PDA

View Full Version : Property agents FAVOURITE lines...

radha08
28-02-12, 21:33
ha ha last weekend went to view a unit at the petals...after viewing i told the agent..thanks..will discuss with my wife and get back to you if interested...he he he....the agent threw the famous line at me...

"Sir owner already received offer he is considering you better be fast"....:D:D:D

i was thinking to myself all this cea...BULLSHIT 20 years ago i went to view property and over the years blady agents...NOTHING else to say... ALL COPY N PASTE...but hey they earn good $$ for that BULLShi%^%:p

so what are the other famous lines u guys heard..share share since NOBODY is buying and EVERYBODY is SELLING...:D

hyenergix
28-02-12, 21:37
ha ha last weekend went to view a unit at the petals...after viewing i told the agent..thanks..will discuss with my wife and get back to you if interested...he he he....the agent threw the famous line at me...

"Sir owner already received offer he is considering you better be fast"....:D:D:D

i was thinking to myself all this cea...BULLSHIT 20 years ago i went to view property and over the years blady agents...NOTHING else to say... ALL COPY N PASTE...but hey they earn good $$ for that BULLShi%^%:p

so what are the other famous lines u guys heard..share share since NOBODY is buying and EVERYBODY is SELLING...:D

I tot sales is still healthy. March bonus n pay adjustment coming hor... More interest in properties soon.

radha08
28-02-12, 21:41
I tot sales is still healthy. March bonus n pay adjustment coming hor... More interest in properties soon.

yup to be honest i went to an open house and there were quite a few people viewing hope the owner managed to sell....:D

EBD
28-02-12, 23:12

Pretty sure secondary market is close to dead.
Started getting cold calls from agents to "sell, market very high!"
Funny how I never get these calls when the markets on fire.......

hyenergix
29-02-12, 05:06
Pretty sure secondary market is close to dead.
Started getting cold calls from agents to "sell, market very high!"
Funny how I never get these calls when the markets on fire.......

I agree resale is bad as ABSD has killed off this segment. It makes more sense to buy new launch from developers. Prob another 6 months is needed for owners to be more willing to negotiate.

radha08
29-02-12, 05:12
I agree resale is bad as ABSD has killed off this segment. It makes more sense to buy new launch from developers. Prob another 6 months is needed for owners to be more willing to negotiate.

somehow i feel that way too everyone is snapping up new units..

hyenergix
29-02-12, 05:32
somehow i feel that way too everyone is snapping up new units..

Happy house hunting... The double bay residence loos good compared to recent launches.

evergreen
29-02-12, 07:05
Another favourite line is "your offer of $x is too low. Another potential buyer offered $x+y but it is still too low and the owner rejected the offer".

irisng
29-02-12, 07:19
So many ungraders buying EC, so they must sell away their current HDB flats within 6 months (if I'm not wrong). If buying pte ppty, unless they have holding power, if not they also have to sell away their HDB flats, so for both cases, most likely resale market for the HDB will drop.

irisng
29-02-12, 07:27
Another favourite line is "your offer of $x is too low. Another potential buyer offered $x+y but it is still too low and the owner rejected the offer".

Last time, my agent (new) didn't know how to use this method. Keep on pressing my price to suit the other side (experience agent). So many viewers and yet I still couldn't get the price I want. First time selling house, no experience, scared that I couldn't sell it away because I had bought an EC. Some of the viewers are very interested, came 2 to 3 times, but still not willing to pay. In the end, I sold it to a China PR but still at a lower side, now he "tan tio", it is a 5 room flat in Bishan near MRT station. :banghead:

radha08
29-02-12, 08:41
Last time, my agent (new) didn't know how to use this method. Keep on pressing my price to suit the other side (experience agent). So many viewers and yet I still couldn't get the price I want. First time selling house, no experience, scared that I couldn't sell it away because I had bought an EC. Some of the viewers are very interested, came 2 to 3 times, but still not willing to pay. In the end, I sold it to a China PR but still at a lower side, now he "tan tio", it is a 5 room flat in Bishan near MRT station. :banghead:

thats why sometimes i feel buying or selling best to do it your ownself is POSSIBLE at least end of day you can only blame yourself...although i must admit recently when i sold my condo...my agent was champion and never reduced my price for a few weeks and eventually SOLD at almost my asking...for that i paid him 2% comm thats a LOT for condo close to 1 million...guess end of day it boils down to luck but i must admit an experienced and honest agent is VERY important...:)

devilplate
29-02-12, 08:55
"btw last offer is xxx"

in a way it cud means seller wun accept anything lower

devilplate
29-02-12, 08:56
thats why sometimes i feel buying or selling best to do it your ownself is POSSIBLE at least end of day you can only blame yourself...although i must admit recently when i sold my condo...my agent was champion and never reduced my price for a few weeks and eventually SOLD at almost my asking...for that i paid him 2% comm thats a LOT for condo close to 1 million...guess end of day it boils down to luck but i must admit an experienced and honest agent is VERY important...:)

engage a few agts lor(but not too many la).....creates competition for them mah......wakakaka

radha08
29-02-12, 10:22
engage a few agts lor(but not too many la).....creates competition for them mah......wakakaka

roger....HOR...:D:D:D

Heng
29-02-12, 11:14
...my agent was champion and never reduced my price for a few weeks and eventually SOLD at almost my asking...for that i paid him 2% comm thats a LOT for condo close to 1 million...but i must admit an experienced and honest agent is VERY important...:)

Similar sentiments : I also paid more than 2 percent and got very good price that was unbeatable for many many months to come....

Leeds
29-02-12, 11:23
Some agents even show you a 1% cheque, It is up to you to believe if the cheque really comes form the potential buyer or just "to pressure you" to offer more.

radha08
29-02-12, 12:39
Some agents even show you a 1% cheque, It is up to you to believe if the cheque really comes form the potential buyer or just "to pressure you" to offer more.

these are the type of agents that will never rest in HEAVEN...:simmering:

howgozit
29-02-12, 13:21
My favourite agent line is "almost sold"

ysyap
29-02-12, 13:31
The classic one is 'now's the best time to sell' to sellers and 'now's the best time to buy' to buyers, regardless of the time... :cool:

price
29-02-12, 13:34
The classic one is 'now's the best time to sell' to sellers and 'now's the best time to buy' to buyers, regardless of the time... :cool:

I always get this "It's not about when to buy. It's all about when to sell. So buy now!"

ysyap
29-02-12, 13:38
I always get this "It's not about when to buy. It's all about when to sell. So buy now!"So to the seller, he'll say, 'its not about when to sell, its all about when to buy. So sell now!'... :D

radha08
29-02-12, 15:46
So to the seller, he'll say, 'its not about when to sell, its all about when to buy. So sell now!'... :D

thats called reverse pyschology...:D

radha08
29-02-12, 15:47
whatever the case i guess society still needs agent just like they need the woman that prowl the streets of GEY...Land...:D:D:D

howgozit
29-02-12, 16:00
a necessary evil

whatever the case i guess society still needs agent just like they need the woman that prowl the streets of GEY...Land...:D:D:D

Laguna
29-02-12, 19:29
The seller rejected the offer of $x,000,000
so often heard

buttercarp
29-02-12, 19:50
The seller rejected the offer of $x,000,000
so often heard

As a buyer, just say I offer the price of $y 000 000.
This is my name card. Call me if you are agreeable.

DaytonaSS
29-02-12, 21:52
the most hated line. "At his PSF range i ownself buy".

This kind of agent fuk up. Want buy then meet buyer for what. If buyer wants to pay sky price need agent for what right?

ysyap
29-02-12, 21:55

This kind of agent fuk up. Want buy then meet buyer for what. If buyer wants to pay sky price need agent for what right?Strange indeed! ;)

DaytonaSS
29-02-12, 22:02

This kind of agent fuk up. Want buy then meet buyer for what. If buyer wants to pay sky price need agent for what right?

minority
29-02-12, 22:07
"BUY OR U WILL REPENT!"

DaytonaSS
29-02-12, 22:07
Agent: Auntie this development is @ "si qu", that which psf is higher

upon hearing this, scare i miss out the best deal ever, $1200 in town wor. quickly open my ipad and click URA app and chose BR. Its shows OCR.....

testtest
29-02-12, 22:32
The lamest is "very convenient one, walking distant to MRT!" and it like 1km away :doh:

howgozit
29-02-12, 23:02
How about this line

"only 5mins to MRT".... omitting "if you drive a Ferrari"

price
01-03-12, 08:35
@ Casa Cambio, every agent will tell aunties and uncles "We have a free walk-in wardrobe built for you" I saw so many aunties getting excited over it. Bet many of them didn't even study the layout of their purchased units. Perhaps when they get their keys, they wil :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: WHY IS THE SINK IN MY ROOM!?:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Laguna
01-03-12, 08:48
LOL, once, I attended this free talk by Zxxt Axxxxy,

they bot all their properties at perfect timing and sell at the record price. So, just buy through them, they will give u the best deals

and those selling overseas properties : we secure bulk discount from the developers, so u get the best deals

dirty trick

ysyap
01-03-12, 08:56
The lamest is "very convenient one, walking distant to MRT!" and it like 1km away :doh:1km is walking distant wat... 2km also can walk. I did 2.4km for my IPPT not just walking but running... no problem lah... Lol! :D

devilplate
01-03-12, 08:58
for all projects in the north/northeast, agts all quote seletar aerospace

for all projects in the east, agts all quote new uni, CBP

wakakakaka

price
01-03-12, 09:03
and the upcoming Paya Lebar Biz Hub :im-so-happy: :im-so-happy: :im-so-happy: :im-so-happy: :im-so-happy:

eng81157
01-03-12, 09:40
i've got a unique one. the agent was boasting about his selling skills and he commented,

"now i don't sell single units anymore, i sell by floors and blocks"

ysyap
01-03-12, 09:42
i've got a unique one. the agent was boasting about his selling skills and he commented,

"now i don't sell single units anymore, i sell by floors and blocks"Then you can tell him sorry I'll find another agent then coz i'm only looking to buy single unit... :D

PN
01-03-12, 10:43
Agent will say to seller
"Resales market very quiet now. You need to adjust your expectation. This type of offer from buyer is hard to come by. If you don't accept now, you don't know how long more to wait for a better offer"

Agent will say to buyer
"This is a good buy. Nice layout & size, good view and very windy". Much better than new launch MM. The selling price is also reasonable. Last offer $$psf rejected by owner already. If you up the offer a bit, I'll try my best to close it for you"

But hor since most are engaging agents, no choice as they need to use some of these lines mentioned by you guys to help you close the deal.
I won't bother what they tell the buyer if I'm selling so long it's not harmful. Sales tactics is used by all salesman in all trades.
But I'll not let the agent dictate my selling price. I decide on the price and you need to look after my interest. If not there are other agents I can work with.

PN
01-03-12, 11:07
As a buyer even for experience one, many agents will still repeat the same line again and again to you. Probably you've heard it until you sianz. But so long as you've done your homework, you know what is the selling price in this development and surrounding you are safe.

Most important is you like the unit. This one cannot advise and very individual. Some units the moment you step inside, you feel like you want to get out already. For the unit you like, the moment you step in you feel like this is the home you wanted.

Then when you look at the asking price, if you like the unit to pay a little bit more and within your budget. Why not? New launch already about 20% higher and MM some more.

If you don't like the unit, give you 10% discount you also don't want. Right? You are the one living in there.

So who cares what the agent says. As a buyer, you make your own judgement and decision.

mcmlxxvi
01-03-12, 13:51
I ever encounter agent after kena grilled by me to justify the price/value proposition give up say dont buy this project... Lol and its Far East new launch project.

radha08
01-03-12, 15:04
I ever encounter agent after kena grilled by me to justify the price/value proposition give up say dont buy this project... Lol and its Far East new launch project.

ya agent also smart when they meet smart buyers they back down cos there are so many other dumb buyers waiting to be conned...:rolleyes:

price
01-03-12, 15:19
For the upcoming new launch, 18 Woodsville , agents been telling me its SP Seita's maiden project in Singapore! MUST BUY THEY WILL GIVE IT ALL :confused:

irisng
01-03-12, 19:23
My 1st agent is my spouse ex-colleague's wife and she was new in this line at that time, this is also her 1st transaction. Out of goodwill and as a friend, so let her handled, never expected to turn out in this way. How could she compete with the other "wolf" agent. From the way this agent talked, I felt that she was very cunning. On the phone she agreed to some charges but when they met, she said she didn't pay attention to what my agent said.:doh:

testtest
01-03-12, 20:00
"guarantee makes $$ one!"...omit who is the guarantor

ysyap
02-03-12, 06:45
My 1st agent is my spouse ex-colleague's wife and she was new in this line at that time, this is also her 1st transaction. Out of goodwill and as a friend, so let her handled, never expected to turn out in this way. How could she compete with the other "wolf" agent. From the way this agent talked, I felt that she was very cunning. On the phone she agreed to some charges but when they met, she said she didn't pay attention to what my agent said.:doh:Can't follow your story... your 1st agent but she didn't pay attention to your agent... :confused:

ysyap
02-03-12, 06:47
I ever encounter agent after kena grilled by me to justify the price/value proposition give up say dont buy this project... Lol and its Far East new launch project.When I started to grill the agent once, after that kana grilled by my wife coz she say I'm wasting my time. I said I must not be treated like don't know anything. Anyway, after that I stopped grilling agents liao. Just roll eyeball and walk off... Lol! :D

blackjack21trader
02-03-12, 17:28
"btw last offer is xxx"

in a way it cud means seller wun accept anything lower

This is the line used by 100% of the agents I met. I told 99% of them , " Oic, then I cannot afford liao. "

testtest
02-03-12, 22:45
Ever see agent getting people to act as potential buyers when u are viewing property? And pretend to talk loudly on just how wonderful this house is? the agent will say some potential buyers already very close to closing the deal, bah, bah, bah.....con people to make rash decision...:tsk-tsk:

irisng
03-03-12, 09:10
Can't follow your story... your 1st agent but she didn't pay attention to your agent... :confused:

I had my house valued twice. 1st time valuation charges was paid by my agent, 2nd time valuation charges, my agent said that she would not pay because she had already paid one oredi, so she suggested asked the buyer to pay. She then called the buyer agent (B) about this case and agent (B) said no problem. But when all of them met at my house and this topic was brought up, agent B said that she didn't pay attention what my agent said and she ignored the whole thing completely. :doh:

As an average, normally how much $ above valuation will the seller add? :confused: Because my agent said that with the price I was asking, I could not sell my house but I had add only $20k above valuation, is it alot? Actually I had another buyer who was willing to pay more than what I was asking but her consideration is she is a christian while my neighbour is a Taoist (uses joss sticks and burn incense paper frequently) :doh: