PDA

View Full Version : The Infiniti (D5, Freehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Pages : [1] 2 3

orange
02-05-07, 21:27
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/215/logouh3.jpg
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5990/detailsev2.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6358/poolrenderxo4.jpghttp://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5958/mapsu5.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/389/bedroomrenderny9.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/3316/sitemapzd8.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9697/96631942xz8.jpghttp://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7827/44118308lp2.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5031/22882317fp5.jpghttp://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1594/36699200kh4.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6259/80179399li9.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/323/a1vm2.jpghttp://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7259/b1jc5.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7880/c1zw5.jpghttp://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5447/d1ff9.jpg

Madeira
02-05-07, 22:32
Thanks for the useful information. Do u know how many units are left in this development, and what are the selling price ranges?

Undecided One
03-05-07, 13:48
Thanks for the useful information. Do u know how many units are left in this development, and what are the selling price ranges?

Heard that there are about 70 units left....
Price psf is around average $700-$750. Bontannia is going around $800-$830 psf...

Unregistered
03-05-07, 13:56
Heard that there are about 70 units left....
Price psf is around average $700-$750. Bontannia is going around $800-$830 psf...

Wow,
price for both projects have gone up since two weeks ago?
If I didn't want to buy last month, why should I buy now?
Heard that 600+units Westpeak freehold site will be launched soon, it certainly will be even higher, but westpeak definitely is much better location than infinti/Botania
I guess I wait

Unregistered
03-05-07, 15:25
Hi Undecided One,

Short of calling the sale rep personally, would you be able to disclose the source of the PSF price for Botania and Infiniti?

I am surprised to learn that the prices have been adjusted up so soon. Pity I didn't buy any of the unit a while back when the prices were still sub-$700 psf (infiniti) and sub-$800 (botania). I was looking at Carabelle coz I really like the design but alas, from the Carabelle thread, it was fully booked...

Undecided One
03-05-07, 22:11
I heard it from a friend who went down recently to both showroom. I will try to check with the agent when I am back from biz trip.
Price keeps going up & it can be quite fustrating. Heard that the new project at west coast walk is going around $850 psf!!!!

Unregistered
04-05-07, 17:40
I heard it from a friend who went down recently to both showroom. I will try to check with the agent when I am back from biz trip.
Price keeps going up & it can be quite fustrating. Heard that the new project at west coast walk is going around $850 psf!!!!

Sub-sale for Varsity Park and Clementiwoods are about $550~680 psf now. And location for both VP and CW seems to be better too.

Congestion of traffic will be a big problem after Botannia, Infiniti and Carabelle are done, with an estimate of 2000 units in that area.

Unregistered
05-05-07, 15:35
Sub-sale for Varsity Park and Clementiwoods are about $550~680 psf now. And location for both VP and CW seems to be better too.

Congestion of traffic will be a big problem after Botannia, Infiniti and Carabelle are done, with an estimate of 2000 units in that area.

I am not sure whether to buy 99 yrs leasehold property. Both VP & CW are 99 yrs.

Infiniti is freehold, Carabelle & Botannia are 999 yrs. When VP, CW, Stellar & Foliage are ready. The traffic there will also be horrible.

Heard from showroom agent that Botannia may have a new exit on the state land next to the Pandan river. Can anyone verify this?

Unregistered
06-05-07, 14:36
Quote from Opinion and Analysis - 20/04/07
Regional experts
Dr Chua Yang Liang and Christopher Fossick of JLL discuss the thriving residential property market in Singapore.
By John Higginson

"Which other areas with good growth potential should savvy buyers also consider?
CYL: Developments in the East Coast and West Coast with good growth potential are being well received by buyers. Boutique developments such as Axis @ Siglap, The Mint Residences, Robertson Edge and Tessa Lodge received good take-up, even in the absence of any showflats. ClementiWoods also had a positive response due to its location. With a number of collective sales in East Coast transacted in 2005 and 2006, we can expect more new launches in 2007. "

"Do you see the ‘mass’ residential market ever keeping pace with the high-end, and what factors dictate growth in this sector?
CYL: The mass market continues to lag behind the high end. Currently there are no major urban policy shifts nor draconian fiscal measures that would help spur the upgrader market. However, there´s the filtering-down effect from the high prices in the luxury sector, which has helped pull up some of the prices, particularly the mid-tier projects and we expect this filtering-down effect to continue. We´ve seen some improvements in the average pricing of mass-market projects such as Yew Tee Residences, The Centris and ClementiWoods. Projects with good accessibility such as near major transportation nodes such as MRT and bus interchange, and near to amenities such as schools continue to be well sought after. Overall, we predict that the mass market will rise between 6-8% in 2007."

For the complete article, please go to:
http://www.property-report.com/print...archives&id=71

St.
14-05-07, 16:31

Can anyone explain why this project has attracted much less attention than others in the same area (Carabelle, Botannia...)? Carabelle, also by the express way, is sold out in 1-2 months but this one has been there for sale for a year. Why?

ahlahdin
14-05-07, 16:36
Marketing? :D

dimitri_81
23-05-07, 22:12
Hi all, anyone know what's the average psf for Infiniti now? And how many units left? :)

St.
24-05-07, 09:26
I heard it's about $630 after discount.

Unregistered
29-05-07, 11:35
Can anyone explain why this project has attracted much less attention than others in the same area (Carabelle, Botannia...)? Carabelle, also by the express way, is sold out in 1-2 months but this one has been there for sale for a year. Why?

I think it is about timing. Infiniti was launched before the big boom. So the response initially was not so good. By the time Carabelle is launched, people just go for it as it is newer. Human nature.

I think Infiniti is still a good choice as it's land cost is cheaper (enbloc earlier) to the developer. Heard the units left are all 3 bedrooms. 4 bedrooms, 2 bedrooms & Penthouse are all sold.

St.
29-05-07, 15:34
I think it is about timing. Infiniti was launched before the big boom. So the response initially was not so good. By the time Carabelle is launched, people just go for it as it is newer. Human nature.

I think Infiniti is still a good choice as it's land cost is cheaper (enbloc earlier) to the developer. Heard the units left are all 3 bedrooms. 4 bedrooms, 2 bedrooms & Penthouse are all sold.

That doesn't explain why people still prefer the last a few 'left-over' Carabelle units than the choice Infiniti units.

I think the interior & layout are good, if not the best amont the 3 projects, not talking about its relatively cheaper psf which means more potential. Two aspects that differciate Infiniti from others are:

(1) close to AYE so the road noise may be a major concern. But it also brings advantages of conveniently accessing to public transport (bus) and of unblocked view...

(2) unlike the traditional circular site plan, it's at a triangular narrow site where facilities are at one side of the building row...

Do these factors pull buyers off?

marketing
29-05-07, 15:57
F&N dunno how to market Infiniti properly. Their marketing is all wrong. Look at their website and their newspaper ads. I think this should be one of their two current "suburban" properties? The other one is Raintree.

The Raintree's marketing is top notch, appealing to the right people and that explains the sell-out. The Infiniti? Well F&N better do some in depth market research. Sometimes "suburban" condos need to be marketed with some class, because people who buy them don't necessarily want to be reminded of how family-oriented and heartland their condo is.

Just compare Carabelle's marketing with Infiniti and tell me which one you'll be more willing to spend money on. It may not be much money compared to their St Thomas Suites, but it is still a few hundred thousand, close to 1 million, and people still need to be assured that they are buying something classy.

Unregistered
30-05-07, 20:10
I agreed, the developer marketing plot is lost!
Infiniti is so near to Nan Hua Primary School (< 1km) which is a very good primary school and yet it was not even mentioned on their brochure or advertisement. Instead, they mentioned Nan Hua Secondary for what?!!!

If the marketing is done properly and with a better interior finishing & unique layout than Carabelle, it's sales should be better.
BTW, how many units are left?

ht
30-05-07, 22:49
I think it is about 80% sold.

Does it mean that besides the marketing, the quality and value of infiniti is not inferior to carabelle ?

I am quite impressed with Infiniti, did not see Carabelle, so cannot compare, but definitely better than Botannia, especially when the latter is going at a much higher psf, even when it is only 956 leasehold.

Seriously considering .....:47:

Unregistered
30-05-07, 22:59
I saw all three together with my friends. But he bought Infiniti before Bontannia was launched. After seeing Carabelle & Botannia, we all agreed that Infiniti finishing is better and more value for money.
BTW, he actually bought the unit to be close to Nan Hua Primary.....

dude
30-05-07, 23:04
Freehold and 956/999 yrs are really no difference...

ht
30-05-07, 23:13
Freehold and 956/999 yrs are really no difference...

really ???

Madeira
30-05-07, 23:31
As at end of Apr 2007, 235 out of a total of 315 units were sold. This info is available from URA website.

ht
31-05-07, 19:06
heard at least 5 more units sold today.....

A little concern of its proximity to the AYE...

Unregistered
31-05-07, 22:04
heard at least 5 more units sold today.....

A little concern of its proximity to the AYE...

I think it will not be that bad as the facilities and the trees will block the noise. The key is that the developer has to plant more trees & hopefully built concrete fencing along the AYE.

If you did not buy the high floor unit facing the AYE, the road noise will not be that bad....

Good luck! Hope to have you as neighbour too! :)

Unregistered
31-05-07, 22:32
Any condo fronting an expressway is going to be way way noisy and dusty. Worst still, it's AYE which has lots of big container trucks plying to and fro the industrial area of Jurong. I'm speaking from personal experience of having my office just by AYE and about 50m away from the road. It's noisy and this is when I don't even open my windows at all since I've the aircon working the whole day in office.

ht
31-05-07, 23:07
Any condo fronting an expressway is going to be way way noisy and dusty. Worst still, it's AYE which has lots of big container trucks plying to and fro the industrial area of Jurong. I'm speaking from personal experience of having my office just by AYE and about 50m away from the road. It's noisy and this is when I don't even open my windows at all since I've the aircon working the whole day in office.

mind sharing what psf you paid, and what facing, just curious how much the price has increased, especially with Carabelle which sold like hot cakes.

Unregistered
01-06-07, 01:16
Maybe i shall start the ball rolling. Bought a 2-bedroom unit for $607 psf, facing the main gate. Any new neighbours care to share theirs?

BoeingDriver
01-06-07, 10:15
Heard a 2 bedroom unit in Carabelle sub-sale for $710psf

Unregistered
01-06-07, 10:28
Heard a 2 bedroom unit in Carabelle sub-sale for $710psf

Is this asking or a real transacted price?

Portion of Carabelle also face AYE...

Boeingdriver
01-06-07, 10:42
Transacted. sorry, its $720psf that is transacted

ht
01-06-07, 13:48
Thanks.

Looking at one of the pool facing 3BR units for 622psf.

Still can't figure why is Infinity the cheapest around the area... is it size of the condo area, seems to be a point that Botannia (its fiercest competitor) been driving at in its ad that it has a wide expanse of area.

St.
01-06-07, 17:25
I saw all three together with my friends. But he bought Infiniti before Bontannia was launched. After seeing Carabelle & Botannia, we all agreed that Infiniti finishing is better and more value for money.
BTW, he actually bought the unit to be close to Nan Hua Primary.....

I agree too. Infiniti is better in interior & layout among the three projects. I'm very impressed for its master bathroom, like 5-star hotel... everywhere (wall, floor & vanity top) finishing with natural granite or marble. Its exchanging the bathtub for a larger shower cubicle is also more practical in my opinion -- I know it's personal, some like bathtub but some never use it!

I think Infiniti is apparently more value for money as it is selling cheaper now while tenure, interior etc. are better and maybe more important the TOP is sooner.

St.
01-06-07, 18:26
Still can't figure why is Infinity the cheapest around the area... is it size of the condo area, seems to be a point that Botannia (its fiercest competitor) been driving at in its ad that it has a wide expanse of area. not to-scale... i hope the info is accurate. http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6264/overview2rb3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ht
01-06-07, 23:20
Thanks St., very informative indeed.

I guess that's why Botannia has been bragging about its space in its ad.

Between Carabelle and Infiniti however, they are pretty comparable.

Overall, infiniti still better value :) :)

ht
02-06-07, 15:11
Just bought a 3BR unit today !!!!

Pond and pool facing. $600psf

Remaining units are going pretty fast, heard they will be upping the price from mon. So grab myself one before it's too late.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Boeingdriver
02-06-07, 17:26
So the high price of Botannia is helping Carabelle and Infiniti to sell their units...

blackjack21trader
02-06-07, 18:40
So the high price of Botannia is helping Carabelle and Infiniti to sell their units...

actually, there is something local buyers missed out on:

1) The size of Singapore is nothing compared to cities like Tokyo or New York. So, price wise, it should filtered out from the central core to outer regions like west coast or east coast in a very rapid manner.

2) If you talk about a worldclass city, the whole of Singapore has to be worldclass.

3) The foreigners want the best of both worlds- a city with solid infrastructure coupled with nature like our neighbours can provide by taking a yatch ride.

So, it will be a matter of less time you see price jump like what u are seeing now. My humble opinion is even MP will be snapped up in a blink of an eye very soon. I dun think Botannia has anything to do with what you are seeing now.

a few months later, dun say i never tell u har....

If u think otherwise, please do not hesitate to hammer my little post here ;)

JMHO

Cya later, alligators....

ht
02-06-07, 22:02
actually, there is something local buyers missed out on:....

a few months later, dun say i never tell u har....

do you mean that prices of Infiniti, Carabelle, will climb, even beyond Botannia's ?

Unregistered
02-06-07, 22:17

Remaining units are going pretty fast, heard they will be upping the price from mon. So grab myself one before it's too late.

Congratulations!
May I know how many units are left when you bought it?

Unregistered
02-06-07, 22:47

May I ask which floor is your unit on? I thought they are selling at 650 PSF. 600 psf seems quite reasonable.

ht
03-06-07, 00:24
May I ask which floor is your unit on? I thought they are selling at 650 PSF. 600 psf seems quite reasonable.

I got the 2nd floor, the few pool facing ones left were all 2nd floor. That explained the low psf I got.

Not sure the exact numbers left, probably low 20s. As it started with 30 in the morning, and I saw a few pple dishing out cheques and signing OTPs.

ht
03-06-07, 22:53
just got an SMS, developer just raised price by 2% !!

:cheers1: :cheers1:

Pro-Infiniti
04-06-07, 18:06
just got an SMS, developer just raised price by 2% !!

:cheers1: :cheers1:

Looks like the developer is confident to clear the balance units. Hurray!
HT, did you ask your agents about your concerns on the road noise?

congrats
04-06-07, 18:09

Congrats HT! You finally got one for yourself....

ht
04-06-07, 21:00
Looks like the developer is confident to clear the balance units. Hurray!
HT, did you ask your agents about your concerns on the road noise?

Centrepoint Homes is aware of the noise hazard and potential stigma, and had apparetly employed acoustic engineer to study into the noise abatement measures, which include:

- fence and thick vegetation shielding the development to reduce sound travel from the road
- thicker double glazed windows for those units facing the pool and AYE
- angled facing of the blocks to reduce trapping and amplification of noise between the blocks
- minimum of 25m between the nearest point of any block to the road
etc.....

In any case, as I have taken the 2nd floor, I will be overlooking the nice eco pond and kid's pool, without a view of the AYE, and noise should also be kept to minimal, as it travel upwards.

got a sms from the agent that Collier's Interational predicts that psf in the the area will reach 800 by Q4 !!

:cool: :cool:

Pro-Infiniti
04-06-07, 21:18
Centrepoint Homes is aware of the noise hazard and potential stigma, and had apparetly employed acoustic engineer to study into the noise abatement measures, which include:

- fence and thick vegetation shielding the development to reduce sound travel from the road
- thicker double glazed windows for those units facing the pool and AYE
- angled facing of the blocks to reduce trapping and amplification of noise between the blocks
- minimum of 25m between the nearest point of any block to the road
etc.....

In any case, as I have taken the 2nd floor, I will be overlooking the nice eco pond and kid's pool, without a view of the AYE, and noise should also be kept to minimal, as it travel upwards.

got a sms from the agent that Collier's Interational predicts that psf in the the area will reach 800 by Q4 !!

Wow! If it really reach 800 psf, I am wondering whether to realise my gain or not!? I bought a ground unit with a nice patio near the lap pool. Welcome to the Infiniti Club! :cool:

ht
04-06-07, 21:24
I think the Infiniti will certainly make a great home to stay, if the "prediction" turns out right, then it's gonna be a little headache for us, but I think I welcome this kind of headache anytime !!!

Unregistered
04-06-07, 23:11
Keep on dreaming in your dreamland...zzzz..zzz..

Unregistered
05-06-07, 10:21
We looked at all of them: Botannia, Carabelle and the infiniti. We bought Carabelle. We just don't like the proximity of the infinit to the AYE, no matter how reassuring the sales lady tried to be.

Carabelle will use the Infini as the noise screen, but the price is actually lower.

Unregistered
05-06-07, 14:21
There will always be pros & cons on anything. Infiniti is near to highway but it also means that it is more convenient with the side gates to the bus stop. It's finishing is better than Carabelle & price more attractive. It's condo layout is more unique while Carabelle & Botannia are more "conventional". You probably either like it or hate it....

A portion of Carabelle also face the highway and the finishing is not as good as Infiniti & Botannia.

Unregistered
05-06-07, 14:53
We bought a unit in the west end facing the pool, thus we have two noise screens, the unit behind ours and the Infiniti. Plus, our price psf is quite low, lower than the average and much lower than some of the flippers are asking for nowadays.

ht
05-06-07, 15:26
We bought a unit in the west end facing the pool, thus we have two noise screens, the unit behind ours and the Infiniti. Plus, our price psf is quite low, lower than the average and much lower than some of the flippers are asking for nowadays.

I think you are one of the lucky ones that got Carabelle at a good price, given it was sold off within such a short period.

I did not get to see Carabelle, as I was still holding on to my other unit, which I just sold recently, before getting Infiniti.

Mind sharing what psf you bought? and how much are the flippers asking?

Actually, I think that it doesn't matter which developement you are staying, as long as the overall av psf in the area increases, everybody will stand to benefit. That's why I do hope that Botannia get sold off soon too.

Unregistered
05-06-07, 15:57
Just talked to CDL. They just raised the price for Botannia by 4% on average. but it is not clear from the original price or last week's discounted price.

We bought Carabelle for less than 600 psf. The flippers are asking for 800 psf now. I cannot believe that difference. too fast too soon. It is just some flippers tyring to make a fast buck. they will get it or not. who knows?

We are not flippers, and we will live in it, as I worked nearby. and my sons will go to Nan Hwa after top. They can walk there. It is just across the overpass.

St.
05-06-07, 18:40
We looked at all of them: Botannia, Carabelle and the infiniti. We bought Carabelle. We just don't like the proximity of the infinit to the AYE, no matter how reassuring the sales lady tried to be.

Carabelle will use the Infini as the noise screen, but the price is actually lower. Congratulation! I hope you enjoy staying in as well as value appreciation. But be nice to your neighbours. Whichever you bought, the ave psf of nearby projects is somehow tied up together. As someone said in another thread that there is only one West Coast project. However, the psf of an individual unit depends on many factors -- floor, facing, layout besides the effective area. It doesn't make sense to compare on individual psf without taking into consideration all other factors...

ht
05-06-07, 20:39
Just talked to CDL. They just raised the price for Botannia by 4% on average. but it is not clear from the original price or last week's discounted price.

We bought Carabelle for less than 600 psf. The flippers are asking for 800 psf now. I cannot believe that difference. too fast too soon. It is just some flippers tyring to make a fast buck. they will get it or not. who knows?

We are not flippers, and we will live in it, as I worked nearby. and my sons will go to Nan Hwa after top. They can walk there. It is just across the overpass.

I am also planning to send my daughter to Nan Hwa, when are you admitting your son?
seems like the possibility of phase 2C (<1km) balloting is pretty high, at least that was the case last year, given that it is a pretty good school and high residential density around the area. sigh.....

Unregistered
05-06-07, 20:59
Sorry to say this but this area is going to be so crowded... Monterey, Carabelle, Infiniti, Botannia and soon HL...all big developments.... Geee!!!

ht
05-06-07, 21:26
on the contrary, I thot it might bring more life to the place. As it is, Monterey Park seems rather "lonely" now... :sleep: :sleep:

with more people, we might even see more amenities being brought to the neighbourhood...

this is nothing compared to areas like Hillview or even the East Coast :scared-1:

Unregistered
06-06-07, 09:44
I am also planning to send my daughter to Nan Hwa, when are you admitting your son?
seems like the possibility of phase 2C (<1km) balloting is pretty high, at least that was the case last year, given that it is a pretty good school and high residential density around the area. sigh.....

Well, they say we parents have to be volunteers for school activities for our kids to be admitted. Well, my wife has asked to start doing that in 2009. I have two more years of leisurely life to go. haha!!

But seriously, I really doubt that Nan Hua is special. I don't any schools are special. So, I won't lose sleep if my kids are not balloted in.

St.
06-06-07, 23:49
Does anybody have news or update about the two nearby amenities: Ginza plaza (redevelopment), and (new) Clementi bus interchange?

ht
07-06-07, 23:59
Well, they say we parents have to be volunteers for school activities for our kids to be admitted. Well, my wife has asked to start doing that in 2009. I have two more years of leisurely life to go. haha!!

But seriously, I really doubt that Nan Hua is special. I don't any schools are special. So, I won't lose sleep if my kids are not balloted in.

I did not bother about worrying when I have more than 2 years, now that she will be admitting in 2009....you wonder if you are short-changing them by not trying enough....in fact that is one of the reason I got Infiniti.

Unregistered
08-06-07, 09:36
Wow, buying the Infiniti for Nan Hua? I admire you for being a good parent. But, you know what, sometimes doing less for your kids is good for them. Doing too much may actually do damages. I went to a neighborhood school, and I was with the worst students in the world. But I have turned out quite good. It is the genes that determine whether you will be successful or not. Going to good schools may help, but not much.

The question is do nan Hwa students excel in academics because they were born smart, or because the school adds value. I believe that first is a more important factor.

We bought Carabelle because I work nearby, and because we see value in the project. Nan Hua, if my kids get in, is just icing on the cake.

ht
08-06-07, 11:04
Wow, buying the Infiniti for Nan Hua? I admire you for being a good parent. But, you know what, sometimes doing less for your kids is good for them. Doing too much may actually do damages. I went to a neighborhood school, and I was with the worst students in the world. But I have turned out quite good. It is the genes that determine whether you will be successful or not. Going to good schools may help, but not much.

The question is do nan Hwa students excel in academics because they were born smart, or because the school adds value. I believe that first is a more important factor.

We bought Carabelle because I work nearby, and because we see value in the project. Nan Hua, if my kids get in, is just icing on the cake.

It's just one of the reasons la. There are definitely other reason as well; like the west coast location , the feel of the condo design, finishing, value of the project, etc, etc.

What I wish for is a conducive environment for her, personally, I think peer influence is a key factor. For example, she is attending a private kindergarten now, while it is slightly more expensive, some of the kids that she attends classes with actually have some positive influence on her. The theory being that parents who are willing to spend a bit more for the child's education will probably pay more attention on their development as well. We though it is a good investment.

But I agree, we also should not overdo it, just to the extent that we think we have tried to make things better, within our means. :) :)

Unregistered
08-06-07, 21:07

I think Carabelle sold fast because the booking fee plus initial partial payment is much lower, maybe only 5-10% for deferred payment scheme as compared to Infiniti and Botannia (which are 20%). More speculators and people who do not have the means might be attracted to the former.

St.
08-06-07, 21:57
I think Carabelle sold fast because the booking fee plus initial partial payment is much lower, maybe only 5-10% for deferred payment scheme as compared to Infiniti and Botannia (which are 20%). More speculators and people who do not have the means might be attracted to the former. Thanks. I didn't know this before. But it means more speculators go to Carabelle? It will be interesting to watch the subsale...

ht
08-06-07, 22:25
I am surprised that the West Coast Project actually attract speculators, as I thot they would only be keen on more prime areas.

I always think of pple who buy into this area as incidental investor, i.e., pple buying with the intention to stay but letting go when the capital gain become too irresistable.

I suspect the sub-sale for Carabelle will only heat up after both Botannia and Infiniti are sold out.

St.
09-06-07, 14:32
There are a few subsale ads for Carabelle & Infiniti units on the net but not many.

Also, Infiniti is advertised on today's newspaper again... From the illustrated 3BR-unit price, it's still about $610psf.

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/345/jun9fw6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ht
09-06-07, 21:36
Hi ST,

can share where are they posted on the internet ? Curious if there is anypoint in sub-selling the infiniti at this point, when they are still units available at low 600 psf.

Thanks.

St.
09-06-07, 22:12
Hi ST,

can share where are they posted on the internet ? Curious if there is anypoint in sub-selling the infiniti at this point, when they are still units available at low 600 psf.

Thanks. Check this out: http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housing-in-singapore/search/apartment-sale/page4-d05-sESTATE.htm 2 Infiniti units at around $700psf 2 Botannia units asking $770 - 900 psf !! 6 Carabelle units in the range of $740 - 800+ As compared to those hotcakes - 14 Clementiwood units at $570-770psf over 70 OneNorth Residence units, most at $1000+ :) :) :)

ht
09-06-07, 22:43
Thanks.

Been to this website before, price posted are on the high side generally.

If Carabelle can close with these pricing, the rest of ther west coast project won't be too far off.... :) :)

just wait for supply in the area to run out ... demand will drive the prices.

St.
09-06-07, 23:04
Despite e asking price - agreed its no meaning until transacted, it shows for e # of speculators at D5: OneNorth >> ClementiWood >> Carabelle > Infiniti. this seems to support e theory above in this thread for why Carabelle sold out faster

Unregistered
10-06-07, 04:58
Is always better to get your kid into a better school as majority of schools except the private ones costs the same in term of school fee. If you can get your kid into a better one within your mean, you should. Is not a Singapore thing, people all over the world does that. Whether they make it or not is another thing as you know you have tried your best. I bought Infiniti not only because of the school but also because is closer to my husband's workplace and town area. I think the price to get into that school is reasonable unlike some schools in Bukit Timah. [/QUOTE]

ht
10-06-07, 11:18
Is always better to get your kid into a better school as majority of schools except the private ones costs the same in term of school fee. If you can get your kid into a better one within your mean, you should. Is not a Singapore thing, people all over the world does that. Whether they make it or not is another thing as you know you have tried your best. I bought Infiniti not only because of the school but also because is closer to my husband's workplace and town area. I think the price to get into that school is reasonable unlike some schools in Bukit Timah.

