Lor 39 D'Weave 71
Sims Ave Centra Heights 90
Sims Ave Suites @ Sims 48
Geylang Rd Le Regal 88
Jalan Ayer Studio8 35
Geylang East Ave 2 Sims Edge 78
Total 1749

Did i miss out anything?

Perhaps can arrange the list in the chronological order of T.O.P year...

newhomes
19-03-12, 18:31
Lorong 1 studio8 ?

price
19-03-12, 19:44
Lorong 1 studio8 ?

Already there :D

price
19-03-12, 20:05
Perhaps can arrange the list in the chronological order of T.O.P year...

It won't be accurate. Some state 2014 but already TOP, some late TOP etc.

Fleur
19-03-12, 20:11
Too many units launched in geylang. The traffic is going to be worst. It is amazing that some are hitting 13xx psf. Any more in the pipeline?

Fleur
19-03-12, 20:12
Already there :D

What about smart suites?

ikan bilis
19-03-12, 21:11
heya... 1750x mm only enough for 3500 cute meimei...
we need more mm & meimei lah... if don;t believe me you can go ask geylang okt... :D

price
19-03-12, 21:33
Too many units launched in geylang. The traffic is going to be worst. It is amazing that some are hitting 13xx psf. Any more in the pipeline?

Centra Studio/suites are already @ 1.4kpsf! Many many many more to come!

price
19-03-12, 21:35
What about smart suites?

Oh yes! how many units for that 1? just add on then! I'm sure i missed many others :scared-2:

price
19-03-12, 21:42
Lor 6 Royce Residences 36
Lor 7 Centra Residences 78
Lor 14 Central Imperial 63
Lor 22 Prime Residences 39
Lor 25 Centra Studios 51
Lor 25A Centra Suites 62
Lor 26 Rezi 26 106
Lor 26 La Fleur 58
Lor 26 Casa Aerata 78
Lor 28 La Brisa 84
Lor 28 Melosa 54
Lor 30 Guillemard Edge 275
Lor 30 Viento 48
Lor 30 Suites 28 64
Lor 32 Ness 62
Lor 34 Primedge 36
Lor 35 Centra Loft 47
Lor 38 The Water Edge 98
Lor 39 D'Weave 71
Sims Ave Centra Heights 90
Sims Ave Suites @ Sims 48
Geylang Rd Le Regal 88
Jalan Ayer Studio8 35
Geylang East Ave 2 Sims Edge 78
Total 1749

Did i miss out anything?

Lor 30 Idyllic Suites 71
Sims Ave Smart Suites 72

Total 1892 MM Units!! :doh:

newhomes
19-03-12, 23:46
Can have the sells record info? eg total sold units and median psf? All in one table will be very easy to reference.

azeoprop
20-03-12, 00:58
Wow...those who bought Atrium Residences at 400psf a few years ago all huat big time! :scared-1:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9343

price
20-03-12, 07:13
Can have the sells record info? eg total sold units and median psf? All in one table will be very easy to reference.

Mostly are near 100% sold

irisng
21-03-12, 08:35

But not everybody has a car leh especially if majority of the units are meant for rental.

Geylang has so many projects but the quantum is small unlike other areas, if by average one project has 300 units, 10 projects will have 3,000 units.:scared-1:

price
21-03-12, 08:44
But not everybody has a car leh especially if majority of the units are meant for rental.

Geylang has so many projects but the quantum is small unlike other areas, if by average one project has 300 units, 10 projects will have 3,000 units.:scared-1:

Yea, but these 2000 units are only the new ones that have yet to complete. Adding onto the current ones, even if none of these 2000 units own a car, human traffic will increase tremendously. Look at what happened to Joo Chiat and TK after all the MMs are completed. Roads are all jammed up. When TK started marketing their MMs some cost from 4xx-5xxk too. Low quantum as compared to today's Geylang? Traffic is a problem because these small Lanes and Lorongs were never meant to fit so many apartment units.

Check out Palmera East, a land formerly used to house 1 family is now a 32-unit apartment block. How do you think it affects the narrow road traffic there?

Lovelle
21-03-12, 09:22
it's very clear that we are going to import more prc ...

irisng
21-03-12, 21:27
Yea, but these 2000 units are only the new ones that have yet to complete. Adding onto the current ones, even if none of these 2000 units own a car, human traffic will increase tremendously. Look at what happened to Joo Chiat and TK after all the MMs are completed. Roads are all jammed up. When TK started marketing their MMs some cost from 4xx-5xxk too. Low quantum as compared to today's Geylang? Traffic is a problem because these small Lanes and Lorongs were never meant to fit so many apartment units.

Check out Palmera East, a land formerly used to house 1 family is now a 32-unit apartment block. How do you think it affects the narrow road traffic there?

Sama sama lah, other areas with new projects coming up also have existing housing. If talk in terms of human traffic in Geylang, even without those new projects, the food stalls/coffee shops/restaurants are always packed with people from all over the places in the evening. That's why I always feel that with this type of location and so many good eateries around, it is a shame to just leave Geylang in its "current way." :rolleyes: Must revamp lah!!!!

darling
21-03-12, 21:51
Sama sama lah, other areas with new projects coming up also have existing housing. If talk in terms of human traffic in Geylang, even without those new projects, the food stalls/coffee shops/restaurants are always packed with people from all over the places in the evening. That's why I always feel that with this type of location and so many good eateries around, it is a shame to just leave Geylang in its "current way." :rolleyes: Must revamp lah!!!!
How to revamp? Move all the ti ko pek where? :doh:

irisng
21-03-12, 22:05
How to revamp? Move all the ti ko pek where? :doh:

Ti Ko Pek have their own house wa.

bargain hunter
23-03-12, 08:36
MENTION Geylang and many think of the red-light district, but the area is in the middle of a building boom, with developers banking on its proximity to the centre of town.

About 1,900 private homes across more than 25 developments will be completed over the next three to four years, and many will be shoebox flats, an increasingly popular choice for Singaporeans, investors and expatriates.

The challenge, as some agents note, is Geylang's seedy reputation.
Occupancy will be tested soon enough when many of the flats, in particular the shoebox units, hit the market.

These are homes ranging from less than 400 sq ft to 600 sq ft, and Geylang will be awash with them.

Centra Studios, a 51-unit condominium in Lorong 25 by Pinnacle Realty, has 40 one-bedroom apartments ranging from 344 sq ft to 527 sq ft, while the 39-unit Prime Residence in Lorong 22 by Springlife Development has 12 one-bedders ranging from 398 sq ft to 409 sq ft, and 20 one-plus-one units from 527 sq ft to 538 sq ft.

Property agents told The Straits Times they are confident that these tiny flats will remain popular because of the location, and they pointed to the high rents as evidence.

One housing agent said: 'Location-wise, going to the CBD (Central Business District) is five to seven minutes' drive. With the upcoming Paya Lebar commercial hub, this whole Geylang, Kallang area will be between the CBD and the hub.'

The rents, which are already 'the highest in the Aljunied area', will either stay at the same level or go even higher in the next few years.

The agent estimated that a one- or two-bedder shoebox unit in Geylang can be rented for about $2,500 to $3,000 a month, with 'rental returns going very high at 6 per cent to 7 per cent because of the location'.
He believes most tenants will be expatriates or childless couples.

Mr William Choo, a senior marketing consultant at Huttons Asia, said monthly rents are 'about $3,000 plus' for Geylang shoebox units.

While he tips an oversupply of such units - 'it's not possible to anticipate demand' - he added that there will eventually be tenants to occupy all the homes. He said: 'Once the pricing is right, someone will take up the place.'

A check with the Urban Redevelopment Authority's online system revealed that from last November to January this year, median rents for Lorongs 26, 28, 30 and 34 ranged from $2.90 per sq ft (psf) to $3.33 psf. For a 500 sq ft apartment, this translates to $1,450 to $1,665 rental per month.

It is not known if these rents were for shoebox units. Rents for such units tend to be significantly higher on a psf basis because of their compact sizes.

There are also pitfalls amid the optimism about demand, including concerns that units in this traditional red-light district would draw the wrong crowd.
Chesterton Suntec International research head Colin Tan said: 'I have had clients ask me why all the rooms (in Geylang units) have attached bathrooms. You could read more into that, in the sense that they may be used as serviced apartments, dormitories or budget hotels.'

He added that banks may hesitate to lend to investors out of concern over the area's seedy reputation. 'In official red-light areas, some banks won't want to lend their names to such projects, because they are considered high-risk.

'Second, you are not sure if the activities that occur in those units are legal or not... Another concern is the reputation of the bank; it may not want to be associated with such properties.'

Mr Tan Kok Keong, OrangeTee's head of research and consultancy, noted that the high rental yields may be due only to the lowered capital values of property in the area.

'If you look at the projects there, they are roughly sold for between $1,300 and $1,400 psf,' he said.

'So if you take other places equally distant from the city centre, like Pasir Panjang or even Toa Payoh, and if you compare prices, then obviously there's a 5 per cent to 10 per cent discount for Geylang.
'Part of the reason is the reputation.'

price
23-03-12, 09:32
MENTION Geylang and many think of the red-light district, but the area is in the middle of a building boom, with developers banking on its proximity to the centre of town.

About 1,900 private homes across more than 25 developments will be completed over the next three to four years, and many will be shoebox flats, an increasingly popular choice for Singaporeans, investors and expatriates.

The challenge, as some agents note, is Geylang's seedy reputation.
Occupancy will be tested soon enough when many of the flats, in particular the shoebox units, hit the market.

These are homes ranging from less than 400 sq ft to 600 sq ft, and Geylang will be awash with them.

Centra Studios, a 51-unit condominium in Lorong 25 by Pinnacle Realty, has 40 one-bedroom apartments ranging from 344 sq ft to 527 sq ft, while the 39-unit Prime Residence in Lorong 22 by Springlife Development has 12 one-bedders ranging from 398 sq ft to 409 sq ft, and 20 one-plus-one units from 527 sq ft to 538 sq ft.

Property agents told The Straits Times they are confident that these tiny flats will remain popular because of the location, and they pointed to the high rents as evidence.

One housing agent said: 'Location-wise, going to the CBD (Central Business District) is five to seven minutes' drive. With the upcoming Paya Lebar commercial hub, this whole Geylang, Kallang area will be between the CBD and the hub.'

The rents, which are already 'the highest in the Aljunied area', will either stay at the same level or go even higher in the next few years.

The agent estimated that a one- or two-bedder shoebox unit in Geylang can be rented for about $2,500 to $3,000 a month, with 'rental returns going very high at 6 per cent to 7 per cent because of the location'.
He believes most tenants will be expatriates or childless couples.

Mr William Choo, a senior marketing consultant at Huttons Asia, said monthly rents are 'about $3,000 plus' for Geylang shoebox units.

While he tips an oversupply of such units - 'it's not possible to anticipate demand' - he added that there will eventually be tenants to occupy all the homes. He said: 'Once the pricing is right, someone will take up the place.'

A check with the Urban Redevelopment Authority's online system revealed that from last November to January this year, median rents for Lorongs 26, 28, 30 and 34 ranged from $2.90 per sq ft (psf) to $3.33 psf. For a 500 sq ft apartment, this translates to $1,450 to $1,665 rental per month.

It is not known if these rents were for shoebox units. Rents for such units tend to be significantly higher on a psf basis because of their compact sizes.

There are also pitfalls amid the optimism about demand, including concerns that units in this traditional red-light district would draw the wrong crowd.
Chesterton Suntec International research head Colin Tan said: 'I have had clients ask me why all the rooms (in Geylang units) have attached bathrooms. You could read more into that, in the sense that they may be used as serviced apartments, dormitories or budget hotels.'

He added that banks may hesitate to lend to investors out of concern over the area's seedy reputation. 'In official red-light areas, some banks won't want to lend their names to such projects, because they are considered high-risk.

'Second, you are not sure if the activities that occur in those units are legal or not... Another concern is the reputation of the bank; it may not want to be associated with such properties.'

Mr Tan Kok Keong, OrangeTee's head of research and consultancy, noted that the high rental yields may be due only to the lowered capital values of property in the area.

'If you look at the projects there, they are roughly sold for between $1,300 and $1,400 psf,' he said.

'So if you take other places equally distant from the city centre, like Pasir Panjang or even Toa Payoh, and if you compare prices, then obviously there's a 5 per cent to 10 per cent discount for Geylang.
'Part of the reason is the reputation.'

:confused: I wrote this article! :cool: :47:

devilplate
23-03-12, 09:37
u contributed part of it mabe.....wakakaka

hyenergix
23-03-12, 09:38

I actually thought you were the reporter.

price
23-03-12, 10:01
I actually thought you were the reporter.

Ya lar! I bet the editor stole my ideal from here lor. This morning while reading I was thinking about my thread here.

Can I sue them ? :sleep:

They took my figures too! !@$%&&$ 1900 units was calculated by me :simmering: :simmering: :simmering: lol

bargain hunter
23-03-12, 12:02
haven't u noticed by now? our forum is where all these editors/reporters/analysts get their inspiration from! even if they don't copy anything from us, they come here for inspiration!

this article is surely from what you wrote! the 24 projects u listed and total tally is almost all the homework done for them!

and the facts i posted about CCR and the subsequent debate/contribution from everyone, there are also articles on de-coupling of CCR vs OCR today in TODAY too!

bargain hunter
23-03-12, 12:06
sorry, i missed ur subsequent post. U DID ALLLLLLLLLLLL THE HOMEWORK FOR THEM! :D

but:

1) you don't have a copyright.
2) they hardly mentioned the names of most of the projects and they only presented the facts which they can claim they did the homework on their own. :hell-hath-no-fury:

Ya lar! I bet the editor stole my ideal from here lor. This morning while reading I was thinking about my thread here.

They took my figures too! !@$%&&$ 1900 units was calculated by me :simmering: :simmering: :simmering: lol

price
23-03-12, 13:10
sorry, i missed ur subsequent post. U DID ALLLLLLLLLLLL THE HOMEWORK FOR THEM! :D

but:

1) you don't have a copyright.
2) they hardly mentioned the names of most of the projects and they only presented the facts which they can claim they did the homework on their own. :hell-hath-no-fury:

Grrrrrrrrrrr Lazy editors

gn108
23-03-12, 13:24
ya lah - sorry but this is public domain.
but you can take heart that your idea/homework made the National newspaper.

fclim
23-03-12, 13:48

Harlow, Condosingapore owned by who??

General condominium property market analysis, discussion and news.
*All news articles are reproduced from, and remain the property of, Singapore Press Holdings Ltd and MediaCorp Press Ltd.
Posters' anonymity and privacy are assured.

price
23-03-12, 14:08
Actually i work for Mediacorp :cool:

Maybe you'll see them interviewing me soon on Sunday Times' Investment section :tongue3:

irisng
23-03-12, 21:31

Ya, short cut mah!