PDA

View Full Version : LTA Widening Roads in Kallang Area

irisng
15-03-12, 22:40
http://www.oneshift.com/news/news.php?newsid=5896

The Land Transport Authority has awarded a contract to Samwoh Corporation Pte Ltd for the widening of roads in Kallang area.

This road widening project is one of the proposed improvements to support the upcoming developments in the Kallang area, which include the Kallang Riverside development, the Sports Hub development and redevelopment of Kallang Industrial Estate.

The main scope of the widening works involves widening stretches of Kallang Road, Sims Avenue, Geylang Road and Sims Way by one lane. It also includes widening of Sir Arthur's Bridge and the bridge at Sims Avenue across Kallang River.

The road widening works are expected to complete by the second quarter of 2014.

anythingwhatever
15-03-12, 23:31
(More) Way to go...

newhomes
18-03-12, 10:40
Geylang road is ald has 4 lanes I think, and shops at left hand side has only left with narrow corridor in between the main road. Wonder how LTA expand it.
Also during night time ppl are just jaywalking like nobody to opposite side. I hope LTA will build those handrails to prevent them doing so in future.

focus
18-03-12, 14:40
Geylang road is ald has 4 lanes I think, and shops at left hand side has only left with narrow corridor in between the main road. Wonder how LTA expand it.
Also during night time ppl are just jaywalking like nobody to opposite side. I hope LTA will build those handrails to prevent them doing so in future.

Oh.. .. you never see your ECP before?
Last time the lanes was damn big... maybe 4 lanes ...
suddenly it become 5 lanes...and then... whenever i drive like >80km/hr... i will go out of line if i'm not careful.
Dunno whether it is the lane become narrower or my eyesight failing me.

fafalulu
19-03-12, 12:08
widening by eating into the where? geyland road both sides are shop houses..

newhomes
19-03-12, 12:42
From LTA website. Last Updated on 30/09/2011

http://app.ltgallery.lta.gov.sg/data/0/lta/Annex%20A%20-%20Road%20works%20for%20Kallang%20Area.pdf

widening until lorong 8 only.

price
19-03-12, 13:20
widening by eating into the where? geyland road both sides are shop houses..

Kallang Area ma, not entire Geylang