PDA

View Full Version : What does "price on ask" means?

Mimosa
04-04-12, 12:02
Hi all,
Been reading the posts for a few weeks and finally decided to register as well J

I have a very dumb question here, please pardon me.

What does “price on ask” means?
I checked around for the meaning but it’s still confusing.

Some said to call the agent to get the price and some said it’s fixed price, so non-negotiable. Which one is correct?

Property guru is not helping as well, I see some postings with no price stated only “price on ask” which applies to the first one. But then there are a lot of postings which state the price and put “price on ask” as well. :confused:

Thanks

ilovekopi
04-04-12, 12:12
i think it means .... they will tell you when you ask them.

Even if it is fixed price, you have to call and ask the agent.
In property, there is no fixed price. See who can wait and who is keen.
And how much you love the unit to pay for it?

Anyway, I am also newbie. See what the rest say. :)

Hi all,
Been reading the posts for a few weeks and finally decided to register as well J

I have a very dumb question here, please pardon me.

What does “price on ask” means?
I checked around for the meaning but it’s still confusing.

Some said to call the agent to get the price and some said it’s fixed price, so non-negotiable. Which one is correct?

Property guru is not helping as well, I see some postings with no price stated only “price on ask” which applies to the first one. But then there are a lot of postings which state the price and put “price on ask” as well. :confused:

Thanks

buttercarp
04-04-12, 12:23
Price on ask = view to offer

I tend to think these sellers may not be genuine to sell or at least not in a hurry to sell and may be testing the market.

Naruto
04-04-12, 12:35
Price on ask = view to offer

I tend to think these sellers may not be genuine to sell or at least not in a hurry to sell and may be testing the market.

Agreed, better call to view those in newpapers Ads.. propertyguru's
pay annual fee and post as many as you can...many testing the water..

ikan bilis
04-04-12, 12:42
umm... let me guess....

sellers' asking price too high that cannot show it publicly ??... :D

hyenergix
04-04-12, 12:54
I think it is higher level than View to Offer. Price On Ask means it will be very expensive. So if you ask, you probably cannot afford.

Naruto
04-04-12, 12:55
umm... let me guess....

sellers' asking price too high that cannot show it publicly ??... :D

Umm, too low that cannot show publicly???:D

Can be anything lol..If interest, no harm to go for a view mah..
kekeke

ikan bilis
04-04-12, 13:05
Umm, too low that cannot show publicly???:D

Can be anything lol..If interest, no harm to go for a view mah..
kekeke

please-lah... if too low price property agent will print big big "FIRESALE" or "20% below valuation" liow... or if that devil-property-agent he already makan-ed that condo unit... ;) :D

blackjack21trader
04-04-12, 14:34
It means they see you first, and if they see you very up, they will ask for 10% more.

Rosegarden
04-04-12, 15:09
Price on Asking ... i.e. a price will be conjured up upon your asking. And it is likely to be a you-asked-for-it price! :D

radha08
04-04-12, 18:32
It means they see you first, and if they see you very up, they will ask for 10% more.

bro whats with the black eye on ur nick picture..:)

Komo
04-04-12, 20:58
price on ask means you call them or go to them so that they can ask you what you can offer...otherwise how can they ask you? :D :D

land118
04-04-12, 22:37
It means they see you first, and if they see you very up, they will ask for 10% more. Haha, if they see you No UP, just look-look-see-see, price will be 20% or more to put you off....:D

carbuncle
06-04-12, 00:43
Usually for such units could be two extremes. Either the agent is holding to a exclusive listing and defending against other agents out to fish ads, or is one of the fisherman agents... It really depends what you say when you call them. If former case they will ask you questions to suss out if you agent in disguise or just look see not serious. If latter case, then they will just get your requirements and maybe recommend other agent listings or other projects to you...

sandbox
21-06-14, 15:50
I also get a bit confused when I see price on application or guide price. Usually the price quoted is never available or is usually higher when we call to ask. If that's the case, why even put the price? Is it just a marketing ploy to see demand for a project?

I feel that it wastes a lot of time if there are genuine buyers who have a limited budget. Every time we call, the price is not available or is much higher than the buyer can afford. :confused: