PDA

View Full Version : good news to hear during cny

Eastboy
23-01-12, 16:35
i know while most of us are bearish and cautious, CNY is a time to listen to GOOD stuff.

anyway, for those who think property will drop 50%, well, I still think it is possible, provided a major crisis e.g. SARs/terrorism comes along (CHOY CHOY CHOY 大吉大利!)

"Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said the economy is likely to be slower this year, but it is not going to be as bad as the recession during 2008 and 2009."

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1178485/1/.html

Arcachon
23-01-12, 16:42
i know while most of us are bearish and cautious, CNY is a time to listen to GOOD stuff.

anyway, for those who think property will drop 50%, well, I still think it is possible, provided a major crisis e.g. SARs/terrorism comes along (CHOY CHOY CHOY 大吉大利!)

"Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said the economy is likely to be slower this year, but it is not going to be as bad as the recession during 2008 and 2009."

The Real good news is on WED by Bernanke.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wOfk_9WUyJ0/TZaZW3F-A9I/AAAAAAAAABY/flBQcXru9aw/s400/huat+ah.jpg

Bernanke giving Ang Pow again, this coming Wed 25/01/2012, Huat Ah.

http://globalresearch.ca/coverStoryPictures/17346.jpg

Fed Begins an Effort to Remove All Doubt on What It’s Doing

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/23/business/fed-set-to-introduce-communications-policies-this-week.html?ref=business

WASHINGTON — The Federal Reserve, which does not like to surprise financial markets, has worked unusually hard to prepare the public for the changes to its communications policies that it plans to introduce on Wednesday.

Ben Bernanke, the Federal Reserve chairman, is focusing on improving Fed communications with the economy out of crisis mode.
While the changes could make it easier for the Fed to move ahead with another round of asset purchases later this year, by helping to explain why the economy needs additional stimulus, officials have indicated that any such plans remain on the back burner, and may stay there so long as the economy continues to recover.

Indeed, the Fed is able to focus on communication in part because it is no longer devoting all of its energies to crisis management. These are improvements that the Fed’s chairman, Ben S. Bernanke, has waited five years to make, reflecting his vision for how the Fed should operate in periods of calm, too.

The centerpiece of the new policies is a plan to publish the predictions of senior Fed officials about the level at which they intend to set short-term interest rates over the next three years — including when they expect to end their three-year-old commitment to keep rates near zero. The Fed also will describe the expectations of those officials for the management of the central bank’s vast investment portfolio.

The first forecast will be published after a two-day meeting, starting on Tuesday, of the Federal Open Market Committee, which sets policy for the central bank. The committee also is considering the publication of a statement describing the Fed’s goals for the pace of inflation and level of unemployment, which it has never formalized.

“Our moves toward greater openness in recent years have made our policies more effective and helped the public understand the Fed’s actions better,” John C. Williams, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, said in a recent speech.

Any bolder steps, he said, “will depend on how economic conditions develop.”

This is not the first time the Fed has tried to get past crisis management. And after several false starts in which it overestimated the strength of the recovery, officials have been careful to insist that they still stand ready to do more if necessary.

The economy, after all, is merely muddling along. While economists calculate that fourth-quarter growth was relatively strong, most forecasters expect a much slower pace of growth in the new year. The Fed’s own forecast, which will be updated Wednesday, anticipates growth of up to 2.9 percent. Most other guesses are lower.

Unemployment also remains a deep and prevalent affliction. Almost 24 million Americans could not find full-time work in December; the unemployment rate has ticked downward in part because many people have stopped looking for work.

Senior Fed officials have also sought to focus attention in recent months on the depressed condition of the housing market, arguing that other parts of the government can and should do more to help homeowners and revive sales. Some Fed officials have advocated that the Fed buy large quantities of mortgage-backed securities, which could further reduce interest rates on mortgage loans.

But several Fed officials have said in recent speeches that they are hesitant to support new efforts to improve growth, because they think monetary policy has exhausted most of its power, and because they are worried about inflation.

“Steady even if unspectacular growth accompanied by inflation in the neighborhood of 2 percent justifies some reluctance to change, in either direction, the F.O.M.C.’s accommodative policy,” Dennis P. Lockhart, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, said in a speech this month.

Mr. Lockhart added a standard caveat for Fed officials, that the persistence of high unemployment required the Fed to keep thinking about doing more.

“Now is not a time to lock into a rigid position,” he said.

But Fed officials have made clear that high unemployment is an insufficient cause for additional action, at least as long as inflation remains near 2 percent.

Sandra Pianalto, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, said in a recent speech that the economy would not create enough jobs to return unemployment to normal levels for “perhaps even four or five years.”

“Sooner, of course, would be better for everyone,” she said. “But I want to be on a path toward full employment that
doesn’t create an inflation problem down the road.”

The communications changes that the Fed plans to announce Wednesday mark the furthest advance in a 20-year-old campaign to increase the transparency of its decision-making as a means to increase the impact of its policies. As recently as the early 1990s, the Fed still did not regularly announce the decisions reached at its policy meetings. Now it plans to start publishing predictions about the outcomes of future meetings to guide investor expectations.

The Fed disclosed its plans this month when it released a description of the committee’s most recent meeting, in December. On Friday it followed up by releasing the templates that will be used to publish the predictions.

The predictions themselves could have a mild effect on markets. The Fed said this summer that it would maintain short-term rates near zero through middle of 2013, at least. Mr. Bernanke has since underscored the words “at least,” and analysts expect the forecast will show that most members of the committee intend to hold rates near zero into 2014.

Pushing back that timetable will tend to reduce interest rates, but the impact is likely to be minor, as asset prices already reflect an expectation that rates will not rise before 2014.

“In policy terms, this is a historic change,” Paul Ashworth, chief North American economist at Capital Economics, wrote in a note to clients. “In practical terms, however, the change isn’t going to have any major impact.”

A version of this article appeared in print on January 23, 2012, on page B3 of the New York edition with the headline: Fed Begins an Effort to Remove All Doubt on What It’s Doing.

TMATT
23-01-12, 22:53
I will hope they said the another way - got crises ,and big crises coming.

2008, even got top ppl predict our GDP will be negative 10%!!!!
but it turn out well after that.

when everyone fear, it time to relax, as they will stand by many thing and don't let crises become real.

when everyone think the same, likely it not going to happend.

if this yr, everyone think won't be as worst as 1998 or 2008, then we got to start to get a bit worry ....

Arcachon
23-01-12, 23:26

when everyone fear, it time to relax, as they will stand by many thing and don't let crises become real.

if this yr, everyone think won't be as worst as 1998 or 2008, then we got to start to get a bit worry ....

If only life is that simple.

Arcachon
23-01-12, 23:27

He know what is he saying, remember after he came back from G20. 10% ABSD.

ysyap
24-01-12, 05:24
The whole CM5 is simply barking up the wrong tree... projects are still selling like hotcakes... Hillier, Watertown... Next on the plate is Bartley Residence? :beats-me-man:

Laguna
24-01-12, 07:43
FEO agent called last nite, asking me NOT to go to Watertown showflat as it was too crowded.
Quite a good number sold

KCT
24-01-12, 08:17
The whole CM5 is simply barking up the wrong tree... projects are still selling like hotcakes... Hillier, Watertown... Next on the plate is Bartley Residence? :beats-me-man:

The way i see it , the more CMs....the more expensive it's become and the more difficult to buy ,
First few months after CM, still the best time to buy...esp for first timer
As long no major crisis,
After months when people feel numb from the shock of CM, the price will creeping up again ....

august
24-01-12, 08:36
FEO agent called last nite, asking me NOT to go to Watertown showflat as it was too crowded.
Quite a good number sold

lol, reverse psychology? :D

Arcachon
24-01-12, 14:49
Kovan site garners 11 bids, $1100 psf condo coming your way.

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Kovan+site+garners+11+bids%2C+%241100+psf+condo+coming+your+way/

kane
24-01-12, 14:54
that's where kovan residences is selling theirs currently.

richie$$$
24-01-12, 21:54
D9 how many resale units sold in Dec?
foreigners gt Money? shld nt b problem wth ABSD 10%

DKSG
24-01-12, 22:02

Re-posting some information here since this thread is relevant.

Just went down to Watertown this after (albeit against what your agent advised). Guess how many units they sold ? more than 520 at 2PM today.

And as I was there, there are churning out OTP at a rate of abt 1 every 10-15 mins!

No prizes for predicting that Jan 2012 you will see more than 1,000 units being sold. Hiller certainly sold more than 350 units till date! Watertown is like to hit 600 units before end of today!

There will be s <super> strong rebound in units sold from the 6xx units in Dec 2011.

So, the beginning of the Water Dragon year is indeed bring cheer to many!

Huat Ah!

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

CCR
24-01-12, 22:12
D9 how many resale units sold in Dec?
foreigners gt Money? shld nt b problem wth ABSD 10%

I m sure foreigners got money, the more impt fact is whether they think it make sense to buy now since they deem that the sin gahmen will make sure propery prices cool...

So if they buy now might not have upside...

I am sure if no cooling measures even with 50% cov they will cheong

Laguna
24-01-12, 22:21
one of my tenants terminating his tenancy agreement, found one replacement for me, at 10% higher rental, and no need me to pay the agency fee....

kane
24-01-12, 22:24
one of my tenants terminating his tenancy agreement, found one replacement for me, at 10% higher rental, and no need me to pay the agency fee....

how did you find the replacement?

Laguna
24-01-12, 22:25
how did you find the replacement?

the existing one find for me lor!

kane
24-01-12, 22:26
the existing one find for me lor!
you must pack one CNY hamper for your outgoing tenant for being so nice to you.

Mr.Keh
24-01-12, 23:37
Re-posting some information here since this thread is relevant.

Just went down to Watertown this after (albeit against what your agent advised). Guess how many units they sold ? more than 520 at 2PM today.

And as I was there, there are churning out OTP at a rate of abt 1 every 10-15 mins!

There will be s <super> strong rebound in units sold from the 6xx units in Dec 2011.

Stay Calm and Cool

That's a great news to start the dragon year with! Seems like people have become comfortable with CM6 and are opening their cheque books to buy again. This FEO condo can actually set benchmark prices in punggol right after CM6 which means people are still confident about property market in Singapore. It's difficult not be confident since rental market is very strong and demand is expected to increase (at a slower pace than last few years) as foreigners continue to come here to work.

Personally, I don't think Watertown is a good deal since I have doubts about it's rental viability and buying now at benchmark prices is not for the weak hearted. Two major risks for this project come from a) massive supply pipeline of new HDB and ECs in Punggol and Sengkang area. b) a determined MND minister who will not hesitate to cool the market further which may limit capital gains potential since we are already paying benchmark prices.

I maybe wrong about watertown's prospects but I rather be on the conservative side given the heightened uncertainty in the market.

ysyap
25-01-12, 05:43
That's a great news to start the dragon year with! Seems like people have become comfortable with CM6 and are opening their cheque books to buy again. This FEO condo can actually set benchmark prices in punggol right after CM6 which means people are still confident about property market in Singapore. It's difficult not be confident since rental market is very strong and demand is expected to increase (at a slower pace than last few years) as foreigners continue to come here to work.

Personally, I don't think Watertown is a good deal since I have doubts about it's rental viability and buying now at benchmark prices is not for the weak hearted. Two major risks for this project come from a) massive supply pipeline of new HDB and ECs in Punggol and Sengkang area. b) a determined MND minister who will not hesitate to cool the market further which may limit capital gains potential since we are already paying benchmark prices.

I maybe wrong about watertown's prospects but I rather be on the conservative side given the heightened uncertainty in the market.Isn't it CM5 only? Anyway, these people who flocked to buy Watertown and probably not affected by the latest CM which primarily targets the investors, just like CM4. Mentioned before that govt is simply barking up the wrong tree... :cool:

hovivi
25-01-12, 07:06
This project has like 800+ units, likewise treasure trove next door and there are so many EC there.. Gonna to be flooded with new housing in a few years time, like pasir ris.

ysyap
25-01-12, 08:26
This project has like 800+ units, likewise treasure trove next door and there are so many EC there.. Gonna to be flooded with new housing in a few years time, like pasir ris.Seng Kang area is already congested with ECs and PCs... :scared-5:

DKSG
25-01-12, 11:58

I maybe wrong about watertown's prospects but I rather be on the conservative side given the heightened uncertainty in the market.

From my observation there (abt 1 hour), most of the buyers are locals who intend to stay there. They bring along their parents, children, maids ... all getting excited over who will stay in which rooms and what facilities there will be, etc. Definitely majority is owner occupied. So all abt rental, etc, may not be too relevant here.

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

richie$$$
25-01-12, 12:09
Any1 c otherwise
Hdb upgraders
So rent out their hdb later.
Nt savvy or bother wth analysis. Incorrect pricing

DKSG
25-01-12, 12:14
Any1 c otherwise
Hdb upgraders
So rent out their hdb later.
Nt savvy or bother wth analysis. Incorrect pricing

I agree.
But the fact that HDB forms 80% of the country, chances are their abacus will be correct. Government will ALWAYS support HDB prices.

