PDA

View Full Version : Hong Leong sells 65 Bartley units at $1,240 psf

reporter2
26-02-12, 18:30
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,478862-1329940740,00.html?

Published February 22, 2012

Hong Leong sells 65 Bartley units at $1,240 psf

Up to 20% discount dished out for the 120 units released

By MINDY TAN

HONG Leong Group yesterday sold 65 units at Bartley Residences at an average price of $1,240 per square foot after a discount of up to 20 per cent.

During yesterday's preview, it released 120 units in the 702-unit, 99-year leasehold private condo next to Bartley MRT Station. According to Hong Leong, 90 per cent of the buyers at yesterday's preview were Singaporeans and permanent residents.

The absolute price of a one-bedroom unit ranges from approximately $610,000 to $670,000; a two-bedroom unit ranges from $970,000 to $1.1 million; a three-bedroom unit is between $1.2 million and $1.4 million; a four-bedroom ranges from approximately $1.65 million to $1.9 million; and a dual-key unit ranges from around $1.8 million to $2.1 million.

The average price psf of $1,240 is after absorption of 18 per cent (including the standard 3 per cent buyer's stamp duty discount, and 3 per cent early bird discount), and an additional 2 per cent district discount.

Said HSR Property Group's special adviser, Donald Han: 'The figures are encouraging because the launch is in the middle of the week. I sense this development will gather pace towards the end of the week, and that might give a truer reflection ... The developers may have launched it (on Tuesday) more to get a sense of ground sentiment.'

Added Lee Sze Teck, senior manager at DWG Research and Consultancy: 'At $1,240, the developer is aware of market conditions and is clearly pricing the project at the right level.'

The project - developed by Bartley Development, a joint venture between Hong Leong Holdings, City Developments, and TID Residential - is located next to Bartley MRT Station, and offers a range of unit types, from one-bedroom units (463 sq ft) to four-bedroom units (1,345-1,377 sq ft), and dual key units (1,603 sq ft).

In January, the consortium won a 99-year leasehold private condominium housing plot at Mount Vernon Road. Their bid came in at $388.1 million, or $495 per square foot per plot ratio.

'They're certainly in a good position to (capitalise) that segment of the market ... (There are) not many new residential projects being launched in the area, so I would expect pent-up demand coming in from potential upgraders from the vicinity,' said HSR's Mr Han.

Last month, the 992-unit, mixed-use development, Watertown, which is located in Punggol Central, saw more than 160 of the 250 units released during its preview snapped up. The 689-unit, 99-year condominium Parc Rosewood, in Woodlands sold 165 of the 236 units up for grabs during its preview launch.

Lovelle
26-02-12, 19:11
Ccr pricing but lower then bedok residences

howgozit
26-02-12, 19:33
If $1240psf is 20% discount, then original price $1500psf++....:scared-5:

Lovelle
26-02-12, 19:59
Nowadays discount is just marketing purpose

DC33_2008
26-02-12, 20:06
Was there earlier. Carpark is pack. One bedder units as usual are the winners. Confirmed stack 44 (almost N-S facing)) for 1 bedder and stack 41 for two bedders (N-S facing) are the better ones. Both facing the bodhi trees. Heard stacks facing the pool facing are taken up. Unfortunately rooms are so small that after putting the queen size bed in the masterbed room, only have 0.5m of walking space on the three sides.

minority
26-02-12, 21:04
Was there earlier. Carpark is pack. One bedder units as usual are the winners. Confirmed stack 44 (almost N-S facing)) for 1 bedder and stack 41 for two bedders (N-S facing) are the better ones. Both facing the bodhi trees. Heard stacks facing the pool facing are taken up. Unfortunately rooms are so small that after putting the queen size bed in the masterbed room, only have 0.5m of walking space on the three sides.

0.5m! wow tats normal. Thats the standard these days. No need to climb over bed is consider ok .

DC33_2008
26-02-12, 21:11
How to rent out to ang mos who are six footer build? They will have to walk sideways like a crab. My spouse thought the master bedroom was the 2nd bedroom. Really not use to the 400 plus sqft MM. It is probably the size of living room of old point block hdb flat.
0.5m! wow tats normal. Thats the standard these days. No need to climb over bed is consider ok .

propertychap
26-02-12, 21:17
I just came back from the showroom. I am surprised so many people given that theres only mrt and no amenities around.

DC33_2008
26-02-12, 21:22
Go to Tai Seng.
I just came back from the showroom. I am surprised so many people given that theres only mrt and no amenities around.

minority
26-02-12, 21:32

Many pple want to spend $$$ MM is the best ! all Sgporean.

richwang
26-02-12, 21:34
Circle line MRT is there. Pls don't drive next time.

Thanks,
Richard

ysyap
26-02-12, 21:38
Well, this week end, sales should hit 3 digits... hmmm... what price correction are we talking about? :doh:

buttercarp
26-02-12, 21:43
Ccr pricing but lower then bedok residences

Actually I prefer bedok residences.
Got EW line, and all the amenities there.
Best of all it is in the east.

DC33_2008
26-02-12, 21:47
But this one connects to all the three lines in less than 3 stops.

azeoprop
27-02-12, 17:27
Pricing similar to their The Scala in Lor Chuan launched 2 years ago. :beats-me-man:

chiaberry
27-02-12, 17:29
Well, this week end, sales should hit 3 digits... hmmm... what price correction are we talking about? :doh:

Sigh another round of CM could be round the corner. :mad:

spikey69
27-02-12, 17:34
don't understand how this goes for avg $1240 psf when 8@Woodleigh, Nin and Woodsville 28 are transacting at $1100+

testtest
27-02-12, 17:41
don't understand how this goes for avg $1240 psf when 8@Woodleigh, Nin and Woodsville 28 are transacting at $1100+

and 1500psf at WT...

roly8
27-02-12, 17:46

bedok R. is LH
:o

howgozit
27-02-12, 17:49
Does anybody feel Bartley's proximity to cemetry a problem? The cemetry grounds are on higher grounds than the condo plot too.

blackjack21trader
27-02-12, 18:30
Sigh another round of CM could be round the corner. :mad:

ya lor.. dunno what forum these buyers went to. i already say ai zhai mah...steady steady keep our cold and give pressure to the developers.

you see har...actually i dun wan to say one. but now let me tell you the truth about oil prices. One of these days, it is going to crash below $90 and then all the materials will be cheap cheap and margin big big hor..for all the new launches after the crash even after 20% discount.

But of cause many will say no way oil will crash mah....JMHO hor...dun use my opinion for any showhand investment moves.

composition of petrol price= 2% raw + 98% distribution and marketing and proceesing.
:doh:

price
27-02-12, 19:49
Does anybody feel Bartley's proximity to cemetry a problem? The cemetry grounds are on higher grounds than the condo plot too.

I feel its a potential not a problem. empty land = development opportunities

blackjack21trader
27-02-12, 20:03
ya lor.. dunno what forum these buyers went to. i already say ai zhai mah...steady steady keep our cold and give pressure to the developers.

you see har...actually i dun wan to say one. but now let me tell you the truth about oil prices. One of these days, it is going to crash below $90 and then all the materials will be cheap cheap and margin big big hor..for all the new launches after the crash even after 20% discount.

But of cause many will say no way oil will crash mah....JMHO hor...dun use my opinion for any showhand investment moves.

composition of petrol price= 2% raw + 98% distribution and marketing and proceesing.
:doh:

and u think i talk cork sing song right, that is why you ignore me right? Think about this real hard: You only need someone to declare the existence of huge oil reserves under the Arctic or Antarctic.

we all believe that oil wells are limited in numbers. But what if oil is a naturally self-recycling material something like water? Think hard now...global warming is exposing the once unreachable areas of our globe, once but now the oil explorers may be able to reach now......Think....

I actually got the above inspiration from a recent dream of mine...or isit the Sky People that came to my dream and told me ???? hmmmmmm....

DC33_2008
27-02-12, 20:10
Is it really higher than condo site?

hyenergix
27-02-12, 22:16
and u think i talk cork sing song right, that is why you ignore me right? Think about this real hard: You only need someone to declare the existence of huge oil reserves under the Arctic or Antarctic.

we all believe that oil wells are limited in numbers. But what if oil is a naturally self-recycling material something like water? Think hard now...global warming is exposing the once unreachable areas of our globe, once but now the oil explorers may be able to reach now......Think....

I actually got the above inspiration from a recent dream of mine...or isit the Sky People that came to my dream and told me ???? hmmmmmm....

Energy n mass r created out of nothing i.e. big bang. We need controllable big bangs on earth to create more free energy.

kane
27-02-12, 22:20
Energy n mass r created out of nothing i.e. big bang. We need controllable big bangs on earth to create more free energy.

The bangs can become uncontrollable like in the case of japan.

howgozit
27-02-12, 22:35
Is it really higher than condo site?

I think so....

cemetry higher elevation not just about superstition, the water seeps through the burial plots and drains out to lower areas. that was one of the reasons the landed properties there never did sell well.

howgozit
27-02-12, 22:47
Oil (or more accurately fuel) does not recycle...

When we use it, it is converted into another form which is energy. Energy in turn creates the modern comfort that we have become accustomed to like motion, light, heat, cold.... etc.

It does not come back as oil, once we use it, it is expended producing energy and hydrocarbon by-products. Fossil fuel takes hundreds of thousands of years under high temperature and pressure to produce.

The question of running out of supply is not if but when. It is not limitless.

blackjack21trader
27-02-12, 23:16
Oil (or more accurately fuel) does not recycle...

When we use it, it is converted into another form which is energy. Energy in turn creates the modern comfort that we have become accustomed to like motion, light, heat, cold.... etc.

It does not come back as oil, once we use it, it is expended producing energy and hydrocarbon by-products. Fossil fuel takes hundreds of thousands of years under high temperature and pressure to produce.

The question of running out of supply is not if but when. It is not limitless.

=====================quote from dun wish 2 tell you======
The question is critical due to the enormous amount of coverage the issue of "Peak Oil" is receiving from the mainstream press. If the supply of hydrocarbons is renewable- then the contrary to the conventional wisdom being touted throughout the mainstream press today- the world is NOT running out of oil.

Unbeknownst to Westerners, there have actually been for quite some time now two competing theories concerning the origins of petroleum. One theory claims that oil is an organic 'fossil fuel' deposited in finite quantities near the planet's surface. The other theory claims that oil is continuously generated by natural processes in the Earth's magma.

===============================

woahahhahahahahahahhahaha..YOUR science teacher bluff u one :doh: :doh:

hyenergix
28-02-12, 06:20
Peak oil is real. Once US, EU and China recover, the demand of oil will surge, and so will the pump prices. The era of cheap energy is gone. Going forward, properties will just become more expensive to construct because of inflation due to energy prices. This is why it is good to buy a FH/999LH property that TOPs much later and treat it as a piggy bank for your old age or future generation.

ysyap
28-02-12, 07:57
don't understand how this goes for avg $1240 psf when 8@Woodleigh, Nin and Woodsville 28 are transacting at $1100+How come don't understand? As you move away from city, price goes up! Beacon Ht @ $1100 psf, Woodsville 28 @ $11xx psf, Bartley Residence @ $12xx psf, Kovan Residence @ $12xx psf then WT @ $1500 psf... LoL! Simple logic. We're living in a new world today! :cheers1:

price
28-02-12, 08:12
How come don't understand? As you move away from city, price goes up! Beacon Ht @ $1100 psf, Woodsville 28 @ $11xx psf, Bartley Residence @ $12xx psf, Kovan Residence @ $12xx psf then WT @ $1500 psf... LoL! Simple logic. We're living in a new world today! :cheers1:

Lol! Agreed! whats so hard to understand!?

patricia
28-02-12, 08:14
How come don't understand? As you move away from city, price goes up! Beacon Ht @ $1100 psf, Woodsville 28 @ $11xx psf, Bartley Residence @ $12xx psf, Kovan Residence @ $12xx psf then WT @ $1500 psf... LoL! Simple logic. We're living in a new world today! :cheers1:
As Mr Basic said, these is unnatural and hence unsustaiable. It will de-leverage and market will crash soooooooooon.

roly8
28-02-12, 08:16

:doh::doh::doh: :p:D:ashamed1:

PN
28-02-12, 08:22

Like that. Next time Tuas, Changi beach 2000psf :scared-4:

howgozit
28-02-12, 08:40
It does matter what is the origin of oil, what matters is that oil is being depleted faster than it can be produced.

=====================quote from dun wish 2 tell you======
The question is critical due to the enormous amount of coverage the issue of "Peak Oil" is receiving from the mainstream press. If the supply of hydrocarbons is renewable- then the contrary to the conventional wisdom being touted throughout the mainstream press today- the world is NOT running out of oil.

Unbeknownst to Westerners, there have actually been for quite some time now two competing theories concerning the origins of petroleum. One theory claims that oil is an organic 'fossil fuel' deposited in finite quantities near the planet's surface. The other theory claims that oil is continuously generated by natural processes in the Earth's magma.

===============================

woahahhahahahahahahhahaha..YOUR science teacher bluff u one :doh: :doh:

latour
28-02-12, 08:46
Like that. Next time Tuas, Changi beach 2000psf :scared-4:

Changi Beach area $2000/psf highly possible, watch out for the next master plan and you will know why.

howgozit
28-02-12, 08:50
Any clues?

Changi Beach area $2000/psf highly possible, watch out for the next master plan and you will know why.

eng81157
28-02-12, 08:54

so pulau tekong hits $3000psf?? SAF huat liao!!! enbloc tekong camp 1 & 2 and make way for "Water-trench" - the development where u enjoy ICT 24/7.

Eldenfirefly
28-02-12, 09:34

Lol that makes utterly no sense at all! Why are property prices like that? I don't understand. lol Really, how on earth did Watertown manage to get people to buy at 1500 psf? Did they hypnotise those people or something?

blackjack21trader
28-02-12, 09:40
As Mr Basic said, these is unnatural and hence unsustaiable. It will de-leverage and market will crash soooooooooon.

hi, sister patricia. good morning.:)

Jadey
28-02-12, 09:40
Lol that makes utterly no sense at all! Why are property prices like that? I don't understand. lol Really, how on earth did Watertown manage to get people to buy at 1500 psf? Did they hypnotise those people or something?

perhaps unit size are getting smaller

phantom_opera
28-02-12, 11:27
aiyo ... WT is integrated u know, take one lift down you can watch movies ... and 1350psf@WT is for those having unblocked longkang view .... Bartley Residences has only Bodhi Tree view lol

compared properly lah WT 1br @ 520sqft is 1050-1100psf, Archipelago 1br is 1150psf ... WFG is 1200psf, Bartley is 1250psf, Bedok Residences is 1,350psf ... Sky Habitat will be 1,500psf

buttercarp
28-02-12, 11:33

Maybe it's mass hysteria?

ysyap
28-02-12, 11:51
Like that. Next time Tuas, Changi beach 2000psf :scared-4:Wat ya waiting for... quick go buy Tuas now and wait for it to hit $2k psf then sell off and laugh your way to the bank... :cheers5:

ysyap
28-02-12, 11:53
Lol that makes utterly no sense at all! Why are property prices like that? I don't understand. lol Really, how on earth did Watertown manage to get people to buy at 1500 psf? Did they hypnotise those people or something?New trend... city life is too busy and and loud. Price to pay for a good night's sleep so people are more willing to pay more to move away from the city... Lol! Believing is seeing and seeing is believing... :cheers5:

PN
28-02-12, 12:08
Wat ya waiting for... quick go buy Tuas now and wait for it to hit $2k psf then sell off and laugh your way to the bank... :cheers5:

Old man lah.

My heart is weak, leg is shaking, head is nodding up & down and sliva non-stop flowing. Worst thing is one leg in the wooden box already. :scared-3:

Luckily my eyesights are quite good and still can type on the computer keyboard. But don't play this type of joke with me leh.

ysyap
29-02-12, 09:20
Old man lah.

My heart is weak, leg is shaking, head is nodding up & down and sliva non-stop flowing. Worst thing is one leg in the wooden box already. :scared-3:

Luckily my eyesights are quite good and still can type on the computer keyboard. But don't play this type of joke with me leh.Ok... just joking... but who knows the future? :D

lufu
29-02-12, 11:29
aiyo ... WT is integrated u know, take one lift down you can watch movies ... and 1350psf@WT is for those having unblocked longkang view .... Bartley Residences has only Bodhi Tree view lol

compared properly lah WT 1br @ 520sqft is 1050-1100psf, Archipelago 1br is 1150psf ... WFG is 1200psf, Bartley is 1250psf, Bedok Residences is 1,350psf ... Sky Habitat will be 1,500psf

Between Thomson Grand at $1400psf and WaterTown unit with great view. Which is a better buy?

phantom_opera
29-02-12, 11:32
Between Thomson Grand at $1400psf and WaterTown unit with great view. Which is a better buy?

You are comparing apple & orange

ysyap
29-02-12, 12:10
You are comparing apple & orangeBut both asking about same price? Well, you have answered his question. If orange is more expensive than apple, then get orange for the same price lor... :D

buttercarp
29-02-12, 12:14
I think durian n water apple more appropriate lah:D .

PN
29-02-12, 12:15
Ok... just joking... but who knows the future? :D

Same same. I'm just pulling your leg. :D

orangeroad80
29-02-12, 15:27

The sales person attended to me b4 - Watertown 1 bedroom, is around 1200-13xx onwards, the smaller the higher the psf! Watertown 1 bedroom with roadside view and road noise cost at least 720k-8xxk. Very expensive. Few streets across, an EC cost 6xx plus for 2 bedrooms, less than 800psf.

Bartley is in a district which is a more valuable land than punggol. In terms of mrt line, it's nearer to town as well. Seriously, I feel that Bartley is a better buy than watertown.

lufu
29-02-12, 15:41

Watertown has MRT, integrated mall, great waterfront view and therefore command a premium.

Thomson Grand is quite luxury (of course not compared against 2k/3k Psf type)
Has great reservoir or golf course view. The new North South Expressway nearby. Thomson Line nearby although exact location of Sin Ming Station is still a guess at this stage.

Therefore I am thinking which is a better buy.

Lovelle
29-02-12, 16:14
The sales person attended to me b4 - Watertown 1 bedroom, is around 1200-13xx onwards, the smaller the higher the psf! Watertown 1 bedroom with roadside view and road noise cost at least 720k-8xxk. Very expensive. Few streets across, an EC cost 6xx plus for 2 bedrooms, less than 800psf.

Bartley is in a district which is a more valuable land than punggol. In terms of mrt line, it's nearer to town as well. Seriously, I feel that Bartley is a better buy than watertown.

WT at 700k+ . Wow, can find many studios in town to rent out. Why WT ?

price
29-02-12, 16:17

Watertown suites were going at 5xxk-6xxk for the 1 and 2 compact during launch. You must be really late.

devilplate
29-02-12, 16:40

early birdies eat the 10xxpsf worms

late worms eat shyt

devilplate
29-02-12, 16:41
Watertown has MRT, integrated mall, great waterfront view and therefore command a premium.

Has great reservoir or golf course view. The new North South Expressway nearby. Thomson Line nearby although exact location of Sin Ming Station is still a guess at this stage.

r u going to buy now?

buy for? why buy now?

minority
29-02-12, 17:12

Wah u like that say. Many WT pple will not be song and will wack u.

Jadey
29-02-12, 17:15

TG average psf is around 1240psf (excluding townhouses) while Watertown is 1150psf.