PDA

View Full Version : Property price will increase

singaporecondo99
14-03-12, 01:15
STI could hit 3,400 by year-end: Report

04:46 AM Mar 05, 2012
SINGAPORE - The Straits Times Index (STI) could hit the 3,400 mark by the end of the year if all goes well with the US economy.

According to a report by Credit Suisse, Singapore shares that make up the STI could also see a slowing in the rate of downgrades.

"As with other markets, there is a fairly good fit between the STI and US jobless claims that are our proxy for global/US growth.

"This relationship also suggests potential upside for the STI towards 3,300 to 3,400," the report said.

But while Credit Suisse's projection suggests a potential upside, performance still lags the historical average.

"We do note that even with this 13 per cent upside, price-to-book for Singapore rises from the current 1.49 times (the price-to-book ratio) to 1.68 times versus its historical average of 1.75 times since 2000."

Nevertheless, Credit Suisse found that the rate of 2012 estimated consensus for earnings per share downgrades over the past three months are under 1 per cent per month versus downgrades of 2-4 per cent per month in the prior four months.

With optimism that the US economic recovery is on track, Credit Suisse favours cyclical stocks over defensive stocks.

"While we could see some near-term profit-taking as cyclicals have outperformed defensives by 18 per cent since the lows of Sept 30, 2011, we believe valuations and potential further upside in the US ISM (the Institute for Supply Management's factory index) still favours cyclicals over defensives," it said.

Credit Suisse's picks include Olam, Noble, STX OSV, Keppel and Sembcorp Industries.

It highlights that the biggest discount is with STX OSV, which it estimates to be trading at a discount of 172 per cent by comparing relative price-to-book with relative return on equity (ROE).

It also noted discounts of 23 per cent and 9 per cent for Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries, respectively. "While undervalued stocks may be undervalued because of rather poor fundamentals, among cyclicals Olam and Noble, price-to-book are the closest to 2008-09 lows, while STX OSV, Keppel and SCI are trading on discounts on our price-to-book versus the ROE valuation model," it added.

http://www.todayonline.com/Business/EDC120305-0000056/STI-could-hit-3,400-by-year-end--Report

singaporecondo99
14-03-12, 01:22
Dow Jones and STI will re bounce and close abv 13,000 and 3000 respectively by tomorrow. Let's wait and see.

At this rate, we may even see an increase in property prices, starting from June 2012.

The US economy is finally on the way to recovery.

Let's see if the predictions are right.

singaporecondo99
14-03-12, 01:27
US Stocks Riding High Ahead Of Fed Meeting Announcement

--Stocks rise to multiyear highs after solid domestic economic data
--Sales at U.S. retailers grew at the fastest pace in five months in February
--DJIA, S&P in pursuit of fifth-straight session advance
--Europe markets rally, backed by better-than-expected German data

The Wall Street Journal as at 13 March 2012
http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20120313-710268.html

hyenergix
14-03-12, 05:52
I think it is just the US election effect, which is gradually cascading to our properties and stock market this year, temporarily.

http://ramkimeena.hubpages.com/hub/US-Economy-recovery

Jadey
14-03-12, 08:17
Dow Jones and STI will re bounce and close abv 13,000 and 3000 respectively by tomorrow. Let's wait and see.

At this rate, we may even see an increase in property prices, starting from June 2012.

The US economy is finally on the way to recovery.

Let's see if the predictions are right.

nah..the stock price recovery is simply a result of recent QE measures and election effects from around the world. After which the big fall will come.

With as the SSD ABSD etc etc, I am actually expecting property prices to continue south for the rest of the year.

price
14-03-12, 08:49
nah..the stock price recovery is simply a result of recent QE measures and election effects from around the world. After which the big fall will come.

With as the SSD ABSD etc etc, I am actually expecting property prices to continue south for the rest of the year.

SSD ABSD are only within Singapore. If investors and industries worldwide are doing well why will these stamp duties affect buying sentiments? Property prices will only fall when people can't hold on to their properties anymore. Losing their jobs, getting huge pay cut etc. If Singapore allows that to happen, it doesnt benefit our Economy. Companies will be losing money, investors, businesses will be shutting down in Singapore. What good does this bring?

Jadey
14-03-12, 09:24
SSD ABSD are only within Singapore. If investors and industries worldwide are doing well why will these stamp duties affect buying sentiments? Property prices will only fall when people can't hold on to their properties anymore. Losing their jobs, getting huge pay cut etc. If Singapore allows that to happen, it doesnt benefit our Economy. Companies will be losing money, investors, businesses will be shutting down in Singapore. What good does this bring?

1) Singapore is not the only place for real estate investor. If USA or the world is indeed on the path to a REAL recovery, I am sure real estate funds will be rushing back to USA to pick up the bargain instead of wasting time with ABSD and over inflated property price.

2) Not sure if you have read about global shipping giants cutting capacity and losing money due to poor global trade activity. This my friend is a clear signal that although the stock price is moving, goods are not.

3) Let not get ahead of ourselves by saying that if property prices fall everything will be doom and gloom, because property prices always move in cycle. And the reason that you fear that will happen is a good indication on how this country has become so dependent on property to generate wealth, and this is not sustainable. If we dont put a stop to it, we will end up like America.

4) if you have studied the CMs, you should know by now that the days of making quick bucks from property is over and it is time to concentrate on the basic to growth this economy.

5) Isnt it funny that when property prices come down and people starts to get worried about pay cut etc or vice versa, but on the other hand when property prices rises faster than the income growth, no one is worried about how the lower income Singaporeans is going to survive. Simple answer to that is Singaporeans is generally a selfish society. BUT, I think our government is smart enough to introduce these cooling measures before it get out of hand. There is saying what goes up must come down, but in Singapore, prices can only go up, cannot come down.

6) Contrary to what you said, if property prices do come down, it will actually help lower business cost and making us more competitive. this will really help our local industry and our export.

Having said that, I am sure our government is not planning to crash the market, but I do foresee that their intent for property is to have flat or marginal growth for the next 4-5 years so that real income can catch up.

chiaberry
14-03-12, 09:35
There's too many ppl relying mainly on property for their living. It's time for the "flippers" and property agents to look into alternative and sustainable jobs that can add value to our economy and society. The days of easy pickings from property are gone.

buttercarp
14-03-12, 09:39
There's too many ppl relying mainly on property for their living. It's time for the "flippers" and property agents to look into alternative and sustainable jobs that can add value to our economy and society. The days of easy pickings from property are gone.

Property is a good egg nest.
It is good for retirees as well.

chiaberry
14-03-12, 09:46

I agree with this.

But a bubble seems to be building up in the new launches at historical high prices. How to get decent returns on them? If there are, I will be very happy (as an owner of investment property myself). But then I have a regular non-property income. What about those who depend solely or mainly on property returns?

buttercarp
14-03-12, 09:50
I agree with this.

But a bubble seems to be building up in the new launches at historical high prices. How to get decent returns on them? If there are, I will be very happy (as an owner of investment property myself). But then I have a regular non-property income. What about those who depend solely or mainly on property returns?

This is true.
One must have a regular non property generating income.
Not wise to solely rely on property for income, especially if one has school going kids.

Jadey
14-03-12, 09:54

but nest doesnt lay eggs. it only helps keep the eggs safe and warm.

stl67
14-03-12, 09:55

wah this one sounds like my plan for early retirement...but I believe in longer term investment

chiaberry
14-03-12, 09:58
Even for retirees at this point in time, it may not be wise to rely solely or mainly on property. In the event of an oversupply, they may find the income will drop or even worse, unable to find tenants for a few months or many months. Since the assets are accumulated by then, should diversify into other sources of income.

stl67
14-03-12, 10:00

in the long term, property is still a better hedge against inflation...
my parents-in-law is 1 eg...all the money put in the bank and sought of losing value.. now tell me that they should have buy this house that house in the past... i also prefer property investment but most important dont overstretch cause things can change

buttercarp
14-03-12, 10:05
my parents-in-law is 1 eg...all the money put in the bank and sought of losing value.. now tell me that they should have buy this house that house in the past... i also prefer property investment but most important dont overstretch cause things can change

Yup, couldn't agree more!
I have one friend who bought resale Bishan HDB near MRT in 1998 for high price. After MOP, did not move cos like the place very much. Wife nagged him to move cos all her friends upgraded to condo but he said want to save up to buy FH landed. To placate his wife, he bought a 5 series BMW. Till this day they still live there and their aim of a FH landed is still a dream...........

Jadey
14-03-12, 10:06
Even for retirees at this point in time, it may not be wise to rely solely or mainly on property. In the event of an oversupply, they may find the income will drop or even worse, unable to find tenants for a few months or many months. Since the assets are accumulated by then, should diversify into other sources of income.

I actually think that property is a good asset for retirement, however considering the cost of living here, I think i might consider getting a semi-d in Iskandar as retirement home and rent out my properties in Singapore.

chiaberry
14-03-12, 10:08

My parents also kept shares and the dividends from the shares are giving them a good income in their retirement.

buttercarp
14-03-12, 10:11
I actually think that property is a good asset for retirement, however considering the cost of living here, I think i might consider getting a semi-d in Iskandar as retirement home and rent out my properties in Singapore.

Is it safe for old folks to live there?

Jadey
14-03-12, 10:19

Wont be as safe as Singapore I presume. But if you are living in gated community it should be ok. But I am fine with that. Maybe just get a big dog, have proper security system and drive a Proton or something.

buttercarp
14-03-12, 10:21
Wont be as safe as Singapore I presume. But if you are living in gated community it should be ok. But I am fine with that. Maybe just get a big dog, have proper security system and drive a Proton or something.

And dress in rags!:D

stl67
14-03-12, 10:22

i like the idea, but problem is the relatives, friends, children and the grandchildren how? either go in every week to visit them or they come out every week.. quite 'leh chey' leh..

devilplate
14-03-12, 10:28
u mean property agts r not necessary? their job dun add value? LOL

y bother abt flippers....ever since 16% ssd was introduced.....flippers r gone for gd....wakakaka

teddybear
14-03-12, 10:28
Not safe at all for old folks. Old folks are always the first target for the snatch thiefs, burglers, robbers etc. Malaysia is not like Singapore. Even living in gated community you still need to drive some distance away outside of the community to buy your groceries (even assume you cook everyday at home and don't need to go out of your house). Those very big gated community become useless as security can't even remember whether you are residents in there, everybody also can go in, on the pretend of repair/maintenance of residents' houses etc.

Dogs are useless as robbers can give them poison meat & they then die from eating them (happened before in Malaysia).

You think their security guards can be trusted? Many cases of security guards collaborating with the robbers/burglers in Malaysia!

Live in Malaysia only when you die die have no choice because can't afford to even live in HDB flats, otherwise better forget about it. They also don't have disability-friendly or old-folk friendly amenities. Singaporeans just don't appreciate how good life they have in Singapore until they go live else where for a year. :doh:

devilplate
14-03-12, 10:30
Having said that, I am sure our government is not planning to crash the market, but I do foresee that their intent for property is to have flat or marginal growth for the next 4-5 years so that real income can catch up.

y bother to tok so much? which ppty cycle is sustainable? the fact is it is a cycle oredi tells u its not sustainable.....wakakaka

anyway, latest cm5 is a corrective measure and not cooling measure....tats y resale px negative for 2mths liao

price
14-03-12, 10:31
I am actually expecting property prices to continue south for the rest of the year.

but I do foresee that their intent for property is to have flat or marginal growth for the next 4-5 years so that real income can catch up.

Wow u covered all direction that prices can go. Flat, up marginally, south.

And the reason that you fear that will happen is a good indication on how this country has become so dependent on property to generate wealth, and this is not sustainable. If we dont put a stop to it, we will end up like America.

When did i mention anything about fearing that prices will come down? I'm simply stating the fact that it takes more than CMs to bring prices down. Of course I will wanna buy cheap property too.

devilplate
14-03-12, 10:32
I agree with this.

which other jobs/businesses/passive income generator r recession proof?

devilplate
14-03-12, 10:34
This is true.
One must have a regular non property generating income.
Not wise to solely rely on property for income, especially if one has school going kids.

it shd be like this.....one must have some other passive income generator.
not wise to solely depend on ur job/businesses for income especially if one has school gg kids.....

devilplate
14-03-12, 10:36
u r so wrong

ppty generate income....so it does lay eggs

perhaps GOLD fits ur bill very well.....it helps to keep the eggs(cash) safe and warm but doesnt lay egg(generate cash)

devilplate
14-03-12, 10:38
so which other sources of income is recession proof and will not see a dip in income?

buttercarp
14-03-12, 10:38
it shd be like this.....one must have some other passive income generator.
not wise to solely depend on ur job/businesses for income especially if one has school gg kids.....

In short, one should have 2 forms of income- passive and active.

devilplate
14-03-12, 10:40
My parents also kept shares and the dividends from the shares are giving them a good income in their retirement.
on the contrary, i do not recommend anyone to keep stocks for dividends....

do u noe how many so called blue chips today have not recovered back to their peak prices in 2007? will it ever recover? not all of them....

hold stocks or ppty in the long run is safer? its a no brainer

but i must say stocks had helped me ALOT! hehehe

one must noe stocks r for 'trading' and ppty is for keeping

definitely not the other way round.....

Jadey
14-03-12, 10:41
i like the idea, but problem is the relatives, friends, children and the grandchildren how? either go in every week to visit them or they come out every week.. quite 'leh chey' leh..

it is only leh chey if you have to commute everyday during the rush hours. The travelling time during non-peak is probably around 60mins from door to door. So during the weekday, you can take you time to drive back to Singapore and do your shopping makaning while people are busy at work. And on weekend, your family would come over to escape from the hussle and bussle of city life.

If you want your grandchildren to visit you, put a trampoline and a little pool in the garden.

devilplate
14-03-12, 10:43
In short, one should have 2 forms of income- passive and active.
everybody will have active income after they complete their studies.....and tats when they shd look for passive income after they secured their active income.....and plan for retirement.....bcoz active income stop completely when one stop working for others

devilplate
14-03-12, 10:45
y so troublesome??

stay in hdb and take public tpt in Sg aso can lower down ur cost of living rite?

how u gona stay in msia wif ur family in long run? isit so simple and easy to get PR there?

devilplate
14-03-12, 10:47
Not safe at all for old folks. Old folks are always the first target for the snatch thiefs, burglers, robbers etc. Malaysia is not like Singapore. Even living in gated community you still need to drive some distance away outside of the community to buy your groceries (even assume you cook everyday at home and don't need to go out of your house). Those very big gated community become useless as security can't even remember whether you are residents in there, everybody also can go in, on the pretend of repair/maintenance of residents' houses etc.

Dogs are useless as robbers can give them poison meat & they then die from eating them (happened before in Malaysia).

You think their security guards can be trusted? Many cases of security guards collaborating with the robbers/burglers in Malaysia!

Live in Malaysia only when you die die have no choice because can't afford to even live in HDB flats, otherwise better forget about it. They also don't have disability-friendly or old-folk friendly amenities. Singaporeans just don't appreciate how good life they have in Singapore until they go live else where for a year. :doh:
i totally agree

i dun even want to drive into msia if i hf a choice.....my life is too precious ;)

Jadey
14-03-12, 10:51
u r so wrong

perhaps GOLD fits ur bill very well.....it helps to keep the eggs(cash) safe and warm but doesnt lay egg(generate cash)

A property only belongs to you until it is fully paid up. And a property can only lay eggs if interest rate remain low and rental demand is healthy. But that is not something that will continue forever and what has happened in Dubai, Europe and America real estate industry is classic example why we shouldnt be putting all out eggs in one basket and life your life off your investment property unless of course if you are a property agent.

Are you?

buttercarp
14-03-12, 10:56
i totally agree

i dun even want to drive into msia if i hf a choice.....my life is too precious ;)

Agree with you.
Last time I took a coach to KL then rented malaysian car there to drive up to Cameron. No guts to drive own car there. Then in KL dress casually, wear old casio watch, never carry handbag but used a waist pouch instead.
I so paranoid in malaysia, liddat how to stay there?

devilplate
14-03-12, 10:56
A property only belongs to you until it is fully paid up. And a property can only lay eggs if interest rate remain low and rental demand is healthy. But that is not something that will continue forever and what has happened in Dubai, Europe and America real estate industry is classic example why we shouldnt be putting all out eggs in one basket and life your life off your investment property unless of course if you are a property agent.

Are you?

u always like to confused and divert ur attention

read my comments again w/o any prejudice.......did i say we shd put all eggs into ppty? live off soley on ppty? how u infer tat? pls explain b4 we proceed further

wakakakakaka

Jadey
14-03-12, 10:57
y so troublesome??

stay in hdb and take public tpt in Sg aso can lower down ur cost of living rite?

how u gona stay in msia wif ur family in long run? isit so simple and easy to get PR there?

What I am sharing is an alternative retirement plan which pussies like you and teddy will too afraid to venture. I would suggest that you both just stick to CCR property and continue to live your life like some domesticated pets...meow meow..:cheers2:

devilplate
14-03-12, 10:59
u r so wrong

I AM TOTALLY AMAZED TAT SOMEONE CAN ACTUALLY ASK ME WHETHER I AM A PPTY AGT BY MY COMMENTS ABOVE!!! WOW!!!

THEY CANNOT ACCEPT OTHERS TO POINT OUT THEIR MISTAKES? SO TRYING TO CONFUSE AND TOK THEIR WAY OUT?

WAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAAK

Jadey
14-03-12, 11:01
u always like to confused and divert ur attention

read my comments again w/o any prejudice.......did i say we shd put all eggs into ppty? live off soley on ppty? how u infer tat? pls explain b4 we proceed further

wakakakakaka

so its my fault that you have lower than average IQ?

devilplate
14-03-12, 11:01
What I am sharing is an alternative retirement plan which pussies like you and teddy will too afraid to venture. I would suggest that you both just stick to CCR property and continue to live your life like some domesticated pets...meow meow..:cheers2:
WOW SOUND LIKE ANOTHER SISSY B

SORE LOSERS TAT RESORT TO NAME CALLING?

price
14-03-12, 11:02

Are you?

Ridiculous statement. I pity you. Wake up please. Anyone here said they were living off pty investment alone? Seriously ur living in ur own world, fighting ur own battle.

First u said property prices gonna go south. Then marginal then now u say its gonna crawl up? Wake up ur mind man

devilplate
14-03-12, 11:03
so its my fault that you have lower than average IQ?
U R REALLY BEST AT WAT U R!!

CONFUSE!!!!

CANNOT EXPLAIN AND START TO ACCUSE ME AND CONFUSE AND DIVERT AGAIN

CLAP CLAP

Ilikeu
14-03-12, 11:03
so which other sources of income is recession proof and will not see a dip in income?

Cannot think of one myself... probably only negative beta portfolio can hedge against recession.

Jadey
14-03-12, 11:06
y so troublesome??

If you have no income and your saving are all in your property. where are you going to find money to live a comfortable retirement life without having to worry about rising cost and money?

devilplate
14-03-12, 11:08
Cannot think of one myself... probably only negative beta portfolio can hedge against recession.

geylang_OKT once said his biz is recession proof.....hahahaha

seriously, i can only tink of successful equity trader can ride thru ups and down......stocks/forex trader can earn alot and aso faster during any down cycle......

devilplate
14-03-12, 11:09
If you have no income and your saving are all in your property. where are you going to find money to live a comfortable retirement life without having to worry about rising cost and money?
tats y one shd not put all ur eggs into one asset class(ppty)

i did not suggest tat at all.....so i tink u shoot ur arrow at the wrong person

wakakakakak

Jadey
14-03-12, 11:13
Ridiculous statement. I pity you. Wake up please. Anyone here said they were living off pty investment alone? Seriously ur living in ur own world, fighting ur own battle.

First u said property prices gonna go south. Then marginal then now u say its gonna crawl up? Wake up ur mind man

YES, I did say that property prices in Singapore is heading south for this year because of CMs and the gloomy global trade. etc. and I did also say that GOVERNMENT INTENT with those CMS is for property prices to have flat or marginal growth till real income catches up.

What the government intent to do and what happen in the real world are 2 different thing. So please dont be confused.

amk
14-03-12, 11:14
Jadey the problem of your post is that, you make a statement, never substantiate your stand, and divert to something else.

I can see you made at least 3 bold statements, that just invite arguments:

1) When stock mkt is going up this year, SG pty market will go down. -> okay this is your opinion, prepare to defend it.

2) pty is no good for long term investment. -> this one very controversial. and you didn't even attempt to defend it when devil/teddy/others strongly disagree. and resort to some unnecessary languages.

3) iskandar/malaysia as retirement home, "gated community". -> this one even more controversial. can you at least defend it ? what's wrong of retiring in a HDB in your own country if cost is concern ? And as a Malaysian relative told me, in a "gated community", the first one to rob you is the guard ! :scared-4:

Jadey
14-03-12, 11:19
tats y one shd not put all ur eggs into one asset class(ppty)

i did not suggest tat at all.....so i tink u shoot ur arrow at the wrong person

wakakakakak

You were saying that by living in HDB flats and taking public transport, you can also save money so why all the trouble of living in Malaysia for retirement.

And my question to you is that if you have no income and savings are all in property, how are you going to survive in Singapore?

And your reply is tats y one shd not put all ur eggs into one asset class(ppty)

what exactly are you talking about here? If you think that retirement in Malaysia is a bad idea, then tell us what better alternative you have instead of going wakakakakak wakakakakak

Jadey
14-03-12, 11:22
Jadey the problem of your post is that, you make a statement, never substantiate your stand, and divert to something else.

I can see you made at least 3 bold statements, that just invite arguments:

1) When stock mkt is going up this year, SG pty market will go down. -> okay this is your opinion, prepare to defend it.

2) pty is no good for long term investment. -> this one very controversial. and you didn't even attempt to defend it when devil/teddy/others strongly disagree. and resort to some unnecessary languages.

3) iskandar/malaysia as retirement home, "gated community". -> this one even more controversial. can you at least defend it ? what's wrong of retiring in a HDB in your own country if cost is concern ? And as a Malaysian relative told me, in a "gated community", the first one to rob you is the guard ! :scared-4:

Appreciate if you could kindly quote what I said instead of twisting them with your own words. thanks

Jadey
14-03-12, 11:25
U R REALLY BEST AT WAT U R!!

CONFUSE!!!!

CANNOT EXPLAIN AND START TO ACCUSE ME AND CONFUSE AND DIVERT AGAIN

CLAP CLAP

using CAP or SHOUTING is usually for people who have problem convincing others with facts and logic.

devilplate
14-03-12, 11:33
You were saying that by living in HDB flats and taking public transport, you can also save money so why all the trouble of living in Malaysia for retirement.

And my question to you is that if you have no income and savings are all in property, how are you going to survive in Singapore?

And your reply is tats y one shd not put all ur eggs into one asset class(ppty)

what exactly are you talking about here? If you think that retirement in Malaysia is a bad idea, then tell us what better alternative you have instead of going wakakakakak wakakakakak
if all ur savings oredi in SG ppty, how can u migrate and retire in msia without any alternative income and cash?

yaozong7
14-03-12, 11:33
Iskandar retirement is not for everyone lah. People who dun want can opt out. People who are interested can read this thread and come to your own conclusions......

http://www.sammyboy.com/forumdisplay.php?17-A-Singaporean-s-guide-to-Living-In-JB

For me, I have already bought a gated terrace there. I will be renting out my HDB n condo n retire in JB. But as I said, it is not suitable for everyone lah.... To each his own, i guess....:D

devilplate
14-03-12, 11:34
using CAP or SHOUTING is usually for people who have problem convincing others with facts and logic.
i only used CAP on those SORE LOSERS

devilplate
14-03-12, 11:36
Iskandar retirement is not for everyone lah. People who dun want can opt out. People who are interested can read this thread and come to your own conclusions......

http://www.sammyboy.com/forumdisplay.php?17-A-Singaporean-s-guide-to-Living-In-JB

For me, I have already bought a gated terrace there. I will be renting out my HDB n condo n retire in JB. But as I said, it is not suitable for everyone lah.... To each his own, i guess....:D
how to retire in msia?

r u a msian urself? or u oredi hold a PR in msia?

how isit possible for a sporean to retire in msia? apply 10yrs long term visa? how about ur family members? i am not sure....perhaps u can share wif us wat u noe ;)

price
14-03-12, 11:37
I can't even be bothered to argue or hold a conversation with him. Lets just move on.

Jadey
14-03-12, 11:38
if all ur savings oredi in SG ppty, how can u migrate and retire in msia without any alternative income and cash?

Dont be rude, go read our discussion the beginning of the thread before you start asking stupid questions or making stupid remarks.

Jadey
14-03-12, 11:39
I can't even be bothered to argue or hold a conversation with him. Lets just move on.
thats because you are wise and he is not.

Ilikeu
14-03-12, 11:40

I haven't convinced myself to vest in Iskandar although i am really keen.

chiaberry
14-03-12, 11:45
which other jobs/businesses/passive income generator r recession proof?

I work in healthcare. Even if recession comes, people will still get sick and come to hospital.

We need more staff. Too many foreign talent in our industry. I just put out a directive to my HR to employ local Singaporeans only for my own (small) department.

Passive income generator. There is no magic one that is completely safe/recession-proof/can still have capital gains. You need a basket of different types of assets. Diversification is necessary. My parents hold shares of the local banks (OCBC/UOB). They buy when there's dips in the share prices (this is cyclical - like property). My in-law holds non-convertible preference shares in OCBC/Hyflux. They prefer not to buy property for investment as it is troublesome for them in their old age.

yaozong7
14-03-12, 11:51
how to retire in msia?

r u a msian urself? or u oredi hold a PR in msia?

how isit possible for a sporean to retire in msia? apply 10yrs long term visa? how about ur family members? i am not sure....perhaps u can share wif us wat u noe ;)

The JB forum by Singaporeans is v informative one. People interested can search there..... I am Singaporean lah but I dont intend to get Msia PR or apply for MM2H program. Every 2 weeks, U just need to make a detour at the customs or make a trip to Singapore, instead of applying for the 10 yr LT visa. The downside is, in future, I still have to get a SG-plated car to drive into SG. Cant drive S$62k Msia Honda Accord into Singapore. Damn...

My plan is for kids to stay in Singapore when they are grown up, while I stay in JB gated terrace & collect rental income from HDB & condo....But I have to stress that it is not suitable for everyone lah....:p

Bro Devilplate is v rich, so he dont need to do this lah, unlike me.....hehe

Jadey
14-03-12, 11:52
I haven't convinced myself to vest in Iskandar although i am really keen.

Should really keep an open mind because the cost of living in Singapore is getting really expensive. When you are young and job is good, you might not realise it, but when your income stop after retirement, every dollar and cents will count because you dont really know how long you are going to life.

if you could generate SGD5K (present value) of rental per month, you should be able to live quite comfortably in Malaysia

devilplate
14-03-12, 11:58
I work in healthcare. Even if recession comes, people will still get sick and come to hospital.

We need more staff. Too many foreign talent in our industry. I just put out a directive to my HR to employ local Singaporeans only for my own (small) department.

so do u mean ppl working in healthcare unlikely to get retrenched?
i believe healthcare sector is doing well bcoz our population grows...... wat if SG economy declines and FT all balek kampong? yes, everybody will fall sick during gd or bad times.....just like we nid to eat/drink/shyt everyday.....but we will try to cut down medical cost during bad times by going to polyclincis for eg....i believe healthcare sector in general is still susceptible to downturns.....

Passive income generator. There is no magic one that is completely safe/recession-proof/can still have capital gains. You need a basket of different types of assets. Diversification is necessary. My parents hold shares of the local banks (OCBC/UOB). They buy when there's dips in the share prices (this is cyclical - like property). My in-law holds non-convertible preference shares in OCBC/Hyflux. They prefer not to buy property for investment as it is troublesome for them in their old age.

yes diversification is necessary.....but i understand tat ur parents only holds shares as the only form of passive income rite? i tink u mention it b4....

gn108
14-03-12, 12:00
Everything in investment is trade-off ...risk/return, liquid/illiquid, long investment horizon vs short, active/passive investment,

I agree with you ...get a plan and spread some over the preferred investment vehicles - property, shares, NCCPs, REITS, Gold, and cash.

Property can be time consuming - finding, reno, tenant/agent, re-reno.
Financial products are easier to handle...

devilplate
14-03-12, 12:03
The JB forum by Singaporeans is v informative one. People interested can search there..... I am Singaporean lah but I dont intend to get Msia PR or apply for MM2H program. Every 2 weeks, U just need to make a detour at the customs or make a trip to Singapore, instead of applying for the 10 yr LT visa. The downside is, in future, I still have to get a SG-plated car to drive into SG. Cant drive S$62k Msia Honda Accord into Singapore. Damn...

My plan is for kids to stay in Singapore when they are grown up, while I stay in JB gated terrace & collect rental income from HDB & condo....But I have to stress that it is not suitable for everyone lah....:p

Bro Devilplate is v rich, so he dont need to do this lah, unlike me.....hehe
wah piang....dun get personal hor....dun say i am rich or i am ppty agt or i soley depend on ppty etc etc.....u say about urself is fine but dun get me into it leh....;)

the downside is a serious one....u still hf to own a car inorder to travel to and fro every 2wks

tats y i suggest ppl to stay in HDB and take public tpt if u really serious about cutting down on their expenses....

if one very poor and not much savings.....how can retire in a foreign countries like msia? it only makes things worse lor....

chiaberry
14-03-12, 12:10
so do u mean ppl working in healthcare unlikely to get retrenched?
i believe healthcare sector is doing well bcoz our population grows...... wat if SG economy declines and FT all balek kampong? yes, everybody will fall sick during gd or bad times.....just like we nid to eat/drink/shyt everyday.....but we will try to cut down medical cost during bad times by going to polyclincis for eg....i believe healthcare sector in general is still susceptible to downturns.....

yes diversification is necessary.....but i understand tat ur parents only holds shares as the only form of passive income rite? i tink u mention it b4....

SG economy declines - FT all balek kampung - healthcare workers will still have jobs if they are good workers and their jobs are less prone to sudden economic shocks compared to other sectors. In fact, if economy declines, property prices will ALSO decline and so will rentals so you will also not be immune to a down turn.

Yes you can go to polyclinic but if everybody thinks thus....the Qs in the polyclinic will be super super long and the public hospitals will be bursting at the seams for the subsidized beds....and there will still be a need for healthcare workers.

My advice to others is diversification but my parents are not so well diversified. That is true. Nevertheless they have more than enough cash and shares dividends to last the rest of their lives so they don't see a need to diversify. They are in the generation when capital appreciation of their assets has been great. We will not see such great capital appreciation in our generation.

yowetan
14-03-12, 12:20

What are the opportunities in Healthcare industry? I'd like to have a mid-career switch.

Are you in private or public hospital?

devilplate
14-03-12, 12:23
SG economy declines - FT all balek kampung - healthcare workers will still have jobs if they are good workers and their jobs are less prone to sudden economic shocks compared to other sectors. In fact, if economy declines, property prices will ALSO decline and so will rentals so you will also not be immune to a down turn.

Yes you can go to polyclinic but if everybody thinks thus....the Qs in the polyclinic will be super super long and the public hospitals will be bursting at the seams for the subsidized beds....and there will still be a need for healthcare workers.

My advice to others is diversification but my parents are not so well diversified. That is true. Nevertheless they have more than enough cash and shares dividends to last the rest of their lives so they don't see a need to diversify. They are in the generation when capital appreciation of their assets has been great. We will not see such great capital appreciation in our generation.

firstly, everybody knows ppty goes in cycle,....so its not my intention to prove otherwise.....rental obviously can come down

as i said, healthcare demand goes with population growth.....population drops...healthcare demand will drop and vice versa.....same goes to ppty, depends alot on population numbers....

devilplate
14-03-12, 12:24
What are the opportunities in Healthcare industry? I'd like to have a mid-career switch.

low end healthcare jobs tat locals shun r in demand....but dun tink u wana do it....lowly paid as well

service sector basically in very gd demand.....the funny thing is strong demand but paid low low.....waiter pay vy low and long hours

PN
14-03-12, 12:31
firstly, everybody knows ppty goes in cycle,....so its not my intention to prove otherwise.....rental obviously can come down

as i said, healthcare demand goes with population growth.....population drops...healthcare demand will drop and vice versa.....same goes to ppty, depends alot on population numbers....

The problem Singapore facing today is aging population and people also live longer. So demand for healthcare should be very strong until garment has a solution to it. Besides people are falling sick easily nowadays.

And the rich from neighboring countries like to come to Singapote for treatment for it's good Healthcare.

Just my thoughts.

devilplate
14-03-12, 12:40
The problem Singapore facing today is aging population and people also live longer. So demand for healthcare should be very strong until garment has a solution to it. Besides people are falling sick easily nowadays.

Just my thoughts.

actually hor demand is one thing...but those jobs like nursing r lowly paid and locals dunwan to do one if they hf a choice....

undertaker demand i heard very strong in demand too

so the demand is strong bcoz its lowly paid and locals dunwan to take up such jobs?

buttercarp
14-03-12, 12:44

Mid life crisis?
I don't think so, right... too early.

Mid career switch to health care sector may not be advisable for reasons cited so far by DP.
However if you have experience in administration, you may apply to be a hospital administrator.
But I think it is a hard job cos it is not an easy task to work with the clinicians.
Alternatively, you have apply to study to be a doctor at the Duke- NUS medical school. But you must have good financial support as you will not be getting any income when you are studying.

chiaberry
14-03-12, 12:45

If demand is going to drop, why is Govt. going to build more hospitals? Currently public/private hospitals have high occupancies. Like any other industry, demand for healthcare can go down, yes agreed... but the Govt has already declared its intention to increase capacity so there will be jobs in the new hospitals.

Private healthcare is much more sensitive to economic shocks but when that happens, the public hospitals become so saturated that the over-flow of patients to the private sector will still happen.

Healthcare jobs are not glamorous and the working hours are long and they are not so highly paid as banking/finance etc but as long as you work hard and keep up to date, it should be more stable than in the financial sector. At least you have a regular pay check coming in.

I agree with the post by buttercarp above regarding mid-career switch to healthcare.

devilplate
14-03-12, 12:52
If demand is going to drop, why is Govt. going to build more hospitals? Currently public/private hospitals have high occupancies. Like any other industry, demand for healthcare can go down, yes agreed... but the Govt has already declared its intention to increase capacity so there will be jobs in the new hospitals.

Private healthcare is much more sensitive to economic shocks but when that happens, the public hospitals become so saturated that the over-flow of patients to the private sector will still happen.

Healthcare jobs are not glamorous and the working hours are long and they are not so highly paid as banking/finance etc but as long as you work hard and keep up to date, it should be more stable than in the financial sector. At least you have a regular pay check coming in.

I agree with the post by buttercarp above regarding mid-career switch to healthcare.

wat r the jobs in healthcare tat is in great demand? nurses?

buttercarp
14-03-12, 12:57
wat r the jobs in healthcare tat is in great demand? nurses?

Nurse, speech therapist, occupational therapist, medical social worker, dietician, para medics are some to name a few.
Actually i think it all boils down to the pay.
I have a dietician my friend who enjoys her work alot.
However she said the pay is low

devilplate
14-03-12, 12:57
recently read an article abt job situation in china

many fresh grad shun blue collar jobs despite higher starting pay compare to white collar job.....not enuff white collar jobs for them and yet they rather remain jobless den to take up a blue collar jobs....

devilplate
14-03-12, 12:59
Nurse, speech therapist, occupational therapist, medical social worker, dietician, para medics are some to name a few.
ya lor....pay and job prospect is very impt too!

in life, either u make it or u remain stuck in rat race.....

how to generate passive income from ppty for eg? one must be able to find a high paying active job rite?

social workers in SG in great demand too! govt trying to encourage ppl to join by increase salary up to 15%!!

buttercarp
14-03-12, 13:03
ya lor....pay and job prospect is very impt too!

in life, either u make it or u remain stuck in rat race.....

how to generate passive income from ppty for eg? one must be able to find a high paying active job rite?

Inherited wealth, lucky streak are some other ways too.
Radha08 buying 1530, right?;)

the only thing i can afford for this house is to buy 20big 20small 1530
4d...:D:D:D:D

chiaberry
14-03-12, 13:06
To add to the above:

Pharmacists, radiographers, and to a lesser extent lab technicians (with experience) are also in demand.

Nurses - if they are willing to upgrade to become Theatre Nurse or ICU Nurse, their prospects are good. Even if they can't stand the rat-race of the hospital, they are in demand by private doctors' clinics.

Administrators - that is indeed a tough job, a lot of politics and KPIs (financial and service KPIs) and as mentioned by sis buttercarp, doctors are difficult to deal with.

devilplate
14-03-12, 13:12
i heard cleaners in great great demand too! ;)

forever wun get retrenched unless sick/disabled ....

buttercarp
14-03-12, 13:20
i heard cleaners in great great demand too! ;)

forever wun get retrenched unless sick/disabled ....

Great great demand = low low pay.

If cleaner is paid 2x more than your present job, will you quit your job to be a cleaner?
I will.

devilplate
14-03-12, 13:21

If cleaner is paid 2x more than your present job, will you quit your job to be a cleaner?
I will.
u better pray it dun happen.....it will only mean we r heading hyperinflation!

devilplate
14-03-12, 13:22

I will.
on the contrary, if cleaner pay is higher den let say a doctor/lawyer.....den it will be at high risk of getting retrenchment liao bcoz many ppl r eyeing for it....wakakakkaa

grad in cleaning services ;)

buttercarp
14-03-12, 13:30
on the contrary, if cleaner pay is higher den let say a doctor/lawyer.....den it will be at high risk of getting retrenchment liao bcoz many ppl r eyeing for it....wakakakkaa

grad in cleaning services ;)

Wah... then maintenance fees in PC will go up!

stl67
14-03-12, 13:42

cant agree with you more. my sister is a trained occupational therapist in US and she likes her job... but her paid is extremely low...

yaozong7
14-03-12, 13:44
wah piang....dun get personal hor....dun say i am rich or i am ppty agt or i soley depend on ppty etc etc.....u say about urself is fine but dun get me into it leh....;)

the downside is a serious one....u still hf to own a car inorder to travel to and fro every 2wks

tats y i suggest ppl to stay in HDB and take public tpt if u really serious about cutting down on their expenses....

if one very poor and not much savings.....how can retire in a foreign countries like msia? it only makes things worse lor....

Haha but Bro Devilplate is really rich mah..... U r one of my idols in this forum leh! Kekeke......... Yes i think retiring in Malaysia is not so suitable for the lower income, due to the 2 weeks thingy.

It is a distinct possibility for middle-income like me though, & that's y u start seeing the JB market being heated up by Singaporeans these last 2 years. Of course, there are significant downside risks like lack of a vibrant rental market and security. So I stress again that it's not an option for everyone though I would love to have some bros here as my future neighbours..... Hehe....

CCR
14-03-12, 13:50
i dont understand....

Whats wrong with depending on property for retirement income?
Stay in HDB, rent out 2 condos at 4k each.... 8k per month income...

Plus still got CPF and insurance pay out...

When you die, you have three properties to leave for your children instead of nothing if you buy annuity...

Jadey
14-03-12, 13:52
Haha but Bro Devilplate is really rich mah..... U r one of my idols in this forum leh! Kekeke......... Yes i think retiring in Malaysia is not so suitable for the lower income, due to the 2 weeks thingy.

It is a distinct possibility for middle-income like me though, & that's y u start seeing the JB market being heated up by Singaporeans these last 2 years. Of course, there are significant downside risks like lack of a vibrant rental market and security. So I stress again that it's not an option for everyone though I would love to have some bros here as my future neighbours..... Hehe....

if you want to buy Malaysia property, buy it for own stay only dont bother about renting as the rental market is pathetic. better off putting the money in MY fixed d.

buttercarp
14-03-12, 13:56
if you want to buy Malaysia property, buy it for own stay only dont bother about renting as the rental market is pathetic. better off putting the money in MY fixed d.

I tot KL more vibrant?
I know JB is pathetic.
My in laws got a 2 BR pte apartment there. Rental only 650 ringgit.
Pathetic.
I ask why they want to let out, they say if leave it empty afraid of burglers and vandals.
Have tenant better as there is someone to maintain the place.

devilplate
14-03-12, 14:00
I tot KL more vibrant?
I know JB is pathetic.
Pathetic.
I ask why they want to let out, they say if leave it empty afraid of burglers and vandals.
650 rm may not be able to cover the cost of reno etc wor....plus tenants can rob ur hse too....chasing for rental payments no joke as well....

btw, leave the hse empty and since oredi empty, y scare of burgler and vandals when there is nothing to steal or vandalise? hahaha

buttercarp
14-03-12, 14:06
650 rm may not be able to cover the cost of reno etc wor....plus tenants can rob ur hse too....chasing for rental payments no joke as well....

btw, leave the hse empty and since oredi empty, y scare of burgler and vandals when there is nothing to steal or vandalise? hahaha

That's what we told her, but she said the tenant is a good one.
My mother in-law got to know him when she took his taxi in JB.
(btw, my mom in -law likes to talk to strangers:doh: and that's how she got involved in the car scam)
Now he is working as an SBS bus driver and his wife a cashier in NTUC fairprice.
Now he got some savings and wants to buy over the apartment.

yaozong7
14-03-12, 14:11

Yes, JB properties not for rent 1. It's more to follow what the indonesians do to our District 9 luxury condo. Leave empty & flip on TOP. But must have holding power to leave the JB properties empty because rent is too low & renting may devalue the property for future flipping.....haha

devilplate
14-03-12, 14:16
Yes, JB properties not for rent 1. It's more to follow what the indonesians do to our District 9 luxury condo. Leave empty & flip on TOP. But must have holding power to leave the JB properties empty because rent is too low & renting may devalue the property for future flipping.....haha
since got no rental prospect at all.....y buy JB ppty?

might as well rent one in JB instead?

those indon diff....they dunwan to rent out sg ppty not bcoz we hf same underlying problems as JB mah

if SG ppty cannot buy to let out, i wun touch at all hor

devilplate
14-03-12, 14:19
instead of buying a JB ppty.....put 250k RM to earn 3% FD can get u 625RM /mth interest....den use it to rent a 650RM 2bdr in JB better rite?

Jadey
14-03-12, 14:26
I tot KL more vibrant?
I know JB is pathetic.
Pathetic.

buying strata title condo is worst. nobody cares about up keeping the place and owners are always late is paying their maintenance.

KL vibrant yes, but also more pricey as compared to Johor. Rental also weak because they dont have a big expact community.

If you dont have intention to live close to Singapore, can also consider Penang or Langkawi.

yaozong7
14-03-12, 14:26
instead of buying a JB ppty.....put 250k RM to earn 3% FD can get u 625RM /mth interest....den use it to rent a 650RM 2bdr in JB better rite?

Yah JB difficult to rent out, that's y I purchased only for home stay so that I can rent out SG properties to FT in future.....

The risk of investing in JB properties for capital gain is higher than SG bcos difficult to rent out. But capital gains can also be quite substantial depending on location of properties. As an eg, I bought my terrace for RM 500K. In phase 2, they are selling at RM 700K. But being more careful with my money, I din dare to invest in a 2nd JB property then.....haha

devilplate
14-03-12, 14:54
Yah JB difficult to rent out, that's y I purchased only for home stay so that I can rent out SG properties to FT in future.....

The risk of investing in JB properties for capital gain is higher than SG bcos difficult to rent out. But capital gains can also be quite substantial depending on location of properties. As an eg, I bought my terrace for RM 500K. In phase 2, they are selling at RM 700K. But being more careful with my money, I din dare to invest in a 2nd JB property then.....haha
Hmmm....can u flip at let say 600-650k now since developer selling for 700k?

ikan bilis
14-03-12, 15:02

think hor, m'sia all the time got SSD 1.... donkey years old law...
25% for 1st yr
20% for 2nd yr
15% for 3rd yr
10% for 4th yr
5% for 5th yr

but this tax is on sale's profit, not on sales price... no profit no tax...
:cheers4:

yaozong7
14-03-12, 15:07

I can but the problem is my retirement plan then goes up in smoke leh......haha....How to rent my SG properties to FT for retirement? Keke....

Oh yah, there's also a capital gains tax of 10% for first 2 years and 5% for 3rd to 5th year.....

http://www.malaysialoan.com.my/2012/01/2012-real-property-gains-tax-in-malaysia-rpgt/

Ilikeu
14-03-12, 15:11

You are in the right industry of Healthcare in SG context. It is obvious the govt and even Mr. Peter Lim is putting money into healthcare. However, healthcare is not a recession proof industry (purely in my opinion only), it is still a positive beta industry, albeit closer to the factor of zero.

ikan bilis
14-03-12, 15:18
I can but the problem is my retirement plan then goes up in smoke leh......haha....How to rent my SG properties to FT for retirement? Keke....

Oh yah, there's also a capital gains tax of 10% for first 2 years and 5% for 3rd to 5th year.....

http://www.malaysialoan.com.my/2012/01/2012-real-property-gains-tax-in-malaysia-rpgt/

rent out your hdb... S$3k/month... convert to MR7.5K... use MR1K (Or S$400) to rent a terrace house in jb... remaining MR6.5K shiok shiok enjoy low living expenses there... what's the problem? cannot rent house in jb meh?...:D

devilplate
14-03-12, 15:34

Actually wat i meant was can u find a buyer to offer let say 650k? Resale market and developer pricing can be very different hor

Greenwich first phase 9xxpsf, developer raised to 13xxpsf but tat doesnt mean those early buyer can flip close to 1300psf now

devilplate
14-03-12, 15:38
rent out your hdb... S$3k/month... convert to MR7.5K... use MR1K (Or S$400) to rent a terrace house in jb... remaining MR6.5K shiok shiok enjoy low living expenses there... what's the problem? cannot rent house in jb meh?...:D
Ya lor exactly wat i am timking!

Instead of locking money into jb ppty, y not rent it! Rental yield about 3-4% for jb ppty and mortgage rates is about 4-5%!
no brainer!

Same goes to aussie ppty now....LL is subsidising concubines! Wakaka

yaozong7
14-03-12, 15:41

Not easy to convince the Mrs leh.......In fact, I have been told to set aside RM 150K for the renovation, so that she can do up the weekend home beautifully..... Haiz.....:beats-me-man:

devilplate
14-03-12, 15:44
Not easy to convince the Mrs leh.......In fact, I have been told to set aside RM 150K for the renovation, so that she can do up the weekend home beautifully..... Haiz.....:beats-me-man:
If u can find someone to buy over at 650k now....SELL!!!

Jadey
14-03-12, 15:48

RM1K for Terrace house, which location?

teddybear
14-03-12, 15:56
There is problem, BIG BIG PROBLEM! You know what is the problem?

PROBLEM IS: Such money looks easy to made because come out with 20% down payment, then sit there to collect money from rental. So you see, many people who missed the boat or didn't make money from properties start to get red eye, sour grape, jealous, and start shouting for prices to crash so that they hope they can get on the boat CHEEP CHEEP too and start to earn the so-called "easy money"! :doh:

So, govt don't want you to make easy money and also lose votes because many people missed the boat and have been complaining father-mother, so:
- here comes 60% LTV (instead of previously 80%),
- still not enough to correct the property price so there comes 16% SSD,
- still not enough to correct the price so comes 10% ABSD.
- 1 more round of cooling measure, I bet the price sure crash! Ha ha ha! Time to start to pick up durians lor! :p

Is property money easy? NO NO NO! You still need to take risk!
Easy money and no risk are those who don't come out with their own money, who yet set their own salary package, justifying with all sort of reasons and the people who actually come out with the capital to be at risk can't even change their salaries, and their jobs are just to direct other people to do work! :hell-hath-no-fury:

i dont understand....

Whats wrong with depending on property for retirement income?
Stay in HDB, rent out 2 condos at 4k each.... 8k per month income...

Plus still got CPF and insurance pay out...

When you die, you have three properties to leave for your children instead of nothing if you buy annuity...

Jadey
14-03-12, 16:01
If u can find someone to buy over at 650k now....SELL!!!

Nothing personal here.

Have you ever ask yourself if you are in position to give advise on what when how to buy or sell Malaysia property?

Unless you have personally invested and studied the property market in
Iskandar, if not it might be better to stop pretending like some GURU. :doh:

SELL? Why would any sensible investors want to exit when there are so many development happening in Iskandar right now?

Perhaps you should spend more time reading and learning before you speak. And dont get carried away by what others said about you.

No offense. Just my opinion.

devilplate
14-03-12, 16:09
Nothing personal here.

Have you ever ask yourself if you are in position to give advise on what when how to buy or sell Malaysia property?

Unless you have personally invested and studied the property market in
Iskandar, if not it might be better to stop pretending like some GURU. :doh:

SELL? Why would any sensible investors want to exit when there are so many development happening in Iskandar right now?

Perhaps you should spend more time reading and learning before you speak. And dont get carried away by what others said about you.

No offense. Just my opinion.
Nothing personal but u accuse me of pretending like some guru....lol

Ok i shall listen to other bro and ignore all ur comments from now....got too much time also dunwan to waste on u....wakaka

singaporecondo99
14-03-12, 16:18
I say property will increase around 5-10% by the end of this year 2012 unless huge dip in STI and singapore economy, I don't foresee any property crashes once US and UK economy improves.

I recall a similar situation during Year 2009, when the stock market has rally, but ppl is still speculating the property market will continue to crash back to 2005 prices by end of Year 2009. Bull shit.

But the stock rallies, and the property market rally follow so and the property market quickly shoot way abv 2008 peak by year 2010.

If our local stock market is a healthy condition in the remaining on this year and on bull run, i can almost confirm plus gurantee we will not see a crash in property. 100% confirm

We may witness an increase in PPI as early as June/July 2012.

Don't miss the boat, the resale market is still dead now, and there are more and more firesales. It's a good timing to enter the market and the property market will rebounce earlier than we all expected.

Jadey
14-03-12, 16:29
I say property will increase around 5-10% by the end of this year 2012 unless huge dip in STI and singapore economy, I don't foresee any property crashes once US and UK economy improves.

I recall a similar situation during Year 2009, when the stock market has rally, but ppl is still speculating the property market will continue to crash back to 2005 prices by end of Year 2009. Bull shit.

But the stock rallies, and the property market rally follow so and the property market quickly shoot way abv 2008 peak by year 2010.

If our local stock market is a healthy condition in the remaining on this year and on bull run, i can almost confirm plus gurantee we will not see a crash in property. 100% confirm

We may witness an increase in PPI as early as June/July 2012.

Don't miss the boat, the resale market is still dead now, and there are more and more firesales. It's a good timing to enter the market and the property market will rebounce earlier than we all expected.

The reason why the resale and luxury market is dead is not because of external factor that is happening in the US or UK or Europe, but the cooling measures. And the last CM was introduced during a time of economic uncertainty with the whole intent of cooling the property prices.

And if like you said, world economy do recover, then there will be more reason for government to will not remove them because it didnt crash the market. In fact is property prices continue to surge ahead without any significant income growth, then get ready for CM6.

Jadey
14-03-12, 16:30
Nothing personal but u accuse me of pretending like some guru....lol

Ok i shall listen to other bro and ignore all ur comments from now....got too much time also dunwan to waste on u....wakaka

I was expecting you to tell me why it is time to sell malaysia property not Wakakaka

devilplate
14-03-12, 16:39
I was expecting you to tell me why it is time to sell malaysia property not Wakakaka
i oredi said i dunwan to waste my time on u....

amk
14-03-12, 16:45
There is problem, BIG BIG PROBLEM! You know what is the problem?
.... who missed the boat or didn't make money from properties start to get red eye, sour grape, jealous, and start shouting for prices to crash ...

actually, it's simply because he didn't make any money from gold.

price
14-03-12, 16:47
i oredi said i dunwan to waste my time on u....
wise decision!

I dont understand how is he here talking down property investment and asking ppl's advise in the D19 thread on which property to look at in punggol. :doh:

amk
14-03-12, 16:59
...if like you said, world economy do recover, then there will be more reason ....
so u r saying, when the world economy recovers, stocks going up everywhere, and yet SG property will still go down simply because of gov measures ??

does this even make sense ??

I think when the world recovers, the only thing that will go down is gold ! Told you last year dun bet on gold hitting 2000 !

TS's optimistic opinion is based on a precondition that "world economy recovers". Even the lamest analyst will not predict a pty market crash when the whole economy is booming !

If you want to defend your stand, at the very least you should start by "world economy is not recovering yet" :cool:

price
14-03-12, 17:00
so u r saying, when the world economy recovers, stocks going up everywhere, and yet SG property will still go down simply because of gov measures ??

Think his Micro and Macro Economics got mixed up

devilplate
14-03-12, 17:07

oredi got some weak hands dump their CCR big ticket ppty liao leh....this latest cm5 is super biased against luxury high end market

latest cm5 is a corrective measure imo....

as for gold.....it will crash more den ppty if int rates starts to raise

amk
14-03-12, 17:13
oredi got some weak hands dump their CCR big ticket ppty liao leh....this latest cm5 is super biased against luxury high end market

latest cm5 is a corrective measure imo....

I agree on the weak hand part.

And that's also because the weak hands are not seeing world economy picking up, neither are they seeing stocks going up. In fact the weak hands are seeing the opposite. And because of the economy is not doing well, either he lost his business, or he lost in stocks and needs margin call, or he lost his job, etc, he has to dump.

If the economy is on a firm recovering path, no one will be in a rush to exit pty at a loss.

devilplate
14-03-12, 17:20

And that's also because the weak hands are not seeing world economy picking up, neither are they seeing stocks going up. In fact the weak hands are seeing the opposite. And because of the economy is not doing well, either he lost his business, or he lost in stocks and needs margin call, or he lost his job, etc, he has to dump.

If the economy is on a firm recovering path, no one will be in a rush to exit pty at a loss.

it coincided nicely wif cm5....so i tend to believe ccr firesale is more due to cm5.....ppty is also about supply and demand rite? foreign demand almost gone overnite since Dec 2011

devilplate
14-03-12, 17:24
FEO commercial office PS100 sold out fast and furious.....it is expensive and big quantum....but y can move so fast leh? bcoz cm5 din affect them mah ;)

devilplate
14-03-12, 17:26
http://www.commercialguru.com.sg/listing/8792211/for-sale-ps100-tanjong-pagar-mrt-oasia-hotel

wow flippers change target to commercial....LOL

singaporecondo99
14-03-12, 17:28
IMO, it is a good timing now to explore CCR/RCR re-sale market and look for firesales, especially now when the gap between OCR and CCR/RCR prices is now closing.

One thing for sure, our local ppty market is unlikely to crash or down > 50% as what has been emphasized by MR B in the "other thread". For this to happen locally, it has to be pressed down by very weak local and global economy conditions.

The US elections and London olympics come at the right timing, I am looking forward to the stock market reactions this year.

amk
14-03-12, 17:29
still the macro economic environment counts. as of now, no one is really certain where this economy/stock is going. those selling at loss are the ones who believe things will get worse. and those who are buying are seeing things opposite. CM changes the balance more.

singaporecondo99
14-03-12, 17:29

Yeah, I have the same thoughts too :D

Jadey
14-03-12, 17:33

I think when the world recovers, the only thing that will go down is gold ! Told you last year dun bet on gold hitting 2000 !

TS's optimistic opinion is based on a precondition that "world economy recovers". Even the lamest analyst will not predict a pty market crash when the whole economy is booming !

If you want to defend your stand, at the very least you should start by "world economy is not recovering yet" :cool:

The problem about people like you is that you is quote one or partial sentence of our context and then start asking stupid questions.

please go read and understand what I was talking to TS before asking dumb question.

Gold is not a bet, it is part of investment portfolio which I accumulate over the years. If you wish to talk about gold, start a new thread.

devilplate
14-03-12, 17:34
still the macro economic environment counts. as of now, no one is really certain where this economy/stock is going. those selling at loss are the ones who believe things will get worse. and those who are buying are seeing things opposite. CM changes the balance more.
actually hor....if i am a foreigner, i will buy if ppty px drop abt 10%....offset the extra 10% absd....logical? hehehe

i tink ccr px shd drop abit more....those selling below value may not suffer a loss....jus less profit lor

Condo Kaiser
14-03-12, 17:40
Any thoughts on the Banyan Tree residence in Pavillion KL? this weekend got event at some hotel here to sell....

Thinking of getting a unit there... but never bought anything in Malaysia before.

Jadey
14-03-12, 17:45
IMO, it is a good timing now to explore CCR/RCR re-sale market and look for firesales, especially now when the gap between OCR and CCR/RCR prices is now closing.

One thing for sure, our local ppty market is unlikely to crash or down > 50% as what has been emphasized by MR B in the "other thread". For this to happen locally, it has to be pressed down by very weak local and global economy conditions.

The US elections and London olympics come at the right timing, I am looking forward to the stock market reactions this year.

I already thought of that since mid last year, and even went as far as trying to set up a property fund to buy distress asset in Q2/Q3 this year. But with the CM5, all hell break loose. Dont need to talk further. just suck thumb and look for other opportunity outside property.

IMO, there is no chance for us to see the repeat of 2008-2011 cycle for the next 4 to 5 years regardless of how good the global economy is because Singapore government will not allow it.

amk
14-03-12, 19:25
The problem about people like you is that you is quote one or partial sentence of our context and then start asking stupid questions.

please go read and understand what I was talking to TS before asking dumb question.

See this is your problem. What exactly is your point then ? I listed 3, you neither deny them, nor acknowledge them. You can't clearly say exactly what your stand is. And you argue with every one else. And shifting your stand all the time. And please take a look at your language... Are you really a fan of Mr B ?

... Actually now I remember you.. Last year in some other thread, you were unable to say exactly what your stand was either. It's totally impossible to engage in a meaningful discussion.

Jadey
14-03-12, 22:27
See this is your problem. What exactly is your point then ? I listed 3, you neither deny them, nor acknowledge them. You can't clearly say exactly what your stand is. And you argue with every one else. And shifting your stand all the time. And please take a look at your language... Are you really a fan of Mr B ?

... Actually now I remember you.. Last year in some other thread, you were unable to say exactly what your stand was either. It's totally impossible to engage in a meaningful discussion.

I believe I have already requested you to quote what I say word for word instead of selectively quoting me out of context so that you can twist the facts around and ask stupid question.

Grow up lah. If you have some suggestion to this thread, please shoot, or else just zip and read.

ezonme
14-03-12, 22:57

don't be too happy about this year Olympic . Statistic shows recession always happen after an Olympic.

singaporecondo99
14-03-12, 23:17
don't be too happy about this year Olympic . Statistic shows recession always happen after an Olympic.

This time may be different. A developed country already in recession holding an olympic, that's interesting. It may not be burst into a recession again after the olympic. That's why looking forward to see this outcome :D

Jadey
15-03-12, 00:05

yes look at whats happening to greece now.

CCR
15-03-12, 00:16
Property prices go up slowly also good...

one year 5% nice and slow,,,, ,after 10 years compounded should be 60%_.... good too

singaporecondo99
15-03-12, 00:47
yes look at whats happening to greece now.

It depends. 4 yrs ago was China, and after Olympics, they are strong and mighty.

Jadey
15-03-12, 01:14
It depends. 4 yrs ago was China, and after Olympics, they are strong and mighty.

China was already almighty and the fastest growing economy before the Olympic. And Olympic is just a ceremony for them to showcase their country and capability to the world.

For UK, there is really nothing new lah.

samuelk
15-03-12, 06:15
Agree with you.
Last time I took a coach to KL then rented malaysian car there to drive up to Cameron. No guts to drive own car there. Then in KL dress casually, wear old casio watch, never carry handbag but used a waist pouch instead.
I so paranoid in malaysia, liddat how to stay there?
u r right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKru4JbaxGs

maybe a one off but I doubt so

Jadey
15-03-12, 08:18

Fitch Ratings revised down its outlook on Britain's AAA rating to negative on Wednesday, warning the nation could lose its top-notch status in the next couple of years if the government eases back on its debt cutting stance.

Jadey
15-03-12, 10:23
LONDON (AFP) - Britain will next week unveil plans for issuing state-bonds lasting 100 years, a Treasury source said on Wednesday, as the government looks at locking in low interest rates.

Britain's finance minister George Osborne will use his annual budget statement on March 21 to launch a consultation on century-long government bonds, or gilts, the source told AFP.

Chancellor of the Exchequer, Mr Osborne may also unveil plans for perpetual government bond loans for the first time in almost 100 years, the source added.

Britain last issued perpetual bonds, on which the capital is never repaid but interest is charged forever, following the end of the First World War in 1918

singaporecondo99
15-03-12, 20:30
Private home sales hit new high (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2012/3/32575/private-home-sales-hit-new-high)

Mar 15, 2012 - PropertyGuru.com.sg By Romesh Navaratnarajah

Despite the gloomy economic outlook and recent cooling measures, private home sales in February remained strong and set a new record with transactions hitting 3,138 units including executive condominiums (ECs).

Data from the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) revealed that excluding ECs, the figures mark a 118 percent increase year-on-year to 2,413 units, as opposed to the 1,105 units recorded in the same period last year.

Top selling projects during the month were Parc Rosewood (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/search/parc-rosewood/property-listings) at Woodlands, which sold 380 units at a median price of S$994 psf, and Guillemard Edge at Geylang, which sold 275 units at a median price of S$1,215 psf.

As for ECs, Twin Waterfalls saw 257 units sold at a median price of S$727 psf while The Tampines Trilliant sold 187 units.

Most sales took place in the OCR (Outside Central Region) with a record of 1,830 transactions. ECs accounted for 23 percent of the total private home sales volume, as 725 units were snapped up in February backed by the higher income ceiling for acquiring ECs.

“Property developers had held back the launches in December 2011, especially after the ABSD. However, encouraged by the strong take-up rate of properties in January 2012, developers’ timely release of new launches (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/new-homes-for-sale) in February had gained momentum and many had pushed ahead with their launches in the OCR while activity remained muted within the Core Central Region (CCR),” noted Mohammed Ismail, Chief Executive Officer of PropNex Realty.

The numbers are still robust “even after a seemingly draconian round of ABSD measure and after five rounds of property cooling measures that began in 2009,” said Alan Cheong, Director, Research & Consultancy at Savills (Singapore) Pte Ltd.

“It could be that Singaporeans have an innate desire to own properties. This desire, built up over a generation of public housing policy is evidenced by the fact that 87 percent of Singaporeans own their homes.”

Cheong added that the run up in the stock market could also be instrumental in boosting buyers’ sentiment.

“However, the main demand driver has been low mortgage rates which is generally below 1.5 percent,” he noted.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2012/3/32575/private-home-sales-hit-new-high

singaporecondo99
15-03-12, 20:36
The Bull Run continues ...

15 Mar 2012

STI 3,025.84

Dow Jones 13194.10

ezonme
16-03-12, 06:32

let me recalled..
sub prime surfaced in 2007, stock markets ignored the sign, hit to high level till prior to Olympic 08.

sse high is about 6100+ in Oct 2007. Immediately after the Olympic sse plunged almost 70%. Growth decreased from 12-14% to current predicated growth of 7-8%. Whether history repeats itself, you guess is as good as mine but I won't bet China will be getting stronger and mighty for next few years with the Europe crisis. Cheers!

Montaigne
16-03-12, 08:13
let me recalled..
sub prime surfaced in 2007, stock markets ignored the sign, hit to high level till prior to Olympic 08.

sse high is about 6100+ in Oct 2007. Immediately after the Olympic sse plunged almost 70%. Growth decreased from 12-14% to current predicated growth of 7-8%. Whether history repeats itself, you guess is as good as mine but I won't bet China will be getting stronger and mighty for next few years with the Europe crisis. Cheers!

Dun worry, pty prices will come down, the question is when and whether we have the patience to wait. I give myself a deadline till end 2013. I won't lose out much since prices will not shoot up by much even if it didn't crash.

hyenergix
16-03-12, 08:18
Dun worry, pty prices will come down, the question is when and whether we have the patience to wait. I give myself a deadline till end 2013. I won't lose out much since prices will not shoot up by much even if it didn't crash.

Judging by the recent condos sales volume and performance of stocks market, prices of properties at desirable locations will go up very soon.

ECs are now very hot, and most likely developers will chiong the GLS for ECs, causing prices to go up as well. This forms a firm level of price support for mass market condos, so the latter prices won't crash.

What may come down slightly are those not at very ideal locations, so you may be left with those condos to choose from. But note that even Seng Kang and Punggol 99LH condo prices are creeping up...

Montaigne
16-03-12, 08:23
Judging by the recent condos sales volume and performance of stocks market, prices of properties at desirable locations will go up very soon.

ECs are now very hot, and most likely developers will chiong the GLS for ECs, causing prices to go up as well. This forms a firm level of price support for mass market condos, so the latter prices won't crash.

What may come down slightly are those not at very ideal locations, so you may be left with those condos to choose from. But note that even Seng Kang and Punggol 99LH condo prices are creeping up...

The question is whether demand is high enough to meet the huge supply. seems like demand is drying up soon at the rate ppl are buying now....

hyenergix
16-03-12, 08:28
The question is whether demand is high enough to meet the huge supply. seems like demand is drying up soon at the rate ppl are buying now....

If your expectation of location is not high and 99LH is okay, there is good chance that developers with large inventories could give discount to clear off the remaining units in 2013. Based on my estimations, there is indeed a large over-supply of pte condos for buyers-stayers. The Feb figure (mostly MMs for investors and ECs for stayers) and pretty confirms my conclusion.

chiaberry
16-03-12, 09:24
Those units just TOPed in Water Waves offered for sale in propertyguru.com look reasonably priced. IMO better value than the Bedok Residences. When many many projects TOP over the next few years, there will be good bargains - that's my feeling. Unfortunately anything I buy now will be subject to ABSD. Otherwise I will be looking to increase my portfolio. With TOPed units, you can see the facing/finishes so much better than buying something off the plan.

Hope the govt will relax the ABSD in the future when there is a flood of resale units in the future. Then there's chance of a small durian for me. hehehe

:cool:

lufu
16-03-12, 09:37
All these people who bought in Feb or after ABSD are probably investing in the long term...for own stay.

Judging by the sales in OCR, I assume these are mainly HDB upgraders.
Is HDB really so bad that everyone want to move out?

chiaberry
16-03-12, 09:55
All these people who bought in Feb or after ABSD are probably investing in the long term...for own stay.

Judging by the sales in OCR, I assume these are mainly HDB upgraders.
Is HDB really so bad that everyone want to move out?

No they are keeping their HDB to rent out and using the rental proceeds to fund their new private condo.

I presume Water Waves was sold before the CMs and therefore the owners are looking to cash in without penalty?

latour
27-03-12, 16:44
some says up, but some says down.
So how arg? forumers here suppose to share rite and wish make money rite?

price
27-03-12, 16:45
some says up, but some says down.
So how arg? forumers here suppose to share rite and wish make money rite?

If forever up isnt it good? everyone makes money at any point in time. just hold long long can liao :D:cheers5:

latour
27-03-12, 16:49
If forever up isnt it good? everyone makes money at any point in time. just hold long long can liao :D:cheers5:

i think you rite, know of someone wen around resale market and make offer ranging from 15% to 20% lower then asking quantum 1.5mil to 2.8mil type since late Dec till now nobody accept... holding power super super strong leh...

price
27-03-12, 16:52
i think you rite, know of someone wen around resale market and make offer ranging from 15% to 20% lower then asking quantum 1.5mil to 2.8mil type since late Dec till now nobody accept... holding power super super strong leh...
Ya lor. better than those people who pray everyday market crash, ppl jump, families break up, loss of jobs, then finally they happily pick up fire sales

samuelk
29-03-12, 06:04
With the 8000 units release for BTO, will the prices be moderated or slip then to continue to rise ?

price
29-03-12, 10:30
With the 8000 units release for BTO, will the prices be moderated or slip then to continue to rise ?
BTO got HDB guidelines leh not everyone can buy

Juniper
29-03-12, 10:44
Softer home prices pave way for a buyer's market

Flash estimates for SRPI show prices of completed homes sliding 0.8% in Feb

By MICHELLE TAN
(SINGAPORE) Buyers waiting on the sidelines may have more to smile about in the coming months as prices of private completed homes continued to fall across the board in February.

According to flash estimates released by the National University of Singapore for its Singapore Residential Price Index (SRPI), prices of completed properties softened by 0.8 per cent compared with the previous month. In particular, small apartments islandwide (up to 506 square feet) and the Central Region (excluding small units) - comprising districts 1 to 4 and the prime residential districts of 9, 10 and 11 - saw the greatest decline, down 0.9 per cent month-on-month.
The sub-index for Non-Central (excluding small apartments) also finally caved in to negative sentiment, falling 0.6 per cent on a monthly basis.
Said Nicholas Mak, head of research and consultancy at SLP International Property Consultancy: 'The downtrend in secondary market prices is a sign of slowing demand, which could potentially lead to the evolution of a buyer's market over the next few months.'

Credo Real Estate executive director Ong Teck Hui also expects a more conducive environment for buyers to price negotiate going forward but said it remains to be seen whether secondary market prices will eventually soften enough for buyers to realise that they may get better buys in the secondary than primary market.

In January, only the Non-Central (excluding small apartments) sub-index posted a monthly gain of 0.3 per cent whereas the sub-indices for the larger units in the Central region and small apartments slipped 2.4 per cent and 2.1 per cent respectively, dragging January's overall SRPI index down by 1 per cent month-on-month.

Most consultants expect the SRPI to continue trending downwards on the back of faltering secondary market sales, though some said that buyers might be lured back once prices fall below a certain threshold.
Said Ong Kah Seng, director at consultancy R'ST Research: 'If a significant re-pricing of centrally located homes continue on the back of persistent demand contraction in the second half of 2012, narrowing the (price) gap of centrally located and sub-urban condominiums, some opportunistic local investors who are ready to finance a property may dive in, making joint purchases in selected centrally located homes as they tend to have strong property investment fundamentals, translating to better leasing interest from foreigners.'

The SRPI basket tracks the prices of 370 private residential projects (excluding executive condominiums) located across 25 postal districts here that were completed between October 2001 and September 2011.

lufu
30-03-12, 23:37

all snapped up already.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2012/3/32706/hdb-applications-exceed-available-flats

maybe they need to release another 8000 to see any real effect. :D

land118
30-03-12, 23:40
All defying KBW...:scared-4:

Now HDB still to come up with another 8k or maybe 10k of BTO soon...