PDA

View Full Version : which condo?

mkl22
20-12-11, 16:14
which of these 3 condos would you pick? Looking for Freehold units. and these seem to be in the same ballpark PSF.

Mainly for own stay, with some hope for enbloc or eventual renting out.

1. Fernwood Towers
Plus:Convenient location, to food, supermarkets.
Con:Facing road. if not facing rd then west sun.

2. Park East
Plus: Quiet, decent layout.
Cons: quite far in from bus stops and transports. 700m walk to upper east coast rd.

3. The Summit
Plus: up on a hill, seems to be a well maintained estate.
Cons:No Food or supermarket nearby with walking distance. weird and small kitchen layout

Eastboy
20-12-11, 17:55
The summit! Cos I own a unit there LOL

newbie11
20-12-11, 20:10
Summit looks bad based on feng shui. Fernwood may benefit from mrt

Laguna
20-12-11, 20:50
Park East :very slow in term of capital appreciation
good for own stay if dun mind the inconvenience
quite a nice project

Fernwood : look very old and ugly
doubt hv good enbloc potential as fully built up
may near to the futuer MRT
was told there were quite a number of major water tank problems years back
some ghost stories as well

Summit :
so so, walking up the hill is not easy
location not so good...

terence
20-12-11, 21:02
I visited fernwood last year. Very disappointed with this project. I suggest u look at a few units there and see if you are comfortable with the place. Rental yield here is also quite poor considering the high price. Name of the project also not auspicious aka graveyard in chinese. Heard about the ghost stories from some bros here as well.

Jonathan0503
20-12-11, 21:29
Summit looks bad based on feng shui. Fernwood may benefit from mrt

Why feng shui bad leh?

Geylang OKT
20-12-11, 21:50
now is the time to sell, and sell quickly.... and definitely not the time to buy. :doh:

Eastboy
20-12-11, 22:03
Summit :
so so, walking up the hill is not easy
location not so good...

My ang moh tenant loves the "hike" though. Lol

Eastboy
20-12-11, 22:05
Why feng shui bad leh?

Aiya a lot of sharp corners, triangle layouts etc....believe it or not la. The summit has given me very good yields for the longest time - so to me it's good fengshui!

newbie11
20-12-11, 22:24
Aiya a lot of sharp corners, triangle layouts etc....

yup, red windows, etc. but of cos, to eastboy, its gd FS :)

richie$$$
21-12-11, 01:00
buy enbloc?

:beats-me-man:

sellers asking 4 sky psf. no g'tee 4 buyer tht enbloc happens in 20 yrs
enbloc project condition terrible

pandan valley gd location large land cannot do
buyer no come see psf build enbloc potential
rent to students/few ppl share, greedy neighbors

can sing song on enbloc ma

Douk
21-12-11, 08:52
which of these 3 condos would you pick? Looking for Freehold units. and these seem to be in the same ballpark PSF.

Mainly for own stay, with some hope for enbloc or eventual renting out.

1. Fernwood Towers
Plus:Convenient location, to food, supermarkets.
Con:Facing road. if not facing rd then west sun.

2. Park East
Plus: Quiet, decent layout.
Cons: quite far in from bus stops and transports. 700m walk to upper east coast rd.

3. The Summit
Plus: up on a hill, seems to be a well maintained estate.
Cons:No Food or supermarket nearby with walking distance. weird and small kitchen layout

My personal view, if for enbloc potential, choose Fernwood and Summit. The 2 development are along the ERL. Current psf is still affordable, so enbloc premium of 30-40% can be reached. But if Enbloc during the SSD period, you will be subject to SSD.

Location wise, I think Fernwood is better, walking distance to siglap eateries, shops, a side gate to park connector which leads to East Coast Park.

devilplate
21-12-11, 09:23
based on location, fernwood bestest

but fernwood condition really cmi leh......i myself dunwan to stay there wor....the pool also so so puny.....gd for kids only

mkl22
21-12-11, 10:14
was also looking at Finland Gardens. But its walk up and a small development.
Looking for something which is 100+ units to approx 200. Not too small and not too big. cause if too small, when it comes to repairs and sinking fund it can be quite a burden and if too many units like 400-500 then for sure everything will be crowded and noisy.

Seems like not too many freehold around siglap area. The other one is eastern lagoon2. but looks dated also. actually looking for older developments as the rooms are bigger and no bay windows or huge balcony. The premium for a new development seems a little too high for me and seem more compromised in terms of space. I actually like ocean park(although highly unlikely for enbloc), but the units are big and thus all are 2.5M plus which then makes no sense as i would rather get a inter terrace.

The other thing i noticed if talking about enbloc, those property which can be developed into high rise tends to get a better PPR. so places like finland and park east would generally get a lower PPR than Fernwood and Eastern Lagoon.

Douk
21-12-11, 10:33
based on location, fernwood bestest

but fernwood condition really cmi leh......i myself dunwan to stay there wor....the pool also so so puny.....gd for kids only

You are nit picky lah, I thought the pool size is ok, building condition is old though..

Douk
21-12-11, 10:39
Ocean park has smaller size unit approx. 1300 sq ft. Why don you thin it will not be enbloc?

was also looking at Finland Gardens. But its walk up and a small development.
Looking for something which is 100+ units to approx 200. Not too small and not too big. cause if too small, when it comes to repairs and sinking fund it can be quite a burden and if too many units like 400-500 then for sure everything will be crowded and noisy.

Seems like not too many freehold around siglap area. The other one is eastern lagoon2. but looks dated also. actually looking for older developments as the rooms are bigger and no bay windows or huge balcony. The premium for a new development seems a little too high for me and seem more compromised in terms of space. I actually like ocean park(although highly unlikely for enbloc), but the units are big and thus all are 2.5M plus which then makes no sense as i would rather get a inter terrace.

The other thing i noticed if talking about enbloc, those property which can be developed into high rise tends to get a better PPR. so places like finland and park east would generally get a lower PPR than Fernwood and Eastern Lagoon.

Leeds
21-12-11, 12:00
Maintenance fee for Summit is very high. Too many lifts and huge common areas.

mkl22
21-12-11, 13:50
Ocean park has smaller size unit approx. 1300 sq ft. Why don you thin it will not be enbloc?

1300sqft only half a block and very very few for sale. Plus the layout of the masterbed room is horrible. very limited walking room to the toilet if you place a king bed and build in wardrobes.

the last time there was a enbloc vote(1-2yrs ago), only 30% agreed.

mkl22
21-12-11, 13:52
Maintenance fee for Summit is very high. Too many lifts and huge common areas.
how high is high?

for 1249sqft? and 1668sqft?

Leeds
21-12-11, 13:56
how high is high?

for 1249sqft? and 1668sqft?

1249 sq ft is about $450 pm.

mkl22
21-12-11, 14:11
1249 sq ft is about $450 pm.

eeks, that's high.