I agree, it was a nice icing on the cake on top the rest of the likeable things about Infiniti.
The key factor has to be its value for money. ;) ;)

Pro-Infiniti
10-06-07, 11:40
Is always better to get your kid into a better school as majority of schools except the private ones costs the same in term of school fee. If you can get your kid into a better one within your mean, you should. Is not a Singapore thing, people all over the world does that. Whether they make it or not is another thing as you know you have tried your best. I bought Infiniti not only because of the school but also because is closer to my husband's workplace and town area. I think the price to get into that school is reasonable unlike some schools in Bukit Timah. [/QUOTE]

Yup, agreed. Staying near to the school will shorten the travelling time for the kids too.
Good luck to all of you in your attempt to get your kids into NanHua.

FYI, I was near Infiniti yesterday & pop-in to check how much units were left. As of yesterday 2pm, only 14 units left!

Unregistered
12-06-07, 09:47
I think Carabelle sold fast because the booking fee plus initial partial payment is much lower, maybe only 5-10% for deferred payment scheme as compared to Infiniti and Botannia (which are 20%). More speculators and people who do not have the means might be attracted to the former.

That is untrue. Carabelle sold faster because of its better location and because of its lower pricing. Also, shape of the estate is more appealing than that of the Infiniti, which is triangular and somewhat awkward.

80 to 90 percent of the buyers chose the regular payment scheme, so the issue you raised about the deferred payment scheme is irrelevant.

Unregistered
12-06-07, 09:55
That is untrue. Carabelle sold faster because of its better location and because of its lower pricing. Also, shape of the estate is more appealing than that of the Infiniti, which is triangular and somewhat awkward.

80 to 90 percent of the buyers chose the regular payment scheme, so the issue you raised about the deferred payment scheme is irrelevant.

just curious, How do you know 80-90% chose the regular scheme? Are you sure the information is accurate?

Unregistered
12-06-07, 10:42
to be precise, 85% of the buyers of Carabelle chose the normal payment scheme, rather than the deferred one. It was in the papers when the issue of whether deferred payment plans encourage speculation was hotly debated. I am sure you can find the article on line. Just google.

We bought Carabelle, and we never even considered the deferred payment scheme. We bought Carabelle in a flash. We visited the show flat in the morning. and we went to sign the contract in the afternoon. I guess we are impulsive buyers, and described by my mother in law as "buying properties like buying Chinese cabbages in the wet market."

Unregistered
12-06-07, 11:43
to be precise, 85% of the buyers of Carabelle chose the normal payment scheme, rather than the deferred one. It was in the papers when the issue of whether deferred payment plans encourage speculation was hotly debated. I am sure you can find the article on line. Just google.

We bought Carabelle, and we never even considered the deferred payment scheme. We bought Carabelle in a flash. We visited the show flat in the morning. and we went to sign the contract in the afternoon. I guess we are impulsive buyers, and described by my mother in law as "buying properties like buying Chinese cabbages in the wet market."

FYI, newspapers are not known for accrucacy for any information published there. Professionals who know this best and take advantage of this for their own gains are politicans and folks in the advertising lines.

Pro-Infiniti
12-06-07, 14:19

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder!
On the contrary to your above statement, I think Infiniti layout is unique. Carabelle layout is very typical of any condo.

ht
12-06-07, 21:23

just wondering what you mean by cheap, bcos it is always relative... mind sharing what psf are your refering to as cheap?

thanks.

ht
12-06-07, 21:38
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder!
On the contrary to your above statement, I think Infiniti layout is unique. Carabelle layout is very typical of any condo.

I agree, I did not see carabelle, but after visiting both Botannia and Infiniti, my wife and I were convinced Infiniti was alot more appealing. but I am sure there will still be those who thinks Botannia is "exquisite", if not why do you think they pay that much more !!

St.
13-06-07, 17:21

We bought Carabelle, and we never even considered the deferred payment scheme. We bought Carabelle in a flash. We visited the show flat in the morning. and we went to sign the contract in the afternoon. I guess we are impulsive buyers, and described by my mother in law as &quot;buying properties like buying Chinese cabbages in the wet market.&quot; If you bought Carabelle 'like buying chinese cabbages', I wonder whether you actually compared the two projects before making your comment above. Did you mean that the ave. psf of Carabelle is cheapter than that of Infiniti? Do you mind to share your figures supporting the comment?

Unregistered
14-06-07, 09:48
Yes, we looked at Botannia first, Carabelle second, and then the Infiniti in one morning. Then, we went home, got the check book, and went back to Carabelle.

But when we arrived, someone else was interested in the same unit that we were interested in, and had already given the IC and check to the developer. So, we were out of luck. The agent suggested another unit, my wife said "not too bad, what do you think?" I said "what the hell, let's take it." So, the whole thing took only 5 minutes. Funny thing is, another couple also wanted the unit, and they already agreed to buy, ahead of us. But they did not bring their IC's. So the developer sorta told them to "step aside." That is why we got it. That is why my mother in law, who was there too, said the "cabbage" thing.

yeah, we bought it in a flash. But we have no buyer's remorse. The more we think about it, the more we like the unit we bought. It is better than the one we were interested in originally. But it is actually better.

We paid less than $600 per square foot. And it is pool facing, and a safe distance from the AYE, and using the Infiniti as a noise shield.

I actually like Botannia better, but it is more expensive than Carabelle. Also, Botannia is next to an empty plot of land, which will be developed soon, I believe.

ht
14-06-07, 18:02
Update:

Infiniti left with 4 units, only the 3+study available now.

Av psf now $650psf.

they just increased another 2% last monday.

Unregistered
14-06-07, 18:11
Infiniti left with 4 units, only the 3+study available now.

WOW!!!! What are the facings left?

ht
14-06-07, 18:20
2 facing Carabelle (02-26, 03-26), 1 pool facing (stack 16, high floor), can't remember the last one...I think it is stack 15, near the entrance.

Pro-Infiniti
14-06-07, 21:10
Looks like it will be sold out this weekend! :)

St.
18-06-07, 15:35
Does anyone have idea about its color code? the sales brothure puts white & brown but the building shown on newspaper ad looks dark red...

Unregistered
18-06-07, 16:34
I bought a ground unit with Patio. I am thinking of having a simple shelter to provide some protection falling objects for my kids when they are playing there. Heard that the management may not approve it. Can you anyone give some advise? This will be my first time staying in a condo.

Thanks.

St.
18-06-07, 21:39
I bought a ground unit with Patio. I am thinking of having a simple shelter to provide some protection falling objects for my kids when they are playing there. Heard that the management may not approve it. Can you anyone give some advise? This will be my first time staying in a condo.

Thanks. If you meant the huge solar umbrella, I think that's fine and quite popular in many condos. But if you're talking about kind of permanent roofing, it is likely explicitly prohibited at the Sales & Purchase Agreement... some rules, regulations and by-laws with regards to the open-air PES / balcony / terrace may be applicable.

Unregistered
18-06-07, 22:23
If you meant the huge solar umbrella, I think that's fine and quite popular in many condos. But if you're talking about kind of permanent roofing, it is likely explicitly prohibited at the Sales & Purchase Agreement... some rules, regulations and by-laws with regards to the open-air PES / balcony / terrace may be applicable.

If I permanently have the solar umbrella opened, isn't it the same as a permanent roofing?
I thought of making a transparent/translucent shelter will look nicer & more blend with the surrounding....
Some agents I asked say that I can try to write in to MC, subject to approval. While others told me not to write in, just build it. As long as there is no complain & too eye sore, MC will not be care. But if you write in, they sure reject as most of them do not want to be held responsible.

I hope I need not need to use the solar umbrella.....

St.
18-06-07, 22:39
Well, I usually see a lot of solar umbrella permanently opened, not many shelters. Good luck.

Unregistered
21-06-07, 17:54
Any ideas if the last 4 units has been sold?

Registered
21-06-07, 19:27
Any ideas if the last 4 units has been sold?

Dunno. Could be 3 now. Still available.

ht
22-06-07, 13:23
I was browsing the ST CATs today, Carabelle was asking for more than $800 psf, and Clementi Woods was asking $720psf. Wow !!

Unregistered
22-06-07, 14:51
Yeah, the guy was selling a 947 sf unit at Carabelle for 818,000. that works out to be $863 psf. he probably paid less than 640 psf. that works out to be a quick profit of 35%.

I wish him luck cuz if he can get that kind of quick profit, it is good for all of us.

steppy
22-06-07, 17:19
Yeah, the guy was selling a 947 sf unit at Carabelle for 818,000. that works out to be $863 psf. he probably paid less than 640 psf. that works out to be a quick profit of 35%.

I wish him luck cuz if he can get that kind of quick profit, it is good for all of us.

It would be good for all of us if this was our second/third property...Otherwise, it would be a bigger housing loan to service each time we buy and sell, if the upgrade continues!

Happy weekend!

ht
22-06-07, 18:21
It would be good for all of us if this was our second/third property...Otherwise, it would be a bigger housing loan to service each time we buy and sell, if the upgrade continues!

Happy weekend!

Since Infiniti is only going to TOP early 2009 or end 2008, I presume most owners here will still be holding on to their existing property (unless you are renting now), making Infiniti their 2nd property. So when the time is right, there is always the decision to sell either one of them. So a healthy upward trending is still a good thing, generally.

While we have gotten Infiniti to stay, rising prices is the assurance that it has been a good investment. :) :)

St.
22-06-07, 19:49
Any ideas if the last 4 units has been sold? Fully sold out now. the showroom is closing next Mon. The weekend is the last chance to view it! Blk 19 is now 6 storey high... http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/4336/22062007148oq7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ht
22-06-07, 21:49
That's great news !! Congrats to all owners here !!

Now we shall wait for Botannia to be sold out. It will certainly auger well for the area if they are sold out too.

St.
23-06-07, 09:11
I'm thinking to remove (or shift) a divider wall between the living room and one bedroom. Do you anyone have such experience or advice whether the developer & contractor accepts such special layout amendment from a purchaser? It will be great if the main contractor can do it at the initial build rather than getting a subcontractor to amend it later after TOP. Is it possible? Thanks.

ht
23-06-07, 09:56
I'm thinking to remove (or shift) a divider wall between the living room and one bedroom. Do you anyone have such experience or advice whether the developer & contractor accepts such special layout amendment from a purchaser? It will be great if the main contractor can do it at the initial build rather than getting a subcontractor to amend it later after TOP. Is it possible? Thanks.

I think it can be done probably only during your renovation stage.
I doubt the developer will entertain specific change like this, as then everybody may start asking for "special" stuff, which will inadvertently impact their completion date.
Well, you can always try asking your agent or the lawyer that act for you.

You might have heard this before, if you intend re-sell it in the future after you have brought the wall down, it may be more challenging.

Unregistered
23-06-07, 11:56

Sure you can but you got to write in to FCL very quickly before the plans for yr unit is finalised. I have done this with the developer before.

ht
23-06-07, 17:06
Went down to the showflat just now. There were still a few families browsing, despite it being fully sold. Of course, there were some of us who have already gotten ours, who just want to have a look at the showflat before it is closed from Mon.

We saw an agent taking down the details of an interest buyer, probably trying thru sub-sale.

Unregistered
23-06-07, 20:25
Went down to the showflat just now. There were still a few families browsing, despite it being fully sold. Of course, there were some of us who have already gotten ours, who just want to have a look at the showflat before it is closed from Mon.

We saw an agent taking down the details of an interest buyer, probably trying thru sub-sale.

Isn't it odd. This project has been the slowest to sell off in the area. I remember not many were interested (esp those units facing AYE). Now people are looking at sub-sale. Times hv surely changed!

St.
23-06-07, 22:59
Sure you can but you got to write in to FCL very quickly before the plans for yr unit is finalised. I have done this with the developer before.
thanks. I will do it asap. whom did you write in to? Was you charged for the alternation?

Pro-Infiniti
25-06-07, 16:11
thanks. I will do it asap. whom did you write in to? Was you charged for the alternation?

I doubt they will entertain your request. If they do, do let us know.
Good luck!

I am hoping that Infiniti can TOP soon....

Unregistered
25-06-07, 16:45

i didn't do it for this development. it was for another project.
they charged me a small sum (think it was $2k+) coz I wanted the flooring of the room to match the hall. i thot it was reasonable then.

i wrote it to the sales mgr of fcl prop.

ht
25-06-07, 22:25
Isn't it odd. This project has been the slowest to sell off in the area. I remember not many were interested (esp those units facing AYE). Now people are looking at sub-sale. Times hv surely changed!

funny, as we even overheard a couple who just came from Botannia, the wife was telling the husband : "this is better, I prefer this, freehold somemore, see told you to come earlier dun want, now no more!"

exactly our thoughts, the difference is that we came and got ourselves one before it was too late...

ht
15-07-07, 17:16
Was driving past the development, and observed that the pool area seems to be elevated above the AYE road level... is it true?

Unregistered
15-07-07, 20:17
Was driving past the development, and observed that the pool area seems to be elevated above the AYE road level... is it true?

Yes, it is true. The whole development is elevated except for the jogging tracks.

Heard that there are already sub-sales in Infiniti, looks like people have found this gem a bit too late to buy from developer! :)

ht
15-07-07, 23:23
Yes, it is true. The whole development is elevated except for the jogging tracks.

Heard that there are already sub-sales in Infiniti, looks like people have found this gem a bit too late to buy from developer! :)

did see some ads in the ST, but not sure if there were any transactions, and their transacted prices.

Looks like some of the other FH West Coast projects, such as Stellar, Foliage, Maylea, etc, were asking above 800psf !!
I think even some Carabelle and Botannia were asking around this price.

Unregistered
16-07-07, 09:25
Hahaha, so funny, you guys all talking up this place and the condos you hope to sell at the price. Get real, westpeak is launching with more than 600units.

Unregistered
16-07-07, 09:30
Get real, we are getting real.

The parc, aka westpeak, is launching $800 psf or more. That would drive up the price of the infiniti and carabelle even higher.

haha, get real yourself.

Unregistered
16-07-07, 09:37
Get real, we are getting real.

The parc, aka westpeak, is launching $800 psf or more. That would drive up the price of the infiniti and carabelle even higher.

haha, get real yourself.

Get real, there will be oversupply problems everywhere in Singapore and West cost area is the worst area for mass condo projects in terms of oversupply, starting in 2010. Do wait for the last min to run for the exit!

Unregistered
16-07-07, 10:39
We are not running for the exit. We bought one to stay in. We like the price we paid, and I worked nearby.

We are not flippers. We are just happy that we got in before all the hell broke loose.

You are probably right, that there will be a price drop. But you might be wrong. In that case, you will probably priced out for the rest of your life and doomed to live in a HDB.

We wish you well.

blackjack21trader
16-07-07, 11:02
We are not running for the exit. We bought one to stay in. We like the price we paid, and I worked nearby.

We are not flippers. We are just happy that we got in before all the hell broke loose.

You are probably right, that there will be a price drop. But you might be wrong. In that case, you will probably priced out for the rest of your life and doomed to live in a HDB.

We wish you well.

dear friend, I could not agree with you more. I am just a humble little trader who got myself thrice enbloced lucky within 10 years. ( from 2000-2006 ). allow me to use my humble little knowledge in global economics and investing to support why I say your reason is the ultimate truth in investing.

1) after every drop in property prices in the economic cycle, the price will never drop to be lower than before the LAST drop. say for illustration:

1984 priced at S$800K
1991 price dropped to S$700K
1992 price up to S$1.2million
1997 price dropped to only S$900K ( note the price will not drop beyond S$900K which is STILL higher than the previous price drop of S$700K)

that is the reason why many are consistently priced out of the property market after every economic cycle. and the same reasons why many owners are still able to hold their private properties during the last downturn up to the current upturn.

same reason why you cannot find a property now with the prices of 1960s,70s or 80s.

2) Many are saying that there is a supply crunch now. I tell you, it will be worse in 3 years' time. If not why is the government preparing the increase in land supply 3-5 years ahead and not now ? why dun they tackle the supply crunch now? Fact is, the supply problem will be even more serious 2-3 years down the road . That is why you see many developments TOP 2-3 years ahead than expected in a rush to counter this demand.come on, dun tell me u are smarter than the scholars in government ?

3) I said MP and Infiniti will be sold out 2 months ago and see what happened now. Now I am telling you Botannia will be sold out in 1 month's time or less. In real estate, there is no capping of demand spikesn as the momentum is simply too great when you coupled with foreign funds.

4) Many asked me why I moved from D9 to D5. The fact is simple- for the same amount of investment in equal dollars in D9, I shall get more than double payoff in initial investments in D5 in the runs up to 2010. I ( or,we are ) am booking a place here like what I did 10 years ago in D9.

to put in like what you mentioned in your post , all hell is yet to break loose ! dun forget, the infrastructure staffs, support staffs and the staffs of the IRs are yet to arrive here and we are already concern about the existing foreigner buyers here now...

JMHO.

Unregistered
16-07-07, 11:51

We wish you well.

If you bought to stay, you are fine.
The advice given by others to warn others not to speculate could be given with good intention, not necessarily because those individuals ddo not have a place to stay and have priced out of markets. Many I know who own more than one properties really do not appreciate the frenzy that was stir-up by speculators and developers. Be it stock or property markets, serious long term investors know, when the market in frenzy, it is time to get out.

Unregistered
16-07-07, 12:22
good intention is welcome. But some chatters say nasty things just because they are angry about missing out the gain. It is human psychology. It is these people that are hopeful that prices will drop and they will pounce when that happens. These people on the sideline will ensure that the price may drop, but not plunge.

St.
16-07-07, 13:43
I own an unit here but I too dislike the flippers and the frenzy speculative activities most recently this year, which I think is just disturbance to the market. Subsale hits historical high of >13% in last quarter. In D5, some 20% OneNorthRes units are currently being advertised for subsale at a *single* web. HDB resale rose nearly 3% quarterly and the 695K record-high transacted price for a 30-yr old unit was widely spread on media. The developer gets mad too -- FEO priced the remaining GardenVista units in D21 and LakeShore units in D22 above the subsale offering price, or more than double its own prices just half a yr ago. All these frenzy call for some government intervention sooner.
I think most of us here buying for own stay or long term investment. We're certainly more than happy to see a steady & sustainable growth. But the speculative activities by foreign funds or greedy locals are just unhealthy and eventually may damage the market or even the economy.

Unregistered
16-07-07, 17:23
I own an unit here but I too dislike the flippers and the frenzy speculative activities most recently this year, which I think is just disturbance to the market. Subsale hits historical high of >13% in last quarter. In D5, some 20% OneNorthRes units are currently being advertised for subsale at a *single* web. HDB resale rose nearly 3% quarterly and the 695K record-high transacted price for a 30-yr old unit was widely spread on media. The developer gets mad too -- FEO priced the remaining GardenVista units in D21 and LakeShore units in D22 above the subsale offering price, or more than double its own prices just half a yr ago. All these frenzy call for some government intervention sooner.
I think most of us here buying for own stay or long term investment. We're certainly more than happy to see a steady & sustainable growth. But the speculative activities by foreign funds or greedy locals are just unhealthy and eventually may damage the market or even the economy.

I share your view.

What Singapore want is to attract investors with long term view and contribute to the steady growth of the economy, not short term hedge fund and speculative activity.

Unregistered
13-03-08, 14:21
Wow, 60 pages of posts gone.

I was there a couple of days ago.

Most of the blocks are already at least 9 storeys tall, 39A which is the block my unit is in has windows up to the 6th floor. :)

Hopefully it'll TOP by end of this year...

ht
17-03-08, 22:42
Wow, 60 pages of posts gone.

I was there a couple of days ago.

Most of the blocks are already at least 9 storeys tall, 39A which is the block my unit is in has windows up to the 6th floor. :)

Hopefully it'll TOP by end of this year...

I also thought it could sometime ago, but the momentum seems too have slowed, evident from how the neigbouring developments have caught up.
I would think it will take at least till mar 09. That's just my take...

Unregistered
20-03-08, 11:45
I also thought it could sometime ago, but the momentum seems too have slowed, evident from how the neigbouring developments have caught up.
I would think it will take at least till mar 09. That's just my take...
What's the hurry?

ht
21-03-08, 00:20
What's the hurry?

your question a bit wierd leh.....
bcoz.... I like the place, and can't wait to move in ??

Unregistered
22-03-08, 11:24
Yup, same here, I'm just looking forward to moving in.

Amazingly, this thread has been quite quiet since the forums recovered. Unlike the Botannia, Carabelle and VP threads....

Unregistered
25-03-08, 12:30
your question a bit wierd leh.....
bcoz.... I like the place, and can't wait to move in ??
Relac lah. Your time will come.

Unregistered
26-03-08, 23:05
The website's been updated!

http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/FCH_homebuyer_construction.html

Unregistered
26-03-08, 23:44
pretty cool! nice of fraser centrepoint to have such progress reports on their developments. you ppl can really look forward/count down to TOP!!!

if only Sim Lian has something like that too.....

Unregistered
27-03-08, 06:05
pretty cool! nice of fraser centrepoint to have such progress reports on their developments. you ppl can really look forward/count down to TOP!!!

Please wait, sim lian turn is coming

Unregistered
27-03-08, 09:32
Please wait, sim lian turn is coming

Oh that will be great! Is it a new requirement for this builders to progress reports for their developments?

Pardon me, but you seemed very confident/informed that Sim Lian will have their web update soon.....

Unregistered
27-03-08, 23:45

Actually, I think they did it for the overseas investors of the other more "atas" projects that they have. The different milestones look like it's related to the progressive payment scheme, so it's maybe to convince any investors that they are not being cheated of their money? :P

I'm not complaining. I'll wait for the next update in Q3. Hopefully more of those status messages will become "Completed" by then.

Unregistered
04-04-08, 16:44
Actually, I think they did it for the overseas investors of the other more "atas" projects that they have. The different milestones look like it's related to the progressive payment scheme, so it's maybe to convince any investors that they are not being cheated of their money? :P

I'm not complaining. I'll wait for the next update in Q3. Hopefully more of those status messages will become "Completed" by then.

Hi everyone,

For your reference, I'm in the construction line. From the way I see, ID works seems started 3 months ago. According to to the stage of works, the ID works should take another 8 months or so, then follow by QM checks by the appointed assessor, hence this part the contractor will take another 2-3 months for preparation works. Then the contractor will probably be doing the hand over job in March. I dont think end of dec 2008m will be ready. Actually if Infiniti can TOP by March 2008 is considered very fast due to the sand forbid last year and the price of steel went up by nearly 100%. So we will look forward togther and wish that Infiniti can TOP by March next year.

dopcombo
04-04-08, 23:16
Wow, thank you so much for your insights, this is the sort of thing I really appreciate this forum for.

Perhaps they are multitasking rather than doing it one after the other? :P

But I shall now look forward to Mar 09 then.

ht
05-04-08, 22:12
hi fellow infiniti owners,

anybody can remember what was the estimated maintenance fee quoted for 3 BR? thanks in advance.

Unregistered
06-04-08, 08:28
hi fellow infiniti owners,

anybody can remember what was the estimated maintenance fee quoted for 3 BR? thanks in advance.

Did you guys realise the AYE is terribly jam every morning?? What I am trying to say is that with more cars travelling along AYE, would'nt you guys be worried about pollution caused by the exhaults??? I mean infiniti is so close to AYE that I can literally see all the windows while driving along AYE.

dopcombo
06-04-08, 11:33
Did you guys realise the AYE is terribly jam every morning?? What I am trying to say is that with more cars travelling along AYE, would'nt you guys be worried about pollution caused by the exhaults??? I mean infiniti is so close to AYE that I can literally see all the windows while driving along AYE.

To each his own, we like what we bought. :)
Besides, I think when the jam happens, I'll already be on the roads. Haha.

Anyway, I'm not so concerned with the pollution. This is SIngapore, car exhaust is everywhere. Bukit timah road, orchard rd, these places all have idling cars which produce harmful exhaust too (someone said higher conc of carbon monoxide?). Consider the dirty air of shanghai, HK, etc, and I think this is acceptable.

Consider the condos along east coast park, they are not as near to the expressway, and the traffic there is not heavy industry, so you may think, oh it's much better. But consider the traffic jams going home every night on the ECP, and I tell you the blood pressure increase alone will make sure I never move in there.

ht
06-04-08, 15:21

Thanks for your concern bro, but, buying a condo is not like shopping for a shirt, rest assured that people who bought a unit here, have taken this into consideration, together with the quality of the project, investment potential, proximity to nan hua, and many other factors etc, etc,.

The developer is also not stupid, they knew of the shortcomings of it being next to the AYE, and hence put extra efforts in its design to ensure that the project sells, including noise abatement measures, angle of the blocks, etc.

All in all, most who have bought believe that for the price that was paid, the project is good value for money. I guess that's good enough, if it's not good enough for you, then move on to another project lor, dun sweat la !!

blackjack21trader
06-04-08, 21:35
Thanks for your concern bro, but, buying a condo is not like shopping for a shirt, rest assured that people who bought a unit here, have taken this into consideration, together with the quality of the project, investment potential, proximity to nan hua, and many other factors etc, etc,.

The developer is also not stupid, they knew of the shortcomings of it being next to the AYE, and hence put extra efforts in its design to ensure that the project sells, including noise abatement measures, angle of the blocks, etc.

All in all, most who have bought believe that for the price that was paid, the project is good value for money. I guess that's good enough, if it's not good enough for you, then move on to another project lor, dun sweat la !!

well said ! clap clap :)

Unregistered
07-04-08, 08:35
well said ! clap clap :)

Well, you guys just don't like to take constructive criticism. Its the same as the adverts on the tennis coach telling the father of the fat boy that he plays well even though he can't play at all. You guys just want to hear good things even though I am stating the real facts. Anyway, you guys are already vested and good luck to all. But remember, every condo has got good and bad points and I find the bad points more in this instances.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 09:24
Well, you guys just don't like to take constructive criticism. Its the same as the adverts on the tennis coach telling the father of the fat boy that he plays well even though he can't play at all. You guys just want to hear good things even though I am stating the real facts. Anyway, you guys are already vested and good luck to all. But remember, every condo has got good and bad points and I find the bad points more in this instances.
You OK or not? Are you telling owners of Meyer Road condos to vacate their condos just because they are near to ECP? Relax lah. They are within safety guidelines.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 12:07
You OK or not? Are you telling owners of Meyer Road condos to vacate their condos just because they are near to ECP? Relax lah. They are within safety guidelines.

You are bluffing yourself. Can you deny the fact that it is noisy and dusty near major highways???? I am not saying its not within safety guidelines. Don't twist and turn my constructive criticism. You guys just want to hear good things and cannot accept others. Can you deny every project has got good and bad points??? Or r u telling me yrs only have good points??? Just answer me this question.

Unregistered
07-04-08, 13:44

Thanks for the concern, but like we said, we already took these things into consideration when we bought it. Unless you think we're blind, we too can tell that the project is near the expressway.

There are bad things you can say abotu every condo. List the one that you think is the absolute perfect one, and watch me rebutt you.

