PDA

View Full Version : lai-lai, come in and list your prediction for next 6-12month

ikan bilis
28-03-12, 19:12
Predict what will be happening next, supporting reasons not needed. Come back here and check again after 6-12 months.
For fun only. Let me start first... :cheers4:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ABSD 10% for foreigner: no more effects after 6months, waiting for KBW to increase it to 15-20%

Resale Pte Condo market: gets active again, though not up to very "hot"

Resale HDB: Price continues to move up. KBW lost his "8000 units bumper crop launch" to market. He anyhow show-hand and lost everything to market again and again....

MM: There is no action from MND on MM (too many built, too small space and etc)

GLS: 20-30% of new GLS sold to China Developers expanding oversea...

sh
28-03-12, 19:17
Have to be more specific mah.

Whether 6 or 12 months.... A lot can happen in 6 months. Make it more specific. What will happen by end of year....

Then you can have closure to this thread at the year end....:cheers4:

samuelk
28-03-12, 19:41
after 6 months , the requirement to oublish prices before the launch date will still be just plans

the requirement for actual size with all the doors in the show flat be made available and thickness of walls of the actual thickness will also be just a suggestion and devlopers will not be bothered to carry this out,

and even if this becomes the rules, they will build actual of the 3 rms or 4 rooms where the mm will not be build for the show flat for obvious reasons

ysyap
28-03-12, 19:44
Tcss only lah...

HDB resale will break $1mil mark.. :sleep:

radha08
28-03-12, 19:56
in 6 to 12mths...i will still be looking to buy...:2cents::D

hyenergix
28-03-12, 20:08
Everything will look slightly better. Because central banks are printing $ again...

lufu
28-03-12, 20:44
Everything will look slightly better. Because central banks are printing $ again...

The Americans started it, now the European also joined in.
Quantitative Easing what a sophisticated word for "Printing Money" :doh:

Fortunately Govt also saw this coming and implement a 10% ABSD. Americans, Swiss and nationals from Liechtenstein, Norway and Iceland excluded.

hyenergix
28-03-12, 20:47
Tcss only lah...

HDB resale will break $1mil mark.. :sleep:

This is a pyschological benchmark. Once it is breached, I expect housing prices to go crazy again.

yowetan
28-03-12, 21:02
I am hoping I would be a landlord in 6 months time.

ysyap
28-03-12, 21:40
I am hoping I would be a landlord in 6 months time.Unless you are staying in HDB under MOP, you can always move out now and be a landlord lor... u can either rent a smaller place or bunk in with someone else (family members or friends). It'll be easier if you are moving alone though... :o

Khng8
28-03-12, 21:50
Just curious. You own a roof over your head now. Why are you so anxious to buy now knowing that prices now are at an all time high now? Especially OCR prices?

ekl2ekl2
28-03-12, 22:05
Just a Guess:

Barring any major events, resale activity will slowly creep up.
Its already happening bit by bit looking at early March activity.

People on the sidelines are gradually realising that prices are not dropping the way everyone is hoping for and some will be disappointed and take the leap of faith.

Sentiments are already improving and with the USA elections coming later in the year, overall property prices will probably fluctuate between +- 3-5%.
The MMs with smaller quantum esp in CCR are likely to be stable with current strong rentals.

Fisherman
28-03-12, 22:13
Just called up a few agents. Was advised that viewing of landed properties has returned and prices are appreciating base on the transactions closed for the last few weeks. Will know when the caveats are lodged soon................:D

rattydrama
28-03-12, 22:41
some of them who had waited n waited might want to jump in again. But lets wait for the stock market to move first and you will see property prices going up again.

resale will have a good chance of having more good deals.

ysyap
28-03-12, 22:50
Some who have been waiting eagerly for prices to fall might also jump in too... but its jump into Bedok R... :p

Allthepies
28-03-12, 22:52
End of world?!? :D :D :D

lufu
28-03-12, 22:57
Just curious. You own a roof over your head now. Why are you so anxious to buy now knowing that prices now are at an all time high now? Especially OCR prices?

sentiment and opinions tend to be formed based on media/news.
e.g. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/35140286-post338.html

In Jan 2009, this is one article that tells people to wait. but if you go and check URA PPI, the window of opportunity closes in Jun-Sep 2009 and prices have soared since then.

I personally know of people who sold in 2008 and been renting since 2008 till now.

Of course nobody has a crystal ball to tell exactly what is to come...so make your own judgement and hope for the best. :cheers4:

radha08
28-03-12, 23:03
Some who have been waiting eagerly for prices to fall might also jump in too... but its jump into Bedok R... :p

yup thats the cheapest property in spore $0 PSF:D:D:D

Rosegarden
28-03-12, 23:06
Now until end of year, almost plateau with a gentle slope down, ie slow erosion of prices across the board except for landed property. Hdb COV continue to soften. No new CM. D9,10,11 transactions remain unexciting.

buttercarp
28-03-12, 23:28
More PR take up citizenship cos don't want their kids to lose out on P1 balloting.
Since become citizen, eligible to buy landed.
Landed prices shoot up.
Homes near good school go up cos these naturalized citizens want to make sure their kids get into the school easily, so the prices of these homes increase.
Homes near international schools command good rental as more FT arrive here.

ysyap
28-03-12, 23:45
More PR take up citizenship cos don't want their kids to lose out on P1 balloting.
Landed prices shoot up.
Homes near good school go up cos these naturalized citizens want to make sure their kids get into the school easily, so the prices of these homes increase.
Homes near international schools command good rental as more FT arrive here.My PR friend submitted documents for citizenship and waiting for many many months already but haven't heard a single sound from authorities yet... :rolleyes:

price
28-03-12, 23:50
^5 me too. if my MM tops soon :cheers5:

price
28-03-12, 23:53
Dear Khng, prices are all time high yes but do u watch the stock market? pick any good performing ones and will u ever have thought that it will break the old high?

i.e. have u ever thought Jardine C&C can hit $50? when it was all time high awhile back u probably think it's crazy to dump ur $ in.

price
28-03-12, 23:55
haha yea like my dear friend who finally committed after renting for 2 years hoping for Sissy B's crash to come.

price
28-03-12, 23:57
Landed prices shoot up.
Wahhhh sis! then we'll all huat huat and u will own ur freehold land soon! :D:cheers5:

More FT = more economic health = more $$ for SG

buttercarp
29-03-12, 00:04
Wahhhh sis! then we'll all huat huat and u will own ur freehold land soon! :D:cheers5:

More FT = more economic health = more $$ for SG

Must think positively:D .

Hamilton
29-03-12, 01:25
Think prices in prime will continue to slide at least 10-15%. Friend just bought an apt in st martin vinicity, 2885 sq ft @ 3.8m. Wow, incredible!

Check out the latest transaction, u will be shocked!

Eastboy
29-03-12, 01:47
PRICES DIP 50% in 6 mths time

hahaha..sounds familiar right?

lufu
29-03-12, 05:55

hahaha..sounds familiar right?

why not 90%? :D

:scared-2: :scared-2: :scared-2:

ysyap
29-03-12, 07:41

hahaha..sounds familiar right?U basically have another nick right??? :D

ysyap
29-03-12, 07:43
Here we go again...

Dec 2011 - New CM
- experts say market will correct big time
- forummers had a poll and some even say 40% correction

Jan 2012 - All waiting eagerly and still anticipating
- While watching with amazement how FEO's WaterTown is making water waves

Feb 2012 - Preliminary figures reveal slowing down of activities
- prices are still climbing amid slower rate.
- Bartley Residences stirred up some disturbances too (not very much though)

Mar 2012 - COE hits above $80k.
- Oil prices continue to soar.
- 18 Woodsville set off another impressive asking price in D13.
- Reports that landed prices are still going up
- Citizens get absolute priority over PRs in P1 registration
- Project that prices of properties near good schools will shoot up even more.
- KBW panic big time and no choice but to launch 8000 bumper HDB crops at one go.
- Announcement that 5000 more will be launched in May.

April 2012 - Prices continue to climb?
- Crowds return to showflat again?
- Resale activities start heating up again?

Sept 2012 - COE hits $120k
- Oil hits $160/barrel
- HDB resale break $1mil barrier
- CM6 lurking!!!

Wake up wake up wake up... stop talking in your dreams... :sleep:

lufu
29-03-12, 08:08
I think days of property going up leaps and bound are over. Probably a few percent increase annually in line with inflation.

High oil price are here to stay. Middle East Govt dish out "ang pao" and the world pays for it. :doh:

an article from Thomson Reuters
https://research.tdwaterhouse.ca/research/public/Markets/NewsArticle/1314-L2E8ERNZT-1

people will still park their money into fixed asset... generally speaking.

Rysk
29-03-12, 09:09
Cont'......

Nov 2012 - Landlord give one month notice to Ah Beng & Ah Seng.. or else up their rental

Dec 2012 - Ah Beng & Ah Seng see price keep going up.. lan lan sign another 20-yr lease

Oct 2032 - Landlord collected $960k of rental from Ah Beng & Ah Seng for the past 20-yrs.. Ah Beng & Ah Seng less $960k in their bank account.. very scary :scared-1:

Oct 2032 - 5-rm transacted at record high $1.5m.. :scared-1:

Nov 2032 - Landlord kena call up for enbloc.. Landlord give one month notice to Ah Beng & Ah Seng..

Dec 2032 - Enbloc goes thru.. Landlord house which cost $1.5m in 2012, sold at $2.5m in 2032.. :scared-1:

Dec 2032 - Ah Beng & Ah Seng continue their "copy & paste" of bad news in another rental flat

devilplate
29-03-12, 09:19
Ah beng and ah seng everyday curse and swear at ben ben for starting the printing spree....

Their 1mil become 100k in 20yrs time?

Wakakakakaka

ysyap
29-03-12, 09:21
Ah beng and ah seng everyday curse and swear at ben ben for starting the printing spree....

Their 1mil become 100k in 20yrs time?

Wakakakakakawhoever taking over uncle ben will have to clean up his mess or will he? Print more money? :D

wannabe
29-03-12, 09:32
Landed prices shoot up.

Woohoo... another supporter! Huat ah Huat ah! lolx

eng81157
29-03-12, 09:57
Cont'......

Nov 2012 - Landlord give one month notice to Ah Beng & Ah Seng.. or else up their rental

Dec 2012 - Ah Beng & Ah Seng see price keep going up.. lan lan sign another 20-yr lease

Oct 2032 - Landlord collected $960k of rental from Ah Beng & Ah Seng for the past 20-yrs.. Ah Beng & Ah Seng less $960k in their bank account.. very scary :scared-1:

Oct 2032 - 5-rm transacted at record high $1.5m.. :scared-1:

Nov 2032 - Landlord kena call up for enbloc.. Landlord give one month notice to Ah Beng & Ah Seng..

Dec 2032 - Enbloc goes thru.. Landlord house which cost $1.5m in 2012, sold at $2.5m in 2032.. :scared-1:

Dec 2032 - Ah Beng & Ah Seng continue their "copy & paste" of bad news in another rental flat

why do i get the feeling that ah beng & ah seng are both one entity - mr B?! :rolleyes:

minority
29-03-12, 10:24
Here we go again...

Dec 2011 - New CM
- experts say market will correct big time
- forummers had a poll and some even say 40% correction

Jan 2012 - All waiting eagerly and still anticipating
- While watching with amazement how FEO's WaterTown is making water waves

Feb 2012 - Preliminary figures reveal slowing down of activities
- prices are still climbing amid slower rate.
- Bartley Residences stirred up some disturbances too (not very much though)

Mar 2012 - COE hits above $80k.
- Oil prices continue to soar.
- 18 Woodsville set off another impressive asking price in D13.
- Reports that landed prices are still going up
- Citizens get absolute priority over PRs in P1 registration
- Project that prices of properties near good schools will shoot up even more.
- KBW panic big time and no choice but to launch 8000 bumper HDB crops at one go.
- Announcement that 5000 more will be launched in May.

April 2012 - Prices continue to climb?
- Crowds return to showflat again?
- Resale activities start heating up again?

Sept 2012 - COE hits $120k
- Oil hits $160/barrel
- HDB resale break $1mil barrier
- CM6 lurking!!!

Wake up wake up wake up... stop talking in your dreams... :sleep:

I think u dream go well with song

We Didn't Start The Fire :-

WE DIDNT START THE FIRE

Koh boon KUAN, Mah bao tan, Lky, Shunagum
Tin pay Lin, LSL, George Yeo

Tony tan, Tan Kim lian, HDB, Landed
CCR, OCR, Centro

1 bed room, 2-bed room, 3 bed room, Bungalow
, some Soho and no one know

Deleedon, Watertown, Bishan got a new condo
$1000, $2000, never buy say goodbye

CHORUS:
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

Joseph Stalin, Malenkov, Nasser and Prokofiev
Rockefeller, Campanella, Communist Bloc

Roy cohn, Juan Peron, Toscanini, dacron
Dien Bien Phu falls, "Rock Around the Clock"

Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn's got a winning team
Davy Crockett, Peter Pan, Elvis Presley, Disneyland

Bardot, Budapest, Alabama, Krushchev
Princess Grace, "Peyton Place", trouble in the Suez

CHORUS:
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

Little Rock, Pasternak, Mickey Mantle, Kerouac
Sputnik, Chou En-Lai, "Bridge on the River Kwai"

Lebanon, Charles de Gaulle, California baseball
Starkweather, homicide, children of thalidomide

Buddy Holly, "Ben Hur", space monkey, Mafia
Hula hoops, Castro, Edsel is a no go
[ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/b/billy-joel-lyrics/we-didn_t-start-the-fire-lyrics.html]

U-2, Syngman Rhee, payola and Kennedy
Chubby Checker, "Psycho", Belgians in the Congo

CHORUS:
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

Hemingway, Eichmann, "Stranger in a Strange Land"
Dylan, Berlin, Bay of Pigs invasion

"Lawrence of Arabia", British Beatlemania
Ole Miss, John Glenn, Liston beats Patterson

Pope Paul, Malcolm X, British politician sex
JFK, blown away, what else do I have to say

CHORUS:
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

Birth control, Ho Chi Minh, Richard Nixon, back again
Moonshot, Woodstock, Watergate, punk rock
Begin, Reagan, Palestine, terror on the airline
Ayatollah's in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan

"Wheel of Fortune", Sally Ride, heavy metal suicide,
Foreign debts, homeless vets, AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz
Hypodermics on the shores, China's under martial law
Rock and roller cola wars, I can't take it anymore

CHORUS:
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it...

We didn't start the fire
But when we are gone
Will it still burn on, and on, and on, and on...

Leeds
29-03-12, 10:32
What are likely to happen over the next few quarters can be summarized as follow:

1. Buyers or potential buyers of new developments in OCC and RCC will soon realize the relative high prices they are paying for their LH properties and start to retreat.

2. Developers start to lease out unsold units in CCR and even OCR causing a price war with private investors in the rental market.

3. Developers likely to lower prices for new developments OCR and RCC to move sales.

4. Potential buyers will stay sideline hoping for even lower prices.

5. Interest rate may inch up a little to ease inflation.

6. Resale market will continue to decline with lower asking prices

7. Opportunity for some to enter the market.

price
29-03-12, 10:37
What are likely to happen over the next few quarters can be summarized as follow:

1. Buyers or potential buyers of new developments in OCC and RCC will soon realize the relative high prices they are paying for their LH properties and start to retreat.

2. Developers start to lease out unsold units in CCR and even OCR causing a price war with private investors in the rental market.

3. Developers likely to lower prices for new developments OCR and RCC to move sales.

4. Potential buyers will stay sideline hoping for even lower prices.

5. Interest rate may inch up a little to ease inflation.

6. Resale market will continue to decline with lower asking prices

7. Opportunity for some to enter the market.

All these were predictions made since 2010. 2 years on still the same hope? :doh: When will it ever come true?

peterng8
29-03-12, 10:37
I still hold on to my prediction, new one will be hot at the moment(unless new CM comes which is highly possible, due to new PSF and printing money concern??), resale will be down(even going further down if with new CM)

I still hold on to my reasons as mentioned previously many times:
1) due to current CMs,
2) due to upcoming abundant new launches in EC (including up to 30% for upgraders), PC , mixed devt projs which emphasizes on afforadable quantum
3) due to upcoming TOPs of units
4) and buying new units have its benefits(eg low interest rate, capital outlay etc) if no urgency to move in..
5) the above create many choices for buyers(incl upgraders)so resale transaction vol affected on the way...
6) for upgraders - more HDB up depressing HDB resale price esp for those wihtout amenities..(mature estate may not be affected for those near amenities)...Qn: if u stay in HDB mature estate with lots of convenience, want to consider moving in to suburban condo?
7)macro environment (esp US is it a real scenerio wil be known AFTER election)

:p :p

Private home resale prices drop in Feb

Prices of resale private homes are 0.8 per cent cheaper in February than in the previous month.
This is according to the NUS Singapore Residential Price Index (SRPI ).
Still, analysts expect overall prices to rise by between 0.5 and three per cent in the first quarter.
Since January, the market for new private homes have been abuzz, with eight in 10 buyers being locals.
In December last year, the government introduced cooling measures like the Additional Buyer’s Stamp Duty (ABSD).
Back then, many had predicted property prices to go down by as much as 15 per cent.
ERA key executive officer Eugene Lim said: “The measures are working in the sense that foreigners… [during the] pre-ABSD days make up almost 20 per cent of the market. Today, they account for less than seven per cent of transactions, as far as new home sales are concerned.”
Excluding executive condominiums, nearly 2,413 new private homes were sold in February, more than a third from January’s.
But in the secondary market, where it includes the resale market and the more speculative resale of uncompleted private units, it is a quieter affair.
While private new home sales have spiked up in the last two months, experts noted the resale and sub-sale markets have been slow, and that should stablise the property price index in the first quarter of this year.
Jones Lang LaSalle research head Chua Yang Liang said: “In the first, second quarter, we are going to continue to see that kind of disparate, two-market behaviour, top and new sales and resale.
“New sale markets tend to… do better because of the conditions in there — the financing and progressive payments.
“You don’t really need to make immediate payment, except according to the construction phase. Interest rates remain fairly low for now, and that is going to be more helpful for both markets.
OrangeTee research director Tan Kok Keong said: “We are likely to see more launches, as well as strong sales, unless there are instances of sharp economic shocks externally.
“In terms of pricing, I do think that developers are pricing it at lower end of market expectations, so I do think that prices will continue to climb, but on a moderate level, meaning you are looking at one to two per cent price increases, going forward, in the primary market.”
With more Government Land Sales sites being taken up by developers, the supply of new private homes should meet demand. And that is a major price stabiliser for many analysts.
Source : Channel NewsAsia – 28 Mar 2012

Leeds
29-03-12, 10:44
All these were predictions made since 2010. 2 years on still the same hope? :doh: When will it ever come true?

The last two years saw so many changes such as new CMs, bumper supplies, new policies etc. It takes times for the market to correct and is correcting now with Feb resale down again.

The new CMs and policies over the last two years were not meant to crash the market but to tame the market. They are taking effect and results are showing now and over the next few quarters.

fan
29-03-12, 10:46
In 6mths time, intrest rate goes up, all pull back their horses :2cents:

Ilikeu
29-03-12, 10:49

I doubt so.... europe is still in a mess.

Ilikeu
29-03-12, 10:54

i think the usd interest swap rate is only 1.3% for 5 years and 2.3% for 10 years... so sgd should follow similar trend as well.

yaozong7
29-03-12, 11:05
Wonder if ST's featured article on Sky Habitat is a prelude to CM 6? The same thing happened with Crapland's Bedok Residence....

price
29-03-12, 11:11
Wonder if ST's featured article on Sky Habitat is a prelude to CM 6? The same thing happened with Crapland's Bedok Residence....

No lar, who owns Capital land? Who owns ST?

Now u get ur answer :D Free advertisement leh

ysyap
29-03-12, 11:20
I think u dream go well with song

We Didn't Start The Fire :-

WE DIDNT START THE FIRE

Koh boon KUAN, Mah bao tan, Lky, Shunagum
Tin pay Lin, LSL, George Yeo

Tony tan, Tan Kim lian, HDB, Landed
CCR, OCR, Centro

1 bed room, 2-bed room, 3 bed room, Bungalow
, some Soho and no one know

Deleedon, Watertown, Bishan got a new condo
$1000, $2000, never buy say goodbye

CHORUS:
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

Joseph Stalin, Malenkov, Nasser and Prokofiev
Rockefeller, Campanella, Communist Bloc

Roy cohn, Juan Peron, Toscanini, dacron
Dien Bien Phu falls, "Rock Around the Clock"

Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn's got a winning team
Davy Crockett, Peter Pan, Elvis Presley, Disneyland

Bardot, Budapest, Alabama, Krushchev
Princess Grace, "Peyton Place", trouble in the Suez

CHORUS:
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

Little Rock, Pasternak, Mickey Mantle, Kerouac
Sputnik, Chou En-Lai, "Bridge on the River Kwai"

Lebanon, Charles de Gaulle, California baseball
Starkweather, homicide, children of thalidomide

Buddy Holly, "Ben Hur", space monkey, Mafia
Hula hoops, Castro, Edsel is a no go
[ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/b/billy-joel-lyrics/we-didn_t-start-the-fire-lyrics.html]

U-2, Syngman Rhee, payola and Kennedy
Chubby Checker, "Psycho", Belgians in the Congo

CHORUS:
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

Hemingway, Eichmann, "Stranger in a Strange Land"
Dylan, Berlin, Bay of Pigs invasion

"Lawrence of Arabia", British Beatlemania
Ole Miss, John Glenn, Liston beats Patterson

Pope Paul, Malcolm X, British politician sex
JFK, blown away, what else do I have to say

CHORUS:
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

Birth control, Ho Chi Minh, Richard Nixon, back again
Moonshot, Woodstock, Watergate, punk rock
Begin, Reagan, Palestine, terror on the airline
Ayatollah's in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan

"Wheel of Fortune", Sally Ride, heavy metal suicide,
Foreign debts, homeless vets, AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz
Hypodermics on the shores, China's under martial law
Rock and roller cola wars, I can't take it anymore

CHORUS:
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it...

We didn't start the fire
But when we are gone
Will it still burn on, and on, and on, and on...Nice dream...

bigapplefan
29-03-12, 11:21
Sorry i didnt read the ST article, care to share what was mentioned in the article that makes you think CM6 is coming?

price
29-03-12, 11:40
Sorry i didnt read the ST article, care to share what was mentioned in the article that makes you think CM6 is coming?
A NEW Bishan project expected to be launched in the middle of next month could turn out to be the priciest suburban condominium ever to hit the market.

The Straits Times understands that the indicative average prices for CapitaLand's Sky Habitat at Bishan Street 14 are between $1,700 and $1,800 per sq ft (psf).

But these were only the preliminary prices that marketing agents received yesterday. They could well go higher - or lower - depending on buyer interest as the target launch date of mid-next month nears.

Even at these early indicative levels, the condo will set benchmark prices for the Bishan Central area and suburban projects across the island.

The $1,700 to $1,800 psf range is also well up from initial market expectations of a launch price of about $1,500 psf. CapitaLand earlier estimated the project's breakeven cost to be about $1,300 psf.

Mr Tan Kok Keong, OrangeTee's research and consultancy head, said the CapitaLand project's proximity to Bishan MRT interchange, the Junction 8 mall and popular schools such as Raffles Institution might have supported the higher-than-expected pricing.

Another potential selling point is that renowned Israeli architect Moshe Safdie, who drew up the Marina Bay Sands integrated resort, will be designing the project.

But an industry player, who declined to be named, said it would be 'a tough sell' for the 99-year leasehold Sky Habitat to be sold at $1,700 to $1,800 psf.

He pointed out that CapitaLand's d'Leedon on the former Farrer Court estate is selling for about $1,680 psf. The city fringe project is also helmed by a star architect - Ms Zaha Hadid - he said.

Sky Habitat will have 509 units across two 38-storey towers linked by bridging sky gardens. Units will range from 680 to 3,000 sq ft.
Experts said that if CapitaLand keeps to its pricing, Sky Habitat will be on a par with prime condos.

They did also note that developers often adjust indicative prices in line with market sentiment closer to the launch date.

Another 99-year leasehold project, Cheung Kong's Thomson Grand in Upper Thomson, set tongues wagging when some of its apartments were sold for about $1,600 psf when it previewed last July.

And in fact, units in completed condos in the prime areas of districts 9, 10 and 11 can be bought for less than that in the resale market.

Units have been sold at Spring Grove in Grange Road since the start of last year from between $1,400 and $1,600 psf. Some condo apartments in the River Valley area, including Aspen Heights and 2 RVG, were recently sold for about $1,600 psf or less.

yaozong7
29-03-12, 11:56

ST article on pricy apartment comes out in front pg & prime news section ($800k HDB & Bedok Residence). Khaw comes out with measures to combat (stop DBSS & implement CM5).

Sounds familiar?

chiaberry
29-03-12, 11:58
If there are going to be any new CMs, they must target NEW LAUNCHES. The poor resale market is a sign that ppl cannot afford the 40% down-payment for resales yet willing to speculate on the new launches with lower down-payment. If the market goes downhill, there will be a lot of problems for the banks if those who bought new launches are not able to keep up with the payments. :tsk-tsk:

price
29-03-12, 12:01
If there are going to be any new CMs, they must target NEW LAUNCHES. The poor resale market is a sign that ppl cannot afford the 40% down-payment for resales yet willing to speculate on the new launches with lower down-payment. If the market goes downhill, there will be a lot of problems for the banks if those who bought new launches are not able to keep up with the payments. :tsk-tsk:

Not exactly, i think the poor resale is due to sellers high expectation. Seeing the newly launch $psf they trying to sell theirs at that level too.

Banks wont face problem, if prices really crash that badly, they'll margin call otherwise force sell lor

ysyap
29-03-12, 12:24
KBW will at least observe the market till the 8000 bumper crop is launched and how the private market is still moving before deciding CM6. I suspect the 8000 BTO units launched is a last ditch effort to further cool the market quickly. Next CM should target sectors of the market which have not been very much affected by the earlier CMs. Developers rank top of the list!!! :eek:

devilplate
29-03-12, 12:49
U r being pyschoed by teddybear liao....

Ocr new launches quantum quite low...tats the main catch

Only got more gd gems resale in ccr....however quantum too big for locals to swallow

devilplate
29-03-12, 12:51
Not exactly, i think the poor resale is due to sellers high expectation. Seeing the newly launch $psf they trying to sell theirs at that level too.

Banks wont face problem, if prices really crash that badly, they'll margin call otherwise force sell lor
eastvale 10yo EC oredi 8xxpsf....ripplebay also 8xxpsf.....no brainer lol

minority
29-03-12, 13:01

So can I say older freehold 800-900psf will be no brainer then?

wannabe
29-03-12, 13:07

older FH at 800+psf very hard to find leh...

lufu
29-03-12, 13:19
housing price-to-income ratio (or HPI), which compares median house price to annual household income is still low compared to Hong Kong correct?

i.e prices though high are still affordable?

solsys
29-03-12, 13:37
My previous forecast in Dec 2011,

------------------------------
Reiterate in nx 6 - 9mths,

HDB Resale down (happened in general, but there are still record breakers)

EC up (happened, period)
OCR up (happened, period)

RCR down (happened)
CCR down (happened)

-------------------------------

The show is still on........... EC has effectively formed the floor at S$650-S$750psf, major support.:im-so-happy:

Sentiment is still very positive and many people who miss the boat will come onboard paying high prices even in OCR new launches. Dangerous history to repeat itself.

People are still rushing in to buy OCR new launches that are priced very far away from the support of $750psf.

News already published Sky Habitat to do record prices at S$1700-1800psf, will this mark the peak?

Does it make sense to buy a project twice or more than twice of a project just 700m-1200m away from MRT?:doh:

----------------
My guess is Year 2012 is still going to be a record breaking year. Year 2013 will stagnant and Year 2014 is when all hell break loose i think, that's when COE prices will drop too, that's when Fed will hike interest rates too.

When shit happens, they happen together.:jaw-dropping:

LKY said that after all the ra ra in Europe, it seems sorted out now but the people in Europe on the ground will only really begin to feel the pain this year.

Give them another year of pek chek with Spain and Portugal staging protests and when people realise the money printing isn't really solving problems, then the real tightening will happen with the interest rate hikes.

With regards to the the rumour of Single being able to buy HDB resale or BTO before age 35 years....... MM will be hit super big time if this happens.

Why?:tsk-tsk:

Cars are expensive now, why would i pay for a condo's maintenance that entitles me to a parking lot when i'm not buying a car. Why do i need facilities when I'm spending most of my time out with friends and travelling.

Be patient, save your bullets now for interest rate hikes and for your additional property to add in 2 years time. :sleep:

For those who got cash to burn, please buy, there are still real gems out there and gems that are glittering with the snazzy marketing and complex discount structures to confuse you too! :D

price
29-03-12, 14:07
ya lor, same price, u want old or new? wait a few years to TOP, thats the only catch:beats-me-man:

price
29-03-12, 14:10
My previous forecast in Dec 2011,

------------------------------
Reiterate in nx 6 - 9mths,

HDB Resale down (happened in general, but there are still record breakers)

EC up (happened, period)
OCR up (happened, period)

RCR down (happened)
CCR down (happened)

-------------------------------

The show is still on........... EC has effectively formed the floor at S$650-S$750psf, major support.:im-so-happy:

Sentiment is still very positive and many people who miss the boat will come onboard paying high prices even in OCR new launches. Dangerous history to repeat itself.

People are still rushing in to buy OCR new launches that are priced very far away from the support of $750psf.

News already published Sky Habitat to do record prices at S$1700-1800psf, will this mark the peak?

Does it make sense to buy a project twice or more than twice of a project just 700m-1200m away from MRT?:doh:

----------------
My guess is Year 2012 is still going to be a record breaking year. Year 2013 will stagnant and Year 2014 is when all hell break loose i think, that's when COE prices will drop too, that's when Fed will hike interest rates too.

When shit happens, they happen together.:jaw-dropping:

LKY said that after all the ra ra in Europe, it seems sorted out now but the people in Europe on the ground will only really begin to feel the pain this year.

Give them another year of pek chek with Spain and Portugal staging protests and when people realise the money printing isn't really solving problems, then the real tightening will happen with the interest rate hikes.

With regards to the the rumour of Single being able to buy HDB resale or BTO before age 35 years....... MM will be hit super big time if this happens.

Why?:tsk-tsk:

Cars are expensive now, why would i pay for a condo's maintenance that entitles me to a parking lot when i'm not buying a car. Why do i need facilities when I'm spending most of my time out with friends and travelling.

Be patient, save your bullets now for interest rate hikes and for your additional property to add in 2 years time. :sleep:

For those who got cash to burn, please buy, there are still real gems out there and gems that are glittering with the snazzy marketing and complex discount structures to confuse you too! :D

Maybe the North will fire a missile soon then WWIII, prices crash 90% like Mr. B says?:cheers4:

devilplate
29-03-12, 14:15
Less den 5yo fh 8xxpsf will b no brainer if there is any.....and quantum must not be too far off

devilplate
29-03-12, 14:17
older FH at 800+psf very hard to find leh...
Very old ones at palm isles vicinity have.....hillview old fh aso haf plenty

roly8
29-03-12, 14:33
i got this plan..

tour the world for this 2 yr..while building up bullets

lol:D:D

price
29-03-12, 14:42
i got this plan..

tour the world for this 2 yr..while building up bullets

lol:D:D

Tour the world while building up bullets? ur passive income so high to cover ur 2 years around the world ah? + left over bullets to buy property

latour
29-03-12, 14:44
Very old ones at palm isles vicinity have.....hillview old fh aso haf plenty

Palm Isles LH99 avg of $830 to $850 /psf makes the FH bigger units project in the vicinity looks veri attractive leh, taking price /psf comparison isn't it?

solsys
29-03-12, 14:55
Maybe the North will fire a missile soon then WWIII, prices crash 90% like Mr. B says?:cheers4:

Cannot denouce such possibility, I wiped out S$160k of profits from my investments when Japan earthquake happened last year.

This is a split second event, war doesn't end in split seconds and will spill over from stock market crash to property correction.

Then again, war probability is higher than before but still low enough for people to still buy in.

Still will climb albeit at slower pace for this year and next. Just my opinion. :2cents:

minority
29-03-12, 15:24
ya lor, same price, u want old or new? wait a few years to TOP, thats the only catch:beats-me-man:

Key word is FH verses LH.

Wild Falcon
29-03-12, 15:30
Strange. I notice this area prices hardly moved. Even the new launch price is disappointing.

Prediction for next 12 months = marginally down. NUS index for CCR secondary market already falling by 1% every month for the past few months. Annualise will be 10% down at least. As for OCR, secondary sales also finally coming down albeit slowly. CCR property artificially held up by developers holding on the unsold units in desperate attempt to hold the price. Or else downwards price movement will be worse.

hyenergix
29-03-12, 15:40
Strange. I notice this area prices hardly moved. Even the new launch price is disappointing.

Prediction for next 12 months = marginally down. NUS index for CCR secondary market already falling by 1% every month for the past few months. Annualise will be 10% down at least. As for OCR, secondary sales also finally coming down albeit slowly. CCR property artificially held up by developers holding on the unsold units in desperate attempt to hold the price. Or else downwards price movement will be worse.

Everyone chiong properties near MRT and mall. Buying one at these locations is like buying price insurance for your property.

fclim
29-03-12, 15:49
Everyone chiong properties near MRT and mall. Buying one at these locations is like buying price insurance for your property.

Will people chiong Sky Habitat at $1,700 psf? Good insurance meh?:beats-me-man:

For me, best insurance now is not to buy for investments. If own stay, Parc Vera being amongst the lowest currently is good insurance.

radha08
29-03-12, 16:03

For me, best insurance now is not to buy for investments. If own stay, Parc Vera being amongst the lowest currently is good insurance.

yup i think a lot of people have bought for investment and when the music stops....its going to be painful..if your over leveraged...:rolleyes:

devilplate
29-03-12, 16:06

fclim=devilplate???

:p

price
29-03-12, 16:07

Parc Vera looks like HDB leh. see their stairs really like the olden days HDB.

:cheers4:

devilplate
29-03-12, 16:07
yup i think a lot of people have bought for investment and when the music stops....its going to be painful..if your over leveraged...:rolleyes:
yes i m one of them,...

music turning softer oredi.....i hold tight tight and collect rent lor

devilplate
29-03-12, 16:09
Parc Vera looks like HDB leh. see their stairs really like the olden days HDB.

:cheers4:
wakaka.....the model looks like HDB la.....at least developers honest mah,......

many complain showflat model looks so nice but actual product so far off :p

radha08
29-03-12, 16:10
fclim=devilplate???

:p

wakakakaka...:D:D:D:D:D

radha08
29-03-12, 16:14
yes i m one of them,...

music turning softer oredi.....i hold tight tight and collect rent lor

bro u are seasoned player u know the rules of the game its those newbies that going to feel the pain...:cool:

fclim
29-03-12, 16:15
wakakakaka...:D:D:D:D:D

Bestest, goodie good, richie rich.

wakakakaka :D :D

hyenergix
29-03-12, 16:20

That one I already mentioned in another thread that it is way over-priced. There are still some quite good buys near MRT stations around but I won't mention here... By the way, near good schools apply too.

lufu
29-03-12, 19:03

cheap MM is good. support level is there. EC $750 psf is probably the support level. But if being cheap is the main criteria, might as well buy HDB. best insurance.

peterng8
29-03-12, 20:53
PSf has been twisted, they are tailoring making the units based on affordable quantum now...meaning psf 1700psf super MM can happen so overall quantum/unit still affordable(EC also the same just look at rainforest for eg..)

resale sellers if based on current new unit psf ,try to sell their bigger units based on that n ending up the price of their old bigger unit is much much more expensive than new one making it even more unattractive if it is older... :p

fclim
30-03-12, 00:55
That one I already mentioned in another thread that it is way over-priced. There are still some quite good buys near MRT stations around but I won't mention here... By the way, near good schools apply too.

Got meh? Share leh..Below $1K psf hor :)

fclim
30-03-12, 00:58
PSf has been twisted, they are tailoring making the units based on affordable quantum now...meaning psf 1700psf super MM can happen so overall quantum/unit still affordable(EC also the same just look at rainforest for eg..)

resale sellers if based on current new unit psf ,try to sell their bigger units based on that n ending up the price of their old bigger unit is much much more expensive than new one making it even more unattractive if it is older... :p

Not SH hor. 1,775 sq ft 4 bed may sell for $1,700psf.

Landed oredi selling condo equivalent psf for land wor.

hyenergix
30-03-12, 06:49
Got meh? Share leh..Below $1K psf hor :)

Quite a number lah... :p

ysyap
30-03-12, 09:47
Quite a number lah... :pGot FH ones or not?

devilplate
30-03-12, 09:49
Got FH ones or not?
further up dtl2 shd hf wat

peterng8
30-03-12, 10:18
Not SH hor. 1,775 sq ft 4 bed may sell for $1,700psf.

Landed oredi selling condo equivalent psf for land wor.

ha ha if that is what your thought is, let me extend your thought further which I presume you might have thought about it, the smaller one in that case will be >S$2500psf? I believe ST report is based on highest psf(regardless of size) or biggest unit with the highest psf?

...further looking at it, possible that those mature area near bishan which will follow suit..no need to wait longer all new PC psf up again and NEW CM set in...:p :p

hyenergix
30-03-12, 12:11
Got FH ones or not?

Have, in 2005.