PDA

View Full Version : Promenade @ Pelikat (Former Pelikat mansion)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Montaigne
23-02-12, 19:30
Patiently waiting for this. Showflat construction going on. Indicative price from agent about $1.2k psf.. seems ok for a FH, near MRT mix dev.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8870265/for-sale-new-launch-pelikat

webber
23-02-12, 21:56
visit the promenade @ pelikat (http://thepromenade-pelikat.com) website

devilplate
23-02-12, 21:59
Oxley leh......

mcmlxxvi
23-02-12, 22:09
ConfirMM... Well i would have named it The Pelican... With two giant statues of such at the entrance...

Montaigne
24-02-12, 07:41
Not really mm, size starts from 409sf, better than those below 400sf which are so common now adays. Just thinking who will patronize those shops lutheran the residences, lorong ah soo center and kovan center are just so nearby.

price
24-02-12, 08:23
Oxley leh......

Bro, whats wrong with oxley

mcmlxxvi
24-02-12, 13:21
Not really mm, size starts from 409sf, better than those below 400sf which are so common now adays. Just thinking who will patronize those shops lutheran the residences, lorong ah soo center and kovan center are just so nearby.
By definition under 50sqm is MM liao lor

mcmlxxvi
09-03-12, 11:43
http://www.developerlaunch.com/the-promenade-pelikat/

mcmlxxvi
09-03-12, 11:48
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/the-promenade-pelikat-21188

164 resi and yikes! 270 shops. Design is typical 'modern' Vibes project style... Omg totally destroy the rustic beauty of the area...

price
10-03-12, 08:22
I dont think the commercial units will do very well in this area?

hyenergix
10-03-12, 22:18
I dont think the commercial units will do very well in this area?

Agree. Human traffic is poor there...

bndreve
12-03-12, 12:06
Hi,

can the bro and sis here enlighten me.

usually for such a development, after TOP
1) how will the estate be manage?
will there be 2 management agent, one for the residential and the other for the commercial? or will there only be one management agent for both residential and commercial?

2) What happen if the commercial is poorly manage and affect the residential value or vice versa? Is it possible?

3) usually how much is the maintenance fee for such a development?

Thanks.

Montaigne
12-03-12, 13:08
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/the-promenade-pelikat-21188

164 resi and yikes! 270 shops. Design is typical 'modern' Vibes project style... Omg totally destroy the rustic beauty of the area...

Not reali destroy, currently, it is "too rustic".

webber
24-03-12, 21:44
"rustic" to hip?

http://thepromenade-pelikat.com/2_gallery/picts/01-The-Promenade-Pelikat-MainNight1-500.jpg (http://thepromenade-pelikat.com)
go to The Promenade @ Pelikat (http://thepromenade-pelikat.com)

price
26-03-12, 11:54
"rustic" to hip?

http://thepromenade-pelikat.com/2_gallery/picts/01-The-Promenade-Pelikat-MainNight1-500.jpg (http://thepromenade-pelikat.com)
go to The Promenade @ Pelikat (http://thepromenade-pelikat.com)

Saw this on Channel 8 many many times last night! :scared-5: Another sellout?

devilplate
26-03-12, 12:05
SO SO CRAMPEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

really like domitories....

price
26-03-12, 13:40
SO SO CRAMPEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

really like domitories....

Maybe thats why the placed the different coloured panels. to "beautify the dorm"

hyenergix
26-03-12, 14:10
I'm not confident of its commercial value. The orig place is v run down n used by old trading shops. Hardly any passer-bys.

price
26-03-12, 14:20
I'm not confident of its commercial value. The orig place is v run down n used by old trading shops. Hardly any passer-bys.

Yea, but seems like any mixed development these days price their FH shops at 2-3++k psf?

Montaigne
26-03-12, 17:39
Floorplan damn efficient.. think 1+study can sell out. Only 5xx- 6xxK.

http://www.huttonsgroup.com/images/brochures/The_Promenade@Pelikat_Full.pdf (http://www.huttonsgroup.com/images/brochures/The_Promenade@Pelikat_Full.pdf)

Montaigne
26-03-12, 17:44
Not too sure abt commercial, but think residential should not have problem selling out. Even PH is efficient in terms of layout. Not all units, but most, i think. Have placed a cheque, but not sure if they can meet my price hohoho...

devilplate
26-03-12, 18:30
if developer managing the shops den still got hope....

Montaigne
26-03-12, 18:36
Mayb after the park connector ready liao things may changed. Tempted to get shop cos pricing ok, but not confident in the crowd. But things may really change.

Montaigne
26-03-12, 18:39
Maybe free can go down take a look at their showflat. Nicely done up.

price
26-03-12, 20:54
Not too sure abt commercial, but think residential should not have problem selling out. Even PH is efficient in terms of layout. Not all units, but most, i think. Have placed a cheque, but not sure if they can meet my price hohoho...

Why didnt u get Millage?

Montaigne
26-03-12, 21:18
Why didnt u get Millage?

Prefer kovan. also like the fact that it is near the park, plus park is ippt friendly. Can enjoy peace few steps away when u need a breather.

Ricade
29-03-12, 22:35
I like this project's cOncept - I think this project has the potential to change the surin Kovan landed area to become more vibrant - just like village@serangoon.

Coupled with the fact that there is no nearby lifestyle mall in that area - and target market of ppl staying in the landed, hdb, as well as minton megaproject - the commercial units have the potential to do well if it pottage the right kind of vibe.

Furthermore, although this project is deep inside the landed area of jalan pelikat, it is also quite close to the main road that is housing ave 1.

Looks quite attractive to me. Hoping that there will be a good anchor tenant to add to the vibe.

hyenergix
29-03-12, 23:06
I like this project's cOncept - I think this project has the potential to change the surin Kovan landed area to become more vibrant - just like village@serangoon.

Coupled with the fact that there is no nearby lifestyle mall in that area - and target market of ppl staying in the landed, hdb, as well as minton megaproject - the commercial units have the potential to do well if it pottage the right kind of vibe.

Furthermore, although this project is deep inside the landed area of jalan pelikat, it is also quite close to the main road that is housing ave 1.

Looks quite attractive to me. Hoping that there will be a good anchor tenant to add to the vibe.

Shoppers with cars will find it a hassle to access.

price
30-03-12, 08:52
I dont think the renewed serangoon village mall is doing very well leh? Every time i'm there the crowd is quite pathetic

Ricade
30-03-12, 12:34
Well maybe the businesses may not be doing so well, but do u see any empty shops in the mall?

I figure the commercial ppty owners must be quite pleased with the full rental occupancy.

The residents staying at serangoon gardens must also be quite happy to have the commercial shops adding some vibrancy into their neighbourhood.

Just my 2 cents worth..

Ricade
30-03-12, 12:45
2 cents worth only coz I am NATO for this project..
Talk only.. No buy yet.

So pls take with a pinch of salt. Tks

Ricade
30-03-12, 16:12
Ok jus came backfrom this project's showflat.. The commercial shops doesn't look so promising after all.

I Imagined it will be a shopping mall kind of project - but from what I see, developer merely sellig the commercial units as 'shops'.

No anchor tenant, no clear demarcation which space to be used for fnb, lifestyle corner. Just purely small cubicles for sale as 'commercial umits'.

What the heck man.. Marketing brochure / artist impression looks damn good.. With vibrant mix of cages, shops.. But seems like this project will turn flat into another Serangoon shopping centre (dead environment) if this is how it's going to be handled.

devilplate
30-03-12, 16:14
how much is their residential mm?

bargain hunter
30-03-12, 16:30
all these small developers out for profits by selling retail shops. all these small commercial/retail/residential mixed developments have unproven track record.

Ok jus came backfrom this project's showflat.. The commercial shops doesn't look so promising after all.

I Imagined it will be a shopping mall kind of project - but from what I see, developer merely sellig the commercial units as 'shops'.

No anchor tenant, no clear demarcation which space to be used for fnb, lifestyle corner. Just purely small cubicles for sale as 'commercial umits'.

What the heck man.. Marketing brochure / artist impression looks damn good.. With vibrant mix of cages, shops.. But seems like this project will turn flat into another Serangoon shopping centre (dead environment) if this is how it's going to be handled.

Ricade
30-03-12, 16:55
pricing not out yet.. 5th april then they know officially.
but agent expected conservatively ard 1450psf.. could be cheaper than that.

geez, totally turned off man if really 1450psf, either that or the agent serving me lousy

:scared-1:

but hey if really 1450, minton owners shd be smiling from ear to ear
:cheers5:

ok maybe really true 1450psf, but with whatever early bird discount that amounts to ard 20%, after discount price (80%) is 1160psf. Not so bad, but still not very attractive for me..

price
30-03-12, 17:07
pricing not out yet.. 5th april then they know officially.
but agent expected conservatively ard 1450psf.. could be cheaper than that.

geez, totally turned off man if really 1450psf, either that or the agent serving me lousy

but hey if really 1450, minton owners shd be smiling from ear to ear
:cheers5:

ok maybe really true 1450psf, but with whatever early bird discount that amounts to ard 20%, after discount price (80%) is 1160psf. Not so bad, but still not very attractive for me..

This is FH leh

devilplate
30-03-12, 17:13
This is FH leh
ya lor...i tink 13xxpsf bah.....similar to casa cambio

Ricade
30-03-12, 17:17
Maybe prices nowadays getting too expensive for me..

devilplate
30-03-12, 17:32
Maybe prices nowadays getting too expensive for me..
i tink u haven been visiting showflats for a long time? since 2yrs ago? :p

since early 2010, such MM FH units oredi selling for 11xxpsf....wakakakaka

Ricade
30-03-12, 18:06
Nah been visiting showflats regularly however never really looked into mm units

Still $1450 for this project is definitely beyond my price point.. :)

price
30-03-12, 23:27
$1450?? i really doubt so lar? unless they are going to TOP next month then maybe.

$1450 now can buy a lot of MM in TK/East coast address leh

Montaigne
31-03-12, 09:55
Should be between 10xxk to 13xxk. imho is a better buy than the next door primo residences. Which has large quantum and unit layout cmi:doh:

mc_007
31-03-12, 14:17
Just went to the showflat.. so super small..only display the 1 bedder.

The agent had very limited knowledge when I ask her questions. Anyway, she told me price not out but the gauge for 1 bedder is from 1200-1400psf but 3 bedder & abv, which they call them Pent house is ard $10xx to $13xx psf.

btw, they have 270 shops but they are all super small. The smallest she showed me is 14sqm..dunno can sell what..lol

Ricade
31-03-12, 17:08
Yup I find the agent who served me is very clueless also.. Nit very happy at all with their service.

