PDA

View Full Version : As long as rental can hold prices WONT drop

radha08
22-12-11, 17:13
Many many gurus around so i also might as well be one..:D

My theory is simple as long as the rental market is strong,resale prices will not drop....cos people have option to rent out their apts instead of sell at RIDICULOUS prices....of course there will be exceptional cases like owners who gamble/business fail/need money for other investmentetc etc...:cool:

Of course with onslaught of many many new properties going to TOP the enviroment might change..;)

Thank you for your attention it was fun being an analyst....:D:D:D:D:D:D

kane
22-12-11, 17:16
Isn't it fun to be an analyst. Heh.

radha08
22-12-11, 17:22
Isn't it fun to be an analyst. Heh.

ya all those clown earn money by talking rubbish everytime say may drop could drop might drop....kns so if never drop also they not salah because they say may/could/might...:cool:....better i talk kok n listen to myself...:D:D:D

blackjack21trader
22-12-11, 17:56

My theory is simple as long as the rental market is strong,resale prices will not drop....cos people have option to rent out their apts instead of sell at RIDICULOUS prices....of course there will be exceptional cases like owners who gamble/business fail/need money for other investmentetc etc...:cool:

Of course with onslaught of many many new properties going to TOP the enviroment might change..;)

That is correct, bro radha08. That is why the master of all ana-lists-that is the humble ME said only landed will crash exactly because of this point you observed. The rest of the property types will maintain their price levels.

I have been right so many times for the past 20 years, the next 20 years will make no difference in my accuracy of predicting the property markets.

BLACKJACK21TRADER AKA 神龙股侠。
NIL SINE LABORE et AMOR !

phantom_opera
22-12-11, 17:59
this is fundamental analysis .. what is lacking is technical analysis

my idea is to write a robot, pull the information from property guru over internet on number of rental units available across all PCs in Singapore, plot a daily graph, if we see vacant units start to accelerate rental could come down soon

if google sg can provide this info will be great

btw, bedok plot of land near TM MRT is released for sale :) BR buyers heart beat getting faster

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/7/5/a/a/75aa3f16359514_1_V235.jpg

phantom_opera
22-12-11, 18:06
example daily comparison yesterday / today

O@E - 119 / 122
Livia - 131 / 136
Waterfront Waves - 228 / 231

Casa Merah - 75 / 78
One Amber - 35 / 35
Dakota Residences - 31 / 29
Mandarin Garden - 37 / 41
Astoria Park - 11 / 12

If done daily over a month ... we will have technical trend

radha08
22-12-11, 18:12
btw, bedok plot of land near TM MRT is released for sale :) BR buyers heart beat getting faster

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/7/5/a/a/75aa3f16359514_1_V235.jpg

those who still got a heart....:D

radha08
22-12-11, 18:14
example daily comparison yesterday / today

O@E - 119 / 122
Livia - 131 / 136
Waterfront Waves - 228 / 231

Casa Merah - 75 / 78
One Amber - 35 / 35
Dakota Residences - 31 / 29
Mandarin Garden - 37 / 41
Astoria Park - 11 / 12

If done daily over a month ... we will have technical trend

i also brought up this point before but a lot of bros said prop gur data not accurate...anyway good observation another thing u can do if u VERY free like me drive around the area at nite and observe how many units light is turned on...so u know how many people staying there and how many ghosts there are...:D:D:D

zeq
22-12-11, 18:22
That is correct, bro radha08. That is why the master of all ana-lists-that is the humble ME said only landed will crash exactly because of this point you observed. The rest of the property types will maintain their price levels.

I have been right so many times for the past 20 years, the next 20 years will make no difference in my accuracy of predicting the property markets.

BLACKJACK21TRADER AKA 神龙股侠。
NIL SINE LABORE et AMOR !

dun mind, dun keep highlighted yr words. very irritating.

hyenergix
22-12-11, 18:54
i also brought up this point before but a lot of bros said prop gur data not accurate...anyway good observation another thing u can do if u VERY free like me drive around the area at nite and observe how many units light is turned on...so u know how many people staying there and how many ghosts there are...:D:D:D

U r polluting e air w ur car. I suggest u walk.

richie$$$
22-12-11, 19:16
Prime property rental prices in Singapore rose 4.8 percent during the 12 months ending September 2011 – a significantly slower rise than the 17.8 percent recorded during the previous 12 month period.

The Knight Frank Prime Global Rental Index report, which looks at the top five percent of the residential market, placed Singapore in 10th place from the 16 surveyed cities. Geneva (18.3 percent), Nairobi (13 percent) and Hong Kong (10.6 percent) occupied the top three positions in terms of percentage increases.

The reported noted: “Asia provides a mixed picture with Hong Kong and Singapore recording more muted growth. In the past 12 months, annual rental growth has shifted from 18.1% to 10.6% in Hong Kong, and from 17% to 4.8% in Singapore. China’s main cities of Beijing and Shanghai by comparison are seeing the rate of rental growth rise, although it remains to be seen whether the government-imposed regulatory measures that are having the desired effect of softening prices will filter through to rents.”

Globally, rents for prime properties increased by 4.3 percent, representing the Index’s strongest annual performance since Q3 2008. The overall index is now 19 percent higher than its recessional low in Q1 2010, but still 18 percent lower than its pre-recessional peak in Q3 2008. The Asia Pacific region saw an average rise of 8 percent during the September 2010 to September 2011 period.

This survey was conducted prior to the latest round of cooling measures which were introduced by the Singapore government. Some analysts and industry watchers are expecting a rise in prime property rental prices as some foreigners choose to rent instead of buy to avoid the additional 10 percent stamp duty which was imposed earlier in December.

richie$$$
22-12-11, 19:16
Prime property rental prices in Singapore rose 4.8 percent during the 12 months ending September 2011 – a significantly slower rise than the 17.8 percent recorded during the previous 12 month period.

The Knight Frank Prime Global Rental Index report, which looks at the top five percent of the residential market, placed Singapore in 10th place from the 16 surveyed cities. Geneva (18.3 percent), Nairobi (13 percent) and Hong Kong (10.6 percent) occupied the top three positions in terms of percentage increases.

The reported noted: “Asia provides a mixed picture with Hong Kong and Singapore recording more muted growth. In the past 12 months, annual rental growth has shifted from 18.1% to 10.6% in Hong Kong, and from 17% to 4.8% in Singapore. China’s main cities of Beijing and Shanghai by comparison are seeing the rate of rental growth rise, although it remains to be seen whether the government-imposed regulatory measures that are having the desired effect of softening prices will filter through to rents.”

Globally, rents for prime properties increased by 4.3 percent, representing the Index’s strongest annual performance since Q3 2008. The overall index is now 19 percent higher than its recessional low in Q1 2010, but still 18 percent lower than its pre-recessional peak in Q3 2008. The Asia Pacific region saw an average rise of 8 percent during the September 2010 to September 2011 period.

This survey was conducted prior to the latest round of cooling measures which were introduced by the Singapore government. Some analysts and industry watchers are expecting a rise in prime property rental prices as some foreigners choose to rent instead of buy to avoid the additional 10 percent stamp duty which was imposed earlier in December.

samsara
22-12-11, 19:37
You are right. Talk is cheap. Analysts have nothing to lose by following the crowd. If everyone is shouting down the market, they will shout down the market. On the other hand, they put their necks on the chopping board by taking a stand that is contrary to the trend.

It is important to do your own research and develop your own understanding of what is going on at the macro-economic level and also what truly impacts the behaviour of markets.

Timing the market is a sure-lose approach. Well and good if one times it correctly (with handsome monetary rewards even) but should he mistime it, it can be terribly (maybe even fatally) costly.

ya all those clown earn money by talking rubbish everytime say may drop could drop might drop....kns so if never drop also they not salah because they say may/could/might...:cool:....better i talk kok n listen to myself...:D:D:D

ysyap
22-12-11, 19:40

Thank you for your attention it was fun being an analyst....:D:D:D:D:D:DYou are right to suggest that rental market will be strong going forward simply coz nearly all foreigners coming to our shores for work, etc will just have to rent. The rental demand for HDB flats will rise simply because investor's appetite for private sector has been greatly dampened by the latest CM.

Inevitably, the latest CM has also allowed more HDB owners to upgrade coz of nothing more than just a slight correction in private housing prices. All this provided the recession is kept at bay. :cheers5:

kane
22-12-11, 20:34

there's this condo cairnhill crest or something. Right at the exit of CtE to cairnhill. During the last crisis there were hardly any lights. I thought the prices would crash there. Was waiting for a crash but it didn't materialise so in the end had to aim elsewhere.

radha08
22-12-11, 20:59
U r polluting e air w ur car. I suggest u walk.

tks for suggestion i cicyle bicycle...

blackjack21trader
22-12-11, 21:31
dun mind, dun keep highlighted yr words. very irritating.

You should tell that to basic and richie$$$, they started it and they are the irritating ones. why YOU TARGET ME ? YOU SHOULD GO AND TAKE A GOOD LOOK AND TELL THEM OKAY !!!! :simmering:

kane
22-12-11, 21:41
relax relax, this thread so far quite peaceful, don't turn it into another colourful thread leh.

flagship74
22-12-11, 21:59
You should tell that to basic and richie$$$, they started it and they are the irritating ones. why YOU TARGET ME ? YOU SHOULD GO AND TAKE A GOOD LOOK AND TELL THEM OKAY !!!! :simmering:
:scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4:

devilplate
22-12-11, 22:02
How to gauge inflow and outflow of expats?

All these tok abt rental ok gg forward or potential oversupply r nothing if u cant tell the expats nett flow rite?

richie$$$
22-12-11, 22:02
Lmao gold fingers n mama boy. Balls left in d fridge

blackjack21trader
22-12-11, 22:06
relax relax, this thread so far quite peaceful, don't turn it into another colourful thread leh.

that zeq called me irritating...FINE...I will leave this forum. Good luck to the newbies here. You will never learn anything especially how to invest from the most humble person on Earth- that is, ME !:simmering:

richie$$$
22-12-11, 22:42
Farnee one who sees future wld b enjoying jetsetting life n nt spend time on forums n telling commoners wht 2 do

If I made $$$ I b somewhere else holidaying now Lmao

Me commoner can go kimchi land Nice cold weather free wifi if not me no come to forum

devilplate
22-12-11, 22:44
Farnee one who sees future wld b enjoying jetsetting life n nt spend time on forums n telling commoners wht 2 do

If I made $$$ I b somewhere else holidaying now Lmao

Me commoner can go kimchi land Nice cold weather free wifi if not me no come to forum
I tot u oredi made it wor....

devilplate
22-12-11, 22:47
that zeq called me irritating...FINE...I will leave this forum. Good luck to the newbies here. You will never learn anything especially how to invest from the most humble person on Earth- that is, ME !:simmering:
Pls continue ur story telling ;)

kane
22-12-11, 23:12
Pls continue ur story telling ;)

i support that.

ysyap
23-12-11, 04:14
that zeq called me irritating...FINE...I will leave this forum. Good luck to the newbies here. You will never learn anything especially how to invest from the most humble person on Earth- that is, ME !:simmering:Hey most humble man you fight till blue black in the other forum coz Mr B called you names and maul you down like a bulldozer and you exchange blows ceaselessly. Now this chap call you irritating and you run road? Not proportional lah...

Don't stop your story telling leh... :cheers4:

hyenergix
23-12-11, 05:28
We take on different persona in this virtual world. I'm your most humble peasant here.

ysyap
23-12-11, 05:36
We take on different persona in this virtual world. I'm your most humble peasant here.Huh? :confused:

hyenergix
23-12-11, 05:42
No need to take things too seriously here. We just take on a different persona and tcss. Strange to see so much flaming...

ysyap
23-12-11, 05:46
No need to take things too seriously here. We just take on a different persona and tcss. Strange to see so much flaming...Yes yes of course... its still couple of months before the falling durian season so in the mean time, can tcss! :cheers5:

Jadey
23-12-11, 06:40

Rental can only hold up is job market is good, job market can only hold up if economy is good, economy can only hold up if consumer sentiment is good.

Not sure about you, at the moment, I am not having a good sentiment about the economy for 2012.

blackjack21trader
23-12-11, 07:35
aiyo... you guys all so nice to me how can I bear to leave u leh ? I talk so much cork still got brothers here can praise me..and the admin also so nice never moderate my posts and drawings..I was just trying to pull the leg of this newbie zeq lah...indirectly hinting to him to look for basic and richie$$$ lor....WOAHAHAHAHAAH

land118
23-12-11, 07:55
Bro BJ21, yearning for your stories le....

blackjack21trader
23-12-11, 07:57
Bro BJ21, yearning for your stories le....

My brain juice dried liao after CM4 and CM5, brother land118 :banghead:

peterng8
23-12-11, 09:47
will this be the end of CM? IF with more land sales and with more new launch , the price is still very high or peak for new launch at out of city area, will there be CM6 around the corner?

since this will be the the doing of singkies already as speculators are already out, foreigners have also been limited to curb price and liquidity.

I believe CM6 itself, if there is, may not be as harsh as political aspect to gain point may have to taken into consideration?...:o

ysyap
23-12-11, 09:54
will this be the end of CM? IF with more land sales and with more new launch , the price is still very high or peak for new launch at out of city area, will there be CM6 around the corner?

since this will be the the doing of singkies already as speculators are already out, foreigners have also been limited to curb price and liquidity.

I believe CM6 itself, if there is, may not be as harsh as political aspect to gain point may have to taken into consideration?...:oLet's be objective about the directions of the many CMs... they have all been directed at buyers until CM4 which included SSD and that curbed short term speculations pretty well. Then came CM5 which practically killed foreign investors as well as put some brakes on local investors. If there is any CM6, govt should know that buyers and sellers alone do not form the entire property market. Bring in the investors, housing agents as well as the banks...

Most may argue banks have nothing to do with it but I honestly question their mechanism for valuation of property prices, which readily avails cash for buyers for a property which may prove to be too much for long term committment. Even offer 3 hours for loan approval. It simply painted a rosy picture for buyers, especially 1st time inexperienced buyers to rush in and buy properties like buying fish in the wet market. :doh:

Don't even get me started on the land bidding process! :cheers5:

peterng8
23-12-11, 10:12
Let's be objective about the directions of the many CMs... they have all been directed at buyers until CM4 which included SSD and that curbed short term speculations pretty well. Then came CM5 which practically killed foreign investors as well as put some brakes on local investors. If there is any CM6, govt should know that buyers and sellers alone do not form the entire property market. Bring in the investors, housing agents as well as the banks...

Most may argue banks have nothing to do with it but I honestly question their mechanism for valuation of property prices, which readily avails cash for buyers for a property which may prove to be too much for long term committment. Even offer 3 hours for loan approval. It simply painted a rosy picture for buyers, especially 1st time inexperienced buyers to rush in and buy properties like buying fish in the wet market. :doh:

Yes..possible as this may have less impact on political aspect in terms of polling, will be likely that this is one of the areas the next CM IF come true will be addressing:o

radha08
23-12-11, 11:02
Yes yes of course... its still couple of months before the falling durian season so in the mean time, can tcss! :cheers5:

he he i also say...:D:D:cheers4:

radha08
23-12-11, 11:09
Let's be objective about the directions of the many CMs... they have all been directed at buyers until CM4 which included SSD and that curbed short term speculations pretty well. Then came CM5 which practically killed foreign investors as well as put some brakes on local investors. If there is any CM6, govt should know that buyers and sellers alone do not form the entire property market. Bring in the investors, housing agents as well as the banks...

i was a geylang mkt this morning all stalls selling prawns at $10kg...then this dude(fishmonger) starts shouting lai ah lai....$7.50Kg....suddenly there is TOTAL chaos everybody rush to his stall start buying i also follow and buy 1kg...WTF i came market to buy mutton for my dog go home with prawns...:D...i only had $10 cash with me so i bought the prawns NO money left to buy mutton then i walked to cash on line to draw money but FKING cash on line under service...KNN...tulan i went back home with 1kg prawns NO mutton...:doh:..my dog look at me shake head:banghead:

moral of story...in life one must be focussed on your goals....just because the crowd rushes in DONT follow blindly...or you find yourself holding something that u never wanted...cheers...:cheers4:

devilplate
23-12-11, 11:12
i was a geylang mkt this morning all stalls selling prawns at $10kg...then this dude(fishmonger) starts shouting lai ah lai....$7.50Kg....suddenly there is TOTAL chaos everybody rush to his stall start buying i also follow and buy 1kg...WTF i came market to buy mutton for my dog go home with prawns...:D...i only had $10 cash with me so i bought the prawns NO money left to buy mutton then i walked to cash on line to draw money but FKING cash on line under service...KNN...tulan i went back home with 1kg prawns NO mutton...:doh:..my dog look at me shake head:banghead:

moral of story...in life one must be focussed on your goals....just because the crowd rushes in DONT follow blindly...or you find yourself holding something that u never wanted...cheers...:cheers4:
whahahaha

nice story!!! :D

DC33_2008
23-12-11, 11:14
Property agencies are creating such environment in showflat. Unfortunately, many people are caught and loose their 1%.

ysyap
23-12-11, 11:28

moral of story...in life one must be focussed on your goals....just because the crowd rushes in DONT follow blindly...or you find yourself holding something that u never wanted...cheers...:cheers4:My heart goes out to your dog... Lol!

Nice one! :cheers5:

hyenergix
23-12-11, 11:43

The moral of the story is to bring along more cash in case there are bargains.

DC33_2008
23-12-11, 12:12
Thought it is the other way round. No cash and will no buy.
The moral of the story is to bring along more cash in case there are bargains.

peterng8
23-12-11, 12:23

Your dog very good life...got prawn to eat also shake head,...last time dog at my kampong eat Sai...:o :p

radha08
23-12-11, 15:41
aiyo... you guys all so nice to me how can I bear to leave u leh ? I talk so much cork still got brothers here can praise me..and the admin also so nice never moderate my posts and drawings..I was just trying to pull the leg of this newbie zeq lah...indirectly hinting to him to look for basic and richie$$$ lor....WOAHAHAHAHAAH

he he thats why i never ask u to stay...i know u will come back...:D

my 4 daily website....property guru/sgcarmart/POEMS and Condo SINGAPORE.com....:D:D:D:D

radha08
23-12-11, 15:42
Your dog very good life...got prawn to eat also shake head,...last time dog at my kampong eat Sai...:o :p
hehe policeman also say like that last time wear shorts leg cold...nowadays wear pants...:D

devilplate
23-12-11, 17:05

my 4 daily website....property guru/sgcarmart/POEMS and Condo SINGAPORE.com....:D:D:D:D
about the same leh

me got bmw.sg and vag...LOL

blackjack21trader
23-12-11, 17:23

wow brother radha08, my website visits exactly like yours ! :cheers1:

richie$$$
23-12-11, 20:21
Prime area orchard, novena now gd rent? Flood no nd mrt can take boat 2 work same same Bangkok cheap cheap
flood sale no fire sale. Sign fm heaven.

