PDA

View Full Version : 70% of sky habitat snapped up in a day!

Pages : [1] 2 3

FilthyRich
16-04-12, 11:11
According to an article by straits time today, 70% of sky habitat units were snapped up at launch, although, not only was it one of the most expensive suburban condos,$1,642 psf for a four-bedder, and the fact that it has only a 99 year leasehold.

Other than the main selling point of the sky habitat, its accessibility and design. i wonder what other factors contributed to the good sales of such an expensive condo.

Source (http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/singapore-property-news/buyers-snap-up-units-at-launch-of-singapores-priciest-suburban-condo/a/61580)

Skyrocketing prices for local properties have been Phenomenon recently, and i cant wait for all these to finally come to a stable end.

roly8
16-04-12, 11:25
your nick suggest that you bought one unit at sky hab. too?? :D

FilthyRich
16-04-12, 11:29
lol nope just went to take a look at what the commotion was all about

latour
16-04-12, 11:42
Its cheap, when the next 2 piece of land there tender and develop it will be sold at higher $/psf.:cheers1:

buttercarp
16-04-12, 11:42
:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

Crowds thronging the showroom on the first weekend of the launch of CapitaLand's Moshe Safdie-designed Sky Habitat condominium in Bishan. Out of the 180 units released for sale, 125 units were sold by 6pm on Sunday. Average prices range from $1,747 psf for a one-bedder to $1,642 psf for a four-bedder. This works out to $1.11 million for a 635 sq ft one-bedroom unit. ST PHOTO: SEAH KWANG PENG

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_789266.html

babyworm
16-04-12, 11:44
70% of 180 units launched is different from 70% of Sky Habitat project... :tsk-tsk:

dtrax
16-04-12, 11:45
I SCREAM ICE-CREAM!!!

ysyap
16-04-12, 11:49
This is advertisement... 70% of units launched snapped up vs 70% of units snapped up... drop one word and have free advertisement... :spliff:

latour
16-04-12, 11:49
I SCREAM ICE-CREAM!!!

because it's hot!

roly8
16-04-12, 11:50
70% of 180 units launched is different from 70% of Sky Habitat project... :tsk-tsk:

Sky Habitat project
No. Of Units 509

they really know how to twist the words ...

LOL!!!

babyworm
16-04-12, 12:09
I believe you and I know how this works :) Am just surprised that developers have continued using this strategy even though it is like telling people they have caught 125 fishes using a net big enough for 180, without defining how big the ocean is.

cheerful
16-04-12, 12:39
huat ahh .... !!

smallant
16-04-12, 12:40
:scared-1: Steamy .... Crazy .... Was eyeing a unit at east .. Elliot ...
someone pay pay 2.5x mil !!! outbid .... :doh:
Think got to reassess the mkt....

price
16-04-12, 12:45
aiya we all know why they get so much free advertisement. Who owns cap land? :D:cheers5:

dtrax
16-04-12, 12:45

Elliot @ east coast damn bo hua, launch price during recession period was considered quite high already.. heng u din buy keke

DKSG
16-04-12, 13:07
huat ahh .... !!

Is it announced already ? Where u find this ?

Is that why they also announced launching 6 plots of land for 2,380 units ?!

Cant be such a coincidence right ?

DKSG

bargain hunter
16-04-12, 13:14
announced on ura website, monthly sales data.

Is it announced already ? Where u find this ?

Is that why they also announced launching 6 plots of land for 2,380 units ?!

Cant be such a coincidence right ?

DKSG

Beebot
16-04-12, 13:18
I wonder who are those who can afford to buy this project? Do they have Mama and Papa ATM? Are high fliers and successful bosses like Sim Wong Hoo or ash rich from enbloc sales? The loan amount must be :scared-4:

thomastansb
16-04-12, 13:23
There is no relevance. Some land can sell much cheaper during downturn.

Its cheap, when the next 2 piece of land there tender and develop it will be sold at higher $/psf.:cheers1:

limfc
16-04-12, 13:59
Seriously, I do not understand how our Bishan friends think like that...

why are they willing to pay for almost 1.93mil (assuming S$1,642 psf X 1180 sqft), 99 yrs condo in Bishan, when this one in prime area, within 1 km of somerset mrt is only asking 1.7mil....
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9408480/for-sale-oleanas-residences

either this Bishan development is seriously over-priced or the one near somerset is seriously under-priced.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Or maybe the problem is with me, that I did not realized 99LH is better than freehold and Somerset will soon lose it's shine and Bishan is the new "to-be" place? :doh: :doh: :doh:

Lovelle
16-04-12, 14:10

i though u are going for waterbank

bargain hunter
16-04-12, 14:17
its not exactly comparable. i looked at oleanas before. its older, the corridors are darker and walking to somerset is not exactly that easy (though it is indeed walkable).

i also noticed that a lot of pple prefer larger plots of land vs smaller plots.

why are they willing to pay for almost 1.93mil (assuming S$1,642 psf X 1180 sqft), 99 yrs condo in Bishan, when this one in prime area, within 1 km of somerset mrt is only asking 1.7mil....

either this Bishan development is seriously over-priced or the one near somerset is seriously under-priced.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Or maybe the problem is with me, that I did not realized 99LH is better than freehold and Somerset will soon lose it's shine and Bishan is the new "to-be" place? :doh: :doh: :doh:

bargain hunter
16-04-12, 14:22
the latest caveat for a 4 bedder $2.18m 1668 sq ft 1307psf was on the market for more than one and a half years with a $2.2m asking price. i viewed it 1 1/2 years ago, when asking price was the same, my wife didn't like that layout and the overall feel of the development. while i think it is good $ value, the point i want to make is that, it was not easy to sell this unit at all even at 1300psf when all the OCR units surpassed this psf. i am not sure why, but apparently, the bulk of buyers do not look at psf as their primary consideration. :beats-me-man:

its not exactly comparable. i looked at oleanas before. its older, the corridors are darker and walking to somerset is not exactly that easy (though it is indeed walkable).

i also noticed that a lot of pple prefer larger plots of land vs smaller plots.

radha08
16-04-12, 14:51

maybe they prefer the bishan cos the agent is chio-bu unlike the one near somerset...:D

limfc
16-04-12, 15:08
maybe they prefer the bishan cos the agent is chio-bu unlike the one near somerset...:D

if that' really the truth, the buyers are far too short-sighted, cos there're much much more chio-bus in somerset area than in Bishan? :cheers5: :cheers4: :cheers3:

whahaha.... :D or am i wrong again? :doh: :scared-3:

radha08
16-04-12, 15:11
if that' really the truth, the buyers are far too short-sighted, cos there're much much more chio-bus in somerset area than in Bishan? :cheers5: :cheers4: :cheers3:

whahaha.... :D or am i wrong again? :doh: :scared-3:

no la just kiasu sporean when everybody cheong to buy they also must buy....many years ago all que at mcdonald to get hello kitty toy...now all cheong to buy SH...its just sporean mentality...just enjoy free show...and tcss in forum...:D

bargain hunter
16-04-12, 15:18
cannot anyhow use the word "chio-bu" in this forum hor. we lost bro devilplate becoz he used this term and somebody took it as an insult. :scared-1:

i thought its a complement? :confused: :beats-me-man:

insigina
16-04-12, 15:22
the latest caveat for a 4 bedder $2.18m 1668 sq ft 1307psf was on the market for more than one and a half years with a $2.2m asking price. i viewed it 1 1/2 years ago, when asking price was the same, my wife didn't like that layout and the overall feel of the development. while i think it is good $ value, the point i want to make is that, it was not easy to sell this unit at all even at 1300psf when all the OCR units surpassed this psf. i am not sure why, but apparently, the bulk of buyers do not look at psf as their primary consideration. :beats-me-man:

I think traditionally these CCR areas are the domain of investors. How many locals actually live here? The proportion is definitely much lower than non CCR areas. Now that the CCR has lost some of its shine (I'm not even going to speculate on the reasons) and foreign buyers are holding back, it is natural you see CCR properties in the market longer. Those buying for own stay may not be accustomed to living in "investor territory"...goes back to my earlier premise that people tend to look for familiar surroundings when they relocate, and for locals, the bulk of them are non CCR.

DKSG
16-04-12, 15:31
I have been thinking about this Sky Habi vs Oleanas trade offs for quite a while. Havent got a concrete theory to propose but my findings so far from discusison with various parties are as per below :

1) "I Like" - this is not the Facebook "Like" button but similar. I find that nowadays, people attach a lot more value to like. If they like and can afford, they buy. Comparing values based on tradtitional location, FH vs LH, etc. are all "Old School" already. If there is designer condo in Bishan selling for the same price as FH, old, tattered condo in River Valley, people choose the swanky one in Bishan. If you dont understand this theory, then maybe you have not come to terms more modern thinking. Like is more important than traditional value. I Like means I Value.

2) Location Premium - The premium people used as yardstick has changed. Maybe due to better MRT system, bus system, or people are driving now. Last time, maybe a Bishan condo is at 20% discount to Novena and 60% discount to River Valley, but now this numbers have changed, people attached less stigma to travelling a few MRT stops away. Hence it is no long 20% to Novena, maybe just 10%.

