PDA

View Full Version : MMs have a bright future

Eastboy
08-01-12, 23:06
If you watch the vid of this 24sqm (258sqft) apt in Barcelona, it will inspire you to continue to believe in the future of MMs....haha!

Lego-style apartment transforms into infinite spaces (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juWaO5TJS00)

mcmlxxvi
09-01-12, 11:35
If you watch the vid of this 24sqm (258sqft) apt in Barcelona, it will inspire you to continue to believe in the future of MMs....haha!

Lego-style apartment transforms into infinite spaces (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juWaO5TJS00)

Seen long ago liao! Believer since 2006 Mountbatten Lodge...

Google Gary Chang and be even more inspired...

focus
09-01-12, 12:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4FoAr8i26g&feature=related

Yes. I have to agree the MMs have a future in the city area where land is scarce. From those videos in youtube, it seems a lot of people living in <400sqft units :-
1) dont want to travel 1hr into the city center
2) dont want to caught in jam using a car in city center
3) want to just go back home straight and change and head out to the streest in city center for entertainment

In sydney and Melbourne, it is also the same thinking for the demand of MM. Some people want convinence over space.

But not too sure about the surburbs.

Condo Kaiser
09-01-12, 12:35
Very few apartment under 500 sqft in aussie... and most studio is catering international students exclusively.

Jonathan0503
09-01-12, 12:43
Can we have a list of all the advantages of MM:

Let me start:

1) Lower quantum
2) Easier to find tenant?
3) Easier to sell
4) Easier to clean and maintain

What else?

Alan Shearer
09-01-12, 16:04
Save 2 hours per day travel time by living near to work

Save 1 hour per day on cleaning

= have a full extra month per year of free time!

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 16:18
althou i do not own any mms, i have to agree that this class of property got potential ! esp. so when so many wants to marry only later in life.

mcmlxxvi
09-01-12, 16:20
Save 2 hours per day travel time by living near to work

Save 1 hour per day on cleaning

= have a full extra month per year of free time!

Well said. Money lost can be earned back. Time lost... Sigh

mcmlxxvi
09-01-12, 16:21
Can we have a list of all the advantages of MM:

Let me start:

1) Lower quantum
2) Easier to find tenant?
3) Easier to sell
4) Easier to clean and maintain

What else?

Have said many times... If i have 2 mil i would not buy one swanky D10 apt. I will buy 4 x run of the mill MM each 500k.

Even 2k x 4 = 8k ... I doubt the 2 mil can rent 8k.

If tenant disappear thats it. 2k x 4, one tenant disappear, not all is lost.

evergreen
09-01-12, 18:57
I don't know why some people would rather buy 1 large apartment and rent out 1 room than to buy 2 small apartments and rent out one. Maybe it's an issue of not being able to fork out the 40% on the 2nd property. Maybe they have not tried living in a small apartment before.

I think MM in city and fringe areas have potential because of limited land. But MM in ulu places, I'm not too confident of its potential rental yield.

althou i do not own any mms, i have to agree that this class of property got potential ! esp. so when so many wants to marry only later in life.
Many people generate money from getting married. They get all sorts of housing subsidies. The majority cannot afford to buy property if they don't get married and combine income!

Have said many times... If i have 2 mil i would not buy one swanky D10 apt. I will buy 4 x run of the mill MM each 500k.

If you take loan, you can buy more than 4 :D

irisng
09-01-12, 19:40
[quote=evergreen]
Many people generate money from getting married.

The wife will get richer because beside her own income, some still receives allowance from her husband + her husband pays for most of the household expenses, haha.:cool:

evergreen
09-01-12, 19:53
That's the ideal situation. But nowadays, it's common for both to earn same salary and chip in the same amount into household expenses. I have 2 female friends whose respective husbands didn't have enough money for downpayment for the house. My friends also earn more than husband. So how to get allowance like that? :doh:

The reality is: men are depending on wife to qualify for loans to pay for their lifestyle, i.e. condo, car.

solsys
09-01-12, 20:04
That's the ideal situation. But nowadays, it's common for both to earn same salary and chip in the same amount into household expenses. I have 2 female friends whose respective husbands didn't have enough money for downpayment for the house. My friends also earn more than husband. So how to get allowance like that? :doh:

The reality is: men are depending on wife to qualify for loans to pay for their lifestyle, i.e. condo, car.

There are two kinds of men,

1. the capable kind who marries beautiful women because he can provide for her.

2. the cannot make it kind who lowers his expectations to secure his future.

If your friends are good-lookers then their husbands are real lucky! It's like Simon Yam in his gigolo movie!

ysyap
09-01-12, 20:11

The reality is: men are depending on wife to qualify for loans to pay for their lifestyle, i.e. condo, car.As the famous saying goes...

A successful man is one who earns enough for his gf/wife to spend. A successful woman is one who finds such a man. Maybe now role reversal... :D

evergreen
09-01-12, 20:55
But the Singaporean men I know who earn enough tend to frequently engage prostitutes or womanize. i know that it doesnt take money to womanize. Therefore, woman must marry a guy who is rich and dont pay the household expenses so that woman will not end up poorer after divorce.

I don't think MM is suitable for a couple to live in. Too small. Cant even fit king size bed into the bedroom. And whole day in each other's face.

gav108
09-01-12, 21:51
24 sq m only and has a balcony! right in the face of those who complain about balconies :D

august
09-01-12, 23:02
his MM at roof top leh, very good view leh.

mcmlxxvi
10-01-12, 16:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4FoAr8i26g&feature=related

This one winner.... 78sf only

Eastboy
10-01-12, 19:44
This one winner.... 78sf only

ya he really win....and i thought my 100sf balcony is too small :doh:

Eastboy
13-02-12, 19:40
so interesting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG4AvV6wz5Q&feature=fvwrel