TKT
23-12-11, 21:04
Mine same except sgcarmart replaced by sammyboy alfresco... :cheers6:

radha08
23-12-11, 21:25
wow brother radha08, my website visits exactly like yours ! :cheers1:

bro great minds think alike except i only cc look c look c....neber buy...:D:D:D

kane
23-12-11, 21:28

i do 3 of those websites.

ysyap
23-12-11, 21:30
Me sgcarmart, condosingapore, property guru and yahoo news... :spliff:

radha08
23-12-11, 21:42
ok la confesssion time...TjOoB also....:D:D:D:D

fclim
24-12-11, 00:24
Condosingapore, sgcarmart, oneshift.com. Oneshift quite good. Gives a detailed breakdown of monthly instalment, breakeven period and loan redemption amount at each month.

Met a roadblock on way home just now. Knn, Police neber stop car in front, but stopped mine. Maybe I drive a black car. Symbol of aggressiveness?

Luckily neber drink and drive tonight. Wind down window, police asked whether got take acoholic drink anot. I think he trying to smell my breath. I said No, and he waved me on. Many cars kenna stopped by roadside.

1st offence, fine $3,000 and/or jail. Second offence, confirmed fine AND jail sentence.:scared-1:

hyenergix
24-12-11, 05:46
Condosingapore, sgcarmart, oneshift.com. Oneshift quite good. Gives a detailed breakdown of monthly instalment, breakeven period and loan redemption amount at each month.

Met a roadblock on way home just now. Knn, Police neber stop car in front, but stopped mine. Maybe I drive a black car. Symbol of aggressiveness?

Luckily neber drink and drive tonight. Wind down window, police asked whether got take acoholic drink anot. I think he trying to smell my breath. I said No, and he waved me on. Many cars kenna stopped by roadside.

1st offence, fine $3,000 and/or jail. Second offence, confirmed fine AND jail sentence.:scared-1:

There are some car models that traffic police look out for. Try driving a Chery QQ, there is a sticker that says "Police-safe" if you look under the engine cover.

ysyap
24-12-11, 06:11

1st offence, fine $3,000 and/or jail. Second offence, confirmed fine AND jail sentence.:scared-1:Well at 1 am on a festive weekend, there will be a great catch for the police so they can show numbers later... Lol...

Try this next time, heard from my friend on speeding (not drink and drive). He was speeding and kana caught by traffic police. Stopped vehicle then wind down window and told police officer he very very urgent need to release so explained his speeding and rushed police to quickly take down his particulars so he can release at home. Police thought a for moment and let him go free... Lol! :scared-4:

hyenergix
24-12-11, 06:22
Well at 1 am on a festive weekend, there will be a great catch for the police so they can show numbers later... Lol...

Try this next time, heard from my friend on speeding (not drink and drive). He was speeding and kana caught by traffic police. Stopped vehicle then wind down window and told police officer he very very urgent need to release so explained his speeding and rushed police to quickly take down his particulars so he can release at home. Police thought a for moment and let him go free... Lol! :scared-4:

This problem is real. I have been thinking of a car seat with integrated air-con, toilet and back-massage.

ysyap
24-12-11, 06:35
This problem is real. I have been thinking of a car seat with integrated air-con, toilet and back-massage.While I can understand integrated a/c and back massage (already available) but what toilet facilities can you incorporate? If there are other passengers how? If you have big business, how? Not possible lah... :sleep:

hyenergix
24-12-11, 08:27
While I can understand integrated a/c and back massage (already available) but what toilet facilities can you incorporate? If there are other passengers how? If you have big business, how? Not possible lah... :sleep:

During emergencies, just turn on the radio and wind down the windows. Use a sheet of newspaper to hide the seat.

Jonathan0503
24-12-11, 12:47
about the same leh

me got bmw.sg and vag...LOL

Oh, u member of VAG also?

ysyap
24-12-11, 13:57
During emergencies, just turn on the radio and wind down the windows. Use a sheet of newspaper to hide the seat.How not to stain your car in the process? Not to mention your hands!