A market is only a market because some people think the property/stock/market is overpriced, while others think its underpriced.
:)

Unregistered
07-04-08, 21:23

If my memory serves me right, it should be $260. :)

Unregistered
07-04-08, 21:25
If my memory serves me right, it should be $260. :)

I am so sorry. Quoted the wrong post. The above was in reply to the post regarding the maintenance fees for a 3 bedroom unit.

ht
07-04-08, 21:35
You are bluffing yourself. Can you deny the fact that it is noisy and dusty near major highways???? I am not saying its not within safety guidelines. Don't twist and turn my constructive criticism. You guys just want to hear good things and cannot accept others. Can you deny every project has got good and bad points??? Or r u telling me yrs only have good points??? Just answer me this question.

Calm down my friend, you are right, every condo will have its pros and cons, those which are "perfect", the pricing will also commensurate with it.

When you are too pointed in focussing on just the cons, there is no doubt that some owners will come out to defend it, what do you expect?

Just like if your just paid 130K on an IS250, and somebody come along and say "eh! your car look like shrek from the front leh, very ugly, what were you thinking??" how would you feel??
dun be misunderstood, I would love to own the IS250, it's just some people seem to zoom into the CONs and forgot about other great things about the car is.....

Just an example, pls dun come tell me that infiniti is no lexus, I know :) :)

ht
07-04-08, 22:02
I am so sorry. Quoted the wrong post. The above was in reply to the post regarding the maintenance fees for a 3 bedroom unit.

no prob, I think it's probably in that region too, thanks :) :)

Unregistered
08-04-08, 10:31
Calm down my friend, you are right, every condo will have its pros and cons, those which are "perfect", the pricing will also commensurate with it.

When you are too pointed in focussing on just the cons, there is no doubt that some owners will come out to defend it, what do you expect?

Just like if your just paid 130K on an IS250, and somebody come along and say "eh! your car look like shrek from the front leh, very ugly, what were you thinking??" how would you feel??
dun be misunderstood, I would love to own the IS250, it's just some people seem to zoom into the CONs and forgot about other great things about the car is.....

Just an example, pls dun come tell me that infiniti is no lexus, I know :) :)

Yes, u could be right with yr debate. I am not saying Infiniti is no lexus, I am saying the lexus is made in thailand, ie. not made in Japan. Should infiniti be located further aways from the highway, I've no qualms about the location. You should know the most important factor when purchasing a property is LOCATION. I am sorry but still cannot say Infiniti is well located. Its just too near AYE. And for you guys who are not aware, AYE is jam packed every morning and evening. The vast amount of smoke and dust generated will probably piss alot of Infiniti owners. This is the fact.

Unregistered
08-04-08, 10:33

For a moment, I thought the prices have drop to so low.

Unregistered
08-04-08, 10:54
Yes, u could be right with yr debate. I am not saying Infiniti is no lexus, I am saying the lexus is made in thailand, ie. not made in Japan. Should infiniti be located further aways from the highway, I've no qualms about the location. You should know the most important factor when purchasing a property is LOCATION. I am sorry but still cannot say Infiniti is well located. Its just too near AYE. And for you guys who are not aware, AYE is jam packed every morning and evening. The vast amount of smoke and dust generated will probably piss alot of Infiniti owners. This is the fact.

I am not an infiniti owner. But to be fair, I have say that AYE is not jam packed in the stretch of AYE that the infiniti is located next to. It is a sleepy stretch as it is far from CBD. The jam you are referring to occurs further east.

Unregistered
08-04-08, 11:00
I am not an infiniti owner. But to be fair, I have say that AYE is not jam packed in the stretch of AYE that the infiniti is located next to. It is a sleepy stretch as it is far from CBD. The jam you are referring to occurs further east.

While it may not be exactly sleeply at rush hours, it is certainly not jam packed. Health wise, it is not entirely healthy to be so close, but it is not going to give you lung cancer either. don't be a fear monger.

Unregistered
08-04-08, 12:40

To each his own. I think people should also be informed that opposite Infiniti , on the other side of AYE there are rows of landed houses just next to highway & closer than Infiniti to the highway because the set-back requirements is not as stringent as a 12 storey building. For your information the set-back is 35 metres for 12 storey building & only 12 metres for landed.

My point is that those people living closer than Infiniti to the highway have not suffered any severe health hazards for many years otherwise everyone would have known already.

Also there are many residential buildings that are located next to highways & major roads. The condos facing the sea & next to ECP are examples. Yet nobody seems to care that they are living next to a major highway & are happily forking out in excess of $1500 psf for some of them. Are they all stupid or maybe they are aware that the air quality is not at hazardous levels & within the health authority guidelines.

Unregistered
08-04-08, 13:16
To each his own. I think people should also be informed that opposite Infiniti , on the other side of AYE there are rows of landed houses just next to highway & closer than Infiniti to the highway because the set-back requirements is not as stringent as a 12 storey building. For your information the set-back is 35 metres for 12 storey building & only 12 metres for landed.

My point is that those people living closer than Infiniti to the highway have not suffered any severe health hazards for many years otherwise everyone would have known already.

Also there are many residential buildings that are located next to highways & major roads. The condos facing the sea & next to ECP are examples. Yet nobody seems to care that they are living next to a major highway & are happily forking out in excess of $1500 psf for some of them. Are they all stupid or maybe they are aware that the air quality is not at hazardous levels & within the health authority guidelines.

Your argument above is rather vague. You have acknowledged that Infiniti is situated next to a major highway, ie AYE and if you can get data from LTA, you will probably be very worried cos the traffic volume along AYE have increased substantially. This will be a major issue to the folks staying at Infiniti cos there will be major pollution and noise issues.

Unregistered
08-04-08, 13:41
Your argument above is rather vague. You have acknowledged that Infiniti is situated next to a major highway, ie AYE and if you can get data from LTA, you will probably be very worried cos the traffic volume along AYE have increased substantially. This will be a major issue to the folks staying at Infiniti cos there will be major pollution and noise issues.

Areas at and around Orchard road also get heavy traffic and how come folks are willing to pay 4000psf for it? Pollution in Singapore is very tame in no matter where you live if you compare the situation in majpr cities such as Hong Kong, New York, London or Tokyo.

Unregistered
09-04-08, 13:24
Areas at and around Orchard road also get heavy traffic and how come folks are willing to pay 4000psf for it? Pollution in Singapore is very tame in no matter where you live if you compare the situation in majpr cities such as Hong Kong, New York, London or Tokyo.

You don't get it, Orchard traffic got alot of ferrari, BMWs, Porche, Lambogini, - expensive cars less pollution mah. Just like rich man fart, smell also good mah. AYE got alot of pickups, prime movers, big lorries - of course smoke coming out from them are polluted mah.

dopcombo
09-04-08, 18:39
Dear previous poster,

You seem to delight in pointing out that we have bought an apartment, that is , in your opinion, a bad one, primarily due to the traffic and pollution.
We have raised a few counter arguments, and also acknowledged your points, yet you persist in making the same point. I'm assuming this is the same person.

We are not saying you are wrong, but you seem to keep on wanting to "win". You also seem reluctant to accept that we do agree with you to a certain extent, but we have gone on to buy the apartment because we also see the good in the place, e.g. near to Pei Hua, good psf for freehold, potential for west coast, etc.

So fine, you "win". Can we talk about something else now?

Especially, with the new JE developments, I am quite excited to hear what analysts and experts have to say about how this will affect our property. I can't help but think the property will be positively affected. Perhaps with the new Clementi Hub, and the JE developments, the west might really be where the new "hub" is. Comments, anyone?

blackjack21trader
09-04-08, 18:47
Dear previous poster,

You seem to delight in pointing out that we have bought an apartment, that is , in your opinion, a bad one, primarily due to the traffic and pollution.
We have raised a few counter arguments, and also acknowledged your points, yet you persist in making the same point. I'm assuming this is the same person.

We are not saying you are wrong, but you seem to keep on wanting to "win". You also seem reluctant to accept that we do agree with you to a certain extent, but we have gone on to buy the apartment because we also see the good in the place, e.g. near to Pei Hua, good psf for freehold, potential for west coast, etc.

Especially, with the new JE developments, I am quite excited to hear what analysts and experts have to say about how this will affect our property. I can't help but think the property will be positively affected. Perhaps with the new Clementi Hub, and the JE developments, the west might really be where the new "hub" is. Comments, anyone?

I have to say the poster you mentioned is not discerning enough.

Unregistered
09-04-08, 22:43
I have to say the poster you mentioned is not discerning enough.

am i right to say that this condo belt, carabelle, botania, infinity, mp and others around the region is sitting in between 2 future business districts, the alexander road one and the JE one?

blackjack21trader
09-04-08, 23:00
am i right to say that this condo belt, carabelle, botania, infinity, mp and others around the region is sitting in between 2 future business districts, the alexander road one and the JE one?

Yes, you are correct.

Unregistered
09-04-08, 23:08
Yes, you are correct.

I am no property guru but that already sounds pretty exciting to me.....

Unregistered
10-04-08, 07:38
Originally Posted by Unregistered

Yes . Direct line to JE is 3.5kms , to One North is 4 kms & to Alexander is 6.5kms. Also there's a direct bus to Clementi Mrt station , 4 bus-stops away . So the hubs are a short ride away by Mrt.

Unregistered
10-04-08, 14:26
Dear previous poster,

Bro, property market is on the downhill, you should know where yr prices gonna head!!! High end condos are coming right now and will filter down to mass market in 3-6 months time. For those who buy on DP, run before its too late. Prices will correct back to 500psf levels. Even the "HUB" is next to yr property will not save you from the downfall.

Unregistered
10-04-08, 14:46
Bro, property market is on the downhill, you should know where yr prices gonna head!!! High end condos are coming right now and will filter down to mass market in 3-6 months time. For those who buy on DP, run before its too late. Prices will correct back to 500psf levels. Even the "HUB" is next to yr property will not save you from the downfall.
Sorry! My mistake!
High-end condos prices went up 4.4% in Q1 2008 - not coming down.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/CNAlogo.gif
HDB And Private Property Prices Up In Q1 Flash Estimate
Channel NewsAsia
Tuesday, 1 April 2008, 1345 hrs

Private residential property prices in Singapore rose 4.2% in the first quarter this year, according to the latest preliminary estimates from the Urban Redevelopment Authority.

The pace was slower than the 6.8% clip recorded in the fourth quarter of last year.

On a quarter-on-quarter basis, the biggest rise in property prices for non-landed properties came from outside central region - up 4.8% in the January-March quarter compared with the October-December period.

Properties in the prime districts of 9, 10 and 11, as well as the downtown area and Sentosa, rose 4.4% on quarter.

Prices in the rest of the central region increased 3.9% in the first quarter from the previous three months.

The preliminary estimates were based on transaction prices given in caveats lodged during the first 10 weeks of the quarter, as well as the number of new units sold.

Meantime, the Housing and Development Board (HDB) said prices of HDB resale flats rose 3.4% in the January to March period over the previous three months. This was lower than the 5.7% increase in the fourth quarter.

Both the URA and HDB will release final figures at the end of April.

The URA said that as at 4th Quarter 2007, there are about 64,900 private residential units in the pipeline, of which about 56,100 new private housing units are expected to be completed between 2008 and 2011.

There are also some 38,300 units that have yet to be put on sale by developers.

As for the supply of government flats, the HDB said it had made available in the first quarter of this year some 1,100 new flats in two Build-To-Order (BTO) projects in Punggol and Yishun.

It said that depending on demand, there could be another 5,000 new BTO flats in towns such as Punggol, Sengkang, Woodlands and Bukit Panjang.

The total planned BTO supply of 6,100 new flats for January till September 2008 will surpass the annual BTO flat supply in 2007 and 2006.

This new supply of flats will be in addition to those offered under Balloting Exercises for surplus replacement SERS and other flats, as well as the planned release of three Design-and-Build sites in Simei, Toa Payoh and Bedok with some 1,500 flats in the first half of 2008.

Unregistered
10-04-08, 22:03

What's DP?

ht
10-04-08, 22:57
What's DP?

Deferred Payment, Bro.

My personal take is that even if there is a short-term correction due to poor sentiments, west coats projects, especially FH, will still be able to realise its true potential in the long run.
So, if you can hold, even if 500psf is to happen, it's temporary, and the true value of the the projects will return if you can afford to wait.
For example, think 10years from now, 2018, with all the planned developments maturing, you think a condo in the west coast areas will be worth 500psf only, I dun think so.
I am ready for the long haul, so let's just wait and see lor :spliff: :spliff:

Unregistered
11-04-08, 13:22
Deferred Payment, Bro.

My personal take is that even if there is a short-term correction due to poor sentiments, west coats projects, especially FH, will still be able to realise its true potential in the long run.
So, if you can hold, even if 500psf is to happen, it's temporary, and the true value of the the projects will return if you can afford to wait.
For example, think 10years from now, 2018, with all the planned developments maturing, you think a condo in the west coast areas will be worth 500psf only, I dun think so.
I am ready for the long haul, so let's just wait and see lor :spliff: :spliff:

Wa, u so selfish, only say FH can tahan the onslaught. U think those 99 years will drop like no tomorrow meh. I tell you 10 years down the road, probably Infiniti will be tear down due to highway diversion or highway extension. FH does'nt mean is forever. It can happen someday.

ht
11-04-08, 13:49
Wa, u so selfish, only say FH can tahan the onslaught. U think those 99 years will drop like no tomorrow meh. I tell you 10 years down the road, probably Infiniti will be tear down due to highway diversion or highway extension. FH does'nt mean is forever. It can happen someday.

Wow, hope you are not from SLA. Happy happy tear down condo!!

I did not say LH cannot tahan, I just say FH can tahan well.

Dun be so simple-minded la, why do you think in general FH is preferred over LH, if not for the fact that it can hold value better, everything else being the same.

If you dun like FH, then go buy LH lor, nobody will stop you one. :)

Unregistered
11-04-08, 13:53

I am sure the owners will be happy to sell it to the government for highway expansions. the government pays top dollars.

Unregistered
11-04-08, 14:11

Dun be so simple-minded la, why do you think in general FH is preferred over LH, if not for the fact that it can hold value better, everything else being the same.

Ht, you go and die loh, your cock location only idiots like you will buy. After buy scared cannot sell, so come here and hype up your cock condo. Nobody will be con by you loh.

Unregistered
11-04-08, 15:12

aiyo HT, you misunderstood me lah. Of course FH is always preferred ma, who don't want to have FH over LH. But what I am trying to tell you when come to the crunch, they don't care whether its FH or LH.

Unregistered
11-04-08, 15:17
I am sure the owners will be happy to sell it to the government for highway expansions. the government pays top dollars.

Hello bro, u forgot the Paya Lebar fiesco ah!!!!

Unregistered
11-04-08, 15:37
bottomline is that infiniti is shit.

Unregistered
11-04-08, 16:56
bottomline is that infiniti is shit.
but better than cheap shemale like you, which let people jerk shit on you

jt88
11-04-08, 17:52
why everyone say this project is too near to the expressway?? many conds along ECP also near what. this is NOT the nearest, in my opinion.

Unregistered
11-04-08, 18:29
why everyone say this project is too near to the expressway?? many conds along ECP also near what. this is NOT the nearest, in my opinion.
Like those Meyer Road condos along ECP?

ht
11-04-08, 21:09
Ht, you go and die loh, your cock location only idiots like you will buy. After buy scared cannot sell, so come here and hype up your cock condo. Nobody will be con by you loh.

I think it's pretty clear to the readers here who is the idiot here and who is the one who is scared....

It's ok, I am not offended, you have a good weekend, ok?

jsh
13-04-08, 07:58
I think it's pretty clear to the readers here who is the idiot here and who is the one who is scared....

It's ok, I am not offended, you have a good weekend, ok?

ht, I think the days of you having to take all the shit from vulgar postings are over as I believe the moderators have changed the rules.

We are now required to log in to post on this forum. Anyone who breaches the rules can now be easily identified. If you remember in the past there had been some irresponsible & slanderous comments regarding some politicians . Hope all this will stop.

ht
13-04-08, 15:08
ht, I think the days of you having to take all the shit from vulgar postings are over as I believe the moderators have changed the rules.

We are now required to log in to post on this forum. Anyone who breaches the rules can now be easily identified. If you remember in the past there had been some irresponsible & slanderous comments regarding some politicians . Hope all this will stop.

That's great news, I thought this should have been implemented long time ago, to preserve the dignity and constructiveness of the forum. :)

dopcombo
22-04-08, 18:21
Any updates?

I went to see the project the other day but couldn't find the big white board that lists the construction details, architect, etc. Was hoping to see the expected end of construction listed there. Anyone got lobang? :)

angelizm
27-04-08, 01:06
Any updates?

I went to see the project the other day but couldn't find the big white board that lists the construction details, architect, etc. Was hoping to see the expected end of construction listed there. Anyone got lobang? :)

lol u interested? can try asking... :D

LOW BANG
28-04-08, 14:59
Infiniti construction is doing quite well. No worries mate.

ht
29-04-08, 17:21
Infiniti construction is doing quite well. No worries mate.

Doing quite well = TOP in Mar 09 ??

Business Times Weekend
10-05-08, 18:23
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/images/topMasthead_smallw.gif
YOG village will be completed by Feb 2010
It will be 4-5 months ahead of schedule because of 'green lane' status
Lee U-Wen
The Business Times Weekend
Saturday, 10 May 08

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2008-05-10/BT_IMAGES_UWYOG9.jpg

The Youth Olympics Games (YOG) village will be ready by February 2010 - four to five months ahead of schedule, thanks to the government giving the project 'green lane' status.

This means that there will be plenty of time for fitting out and testing, well ahead of the Games opening ceremony on Aug 14, 2010.

Various government agencies have agreed to work together and give greater priority and resources to the project at the new 19 ha University Town campus of the National University of Singapore (NUS).

The agencies will speed up approval processes, anticipate problems, resolve issues with consultants and contractors, among other things.

The Building and Construction Authority (BCA), Urban Redevelopment Authority, National Environment Agency, NParks and the Land Transport Authority have been roped in so far.

NUS deputy president for administration Joseph Mullinix, who chairs the University Town development committee, said that the government's decision to step in has helped eliminate many barriers.

'The biggest one is time,' he said. 'This project is very large. You are talking about 25-storey buildings on a very compact site, and in a very short timeframe. This is a time of heavy construction activity in Singapore, so we needed to be sure we could attract the best contractors.'

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) docked several points off Singapore's score when it bid for the YOG last year, citing concerns over the island's ability to complete the Games village on time.

But doubts were cast aside when Singapore's YOG committee reassured the IOC in December last year that there would be no hiccups with construction or red tape.

Poh Yu Khing, director of the Sports Hub project, said: 'The IOC looks at construction of major projects around the world all the time. When they saw our University Village project and the time line, naturally they had question marks. But we explained how our construction industry stands out - it is much more certain and is always able to deliver on time.'

He cited factors such as Singapore's weather, which allows construction to be carried out most of the year, extended work hours and expanded foreign quotas the government can grant for strategic projects.

BCA, the coordinating agency for University Town, is playing the role of 'goalkeeper' to ensure that the technical needs of all the other agencies are complied with.

Hardly any changes were made to the original design of the University Town after it was confirmed that it would be the site of the YOG village.

The only significant addition, said Mr Mullinix, is a dining hall that will be set up to accommodate all 3,500 athletes and the officials during meal times. This is a temporary structure that will be taken down when the Games are over, he said.

Piling work has already begun at University Town, after a ground-breaking ceremony in February.

The campus, going up on land that was the Warren Golf Course, will cost between $500 million and $600 million to build. After YOG is over, the campus will be used by NUS students who will live, learn and socialise under the same roof as their professors.

A two-level bridge across the Ayer Rajah Expressway - the upper for cars and lower for pedestrians - will link the town to the main NUS campus at Kent Ridge.

Pink4
12-05-08, 00:37
" After YOG is over, the campus will be used by NUS students who will live, learn and socialise under the same roof as their professors."

Less take up of rental units of nearby properties. They are talking about 25-storey buildings which would yield a few thousand apartment units.

Unreg¡stered
12-05-08, 10:08
" After YOG is over, the campus will be used by NUS students who will live, learn and socialise under the same roof as their professors."

Less take up of rental units of nearby properties. They are talking about 25-storey buildings which would yield a few thousand apartment units.
These units will replace the current units in the hostels and the NUS apartments along Clementi Road.

Pink4Fùck
15-05-08, 13:13
These units will replace the current units in the hostels and the NUS apartments along Clementi Road.
Pink4, that fùcker, obviously dunno what is called awareness and publicity.

westcoast
05-06-08, 11:46
Just drove past Inifiniti and saw the test paint job in the last block. Saw some palm trees too. :)Looks like the project is coming along.

ass
09-06-08, 15:04
I agreed, the developer marketing plot is lost!
Infiniti is so near to Nan Hua Primary School (< 1km) which is a very good primary school and yet it was not even mentioned on their brochure or advertisement. Instead, they mentioned Nan Hua Secondary for what?!!!

If the marketing is done properly and with a better interior finishing & unique layout than Carabelle, it's sales should be better.
BTW, how many units are left?
complain still ask how many units

passerby
09-06-08, 15:09
Maybe i shall start the ball rolling. Bought a 2-bedroom unit for $607 psf, facing the main gate. Any new neighbours care to share theirs?
importantly is buying the correct facing. I still remember the ones thats facing the pool ( AYE highway) the price is like 50k more for a 2 bedder. Luckily I choose a unit which is facing the private house, the main gate, as view is also not bad. And importantly is i paid $ 50k less compared to units which are facing the pool side

andykim1980
09-06-08, 15:40
Hi first of all, I would like to let everyone knows that, carabell by simlian. Infiniti = Great Earth , Botannia by Hyundai. I have seen all the construction planning and set out. I think hyundai set out and planning has done great. Anh so the other two. I would like to bring up a point is that, we owners form Inifiniti ( Infintians) should not urgue on those stupid remarks which made by Stupiders.

we should look at things like the construction planning of the projects and also the surrounding advancement in Jurong east ( govrt plan to become the next Business hub - which includes not only, many superstructures for both commercial & Offices and also residentials and international schools). The coming up of the IRs in sentosa, which will spill over to Pasir Panjang and also to west coast road. Hence, this spill over will then be the important key drive to the west coast road condos. Can you imagine in the next few years, the ready of the IR @ Sentosa and also the new terminal @ Pasir Panjang Terminal 3 reclaimation 3 & 4. Can you image when these 2 new spots of places are ready, how many expatiors and professionals will be working in these areas? And all these professionals will be lokoking probably for condos esp near to west coast. Logically speaking, thats why btw 2006 -2010 there are approx. 4- 5 projects ( >300 units ) building @ west coast are right? The developers have already looked into these main indicators before they set foot @ west coast. They forsee the demand in these area. And i could daringly tell you that that will be more projects coming up near west coast area ( eg, the available site beside the blue horizon is now on sale).

Hence, we infinitians should look things in this manner, rather to argue with people in noisy or poor finishing. As I am in the construction line, I could tell you that good usage of the finishing materials does not mean better. Is the method of how you install the finishing material is important, and also you must see whos the main contractor. Hyundai I have got nothing to say, great earth A1 contractor a subsidiary of the United Engineer also have nothing to say. Simlian I doubt, they are a group who likes to design and build.(Basically, i have no trust in this contractor) but anyway simlian has also improved alot in recent years. Also about Infiniti along AYE, noise? thats for sure inevitable. When you buy something, you have already account for during the buying. SO how you prevent it, choose a unit which dont face the AYE. Thats how you avoid noise.

Ok anyway, just a update to you Infinitians out there, we got to be more UP CLASS and FYI, the construction stage will is fast, TOP may be 3 to 5 months early. Most probably before chinese new year. HAHA, Cheers.

andykim1980
09-06-08, 15:49
Anyway, I would like to correct the worng thought, distance from Infiniti to CBD area is approx: 10KM rather near compared to people who live in the mid and far eatern area which is approx: 15km or 20 km

andykim1980
09-06-08, 16:03
You don't get it, Orchard traffic got alot of ferrari, BMWs, Porche, Lambogini, - expensive cars less pollution mah. Just like rich man fart, smell also good mah. AYE got alot of pickups, prime movers, big lorries - of course smoke coming out from them are polluted mah.
The reason being that pollution will not be that critical is that trees are grew and planted along the highway. The trees help alot in minimizing all the pollution. And also, the most harzardously pollution indicator is not traffic. In singapore, many private houses are built along the highway, and from the ENV report, there isn't any health reports mentioned along the highway.

Hey I just felt something with your discussion, I find that rather to keep on spatting all the negative points in Infiniti, why dont you do something which is more constructive, read more newspapers, newsweek, or other online useful material to increase your knowledge or on other aspects of your life. And can you look things in broader manner, i find that your views are too microscopic which leads you to keep on seeing noise, health problems la..along highway. Thanks.

dopcombo
09-06-08, 22:20
Thanks for the post andykim, let's keep our fingers crossed! I am still hoping Infiniti can be TOP before Xmas this year. :)

Actually, I bought a unit facing the expressway, partly because we liked the corner unit near the longkang, so my wife and I are just hoping we'll be able to handle the noise. After all, we currently live next to Clementi Rd, and I can tell you that the horning along a slow moving road is worse.

Hi first of all, I would like to let everyone knows that, carabell by simlian. Infiniti = Great Earth , Botannia by Hyundai. I have seen all the construction planning and set out. I think hyundai set out and planning has done great. Anh so the other two. I would like to bring up a point is that, we owners form Inifiniti ( Infintians) should not urgue on those stupid remarks which made by Stupiders.

we should look at things like the construction planning of the projects and also the surrounding advancement in Jurong east ( govrt plan to become the next Business hub - which includes not only, many superstructures for both commercial & Offices and also residentials and international schools). The coming up of the IRs in sentosa, which will spill over to Pasir Panjang and also to west coast road. Hence, this spill over will then be the important key drive to the west coast road condos. Can you imagine in the next few years, the ready of the IR @ Sentosa and also the new terminal @ Pasir Panjang Terminal 3 reclaimation 3 & 4. Can you image when these 2 new spots of places are ready, how many expatiors and professionals will be working in these areas? And all these professionals will be lokoking probably for condos esp near to west coast. Logically speaking, thats why btw 2006 -2010 there are approx. 4- 5 projects ( >300 units ) building @ west coast are right? The developers have already looked into these main indicators before they set foot @ west coast. They forsee the demand in these area. And i could daringly tell you that that will be more projects coming up near west coast area ( eg, the available site beside the blue horizon is now on sale).

Hence, we infinitians should look things in this manner, rather to argue with people in noisy or poor finishing. As I am in the construction line, I could tell you that good usage of the finishing materials does not mean better. Is the method of how you install the finishing material is important, and also you must see whos the main contractor. Hyundai I have got nothing to say, great earth A1 contractor a subsidiary of the United Engineer also have nothing to say. Simlian I doubt, they are a group who likes to design and build.(Basically, i have no trust in this contractor) but anyway simlian has also improved alot in recent years. Also about Infiniti along AYE, noise? thats for sure inevitable. When you buy something, you have already account for during the buying. SO how you prevent it, choose a unit which dont face the AYE. Thats how you avoid noise.

Ok anyway, just a update to you Infinitians out there, we got to be more UP CLASS and FYI, the construction stage will is fast, TOP may be 3 to 5 months early. Most probably before chinese new year. HAHA, Cheers.

ht
09-06-08, 22:29
I got a 3 bedder at block 39G, facing the E'way too.

After a slide in the momentum in the construction, things are picking up again, I observed.

Can't wait, hopefully, by Mar 09.

andykim
09-06-08, 23:47
complain still ask how many units
315 units all sold. Unless you want to buy from sub-sale, which is now going at $730psf-$780

westcoast
10-06-08, 14:25
I hope "ht" is right that TOP will be in March 09. I can see some paint job tests in the swimming pool area. Things seemed to have picked up fast in the past 2 weeks. Some palm trees are also planted....:)

I am not too bothered about expected noise (I bought a AYE facing unit at 39D). I stayed in a Beijing Condo for 4 years directly facing the Chang An avenue. It is about 15 metres away from the main road. And Chang An avenue is constantly jammed packed...With double-glass windows, I could hardly hear a thing on the 7th floor...So, I think Inifiniti should be all right.

I don't think I can wish the car noise away. But I do wish that I would get good neighbours....:)

andykim1980
11-06-08, 15:51
I hope "ht" is right that TOP will be in March 09. I can see some paint job tests in the swimming pool area. Things seemed to have picked up fast in the past 2 weeks. Some palm trees are also planted....:)

I am not too bothered about expected noise (I bought a AYE facing unit at 39D). I stayed in a Beijing Condo for 4 years directly facing the Chang An avenue. It is about 15 metres away from the main road. And Chang An avenue is constantly jammed packed...With double-glass windows, I could hardly hear a thing on the 7th floor...So, I think Inifiniti should be all right.

I don't think I can wish the car noise away. But I do wish that I would get good neighbours....:)

My unit is also at 39D, 7th storey...

westcoast
12-06-08, 11:26
Hey, great ! I'm on the 9th floor...

Market plunging like hell this week....ST reported that housing prices have dropped too...Year of the Rat proving to be challenging year !:scared-2:

Jam
14-06-08, 17:12
Hey, i am also 39D, 3rd floor!

calebkoh
19-06-08, 03:14
Hi, I have an unit at The Infiniti for sale.

The Infiniti
Bedroom: 3
Floor area: 1270sqft
Price: $950k neg
Details: Freehold, High floor

Regards,

Caleb Koh
PropNex
[email protected]

ht
25-06-08, 22:54
Almost all the infiniti ads in last sat's ST classifieds states TOP as end 08, wonder what is their basis in stating that ?

Leung
25-06-08, 23:04
You should have holding onto your LH unit instead of buying this one.
This is another example of chasing FH instead of location is not a wise thing to do when it coms down to property investment.

Almost all the infiniti ads in last sat's ST classifieds states TOP as end 08, wonder what is their basis in stating that ?

ht
25-06-08, 23:11
not sure what you talking about, I am looking forward to moving in, that's why I am keen to find out more about the TOP, in fact, I will be registering for Nan Hua Pri, so no plans to sell.

blackjack21trader
25-06-08, 23:38
You should have holding onto your LH unit instead of buying this one.
This is another example of chasing FH instead of location is not a wise thing to do when it coms down to property investment.

Huh ? hahahahah... Are you aware West Coast Condos are in for a big Charlie's Boom time ? Do you know I have tenants already signed up for my units here even before the projects are completed?

blackjack21trader
26-06-08, 10:47
Okay Okay, after receiving so many pms ( some sarcastic ones too )regarding why I bought 4 units here in West Coast. So as not to be selfish , I shall share with all here today. My humble reasons are as follow :

1) There is an supply and demand imbalance for private housing here.
2) There are many middle and high ranking managers of huge MNCs here looking for a decent condo housing in West Coast/ Jurong since 2002.
3) An agent of mine showed me last year that on the average, a private condo unit is vacant here only for a week with a rental return of 5%!
4) Coupled with the in progress research companies developments and billions foreign energy investment here , I think the imbalance would only get worse in the next 2-5 years.
5) Because of this lack of private condo supply here, the potential tenants here are now looking for subsitute areas like Upper Bukit Timah and Pasir Panjang instead.

Mid and mass tier MOVING UP AND UP. WEST COAST MOVING UP AND UP !

Just my humble take. A 2 cents worth only . LOL

andykim1980
26-06-08, 22:21
Okay Okay, after receiving so many pms ( some sarcastic ones too )regarding why I bought 4 units here in West Coast. So as not to be selfish , I shall share with all here today. My humble reasons are as follow :

2) There are many middle and high ranking managers of huge MNCs here looking for a decent condo housing in West Coast/ Jurong since 2002.
3) An agent of mine showed me last year that on the average, a private condo unit is vacant here only for a week with a rental return of 5%!
4) Coupled with the in progress research companies developments and billions foreign energy investment here , I think the imbalance would only get worse in the next 2-5 years.
5) Because of this lack of private condo supply here, the potential tenants here are now looking for subsitute areas like Upper Bukit Timah and Pasir Panjang instead.

Hi I am fully agree to your views, if not developers will not dare to develop so many projects over @ west coast area, the projects are actually targeted to the foreigners expatriots rather the local singaporeans.

blackjack21trader
27-06-08, 20:12
A 1.8 kg can of baby milk powder is NOW S$41.30 ! DO NOT sell your unit for less than S$1000psf or you will regret later...

The Infiniti

Regards,

Caleb Koh
PropNex
[email protected]

Westcoast properties
28-06-08, 11:18
If I were you, just dump this piece of property at all cost before prices collapsed in this belt of re-develop condos.

If you don't believe, go to URA site and check-out the transacted price for LAkeshore, How can location at lakeshore doing so much better than westcoast?

The Infiniti

Regards,

Caleb Koh
PropNex
[email protected]

kal
28-06-08, 11:35
If I were you, just dump this piece of property at all cost before prices collapsed in this belt of re-develop condos.

If you don't believe, go to URA site and check-out the transacted price for LAkeshore, How can location at lakeshore doing so much better than westcoast?

he is agent.. how to dump? just follow seller instruction...

whotookunregistered?
30-06-08, 11:09
looking good, here's hoping for xmas.

True view
30-06-08, 17:20
The signs of weakness are showing in areas where TOP dates are nearer.

Actually at $748 psf is still consider high. Look at the recent transactions, there barely reach $700 psf...

02-07-08, 15:44
Sonia Kolesnikov-Jessop

After two years of exuberance, activity in the private housing market in Singapore has slowed to a near standstill. The number of new property sales, measured on a monthly basis, contracted 64.9 percent in April, as buyers became more cautious and took a wait-and-see attitude. As a result, several well-publicized launches have been put on the backburner for an indefinite period and some developers have started to drop asking prices, for example at The Lakeshore in Jurong West and Blu Coral in Telok Kurau.

An air of doom and gloom has settled over Singapore’s residential property market and vultures are circling, proclaiming the Singapore residential property market is about to collapse by 30-40 percent, but are they interpreting the facts correctly? Not all experts agree, with some calling the current market downturn more of a short-term blip rather than the beginning of a market collapse.

“The slowing of the property market is a natural development after prices skyrocketed on the back of very strong demand,” says Sherman Chan, an economist at Moody’s Economy.com, “but a 30-40 percent collapse is highly unlikely. The construction sector is an important growth driver for Singapore and I don’t think the government would let it collapse as there would be wider ramifications. Let’s not forget that the government imposed some measures last year to cool down the market and these measures could very well be lifted if need be.”

In recent weeks, several bearish reports have forecast a dramatic plunge in home values over the next two years. Barclays Capital believes private home prices could slide 28-30 percent by 2010, while Credit Suisse predicted a price decline of 30 percent in 2008-2009.

The bears are pointing to several factors suggesting the writing is on the wall. The stock of unsold condominiums (as measured by projects that have been issued a sales license) rose to 10,861 units in the first quarter of this year, 34 percent higher than the quarterly average in 2007 and back up to levels not seen since June 2005. Net CPF withdrawals for private property have turned negative for the first time, reflecting the decline in transaction as well as profit taking by local buyers who own more than one property. “This has never happened before, not even during the 1998 Asian Financial Crisis,” notes Barclay Capital economist Waiho Leong. And vacancy rates in non-landed property developments have also risen in recent months toward 6.3 percent, compared with 5.6 percent in the last quarter of 2007. Credit Suisse, in its recent report, argues that this will rise further to 9.8-19 percent, on a base and worst case scenario. This could in turn trigger a sharp fall in rentals further weakening the market. “The last time vacancies shot up from 5.8 percent to 9.7 percent, rentals fell by 41percent,” Credit Suisse Tricia Song wrote referring to the year 1996.

Casting long shadows on the markets are the estimated 66,000 home units expected to be completed between 2009-2012, as well as the possible unwinding of speculative purchases. Unless many of the developments that are currently in the pipeline are postponed, a cumulative surplus could provide a glut that will be felt most acutely in 2010, Leong warned.

The bears also argue that given the current thin sales environment, the small price growth recorded by the URA indices do not reflect sentiment and can easily be biased by a few high-end sales. A better gauge of sentiment is land prices and developers’ waning appetite for recent URA auctions, they say. In May, a 99-year residential leasehold site in Choa Chu Kang Drive attracted a top bid of only $203 per square foot per plot ratio, well below the $230-$270 psf ppr range the market had expected.

But not everybody agrees. “I think bad interpretation of data is causing the string of bad news,” says Ku Swee Yong, Director, Savills Residential Private Limited.

Ku points out that the supply figures touted by some analysts bundle together planned, under construction and complete unit numbers. “The reality is that any apartments expected to complete in 2010 but still not under construction today, is unlikely to be completed on time given that the average construction period for a 20 storey apartment block takes 24 months from foundation works till handover” Ku remarks.

“The construction sector is tight on resources today and unless there are policy changes given to encourage faster pace of construction, the ‘oversupply scenario’ is not a realistic one,” he adds.

Tay Huey Ying, Director for Research and Consultancy at Colliers, agrees, pointing out that although the supply pipeline appears a “bit on the high side,” once delays and abandonment of project developments are taken into account, “the new supply will be much lower than expected.”

Leonard Tay, director, CBRE Research also points out that many of the units will be taken out by either en-bloc sellers who need to relocate, or new expatriates moving here. “There is a lack of activity in the market, but property prices have been holding. I believe there are still a lot of buyers in the market with ready cash; they’re just waiting for what’s next,” Tay says, forecasting that the luxury end of the market may “dip just a bit” this year, but prices should hold for now.

As for the units bought under the deferred payment scheme that some say will be “dumped” in the market as the construction is completed, Ku says their number is probably limited to around 2,900, 10 percent of the 29,000 units that URA has given approval for sale under Deferment Payment Scheme. “Not that much to worry about,” he says.

Many property consultants are pointing to the long-term prospects for the Singapore property market supported by the positive vibe stemming from the Integrated Resorts and events such as the F1 race and the 2010 Youth Olympics.

“I think the Singapore property market is still pretty strong. We could see a mild correction, but I don’t see that as a concern because the government is still trying to attract expatriates to work here and they will contribute to demand for properties,” Chan says.

Tay also points out that given the anticipated continuing influx of foreigners, the 15-year historical average number of 7,000 new units needed a year is likely to increase to 8,000 to even 10,000 units.

“So I don’t foresee an oversupply situation as yet. I don’t think the sky is about to fall in,” she says.

Unreg¡stered
03-07-08, 00:35
Sonia Kolesnikov-Jessop

“I think bad interpretation of data is causing the string of bad news,” says Ku Swee Yong, Director, Savills Residential Private Limited.

Ku points out that the supply figures touted by some analysts bundle together planned, under construction and complete unit numbers. “The reality is that any apartments expected to complete in 2010 but still not under construction today, is unlikely to be completed on time given that the average construction period for a 20 storey apartment block takes 24 months from foundation works till handover” Ku remarks.

“The construction sector is tight on resources today and unless there are policy changes given to encourage faster pace of construction, the ‘oversupply scenario’ is not a realistic one,” he adds.

Tay Huey Ying, Director for Research and Consultancy at Colliers, agrees, pointing out that although the supply pipeline appears a “bit on the high side,” once delays and abandonment of project developments are taken into account, “the new supply will be much lower than expected.”

Leonard Tay, director, CBRE Research also points out that many of the units will be taken out by either en-bloc sellers who need to relocate, or new expatriates moving here. “There is a lack of activity in the market, but property prices have been holding. I believe there are still a lot of buyers in the market with ready cash; they’re just waiting for what’s next,” Tay says, forecasting that the luxury end of the market may “dip just a bit” this year, but prices should hold for now.

As for the units bought under the deferred payment scheme that some say will be “dumped” in the market as the construction is completed, Ku says their number is probably limited to around 2,900, 10% of the 29,000 units that URA has given approval for sale under Deferment Payment Scheme. “Not that much to worry about,” he says.

Many property consultants are pointing to the long-term prospects for the Singapore property market supported by the positive vibe stemming from the Integrated Resorts and events such as the F1 race and the 2010 Youth Olympics.

“I think the Singapore property market is still pretty strong. We could see a mild correction, but I don’t see that as a concern because the government is still trying to attract expatriates to work here and they will contribute to demand for properties,” Chan says.

Tay also points out that given the anticipated continuing influx of foreigners, the 15-year historical average number of 7,000 new units needed a year is likely to increase to 8,000 to even 10,000 units.

“So I don’t foresee an oversupply situation as yet. I don’t think the sky is about to fall in,” she says.
Is there a need to post this piece of news everywhere?

Jam
07-07-08, 00:00
Hi everyone,

For your reference, I'm in the construction line. From the way I see, ID works seems started 3 months ago. According to to the stage of works, the ID works should take another 8 months or so, then follow by QM checks by the appointed assessor, hence this part the contractor will take another 2-3 months for preparation works. Then the contractor will probably be doing the hand over job in March. I dont think end of dec 2008m will be ready. Actually if Infiniti can TOP by March 2008 is considered very fast due to the sand forbid last year and the price of steel went up by nearly 100%. So we will look forward togther and wish that Infiniti can TOP by March next year.

Halo! Have you been around the development lately? Whats your take on the progress?

Unreg¡stered
08-07-08, 10:58

Gte ready to cheong ah!

Unregistered1
15-07-08, 17:56
yes I think so price will be dropping...from URA caveats the transactions are slow and even if there are transactions they are below 700psf for Carabelle, Infiniti...

blackjack21trader
15-07-08, 18:08
yes I think so price will be dropping...from URA caveats the transactions are slow and even if there are transactions they are below 700psf for Carabelle, Infiniti...

Sorry to disappoint you, the price in July just went up:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/infiniti.jpg

Unreg¡stered
16-07-08, 10:29

Sorry to disappoint you, the price in July just went up:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/infiniti.jpg
Went up? Good what!

ht
21-07-08, 17:45
anybody can confirm that infiniti is within 1km of Nan Hua.
27 places left for Phase 2C :scared-3: :scared-3:

Unreg¡stered
21-07-08, 18:15
anybody can confirm that infiniti is within 1km of Nan Hua.
27 places left for Phase 2C :scared-3: :scared-3:
Wah liao! Confirmed lah!

ht
21-07-08, 18:53
Thanks bro,

I am pretty sure myself, but just want to hear something official about it.
Anything >1km cannot "smell" liao....

Unregistered8
21-07-08, 22:40
Thanks bro,

I am pretty sure myself, but just want to hear something official about it.
Anything >1km cannot "smell" liao....

hehehe.....it's not my turn to worry about it pri school yet. my kid is only 1.5 yo. Been hearing from friends who were damn kan cheong abt 2A, 2B, 2C....never understand wat they are talking about also. anyways, let me sit back and relax meanwhile.

and yes. botannia, carabelle and infiniti are all within 1km from nan hua.....

West Coast
22-07-08, 10:30
Latest!!

psf at 774 from www.nationproperty.sg

Molly
25-07-08, 15:29
Latest!!

psf at 774 from www.nationproperty.sg

Okay lah, FH pty mah, not expensive.........

you are so wrong
26-07-08, 23:25
ya right! one unit done at july and you take that as statistics?
I will not even consider that an outlier.
You are never too objective in yr observations.

KSS
27-07-08, 20:36
guys wats the psf now.....is it true its bounced back?

nam-daM
04-08-08, 22:04
Wait for caveat. 1300+ sqft unit sold at 850k last week.

Real Estate Pundit
04-08-08, 22:52
Wait for caveat. 1300+ sqft unit sold at 850k last week.

#08-06__1259sqft__$707psf__$890,000__15Jul08
#11-10__915sqft___$631psf__$577,800__14Jul08
#11-03__904sqft___$774psf__$700.000__03Jul08
#07-21__1270sqft__$735psf__$933,450__02Jul08
#12-03__904sqft___$774psf__$700,000__20Jun08
#08-01__1259sqft__$691psf__$870,000__10Jun08

Unregistereda
05-08-08, 22:02
curious from where you get this data from? I mean with the unit no.
thanks

Unregistered ASS
05-08-08, 22:56
#11-10__915sqft___$631psf__$577,800__14Jul08
Wah option unit isit ??? where can get this price now in spore, somemore free
hold.. If i know i will offer another 50 k for that unit.. **** LA

Andykim1980
05-08-08, 23:59
Wah option unit isit ??? where can get this price now in spore, somemore free
hold.. If i know i will offer another 50 k for that unit.. **** LA
Project Name
Street Name
Type
Price
($)
Land/
Floor Area (Sqft)
Unit Price ($psf)
Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signed

THE INFINITI WEST COAST PARK Condominium 890,000 1,259 707 Jul-08
THE INFINITI WEST COAST PARK Condominium 700,000 904 774 Jul-08
THE INFINITI WEST COAST PARK Condominium 933,450 1,270 735 Jul-08
THE INFINITI WEST COAST PARK Condominium 700,000 904 774 Jun-08
THE INFINITI WEST COAST PARK Condominium 888,000 1,270 699 Jun-08
THE INFINITI WEST COAST PARK Condominium 886,080 1,249 710 May-08
THE INFINITI WEST COAST PARK Condominium 870,000 1,259 691 May-08
THE INFINITI WEST COAST PARK Condominium 680,000 926 735 May-08
THE INFINITI WEST COAST PARK Condominium 688,000 915 752 May-08
THE INFINITI WEST COAST PARK Condominium 680,000 915 743 May-08
THE INFINITI WEST COAST PARK Condominium 860,000 1,238 695 Mar-08
THE INFINITI WEST COAST PARK Condominium 1,000,000 1,346 743 Jan-08
THE INFINITI WEST COAST PARK Condominium 690,000 915 754 Jan-08
THE INFINITI WEST COAST PARK Condominium 1,100,000 1,561 705 Dec-07
THE INFINITI WEST COAST PARK Condominium 1,000,000 1,346 743 Nov-07
THE INFINITI WEST COAST PARK Condominium 650,000 904 719 Oct-07
THE INFINITI WEST COAST PARK Condominium 848,000 1,238 685 Sep-07

Hi all Infinitians, I 've actually made a call to the URA to check out the true data & according to their lodge cavet .. there isnt any transaction record showed that the subsale for 915 sf has transacted @ $631psf. URA will contact Nation property to rectify this wrong information which they had posted up @ their website www.nationproperty. Hope all Infinitians stay calm & cool, DO NOT be bothered about the recent turmoils about the property market news. Shares market may retreat by at least another 200- 300 points within this year. However, I believe that the property market will still be able to hold, unless foreign investment start to divert out of singapore, which I think is quite unlikey.

Anyway, all Infinitians let us just wait patiently for the collection of our keys to our NEW DREAM HOMES ....CHEERS

blackjack21trader
06-08-08, 08:47
Cheers! Thanks to Andy too for the hardwork :)

Real Estate Pundit
06-08-08, 10:27
Hi Andy,

Thank you for correcting the status of #11-10. I should have re-checked the caveat when the $psf was so far different. Again, please accept my apologies for the anxiety caused with $631psf.

This caveat reflects the caveat of the seller that bought from the developer. If only i had searched farther back to 02 May 08, then i will see the caveat to reflect the sub-sale at $743psf for #11-10.

Unregistered1
08-08-08, 16:58
yes one transaction in jul cannot make any strong statement...i think now no sincere buyer want to buy above 700psf and seller also still holding hopes that market will improve..so sales are real slow.

Unregistered1
08-08-08, 16:59
sell above 1000psf? *snort* if now there is one buyer willing to buy at 800pfs you faster grab it man!

Real Estate Pundit
09-08-08, 06:57
Below are the caveats lodged for sub-sale in june/july:

Beware
09-08-08, 15:49
Beware of agents telling you all the bad news as they prefer you to sell rather than rent. Understand some are even in cahoots with the buyers although they may have collect yr 1 to 2% commission.
Think we need some sort of control here to prevent agents from double hatting.

West Coast
11-08-08, 11:45
What nation property is doing?
Now even got 563 psf for Infiniti??

look4place2live
15-08-08, 13:11
Hi All

First time looking at condo (yes, I m a HDB upgrader)........ need a place near kids' current school.

Need some advice from forumers here, wats the chance of the PSF going down cos I can wait till near TOP (Jun 2009 - if I m not wrong). Saw last Sat and today ad papers that the PSF is abt 690 for 4/3 bedder.....

Anyway looking for Monterey Park but at 800+ PSF, could not get a unit (looking for 4 bedder - big family) I like....

Thanks in advance!!

L4P2L

ert
15-08-08, 17:22
Hi All

First time looking at condo (yes, I m a HDB upgrader)........ need a place near kids' current school.

Need some advice from forumers here, wats the chance of the PSF going down cos I can wait till near TOP (Jun 2009 - if I m not wrong). Saw last Sat and today ad papers that the PSF is abt 690 for 4/3 bedder.....

Anyway looking for Monterey Park but at 800+ PSF, could not get a unit (looking for 4 bedder - big family) I like....

Thanks in advance!!

L4P2L

keep looking.. if u find a unit that you feel is destined to be your home, and you can afford it, just buy lor. Of course market is softening so there is no rush , just take your time. however, take note the psf varies not just on market condition, but also on the condition of the unit, whehter it is a choice unit , etc. For eg, u see a great unit (unblock view, great view, hi floor, hi ceiling, good layout, good facing etc) at 750psf.. ok. so u say wait, then it's sold to someone else. finally u wait until next year, really prices have tumbled, and u find another unit at 600psf.. but it is not a choice unit.. low floor, badly kept, blocked view, facing no good etc). sometimes not only the absolute psf or price is important, it's a feeling when u buy. hope this helps.

Unregistered_001
19-08-08, 02:32
keep looking.. if u find a unit that you feel is destined to be your home, and you can afford it, just buy lor. Of course market is softening so there is no rush , just take your time. however, take note the psf varies not just on market condition, but also on the condition of the unit, whehter it is a choice unit , etc. For eg, u see a great unit (unblock view, great view, hi floor, hi ceiling, good layout, good facing etc) at 750psf.. ok. so u say wait, then it's sold to someone else. finally u wait until next year, really prices have tumbled, and u find another unit at 600psf.. but it is not a choice unit.. low floor, badly kept, blocked view, facing no good etc). sometimes not only the absolute psf or price is important, it's a feeling when u buy. hope this helps.

As an ex property hunter I must say this advice is really true and wise. Thumbs up!

goondus
19-08-08, 08:30
Next year will be 400psf, those who buy at 750psf are stupid idiots.

desmond song
26-08-08, 12:50
Next year will be 400psf, those who buy at 750psf are stupid idiots.
If you've got knowledge, I think all sporean are idioits. Then you should go run for President election. I think u better do some homework, before you even gave this kinda of cmments.

750 psf for west coast is definitely not expensive, considering the fact that developers have got plans to develop this area up and also with the government plan to change the image of jurong east which will definitely gives a big booster for west coast area. Hence, pls study into all these true facts before you made any judgement.

dopcombo
26-08-08, 13:09
We emailed the developer and they told us that without prejudicing the stated TOP date, the most likely date for TOP will be Q4 this year subject to construction.

So, if u take away the legal and operational caveats, most likely we'll get the keys soon :)

I popped by yesterday to take a look at the site. The wardrobes in the rooms are already done up, and most of the construction looks done. Even the guard house has been built!

Really looking forward to moving in now. :)

look4place2live
26-08-08, 15:42
Alrite!!

Will be waiting for flippers to sell soon......

Looking for a place there!

L4P2L

Unregistered The infiniti
26-08-08, 16:33
Hi all,

I'm interested to get a unit for investment.

Anybody has got any idea on how much is the likely rental of a 3RM unit (1270sq) be?

For investment purposes, you think it's better to get a 2RM unit or a 3RM unit?

Thanks in advance. :)

family type
26-08-08, 16:54
Hi all,

I'm interested to get a unit for investment.

Anybody has got any idea on how much is the likely rental of a 3RM unit (1270sq) be?

For investment purposes, you think it's better to get a 2RM unit or a 3RM unit?

Thanks in advance. :)

This is a family-oriented place. So I suppose 3 bedroom will be more marketable. Can't imagine any trendy young couple wanting to live here.

ht
26-08-08, 21:30
We emailed the developer and they told us that without prejudicing the stated TOP date, the most likely date for TOP will be Q4 this year subject to construction.

So, if u take away the legal and operational caveats, most likely we'll get the keys soon :)

I popped by yesterday to take a look at the site. The wardrobes in the rooms are already done up, and most of the construction looks done. Even the guard house has been built!

Really looking forward to moving in now. :)

really ? that's excellent news !!

looking forward to it :cheers6: :cheers6:

ssv
01-09-08, 20:16
hi
looking for a 3bdrm unit in the infiniti. Any seller please email to [email protected]
thanks

look4place2live
09-09-08, 10:45
Hi All

Wats a good price (psf) to transact for a 3+1/4 bedder......

Me now seriously looking at Infiniti and Monterey Park!! Notice some in the papers on Fri and Sat quoting 648 to 740......

Me with budget of around 850-900K (lesser better cos got to take loan), me - hdb upgrader buying for settlement not investment.

Any more updates for TOP, any successful flippers out there care 2 share?

Thks!

L4P2L

dcool
12-09-08, 11:37
Does anyone know how many car park are available for the residents and visitors for the infiniti? A few of my frds new condos seem to have insufficient parking lots to even cater to their own residents.

I have purchased a unit at prelaunch, and it occur to me to check on the number of parking lots at that time until lately my frds complaint to me abt not having enough parking lots in his condo.