PDA

View Full Version : bomb shelter and the design of coverup

samuelk
15-04-12, 19:37
anyone here knows of a good site to go look at for bomb shelter. Have seen the usual of a flip door concept but does mot bode well with the overall look I would like to go for.

thanks in advance

DLiauw
15-04-12, 20:09
More information on household shelters (or bomb shelters) is available at www.bca.gov.sg.

Within the privacy of their homes, I have seen attempts by homeowners to remove the door, or replace the ironmongery but do remember that if you should choose to remove them, and when you do sell your home one day, you would need to replace what you have removed. The door is heavy and its replacement is very expensive.

mygeemeel
16-04-12, 00:31
Removing it would cost but can be done when your contractors are doing up your unit. Probably give them an angpao of $20?

Fixing it back up before you sell may not be a problem. Bcos if the new buyer likes your design, he won't ask you to fix back and then they spend extra money to remove. Just make sure the door is available before selling it.

Some people install sliding glass door after removing the heavy door.

roly8
16-04-12, 11:05
my dream bomb shelter is an underground base. ;)

carbuncle
16-04-12, 14:25
my dream bomb shelter is an underground base. ;)
Check out Mountbatten Suites. No need go anywhere just stay put sit on your sofa...

fan
16-04-12, 21:04
Some people install sliding glass door after removing the heavy door.

This will b ideal but is it legal? How to go about it?

mygeemeel
17-04-12, 00:08
This will b ideal but is it legal? How to go about it?

It is not acceptable and no problem if no one complains or notify Civil Defence i guess.

I have seen some people took out the door, keep it inside the HS. They engage an ID to design a sliding door. Go check out some landed show units, they do the same too.