PDA

View Full Version : NSF needed to patrol my house

hyenergix
13-12-11, 21:31
I'm quite worried that terrorist or Ah Long will attack my house :( At tax payers' expense of course :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CV4JYKBEQo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EhWyXLMKqI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

hyenergix
14-12-11, 12:37
Using our security forces at tax payers' expense to project the MRT, which is privately operated and profited?

More NSmen to guard MRT stations? Police explore possibility
Manpower review part of efforts to optimise use of national servicemenhttp://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_744748.html

By Fiona Low

The police are looking at deploying more national servicemen (NSmen) to safeguard the public transport system, with the opening of 12 more MRT stations on the Circle Line this year.

The manpower review is part of the Home Team's continual efforts to make sure NSmen are deployed to 'the front lines where they can be most effective', said Minister of State for Home Affairs Masagos Zulkifli on Tuesday.

'The Ministry of Home Affairs is constantly looking at optimising the deployment of our national servicemen, in order to ensure that they remain current and relevant for both peacetime and national emergency scenarios,' he said.

Mr Masagos did not say how many more officers would be deployed to its Public Transport Security Command (Transcom).

var subrenderfile="/Subscription/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_744748.html"; The unit was set up in 2009 to secure the public transport network against criminals and terrorists.

According to a report last year, the unit has some 400 officers, who are mostly full-time national servicemen.

They patrol the MRT and LRT stations and bus interchanges.
Mr Masagos was speaking at the Police Coast Guard (PCG) headquarters on Pulau Brani. The PCG was hosting a visit by Minister of State for Defence Lawrence Wong and members of the Advisory Council on Community Relations in Defence (Accord).

This was the first official visit of Accord to a front-line Home Team unit since the Ministry of Home Affairs joined the council in June 2007. The council also visited the Home Team Academy in 2009.

Besides touring the PCG facilities, Mr Wong chaired his second Accord meeting. And Mr Masagos and Mr Wong hosted a dialogue with employers to gather feedback regarding their employees' NS commitments.

In his speech, Mr Masagos highlighted the expanded role of NSmen.
Besides Transcom, he cited the Coastal Security Patrol Force (CSPF), a land- based patrol force set up in 2009, as another example.

CSPF officers like Staff Sergeant Kevin Tay, 31, patrol Singapore's coast to combat illegal landings. Speaking to reporters, he recounted how he spotted a group of eight teenagers loitering in a secluded spot while patrolling the coastline earlier this year.

Together with his partner, they approached the group and found that a motorcycle ridden by one of the teens had been stolen, leading to an arrest later.

More than 10 teams of officers patrol the coastline every day from 8pm to 6am to ferret out illegal immigrants, smugglers and even terrorists.
The latest crackdown by the CSPF in August led to almost 1,200 cartons of contraband cigarettes being seized at Penjuru Lane, one of the largest hauls to date.

Four illegal immigrants were also nabbed while trying to enter the country in May at Punggol Timor.

On Tuesday, Mr Wong and Accord members viewed a demonstration of how the PCG intercepts unauthorised vessels in Singapore's waters and witnessed the training its officers undergo, such as jumping off a vessel into the water from a height of 4m.

A session with 90 employers was also held to gather feedback regarding their employees' NS commitments.

Speaking to reporters after the event, Mr Wong said: 'Employers are very important stakeholders because we are a citizens' army, every Singaporean male does national service, and we need the support of employers.

'Some of them did talk about the difficulties they face, especially when they are already facing a crunch with manpower issues and the tightening of foreign labour... but it is very encouraging that many employers are also supportive and they understand the need for defence.'

[email protected] ([email protected])

Geylang OKT
14-12-11, 21:24
Seriously, that is actually good. patrolling the stations or guarding depots very senang life for the NSFs. Wish I had it during my time instead of always charging up those hilly terrain :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

hyenergix
14-12-11, 21:27
Seriously, that is actually good. patrolling the stations or guarding depots very senang life for the NSFs. Wish I had it during my time instead of always charging up those hilly terrain :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Should patrol my house! Is SMRT paying for the security service or keeping the (excessive) profit? The transport companies are just paying nominal rent for the bus interchanges and MRT stations, but renting out the spaces to other companies for profit hor!

http://www.lta.gov.sg/corp_info/doc/Lessons%20from%20Bus%20Operations%20REV5.pdf

hyenergix
15-12-11, 06:00
SMRT is a government organisation afterall (but not the profit part)

http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/showthread.php?24682-Radio-DJ-quot-in-trouble-quot-for-reporting-on-Circle-Line-breakdown

hyenergix
15-12-11, 20:42
Today MRT broken down. SMRT muz have cut back on maintenance n security to boost profit. Epic failure. CEO shd b sacked over this series of lapses tt affected millions of commuters. My property near MRT might go down in price as a result of these issues :mad: