PDA

View Full Version : What to look out for when renting out your flat

Beebot
12-04-12, 23:11
I have never rented out my flat before but will do so in a few year's time when my condo is ready. I take great pains to maintain our flat well so am worried if I get tenants from hell. Any tips?

howgozit
12-04-12, 23:27
For starters, if renting out fully/partially furnished, make an inventory.

carbuncle
12-04-12, 23:29
Do not ever rent to following:

1. China students in groups
2. China blue collar workers in groups
3. Actually anything from China in a group
4. Single japanese guy
5. Single ang mo guy
6. Filipino, whether single or married, with or without kid
7. Vietnamese lady or ladies who look too well groomed or made up

ralfale
12-04-12, 23:43
What's left after excluding all these? :)

carbuncle
12-04-12, 23:54
What's left after excluding all these? :)
A lot... Malaysian, Indonesian, Indian, Hong Konger, Taiwanese, Koreans .... And of course, Singaporean!

Beebot
12-04-12, 23:58
Do not ever rent to following:

1. China students in groups
2. China blue collar workers in groups
3. Actually anything from China in a group
4. Single japanese guy
5. Single ang mo guy
6. Filipino, whether single or married, with or without kid
7. Vietnamese lady or ladies who look too well groomed or made up

Can you please explain why?

carbuncle
13-04-12, 00:07
Can you please explain why?
Waiting for you to ask... China groups because they mess up the place also cook up a storm turning your house into zi cha stall. Single japanese guy because japanese men used to being well taken care by the mother and wives so will mess up the place also. Single caucasian because they generally bad at finances and always late in paying rent. Filipino like to party all the time and cause nuisance with non stop karaoke. Vietnamese ladies... No need explain ba.

azeoprop
13-04-12, 00:18
U might also want to furnish only upon request as you will get a bigger pool of potential tenants.

Beebot
13-04-12, 10:39
Waiting for you to ask... China groups because they mess up the place also cook up a storm turning your house into zi cha stall. Single japanese guy because japanese men used to being well taken care by the mother and wives so will mess up the place also. Single caucasian because they generally bad at finances and always late in paying rent. Filipino like to party all the time and cause nuisance with non stop karaoke. Vietnamese ladies... No need explain ba.

Single caucasians are late in paying rentals? Hm...this is new to me (I know these are generalizations). Thanks! ;)

carbuncle
13-04-12, 10:41
Single caucasians are late in paying rentals? Hm...this is new to me (I know these are generalizations). Thanks! ;)
All above generalisations of course. YMMV

buttercarp
13-04-12, 11:22
TS.... can i rent to single japanese ladies?

radha08
14-04-12, 12:45
my humble personal experience,....sia stewardess - no issue...but call you for smallest things...indian IT professional husband/wife/1 kid - No issue but when come to tenancy renewal...they wont pay you more for next contract...:cool: