PDA

View Full Version : Its the weekend whos going viewing...

radha08
11-02-12, 07:26
He He...love sarturdays have a teh-C and read the classified ads at coffeeshops...call and disturb a few agents...:D...maybe do a few viewings....life is so fun in singapore...:spliff:

hyenergix
11-02-12, 07:34
I should be checking out the launches in the north today. Passed by that area earlier this week and I find the air was fresher. In the city area, you see a layer of haze.

DC33_2008
11-02-12, 07:57
WT sold out this weekend! Huat Ah! Rosewood closer advertised aggressively now on TV. Hillier too. More hot sales. Agent said there are quite a bit of foreigners buying. Do not mind the ASDB.

samuelk
11-02-12, 09:21
going to look at the remainder units like Flamingo V and Sea Wind.

May be closed to water town prices.:beats-me-man:

zzz1
11-02-12, 09:49
Going to show rooms and stick with few reliable agents to'see see look look' do give the feel on the Market situation time t time ...

zzz1
11-02-12, 09:51
I should be checking out the launches in the north today. Passed by that area earlier this week and I find the air was fresher. In the city area, you see a layer of haze.
Which Projects?

DC33_2008
11-02-12, 09:54
Another showflat to go to after 21 Feb: Bartley Residence. A bit on the high side: $1400psf for a two bedder after discount. 2 bedder is about $1 million.

hyenergix
11-02-12, 10:02
Which Projects?

Those already on sale for several months. Less crowd n bwtter gauge of reponse after e initial craze.

hyenergix
11-02-12, 10:07
Another showflat to go to after 21 Feb: Bartley Residence. A bit on the high side: $1400psf for a two bedder after discount. 2 bedder is about $1 million.

I think u r aiming for e bartley. Tot it was given $1000 psf here. $1400psf is too ex.

yowetan
11-02-12, 10:11
going to look at the remainder units like Flamingo V and Sea Wind.

May be closed to water town prices.:beats-me-man:

How much is Flamingo Valley now?

Does anyone survey the place?

mcmlxxvi
11-02-12, 10:13
simply not interested. sucky market. sucky new projects.

DC33_2008
11-02-12, 10:40
Difficult to convince myself to pay such high $psf for this 99LH after comparing with a 999LH D1 property which I pay far less than this just a few years ago.
I think u r aiming for e bartley. Tot it was given $1000 psf here. $1400psf is too ex.

zzz1
11-02-12, 11:07
Those already on sale for several months. Less crowd n bwtter gauge of reponse after e initial craze.
Yap....sometime good stuffs are at the below... Eg cancelled/terminated sale units

kickboxer
11-02-12, 12:15

around $1300psf...and a matured garden view

yowetan
11-02-12, 12:34
around $1300psf...and a matured garden view

What do you mean by matured garden view?

Any discount or whatever offset dish out by developer?

stalingrad
11-02-12, 12:45

Does anyone survey the place? What does this sentence mean on Mars? It definitely has no meaning on our planet earth.

hyenergix
11-02-12, 12:47
Yap....sometime good stuffs are at the below... Eg cancelled/terminated sale units

Cambio starts ard $5xxk for 1 bedder. 2 bedder is small but decent. Full condo status. Quite nice n spacious. Another MM developer is giving more discount to clear units. Tempting.

samsara
11-02-12, 12:52
Flamingo Valley (http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Update%3A+Flamingo+Valley+site+photos/)

price
11-02-12, 13:02
Cambio starts ard $5xxk for 1 bedder. 2 bedder is small but decent. Full condo status. Quite nice n spacious. Another MM developer is giving more discount to clear units. Tempting.

The new Casa Cambio?

chiaberry
11-02-12, 13:13

Went to Watertown showflat. Not that impressed. The place is very far from anywhere unless you work in that part of Singapore. I personally did not fancy the idea of the shops underneath my dwelling place (with people milling around) and the MRT although convenient seems too close. The waterway looks currently like a big longkang. And there's loads of HDBs around. Drive in past HDBs, drive out past HDBs. Sea of HDBs everywhere......look also sianz.........I suppose it's only suitable for HDB upgraders coz they are used to that environment and seeing HDBs all around them. :scared-5: Twin Waterfalls showflat is open but by then I was so sian with finding my way around the BTOs that I gave it a miss. In any case, not eligible for EC.

Pro888
11-02-12, 13:18
Going to show rooms and stick with few reliable agents to'see see look look' do give the feel on the Market situation time t time ...

Just went to Nautical, much larger crowd. 20-30 gp

A knee-jerk reaction aft CM5 and now the ppl coming bk.

DC33_2008
11-02-12, 13:42
It is really happening in the north. Wonder where is the dragon head. Maybe moving across from WT towards Nautical and Rosewood.

Pro888
11-02-12, 13:55
It is really happening in the north. Wonder where is the dragon head. Maybe moving across from WT towards Nautical and Rosewood.

First, must find the dragon ball then you will know the dragon head. :D

yowetan
11-02-12, 13:56
Does anyone knows the location of the Flamingo Valley showflat ?

hyenergix
11-02-12, 14:07
Went to Watertown showflat. Not that impressed. The place is very far from anywhere unless you work in that part of Singapore. I personally did not fancy the idea of the shops underneath my dwelling place (with people milling around) and the MRT although convenient seems too close. The waterway looks currently like a big longkang. And there's loads of HDBs around. Drive in past HDBs, drive out past HDBs. Sea of HDBs everywhere......look also sianz.........I suppose it's only suitable for HDB upgraders coz they are used to that environment and seeing HDBs all around them. :scared-5: Twin Waterfalls showflat is open but by then I was so sian with finding my way around the BTOs that I gave it a miss. In any case, not eligible for EC.

Yes, most HDB upgraders definitely prefer MRT+Mall concept. I was tired of driving too far north to see the show-flats because of heavy car traffic (on a saturday!). I ended up only seeing the launches in north-east as I drove northwards. It's time to flip through the brochures I collected while drinking coffee :47:

Douk
11-02-12, 14:57
Just google flamingo valley. showflat is beside construction site.

wind30
11-02-12, 15:41

you really bored izzit? see for fun?

fiat500
11-02-12, 16:09
Just google flamingo valley. showflat is beside construction site.
flamingo v is nice,it has the atas feel surrounded by landed properties on a hilltop.
u have to drive to live there. public transport not convenient.

radha08
11-02-12, 16:24

exactly how i felt today when i drove past the area..was supposed to go viewing around there but just dont like the feel of the whole area....really dont know what all the hype is about...still love the east coast stretch from katong to siglap....:D

radha08
11-02-12, 16:26

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Update%3A+Flamingo+Valley+site+photos/

everyday i walk past there...:o

radha08
11-02-12, 16:28
flamingo v is nice,it has the atas feel surrounded by landed properties on a hilltop.

yup its absolutely fantastic...i currently living in a RENTED landed property around there....:D

buttercarp
11-02-12, 21:02
yup its absolutely fantastic...i currently living in a RENTED landed property around there....:D

Everytime i drive through that area, I would think of you and your good deal and wonder which house you are in!:)

ysyap
11-02-12, 22:04
Another showflat to go to after 21 Feb: Bartley Residence. A bit on the high side: $1400psf for a two bedder after discount. 2 bedder is about $1 million.Drove pass the showflat... saw many many agents in shirt and tie standing outside the showflat, maybe waiting for VVIP preview or waiting for instruction from developer... nearly turned in but kana blocked by road works... :spliff:

testtest
11-02-12, 23:00

Some misinformed people here think this is near to orchard road....:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

chiaberry
11-02-12, 23:22
Some misinformed people here think this is near to orchard road....:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

LOL I think that Watertown is probably one of the most over-rated launches of the year. As mentioned, it is in the middle of many many HDB BTOs (a veritable sea of BTOs), far far from the centre of Singapore and the "Water" is a longkang. What is the big deal about living in an integrated mall? Unless I am missing something, COMPASSPOINT is built on top of an MRT with a shopping centre below, polyclinic just across the road and good schools nearby (Nan Chiau Primary has the highest balloting ratio this year for Primary 1 registration). So this integrated mall thing is nothing new or unique. $1.9 mill for a compact 4BR doesn't seem like good value to me.

lifeline
12-02-12, 00:09
passed by and decided to kaypo rosewood at 6+pm.
nice mingling crowd. nice id too. the brochure is so big, thick and full coloured! must be real ex!
was surprised to find that the 2 br has shared common toilet, meant more for investor purchase. avg 1br 400+k (aircon ledge is bigger than balcony!), 2br 600+k, 3br 800+k and penthouse 1.2M+ and above!

kickboxer
12-02-12, 01:01

It is right next to a cemetery

radha08
12-02-12, 01:32
Everytime i drive through that area, I would think of you and your good deal and wonder which house you are in!:)

ha ha.....mine is the worst of the best....original condition but nicely maintained BIG garden...small house....will never be able to afford something like this over 10 lifetimes in THIS country...me and my wife just came back after a night out its 2am in the morning....parked the car a few doors away...took a slow walk back...SIGH the feeling of walking back to a big landed house in D15 under the moon and stars with a light breeze blowing is TOTAL magic....:o

radha08
12-02-12, 01:35
It is right next to a cemetery

bloody eerie under a FULL moon at nite....:eek:

samuelk
12-02-12, 08:06
bloody eerie under a FULL moon at nite....:eek:
and hence the wild fluaction from 1108 to 1400 PSF.

They adjust the furniture rebate accrodingly and there is some leeway for discount.

Thats the impression I got when the agent was trying to close the deal.

Sea Wind is about that kind of pricing as well. But the discount is rather lean.

Douk
12-02-12, 09:15

The walk is not too bad. At most ion to taka distance.

yowetan
12-02-12, 09:30
Could someone elaborate further on the cemetry next to Flamingo Valley? Is it really that eerie that spooks many people away from the development?

azeoprop
12-02-12, 09:37
Just hang bak kwa at your window and u will be safe .... :D

samuelk
12-02-12, 09:41
Just hang bak kwa at your window and u will be safe .... :D

thats hovering on been racist:tsk-tsk:

DC33_2008
12-02-12, 09:57
Collecting cheque till 18 Feb if you are interested. Will give this a miss.
Drove pass the showflat... saw many many agents in shirt and tie standing outside the showflat, maybe waiting for VVIP preview or waiting for instruction from developer... nearly turned in but kana blocked by road works... :spliff:

ysyap
12-02-12, 10:03
Collecting cheque till 18 Feb if you are interested. Will give this a miss.Housing prices are not any much lower than last year despite all the hype about falling price after the latest CM... sigh... this project still quite high... riding on the recent success of WT! :scared-5:

DC33_2008
12-02-12, 10:12
Developer of this project is just like FEO, price higher and give discount. But still high. Not surprise if there are takers as there are relatively better schools in less than 1km radius.
Housing prices are not any much lower than last year despite all the hype about falling price after the latest CM... sigh... this project still quite high... riding on the recent success of WT! :scared-5:

buttercarp
12-02-12, 11:28
Could someone elaborate further on the cemetry next to Flamingo Valley? Is it really that eerie that spooks many people away from the development?

I don't think so, people still buy leh.
Anyway it is a quiet place.

ysyap
12-02-12, 11:39
I don't think so, people still buy leh.
Anyway it is a quiet place.Cemetaries are quite places indeed! :scared-3:

buttercarp
12-02-12, 11:44
Cemetaries are quite places indeed! :scared-3:

Not true......
Those which accept burials can be quite lively. But I guess those are situated in the outskirts.

ysyap
12-02-12, 11:45
Not true......
Those which accept burials can be quite lively. But I guess those are situated in the outskirts.How lively? :beats-me-man:

buttercarp
12-02-12, 11:48
How lively? :beats-me-man:

Depends on how many live people are present.

yowetan
12-02-12, 11:50
This is scary, though the area siglap is atas.

buttercarp
12-02-12, 11:54
This is scary, though the area siglap is atas.

Actually live people may be scarier..... :scared-5: .

ysyap
12-02-12, 12:12
Actually live people may be scarier..... :scared-5: .Can't agree more! :scared-4:

radha08
12-02-12, 13:10
Cemetaries are quite places indeed! :scared-3:

pity those terrace houses facing cemetary...dont think they can ever find buyer....:scared-4:

evergreen
12-02-12, 13:31
pity those terrace houses facing cemetary...dont think they can ever find buyer....:scared-4:
I don't mind buying if very cheap :D At least the ones there resting in peace unlike at Bedok reservoir...

zzz1
12-02-12, 13:54

What the balance now?

samuelk
12-02-12, 14:36
Not true......
Those which accept burials can be quite lively. But I guess those are situated in the outskirts.

I highly doubt a muslim cemetry will play the drum or cymbal with today not coming home (mandarain ) during the funeral march

samuelk
12-02-12, 16:15
Housing prices are not any much lower than last year despite all the hype about falling price after the latest CM... sigh... this project still quite high... riding on the recent success of WT! :scared-5:
what's surprising is that EC prices are creeping upwards and the take up rate for the bigger units are equally fast as WT or BR.

either the economy is doing exceedingly well and all this talk of economy slow down is just to slow the growth of the salary increase or it is the calm before the storm.

wonder those that waited for 30%durian dropping waited in vain

mkl22
13-02-12, 13:17
exactly how i felt today when i drove past the area..was supposed to go viewing around there but just dont like the feel of the whole area....really dont know what all the hype is about...still love the east coast stretch from katong to siglap....:D

ya me too. especially the boundary from still road to bedok south road and in between east coast road and marine parade road.