PDA

View Full Version : Advice for to-be future landlords:

blackjack21trader
22-02-12, 06:05
Be vigilant and diligent when buying investment properties !

Properties are not toys or masak masak games you play or go markets and buy.

One wrong move on the start could set you back many years in your pursue of financial freedom.

There are many things to keep in mind when buying Singapore investment properties. One is:

It is better to buy a smaller one in Core Central Region or Regional Central Region ( D9,D10,D11 ) or (D12,D13,D15) than a HUGE one in neverlands.

The rationale being based on the holding power of the owners behind CCR and RCR and the profile of the property demand purchasers.

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

marktkt22
22-02-12, 07:21
Thanks will bear that in mind.
Why no d14 in your list ? My firepower limit my choice to rcr.
Btw, for rcr, any preferred choice , d12 d13 or d15 ?

blackjack21trader
22-02-12, 07:54

So happy you ask me this question, brother marktkt22!

From my humble 20 years of property investing: D15,D12,D13,D14** in that order.

(**D14: Only selected locations.Be careful of staying near dubious lanes..I know as I was a Geylander during the most of my early years. Near Paya Lebar MRT or City Plaza or Eunos or Malay Village should be fine.)

JMHO.

神龙股侠。

devilplate
22-02-12, 08:01

(**D14: Only selected locations.Be careful of staying near dubious lanes..I know as I was a Geylander during the most of my early years. Near Paya Lebar MRT or City Plaza or Eunos or Malay Village should be fine.)

JMHO.

神龙股侠。
ya lor....i very sad leh....waterbank under D14 lor....wakaka

never mention D1,2,4 and 8 leh....y ar? i tot D1,4 goodie?

thomastansb
22-02-12, 08:54
D15 yield is the worst and you recommend?

JMHO.

神龙股侠。

radha08
22-02-12, 09:27
good to see bro devil plate and the most handsome bro back in forum....does this mean Share market going to crash....:D:D:D....cos seems like during past few weeks sti bull run these 2 bro were mia....:D

devilplate
22-02-12, 09:28
good to see bro devil plate and the most handsome bro back in forum....does this mean Share market going to crash....:D:D:D....cos seems like during past few weeks sti bull run these 2 bro were mia....:D
holiday plus frying stocks mah.....

now free free start to visit showflats and come here TCSS!! wakakakakakaka

land118
22-02-12, 09:30
Welcome Back!:D

radha08
22-02-12, 09:30
getting back to topic...what you think about 3 bedder in ocr say about 900k....near places like UWC in tampines or maybe condo in Simei close to upcoming 4th UNI....would these be a good bet...i been looking and whats holding me back is that mkt is FLOODED with ocr condos for sale...:rolleyes:...so spoilt for choice but prices NOT attractive...

radha08
22-02-12, 09:32
holiday plus frying stocks mah.....

now free free start to visit showflats and come here TCSS!! wakakakakakaka

you come to right place nothing changed some say buy some say sell...but mostly...tcss...:D

Lovelle
22-02-12, 09:33
yo

ur advise came too late. Too many future landlord has sunk their bullet in neverland such as Hillier, Sengkang, punggol..

devilplate
22-02-12, 09:34
getting back to topic...what you think about 3 bedder in ocr say about 900k....near places like UWC in tampines or maybe condo in Simei close to upcoming 4th UNI....would these be a good bet...i been looking and whats holding me back is that mkt is FLOODED with ocr condos for sale...:rolleyes:...so spoilt for choice but prices NOT attractive...
for OCR....buy new launches better if u can wait 3yrs lor....palette at 8xxpsf is a safer bet for example....or see whether u can get dbr at 8xxpsf now? i feel ocr resale is too close to new launches pricing....

y not stretch ur budget abit and look at CCR FH let say the regalia? 3bdr about 13xxpsf and 1.6xmil.....mabe px can drop further.....hehehehe

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8754760/for-sale-the-regalia

NOT MY UNIT HOR! wakakakaka

radha08
22-02-12, 09:39
for OCR....buy new launches better if u can wait 3yrs lor....palette at 8xxpsf is a safer bet for example....or see whether u can get dbr at 8xxpsf now? i feel ocr resale is too close to new launches pricing....

y not stretch ur budget abit and look at CCR FH let say the regalia? 3bdr about 13xxpsf and 1.6xmil.....mabe px can drop further.....hehehehe

wow thats nice...freehold/decent size/decent $$...hmm...

moneytalk
22-02-12, 09:46
wow thats nice...freehold/decent size/decent $$...hmm...

Did you read the feedback of this project in property guru?

devilplate
22-02-12, 09:49
hahah...small rooms? did they compare it with new launches? cannot even put a queen bed lor....LOL

anyway older projects will suffer facade and maintenance problem.....see nxt door urbana.....newer modern.....also beside the same busy road and prices aso much higher

devilplate
22-02-12, 09:53
tats y most ppl still go for new launches despite higher px tag......modern, new new.....smaller space nvm....hehehe

eng81157
22-02-12, 10:07
heh, no need to argue. just received word from agent that the unit has just been sold.

bloody S(*&@O(!#&, someone is trawling this forum for good buys :2cents:

price
22-02-12, 11:15

JMHO.

神龙股侠。

What about D14 kembangan area?

ysyap
22-02-12, 11:20
Think one of the more vibrant areas is in D19... so much is taking place and new launches every other month, for many years already...

My colleague asked me about rental but I can't be too sure so ask here. Also good to know as Landlord... Is there a rule that if tenants approach agent acting for owner to rent the unit, tenants still have to pay that agent commission? I told him no need but that agent seemed determined to get from him. In short, that agent will be getting two times the commission... :rolleyes:

roly8
22-02-12, 11:28
how much cash did you guys start with as newbie landlord?

nowadays, it seem so hard :(

chiaberry
22-02-12, 11:35
Think one of the more vibrant areas is in D19... so much is taking place and new launches every other month, for many years already...

My colleague asked me about rental but I can't be too sure so ask here. Also good to know as Landlord... Is there a rule that if tenants approach agent acting for owner to rent the unit, tenants still have to pay that agent commission? I told him no need but that agent seemed determined to get from him. In short, that agent will be getting two times the commission... :rolleyes:

My tenants these days seem to have engaged their own agents. In fact I don't recall when was the last time I had tenants renting without their own agent. So when it's time for renewal, I pay my agent and the tenants pay their own agents. That's how it's been working for me. Agents win! Not sure how it would be if the tenant had no agent though. Doesn't seem fair for the tenants to have to pay the landlord's agent.

devilplate
22-02-12, 11:41
My tenants these days seem to have engaged their own agents. In fact I don't recall when was the last time I had tenants renting without their own agent. So when it's time for renewal, I pay my agent and the tenants pay their own agents. That's how it's been working for me. Agents win! Not sure how it would be if the tenant had no agent though. Doesn't seem fair for the tenants to have to pay the landlord's agent.
before CEA was formed, tenant nid to pay comm to agts for rental below 2.5k....tat was the market practice although is up to the tenant to nego wif the agt la....

after CEA is formed, ONE agt CANNOT represent both tenant and landlord anymore.....so tenant now either represent themselves and insist no paying of comm or engage another agt and den pay comm lor....but i believe for higher rental ones, tenants still dun hf to pay la.....recently mine 5k rental i pay comm only......my agt share his comm wif the other cobroke tenant's agt

so i believe it all depend on the rental amount....imagine only 2k rental and 1yr lease....landlord only pay 1k comm to his agt.....den how to further split the 1k wif cobroke agt??? each $500? wakakakakakaka

so tenant...sometimes give and take la.....pay abit of comm and let everybody happy la....wakakakakakaka

marktkt22
22-02-12, 13:05
Thanks , blackjack 21 for the fast reply

JMHO.

神龙股侠。

ysyap
22-02-12, 13:19
before CEA was formed, tenant nid to pay comm to agts for rental below 2.5k....tat was the market practice although is up to the tenant to nego wif the agt la....

after CEA is formed, ONE agt CANNOT represent both tenant and landlord anymore.....so tenant now either represent themselves and insist no paying of comm or engage another agt and den pay comm lor....but i believe for higher rental ones, tenants still dun hf to pay la.....recently mine 5k rental i pay comm only......my agt share his comm wif the other cobroke tenant's agt

so i believe it all depend on the rental amount....imagine only 2k rental and 1yr lease....landlord only pay 1k comm to his agt.....den how to further split the 1k wif cobroke agt??? each $500? wakakakakakaka

so tenant...sometimes give and take la.....pay abit of comm and let everybody happy la....wakakakakakakaThank you for clarifying... :cheers5:

radha08
22-02-12, 13:31

i tend to take those reviews with a pinch of salt....someties agetnts got their
own agenda....i trust the forums more....;)

price
22-02-12, 13:57
So any responsible and efficient Agents to recommend if i wanna rent out my place? :)

mcmlxxvi
22-02-12, 14:21
between the 3. d15 of course

mcmlxxvi
22-02-12, 14:24
yo

ur advise came too late. Too many future landlord has sunk their bullet in neverland such as Hillier, Sengkang, punggol..
thats because they dont read this forum!!!!! else they would never buy those silly sillier silliest projects

ChinSengPoh
22-02-12, 15:06
D15 yield is the worst and you recommend?
Hi, am new to this forum. Why D15 yield is the worst?

price
22-02-12, 15:47
Hi, am new to this forum. Why D15 yield is the worst?

Yield = rental p.a. / purchase price

Denominator is high, numerator is not high enough.

CCR
22-02-12, 16:48
i agree dont buy bug units at OCR.... coz the target market mostly upgraders, so they might not have big budgets so your market will be small when you want to sell nxt time

ChinSengPoh
22-02-12, 18:44
Yield = rental p.a. / purchase price

Denominator is high, numerator is not high enough.
So, why is rental p.a not high enough in D15? Is it because there is too much supply? Like The Seaview, Cote Azur etc?

ChinSengPoh
22-02-12, 18:45
thats because they dont read this forum!!!!! else they would never buy those silly sillier silliest projects

Hi mcmlxxvi,
Could you please shed some light as to why you call these silly projects?

mcmlxxvi
23-02-12, 12:22
Hi mcmlxxvi,
Could you please shed some light as to why you call these silly projects?

Overpriced and silly named.

roly8
23-02-12, 13:07
Overpriced and silly named.

every condo are now got at least

water____
sea_____

:tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

ysyap
23-02-12, 13:16
Year of the water dragon.... :D

mcmlxxvi
23-02-12, 13:22

water____
sea_____

Aiya. Should just name one The Seawater!!! Best of both worlds

amk
23-02-12, 13:28
Once upon a time, 20 years ago, FEO's winning naming formula was something along the line of .... "RICH Mansions" ;)

radha08
23-02-12, 14:17
Once upon a time, 20 years ago, FEO's winning naming formula was something along the line of .... "RICH Mansions" ;)

thats when policeman were wearing shorts and i had a lot of hair on my head and NO tummy....:D:D:D

CCR
23-02-12, 17:53

water____
sea_____

Two years ago it was ........ residences..... lol...

The developers really no creatively one.... one do it, all follow...

Mansion then...
Garden..... then
Heights.... then
THE ........ then
lol.....

radha08
24-02-12, 13:50
hows this to buy and rent out...experts advice please...:D

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8873298/for-sale-century-mansions

devilplate
24-02-12, 16:51
hows this to buy and rent out...experts advice please...:D

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8873298/for-sale-century-mansions
not bad...safe bet...but hor the toilets i remember abit small and the pool is just a kid's pool

since 1998 oredi got MM 3bdr liao....woohoo

minority
24-02-12, 17:49
Be vigilant and diligent when buying investment properties !

Properties are not toys or masak masak games you play or go markets and buy.

One wrong move on the start could set you back many years in your pursue of financial freedom.

There are many things to keep in mind when buying Singapore investment properties. One is:

It is better to buy a smaller one in Core Central Region or Regional Central Region ( D9,D10,D11 ) or (D12,D13,D15) than a HUGE one in neverlands.

The rationale being based on the holding power of the owners behind CCR and RCR and the profile of the property demand purchasers.

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

When u say huge. define huge? >2000sqf?

minority
24-02-12, 17:54
yo

Coz they say its good buy! good value!

minority
24-02-12, 17:59

dont have 13xxpsf liao lah...