If prices start to dip, they stop producing HDB flats, take back those older ones and limit supply. Whatever it takes, they will prop it up.

I keep asking myself, dont these buyers know that for $1,250 psf, they can get something in say St Michael area ? But I think we cannot assume those who fork out million dollar for their house are stupid. One or two is ok. But are we saying there are 500++ of them ?

Remember, if enough people are wrong, the wrong maybe become right.

Think! Think! Think!

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

Arcachon
25-01-12, 12:33
http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/MI-BN219B_MKTLE_G_20120124183009.jpg

Huat Ah.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204624204577181332757125076.html

:cheers4:

richie$$$
25-01-12, 15:39
Interest rates predictions: When will the UK bank rate rise again?

By ANDREW OXLADE
Last updated at 12:53 PM on 19th January 2012

Comments (177)

We wish we could give an exact forecast on the future of the UK base rate, but we can't. We CAN, however, arm you with the right information and views from those in the know so you can make your own call (this round-up is updated every few days).

Essential reading:
Base rate held at 0.5% - and more QE lies ahead
How money markets shifted to predict a rate rise in 2015
BoE warns that worsening euro crisis may push up UK mortgage rates
What next for inflation? The experts who fear a price spiral
Join the debate: What next for rates?
Our forecast for Britain in 2020
Commentary from This is Money Editor Andrew Oxlade:
The MPC voted to 'hold' again in January and a rise looks a long way off - the mainstream predictions for the first increase ranges from 2013 to 2016.
Among the new pundits to wake up to the new reality was the Centre for Economic & Business Research, which has previously been marginally ahead of the curve in predicting low interest rates. On 16 January, it said interest rates would stay on hold until 2016.
The grim new forecasts for the economy in November's mini-Budget made rate rises even less likely. And the worsening state of the eurozone crisis - which will damage the UK economy - has continued since then to push out predictions of the first UK bank rate rise.
There was a particularly sharp move in mid-December as markets appeared to all but give up hope of a rate rise before the middle of the decade. The forecast has since remained fairly static, predicting the first rise in late 2015.
The prospect of low rates for years exists despite inflation remaining painfully high - it hit a peak of 5.2% (11 October) but is slowly easing back, down to 4.2% in the latest figures (17 January). Policymakers are adamant it will fall back further next year, and be under the 2% target by 2013.
The committee has dismissed inflation concerns and is more focused on heading off a double-dip recession. At its October meeting, it opted to restart its quantitative easing programme - an electronic form of money printing.
The vote was 9-0 in in favour of holding rates in December - the fifth month in a row of unanimity. Members had been locked at a 7-2 vote for two months before that and it was 6-3 earlier this year when a rate rise looked a possibility.

View from the Editor
That shift in voting reflects the remarkable and rapid movement in forecasts for rates last summer, with predictions for the first rise, week by week, taking huge strides into the future:
- In March/April, a rise was seen as imminent;
- In June, the forecast was for a hike in July/August 2012;
- By early August, futures markets earmarked early 2013 for the first increase;
- By October, the market priced early 2014 for a rate rise.
- By November, it priced early 2015 for a rate rise.
- By mid-December, it suggested late 2015.
- By mid-January, it suggested February 2016.
Our tweeting on rates: @andrew_oxlade | @predict_rates
Market predictions
So when will the MPC make the first move? Interest rate futures shifted dramatically in 2011. At the extremes, they pointed to an immediate rise in spring, but by the end of the year indicated 2015 for the first increase.
January has started in a similar vein. Markets initially pointed to February 2016 at one point but that has moved back to August 2015 today (19 January).
But these forecasts are wildly volatile - as we've constantly warned - and should be treated with caution.
Important note: Markets, economists and other experts haven't had a great record of making the right calls in recent years: 2010 predictions | 2008 predictions. This is Money has always advocated caution with predictions, including our own! There's no guarantee that those who have made correct calls in the past will make them in the future. [More: Whether to trust predictions].

Interest rates predictions: When will the UK bank rate rise again?

By ANDREW OXLADE
Last updated at 12:53 PM on 19th January 2012

Comments (177)

We wish we could give an exact forecast on the future of the UK base rate, but we can't. We CAN, however, arm you with the right information and views from those in the know so you can make your own call (this round-up is updated every few days).

Essential reading:
Base rate held at 0.5% - and more QE lies ahead
How money markets shifted to predict a rate rise in 2015
BoE warns that worsening euro crisis may push up UK mortgage rates
What next for inflation? The experts who fear a price spiral
Join the debate: What next for rates?
Our forecast for Britain in 2020
Commentary from This is Money Editor Andrew Oxlade:
The MPC voted to 'hold' again in January and a rise looks a long way off - the mainstream predictions for the first increase ranges from 2013 to 2016.
Among the new pundits to wake up to the new reality was the Centre for Economic & Business Research, which has previously been marginally ahead of the curve in predicting low interest rates. On 16 January, it said interest rates would stay on hold until 2016.
The grim new forecasts for the economy in November's mini-Budget made rate rises even less likely. And the worsening state of the eurozone crisis - which will damage the UK economy - has continued since then to push out predictions of the first UK bank rate rise.
There was a particularly sharp move in mid-December as markets appeared to all but give up hope of a rate rise before the middle of the decade. The forecast has since remained fairly static, predicting the first rise in late 2015.
The prospect of low rates for years exists despite inflation remaining painfully high - it hit a peak of 5.2% (11 October) but is slowly easing back, down to 4.2% in the latest figures (17 January). Policymakers are adamant it will fall back further next year, and be under the 2% target by 2013.
The committee has dismissed inflation concerns and is more focused on heading off a double-dip recession. At its October meeting, it opted to restart its quantitative easing programme - an electronic form of money printing.
The vote was 9-0 in in favour of holding rates in December - the fifth month in a row of unanimity. Members had been locked at a 7-2 vote for two months before that and it was 6-3 earlier this year when a rate rise looked a possibility.

View from the Editor
That shift in voting reflects the remarkable and rapid movement in forecasts for rates last summer, with predictions for the first rise, week by week, taking huge strides into the future:
- In March/April, a rise was seen as imminent;
- In June, the forecast was for a hike in July/August 2012;
- By early August, futures markets earmarked early 2013 for the first increase;
- By October, the market priced early 2014 for a rate rise.
- By November, it priced early 2015 for a rate rise.
- By mid-December, it suggested late 2015.
- By mid-January, it suggested February 2016.
Our tweeting on rates: @andrew_oxlade | @predict_rates
Market predictions
So when will the MPC make the first move? Interest rate futures shifted dramatically in 2011. At the extremes, they pointed to an immediate rise in spring, but by the end of the year indicated 2015 for the first increase.
January has started in a similar vein. Markets initially pointed to February 2016 at one point but that has moved back to August 2015 today (19 January).
But these forecasts are wildly volatile - as we've constantly warned - and should be treated with caution.
Important note: Markets, economists and other experts haven't had a great record of making the right calls in recent years: 2010 predictions | 2008 predictions. This is Money has always advocated caution with predictions, including our own! There's no guarantee that those who have made correct calls in the past will make them in the future. [More: Whether to trust predictions].
Enlarge

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-1607881/Interest-rates-News-predictions.html#ixzz1kSPkU1Nl
Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-1607881/Interest-rates-News-predictions.html#ixzz1kSPkU1Nl

DKSG
25-01-12, 17:09
Is the article trying to say 2015/2016 ?

Geylang OKT
25-01-12, 17:14
All the more the sg govt need to introduce more property curbs to dampen the unwarranted high property prices :D :D :D

richie$$$
25-01-12, 18:44
Is the article trying to say 2015/2016 ?
check link
chart shows some predict rate rises as early as 2012
low rates globally 2 spike investments. artificial. inflation up if not pushed down will lead 2 those days blow up...remember

no denial..things hv inflated steeply past4yrs

TMATT
25-01-12, 23:14
Good Observation & comment.

if you not an agent, you should be quite senior in property investment.

I agree.
But the fact that HDB forms 80% of the country, chances are their abacus will be correct. Government will ALWAYS support HDB prices.

If prices start to dip, they stop producing HDB flats, take back those older ones and limit supply. Whatever it takes, they will prop it up.

I keep asking myself, dont these buyers know that for $1,250 psf, they can get something in say St Michael area ? But I think we cannot assume those who fork out million dollar for their house are stupid. One or two is ok. But are we saying there are 500++ of them ?

Think! Think! Think!

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

howgozit
25-01-12, 23:33
When you say St Michael area appreciate if you can be a bit more specific. Are you referring to the road or the school?

If its the road, then $1250psf is way too expensive.
If its the school, then tell me where got $1250psf I also want to buy.

I agree.

Think! Think! Think!

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

howgozit
25-01-12, 23:43
Hmmm.... interesting logic.

I wonder if that is how Warren Bufffett thinks as well.

haha... I think there's another name for this philosophy.. its called "Herd mentality". That's how the gazelles are eaten by lions even when they know the lions are there.

Think! Think! Think!
DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

irisng
26-01-12, 08:04
The way i see it , the more CMs....the more expensive it's become and the more difficult to buy ,
First few months after CM, still the best time to buy...esp for first timer
As long no major crisis,
After months when people feel numb from the shock of CM, the price will creeping up again ....

Yup, just like taxi fares, at first people feel the pinch but few months later, everything back to normal.

I guess some buyers must be worried that if don't buy now, next time don't know what govt is going to come up with new CM. It might or might not affecting them, nobody knows. Just like our CPF also.

DC33_2008
26-01-12, 08:07
Fed to keep rates at ultra low till end of 2014. More sales at WT.

richie$$$
26-01-12, 09:11
heat of job cuts?
any1 experienced it?
share the real happenings

EY acctg firm salary cuts?
property 4 own stay. buy property nt like buy stocks.
every1 thinks gd $$$ esp young cikus nvr gotten burnt

panic dunno wht 2 do

richie$$$
26-01-12, 09:16
all govts cut rates becoz they know nxt few mths tough
gdp forecast all down

so every1 here still cheong property? smart chaps

CCR
26-01-12, 13:00
Fed to keep rates at ultra low till end of 2014. More sales at WT.

Risk of firesales reduced significantly.... Less than 1% mortgage rate... While rental yields at least 2.5 to 5 %, the positive spread for any landlord is at least 2% x 1m property = 20,000 extra cash a year... How tomhave fire sake like this?

amk
26-01-12, 13:12
I guess some buyers must be worried that if don't buy now, next time don't know what govt is going to come up with new CM. It might or might not affecting them, nobody knows. Just like our CPF also.

A relative of mine bought a condo in late 2009. They are staying in HDB, and did stretch a bit to buy. I ask him why buy since a bit tight, he said, at least now can still buy, next time dun know what new rule from gov will come then cannot buy already. Sure enough, in 2010 some CMs came out saying HDB owners buy condo already must sell HDB. He told me, see heng ar, lucky buy early, no need to sell HDB can rent out. Then in dec 2011 absd came out, he told me again, heng ar, lucky buy early, if not got to pay 3% more (wife is PR).

land118
26-01-12, 15:05
A relative of mine bought a condo in late 2009. They are staying in HDB, and did stretch a bit to buy. I ask him why buy since a bit tight, he said, at least now can still buy, next time dun know what new rule from gov will come then cannot buy already. Sure enough, in 2010 some CMs came out saying HDB owners buy condo already must sell HDB. He told me, see heng ar, lucky buy early, no need to sell HDB can rent out. Then in dec 2011 absd came out, he told me again, heng ar, lucky buy early, if not got to pay 3% more (wife is PR). Like your story, your relative has guts to stretch & commit and heng heng right timing. Many has sat around and until today still waiting and shouting for prices to come down b4 they commit.:D

richie$$$
26-01-12, 15:08
bt why CMs come in place in 1st place
1) prevent all singaporeans PRs foreigners fm cheong
2) overheating. govt worried bubble burst
3) elections lor. singaporeans nt happy
4) individuals borrow 2 much
5) c global slowdown 4 sure.

DKSG
26-01-12, 15:53
Good News to Hear During CNY Period!

Watertown sold 550 units and still counting.

Maybe you guys can start placing bets with Singapore Pools how many units will be sold by the 15th Day of CNY ?

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

samuelk
26-01-12, 15:56
Like your story, your relative has guts to stretch & commit and heng heng right timing. Many has sat around and until today still waiting and shouting for prices to come down b4 they commit.:D
actually the reason why many buy another property is

1. Low int rate
2.'CPI @ 5.5%
3. Buy for future generation so at least after they purhase their HDB , will still be able to enjoy PC.
4. Nvr seen so low int rate before and window of oppertunity reducing fast
5. .if it is FH, better buy as not much FH later
6. Investment in property never look better.
7. Dun noe what will happen next and regret not doing it when the time was right

con

1. Economynout look
2. Large surplus
3. 4 years later no one knows what might happen
4. Children find the place too tacky and want to sell and take the money to travel the world.:banghead:

land118
26-01-12, 16:13
actually the reason why many buy another property is

1. Low int rate
2.'CPI @ 5.5%
3. Buy for future generation so at least after they purhase their HDB , will still be able to enjoy PC.
4. Nvr seen so low int rate before and window of oppertunity reducing fast
5. .if it is FH, better buy as not much FH later
6. Investment in property never look better.
7. Dun noe what will happen next and regret not doing it when the time was right

con

1. Economynout look
2. Large surplus
3. 4 years later no one knows what might happen
4. Children find the place too tacky and want to sell and take the money to travel the world.:banghead: Good points. But whether it is upgrading for own stay or investment, it take guts to commit. Time at which one commit is always at market value which may be high at that point of time. However, some choose to sit around and dream that price will come down, bargain, shout to scare, and wait for durian to fall, which may never did. Even if durian did fall, this group will hope that it get even cheaper...:D

Rosy
26-01-12, 16:21
A relative of mine bought a condo in late 2009. They are staying in HDB, and did stretch a bit to buy. I ask him why buy since a bit tight, he said, at least now can still buy, next time dun know what new rule from gov will come then cannot buy already. Sure enough, in 2010 some CMs came out saying HDB owners buy condo already must sell HDB. He told me, see heng ar, lucky buy early, no need to sell HDB can rent out. Then in dec 2011 absd came out, he told me again, heng ar, lucky buy early, if not got to pay 3% more (wife is PR).
Can continue to keep hdb after one bought a condo but not the other way round.

irisng
26-01-12, 19:14

Ya, I missed the boat twice when the pte ppty price was still low. In early 2009, my brother encouraged me to buy another pte ppty for investment, but I had no guts to commit, and the price went up later. So in late 2010, I wanted to buy a HDB for investment, while searching for a few months, govt came up with a policy that have condo, cannot buy HDB, sign... missed the boat again. So in early 2011, I managed to get a MM unit for investment (but within my limit). Now govt came up with another CM that S'poreans have to pay addn 3% for 3rd ppty. So don't know what will be the next CM, nobody like us knows.

Rosy
26-01-12, 19:40
Ya, I missed the boat twice when the pte ppty price was still low. In early 2009, my brother encouraged me to buy another pte ppty for investment, but I had no guts to commit, and the price went up later. So in late 2010, I wanted to buy a HDB for investment, while searching for a few months, govt came up with a policy that have condo, cannot buy HDB, sign... missed the boat again. So in early 2011, I managed to get a MM unit for investment (but within my limit). Now govt came up with another CM that S'poreans have to pay addn 3% for 3rd ppty. So don't know what will be the next CM, nobody like us knows.
Why you treat hdb as an investment?

DKSG
26-01-12, 23:30

Actually miss one two boats is ok la!
I am used to missing boats. But importantly, we must learn how to recognise the boat when it comes again.

If u wait in a bus stop, bus comes, u say too full no seats dont want to hop on. Next bus comes, same thing happens. How many buses must come before u realise that you are already LATE for work liao !

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool
PS : I already learned how to recognise the bus!

irisng
27-01-12, 07:18
Why you treat hdb as an investment?

Maybe I should put it this way. Either rent out the HDB and stay in my current EC or vice versa. 4 rooms HDB flat is still cheaper than 4 rooms pte ppty. :p

Rosy
27-01-12, 08:05
Maybe I should put it this way. Either rent out the HDB and stay in my current EC or vice versa. 4 rooms HDB flat is still cheaper than 4 rooms pte ppty. :p
You need to fulfil 5years mop

latour
27-01-12, 09:34
The few things (ie. maybe its good news) I'm aware during this period are;

- nothing is dropping in price.
- new launches EC/PC prices are at new high.
- HDB rental is increasing, and units available are limited.
- Holding power of PCs and HDBs are strong, buy at new high price or they will not sell. Agents also Boh Pian...
- Those shouting Price Drop a few months back (and esp after CM5)... ???
- Garment also abit scratch head...

To all long term investors, Huat Ah.. Huat Ah !!!

(and some are looking forward to tonite's ToTo $888k, and next Friday's $10mil... huat ah!)

ysyap
27-01-12, 10:00
Maybe I should put it this way. Either rent out the HDB and stay in my current EC or vice versa. 4 rooms HDB flat is still cheaper than 4 rooms pte ppty. :pYour current EC must be at least 10 years old for it to turn private already before you can buy a HDB then... now no chance liao... but sell private before buying HDB... :tsk-tsk:

chiaberry
27-01-12, 10:09
hmm....those waiting for durian to drop might consider to make their purchase before more and more CM coming which makes it even more difficult to buy ? 10 year SSD ? 50% LTV

ysyap
27-01-12, 10:32
hmm....those waiting for durian to drop might consider to make their purchase before more and more CM coming which makes it even more difficult to buy ? 10 year SSD ? 50% LTVYou may be quite right... past CMs directed primarily at investors... subsequent CM (if any) should be directed at non investors also liao... Lol! But quite sensitive... must be in such a way that its for own stay and not speculation... :rolleyes: 10 yr SSD should do the trick. 50% LTV is about same as 60% LTV.. minimal difference... Hmmm...

Rosy
27-01-12, 10:54
You may be quite right... past CMs directed primarily at investors... subsequent CM (if any) should be directed at non investors also liao... Lol! But quite sensitive... must be in such a way that its for own stay and not speculation... :rolleyes: 10 yr SSD should do the trick. 50% LTV is about same as 60% LTV.. minimal difference... Hmmm...

10yr SSD longer than HDB 5 yr MOP. does it make any sense?

next CM just need to target resale flats will do and it will help to tame OCR condos as well

should be reverting back to older flat policies like 10yrs MOP for subletting out and one need to continue to stay in HDB after purchase a condo

peterng8
27-01-12, 13:31
hmm....those waiting for durian to drop might consider to make their purchase before more and more CM coming which makes it even more difficult to buy ? 10 year SSD ? 50% LTV

if buy at peak now..will there be a risk of CM6 coming possibly caused by SOHO or mix devpt( hilliers /watertown/bedok residences just to quote a few eg)due to the unique concept hence creating high price and high demand if this continues?

what happen when CM6 really arrives? will the price drop than as CM6 will it be tougher than CM5 ? what happen than for those buy at peak esp now? hold it till TOP 4 years down the road? 2016 interest rate till low? will there be upside than with so many units in the market and GE around the corner, more foreigners to be let in to fill the market? your guess.....:o

richie$$$
27-01-12, 14:24
10yr SSD ridiculous

10 yr MOP makes more sense

CM6 checks on those who rent HDB w/o approval.

HDB meant for citizens nt 4 investment

caught - fined n gantung privilege 4 10yrs blacklist.

all think buy n stay in private quietly rent out hdb better yield.

peterng8
27-01-12, 14:30
10yr SSD ridiculous

10 yr MOP makes more sense

CM6 checks on those who rent HDB w/o approval.

HDB meant for citizens nt 4 investment

caught - fined n gantung privilege 4 10yrs blacklist.

all think buy n stay in private quietly rent out hdb better yield.

just dont understand why people keeps on asking or letting people know they are renting out their HDB and staying in pte in the open...dont understand (some even start a thread in this open forum telling other going to buy pte and rent out HDB ha ha...)

heard a proverb or saying..a bird bathing in a pond of water singing so loud that attracts the cat and eat it up....:p

flxcat
27-01-12, 14:46
just dont understand why people keeps on asking or letting people know they are renting out their HDB and staying in pte in the open...dont understand (some even start a thread in this open forum telling other going to buy pte and rent out HDB ha ha...)

heard a proverb or saying..a bird bathing in a pond of water singing so loud that attracts the cat and eat it up....:p

The answer is clear. Welcome to the new Singaporean dream :spliff:

Many HDB owners level playing field as PC owners are locked out of this newly created opportunities to join the ppty game hee....

DKSG
27-01-12, 14:51
If writing here can cause market prices to dip, I will write everyday here man!

The truth is : It doesnt. Instead of trying to curse those who bought Watertown, why not try and understand it ?

Market demand is strong, Singapore is a desirable place in the region for people to own properties. Government is pro property investment (thats why they want a stable property landscape). Low interest rates for next few years.

All these points to just one thing : Prices will remain stable. Plus Minus say 5%.

LATEST NEWS : Watertown sold more than 620 units ALREADY! Those who like this shld act fast, gravevine news is that they will reduce the discount by 1% anytime now or tomorrow.

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool
PS : I not agent, I not related to FEO. I am just a commoner.

richie$$$
27-01-12, 14:53
yeah..so called hdb upgraders. play wth demand n supply
afterwards get played backside

let's wait new CM.

DKSG
27-01-12, 15:21
yeah..so called hdb upgraders. play wth demand n supply
afterwards get played backside

let's wait new CM.

I think they are just trying their best to make more money la!

The very big assumption in the by PC rent out HDB assumption is RENTAL.

Rental is strong now coz of under supply. But with the hundreds of thousands of units coming up, HDB turned PC owners have to understand the risk they are taking :

1) They assume they can dispose their HDB easily next time at the same price as now. This is a very big assumption.
2) They assume cannot sell HDB also can rent out and make money. This assumption is nearly wrong as we move towards a "no increase" in foreigners policy real soon.

Imagine if hundreds of thousands of HDB dwellers own a HDB and PC (2 "homes") and have to service both ? If they imputted this in their calculation then good lor! Can afford to keep one of their properties empty for 1-2 years. Else - Good Luck!

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

peterng8
27-01-12, 16:03
If writing here can cause market prices to dip, I will write everyday here man!

The truth is : It doesnt. Instead of trying to curse those who bought Watertown, why not try and understand it ?

Market demand is strong, Singapore is a desirable place in the region for people to own properties. Government is pro property investment (thats why they want a stable property landscape). Low interest rates for next few years.

All these points to just one thing : Prices will remain stable. Plus Minus say 5%.

LATEST NEWS : Watertown sold more than 620 units ALREADY! Those who like this shld act fast, gravevine news is that they will reduce the discount by 1% anytime now or tomorrow.

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool
PS : I not agent, I not related to FEO. I am just a commoner.

everyday write u want to be Mr B the 2nd?:p

my view the mover this year could be mixed devpt(SOHO, with shop concept) and EC (pricing attractive compared to resale or new launch PC)...but if the price keeps going up due to mixed devept..will there be CM6 on the way even with more release of GLS and current CMs the price still runaway due to mixed concept (although recent report from URA shows the price of ppty increase has been moderated (O.2%?) compared to last year):o

irisng
27-01-12, 16:48
Your current EC must be at least 10 years old for it to turn private already before you can buy a HDB then... now no chance liao... but sell private before buying HDB... :tsk-tsk:

Ya lor, my EC is already 12 yrs old and planned to buy HDB as a 2nd ppty but now cannot already:banghead:, so only can get a MM pte apartment for investment. When intend to buy a 3rd ppty to replace my current EC, CM5 comes out :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: .

irisng
27-01-12, 16:55
10yr SSD longer than HDB 5 yr MOP. does it make any sense?

next CM just need to target resale flats will do and it will help to tame OCR condos as well

should be reverting back to older flat policies like 10yrs MOP for subletting out and one need to continue to stay in HDB after purchase a condo

I thought last time, the rule is like that, have condo, must stay in HDB, if want to rent HDB, must locked up 1 room. At that time, prices was quite stable.

HDB resale prices are getting higher and higher, people make money from the resale and then loan a bit more to buy OCR condo to enjoy the comfort environment as well as raise their status.

richie$$$
27-01-12, 22:23
I think they are just trying their best to make more money la!

The very big assumption in the by PC rent out HDB assumption is RENTAL.

Rental is strong now coz of under supply. But with the hundreds of thousands of units coming up, HDB turned PC owners have to understand the risk they are taking :

1) They assume they can dispose their HDB easily next time at the same price as now. This is a very big assumption.
2) They assume cannot sell HDB also can rent out and make money. This assumption is nearly wrong as we move towards a "no increase" in foreigners policy real soon.

Imagine if hundreds of thousands of HDB dwellers own a HDB and PC (2 "homes") and have to service both ? If they imputted this in their calculation then good lor! Can afford to keep one of their properties empty for 1-2 years. Else - Good Luck!

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

then read abv..prices will not shoot up

DKSG
28-01-12, 01:17
then read abv..prices will not shoot up

I think we shld stop trying to convince others whether prices will shoot up or be shot down. It is meaningless.

The truth is : No one can predict properties prices.

My "prediction" is as good as yours.
Thus, we shld not get upset with other people's "prediction".

I think Richie predicts that property prices will decline in the next 1,2, or 3 years ?

My prediction is that prices will remain stable with slight appreciation over a 2-3 year period. But I will be more precise that Ah B. I predict that prices in 2014 will certainly be higher than in 2011/2012 (first half).

May we all make money and Huat Ah!

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool
PS : I more free during this period la! So post more info to share.
Once I buy my next unit by 1H2012. I will be more busy liao.

peterng8
28-01-12, 08:51
I think Prediction is just not simply based on gut feelings of what the market is going to happen next.

I strongly believe that the accuracy of the prediction is based on the amount of info avaliable and how the info is valued/assessed as useful and how it is being deciphered and interepreted..

I believe the pricing has peaked(esp outskirts) and going to soften and further CM will surface if there a indication that the price is going up.:o

DKSG
28-01-12, 09:55
I think Prediction is just not simply based on gut feelings of what the market is going to happen next.

I strongly believe that the accuracy of the prediction is based on the amount of info avaliable and how the info is valued/assessed as useful and how it is being deciphered and interepreted..

I believe the pricing has peaked(esp outskirts) and going to soften and further CM will surface if there a indication that the price is going up.:o

Is this before or after Watertown ? If you believe that ourskirts has peaked before Watertown. Then this prediction is wrong lor! But its ok, I am wrong half the time in the last 5 years also. Everytime I think it has peaked, I sell something, the price goes up again, peak again, I sell something again, it peaked again. This happened quite a few times until now, I dont own much properties already! haha!

I personally didnt expect Watertown to be able to hit 13xx psf! But it happened!

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

DC33_2008
28-01-12, 10:02
I thought CMs are dampener to reduce the rate of increase rather than to see a drastic drop in pricing. Money value will get smaller with time given the high inflation and printing of $ from the west.

DKSG
28-01-12, 10:05
I thought CMs are dampener to reduce the rate of increase rather than to see a drastic drop in pricing. Money value will get smaller with time given the high inflation and printing of $ from the west.

Simple and Direct statement which I think EVERYONE here can agree!

sh
28-01-12, 10:12
Is this before or after Watertown ? If you believe that ourskirts has peaked before Watertown. Then this prediction is wrong lor! But its ok, I am wrong half the time in the last 5 years also. Everytime I think it has peaked, I sell something, the price goes up again, peak again, I sell something again, it peaked again. This happened quite a few times until now, I dont own much properties already! haha!

I personally didnt expect Watertown to be able to hit 13xx psf! But it happened!

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

I don't try to predict the market. I'm don't pretend to be smart enough to buy when it's at the bottom and sell at the top. But I do believe from history that the next 1 peak will to higher than the previous. So when I find a gem (must be FH giving good yield) I hold onto it. So I'm a hoarder

The transaction cost of flipping adds the cost. Now with CM5 makes flipping even more expensive. Easily 10% now. Prices need to rise 10% to make any profit. I'll stick to my strategy.... :p

Eastboy
28-01-12, 10:17
I don't try to predict the market. I'm don't pretend to be smart enough to buy when it's at the bottom and sell at the top. But I do believe from history that the next 1 peak will to higher than the previous. So when I find a gem (must be FH giving good yield) I hold onto it. So I'm a hoarder

The transaction cost of flipping adds the cost. Now with CM5 makes flipping even more expensive. Easily 10% now. Prices need to rise 10% to make any profit. I'll stick to my strategy.... :p

hahaha i am also a hoarder...hoarding 6 properties and i don't time the market. to me money is made from my stocks and shares. properties are just collaterals that i will only look at during my retirement. that's my strategy. i am in properties with long term horizons, not short-term.

Montaigne
28-01-12, 10:18

Where got FH giving good yield, can share?

sh
28-01-12, 10:24
Where got FH giving good yield, can share?

4% considered good for FH already.... usually smaller units. (1 bedrooms or MMs)

Reasonable location to ensure that's easy to rent out.

getting harder to find :(

That's why I say it's a gem.... when you find it.:D

DKSG
28-01-12, 10:35
hahaha i am also a hoarder...hoarding 6 properties and i don't time the market. to me money is made from my stocks and shares. properties are just collaterals that i will only look at during my retirement. that's my strategy. i am in properties with long term horizons, not short-term.

Smart Strategy!

Maybe I shld start accumulating them from now on. Have been cashing out in 2011.

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

land118
28-01-12, 10:35
Good strategy..., well said

DC33_2008
28-01-12, 10:44
Concur with you on this. :)

Jonathan0503
28-01-12, 11:48
4% considered good for FH already.... usually smaller units. (1 bedrooms or MMs)

Reasonable location to ensure that's easy to rent out.

getting harder to find :(

That's why I say it's a gem.... when you find it.:D

I totally agree with u.

Able to share which project fit this bill currently? Or u still finding?:)

richie$$$
28-01-12, 13:32
Dun make sense 2012 c supply going up
2013 2014 more supply? Interest rates somemore go up last can hold2014
Developers will complete projects faster

No1 getting upset. U?
I c prices will nt even go up. tell u only I hv crystal ball hehe

Now global situation is like stomach ache. Dun wan go toilet
Eat diarrhea pills. Hold holdhold holdthen eat somemore oily food eat more diarrhea pills. Hold n hold n hold till 2013 LMAO
Wht happen then ? Hahaha.

I think we shld stop trying to convince others whether prices will shoot up or be shot down. It is meaningless.

The truth is : No one can predict properties prices.

My "prediction" is as good as yours.
Thus, we shld not get upset with other people's "prediction".

I think Richie predicts that property prices will decline in the next 1,2, or 3 years ?

My prediction is that prices will remain stable with slight appreciation over a 2-3 year period. But I will be more precise that Ah B. I predict that prices in 2014 will certainly be higher than in 2011/2012 (first half).

May we all make money and Huat Ah!

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool
PS : I more free during this period la! So post more info to share.
Once I buy my next unit by 1H2012. I will be more busy liao.

CCR
28-01-12, 15:24
Transaction costs is too high to try and buy low and sell high...

The buying costs, selling costs and renovation costs, rental costs will add up to 20% of total price of the property..... So u less you are confident property prices will drop at least 25% dont keep buying and selling....

Keep whatever you have, in the meantime, collect rental, save money, try and work hard and increase your monthly salary, and if indeed property prices do drop, buy another one...

Then start the whole cycle again.... And by the time you retire will prob have 3 or more properties to collect rental for retirement and when you die, hand it over for your children....

You wuld have help them make a head start in life....

peterng8
28-01-12, 16:58

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

take note that watertown belong to the category of hilliers, tennery etc just as EC belongs to another category that is what my views are..

if u are selling resale, that is another category to me too...each category has its own merits and factors to consider that is what i think ..

maybe to others..they are all the same...:o

peterng8
28-01-12, 17:03

The buying costs, selling costs and renovation costs, rental costs will add up to 20% of total price of the property..... So u less you are confident property prices will drop at least 25% dont keep buying and selling....

Keep whatever you have, in the meantime, collect rental, save money, try and work hard and increase your monthly salary, and if indeed property prices do drop, buy another one...

Then start the whole cycle again.... And by the time you retire will prob have 3 or more properties to collect rental for retirement and when you die, hand it over for your children....

yes..agreee..my view is know which ones to keep and which ones to get rid off when the times are rite...:o

sh
28-01-12, 17:14
take note that watertown belong to the category of hilliers, tennery etc just as EC belongs to another category that is what my views are..

if u are selling resale, that is another category to me too...each category has its own merits and factors to consider that is what i think ..

maybe to others..they are all the same...:o

If you're a hoarder like me. I cannot justify the huge Premium new launches are commanding over relatively new resale units. In ten years time, there's little difference between a say 10 year old property compared to a 15 year old property, especially if it's FH.

sh
28-01-12, 17:27
I totally agree with u.

Able to share which project fit this bill currently? Or u still finding?:)

Bought my 2nd property in early 2010, fitting my requirements, also got some CM, but doesn't affect long term holders.

Bought 3rd one end 2010 after CM something (30% down), also fitting my criteria.

Prices for both has gone up, so if you were to buy now (if they are available) they will fail.

So I'm happy to hold for the long term.

Shopping for no.4 but stupid CMs have to come up 40% + 3extra %:simmering:

As you can see, I've been buying through the various CMs....

danntbt
28-01-12, 20:56
Dun make sense 2012 c supply going up
2013 2014 more supply? Interest rates somemore go up last can hold2014
Developers will complete projects faster

No1 getting upset. U?
I c prices will nt even go up. tell u only I hv crystal ball hehe

Now global situation is like stomach ache. Dun wan go toilet
Eat diarrhea pills. Hold holdhold holdthen eat somemore oily food eat more diarrhea pills. Hold n hold n hold till 2013 LMAO
Wht happen then ? Hahaha.
..........maybe you should start trying to live up to your name....instead of playing monopoly with Mr B......

Montaigne
28-01-12, 21:37
..........maybe you should start trying to live up to your name....instead of playing monopoly with Mr B......

Erm I thought it is quite obvious that they are both the same person?

danntbt
28-01-12, 21:54
Erm I thought it is quite obvious that they are both the same person?
.....ok....they can still play together....just switch from one chair to the other....or use the mirror.

ysyap
28-01-12, 22:06
Bought my 2nd property in early 2010, fitting my requirements, also got some CM, but doesn't affect long term holders.

Bought 3rd one end 2010 after CM something (30% down), also fitting my criteria.

Prices for both has gone up, so if you were to buy now (if they are available) they will fail.

So I'm happy to hold for the long term.

Shopping for no.4 but stupid CMs have to come up 40% + 3extra %:simmering:

As you can see, I've been buying through the various CMs....Well at the rate govt is pushing out CMs based on market sentiments (which is very positive in the current market), you better grab your no. 4 before the next CM comes along!

richie$$$
28-01-12, 22:19
.....ok....they can still play together....just switch from one chair to the other....or use the mirror.
Yeah then use a stick n screw those who speak lmao
Hello any1 home. Focus on the topic.

CCR
28-01-12, 22:57
[/COLOR]

yes..agreee..my view is know which ones to keep and which ones to get rid off when the times are rite...:o

Agree.... Adjust, but must stay invested in properties...

kane
29-01-12, 00:19
Agree.... Adjust, but must stay invested in properties...

And they call it portfolio rebalancing. Heh.

danntbt
29-01-12, 05:47
Yeah then use a stick n screw those who speak lmao
Hello any1 home. Focus on the topic.
....hahaha....sold out already no more home for you right?

richie$$$
29-01-12, 07:56
Hello ... U go join ah Lian forum
Give dis type of remark

Buy more n keep if CM relaxed

DKSG
29-01-12, 09:04

I think we should ban people from commenting about other people's private affairs. So what if other people sold and made millions already ? How does that contribute to the conversation.

We live in a society where the 7 deadly sins has infested the minds of too many people. The person who posted this has committed : Envy, Pride, and Greed!

Reflect, Reflect, Reflect

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

DKSG
29-01-12, 09:05
Back to the topic.

Any further news during this CNY period ?

Watertown sold more than 650 units already ?

Any news from other developments ?

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

DC33_2008
29-01-12, 09:15
Must make sure children buy a HDB first then pass the private properties to them. Have lost out on such opportunity. Tenants have helped me to fully paid for properties and own more properties. Just hope it will continue in future.

irisng
29-01-12, 10:18
Maybe this is out of the topic, but I'm a bit out-dated now. Does BTO comes with completed flooring (eg tiles)? Is it now, 1st or 2nd timers applying for HDB flats need to pay $10 to ballot. What happen if they are unlucky and wasting so much money and still never get it, isn't it unfair, why don't HDB use back the queue system? No wonder now resale HDB flats so expenssive, urgent couples couldn't wait and so they have no choice but to buy resale flat. My nephew is one of them, ballot a few times, still never get it, so turn to resale flat and pay $498k for a 25 yrs 4 room HDB flat in Serangoon because he is going to get married this yr.

richie$$$
29-01-12, 10:43
Maybe this is out of the topic, but I'm a bit out-dated now. Does BTO comes with completed flooring (eg tiles)? Is it now, 1st or 2nd timers applying for HDB flats need to pay $10 to ballot. What happen if they are unlucky and wasting so much money and still never get it, isn't it unfair, why don't HDB use back the queue system? No wonder now resale HDB flats so expenssive, urgent couples couldn't wait and so they have no choice but to buy resale flat. My nephew is one of them, ballot a few times, still never get it, so turn to resale flat and pay $498k for a 25 yrs 4 room HDB flat in Serangoon because he is going to get married this yr.

Nxt step change queue system
Hv more hdb
CM on resale n tighten rent procedures

danntbt
29-01-12, 14:41
I think we should ban people from commenting about other people's private affairs. So what if other people sold and made millions already ? How does that contribute to the conversation.

We live in a society where the 7 deadly sins has infested the minds of too many people. The person who posted this has committed : Envy, Pride, and Greed!

Reflect, Reflect, Reflect

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool
....think you need to be less condescending, you never read properly what was written before you make judgement.....sure reflect, reflect, reflect....you have been no less guilty of what you want others to be banned.

If you want to ban people then go ahead and try.....almighty.

buttercarp
29-01-12, 15:48
Maybe this is out of the topic, but I'm a bit out-dated now. Does BTO comes with completed flooring (eg tiles)? .......

Yup it comes with tiles.
Doors are of good quality.
Main door is fire proof.

However there is no wardrobe nor kitchen cabinets.
The toilets are just basic things- WC and sink only , no vanity top.

irisng
29-01-12, 19:21
Yup it comes with tiles.
Doors are of good quality.
Main door is fire proof.

However there is no wardrobe nor kitchen cabinets.
The toilets are just basic things- WC and sink only , no vanity top.

Thank you, unlike during my time, all was not done. But there are advantages and disadvantages, you might or might not like the flooring tiles but I think most people will just accept it because if you are going to re-do, it will cost you another sum of money.:o