PDA

View Full Version : CCR owner beware

Ringo33
23-03-12, 00:14
Developers of luxury apartments are starting to flood the market with rental apartments and this is going to further depress the rental yield of CCR properties.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1190677/1/.html

It was also reported in this week Edge that CDL is doing the same and they are offering agents 1.5months commission for 2 years lease.

DaytonaSS
23-03-12, 00:40
Does corporate rental of 8-9k looks depressing to u? How does that depress rental yield. Based on a $2.5m property , still looks decent. When they rental at 3k OCR price range then OCR and CCR properties can start to feel depressed together.

bargain hunter
23-03-12, 00:45
renting from kepland and renting from individual owners is different.

if kepland is renting out at 8-9k, that means individuals have to rent out lower already. it was the same for carribean last time when they pulled the same stunt.

Does corporate rental of 8-9k looks depressing to u? How does that depress rental yield. Based on a $2.5m property , still looks decent. When they rental at 3k OCR price range then OCR and CCR properties can start to feel depressed together.

DaytonaSS
23-03-12, 00:53

if kepland is renting out at 8-9k, that means individuals have to rent out lower already. it was the same for carribean last time when they pulled the same stunt.

Yup I know they used the same stunt. But if can get rental yield in/or near that range, it sounds pretty good deal. Don't sound too depressing in today's environment .

That is same strategy for FEO I believe. Can't sell just rent for older developments

Ringo33
23-03-12, 00:54

i believe developers units will be better furnished as compared to individually owned units. perhaps due to their economy of scale etc they should be able to manage their tenants more effectively and efficiently.

bargain hunter
23-03-12, 01:19
but they didn't say the 8 to 9k for (i assume) 3 bedders is their more compact 3 bedders or their large 3 bedders.

their big and luxurious 3 bedders which are almost 2000 sq ft can cost 4 to 5m each.

Yup I know they used the same stunt. But if can get rental yield in/or near that range, it sounds pretty good deal. Don't sound too depressing in today's environment .

That is same strategy for FEO I believe. Can't sell just rent for older developments

hyenergix
23-03-12, 07:07
I expect D'Leedon and Interlace to have unsold units turned into rental units after TOP. Shrewd investors trying to rent out their units could become screwed investors.

bargain hunter
23-03-12, 08:23
strange, today's straits times "increased" the rent but the units will be fully furnished! super sabo.

"The remaining 154 units will be set aside as corporate residences. Rents for these fully furnished apartments spread across the glass towers and low-rise villa blocks are about $9,500 a month."

devilplate
23-03-12, 09:22
strange, today's straits times "increased" the rent but the units will be fully furnished! super sabo.

"The remaining 154 units will be set aside as corporate residences. Rents for these fully furnished apartments spread across the glass towers and low-rise villa blocks are about $9,500 a month."
heard they throw in housekeeping, internet and utility.....totally like serviced apt

price
23-03-12, 09:49
heard they throw in housekeeping, internet and utility.....totally like serviced apt

So expensive, i think throw in a butler also can?

bargain hunter
23-03-12, 11:57
they certainly did so for carribean! likely so for reflections too. 9.5k for all this is reasonable. good luck to big unit individual owners who try to rent out. :D

wakakakakaka