PDA

View Full Version : can tell me why east side got more mrt than west side ??....

ikan bilis
24-03-12, 23:46
very unfair one... somemore west side got more pap supporters... :scared-3: :scared-3:

any type of reasons all can... just throw it here... :cool:

devilplate
24-03-12, 23:57
very unfair one... somemore west side got more pap supporters... :scared-3: :scared-3:

any type of reasons all can... just throw it here... :cool:
Actually only one more erl line nia rite?

Dtl2 considered west side rite?

I personally find yet to be announced erl super redundant.....

ikan bilis
25-03-12, 00:07
what is erl line ??? running where....

try count the number of MRT stations... may be that's why east side condos all higher value... everywhere mrt stations mah... for e.g. geylang...

:(

devilplate
25-03-12, 00:44
what is erl line ??? running where....

try count the number of MRT stations... may be that's why east side condos all higher value... everywhere mrt stations mah... for e.g. geylang...

:(
i believe main reason is due to tuas/jurong island is located in the west......

East coast park is another major boost

Btw, those fh ppty in the west coast area vy ex hor.....seahill will be record 99lh in tat area

How abt centris? 1kpsf in the far west......pasir ris/changi new launches only 900psf hor

hyenergix
25-03-12, 06:31
IBM has something for Jurong Lake District - most likely in enhancing IT infrastructure in that area:
http://www.eco-business.com/features/singapore-wins-smart-city-grant-for-jurong-lake-district/

NorthernStar
25-03-12, 07:48

They build DTL2 for the BT. Must also cater for the riches in EC condo region mah.. :D

I also wonder why they need to build this ERL at this time. 3 parallel lines, so many ppl need to go ecp, marine parade, Tanjung Rhu meh?:doh:

DC33_2008
25-03-12, 10:27
They may only announced ERL after the completion of the $4 billion Marina Coastal Expressway.
They build DTL2 for the BT. Must also cater for the riches in EC condo region mah.. :D

I also wonder why they need to build this ERL at this time. 3 parallel lines, so many ppl need to go ecp, marine parade, Tanjung Rhu meh?:doh:

sh
25-03-12, 10:48
more population in the east? :beats-me-man:

roly8
25-03-12, 11:40
what is ERL?

Jonathan0503
25-03-12, 11:42
more population in the east? :beats-me-man:

Agree. That could be the main reason

minority
25-03-12, 12:02

Coz lau goh is on the east. N also on the west all rich people with landed. Plus more tresses in the west.

Wild Falcon
25-03-12, 12:11
4 lines run up the east
1) EW line
2) NE line
3) DTL3
4)ERL

2 lines up west
1) EW line
2) DTL2 (up northwest)

I think east side more populated. And always receive more attention because its more populated and dense. Can't find vast tracks of nature in the east - while western areas got Bt nature reserves, upper peirce, telok blangah nature areas (labrador, hort park areas etc). West side also very hilly and granite hills - i think not easy to cut through the hills and while east side mostly marine soil flat land. The far NW is still relatively not developed like sungai buloh and mandai. And i think generally developments are eastern-skewed but doesn't matter - cannot develop every part of SG. Some parts best left to nature. And west side got the Jurong Lake tingy.

Next time when u drive up PIE or BKE towards the west and look around you - mainly vast tracks of trees and forests and not developed yet. But if you drive up PIE/ECP to the east - you see buildings everywhere. That's the difference. Even going up to Sengkang and Punggol in the far northeast, u also see more and more buildings. Whereas if you go up the far northwest, u probably see cemetary, some eco farms and nature areas.

i believe main reason is due to tuas/jurong island is located in the west......

East coast park is another major boost

Btw, those fh ppty in the west coast area vy ex hor.....seahill will be record 99lh in tat area

How abt centris? 1kpsf in the far west......pasir ris/changi new launches only 900psf hor

august
25-03-12, 14:18
In terms of forward planning, the next HDB new towns are Tengah (west) and Bidadari (east). While Bidadari already has the NEL, Tengah has no public transport infrastructure to speak of.

irisng
25-03-12, 21:22
Changi Airport is lon the east side whereas Johore causeway is on the west side.

BTW any MP stay at West side?

DC33_2008
25-03-12, 21:28
Next time our northern neighbour will be coming down the thomson line.
Changi Airport is lon the east side whereas Johore causeway is on the west side.

BTW any MP stay at West side?

radha08
26-03-12, 10:20
what is ERL?

bro where u been...:D

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1277217&page=9

kane
26-03-12, 10:26
Soon someone staying in the east can walk to 3 stations of 3 different lines. Ha.

Wild Falcon
26-03-12, 11:09
Can sink any time with so many underground digging on marine soil. Well, no question that east side more built up and developed than the west with so much concrete. But I think we need to balance between builidng and conservation of nature and environment. It's not a bad thing to keep the northwest as pristine as possible. There is still nothing on D24 right? Even a large part of D23 Choa Chu Kang is nature. Looking at the lack of transportation to the northwest, I doubt our government will build anything soon. bukit brown new town will be built up first. haha.

Soon someone staying in the east can walk to 3 stations of 3 different lines. Ha.

devilplate
26-03-12, 11:22
Can sink any time with so many underground digging on marine soil. Well, no question that east side more built up and developed than the west with so much concrete. But I think we need to balance between builidng and conservation of nature and environment. It's not a bad thing to keep the northwest as pristine as possible. There is still nothing on D24 right? Even a large part of D23 Choa Chu Kang is nature. Looking at the lack of transportation to the northwest, I doubt our government will build anything soon. bukit brown new town will be built up first. haha.
as usual, promote ur leafy hillview area and trash d15 :p