PDA

View Full Version : Prices of Private house continue to fall?

FilthyRich
11-04-12, 10:28
Recently on the news, it was stated that housing prices for private houses have started to fall, as seen on the straits times.
Here is the link ST. (http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_784455.html)

In my opinion this is due to the government plan to house more people in HDB flats, with their development in terms of BTO and DBSS flats, which offer both affordable and better living conditions.

With the demand of HDB increasing, noticed from the constant increase in price of the HDBs, demand for private estates fall proportionately.

What would the future of prices of private property be? will it continue to fall?
Increase at a decreasing rate compared to HDB? or continue to rise significantly.

radha08
11-04-12, 11:14
you have to ask the opinion of our expert Mr B..he is the master of this topic....;)

Astronotus oscellatus
11-04-12, 15:44
Who can say for sure? But long, long term, should be eventually up.

But inflation eating away at what you stash under your pillow is very sure.

FilthyRich
11-04-12, 15:47
Yeah Singapore has one of the highest inflation rate at about 5% annum.
Which is why many choose to stash their assets either in property or in other countries.

Hmmm Mrb ok shall go and consult him sometime. Hope he will be attracted to my post haha...

Poloclub
11-04-12, 18:12
Yeah Singapore has one of the highest inflation rate at about 5% annum.
Which is why many choose to stash their assets either in property or in other countries.

Hmmm Mrb ok shall go and consult him sometime. Hope he will be attracted to my post haha...

Investors like chasing after their own tail. Much of Singapore inflation is caused by property or the effect of property boom, and if everyone continue to push prices higher and higher, inflation will just follow.