PDA

View Full Version : Orchard Road Is World's Top Shopping Street

Jonathan0503
10-01-12, 13:01
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_753483.html

How will this affect the property prices in Orchard?

I remember reading an article saying that price of Singapore top end properties cannot be compared with top cities like New York London, Tokyo, Hong Kong etc since we don't have something distinct that is top/world class.

So will this change the perception?

iwantgizmos
10-01-12, 14:33
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_753483.html

How will this affect the property prices in Orchard?

I remember reading an article saying that price of Singapore top end properties cannot be compared with top cities like New York London, Tokyo, Hong Kong etc since we don't have something distinct that is top/world class.

So will this change the perception?
This statement should be corrected....
It should be ....

"Orchard Road is also World's Frequently Flooded Shopping Street"

CCR
10-01-12, 14:35
I always feel that our prime luxury segment is under priced... for SGD 2k+ psf you can get a fairly new condo right in the heart of Orchard road.... that is only HKD 15k psf, 1250 pounds psf and USD1923 psf...

The gap between a sengkang condo and Orchard road condo is only double, I think that is too narrow..

The only reason that might explain this phenomenon is due to good planning in SIN, most areas in SIN are pleasant to live in hence the narrow price gap...

But I still feel that the gap should widen in the coming years...

maisonjai
10-01-12, 14:58
All the foreigners keeping shopping at Orchard but forgot to shop for a ppty there.

CCR
10-01-12, 15:01
All the foreigners keeping shopping at Orchard but forgot to shop for a ppty there.

haha funny.... they funny thing with properties is such that when prices surge people cheong to buy, but when on sale people dont buy....

reverse of the Great Singapore Sale lol........

teddybear
10-01-12, 15:13
Always like that one lah. You see, OCR prices got cheong so much, then more people cheong happy to buy!
CCR cannot move, so nobody interested! :o

Wait wait wait for CCR turn! Don't sell too early as no matter how I calculate I also can't see how Bedok Residences can sell $1350 psf and Orchard only <$2400 psf! (not even double!) :p

haha funny.... they funny thing with properties is such that when prices surge people cheong to buy, but when on sale people dont buy....

reverse of the Great Singapore Sale lol........

hopeful
10-01-12, 15:21

Wait wait wait for CCR turn! Don't sell too early as no matter how I calculate I also can't see how Bedok Residences can sell $1350 psf and Orchard only <$2400 psf! (not even double!) :p

can see your calculations on how you price Bedok Residences and Orchard?
If shy, PM me.

mcmlxxvi
10-01-12, 16:40
This statement should be corrected....
It should be ....

"Orchard Road is also World's Frequently Flooded Shopping Street"

Ha u beat me to it...

Rezo
11-01-12, 04:02
Is time to invest Orchard properties!!!

CCR
13-01-12, 23:48
It will come back..... sure prices in Orchard road will come back... and only those that have bullets will make money coz quantum is bigger..