Agency better buck up their performance.. Even if it's Huttons but based on current situation they may have a hard time with this project.

hyenergix
31-03-12, 22:23
This one has open-air concept shopping mall*. I'm not sure if this will make it popular with shoppers. The focus is on commerical (as the psf is much higher probably in the range of $2500-4500 psf) and probably the agent is given a higher commission to push for commercial units.

I passed by Primo Residences also. The units near or facing the park are super noisy due to teenagers playing there. Good luck to the owners/tenants.

* I suspect Watertown also has a similar open-air concept mall (anyone can confirm?)

devilplate
31-03-12, 23:16
This one has open-air concept shopping mall*. I'm not sure if this will make it popular with shoppers. The focus is on commerical (as the psf is much higher probably in the range of $2500-4500 psf) and probably the agent is given a higher commission to push for commercial units.

I passed by Primo Residences also. The units near or facing the park are super noisy due to teenagers playing there. Good luck to the owners/tenants.

* I suspect Watertown also has a similar open-air concept mall (anyone can confirm?)
greenwich got

Montaigne
01-04-12, 07:11

Day time noisy still ok. As long as lights off they stop then no issue. Can call police if they still playing when lights off.

price
03-04-12, 08:38
VVIP PREVIEW ON
5TH APRIL 12PM

Selling Points:
Rare mixed commercial and residential development in District 19
Located in Centralised City Fringe
Located in a Neighbourhood of Landed Properties
Easy access to expressways like PIE, KPE and ECP
Easy access to public transport as Kovan MRT is just minutes’ walk away
Minutes’ walk to Heartland Mall
Highly sought after location for both foreigners and locals
Close proximity to eateries and amenities
Close proximity to good educational institutions such as Paya Lebar Methodist Girls’ School, Cedar Girls’ School etc

Best Investment for Investors on Commercial:
- Loan up to 80% (Not affected by existing residential loan)
- Down payment 20%
- Foreigner eligible
- No seller stamp duty: can buy and sell anytime
- High investment & Rental yield
- Best location near future Paya Lebar BizHub
- No ABSD! (Additional Buyer's Stamp Duty)

~ ENJOY EARLY BIRD PREVIEW PRICE! ~

Indicative Price
B1 &B2 Shops PSF: Estimated $2500psf+-
1st Floor Shops PSF: Estimated $3500psf UP
Shops Quantum: From $3xxK Onwards

Typical Residential PSF: Estimated $1200psf UP
Penthouse Residential PSF: Estimated $1000psf UP
Residential Quantum: From $5xxK Onwards

hyenergix
03-04-12, 13:05
Day time noisy still ok. As long as lights off they stop then no issue. Can call police if they still playing when lights off.

Our policemen will be very busy with this rather than working on major crimes...

Anyway I think it is okay for the teenagers to have good clean fun with their friends at the park. It is just poor design on developer's part to site some units facing the park directly.

Finally a subsale in Primo Residences recently.

fan
08-04-12, 15:27
It will b worrying if there r just a handful of commercial units (say less than 30 shops) in this mixed development, don't think can survive. But 270?! But think someone mentioned there's no themes/zones, so may end up rojak. Still, good for the neighboring residents.

edwinleeap
08-04-12, 15:55
It will b worrying if there r just a handful of commercial units (say less than 30 shops) in this mixed development, don't think can survive. But 270?! But think someone mentioned there's no themes/zones, so may end up rojak. Still, good for the neighboring residents.

Actually if the developer plans the use of the shops well, with the right mix, the place can be self-supporting. The worry is when developer is only interested in selling out the shops to any Tom, Dick or Harry...

fan
08-04-12, 21:11
How can the developer not do anything to manage the mix.. What if 270 shops all intend to sell say bubble tea, then how? That will take 9mths to try out all :D

Ricade
08-04-12, 22:13
Heard a supermarket is tying up 67 units with developer. Still in negotiations..

price
09-04-12, 08:49
How can the developer not do anything to manage the mix.. What if 270 shops all intend to sell say bubble tea, then how? That will take 9mths to try out all :D

Drove past the site last weekend, how do they squeeze in 270 retail shops!? :scared-4:

serene33_cps
09-04-12, 10:28
Went for the preview launch. Price quoted on residential was very attractive with 3BR penthouse from $920-$940psf
units are snapped up very fast.

Montaigne
09-04-12, 16:25
Went for the preview launch. Price quoted on residential was very attractive with 3BR penthouse from $920-$940psf
units are snapped up very fast.
Indeed. Way cheaper than expectation. Ph are good buys. Decent layout. Only cons is those facing each other abit too close. I think primo residences owners gonna bang head Lol...the supermarket is sheng shiong fyi.

price
09-04-12, 16:30
Indeed. Way cheaper than expectation. Ph are good buys. Decent layout. Only cons is those facing each other abit too close. I think primo residences owners gonna bang head Lol...the supermarket is sheng shiong fyi.

wow, if there's a sizable supermarket, i think prices of nearby developments will increase too. How's the transport like for this area? nearest MRT is all the way out @ kovan right?

how were the 1 bedders priced?

Montaigne
09-04-12, 16:36
wow, if there's a sizable supermarket, i think prices of nearby developments will increase too. How's the transport like for this area? nearest MRT is all the way out @ kovan right?

how were the 1 bedders priced?
There are no 1 bedder. Only 1+1, Priced from 5xxk to 6xxk. Very decent layout. Freehold, near park, mix Dev, and with sheltered walkway to kovan center and mrt.

price
09-04-12, 18:00
There are no 1 bedder. Only 1+1, Priced from 5xxk to 6xxk. Very decent layout. Freehold, near park, mix Dev, and with sheltered walkway to kovan center and mrt.

any low 5xxk?

Serendipity
09-04-12, 18:01
Primo owners won't bang their heads as majority of those who bought during preview got it for less than $1k/psf for typical units.

I am very interested to know how much is promenade's psf for their 1+1?
Montaigne can advise?
I am vested in Primo thus interested to know how it will affect my pricing.

Glad to hear a supermarket might be coming.
I suppose Montaigne got your unit there.
Congrats on your new purchase!

price
09-04-12, 18:02
Primo owners won't bang their heads as majority of those who bought during preview got it for less than $1k/psf for typical units.

Montaigne can advise?

ur vested thats why u wont :banghead: :D:cheers5:

serene33_cps
09-04-12, 18:05
dun know about their 1+1 pricing...
but their 3+S penthouse 131sqm @ $940psf - SOLD
3+family penthouse 121sqm @$920psf - SOLD
3+study 151sqm @ $830psf - SOLD

Montaigne
09-04-12, 18:13

Montaigne can advise?

1+1 bedder on average around $12xx to $13xxpsf. Initially I thought should be close to casa cambio pricing, surprisingly much Lower. I saw primo floorplans, bigger size but inefficient layout for one bedder as well as 1+1. Large quantum but poor layout. That is my observation. Not trying to talk down primo.

Montaigne
09-04-12, 18:22
Maybe I should say that those who bought primo 3bedder ph will bang head. From the cavests, those bigger size units I suppose are 3bedder Ph mostly in the range of 9xx psf. Ph in general a better buy for tis project.

Serendipity
09-04-12, 19:07
No worries bro, I m not saying u r trying to talk down primo.
Everyone's got their own opinions and I respect their own views and opinions.

I myself loved my parkview and development else I won't hv bought it in the first place. But every project will also hv it's cons as well. Primo's con will be its high maintenance fees and my unit's big balcony.
I hv a 3 bedder there and my balcony is big. The other units all hv acceptable size balconies.
I love balconies as i like to chill and read books there while enjoying the pool and some parkview but i will hv hope for a slightly smaller one. If its just slightly smaller, it'll be perfect.
:cheers4:

1+1 bedder on average around $12xx to $13xxpsf. Initially I thought should be close to casa cambio pricing, surprisingly much Lower. I saw primo floorplans, bigger size but inefficient layout for one bedder as well as 1+1. Large quantum but poor layout. That is my observation. Not trying to talk down primo.

carbuncle
09-04-12, 19:21
No worries bro, I m not saying u r trying to talk down primo.
Everyone's got their own opinions and I respect their own views and opinions.

I myself loved my parkview and development else I won't hv bought it in the first place. But every project will also hv it's cons as well. Primo's con will be its high maintenance fees and my unit's big balcony.
I hv a 3 bedder there and my balcony is big. The other units all hv acceptable size balconies.
I love balconies as i like to chill and read books there while enjoying the pool and some parkview but i will hv hope for a slightly smaller one. If its just slightly smaller, it'll be perfect.
Not trying to be sarcastic.... Place some plants around the balcony perimeter and it will instantly appear smaller... And more cosy.

Serendipity
09-04-12, 21:17
Thanks for suggestion.
I was actually thinking of that too.
Some plants and a really comfortable set of outdoor sofa or daybeds. Haha

Not trying to be sarcastic.... Place some plants around the balcony perimeter and it will instantly appear smaller... And more cosy.

chrisop
14-04-12, 21:43
Hey guys, just bought a unit here today, a commercial space. Finally can realise our dream of setting up a shop. :)

Understand that the commercial units are almost 90% sold. Level 1 is fully sold, Basement 1 still left about 30 odd units. Heard from the agent that the residential units are going to be launched to the public next week.

Is anyone else vested here?

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 21:45
How much is the $psf for commercial unit?
Hey guys, just bought a unit here today, a commercial space. Finally can realise our dream of setting up a shop. :)

Understand that the commercial units are almost 90% sold. Level 1 is fully sold, Basement 1 still left about 30 odd units. Heard from the agent that the residential units are going to be launched to the public next week.

azeoprop
14-04-12, 21:51

Congrats! :cheers4:

chrisop
14-04-12, 21:59
How much is the $psf for commercial unit?

The psf for commercial unit is about $2632 before gst.

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 22:02
Congrats! Wonder how much will be the residential unit?
The psf for commercial unit is about $2632 before gst.

chrisop
14-04-12, 22:07
Congrats! :cheers4:

Hahaha thanks! :cheers4:

Went to bed last night not knowing/thinking that I would actually purchase a shop today and from this place. Would be cool if I actually have the money to purchase a residential unit above. :D But no money liao.

hyenergix
14-04-12, 22:12
Hahaha thanks! :cheers4:

Went to bed last night not knowing/thinking that I would actually purchase a shop today and from this place. Would be cool if I actually have the money to purchase a residential unit above. :D But no money liao.

You bought the shop before hatching a business plan or you already have an existing business and expanding there? The shop sizes are very small and restrictive to many types of trades. I understand F&B outlets have to get another licence/approval from authority.

chrisop
14-04-12, 22:17
Congrats! Wonder how much will be the residential unit?

Thanks DC33_2008! :) Really happy that we finally owned a shop.

I heard from the agent that it is roughly about $1200psf. The only unit in the showroom is a 1 bedder.. really small. But guess ok if it's a single person staying there. The washing machine/dryer is actually placed next to the front door! :beats-me-man: Very odd position, but luckily well hidden.

chrisop
14-04-12, 22:24
You bought the shop before hatching a business plan or you already have an existing business and expanding there? The shop sizes are very small and restrictive to many types of trades. I understand F&B outlets have to get another licence/approval from authority.

Hehe yes we have a business plan. Otherwise wouldn't throw in the money like this. I like it for the fact that I do not have to open shop 7 days a week/12 hours a day.

hyenergix
14-04-12, 22:26
Hehe yes we have a business plan. Otherwise wouldn't throw in the money like this. I like it for the fact that I do not have to open shop 7 days a week/12 hours a day.

U cannot control what others are selling and competing against you. There are just too many shops in this mall, not forgetting the nearby malls and HDB shops.

azeoprop
14-04-12, 22:28
Got 1145 families from Minton to support you! :cheers5:

chrisop
14-04-12, 22:33
U cannot control what others are selling and competing against you. There are just too many shops in this mall, not forgetting the nearby malls and HDB shops.

Yes definitely can't control what others are selling. But my business model is targeting a niche market, so I am not worried about competition. Herein lies the difference. :D

chrisop
14-04-12, 22:36

Hahahahahha! Thank you so much Azeoprop!!! :cheers4: :)

hyenergix, see.... got 1145 families from Minton going to support me already! :D

hyenergix
14-04-12, 22:36
Yes definitely can't control what others are selling. But my business model is targeting a niche market, so I am not worried about competition. Herein lies the difference. :D

In start-ups, always try to cut down on overheads. Wish u success anyway.

chrisop
14-04-12, 22:39
In start-ups, always try to cut down on overheads. Wish u success anyway.

Thanks for your advice and well wishes to my future business! :) :cheers1:

new2mondrian
15-04-12, 00:26
Haha talk about minton... The commercial shops at minton sold to a single buyer even before they were marketed. Powerful...

Chrisop, u were vested at minton right? All the best for your business!

minority
15-04-12, 06:42

Have u been to village in serangoon? Its crowd don't do the place justice. I like it becoz Italy not crowded!doubt some of the shops will survive.

Montaigne
15-04-12, 08:49
Not many ppl prefer to announce being vested in certain projects nowadays for reasons like being slam on your your face etc. some of the forumers here are very mean. They will not spare a thought of those buyers who have already committed a unit and instead of congratulations, they called ppl names like stupid, no brainers etc and said things to cause then regrets and alarm. U just be mentally prepared. Just go and read up those latest launch threads you will understand. having seen so much, I prefer not to announce if I m vested in any project.

Montaigne
15-04-12, 08:57
Knowing that 90% were sold plus there will be a huge super market there, think this place will do well. By june, the park connector should be ready. Residential already more than 50% sold before launched to public. Big units are popular due to low psf considered this is freehold and very walkable to mrt. Comparing price with bliss@kovan, this is considered a steal. What you saw in the showflat is not a one bedder, it's a one plus study. Maybe you didn't know that the space beside the entrance is actually a study room, many thought that it does not belongs to the unit. So adding that space in, it is not that small. Quantum super low for a FH 1+1, from 540k.

chrisop
15-04-12, 10:32
Haha talk about minton... The commercial shops at minton sold to a single buyer even before they were marketed. Powerful...

Chrisop, u were vested at minton right? All the best for your business!

Hi new2mondrian! Yup I'm also vested in Minton. :) Thanks! :cheers4:

That buyer in Minton really power.

price
15-04-12, 12:02
Knowing that 90% were sold plus there will be a huge super market there, think this place will do well. By june, the park connector should be ready. Residential already more than 50% sold before launched to public. Big units are popular due to low psf considered this is freehold and very walkable to mrt. Comparing price with bliss@kovan, this is considered a steal. What you saw in the showflat is not a one bedder, it's a one plus study. Maybe you didn't know that the space beside the entrance is actually a study room, many thought that it does not belongs to the unit. So adding that space in, it is not that small. Quantum super low for a FH 1+1, from 540k.

hey, how long does it take to walk to kovan mrt? how big are their 1+1s? :D:cheers5:

chrisop
15-04-12, 12:37

Haha no wonder! Was wondering how come got 2 living rooms. :p Still feel the unit is too small... I mean for us. We need lots of space for our rubbish. :ashamed1: But in terms of freehold, it's still relatively cheaper than those which are launched around the same time.

carbuncle
15-04-12, 13:06
I think it is excellent buy except I dont really like the tacky colorful screens. Also, so many commercial units. Wonder if next time will have problem in security, maintenance issues etc. Just check out the Mezzo thread...

chrisop
15-04-12, 13:47
hey, how long does it take to walk to kovan mrt? how big are their 1+1s? :D:cheers5:

It seems like quite a long walk to kovan mrt. Haven't tried walking myself.

The 1+1s range from 42-48 sqm. The one in the showflat is 42sqm, if I'm not mistaken.

chrisop
15-04-12, 13:58
Heard from the agent that there's a free shuttle between kovan mrt and promenade for the first year.

Carbuncle, I actually thought the colourful panels look quite cool and really like the look. Hehe :)

Serendipity
15-04-12, 15:17
Congrats Chrisop,

When your shop is ready to open, give me a PM.
I will come support support you since I will be living next door.

Hmm..shuttle bus from Promenade to Kovan MRT?
Is it only for residents of Promenade or for patrons of the shop to Promenade?

If its for patrons, then residents living nearby can take advantage.

I think it will be unfair for residents there if this cost is going to be part of their maintenance fees though it's beneficial to the business there.
So how they put this cost in is debatable depending on whose view u stand from.

Montaigne
15-04-12, 15:43

The 1+1s range from 42-48 sqm. The one in the showflat is 42sqm, if I'm not mistaken.

Actually Walking is faster than taking shutter bus if u know how to walk. Just walk to the park, turn left you walk thru the hdb carpark all the way straight and u see kovan center. Walk along the shops to get to mrt. If it rains, there is this sheltered walkway from the park to kovan center. Exposure to rain or sun is minimal, two mins or so(from your promenade unit to park sheltered walkway, then from end of sheltered walkway you need to cross there road to center)

Montaigne
15-04-12, 15:47

The layout is very good. Squarish, no odd corners/shape. Small it may seems, but efficient. I have seen slightly bigger units but inefficient layout make them look small and cramp.

Montaigne
15-04-12, 15:54
Congrats Chrisop,

I think it will be unfair for residents there if this cost is going to be part of their maintenance fees though it's beneficial. to the business there.
guessed it's for patrons, to encourage more shoppers. good to know that there is free shutter. Don't think it's unfair for resident to pay since they benefit from the free shutter as well if not who pay? The shop owners? Both should bear the cost.

price
15-04-12, 16:25
Haha no wonder! Was wondering how come got 2 living rooms. :p Still feel the unit is too small... I mean for us. We need lots of space for our rubbish. :ashamed1: But in terms of freehold, it's still relatively cheaper than those which are launched around the same time.

But there were many freehold launched cheaper than this if u take the walking distance to mrt in comparison. i.e. the vue and suites @ paya lebar?

Personally, i feel given this pricing Milage was a much much better buy. Why didnt u consider that?

Montaigne
15-04-12, 16:34
But there were many freehold launched cheaper than this if u take the walking distance to mrt in comparison. i.e. the vue and suites @ paya lebar?

Personally, i feel given this pricing Milage was a much much better buy. Why didnt u consider that?
This is actually cheaper than suites@Pl, similar pricing to the vue. nearer to mrt compared to both too. Further more it's mix Dev. At the same time this place not too noisy and far from the heavy traffic.

DC33_2008
15-04-12, 16:41
Any shop large enough over here for tuition centre? An andrew er's tuition centre here will help to bring parents/children to this place.
Heard from the agent that there's a free shuttle between kovan mrt and promenade for the first year.

Carbuncle, I actually thought the colourful panels look quite cool and really like the look. Hehe :)

price
15-04-12, 16:50
This is actually cheaper than suites@Pl, similar pricing to the vue. nearer to mrt compared to both too. Further more it's mix Dev. At the same time this place not too noisy and far from the heavy traffic.

if u take launch price vs launch price i think it's pretty similar :D and + the walk to MRT is to an interchange + mega mall. Yes this mixed development is still attractive! :D :cheers5:

chrisop
16-04-12, 08:48
Congrats Chrisop,

I think it will be unfair for residents there if this cost is going to be part of their maintenance fees though it's beneficial to the business there.

Hi Serendipity, thanks so much for your support! :) Hehe next door as in primo? That's cool!

I would think the shuttle bus is open to all. The commercial units also have to pay maintenance fee. The number of shops outnumbers the number of residential units there, so I would think that just based on votes itself, the majority, which is the commercial standpoint might just be stronger.

chrisop
16-04-12, 08:51
Actually Walking is faster than taking shutter bus if u know how to walk. Just walk to the park, turn left you walk thru the hdb carpark all the way straight and u see kovan center. Walk along the shops to get to mrt. If it rains, there is this sheltered walkway from the park to kovan center. Exposure to rain or sun is minimal, two mins or so(from your promenade unit to park sheltered walkway, then from end of sheltered walkway you need to cross there road to center)

Hehe sounds good, like not too far from your description. I'm still not very familiar with that area but one day will try your route and see how far from the station.

chrisop
16-04-12, 08:57
The layout is very good. Squarish, no odd corners/shape. Small it may seems, but efficient. I have seen slightly bigger units but inefficient layout make them look small and cramp.

Ya the layout seems good cos it's squarish. Easier to utilise the available space to the max.

chrisop
16-04-12, 09:01

Hi price, the main reason is that it's very near to my future home and have no restrictions on the opening/closing hours. :)

chrisop
16-04-12, 09:06
Any shop large enough over here for tuition centre? An andrew er's tuition centre here will help to bring parents/children to this place.

There are a number of big shops sold but dont know the intended business. I guess they would probably buy a few smaller shops side-by-side, knock through the walls to form a tuition centre. That is allowed and heard that many buyers did that.

price
16-04-12, 10:53
Hi price, the main reason is that it's very near to my future home and have no restrictions on the opening/closing hours. :)

Great! :) all the best for ur future biz! :cheers6:

new2mondrian
16-04-12, 11:32
Any restriction on the type of trade??? Otherwise given there are no restrictions to closing hours, can a karaoke pub or china mei mei massage parlor set up shop there too?

blackie
16-04-12, 12:11
All air-con ledges for level 1 and B1 shops are located on the roof top.
So residents staying in the penthouses will suffer?

chrisop
16-04-12, 13:05
Great! :) all the best for ur future biz! :cheers6:

Thanks!! :cheers4:

price
16-04-12, 13:08
Thanks!! :cheers4:
just curious, whats ur biz like? :D so we can all support!

chrisop
16-04-12, 13:16
Any restriction on the type of trade??? Otherwise given there are no restrictions to closing hours, can a karaoke pub or china mei mei massage parlor set up shop there too?

No restriction on the type of trade. Hehe yes it's possible that a karaoke pub or china mei mei massage parlor sets up shop there. But guess the residents would be very concerned if such things are happening right at their void deck.

chrisop
16-04-12, 13:19
just curious, whats ur biz like? :D so we can all support!

Hehe trade secret... You will know when the shop is opened so you can come and support. :)

new2mondrian
16-04-12, 13:31
Hehe trade secret... You will know when the shop is opened so you can come and support. :)
Haha we will come and support u! :) pm us know which shop yah?

price
16-04-12, 16:57

are there many who bought multiple row of shops to cater for bigger businesses??

chrisop
16-04-12, 21:48
Haha we will come and support u! :) pm us know which shop yah?

Haha thanks thanks! :) Will pm you when it's ready. When Minton TOP, this promenade is still building only halfway. They are only going to start construction in June.

chrisop
16-04-12, 21:51
are there many who bought multiple row of shops to cater for bigger businesses??

Yes I think so according to my agent. But didn't reveal what type of business.

Avant
23-04-12, 14:17
What kind of bank loan package you guys used for your shops? Thanks!

dtrax
23-04-12, 14:35
Have you check your mortgage specialist prior to purchasing your commercial unit or you bot it without any loan approval?

chrisop
23-04-12, 18:18
What kind of bank loan package you guys used for your shops? Thanks!

Hi Avant, Congrats on your purchase! :) Which level did you get?

We used a 3-year interest lock-in loan package. For commercial bank loans, the interest rates are definitely much higher than home loans.

Avant
24-04-12, 11:15
I only looked for bankers after putting option fee. I have just received SAP agreement. Have applied serveral banks, so far DBS gave me an approval for 70% loan for its fixed package.
Bought under own name.

Have you check your mortgage specialist prior to purchasing your commercial unit or you bot it without any loan approval?

Avant
24-04-12, 11:28
Yes understand that the interest rates will be higher for commercial bank loans and getting loan itself is also more difficult.

Most of ppl here use UOB's package?
Maybank's package seems not good for this UOC, as its interest starts date is 3 month after letter of offer, is it true? OCBC is similar except the number of months is 6.

What's your package, mind to show me via PM?

Hi Avant, Congrats on your purchase! :) Which level did you get?

We used a 3-year interest lock-in loan package. For commercial bank loans, the interest rates are definitely much higher than home loans.

chrisop
24-04-12, 12:43
Yes understand that the interest rates will be higher for commercial bank loans and getting loan itself is also more difficult.

Most of ppl here use UOB's package?
Maybank's package seems not good for this UOC, as its interest starts date is 3 month after letter of offer, is it true? OCBC is similar except the number of months is 6.

What's your package, mind to show me via PM?

Mine is on B1 too. :cheers4:

I'm using ocbc. Not sure of other bank loan packages cos didn't do any comparison. :o Can probably share some details with you via pm.

Avant
24-04-12, 14:07
Please let me have more details. To me, its Interest Commencement Date and Cancellation are not favorable over others.

Besides rates (I prefer fixed/float compared to sibor-pegged), below are the items most important (to me at least):

LTV (matters as I plan to buy condo 3 years or later)
Interest Commencement Date (determine the effective rate)
One Free Conversion (better than none)
Cancellation Fee (need to pay if not disbursed fully, even after lock in)
Legal Fee Subsidy (Clawback period)
Lock Years (think it is the min period we should stay in)

Mine is on B1 too. :cheers4:

I'm using ocbc. Not sure of other bank loan packages cos didn't do any comparison. :o Can probably share some details with you via pm.

chrisop
01-05-12, 00:04
Please let me have more details. To me, its Interest Commencement Date and Cancellation are not favorable over others.

Besides rates (I prefer fixed/float compared to sibor-pegged), below are the items most important (to me at least):

LTV (matters as I plan to buy condo 3 years or later)
Interest Commencement Date (determine the effective rate)
One Free Conversion (better than none)
Cancellation Fee (need to pay if not disbursed fully, even after lock in)
Legal Fee Subsidy (Clawback period)
Lock Years (think it is the min period we should stay in)

Why are you surprised that I took ocbc loan? I like ocbc best among the local banks. :)

Have pm you the details although there is not much value to compare further with the ocbc package since it's not that good. You should compare those offered by other banks.

Avant
03-05-12, 13:04
Surprised because
(1) cancelation rate is high (2% vs 1.5% of other banks)- no problem if you plan to take 3 yr lock in
(2) interest start date is 6 months after LO.

I fogot the rate that my ocbc banker showed to me on his tablet, but it seems not to be very good either.

Finally found that there are not many choices, plan to take UOB instead of DBS (its 3 yrs fixed rate is quite low)

Why are you surprised that I took ocbc loan? I like ocbc best among the local banks. :)

Have pm you the details although there is not much value to compare further with the ocbc package since it's not that good. You should compare those offered by other banks.

chrisop
08-05-12, 19:26
Surprised because
(1) cancelation rate is high (2% vs 1.5% of other banks)- no problem if you plan to take 3 yr lock in
(2) interest start date is 6 months after LO.

I fogot the rate that my ocbc banker showed to me on his tablet, but it seems not to be very good either.

Finally found that there are not many choices, plan to take UOB instead of DBS (its 3 yrs fixed rate is quite low)

Oh I see... Hehe just hope to faster repay the loan so it wouldn't matter that much.

Why did you choose UOB instead of DBS even though the interest rates at DBS are lower?

Avant
09-05-12, 08:35
next downpayment of the first condo that I plan (to stay in private is not easy nowadays for new comers)

Oh I see... Hehe just hope to faster repay the loan so it wouldn't matter that much.

Why did you choose UOB instead of DBS even though the interest rates at DBS are lower?

Kelonguni
09-05-12, 11:19
dun know about their 1+1 pricing...
but their 3+S penthouse 131sqm @ $940psf - SOLD
3+family penthouse 121sqm @$920psf - SOLD
3+study 151sqm @ $830psf - SOLD

The price difference between the 1+S units quite substantial, maybe more than 10%, dependent on facing.

How's the sales progress? Any other PH available? Anyone knows? :rolleyes:

chrisop
10-05-12, 08:07
next downpayment of the first condo that I plan (to stay in private is not easy nowadays for new comers)

Good for you that you managed to get a good deal. :)

Kelonguni
10-05-12, 12:20
Just visited. Still have selected premium stack PH and 1-bedder available. Some shops also, price seems reasonable.

Good quiet, landed living environment with parks and lots of amenities. Lots of potential. Confirmed that residential units have a carpark.

The only thing is reconcile will be how to smoothen traffic flow if businesses are doing excellently well here. Will the new Masterplan have changes to resolve this?

Very curious about the nature of businesses here. Any clues about the class of business, Avant and Chrisop?

hyenergix
10-05-12, 15:05
Just visited. Still have selected premium stack PH and 1-bedder available. Some shops also, price seems reasonable.

Good quiet, landed living environment with parks and lots of amenities. Lots of potential. Confirmed that residential units have a carpark.

The only thing is reconcile will be how to smoothen traffic flow if businesses are doing excellently well here. Will the new Masterplan have changes to resolve this?

Very curious about the nature of businesses here. Any clues about the class of business, Avant and Chrisop?

I was there n e agent asked me to buy a tiny shop to sell confectionery n coffee. Hmm...:rolleyes:

chrisop
10-05-12, 16:10

Think there's a supermarket there. Haha as for the rest, it's a surprise! I also don't know what kind of business. Just have to wait for them to open then know. :p

carbuncle
10-05-12, 16:16
I was there n e agent asked me to buy a tiny shop to sell confectionery n coffee. Hmm...:rolleyes:
If such a common and no brainer business also nobody doing yet, shudder to think all those who bought intend to open up what kind of trade...

chrisop
10-05-12, 16:34
If such a common and no brainer business also nobody doing yet, shudder to think all those who bought intend to open up what kind of trade...

Hehe nothing to shudder about... The most no one patronised lor. If you are worried "that" kind of business will be set up, then the residents will have even more cause for worry. Do you think that will go unreported?

carbuncle
10-05-12, 18:41
Hehe nothing to shudder about... The most no one patronised lor. If you are worried "that" kind of business will be set up, then the residents will have even more cause for worry. Do you think that will go unreported?

well, one thing for sure, bro yours sure is proper decent business.... :)

Kelonguni
10-05-12, 20:59

Actually hard to say what might come, but there is a lot of similarities in concept to some of the mixed developments in the West. Some of them are doing very well (at least from what I see). Main thing is must maintain good traffic flow. It might benefit from the synergy of the surrounding wet markets, hawker centres and HDB as well. Very unusual spot to be at.

Must punch calculators some more. But if got lots of spare moolah definitely good to buy a residential unit to retire and run a mini cafe downstairs. Everyday ask good friends to come la kopi.

ZeeWee
11-05-12, 00:01
Think there's a supermarket there. Haha as for the rest, it's a surprise! I also don't know what kind of business. Just have to wait for them to open then know. :p

The Sheng Siong deal for Promenade already gone. Those units already opened up for individual sales le

price
11-05-12, 08:42
The Sheng Siong deal for Promenade already gone. Those units already opened up for individual sales le
oh no!! good luck to the entire development then. most of these shops are 1xxsqft only big enough for mama shops/ handphone booth. Now that sheng shiong has pulled out there isnt much the other commercial units can bring.

rattydrama
11-05-12, 09:37

that is bad news... Need anchor tenant to run the show somehow.

price
11-05-12, 11:28
that is bad news... Need anchor tenant to run the show somehow.
yes, with 270 tiny mama shops it will become a forgotten land.

carbuncle
11-05-12, 12:48
yes, with 270 tiny mama shops it will become a forgotten land.

Will become those whichever mrt underground Xchange or mall extension style or far east plaza concept at best, or 女人街 @ pearl ctr at worst...

carbuncle
11-05-12, 12:52
Actually hard to say what might come, but there is a lot of similarities in concept to some of the mixed developments in the West. Some of them are doing very well (at least from what I see). Main thing is must maintain good traffic flow. It might benefit from the synergy of the surrounding wet markets, hawker centres and HDB as well. Very unusual spot to be at.

Must punch calculators some more. But if got lots of spare moolah definitely good to buy a residential unit to retire and run a mini cafe downstairs. Everyday ask good friends to come la kopi.

I dunno abt it, somehow i have a not there feel abt the commercial potential of this place. It is a sleepy laidback town and thats the beauty of the area. To mall-ize it would be so wrong. If its a few laidback enclave of shops like vegan burg at eunos, frankel different taste stretch, even big ben at siglap, that may work. I feel strongly that e moment the shops outnumber the resi by so much, the foundation already wrong big time. I dont have confidence in the commercial aspect of this project, sorry to those vested, but thats how strongly i feel it wnt work out.

price
11-05-12, 13:09
I dunno abt it, somehow i have a not there feel abt the commercial potential of this place. It is a sleepy laidback town and thats the beauty of the area. To mall-ize it would be so wrong. If its a few laidback enclave of shops like vegan burg at eunos, frankel different taste stretch, even big ben at siglap, that may work. I feel strongly that e moment the shops outnumber the resi by so much, the foundation already wrong big time. I dont have confidence in the commercial aspect of this project, sorry to those vested, but thats how strongly i feel it wnt work out.

I do agree with you 100% on this. This entire project was en-bloc for oxley to cash in. Since singaporeans are crazy over "mixed projects" this 1 is mixed + Freehold! sure sellout. These investors are probably non businessmen themselves hence they dont understand the importance of location. yes 7mins to MRT but the human traffic is quite dead here. Turning a place filled with workshops and hardware shops to a 270 min shopping mall is a great challenge.

Moreover, not sure if you've been to the showflat, the units' walkway/corridor (residential and commercial) inside the building (those facing each other) are not sheltered. Shops facing these directions be ready to expect floods during a thunderstorm (don't forget this project is at the foot of a mini "hill"). :2cents:

carbuncle
11-05-12, 13:22
I do agree with you 100% on this. This entire project was en-bloc for oxley to cash in. Since singaporeans are crazy over "mixed projects" this 1 is mixed + Freehold! sure sellout. These investors are probably non businessmen themselves hence they dont understand the importance of location. yes 7mins to MRT but the human traffic is quite dead here. Turning a place filled with workshops and hardware shops to a 270 min shopping mall is a great challenge.

Moreover, not sure if you've been to the showflat, the units' walkway/corridor (residential and commercial) inside the building (those facing each other) are not sheltered. Shops facing these directions be ready to expect floods during a thunderstorm (don't forget this project is at the foot of a mini "hill"). :2cents:

Congestion... Unkempt surroundings... Crowding... Noise.... Smells.... Will be order of the day .... IF the comm really takes off... Which i doubt so.

So more like ghost town on grnd flr and basement... Which is gd in a way for the resi can come down for free aircon.... And patronise the ice cream and bubble tea parlours esp on hot days. Food, convenience, snack shops kiosk style should do reasonably well here. But they cannot b kfc or mac kind as the traffic will not sustain the rent.

Just take a visit to Thomson V Two.... Recently top i think. Tell me if the shops are doing brisk biz...? I mean i really dunno.. Too inconvenient location to check out.

price
11-05-12, 13:36
Congestion... Unkempt surroundings... Crowding... Noise.... Smells.... Will be order of the day .... IF the comm really takes off... Which i doubt so.

So more like ghost town on grnd flr and basement... Which is gd in a way for the resi can come down for free aircon.... And patronise the ice cream and bubble tea parlours esp on hot days. Food, convenience, snack shops kiosk style should do reasonably well here. But they cannot b kfc or mac kind as the traffic will not sustain the rent.

Just take a visit to Thomson V Two.... Recently top i think. Tell me if the shops are doing brisk biz...? I mean i really dunno.. Too inconvenient location to check out.
theres no aircon bro. open concept

carbuncle
11-05-12, 13:41
theres no aircon bro. open concept

Hurrhhhh...... Doomed to fail liao lor like the early days Bugis Junction open air

price
11-05-12, 13:51
Hurrhhhh...... Doomed to fail liao lor like the early days Bugis Junction open air

they say similar to greenwich?

Kelonguni
11-05-12, 14:28
Wow. Thanks for the opinions on this for consideration.

The B2 shops may be good for vehicle maintenance / grooming etc, where the carparks are. B1 and level 1 are really anybody's guesses. IMO, they should have considered what was lacking in the vicinity and created a niche based on that. Maybe like educational and enrichment hub (taking advantage of the landed, attas area) for a UE-square kind of building - that kind of thing seems lacking in Northeast area. Or vehicle accessories building like Sunshine Plaza, sports apparel and shoes like Queensway shopping centre.

Leaving it open-ended leaves too many questions - might turn out like current Bukit Timah / Beauty World shopping centre at worst.

Yah need some kind of anchor tenant like NTUC, Sheng Siong, Shop n Save at least.

The shop owners should sit down and discuss what they want this to be. Lots of potential, but there are also possibilities to be untapped potential at worst.:scared-2:

Actually also depends on facing. Some facing might do well, hence the difference in prices between similar sized units is quite marked.

Maybe the developer has already recouped and earned on the residential?

rattydrama
11-05-12, 14:43
residence is above workshop, you can imagine the tenant profile.

I imagine having rows of hair dressing saloons to service the residences there. This kind of business could substain or pizza takeaway.

hyenergix
11-05-12, 14:45
If SS also fears to venture, it prob is too dangerous.

Ricade
11-05-12, 14:50
i was one of the interested investors for a commercial unit here..

but after going down to their showflat and carefully examining the building model, the commercial unit plan seems to be too vague for me.

If developer tied down some anchor tenant before hand and properly plan the commercial unit mix, then probably stand a better chance of prospering.

But as things are, developer is very hand off ish abt the commercial unit plan. skali turns out that all the units are either mamashop or lighting stores.. haha :doh:

carbuncle
11-05-12, 14:50
they say similar to greenwich?

Is greenwich v happening? Have u actually been there to look?

carbuncle
11-05-12, 14:52

The B2 shops may be good for vehicle maintenance / grooming etc, where the carparks are. B1 and level 1 are really anybody's guesses. IMO, they should have considered what was lacking in the vicinity and created a niche based on that. Maybe like educational and enrichment hub (taking advantage of the landed, attas area) for a UE-square kind of building - that kind of thing seems lacking in Northeast area. Or vehicle accessories building like Sunshine Plaza, sports apparel and shoes like Queensway shopping centre.

Leaving it open-ended leaves too many questions - might turn out like current Bukit Timah / Beauty World shopping centre at worst.

Yah need some kind of anchor tenant like NTUC, Sheng Siong, Shop n Save at least.

The shop owners should sit down and discuss what they want this to be. Lots of potential, but there are also possibilities to be untapped potential at worst.:scared-2:

Actually also depends on facing. Some facing might do well, hence the difference in prices between similar sized units is quite marked.

Edu and tuition hub alredy at heartland mall at kovan mrt somemore. Xtension concept small trendy shops also got in side wing of it. What else u want here? Massage parlors to take over the Highland Road biz?? Wakakakaka

Dont get me wrong. The resi definitely a good buy. AS LONG not encumbranced by the problems and lacking of the commercial part in future.... Otw kena dragged into the maintenance etc never ending shiit hole.....

Kelonguni
11-05-12, 15:07
If SS also fears to venture, it prob is too dangerous.

Maybe psf wise is too high for SS to commit. They need large area for business, probably not FH land, too expensive for them.

Nonetheless since FH mixed I think the value certainly can be sustained. And maintenance for the moment seems fair for 1-bedder at below $200. But what to sell for comm units? A million-dollar question.

Just for curiosity, can residential units in a mixed development building be used for business as well? PSF much lower!

price
11-05-12, 15:30

if i was buying the residential units, i'd have waited till now that Shengsiong pulling out before making a decision.

anyway the shops are all too small to fit any vehicle technician shops?

carbuncle
11-05-12, 15:45
if i was buying the residential units, i'd have waited till now that Shengsiong pulling out before making a decision.

anyway the shops are all too small to fit any vehicle technician shops?

I think he meant car wash/polish

Even so, driving into that cul de sac is no joy...

price
11-05-12, 16:05
Is greenwich v happening? Have u actually been there to look?
never been there leh.. drive there waste fuel

price
11-05-12, 16:14
Maybe psf wise is too high for SS to commit. They need large area for business, probably not FH land, too expensive for them.

Nonetheless since FH mixed I think the value certainly can be sustained. And maintenance for the moment seems fair for 1-bedder at below $200. But what to sell for comm units? A million-dollar question.

Just for curiosity, can residential units in a mixed development building be used for business as well? PSF much lower!
Maintenance fees are low because no security, no BBQ pits, no facilities. Thats what the agents told me. Only a puny little pool, a gym size of a toilet, and a carpark lot. The agents were saying if u want the maintenance fees to go even lower u can give up on the single carpark lot allocated to u!:scared-1:

Avant
11-05-12, 17:18
Didn't expect that SS surper market is out after I heard that deposit put already (think that it is because the
price or other terms not agreed). Dispointing news.

Besides anchor tenant, the human traffic must be improved. One obvious solution is to construct the link to hougang avenue 1, at the boundary of the hougang avenue 1 park. In the best scenario, URA already had this consideration when it approved developer's building plan - gov is also as eager to add value to their land.

Otherwise, promenade owners (and althergeth with others from nearby private condo/houses) will have to petetion gov for it. Think that majority of them wish to change the current non-active status of the area, for adding value as well as their own convenience.

Kelonguni
11-05-12, 17:37
SS seldom located in attas area, usually HDB...

http://www.shengsiong.com.sg/pages/Store-Locator.html

Expect Cold Storage to be more keen in such area.

chrisop
11-05-12, 20:34
So sad no supermarket now. It would have been so convenient to have one close by... can pop in anytime to buy fresh fruits and tidbits etc. :(

Kelonguni
11-05-12, 20:50
So sad no supermarket now. It would have been so convenient to have one close by... can pop in anytime to buy fresh fruits and tidbits etc. :(

Pat pat... Anyway, not a small development by any means. Something will grow out of it. Just how it may grow makes people ponder. Maybe some specialist clinics (dermatology), comics shops, Sakae Sushi, mid-end Jap/Korea/fusion restaurants will be good, although may not be not unique enough to draw large crowds. Singaporeans love to eat so if the food is good (good buffet ones), sure got subscribers. Confirm got tidbits shops, fruits can get from markets nearby. Just too many possibilities but have to wait till it's opened to get an idea.

Residential prices still very appealing based on current prices. Swimming pool and gym not a concern for me actually, prefer jogging longer distances (but actually also rarely muster enough morale to exercise anyway). Most likely hope not to drive when retire as well, can "sell" carpark lot. So quite ideal for me when retire haha... I only need to lie on bed and use computer / handphone. So small space is great!

Time to have more discounts on the prices!

chrisop
12-05-12, 09:19
Pat pat... Anyway, not a small development by any means. Something will grow out of it. Just how it may grow makes people ponder. Maybe some specialist clinics (dermatology), comics shops, Sakae Sushi, mid-end Jap/Korea/fusion restaurants will be good, although may not be not unique enough to draw large crowds. Singaporeans love to eat so if the food is good (good buffet ones), sure got subscribers. Confirm got tidbits shops, fruits can get from markets nearby. Just too many possibilities but have to wait till it's opened to get an idea.

Residential prices still very appealing based on current prices. Swimming pool and gym not a concern for me actually, prefer jogging longer distances (but actually also rarely muster enough morale to exercise anyway). Most likely hope not to drive when retire as well, can "sell" carpark lot. So quite ideal for me when retire haha... I only need to lie on bed and use computer / handphone. So small space is great!

Thanks Kelonguni! :) Let's hope for better news. Hope you can get your choice unit at a good price with more discounts.

Montaigne
12-05-12, 10:03

There is a Park connector just infront of PM. A park just beside too. Good for your jog.

carbuncle
12-05-12, 10:29
» Strata-shop sales last year a
record $661m
Straits Times: Sat, May 12
THE strata-shop segment is
roaring.
Brisk sales totalled a record $661
million last year, partly driven by
residential cooling measures that
have diverted funds to non-
residential properties.
Analysis of caveats lodged with
the Urban Redevelopment
Authority by R'ST Research
found a total of 615 strata-shop
units transacted last year - just
under the record 632 strata
shops totalling $656 million sold
in 2010.
Sim Lim Square topped the
charts with 33 strata-shop units
changing hands, followed by
Icon @ Changi with 29 units and
Space @ Kovan with 28 deals
inked.
R'ST Research director Ong Kah
Seng said that a record number
of 161 strata shops were sold on
the primary market due to a
slew of attractive new launches.
The robust demand also comes
on the back of a dearth of new
strata-shop projects in recent
years, with many existing strata
shops currently in older malls
such as Peninsular Plaza,
People's Park Centre and Lucky
Plaza.
The ample supply of newer
choices on the market has
attracted more interest, leading
to the resale market taking a hit
with volumes slowing by 9 per
cent last year, compared to
Mr Ong noted that the
popularity of strata shops is
partly due to the slew of cooling
measures in the housing market,
which introduced tighter
financing rules and additional
stamp duties.
Investors were prompted to look
towards alternative real estate
investments to park their cash
instead, in the light of rock-
bottom bank interest rates.
'(Strata shops) remain limited in
supply, suggesting there may be
possible long-term upside, or
alternatively, potential for en
bloc redevelopment in selected
ageing strata-commercial
properties,' Mr Ong added.
'Rising business costs have also
led to some retailers buying
strata shops to have more
certainty in running costs.'
Higher demand for strata-shop
units continued in the first three
months of the year, with 107
units sold by developers - the
highest level in almost 10 years.
This could be due to prices in
the strata-industrial segment
rocketing, leading to investors
turning their eye to the strata-
shop and strata-office segments
instead, Mr Ong said.
However, the smaller size and
more affordable price of shop
space has seen the sector gain
more in popularity compared to
office space.
But he cited as a key concern
the lack of overall control in the
running of strata-titled malls,
compared to a single- owner
mall where concerted effort is
made to manage the tenant mix.
'As strata-shop users have the
freedom to operate their
business according to their liking,
the overall desired vibrancy of
the retail development cluster
may not be achieved... There
may be duplications and
competition in services and retail
offerings within the same
development,' he noted.
Still, although there are concerns
of speculation in the strata-shop
segment, Mr Ong emphasised
that these are not as pressing as
worries of speculative froth in
the strata-industrial market and
are unlikely to trigger cooling
measures.
This is because high industrial
property prices have a trickle-
down impact on the business
costs of small and medium- sized
enterprises.
'(On the other hand), serious
retailers generally have the
option of being located in a
single-owner mall, which is also
likely to be better conceptualised
than a strata-shop ownership
development.'
He added that the prospects for
new strata shops remain positive,
though only if speculative activity
is kept in check or moderated.
For buyers of older strata shops,
however, the main concern is for
the upkeep of the ageing
property.
While some of these shops may
still offer niche services, strata-
titled malls might have already
lost their relevance with modern
shopping in Singapore's fast-
changing retail landscape.
[email protected]
Source: The Straits Times ©
Singapore Press Holdings Ltd.

Kelonguni
12-05-12, 10:42
» Strata-shop sales last year a
record $661m
Straits Times: Sat, May 12
THE strata-shop segment is
roaring.
Brisk sales totalled a record $661
million last year, partly driven by
residential cooling measures that
have diverted funds to non-
residential properties.
Analysis of caveats lodged with
the Urban Redevelopment
Authority by R'ST Research
found a total of 615 strata-shop
units transacted last year - just
under the record 632 strata
shops totalling $656 million sold
in 2010.
Sim Lim Square topped the
charts with 33 strata-shop units
changing hands, followed by
Icon @ Changi with 29 units and
Space @ Kovan with 28 deals
inked.
R'ST Research director Ong Kah
Seng said that a record number
of 161 strata shops were sold on
the primary market due to a
slew of attractive new launches.
The robust demand also comes
on the back of a dearth of new
strata-shop projects in recent
years, with many existing strata
shops currently in older malls
such as Peninsular Plaza,
People's Park Centre and Lucky
Plaza.
The ample supply of newer
choices on the market has
attracted more interest, leading
to the resale market taking a hit
with volumes slowing by 9 per
cent last year, compared to
Mr Ong noted that the
popularity of strata shops is
partly due to the slew of cooling
measures in the housing market,
which introduced tighter
financing rules and additional
stamp duties.
Investors were prompted to look
towards alternative real estate
investments to park their cash
instead, in the light of rock-
bottom bank interest rates.
'(Strata shops) remain limited in
supply, suggesting there may be
possible long-term upside, or
alternatively, potential for en
bloc redevelopment in selected
ageing strata-commercial
properties,' Mr Ong added.
'Rising business costs have also
led to some retailers buying
strata shops to have more
certainty in running costs.'
Higher demand for strata-shop
units continued in the first three
months of the year, with 107
units sold by developers - the
highest level in almost 10 years.
This could be due to prices in
the strata-industrial segment
rocketing, leading to investors
turning their eye to the strata-
shop and strata-office segments
instead, Mr Ong said.
However, the smaller size and
more affordable price of shop
space has seen the sector gain
more in popularity compared to
office space.
But he cited as a key concern
the lack of overall control in the
running of strata-titled malls,
compared to a single- owner
mall where concerted effort is
made to manage the tenant mix.
'As strata-shop users have the
freedom to operate their
business according to their liking,
the overall desired vibrancy of
the retail development cluster
may not be achieved... There
may be duplications and
competition in services and retail
offerings within the same
development,' he noted.
Still, although there are concerns
of speculation in the strata-shop
segment, Mr Ong emphasised
that these are not as pressing as
worries of speculative froth in
the strata-industrial market and
are unlikely to trigger cooling
measures.
This is because high industrial
property prices have a trickle-
down impact on the business
costs of small and medium- sized
enterprises.
'(On the other hand), serious
retailers generally have the
option of being located in a
single-owner mall, which is also
likely to be better conceptualised
than a strata-shop ownership
development.'
He added that the prospects for
new strata shops remain positive,
though only if speculative activity
is kept in check or moderated.
For buyers of older strata shops,
however, the main concern is for
the upkeep of the ageing
property.
While some of these shops may
still offer niche services, strata-
titled malls might have already
lost their relevance with modern
shopping in Singapore's fast-
changing retail landscape.
[email protected]
Source: The Straits Times ©
Singapore Press Holdings Ltd.

Great article with many good points raised, especially the one about single owner vs strata-titled malls and vibrancy. Nature of businesses are changing much. Not easy to run many types of sustainable businesses in SG. So much change in the retail landscape over the last 30 years. Internet and large retail chains influencing as well. Unless have very good idea - actually I believe many ideas can survive and earn, but really prosper not easy.

Kelonguni
12-05-12, 10:43
Thanks Kelonguni! :) Let's hope for better news. Hope you can get your choice unit at a good price with more discounts.

Thanks Chrisop, newspaper says from 547K, the agent says 580K +-, still quite discrepant.

Kelonguni
12-05-12, 10:45
There is a Park connector just infront of PM. A park just beside too. Good for your jog.

Thanks Montaigne, walking/hiking around landed property also quite nice.

carbuncle
12-05-12, 11:34
Great article with many good points raised, especially the one about single owner vs strata-titled malls and vibrancy. Nature of businesses are changing much. Not easy to run many types of sustainable businesses in SG. So much change in the retail landscape over the last 30 years. Internet and large retail chains influencing as well. Unless have very good idea - actually I believe many ideas can survive and earn, but really prosper not easy.
Just wanna bring you guys attention to the part on strata titled mall development not easy to manage...

carbuncle
12-05-12, 11:36
Thanks Chrisop, newspaper says from 547K, the agent says 580K +-, still quite discrepant.
Newspaper one should be the lowest floor worst facing... Or face substation or rubbish chute. This is called Marketing.

price
12-05-12, 11:37
Just wanna bring you guys attention to the part on strata titled mall development not easy to manage...
I still think this project gone case. no more super market, became a pure 270 mini shops mall.

hyenergix
12-05-12, 13:15
Location is decent for residential. Developer got greedy to sell shops because psf is higher. I think buyers of shops migjt b in trouble when it TOP with so many tiny shops competing for tenants n customers.

price
12-05-12, 13:28
Location is decent for residential. Developer got greedy to sell shops because psf is higher. I think buyers of shops migjt b in trouble when it TOP with so many tiny shops competing for tenants n customers.

though price is ok for residential, the entire facade is destroyed

chrisop
12-05-12, 13:40
Hehe somehow I'm not at all worried about being in trouble just because there's no supermarket. Not depending on supermarket to bring in the crowds to my shop. Don't know about other business.

chrisop
12-05-12, 13:42
It's definitely good to have a supermarket nearby for our convenience. But I don't think it's a make or break for any mall. Last time ten mile junction has a supermarket but so what? Also no one.

carbuncle
12-05-12, 13:48
Hehe somehow I'm not at all worried about being in trouble just because there's no supermarket. Not depending on supermarket to bring in the crowds to my shop. Don't know about other business.
I know what shop you opening liao. Singapore Pools. Huat ah!!!!!

price
12-05-12, 14:00
i heard to franchise u need 500k

carbuncle
12-05-12, 14:01
i heard to franchise u need 500k
He sound rich and confident. Plus small shop more than enough for that.

chrisop
12-05-12, 14:01

Hahahahaha! That's a good one! Huat ar! :cool1:

price
12-05-12, 14:08
Hahahahaha! That's a good one! Huat ar! :cool1:
all the best chrisop! u should open 1 near palette! many forum ppl are discussing about 4D there.

Kelonguni
12-05-12, 14:18

I heard franchisee rights is 1million. But confirmed business from landed, HDB and condo. Sure earn big!

property_finder
12-05-12, 22:14
The design of the 1-bedder is generally efficient. However, the aircon ledge is located inside the Master bedroom.

Wouldn't it be noisy to sleep beside the compressor in the quiet of night, and will aircon compressor maintenance dirty the bedroom furnishings?

carbuncle
12-05-12, 23:08
The design of the 1-bedder is generally efficient. However, the aircon ledge is located inside the Master bedroom.

Wouldn't it be noisy to sleep beside the compressor in the quiet of night, and will aircon compressor maintenance dirty the bedroom furnishings?
With good soundproof windows, you wont hear a thing. Assuming the windows are fully shut when ac on.

price
13-05-12, 00:12
With good soundproof windows, you wont hear a thing. Assuming the windows are fully shut when ac on.
the entire project is surrounded by weird coloured panels. exactly the same as their PRESTO and Vibes @ Serangoon. Is that oxley's new fashion?

carbuncle
13-05-12, 00:37
the entire project is surrounded by weird coloured panels. exactly the same as their PRESTO and Vibes @ Serangoon. Is that oxley's new fashion?
Affirmative. Church stained glass effect for that heavenly feel...

property_finder
13-05-12, 02:20

The compressor is housed under the bay window inside the Master bedroom. It is not outside the bedroom. Therefore, keeping the windows shut does not matter as any noise generated is from inside the room.

And the bay window is quite small to house a system 3, so I assume the BTU will be smaller??

carbuncle
13-05-12, 03:56
The compressor is housed under the bay window inside the Master bedroom. It is not outside the bedroom. Therefore, keeping the windows shut does not matter as any noise generated is from inside the room.

And the bay window is quite small to house a system 3, so I assume the BTU will be smaller??
Visit Airstream for viewing and see/hear for yourself...

DC33_2008
13-05-12, 07:21
Problem with singapore pool is difficult to raise their rent. Tuition centre is not bad.

hyenergix
13-05-12, 08:19
If the mall doesn't succeed, I'm not sure who is going to pay for the hefty maintenance. The place might look pretty run down in 3-4 years' time after TOP.

DC33_2008
13-05-12, 08:25
If the mall doesn't succeed, I'm not sure who is going to pay for the hefty maintenance. The place might look pretty run down in 3-4 years' time after TOP.
Mall will need reits strategies like continuous event & promotion to bring people in. Otherwise difficult to survive unless like Thomson with lot of tuition centre to bring parents there to drink kopi & shop.

hyenergix
13-05-12, 08:29
Mall will need reits strategies like continuous event & promotion to bring people in. Otherwise difficult to survive unless like Thomson with lot of tuition centre to bring parents there to drink kopi & shop.

There are too many malls sprouting up in the suburbs. Prob the only people really making money are the landlords who bought the shops more than 10 years ago. The current surge in investors' interest in shops seem to be due to CMs in residential properties.

Have you bought shop(s) in this project?

DC33_2008
13-05-12, 08:32
There are too many malls sprouting up in the suburbs. Prob the only people really making money are the landlords who bought the shops more than 10 years ago. The current surge in investors' interest in shops seem to be due to CMs in residential properties.

Have you bought shop(s) in this project?
Considered but not now. Too crazy price now. Invested overseas.

Kanarazu
13-05-12, 08:43
Affirmative. Church stained glass effect for that heavenly feel...
The vertical lines repeat at a frequency ranging from 3 to 7 to create a visual randomness yet some form of structured design. The horizontal lines have no such pattern and looks completely random. Overall look is modern but perhaps with the passing of time it will look dated as with any fashion.

price
13-05-12, 09:22
Problem with singapore pool is difficult to raise their rent. Tuition centre is not bad.
dont think any of the 270 shops can fit a tuition centre. unless a few shops combined?

Kelonguni
13-05-12, 11:08
Interestingly, shops near MRT have high rentals, but not necessarily good business. How is the price of commercial units compared to other commercial units? Just understand for knowledge.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_798448.html

rattydrama
13-05-12, 11:26
i was one of the interested investors for a commercial unit here..

but after going down to their showflat and carefully examining the building model, the commercial unit plan seems to be too vague for me.

If developer tied down some anchor tenant before hand and properly plan the commercial unit mix, then probably stand a better chance of prospering.

But as things are, developer is very hand off ish abt the commercial unit plan. skali turns out that all the units are either mamashop or lighting stores.. haha :doh:

Need a very brave heart to committ. My 2cents. The savings grace is its a fh property and layout is good for residential unit. 600m is not exactly near mrt thou.

rattydrama
13-05-12, 11:29

For my mix development have to pay 2 maintenance funds albeit the commercial part is a portion of it.

rattydrama
13-05-12, 11:37

It's humming noise should get use to it. Anyway can also close the window.

rattydrama
13-05-12, 11:59

the weired colurful panels are quite common now in recent years. Its actually cheaper to have them and tats why developer are replicating this concept. Its actually aluminium panels.:D

I think if not wrong, it could be changed/replaced after sometime to create a different concept.

If place nicely we can have something like illuma @ bugis.

chweegrace
13-05-12, 12:21
Anyway do you guys think the sheng siong ever has reserved the shop at level one ? Or it is just a gimmicks by the developer and the agent?

carbuncle
13-05-12, 13:12
The vertical lines repeat at a frequency ranging from 3 to 7 to create a visual randomness yet some form of structured design. The horizontal lines have no such pattern and looks completely random. Overall look is modern but perhaps with the passing of time it will look dated as with any fashion.
Omg. You really analysed the pattern. Are you an engineer? Do you wanna join my Top Eligible Bachelor contest here? Single, below 55, owns multiple properties

Kanarazu
13-05-12, 13:34
Omg. You really analysed the pattern. Are you an engineer? Do you wanna join my Top Eligible Bachelor contest here? Single, below 55, owns multiple properties

Im not a Er and I'm not eligible either. Bachelor degree can or not?

carbuncle
13-05-12, 13:58
Im not a Er and I'm not eligible either. Bachelor degree can or not?
Tons around, that. Hey, if you engineer, really can put Er before your name?? People with that surname how. Er Er....?

Kanarazu
13-05-12, 14:05
Tons around, that. Hey, if you engineer, really can put Er before your name?? People with that surname how. Er Er....?

I think you need to be really distinguished in the engineering field to qualify. Such as buyer of 04-08. Btw she got her PhD lately.Capable lady.

carbuncle
13-05-12, 14:09
I think you need to be really distinguished in the engineering field to qualify. Such as buyer of 04-08. Btw she got her PhD lately.Capable lady.
She does come across as tough cookie. Good good... Blast off the MPs who clamp down on MM...

property_finder
13-05-12, 14:31
Edu and tuition hub alredy at heartland mall at kovan mrt somemore. Xtension concept small trendy shops also got in side wing of it. What else u want here? Massage parlors to take over the Highland Road biz?? Wakakakaka

Dont get me wrong. The resi definitely a good buy. AS LONG not encumbranced by the problems and lacking of the commercial part in future.... Otw kena dragged into the maintenance etc never ending shiit hole.....

I read in this thread and elsewhere that there could be issues in the maintenance fees and other issues in mixed developments.

Please elaborate what are they and how do they affect the residential units?

Thanks.

carbuncle
13-05-12, 14:34
I read in this thread and elsewhere that there could be issues in the maintenance fees and other issues in mixed developments.

Please elaborate what are they and how do they affect the residential units?

Thanks.
Pls check out The Mezzo thread.

property_finder
13-05-12, 14:59
Pls check out The Mezzo thread.
Thanks, the Mezzo is mostly about carpark issues and sharing of facilities with commercial units.

I was thinking formixed development projects where commercial units are more than residential units, could the commercial unit owners somehow band together and pressure the residential owners with regards to maintenance and other fees/issues as their shares will be higher?

carbuncle
13-05-12, 16:22
Thanks, the Mezzo is mostly about carpark issues and sharing of facilities with commercial units.

I was thinking formixed development projects where commercial units are more than residential units, could the commercial unit owners somehow band together and pressure the residential owners with regards to maintenance and other fees/issues as their shares will be higher?

I have no experience in this area sorry. But it does sound by logic likely to appear. Usually this translates to higher maint cost as the comm common areas are much more high traffic and prone to wear n tear. With comm owners as majority stake, they have a bigger say in approving the costs for such.

Kelonguni
13-05-12, 17:40

I suspect they do have some kind of possibility of voting for changes as well. But it's also possible that there might be some stakeholders who have stakes in both residential and commercial. It does not make sense to divide them into opposing entities - makes more sense if they work together to make the project work (everybody's advantage). The residents are also likely to be the comm units' customers as well, doesn't make sense to generate negative PR.

kale
13-05-12, 23:12
Read some post that comm shops in 1st fl are in open concept or non air-conditioned, wouldn't it look like a hdb plaza with residential units in 2nd n 3rd fl? In addition, it can be quite rowdy n noisy to the residents too.

property_finder
14-05-12, 00:32
Agree. It will be noisy, especially those units above escalators/entrance, and cafe (if there is one).

fan
14-05-12, 01:20
n there is no stopping cafe etc to operate 24/7 rite? Noise issue can b serious

Kelonguni
14-05-12, 11:02
Agree. It will be noisy, especially those units above escalators/entrance, and cafe (if there is one).

Yah two ends of fear - either too busy (noise) or too quiet (no business). In all likelihood, either extreme seems unlikely.

Well, I suppose investors and home owners will have to judge for themselves the viability, costs, potential etc... I am sure that in SG there is no such thing as close to amenities, FH, big, very quiet, MRT nearby or below, excellent and top-of-the-end facilities, low maintenance, no worries about maintenance and building growing old, cheap (below $1Kpsf for MM and below $800psf for large units), celebrities' choice, low rise, with parks and park connectors nearby, no chance of flooding, excellent and efficient interior design, close proximity to city and the business hubs etc etc... The list of criteria is never ending.

If there is one such place, don't announce here! Please PM me to snatch immediately.

Authorities in SG take feedback very seriously and businesses have been known to shut down due to residents' feedback (such as in Yio Chu Kang). I would personally not worry about noise if I am a resident. The landed owners at ground floor will definitely complain first. :spliff:

DC33_2008
14-05-12, 11:14
There are such developments fulfilling at least 90% of your specs. Not new but resale. It is for you to find out as it is thrill of being a property investors.
Yah two ends of fear - either too busy (noise) or too quiet (no business). In all likelihood, either extreme seems unlikely.

Well, I suppose investors and home owners will have to judge for themselves the viability, costs, potential etc... I am sure that in SG there is no such thing as close to amenities, FH, big, very quiet, MRT nearby or below, excellent and top-of-the-end facilities, low maintenance, no worries about maintenance and building growing old, cheap (below $1Kpsf for MM and below $800psf for large units), celebrities' choice, low rise, with parks and park connectors nearby, no chance of flooding, excellent and efficient interior design, close proximity to city and the business hubs etc etc... The list of criteria is never ending.

If there is one such place, don't announce here! Please PM me to snatch immediately.

Authorities in SG take feedback very seriously and businesses have been known to shut down due to residents' feedback (such as in Yio Chu Kang). I would personally not worry about noise if I am a resident. The landed owners at ground floor will definitely complain first. :spliff:

Kelonguni
14-05-12, 11:43
There are such developments fulfilling at least 90% of your specs. Not new but resale. It is for you to find out as it is thrill of being a property investors.

Haha another new criteria after your post - it must be new. Keke, Singaporeans hard to satisfy - I think HDB the best, can meet most criteria except not freehold. The best housing in Singapore.

carbuncle
14-05-12, 12:44
Read some post that comm shops in 1st fl are in open concept or non air-conditioned, wouldn't it look like a hdb plaza with residential units in 2nd n 3rd fl? In addition, it can be quite rowdy n noisy to the residents too.
所以请别买面向内的。

DC33_2008
14-05-12, 12:48
But owners are only lessee (sounds like lassie the odd). Beware, No more upgrading.
Haha another new criteria after your post - it must be new. Keke, Singaporeans hard to satisfy - I think HDB the best, can meet most criteria except not freehold. The best housing in Singapore.

price
14-05-12, 13:55
i cant imagine if the 270 shops owners are the kiasu type and uses the tiny swimming pool/gym. the residential owners will :doh:

carbuncle
14-05-12, 14:01
i cant imagine if the 270 shops owners are the kiasu type and uses the tiny swimming pool/gym. the residential owners will :doh:
这可能性是蛮高的!!!

property_finder
14-05-12, 16:58

How do you guys feel about those purely commercial properties with pools? If you own such a unit, are you fine with sharing the pool with the the labourers/production workers (some could them could be foregin workers).

price
14-05-12, 18:58
How do you guys feel about those purely commercial properties with pools? If you own such a unit, are you fine with sharing the pool with the the labourers/production workers (some could them could be foregin workers).
if the commercial units are limited it is okay. Usually most of the mixed Freehold developments so far are a handful of units with 4 levels of residential units. but this has 3 levels of commercial units and lesser residential units. Who end up using the facilities more? Of course if you have a mega project like WT it's different. the units are not sold.

rattydrama
14-05-12, 19:06
they should not be allowed to use in the first place.

price
14-05-12, 19:46
they should not be allowed to use in the first place.
sadly they are. just like millage.

chrisop
14-05-12, 20:54
sadly they are. just like millage.

Confirmed... the commercial shop owners are NOT allowed to use the swimming pool/gym. Doesn't quite make sense for them to use too... they have to tend their shops. :2cents:

Even if allowed, you can exclude me from the potentially kiasu owner list. I have a big swimming pool now but never use... next time I will have 3 worlds, so chances that I will use the pool/gym in promenade is next to none. :)

price
14-05-12, 21:07
Confirmed... the commercial shop owners are NOT allowed to use the swimming pool/gym. Doesn't quite make sense for them to use too... they have to tend their shops. :2cents:

Even if allowed, you can exclude me from the potentially kiasu owner list. I have a big swimming pool now but never use... next time I will have 3 worlds, so chances that I will use the pool/gym in promenade is next to none. :)

thats great news for the residential owners!! :D :cheers5: :cheers5:

property_finder
14-05-12, 21:20

This makes sense for such a small development.

carbuncle
14-05-12, 21:27

I wonder how they gonna enforce that... Comm keycard cant access level 2 and above?

property_finder
14-05-12, 22:11
I wonder how they gonna enforce that... Comm keycard cant access level 2 and above?
Actually its a privacy and potential safety issue as non-residents (commercial unit owners + their workers) can walk along the residential corridors armed with an access card. If I am the resident, I will not feel safe.

but I thought the commercial units in mixed developments are usually located at the non-residential 'public areas'? Thus, they do not need any access card at all.

Kelonguni
15-05-12, 08:23
Agent says comm units do not have access to 2ND floor and above. The only way they can go is follow a resident. Not impossible though.

Will business owners be people like that? Will their staff have so much free time to use the swimming pool and gym? Will there be additional security at the gym or pool area?

I wonder if there is a need to pay v much extra for additional security in comparable condos with totally secure pool and gym, that we never really use. The logic is just not there. Risk minimisation, low upfront, low maintenance and convenience counts more for me. This is especially so in the face of more pending regulations MND might come up with for MMs.

carbuncle
15-05-12, 10:28
Agent says comm units do not have access to 2ND floor and above. The only way they can go is follow a resident. Not impossible though.

Will business owners be people like that? Will their staff have so much free time to use the swimming pool and gym? Will there be additional security at the gym or pool area?

I wonder if there is a need to pay v much extra for additional security in comparable condos with totally secure pool and gym, that we never really use. The logic is just not there. Risk minimisation, low upfront, low maintenance and convenience counts more for me. This is especially so in the face of more pending regulations MND might come up with for MMs.

Precisely because of all these uncertainties and risks, I would not as a rule buy into this development... these headaches if surfaced, will be never ending and a real pain in the a**...esp considering shops may change hands (tenants/owners regardless) every couple of years or even couple of months in today's economic situation. It's not like this is offered at 900psf and in Orchard. There are many other alternatives available in the market... my .02

Kelonguni
15-05-12, 11:17
Precisely because of all these uncertainties and risks, I would not as a rule buy into this development... these headaches if surfaced, will be never ending and a real pain in the a**...esp considering shops may change hands (tenants/owners regardless) every couple of years or even couple of months in today's economic situation. It's not like this is offered at 900psf and in Orchard. There are many other alternatives available in the market... my .02

Yah, also depends on whether targeting self stay or intending to rent out.

Mixed feelings about mixed developments, but no feelings about pure residence. Haiz...

I like the East Village concept as well, but sold out. It looked like a much smaller scale development. Wonder how they try to overcome these potential issues and uncertainties between commercial and residential side.

carbuncle
15-05-12, 11:57
Mixed feelings about mixed developments, but no feelings about pure residence. Haiz...

You mean you only into mixed types?

price
15-05-12, 12:01
Yah, also depends on whether targeting self stay or intending to rent out.

I like the East Village concept as well, but sold out. It looked like a much smaller scale development. Wonder how they try to overcome these potential issues and uncertainties between commercial and residential side.
east village wont fair as well as milage imo. almost the same price why go for somewhere sooo far away?

property_finder
15-05-12, 13:15
Amongst all the FH mixed development in Singapore, is Promenade @ Pelikat the cheapest?

price
15-05-12, 13:32
Amongst all the FH mixed development in Singapore, is Promenade @ Pelikat the cheapest?
lucky plaza?

Kelonguni
15-05-12, 15:11
east village wont fair as well as milage imo. almost the same price why go for somewhere sooo far away?

Millage in an even better rental spot, but I prefer low rise. The lower the better, 2 floors all mine (landed) best.

East Village is in a low floor setting.

Avant
16-05-12, 12:39
Anyway do you guys think the sheng siong ever has reserved the shop at level one ? Or it is just a gimmicks by the developer and the agent?

Only insiders will know. My guess will be that both answers are likely Yes (Guess SS was used, intentionally or otherwise). Anyway, the result is the current Phase 1/Phase 2 Sale.

property_finder
16-05-12, 13:39
lucky plaza?

Far East Plaza and Luckly Plaza are much more expensive.

It appears this project is really the cheapest at the moment for Freehold mixed development.

Kelonguni
16-05-12, 15:56
You mean you only into mixed types?

Yah I guess that's true - have a soft spot for the shophouse kind of residence. So far the ones I like are all mixed types - like the vibrancy and the convenience: minimum will have ATM, 7-11, banks, S-Pools, some restaurants downstairs I hope? No need to drive somewhere and worry about parking.

106 out of 164 residences sold as of last URA report.

carbuncle
16-05-12, 16:14
Yah I guess that's true - have a soft spot for the shophouse kind of residence. So far the ones I like are all mixed types - like the vibrancy and the convenience: minimum will have ATM, 7-11, banks, S-Pools, some restaurants downstairs I hope? No need to drive somewhere and worry about parking.

106 out of 164 residences sold as of last URA report.

ATM bank and SPool bo bao.... not high chance

Kelonguni
16-05-12, 16:28
So far all mixed developments, even shophouses have ATM - please correct me if I am wrong by giving 1 exception. Banks and S-Pools need to take a bet.

carbuncle
16-05-12, 16:59
So far all mixed developments, even shophouses have ATM - please correct me if I am wrong by giving 1 exception. Banks and S-Pools need to take a bet.

Not even the iconic Icon... ATM is steps away but not within.

http://www.nearby.sg/amenities/atm/all/1/1.275272/103.844460/Icon_Village_12_Gopeng_Street_Singapore_078877

Kelonguni
18-05-12, 22:10
Not even the iconic Icon... ATM is steps away but not within.

http://www.nearby.sg/amenities/atm/all/1/1.275272/103.844460/Icon_Village_12_Gopeng_Street_Singapore_078877

Haha... Your link says it all. Although ATM steps away, have you counted how many ATMs of all the banks are within walkable distance?

property_finder
21-05-12, 13:50
Just heard from an agent friend that he heard from another agent that Giant may be in this project.

Anyone can verify?

Kelonguni
22-05-12, 11:41
Just heard from an agent friend that he heard from another agent that Giant may be in this project.

Anyone can verify?

Are you keen for residential or commercial purposes?

carbuncle
22-05-12, 13:34

Anyone can verify?

The telephone game.

property_finder
22-05-12, 14:24
Are you keen for residential or commercial purposes?

Both actually.

Stay or rent out on top residential unit, and rent out the commercial space below.

rattydrama
22-05-12, 17:31

Anyone can verify?

Caveat Emptor

Kelonguni
22-05-12, 20:10
Both actually.

Stay or rent out on top residential unit, and rent out the commercial space below.

Consider if the place is suitable even if no Giant. If it's value is only valuable if Giant comes, then it is not worth buying.