PDA

View Full Version : Bomb shelters a must in all flats

carbuncle
13-04-12, 12:35
Topic increasingly relevant on day 2 of NKorea rocket launch and China vs Philippines spat... Whether HS house shelter or SS storey shelter. Question: does everyone here actually know how to properly use a bomb shelter and the mandatory fixtures inside??

radha08
13-04-12, 12:57
Topic increasingly relevant on day 2 of NKorea rocket launch and China vs Philippines spat... Whether HS house shelter or SS storey shelter. Question: does everyone here actually know how to properly use a bomb shelter and the mandatory fixtures inside??

since you are..."The.. bad guy who will speak all the ugly truths you dont wanna hear "...why dont you tell..us...:D :D :D

radha08
13-04-12, 12:58

oh just a thought for those husband who like to screw around with other woman if you get caught by your wife can hide in....BOMB SHELTER...:D :D :D

hyenergix
13-04-12, 13:00
Is there a bomb shelter in landed houses?

fclim
13-04-12, 13:10
Does/Has anyone here:
1. Stocked up on canned food in the bomb shelter?
2. Conducted regular drills with your family and get everyone into the bomb shelter within 20 secs or less? Day and Night drills. One Thousand, Two Thousand....:D :D
3. Tried closing the door and stayed inside for 20 minutes with your family?
4. Tried using your mobile phone in there?

Hell no. Cos it is choke full of stuff and the maid's bed in the first place. hahaha..

hyenergix
13-04-12, 13:15
Does anyone here:
1. Stock up on canned food in the bomb shelter?
2. Conduct regular drills with your family and get everyone into the bomb shelter within 20 secs. Day and Night drills. One Thousand, Two Thousand....:D :D
3. Tried closing the door and stay inside for 20 minutes with your family?

Hell no. Cos it is choke full of stuff and the maid's bed in the first place. hahaha..

Bomb shelter is a screwed up govt policy. Basically e govt expect everyone to stay at home while there r bombings ard. Given e smaller family size, bomb shelters shd b smaller without affecting e quality of life inside e bomb shelters.

fclim
13-04-12, 13:18
Bomb shelter is a screwed up govt policy. Basically e govt expect everyone to stay at home while there r bombings ard. Given e smaller family size, bomb shelters shd b smaller without affecting e quality of life inside e bomb shelters.

If there is a fire in the house and you cannot get out, that is the best place to be in.:)

hyenergix
13-04-12, 13:19
If there is a fire in the house and you cannot get out, that is the best place to be in.:)

I would rather hang by e window than get smoked by e fire.

carbuncle
13-04-12, 13:28
since you are..."The.. bad guy who will speak all the ugly truths you dont wanna hear "...why dont you tell..us...:D :D :D
I bad guy... Thats why dunno how to use lol bad guys die first in bombings

carbuncle
13-04-12, 13:30
Is there a bomb shelter in landed houses?
No need. Rich landed owners can afford the luxury of getting buried directly in the soil after kena bombed...

carbuncle
13-04-12, 13:33
Does/Has anyone here:
1. Stocked up on canned food in the bomb shelter?
2. Conducted regular drills with your family and get everyone into the bomb shelter within 20 secs or less? Day and Night drills. One Thousand, Two Thousand....:D :D
3. Tried closing the door and stayed inside for 20 minutes with your family?

Canned food but forgot to buy can opener. Lppl

carbuncle
13-04-12, 13:34
Quality of life inside bomb shelters.... Sounds somewhat amusing...

fclim
13-04-12, 13:38
I would rather hang by e window than get smoked by e fire.

haha sure anot? What if I tell you the shelter is fire rated and air tight? Most people die of smoke inhalation rather than being burnt.

ikan bilis
13-04-12, 13:40
possible to run out of oxygen inside ??... :scared-4:

carbuncle
13-04-12, 13:52
haha sure anot? What if I tell you the shelter is fire rated and air tight? Most people die of smoke inhalation rather than being burnt.
How long can you survive inside if its really airtight. Oh ya maybe a fart can save our lives as it is extra gas containing oxygen...

fclim
13-04-12, 15:03
How long can you survive inside if its really airtight. Oh ya maybe a fart can save our lives as it is extra gas containing oxygen...

Long enough for SCDF to come. Better than being outside or jumping off the building..:scared-4: Oh ya, maybe toilet better since you like to fart often.:)

carbuncle
13-04-12, 15:22
Long enough for SCDF to come. Better than being outside or jumping off the building..:scared-4: Oh ya, maybe toilet better since you like to fart often.:)
One fart does not often make... Come on, dont tell me there is a day go by you dont fart at all...

carbuncle
13-04-12, 15:24
Actually, how many ventilation ports does your shelter have? Mine got 2

ikan bilis
13-04-12, 15:29
never have any hs before, in my hdb or condo...
got ventilation ports meh ?... like that good mah, can pull aircon piping in and use as study room liow... ;)

Rosegarden
13-04-12, 15:59
During an air raid, is it better to hide in a home shelter 10 or 20 storeys up in the air, or run for your lives on the ground? What's your preference and why?

sh
13-04-12, 16:06
No need. Rich landed owners can afford the luxury of getting buried directly in the soil after kena bombed...

Landed also have HS lah. Older ones don't have, but new ones must have

Although some get around the requirement by keeping a few columns and call it "reconstruction"... :tongue3:

sh
13-04-12, 16:07
Actually, how many ventilation ports does your shelter have? Mine got 2

All will have 2 lobangs....:D

carbuncle
13-04-12, 16:12
During an air raid, is it better to hide in a home shelter 10 or 20 storeys up in the air, or run for your lives on the ground? What's your preference and why?
Hide in HS on ground floor unit- may not survive the knocking and rolling about in high floor HS which comes tumbling down...

roly8
13-04-12, 16:23
if you stay landed, just dig your underground base lor.. :p

hopeful
13-04-12, 16:26
if you stay landed, just dig your underground base lor.. :p

http://www.deepearthbunker.com/
shown on discovery channel, either that download via torrent

carbuncle
13-04-12, 16:27
See below page last para for sg specific rationale. Oh boy is not even to guard against major air strikes... Only localised explosive. They based the whole concept on the premise that buildings will not collapse during times of strife....

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air-raid_shelter

fclim
13-04-12, 16:39

Home shelter of course and take my chance from there. Where would you run to on the ground? You can run provided you know where the bombs and debris are going to land. In reality, you don't, so anywhere on the ground except a bomb shelter is not safe.

Buildings collapsing? Not unless it is a nuclear bomb.

fclim
13-04-12, 16:47
See below page last para for sg specific rationale. Oh boy is not even to guard against major air strikes... Only localised explosive. They based the whole concept on the premise that buildings will not collapse during times of strife....

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air-raid_shelter

Nothing is foolproof. The best is to live in landed and build your own home shelter the size of your living room, deep in the ground, with at least 36 inches of dirt and soil above it. Stocked it up with food and equip it with radio and TV. That would cost you about $100K? Would you do it?

carbuncle
13-04-12, 17:06
Nothing is foolproof. The best is to live in landed and build your own home shelter the size of your living room, deep in the ground, with at least 36 inches of dirt and soil above it. Stocked it up with food and equip it with radio and TV. That would cost you about $100K? Would you do it?
No la... Sg hasnt gotten that unsafe yet... When the time comes you will know... All the FT from Philippines, China, US etc will be gone first....

hyenergix
13-04-12, 17:36

R u waiting for enemy to land and slaughter u in e HS? Singapore lacks strategic depth for defence. Recall Singapore fell easily once Japanese hit e shore n secured e reservoirs. I wld fly my family out of Singapore if war becomes inevitable.

hyenergix
13-04-12, 17:38
I wonder if MFA has any evacuation plans for Singaporeans. 5 million+ pp trying to siam e bombs raining on a tiny dot is not an easy task.

gn108
13-04-12, 17:47
Dual plans ...one plan for those who 'have' and another for those who 'have not'. Actually it's just one plan ...coz either you're in or you're out...
Like when H1NI vacs were in low supply ...

I wonder if MFA has any evacuation plans for Singaporeans. 5 million+ pp trying to siam e bombs raining on a tiny dot is not an easy task.

fclim
13-04-12, 18:03
R u waiting for enemy to land and slaughter u in e HS? Singapore lacks strategic depth for defence. Recall Singapore fell easily once Japanese hit e shore n secured e reservoirs. I wld fly my family out of Singapore if war becomes inevitable.

U must be one of the FTs that Carbuncle mentioned. So, u from Philippines, China or India?

roly8
13-04-12, 18:04
buy own private plane & ship..

then can leave by yourself anytime.. :D

hyenergix
13-04-12, 18:20
U must be one of the FTs that Carbuncle mentioned. So, u from Philippines, China or India?

Somewhere in Asia.

carbuncle
13-04-12, 18:24
Somewhere in Asia.
Know how to use the word siam, Malaysian la

hyenergix
13-04-12, 18:25
Uncle, not really...

carbuncle
13-04-12, 18:25
Another benefit for people buying into project on top of underground mrt...

hyenergix
13-04-12, 18:27
Another benefit for people buying into project on top of underground mrt...

Have you heard of bombs in UK Underground?

carbuncle
13-04-12, 19:22
Have you heard of bombs in UK Underground?
You mean terrorist attack or war?

hyenergix
13-04-12, 19:40

This is call sabotage. Quite common in war also.

hopeful
13-04-12, 19:51

no evacuation for the masses. that's what NS is for.
before any shot has been fired, they will closed down CPF building, no more withdrawal by Singaporean renouncing their citizenship. Then they evacuate, Temasek Holdings and GIC bigshots.

teddybear
13-04-12, 20:21
You didn't read news that terrorists suspects nabbed because they plotting to bomb MRT stations? I for one will never buy any property directly on top of the MRT station. :(

carbuncle
13-04-12, 20:39
You didn't read news that terrorists suspects nabbed because they plotting to bomb MRT stations? I for one will never buy any property directly on top of the MRT station. :(
I remember now... Yishun