribution and part of the system of meritocracy. To say wealth redistribution tools are anti-meritocratic is intellectually dishonest, example can be seen in US how the right wing Republicans are fixated on cutting taxes and social programmes. In reality a balance is needed, and we can debate over the extent of that balance. But certainly in spore the present PAP govt cannot qualify as socialistic.. it is an accolade they do not deserve hahaha! :D

wow brother august, your england ( = english ) is very nice. I hope u come here more often to educate us all so that we can write nice england like you :)

Geylang OKT
12-12-11, 05:17
warrau eh.... sibei tok kong englund, really bor beh zhao. is call arty farty type? I chow ah beng, no speak englund goot goot. :o :o

but I hor.... simple man write simple englund, think our gahmen is doing very goot goot job. no let house prices up up anymore. I like! Good gahmen. :D :D

hyenergix
12-12-11, 06:05

The taxes dont quite reach e poor efficiently. If not, we will not see old folks picking drink cans from rubbish bins or unfortunates selling tissue papers. On e other hand e upper echelon of e ruling class n civil servants help themselves generously to e taxes.

hyenergix
12-12-11, 06:07
warrau eh.... sibei tok kong englund, really bor beh zhao. is call arty farty type? I chow ah beng, no speak englund goot goot. :o :o

but I hor.... simple man write simple englund, think our gahmen is doing very goot goot job. no let house prices up up anymore. I like! Good gahmen. :D :D

The best English is simple English, not bombastic.

samsara
12-12-11, 07:22
At the risk of over-simplification, let us consider an analogy:

Tennis players are participating in the Grand Slam. In the course of the tournament, some perform well while others do not. Those who do not perform as well are forced out of the competition and will need to work on the relevant aspects of their capabilities to prepare for the next tournament.

What would the result be if the rules of tennis were changed mid-way in order to narrow the gap between those who are playing well and those who are not? Would a sudden change of regulations not result in frustration for those who are ahead in the game? At the same time, everyone who is participating in the tournament would now become wary of a recurrence of volatility given the precedent changes.

The meritocratic model requires that rules and regulations remain fairly constant but equal opportunities be given to all. Motivation and pressure to improve and change should be exerted from bottom-up instead of top-down (players training hard to improve their baseline in-game abilities).

If rules are tweaked mid-game to favour weaker players, the ones who have put in effort to train hard based on prior rules, and even the ones who had participated on the basis of the original set of rules, will lose confidence in the integrity of the tournament and the organisers of the competition.

Again, the above may over-simplify matters but I am citing the analogy just to help drive my viewpoints across. :)

samsara
12-12-11, 07:31
I agree. However, that is more a failure in our charity sub-system than with meritocracy in itself. Those who lack the ability to fend for themselves in society due to physical and/or mental disadvantages (extreme old age for example) should be assisted with a separate set of measures.

On the other hand, if we are advocating that every single person should enjoy the same quality of living and the same lifestyle regardless of how hard he works or how capable he is, would that not be self-defeating and that what we have been preaching all along is but pseudo-meritocracy?

The taxes dont quite reach e poor efficiently. If not, we will not see old folks picking drink cans from rubbish bins or unfortunates selling tissue papers. On e other hand e upper echelon of e ruling class n civil servants help themselves generously to e taxes.

ysyap
12-12-11, 07:55

Tennis players are participating in the Grand Slam. In the course of the tournament, some perform well while others do not. Those who do not perform as well are forced out of the competition and will need to work on the relevant aspects of their capabilities to prepare for the next tournament.

What would the result be if the rules of tennis were changed mid-way in order to narrow the gap between those who are playing well and those who are not? Would a sudden change of regulations not result in frustration for those who are ahead in the game? At the same time, everyone who is participating in the tournament would now become wary of a recurrence of volatility given the precedent changes.

The meritocratic model requires that rules and regulations remain fairly constant but equal opportunities be given to all. Motivation and pressure to improve and change should be exerted from bottom-up instead of top-down (players training hard to improve their baseline in-game abilities).

If rules are tweaked mid-game to favour weaker players, the ones who have put in effort to train hard based on prior rules, and even the ones who had participated on the basis of the original set of rules, will lose confidence in the integrity of the tournament and the organisers of the competition.

Again, the above may over-simplify matters but I am citing the analogy just to help drive my viewpoints across. :)Agree that the analogy is over simplifying... a grand slam is designed for only one eventual winner. The economy isn't. There can be multiple winners... :rolleyes:

avo7007
12-12-11, 08:03
Agree that the analogy is over simplifying... a grand slam is designed for only one eventual winner. The economy isn't. There can be multiple winners... :rolleyes:

Not to mention that the players can vote the rule makers out......unlike a tennis league.

PN
12-12-11, 08:41
I agree. However, that is more a failure in our charity sub-system than with meritocracy in itself. Those who lack the ability to fend for themselves in society due to physical and/or mental disadvantages (extreme old age for example) should be assisted with a separate set of measures.

On the other hand, if we are advocating that every single person should enjoy the same quality of living and the same lifestyle regardless of how hard he works or how capable he is, would that not be self-defeating and that what we have been preaching all along is but pseudo-meritocracy?

I really hate to see old folks having to work their life out but just tax alone will not solve this issue.

It's not fair & possible to have everyone having the same lifestyle regardless of efforts and hard work put in by individual. How to narrow this gap and help those really in need?

My :2cents: below

It is the responsibility of children to provide for their parents when they grow older. When a people reach 60yrs old, his/her childrens should provide them with monthly pocket money. Government should enforce this and make it compulsary. Example 8% of the each child income If you have 3 childs that earns 6k, 4k and 2k respectively. They will gives 480, 320 and 160 each for a total of $960. This should be deducted automatically from their salary each month and goes directly into the bank account of the parent. If a person salary is too low and can't afford, he will need to apply for charity help. This will force the child to get assistance for his parent.

As for lonely old folks, that should be taken care of by charity and governement. One way to get funds is to start by removing the pension scheme for top civil servants and Ministers. Instead replace the pension scheme with a one time gratuity depending on how long they served. The longer they serve, the larger the gratuity. This will still serve to rewards those that have served longer and contributed to in serving the people and the country. We still need capable & good people in the government. Of course, the gratuity should not extravagant.

As a start, the savings from the pension will go into a "Lonely Old Folks Fund" to support this group of people.

Rysk
12-12-11, 08:50

Ha! This idea is good!

PN
12-12-11, 08:52

Again, the above may over-simplify matters but I am citing the analogy just to help drive my viewpoints across. :)

Like your analogy.

You touch the key point which is if your're good and capable in your area, you will reach the top and get the rewards you deserved. If rules are change such that you only get half the rewards and the other half must give to the weaker one. This is not meritocracy anyone.

august
12-12-11, 08:56
wow brother august, your england ( = english ) is very nice. I hope u come here more often to educate us all so that we can write nice england like you :)

aiyo, just sharing some opinions lah. Many experts here and it would be conceited of me to even educate others. :o

avo7007
12-12-11, 08:57
Then a better way and still earn foreign money is to tax 100% ABSD if foreigners buy any property below $1000 psf, 50% ABSD for property priced $1000-1500 psf; 20% ABSD for property priced $2000-2500 psf, 0% ABSD for property priced $2500 & above psf! :p

That would be nice targeted policy. But why the governement can't do it or unwilling to do it? Implementation hard? Or they think hot money is hot money? Or they think mass and central pty is just as vulnerable?Or is this just a very temporary door stop?:confused:

phantom_opera
12-12-11, 09:00
The heavier stamp duties announced last week may have already dented Singapore's standing as a major property investment destination while giving rivals such as Hong Kong a boost, said analysts.

Britain-based consultancy Black Brick Property Solutions said it has received inquiries from Asian and overseas investors who had been thinking of investing in Singapore property, but who have been deterred by the new tax rules.

samsara
12-12-11, 09:10
Bro PN,

Your words ring true. Just as parents are caregivers of their young children, the adult children are traditionally the caregivers of their aged parents. When this behavior is in place, society is sustainable and functions well. Problems arise when the traditional structure of society is challenged. In Singapore, a chain reaction was started when we began to limit the number of children per couple.

Fewer children per couple -> Higher cost per child in parental maintenance

In the past, a family typically had five to ten children. Today, the typical family has but just one or two children. This means that the cost of supporting the aged parents has increased by five-fold. This problem that we are facing in Singapore today will be experienced by China soon as well due to their one-child policy.

Everything is linked to everything else. A flawed policy can wreak havoc only fifty years down the road.

A child instinctively wants to provide care and support for the parents who have brought him up. However, when the child finds it difficult to fend for himself and his own immediate family nucleus, the parents become secondary priority.

How can we improve the situation today? Frankly, it is extremely difficult because the factors are all intermeshed, like a taut spider web. Pull one node too much and the whole web crumbles. This is the major difficulty that our leaders face today.

一失足成千古恨, 再回头已百年身

However, this does not mean that there is no way out.

We need to focus on the fundamentals of social living once more. Teach the young the importance of moral values and ethics. Inculcate in them the importance of family and filial piety. Equip them with awareness and let them learn the true meaning of being alive and working with passion.

When the foundation is firm, the building will be strong.

I really hate to see old folks having to work their life out but just tax alone will not solve this issue.

It's not fair & possible to have everyone having the same lifestyle regardless of efforts and hard work put in by individual. How to narrow this gap and help those really in need?

It is the responsibility of children to provide for their parents when they grow older. When a people reach 60yrs old, his/her childrens should provide them with monthly pocket money. Government should enforce this and make it compulsary. Example 8% of the each child income If you have 3 childs that earns 6k, 4k and 2k respectively. They will gives 480, 320 and 160 each for a total of $960. This should be deducted automatically from their salary each month and goes directly into the bank account of the parent. If a person salary is too low and can't afford, he will need to apply for charity help. This will force the child to get assistance for his parent.

As for lonely old folks, that should be taken care of by charity and governement. One way to get funds is to start by removing the pension scheme for top civil servants and Ministers. Instead replace the pension scheme with a one time gratuity depending on how long they served. The longer they serve, the larger the gratuity. This will still serve to rewards those that have served longer and contributed to in serving the people and the country. We still need capable & good people in the government. Of course, the gratuity should not extravagant.

As a start, the savings from the pension will go into a "Lonely Old Folks Fund" to support this group of people.

andy
12-12-11, 09:15
Like your analogy.

You touch the key point which is if your're good and capable in your area, you will reach the top and get the rewards you deserved. If rules are change such that you only get half the rewards and the other half must give to the weaker one. This is not meritocracy anyone.

Is the primary issue really about meritocracy?

I thought Tharman clearly said it is to 'stabilise the market' in face of overflowing liquidity. However to make it more pleasing, they start to differentiate among the classes of residents.

august
12-12-11, 09:29

even if we take this simplified analogy, we can consider how a winner takes all system where the rewards for the winner are say 500 times that of the loser, vs a system where the winner's reward is just 10 times that of the loser. This is an example of varying degrees of inequality in a competitive system. Although the pie is growing in the 1st system, the rewards flows overwhelmingly to the winner. Soon the winner will have vastly disproportionate financial resources to have better training, better support structure, better nutrition, better everything to give himself the best odds to stay on at the top longer and dominate the system. Eventually competition is reduced as competitiors who lack the resources cannot keep up, the pool reduces further leading to even greater domination from a few.

my point is meritocracy is not the issue here at all. Bcos there is no such thing as a perfectly efficient market, there must be govt interventions (referee) to always monitor the game fairly.

In spore, regulations have always been changing and they have tilted towards the direction that benefits certain players (e.g. lower corporate tax, extension of developer completion date, freeze GLS etc), so just bcos a new rule is not in the favour of this group of players does not suddenly make the entire system un-meritocratic.

hyenergix
12-12-11, 09:36

The birthrate has been kept low for the past decade, due to work-stress and high cost of living, property and medical treatments. There are simply not enough children, so your policy will eventually fail. And does your policy apply to PRs/foreigners?

devilplate
12-12-11, 09:44
SG cost of living can only go up....

we dun hf padi fields, veg farms.......all import even water

radha08
12-12-11, 09:47
SG cost of living can only go up....

we dun hf padi fields, veg farms.......all import even water

even mei mei....:D:D:D

PN
12-12-11, 10:07
Is the primary issue really about meritocracy?

I thought Tharman clearly said it is to 'stabilise the market' in face of overflowing liquidity. However to make it more pleasing, they start to differentiate among the classes of residents.

We already know the EU is around the corner and will provide the stabilize market effect with or without the CM5. Nobody is denying this but we don't believe in doomsayers and prepared for it.

Because of CM5, it may potentially cause at least 20% drop. If it does goes down 50% with the EU crisiss, this is 50% discount for those kpkb youngsters who just join the socialty or can't afford type who just want cheap cheap private because they also want to enjoy condo living.

Those that have worked hard for the past 10, 20 or more yrs in the workforce to get to where they are today to own one or more private for investment and future retirement plan. Especially if they are close to retirement already.

What do you think this group of people will think of this new CM5 policy?

Don't need to work so hard lah. Just complain kpkb and you will get what you want. kpkb some more and who knows maybe the next time, everyone can also afford a landed (someone mentioned this) or buy a piece of land to build your own house. That would be nice. :tsk-tsk:

We should not be moving backwards or people will become lazy and just open their mouth and complain, complain and complain to help them.

It's ok that you see what you see & I think what I think. Different opinions is good for a forum discussion. :)

PN
12-12-11, 10:15
The birthrate has been kept low for the past decade, due to work-stress and high cost of living, property and medical treatments. There are simply not enough children, so your policy will eventually fail. And does your policy apply to PRs/foreigners?

Aiyo. Not enough children is not an excuse. Does that means that if you're the only child and you have your family to support, you are not going to give your parents monthly pocket money & medical care?

On top of this, it's up to individual to give more depending on your financial ability lah.

What has Foreigner got to do with this? They are not Singapore Citizen.
PR - is a tricky one because their parents is in other country. So should not cross borders.

Anyway, this is just my personal view and I'm not the policy maker.

devilplate
12-12-11, 10:20
Aiyo. Not enough children is not an excuse. Does that means that if you're the only child and you have your family to support, you are not going to give your parents monthly pocket money & medical care?

On top of this, it's up to individual to give more depending on your financial ability lah.

What has Foreigner got to do with this? They are not Singapore Citizen.
PR - is a tricky one because their parents is in other country. So should not cross borders.

Anyway, this is just my personal view and I'm not the policy maker.
i tink we cannot force children to make compulsory contribution to their parents.....it doesnt work this way leh....must work towards educating our yng lions via moral education since K1 ;)

there r bad parents too hor...those family abuser....gamblers....drinker.....nvr take care of their kids type.....

PN
12-12-11, 10:30
i tink we cannot force children to make compulsory contribution to their parents.....it doesnt work this way leh....must work towards educating our yng lions via moral education since K1 ;)

there r bad parents too hor...those family abuser....gamblers....drinker.....nvr take care of their kids type.....

I agree with you bro devil. Education from young is important. I think the government is doing something in this area from the news I read.

However, things becomes complicated when a person get's married & have children. The spouse will have different opinion and may cause a change in mindset.

Regardless of how bad the parent can be, if you have already given your share & responsibility you did your part.

On the other hand if you think you can give more, it's up to individual.

andy
12-12-11, 11:16
We already know the EU is around the corner and will provide the stabilize market effect with or without the CM5. Nobody is denying this but we don't believe in doomsayers and prepared for it.

Because of CM5, it may potentially cause at least 20% drop. If it does goes down 50% with the EU crisiss, this is 50% discount for those kpkb youngsters who just join the socialty or can't afford type who just want cheap cheap private because they also want to enjoy condo living.

Those that have worked hard for the past 10, 20 or more yrs in the workforce to get to where they are today to own one or more private for investment and future retirement plan. Especially if they are close to retirement already.

What do you think this group of people will think of this new CM5 policy?

Don't need to work so hard lah. Just complain kpkb and you will get what you want. kpkb some more and who knows maybe the next time, everyone can also afford a landed (someone mentioned this) or buy a piece of land to build your own house. That would be nice. :tsk-tsk:

We should not be moving backwards or people will become lazy and just open their mouth and complain, complain and complain to help them.

It's ok that you see what you see & I think what I think. Different opinions is good for a forum discussion. :)

I'm actually not disagreeing with you. However just because the policy makers make a certain 'handout' to the general masses it does not necessary mean they are now 'socialist'. I think policy makers clearly understand that meritocracy and investment friendly policies has got Spore to where it is today. They are not about to throw the baby with the bathtub out.

Indeed according to Amy Chua, the degree of tolerance to welcoming foreigners contributed to the rise of the competitiveness in US and she provided several examples in history.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QenLlFx4cCQ

So hence my question remains if the policy makers are meritocratic, would the financial firewall be better implemented by imposing 10% ABSD on all owners of 2nd or more properties, regardless of if they are foreigners, PR or citizens?

Or are you saying there should not be any financial firewall like in the stock market so that the policy makers should avoid any CM and allow the property bubble to rise according to market factors?

devilplate
12-12-11, 11:21
i wud say wrong choice of weapon tis round.....

y stop foreigners from buying totally? a gd measure will be to reduce and make it less attractive for foreigners to buy our ppty rather them to closed it completely

PN
12-12-11, 11:26
New measures help keep Singaporean dream alive

By PropertyGuru | Property Blog (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/property-blog/) – Sun, Dec 11, 2011
by Romesh Navaratnarajah (courtesy of PropertyGuru)

Reactions to the government's announcement of an additional 10 per cent stamp duty for foreigners buying private homes have been mixed, with most consumers welcoming it, while property insiders calling it harsh and unnecessary.

With private property price growth moderating to around three per cent since January's cooling measures and home sales dropping by about 20 percent between Q2 and Q3 2011, it's fair to ask whether these measures are necessary now.

Most people that I've spoken to welcome it as they see property as a necessity for all Singaporeans, just like job security. Many say that buyers have become greedy, using property as a speculative instrument. Certain individuals have even used foreigners as the bogeyman, saying cash rich overseas buyers have run prices up to unattainable levels.

While an additional 10 per cent tax hike might seem a lot for the average joe, the general consensus among many Singaporeans is that it shouldn't matter for wealthy buyers who will continue to snap up homes in the prime central districts.

Those in the industry are understandably upset. After all, they have a business to run that's based on profits and sales volumes. Property stalwarts such as Mohamed Ismail, CEO of PropNex, are predicting that transactions will dive by 40 per cent in the Core Central Region (CCR) and 20 per cent in the mass market segment.

Personally, I feel that while the earlier cooling measures, especially the harsh 16 per cent stamp duty has stamped out excessive speculation in the private property market and stabilised price increases, the high-end luxury market has been resistant to change. Case in point was the recent launch of Far East's newest project, The Scotts Tower (TST), with prices starting from S$1.94 million for a 624 sq ft one-bedroom SOHO apartment. The same amount could probably get you a two-to three-bedroom condo in the suburbs.

As a young Singaporean, I understand the goals and aspirations of other first-time buyers who wish to own a nice home — it's the capitalist dream and this latest ruling will keep or make such dreams a reality.

devilplate
12-12-11, 11:30
tats y:

hdb 400psf, ocr 600psf, rcr 800psf, orchard 1kpsf

majority happy....finally got chance to stay in ORCHARD!

PN
12-12-11, 12:09
tats y:

hdb 400psf, ocr 600psf, rcr 800psf, orchard 1kpsf

majority happy....finally got chance to stay in ORCHARD!

Fantastic. This is my dream. Majulah Singapura.;)

Jonathan0503
12-12-11, 12:30

y stop foreigners from buying totally? a gd measure will be to reduce and make it less attractive for foreigners to buy our ppty rather them to closed it completely

But the policy is not closing it completely to the foreigners right? In fact it's just what you have suggested: making it less attractive.

If completely closing, it would be: foreigners cannot buy S'pore pte property.

ysyap
12-12-11, 12:47
But the policy is not closing it completely to the foreigners right? In fact it's just what you have suggested: making it less attractive.

If completely closing, it would be: foreigners cannot buy S'pore pte property.Yup... its still a huge attraction for foreigners to splurge on Singapore pte property. 10% is the admin and security fee required to keep cash in our land... :cheers6:

ysyap
12-12-11, 12:47

If completely closing, it would be: foreigners cannot buy S'pore pte property.Yup... its still a huge attraction for foreigners to splurge on Singapore pte property. 10% is the admin and security fee required to keep cash in our land... :cheers6:

august
12-12-11, 13:51

foreigners are stopped from buying? can buy what. The 10% ABSD just makes it less attractive, exactly as u said. :D

if foreigners cannot touch landed freehold is justifiable, likewise some curbs on the rest of private ppty is also justifiable.

basic
12-12-11, 14:33
Yup... its still a huge attraction for foreigners to splurge on Singapore pte property. 10% is the admin and security fee required to keep cash in our land... :cheers6:

you think foreigners stupid??...buy ILLIQUID property now.....

13% stamp + 16% SSD + 10% exchange risk + Missc = 40+%....
under current global debt crisis....don't say 4 yrs.....4 weeks also they will not take the risk....yet pay 40+% extra, give them 10% discount, they will not buy now......

fund is rushing out from stock market now...S$ at $1.3 now....
next will be out from illiquid property by blocks....dump & go back to their home....

if you bulls here don't buy & support the market....property will just keep drifting down every week till Euro trigger the melting down of whole property market.....

ysyap
12-12-11, 14:40
Won't dispute what you've written. It certainly makes sense. Just voicing out the potential of still having continued foreign investment, though it might be less... And yes foreigner are not stupid! :) Btw, me no bull... Lol! More bear.. just like you... :o

phantom_opera
12-12-11, 14:41
what cm4 + cm5 really signal is:

forget about medium term capital appreciation, you are not welcome

devilplate
12-12-11, 14:42
Foreigner buying for investment definitely GONE

Foreigner buying for own stay also GONE

10% of 1mil is 100k

Rather pay 3-4k/mth on rental rite? Can easily last for 2yrs.....

devilplate
12-12-11, 14:44
After foreigner taken up PR, they hf more options.....resale flat......lol

devilplate
12-12-11, 14:45
Cm4 not so bad....got holding power and buy for long term investment still ON

CM5 tells u DONT BUY!

ysyap
12-12-11, 14:46
Foreigner buying for investment definitely GONE

Foreigner buying for own stay also GONE

10% of 1mil is 100k

Rather pay 3-4k/mth on rental rite? Can easily last for 2yrs.....Difference is if they are here to stay for 4 years or more and the potential home appreciation for the property which might be quite unlikely in the short term going forward! :rolleyes:

devilplate
12-12-11, 14:47
Y dunwa extend ssd upon TOP? Y?

Y dun Impose cap gain tax for foreigners if they sell within 10yrs?

ysyap
12-12-11, 14:48
Cm4 not so bad....got holding power and buy for long term investment still ON

CM5 tells u DONT BUY!Yup.. like what I've mentioned, CM4 cuts the tail while CM5 cuts the head of the investor. Without tail, one can still move about. Without head... :scared-4:

devilplate
12-12-11, 14:49
Difference is if they are here to stay for 4 years or more and the potential home appreciation for the property which might be quite unlikely in the short term going forward! :rolleyes:
Foreigners smart one la....they noe absd will be removed if economic crash.....

If global economic dun crash they can also always invest in london, usa etc....sg is the only heaven on earth?

jwong71
12-12-11, 14:50
you think foreigners stupid??...buy ILLIQUID property now.....

13% stamp + 16% SSD + 10% exchange risk + Missc = 40+%....
under current global debt crisis....don't say 4 yrs.....4 weeks also they will not take the risk....yet pay 40+% extra, give them 10% discount, they will not buy now......

fund is rushing out from stock market now...S$ at $1.3 now....
next will be out from illiquid property by blocks....dump & go back to their home....

if you bulls here don't buy & support the market....property will just keep drifting down every week till Euro trigger the melting down of whole property market.....

with current sediments:

- foreigners 10% absd,
- us/eu issues/recession,
- more retrenchment,
- more CMs to come,
- almost zero upside,
- alot of downside.

buyers are more worried about the future,to have stable job.
than to fry props, sekali kena fryed back

devilplate
12-12-11, 14:50
Savvy foreign investor shd noe tat our MAS gona devalue SGD.....so u tink they will park their money here anot?

ysyap
12-12-11, 14:51
Foreigners smart one la....they noe absd will be removed if economic crash.....

If global economic dun crash they can also always invest in london, usa etc....sg is the only heaven on earth?Agreed. There is still that glimmer of light for foreign investors to buy here...

teddybear
12-12-11, 15:02
Oh really? Govt wants foreigners to buy Bedok Residences since they are cheap (so +10% ABSD still cheap cheap) and push them up to $6800 psf? (To be in line with those sold in Orchard like MarQ@Paterson?) :scared-1:

Btw its quite clear tat govt wants to narrow the rich and poor divide? Cm4 and 5 r bias against ccr ppty and favours mass market.....

Resale hdb px wif 50k cov do not nid to have further measures ;)

devilplate
12-12-11, 15:04
Oh really? Govt wants foreigners to buy Bedok Residences since they are cheap (so +10% ABSD still cheap cheap) and push them up to $6800 psf? (To be in line with those sold in Orchard like MarQ@Paterson?) :scared-1:
Only hdb is spared....the rest shall drop

Hdb 400psf, ocr 600psf, rcr 800psf, orchard 1kpsf

Ccr shall drop the most so every lions got chance to upgrade .....whahahaha

devilplate
12-12-11, 15:07
Going forward, ppty is not about location liao....its about affordability

Whahahahaha

teddybear
12-12-11, 15:15
Well, only they themselves know!
However, coffeeshop talk is that:
1) They want to sell HDB price high high?
2) They want to sell 99LH GLS land high high?
3) They still want high property price?
4) BUT, they want that 80% citizens living in HDB flats & and upgraders to treat them like god and pray to them everyday (and give them confidence vote in GE 2016) for slapping the foreigners (including PRs) whom they believe are like disease who have causes all prices to go up, inflation to go up, snack away their good and higher paying jobs and causing all the overcrowdness on the roads, on buses, on trains, the P1 places in good schools / schools of their 1st choice? :doh:

That would be nice targeted policy. But why the governement can't do it or unwilling to do it? Implementation hard? Or they think hot money is hot money? Or they think mass and central pty is just as vulnerable?Or is this just a very temporary door stop?:confused:

devilplate
12-12-11, 15:22
shd impose 10% xtra gst for foreigners? 3% more for PR? And singkie 3% gst rebate? Hooray!

Den our pink IC very valuable!

teddybear
12-12-11, 15:27
Think your rate is wrong. It should be:
Orchard $1k psf
RCR $500 psf
OCR $250 psf
HDB $125 psf! :cheers1:

For Bedok Residences to drop from average $1350 psf to $250 psf, must drop 81% !!! :scared-1:

Only hdb is spared....the rest shall drop

Hdb 400psf, ocr 600psf, rcr 800psf, orchard 1kpsf

Ccr shall drop the most so every lions got chance to upgrade .....whahahaha

Lovelle
12-12-11, 15:29
shd impose 10% xtra gst for foreigners? 3% more for PR? And singkie 3% gst rebate? Hooray!

Den our pink IC very valuable!
macam nazi, cost of setting up shops here shoot up for my ang mo boss. He leave the country, how many sinkie jobless ?

landlord lose, employee lose, ntuc lose , airline lose, office landlord also lose

blackjack21trader
12-12-11, 15:43
macam nazi, cost of setting up shops here shoot up for my ang mo boss. He leave the country, how many sinkie jobless ?

landlord lose, employee lose, ntuc lose , airline lose, office landlord also lose

yes. Very true. Many young punk do not see this point. Good that you bring this up, brother :)

hyenergix
12-12-11, 16:27
yes. Very true. Many young punk do not see this point. Good that you bring this up, brother :)

Lovelle = male or female?

PN
12-12-11, 18:32
Think your rate is wrong. It should be:
Orchard $1k psf
RCR $500 psf
OCR $250 psf
HDB $125 psf! :cheers1:

For Bedok Residences to drop from average $1350 psf to $250 psf, must drop 81% !!! :scared-1:

Wow ... your rate better than devil. It's getting better and lower by the hours. Let's celebrate together with the Young Punk.

Stand up, stand up for Singapore. :cheers5:

PN
12-12-11, 19:42
This is my country, this is my home
I can buy hdb, and private condo
No more foreign buyers, we are happy
Property cheap cheap now, Singaporeans

We are Singapore, Singaporeansssssssssssssss

blackjack21trader
14-12-11, 11:20
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/Page_1.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/Page_2.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/Page_3.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/Page_4.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/Page_5.jpg

When replying, please do not quote the images !

hyenergix
14-12-11, 12:09
Lion city is where? Singapore where got lion in the first place? Cats got. Sang Nila Utama kenna conned by his subordinates.

Lovelle
14-12-11, 12:31

young punk just want short cut, cheap property for their generation. Did we get cheap price when we were young ? No , why should the young punk get it !!

Go and slog out first then talk. Ask gov to help u in career and job.

hyenergix
14-12-11, 12:39
young punk just want short cut, cheap property for their generation. Did we get cheap price when we were young ? No , why should the young punk get it !!

Go and slog out first then talk. Ask gov to help u in career and job.

Different era. Just calculate the ratio of the price of a HDB to the monthly salary now and 20 years ago. You cannot really blame the younger generation. Even I feel the heat of rising property price also. Not everyone is given $700k+ of cash for investments upon hitting 21 years old...

Regulators
14-12-11, 12:50
Pay these days different liao, many years back, only graduates get paid $2k monthly, now a diploma holder can get more than $4k monthly. My female friend working as office manager get paid almost $5k for checking stationery, make sure office light bulb working, make sure bosses don't miss appointment etc :doh:
Different era. Just calculate the ratio of the price of a HDB to the monthly salary now and 20 years ago. You cannot really blame the younger generation. Even I feel the heat of rising property price also. Not everyone is given $700k+ of cash for investments upon hitting 21 years old...

Lovelle
14-12-11, 13:05

the problem is , the foreigner is willing to pay for high property but the young one, wants cheap despite higher pay then our generation.

who do u think will benefit if we sell cheap cheap?

hyenergix
14-12-11, 13:11
Pay these days different liao, many years back, only graduates get paid $2k monthly, now a diploma holder can get more than $4k monthly. My female friend working as office manager get paid almost $5k for checking stationery, make sure office light bulb working, make sure bosses don't miss appointment etc :doh:

Diploma holders' starting pay is still getting around $2k while degree holders' is still around $3k after so many years. Buying a typical $250k BTO is already quite shiong for a fresh graduate with 1-2 years experience.

hyenergix
14-12-11, 13:14
the problem is , the foreigner is willing to pay for high property but the young one, wants cheap despite higher pay then our generation.

The numerator of the ratio increases much more than the denominator. Overall affordability decreases significantly for young punks unless they stretch repayment to 30 years or more. This is creating a lot of indirect social issues. It is a policy failure from 10 years+ ago.

hyenergix
14-12-11, 13:16

-repeated-

ysyap
14-12-11, 14:11
The numerator of the ratio increases much more than the denominator. Overall affordability decreases significantly for young punks unless they stretch repayment to 30 years or more. This is creating a lot of indirect social issues. It is a policy failure from 10 years+ ago.So what to you makes sense? A shorter loan tenure or a full 35 years loan tenure? ;)

hyenergix
14-12-11, 14:17
So what to you makes sense? A shorter loan tenure or a full 35 years loan tenure? ;)

Less than 20 years. The chances of retrenchment and permanent job loss are higher in your 40s and beyond.

ysyap
14-12-11, 14:20
Different era. Just calculate the ratio of the price of a HDB to the monthly salary now and 20 years ago. You cannot really blame the younger generation. Even I feel the heat of rising property price also. Not everyone is given $700k+ of cash for investments upon hitting 21 years old...Isn't this the crux of the complaints about super high inflation? If govt cannot keeps costs down, then they must try to push pay upwards. Everybody say go US work good money pay but they also pay high price for food, etc. It doesn't make sense to see the numerator go up faster than the denominator... There'll come a day when a plate of chicken rice cost more than an office clerk's monthly wage (i.e. that chicken rice stall owner will become a multi millionaire in no time?) :scared-4:

ysyap
14-12-11, 14:23
Less than 20 years. The chances of retrenchment and permanent job loss are higher in your 40s and beyond.I used to think that a shorter tenure for housing loan is the way to go but I've since changed my thoughts. In lengthening my tenure, i can actually save enough for my next property or stock to invest which can generate more passive income. My initial HDB tenure loan was about 15 yrs (though I can opt for 30 years) and I finally cleared it in 5 years and in so doing, dumped my cash into it and just sulk when property prices dropped but I can't buy... :rolleyes:

hyenergix
14-12-11, 14:27
I used to think that a shorter tenure for housing loan is the way to go but I've since changed my thoughts. In lengthening my tenure, i can actually save enough for my next property or stock to invest which can generate more passive income. My initial HDB tenure loan was about 15 yrs (though I can opt for 30 years) and I finally cleared it in 5 years and in so doing, dumped my cash into it and just sulk when property prices dropped but I can't buy... :rolleyes:

Provided your property is cheap. If it is expensive, the interest can be alarming.

devilplate
14-12-11, 14:32
Provided your property is cheap. If it is expensive, the interest can be alarming.
Got cash no nid to redeem loan....park at mortgage1 will do....den can buy if ppty crash

ysyap
14-12-11, 14:33
Provided your property is cheap. If it is expensive, the interest can be alarming.Don't see me so up lah... I small fry only lah... cannot invest on big big properties de... small OCR MM studio is what I'm only capable of... :character0029: Lol! No sky high pay to begin with otherwise me no qualify for HDB in the first place le... Lol! :cheers6:

devilplate
14-12-11, 14:37
Stocks faster crash leh....damn sian....

blackjack21trader
14-12-11, 14:50
Got cash no nid to redeem loan....park at mortgage1 will do....den can buy if ppty crash

yes. let your bank earn a bit la and continue the good relationship.

Shanhz
17-01-13, 10:09

BLACKJACK21TRADER

bro, the stock index did not materialise leh...

blackjack21trader
17-01-13, 10:25
bro, the stock index did not materialise leh...

bo.....are u outta mind ?

How can the prediction be zhun zhun one ?

You thought I got THIRD EYE can predict the future isit?

:doh:

Shanhz
17-01-13, 10:41
You thought I got THIRD EYE can predict the future isit?

:doh:

oh. tot you have leh. aiya, kenah bluff. :doh:

blackjack21trader
17-01-13, 10:48
oh. tot you have leh. aiya, kenah bluff. :doh:

:P................................:tongue3: