PDA

View Full Version : Learn how to invest in properties with $0

price
29-03-12, 00:02
Know those investment courses and seminars where they advertise the above on Straits Times?

My colleague actually paid few k$$ to attend. Guess what? They teach u how to take all sorts of loan to pay for the 20% :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Renovation loan, personal loan or whatsoever. What kind of rubbish seminar is this?

:doh: :banghead:

buttercarp
29-03-12, 00:06
Know those investment courses and seminars where they advertise the above on Straits Times?

My colleague actually paid few k$$ to attend. Guess what? They teach u how to take all sorts of loan to pay for the 20% :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Renovation loan, personal loan or whatsoever. What kind of rubbish seminar is this?

These talks free also I dowan to go.
I rather come here to this forum.

azeoprop
29-03-12, 00:10
Never ask him to take loan to buy toto har? :rolleyes:

ysyap
29-03-12, 00:11

:doh: :banghead:It started from the US lah... cannot be practised here in Singapore under our lovely MIW... they are v smart people, u know! :cheers5:

chiaberry
29-03-12, 00:16

My :2cents:

ANY seminar with get-rich-quick promise costing few K $$$ will only benefit the organizers. Even more so if it's run by Americans. This applies for property, stocks and shares, commodities trading etc etc :beats-me-man:

Fancy teaching people to get up to their eyeballs in debt. And somemore is expensive debt with high interest :doh:

Forum members here can organize one between them and do a better job. :cheers5:

hyenergix
29-03-12, 07:20
A lot of information is freely available here. The problem is you need a lot of time to trawl the threads, clarify and discuss before you learn anything. Time is $ for busy people. Best way is to read (but with a pinch of salt) the local property books that condense the critical information.

kane
29-03-12, 08:15

Previously when one could flip option. Maybe still workable. Today with 4 year SSD. That is the fastest way to be bankrupt I reckon.

Rosegarden
29-03-12, 09:38
My :2cents:

ANY seminar with get-rich-quick promise costing few K $$$ will only benefit the organizers. Even more so if it's run by Americans. This applies for property, stocks and shares, commodities trading etc etc :beats-me-man:

Fancy teaching people to get up to their eyeballs in debt. And somemore is expensive debt with high interest :doh:

Forum members here can organize one between them and do a better job. :cheers5:

Few Ks to attend?! Well it certainly is get-rich-quick, but for the organizer, not the trainees!

Laguna
29-03-12, 10:11
I have attended a few of these pre-seminar free talks andsum up some of the observations:

1.Some of these organisers have bulk deals withthe developers and then sub-sales to the buyers. I believe, they have a cut at the backend with the bulk purchase, ie they buy at wholesale and sell atretials. There are a number of these.

2.Some of these are not legal, eg properties in China, they will help u to arrange for fake income tax statement or arrange alocal proxy for u to buy properties to bypass the foreign ownership controls.The presenters have bulk deals with the developers.

3.Some are talking non-sense. All the examples quoted by them are with perfect timing in buying and selling.

4.Some selling Malaysia properties, bulk deals again, and then give discount 20%, but the selling price to the bank is gross of discount, so u can get a 80% loan, ie, with little or no money down.

5.Quite a number of the organisers group their students to join up in buying. First, the organisers will earn the commissionor even flipping profit. But, they did not highlight the complication of this type of partnership.

6.For US properties, I even noted there were back to back, ie they bring the properties here but u can find them yourselves over the internet or at least 30-40% lower.

7.Quite a number did not disclose the full facts,eg taxes, maintenance issues etc when u buy their properties

8.I came across one, the front mark up is 35%,which is not known to outsiders, and they will take away 33% of the profit upon disposal should the market turn. The property has a very bad negative cash flowand yet they promise yearly rental yield payment.

9.A number use high pressure selling technique

I think above is enough for sharing.

roly8
29-03-12, 10:15
still got people go spend few $k and attend..

price
29-03-12, 10:40
still got people go spend few $k and attend..

Everyday in the papers u can see such seminars available wat. If got tonnes of Singaporeans paying Mr. Adam Khoo few k$$ to learn how to invest and make their first million dollar, why wont these people pay to learn how to invest in property with $0? :sleep:

yowetan
29-03-12, 10:59
Can someone share with me how to get the remaining 40% for the downpayment? Thanks in advance.

price
29-03-12, 11:01
Can someone share with me how to get the remaining 40% for the downpayment? Thanks in advance.

Remaining 40%?

roly8
29-03-12, 11:11

loansharks. :D:D:D

yowetan
29-03-12, 11:17
loansharks. :D:D:D

I think that is why people paying few thousands for the seminar then. Your above suggestion is genius.

eng81157
29-03-12, 11:21
adam khoo is a crook. period

radha08
29-03-12, 11:22
in my WHOLE life i only paid $1k to attend a 2 day property seminar conducted by Mr Mohd Ismail(propnex CEO)....what i gained you cannot put a price to it...for 2 days listening to all thos ebig shots with their experiences relating to all aspect of property investment was really worth it...PLUS hey my wifey paid the $1k for me,...:D:D:D

price
29-03-12, 11:25
adam khoo is a crook. period
What about Ernest Wong?

price
29-03-12, 11:26
in my WHOLE life i only paid $1k to attend a 2 day property seminar conducted by Mr Mohd Ismail(propnex CEO)....what i gained you cannot put a price to it...for 2 days listening to all thos ebig shots with their experiences relating to all aspect of property investment was really worth it...PLUS hey my wifey paid the $1k for me,...:D:D:D

Haha so its worthwhile cause ur wife paid for it and not yourself?

You can meet bigshots here and hear about their experiences for free here :D:cheers5:

radha08
29-03-12, 11:28
Haha so its worthwhile cause ur wife paid for it and not yourself?

You can meet bigshots here and hear about their experiences for free here :D:cheers5:

yeah a lot of Mr B....igshots here..:D

Laguna
29-03-12, 11:34

ya, this is the better one in the market

august
29-03-12, 11:39
What about Ernest Wong?

Who is that? :confused:

price
29-03-12, 11:55
Who is that? :confused:
Adam Khoo's Shifu lor.

buttercarp
29-03-12, 12:24

Wife's money should be like your own money.
Unless you give your wife all your salary and she gives you pocket money?

devilplate
29-03-12, 12:42
Gd to go for those free pre seminars.....hf a rough idea wats their hidden agenda

But u must hf strong resistance level

ysyap
29-03-12, 12:48
in my WHOLE life i only paid $1k to attend a 2 day property seminar conducted by Mr Mohd Ismail(propnex CEO)....what i gained you cannot put a price to it...for 2 days listening to all thos ebig shots with their experiences relating to all aspect of property investment was really worth it...PLUS hey my wifey paid the $1k for me,...:D:D:DIsn't your wife's money yours too??? If she paid for it, she'll probably expect something in return? You pay for the next property under her name??? :)

minority
29-03-12, 13:20

Did ur colleague take loan to pay for the seminar?

eng81157
29-03-12, 13:44

wasn't he embroiled in a scandal a year or two ago? something like being in cahoots with an underling to 'psycho' a client to sell cheap to his wife?

price
29-03-12, 14:05
Did ur colleague take loan to pay for the seminar?
I hope he didnt! lol:confused:

price
29-03-12, 14:06
Isn't your wife's money yours too??? If she paid for it, she'll probably expect something in return? You pay for the next property under her name??? :)
Maybe he draws a very clear line between what's his money vs her wife's.

I've seen married couples split dollars and cents on dinner table :ashamed1:

latour
29-03-12, 14:59

Agree... i only spend on this same one, 2 full-days and 3 evening sessions. Ismail take the day1 (3/4 day) talking to the participants with no tea-break and only 45mins lunch break. What a dedicated person with insight and property wisdom... its really an eye opener to me. And I was very surprise that out of about 80+ participants 1/3 are agents (from other realestate company as well) wanting to invest themselves went for this course. I paid less then $1k... being subsidies lar and that was wonderful :D :D :D...

radha08
29-03-12, 15:46
Wife's money should be like your own money.
Unless you give your wife all your salary and she gives you pocket money?

ha ha i always believe at end of day money is a just a piece of printed paper...:D...and my wife believes me when i tell her that... moral of story...dont kena con by ur hubby...:D:D:D:D:D

radha08
29-03-12, 15:47
Agree... i only spend on this same one, 2 full-days and 3 evening sessions. Ismail take the day1 (3/4 day) talking to the participants with no tea-break and only 45mins lunch break. What a dedicated person with insight and property wisdom... its really an eye opener to me. And I was very surprise that out of about 80+ participants 1/3 are agents (from other realestate company as well) wanting to invest themselves went for this course. I paid less then $1k... being subsidies lar and that was wonderful :D :D :D...

one thing his brother nizam said i will never forget got no money to buy dont worry every weekend just go viewing...view and view and view...eventually u will find the money...in a strange way i think its true...:)

radha08
29-03-12, 15:48
Maybe he draws a very clear line between what's his money vs her wife's.

I've seen married couples split dollars and cents on dinner table :ashamed1:

thats sad...

fclim
29-03-12, 16:05
wasn't he embroiled in a scandal a year or two ago? something like being in cahoots with an underling to 'psycho' a client to sell cheap to his wife?

Noooooo, please. Ismail is a very respectable individual.

That one was from ERA, Mike Parikh.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/homeseekers-homemakers-74/property-news-1645859-25-print.html

radha08
29-03-12, 16:16

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/homeseekers-homemakers-74/property-news-1645859-25-print.html

mr ismail is a VERY Sharp and savvy investor..i like his style...:cheers5:

radha08
29-03-12, 16:18

yup agree money well spent i went to a lot of other seminar previews all TCSS our forum bros can be better trainers...:D:D:D

latour
29-03-12, 17:39
one thing his brother nizam said i will never forget got no money to buy dont worry every weekend just go viewing...view and view and view...eventually u will find the money...in a strange way i think its true...:)

Looks like there are quite a few bro/sis here are from LMA's UPS.

devilplate
29-03-12, 17:57
Perhaps u can contribute more of wat u had learned ;)

irisng
29-03-12, 18:41
What about Ernest Wong?

When my son was in Sec 3, his school engaged Ernest Wong to give a talk to the students, it was a 3 days camp (if I remember correctly). After the camp, my son came back and to my surprise, his study attitude changed. His results also had great improvement. A few years later, my daugher also attended the same camp organised by the school (not sure was it on the same topic), but after the camp, I don't see much changes in her leh, so I think different people respond differently lor.

tericia
29-03-12, 20:21
That was what happened for me. :D

radha08
29-03-12, 21:47
That was what happened for me. :D

see what i mean...;)

kane
29-03-12, 23:36
I have attended a few of these pre-seminar free talks andsum up some of the observations:

1.Some of these organisers have bulk deals withthe developers and then sub-sales to the buyers. I believe, they have a cut at the backend with the bulk purchase, ie they buy at wholesale and sell atretials. There are a number of these.

2.Some of these are not legal, eg properties in China, they will help u to arrange for fake income tax statement or arrange alocal proxy for u to buy properties to bypass the foreign ownership controls.The presenters have bulk deals with the developers.

3.Some are talking non-sense. All the examples quoted by them are with perfect timing in buying and selling.

4.Some selling Malaysia properties, bulk deals again, and then give discount 20%, but the selling price to the bank is gross of discount, so u can get a 80% loan, ie, with little or no money down.

5.Quite a number of the organisers group their students to join up in buying. First, the organisers will earn the commissionor even flipping profit. But, they did not highlight the complication of this type of partnership.

6.For US properties, I even noted there were back to back, ie they bring the properties here but u can find them yourselves over the internet or at least 30-40% lower.

7.Quite a number did not disclose the full facts,eg taxes, maintenance issues etc when u buy their properties

8.I came across one, the front mark up is 35%,which is not known to outsiders, and they will take away 33% of the profit upon disposal should the market turn. The property has a very bad negative cash flowand yet they promise yearly rental yield payment.

9.A number use high pressure selling technique

I think above is enough for sharing.

if they can, do. if they can't, teach.

tericia
30-03-12, 01:56
My only fear now is taxman sending me a letter. I just sold and bought again. :p

see what i mean...;)

eng81157
30-03-12, 03:15
When my son was in Sec 3, his school engaged Ernest Wong to give a talk to the students, it was a 3 days camp (if I remember correctly). After the camp, my son came back and to my surprise, his study attitude changed. His results also had great improvement. A few years later, my daugher also attended the same camp organised by the school (not sure was it on the same topic), but after the camp, I don't see much changes in her leh, so I think different people respond differently lor.

got a cheaper alternative. send them to city harvest :D

eng81157
30-03-12, 03:17

apologies, my bad.

radha08
30-03-12, 08:53
My only fear now is taxman sending me a letter. I just sold and bought again. :p

earn money must share with big brother ma...:D

tericia
30-03-12, 10:06
Hahaha actually my long term goal is to buy a whole super small project to make it into a project where special needs people can stay and be taken care of my a building manager.

So for now, must keep try to keep the money or myself.

earn money must share with big brother ma...:D

radha08
30-03-12, 10:12
Hahaha actually my long term goal is to buy a whole super small project to make it into a project where special needs people can stay and be taken care of my a building manager.

So for now, must keep try to keep the money or myself.

are you doing it from a business point of view or from a passionate point of view...;)

tericia
30-03-12, 10:18
Hahaha passionate lah. These things don't make money at all. Must ask Big Brother for more housing grant maybe, hahaha.

are you doing it from a business point of view or from a passionate point of view...;)

august
30-03-12, 11:46
apologies, my bad.

iirc there was a Mohd ismail, not sure if it is the same person, who was charged many years back, around 2003 there abouts, for being involved in a HDB deal where the transaction price was inflated in order to obtain more loan and then the excess cash passed to the seller. I vaguely recall this...

devilplate
30-03-12, 12:07
iirc there was a Mohd ismail, not sure if it is the same person, who was charged many years back, around 2003 there abouts, for being involved in a HDB deal where the transaction price was inflated in order to obtain more loan and then the excess cash passed to the seller. I vaguely recall this...
i believe diff ismail lol

tericia
07-04-12, 16:56
If I'm not wrong this Mohd Ismail is from ERA. Now a group director there.

i believe diff ismail lol

tericia
07-04-12, 16:58
If I'm not wrong this Mohd Ismail is from ERA. Now a group director there. Not sure if he left already. His record I think was 60 hdb sales in 1 month.

i believe diff ismail lolY

price
07-04-12, 17:05
If I'm not wrong this Mohd Ismail is from ERA. Now a group director there. Not sure if he left already. His record I think was 60 hdb sales in 1 month.

Y

He got lucky! haha