3) New vs Old premium - People now may attach more premium to new condos. As population gets affluent, people all want to stay in new condo. Wait a few years nvm, but must be NEW! Those who buy and stay in older condos because its cheaper, in the new era's view --> its CHEAP! In newer era, the only reason why people wanna stay in older condos will be probably due to reasons 1) and 2) above..

Thats all I have for the time being, once the other thoughts are arranged, I will share with you all!

DKSG
Straddling between the new and older eras.
PS : I mentioned era not ERA hor!

teddybear
16-04-12, 15:37
Good! Nobody will not compete with me.:D

I have been thinking about this Sky Habi vs Oleanas trade offs for quite a while. Havent got a concrete theory to propose but my findings so far from discusison with various parties are as per below :

1) "I Like" - this is not the Facebook "Like" button but similar. I find that nowadays, people attach a lot more value to like. If they like and can afford, they buy. Comparing values based on tradtitional location, FH vs LH, etc. are all "Old School" already. If there is designer condo in Bishan selling for the same price as FH, old, tattered condo in River Valley, people choose the swanky one in Bishan. If you dont understand this theory, then maybe you have not come to terms more modern thinking. Like is more important than traditional value. I Like means I Value.

2) Location Premium - The premium people used as yardstick has changed. Maybe due to better MRT system, bus system, or people are driving now. Last time, maybe a Bishan condo is at 20% discount to Novena and 60% discount to River Valley, but now this numbers have changed, people attached less stigma to travelling a few MRT stops away. Hence it is no long 20% to Novena, maybe just 10%.

3) New vs Old premium - People now may attach more premium to new condos. As population gets affluent, people all want to stay in new condo. Wait a few years nvm, but must be NEW! Those who buy and stay in older condos because its cheaper, in the new era's view --> its CHEAP! In newer era, the only reason why people wanna stay in older condos will be probably due to reasons 1) and 2) above..

Thats all I have for the time being, once the other thoughts are arranged, I will share with you all!

DKSG

limfc
16-04-12, 15:39
I think traditionally these CCR areas are the domain of investors. How many locals actually live here? The proportion is definitely much lower than non CCR areas. Now that the CCR has lost some of its shine (I'm not even going to speculate on the reasons) and foreign buyers are holding back, it is natural you see CCR properties in the market longer. Those buying for own stay may not be accustomed to living in "investor territory"...goes back to my earlier premise that people tend to look for familiar surroundings when they relocate, and for locals, the bulk of them are non CCR.

ahh... this one make sense... ok, i concede defeat.... :D :D :D
i guess when all the family and uncles and aunties (三姑六婆,亲朋戚友) all stay nearby, surely got peer pressure to stay nearby...

i just hope the Bishan-ers know that they're paying more than in CCR and still :D even when they know and not :banghead: after they come here to read our posts... hahahha.... :D :D :D

bargain hunter
16-04-12, 15:39
agree with you on this. didn't see any locals at oleanas at all.

DKSG
16-04-12, 16:17
Good! Nobody will not compete with me.:D

Bear Bear ...

No one compete also means next time fewer buyers leh.
If u buy something like Oleanas, hold 4 years, unless en bloc. based on my above, not many people will want to stay there.

Cheap doesnt mean good sometimes.

We can further discuss in private.

DKSG

teddybear
16-04-12, 16:30
Oleanas used to be called Kim yam height is cheap for many reasons. Cheap is cheap for reasons unless otherwise proven - my motto. :D

CCR sure have competition n it is the location that matters. Remember my fake CCR theory. Not all CCR commands good price.

Say orchard dropped to $1700psf same price as SH, people snatch or not?

Bear Bear ...

No one compete also means next time fewer buyers leh.
If u buy something like Oleanas, hold 4 years, unless en bloc. based on my above, not many people will want to stay there.

Cheap doesnt mean good sometimes.

We can further discuss in private.

DKSG

birdies
16-04-12, 18:25

Totally agreed..!!

Eldenfirefly
16-04-12, 18:31
Nowadays, all the action is in OCR/RCR. CCR feeling very left out of all the action. :) And I stick to my new paradigm theory, gap is narrowing between OCR/RCR and CCR. Look at the quantum that SH is selling, yet still got so many people jump in during the first weekend. Like what you guys said, if can afford to buy SH, means can afford to buy CCR actually already, yet they still chose SH.

People really like being near MRT these days. Newton and Novena CCR falling behind! :scared-4:

babyworm
16-04-12, 18:40

DKSG

Certainly a good analysis of the changing demographics of buyers

teddybear
16-04-12, 19:31
Hey, since when Newton and Novena falling behind this SH? Newton & Newton are still commanding a better price than SH now. :tsk-tsk:

Based on your thought - People really like being near MRT these days. There are two MRTs for Novena and Newton each. How can condo near these two MRT falling behind SH?:p

But on second thought, may be Bishan good fengshui because last time is cementary? Oh but wait, isn't cementary only good for dead people and not livng people? :beats-me-man:

Nowadays, all the action is in OCR/RCR. CCR feeling very left out of all the action. :) And I stick to my new paradigm theory, gap is narrowing between OCR/RCR and CCR. Look at the quantum that SH is selling, yet still got so many people jump in during the first weekend. Like what you guys said, if can afford to buy SH, means can afford to buy CCR actually already, yet they still chose SH.

People really like being near MRT these days. Newton and Novena CCR falling behind! :scared-4:

bargain hunter
16-04-12, 20:17
how about these?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9151002/for-sale-viva

asking 17xxpsf

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8598366/for-sale-viva
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3302644/for-sale-viva

even 2 and 3 bedder also asking 17xxpsf

Hey, since when Newton and Novena falling behind this SH? Newton & Newton are still commanding a better price than SH now. :tsk-tsk:

Based on your thought - People really like being near MRT these days. There are two MRTs for Novena and Newton each. How can condo near these two MRT falling behind SH?:p

But on second thought, may be Bishan good fengshui because last time is cementary? Oh but wait, isn't cementary only good for dead people and not livng people? :beats-me-man:

dtrax
16-04-12, 20:25
- LOL SH makes these CCR properties look cheappp!! I like viva for its artas egg shape bathtubby

teddybear
16-04-12, 20:26
Oh no, think Viva not sitting on cemetary, no wonder no power?! :p

how about these?

asking 17xxpsf

bargain hunter
16-04-12, 20:33
soleil too it seems?

16xxpsf 2 bedder

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8884433/for-sale-soleil-sinaran

and 16xxpsf for 4 bedder

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/7804147/for-sale-soleil-sinaran

and 3 bedder (can see MBS from one of the rooms) :ashamed1:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9158181/for-sale-soleil-sinaran

bargain hunter
16-04-12, 20:39
i'm mistaken, can see from living room too.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/7109766/for-sale-soleil-sinaran

complete with FULLY furnished, 3.8% rental yield, lower quantum than SH also pple prefer SH? :doh:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/5511799/for-sale-soleil-sinaran

art10626
16-04-12, 21:00
Agreed.... I am the post-80s and many of my peers dun even understand CCR/OCR/RCR and get blur blur when i mention D9, D10, D11....

DKSG

richie$$$
16-04-12, 21:08
No more interest in novena newton?
Price Gap narrowing between a condo in novena and bishan or even bedok
Facts in ura undeniable.

Novena or newton how many resale units done past 2-3 mths?

teddybear
16-04-12, 22:05
I already explained why - Repeat here again lah:

1. Soleil cannot buy with 20% downpayment and 20% deferred payment for 3 years even if LTV is 60%! :doh:

2. Have to take possession immediately whereas SH can wait for 4 years and by the time SSD penalty over! Buyers are not interested in rental yields, only interested in delaying taking possession & flip! :beats-me-man:

Taking into above 2 considerations, make more sense to buy SH.... :o

Don't even need to compare far, why those buyers die die must buy SH at >$1700 psf and not their nearby condos at <$1200 psf? :beats-me-man:

They too rich? If they so rich won't be buying Bishan super lousy finishing project liao! Can buy Marc@Paterson or Orchard Residences for them to show off and lagi more FACE to show people! :p

i'm mistaken, can see from living room too.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/7109766/for-sale-soleil-sinaran

complete with FULLY furnished, 3.8% rental yield, lower quantum than SH also pple prefer SH? :doh:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/5511799/for-sale-soleil-sinaran

bargain hunter
16-04-12, 22:10
by saying this, u r inferring that the new policy actually re-introduced deferred payment. :ashamed1:

I already explained why - Repeat here again lah:

1. Soleil cannot buy with 20% downpayment and 20% deferred payment for 3 years even if LTV is 60%! :doh:

2. Have to take possession immediately whereas SH can wait for 4 years and by the time SSD penalty over! Buyers are not interested in rental yields, only interested in delaying taking possession & flip! :beats-me-man:

Taking into above 2 considerations, make more sense to buy SH.... :o

teddybear
16-04-12, 22:23
A form of deferred payment incentive for buying new launch while resale got no such deal with their 60% LTV rules... Coffeeshop talk says can understand why.... :scared-3:

by saying this, u r inferring that the new policy actually re-introduced deferred payment. :ashamed1:

hyenergix
16-04-12, 22:32
Very simple reason for Central Core Region falling behind... Singapore is in the midst of de-Centralising.

teddybear
16-04-12, 22:36
I think de-centralising seems to be the theme these days? They better watch out because soon I think the people will also grasp the concept to de-Centralise the govt (as in make sure no single party controls more than 40% of the parliament)? By then siao liao! This is their own self un-doing? :doh:

Very simple reason for Central Core Region falling behind... Singapore is in the midst of de-Centralising.

amk
16-04-12, 22:37
how about these?

asking 17xxpsf

These ads are very fishy. Most 4bds are asking 1800 quantum 3.5m above , most 2 3 bd asking 19## and 2000 psf. Viva launch price in 2009 was 16-17##, asking price now can't be that low.

hyenergix
16-04-12, 22:39
I think de-centralising seems to be the theme these days? They better watch out because soon I think the people will also grasp the concept to de-Centralise the govt (as in make sure no single party controls more than 40% of the parliament)? By then siao liao! This is their own self un-doing? :doh:

The government is de-centralising the offices to reduce rental pressure on themselves and on other companies that need to be located at city center.

hyenergix
16-04-12, 22:40
These ads are very fishy. Most 4bds are asking 1800 quantum 3.5m above , most 2 3 bd asking 19## and 2000 psf. Viva launch price in 2009 was 16-17##, asking price now can't be that low.

Indeed the savings could be used to buy a fish.

DC33_2008
16-04-12, 22:42
They are going to sell those lands of MOE, MOM, NND, Mediacorp, etc. Watch out for the old Police Academy camp near toa payoh.
The government is de-centralising the offices to reduce rental pressure on themselves and on other companies that need to be located at city center.

ekl2ekl2
16-04-12, 22:43
how about these?

asking 17xxpsf

No doubt OCR prices and CCR prices have narrowed.
However, may be a little misleading to compare the lower end of price range in Viva with higher range in SH.

There are possible reasons why these units in Viva are asking for 17XXpfs.
The 2 + 1 bedder 1044 in Viva is facing PI and blocked by PI. The refuse center looks like is next to this stack.
The low floor units in the 4 bedder may be blocked by the club house.
The 3 bedder 1345 low floor units facing the road, also face the CTE directly and the other 1345 stack which is tucked inside is completely blocked by the 4 bedder stacks, with aircon ledges of neighbours just next to the balcony.
Walk around the condo, you will see these are fairly obvious.

However, agree that prices in SH have reached CCR range.

teddybear
16-04-12, 22:43
SOLEIL @ SINARAN SINARAN DRIVE Condominium 1 2,820,000 1,475 Strata 1,912 Apr-12
SOLEIL @ SINARAN SINARAN DRIVE Condominium 1 1,980,000 1,098 Strata 1,803 Mar-12
SOLEIL @ SINARAN SINARAN DRIVE Condominium 1 1,899,540 1,098 Strata 1,730 Feb-12
SOLEIL @ SINARAN SINARAN DRIVE Condominium 1 2,750,000 1,722 Strata 1,597 Jan-12
SOLEIL @ SINARAN SINARAN DRIVE Condominium 1 2,728,750 1,475 Strata 1,850 Dec-11
SOLEIL @ SINARAN SINARAN DRIVE Condominium 1 2,800,000 1,475 Strata 1,899 Dec-11

VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 1,800,000 958 Strata 1,879 Apr-12
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,380,000 1,346 Strata 1,769 Mar-12
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,250,000 1,324 Strata 1,699 Mar-12
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,939,475 1,528 Strata 1,923 Feb-12
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,912,640 1,518 Strata 1,919 Dec-11
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,150,000 1,346 Strata 1,598 Dec-11
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 1,800,000 958 Strata 1,879 Dec-11
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 1,670,000 958 Strata 1,743 Nov-11
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 1,827,000 1,044 Strata 1,750 Nov-11
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,461,350 1,346 Strata 1,829 Nov-11
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,555,500 1,346 Strata 1,899 Oct-11
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 3,068,224 1,528 Strata 2,007 Oct-11
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 3,880,000 1,959 Strata 1,981 Oct-11

teddybear
16-04-12, 22:45
policies seem skewed to prefer new launch & developers as well.... :scared-1:

DaytonaSS
16-04-12, 22:45

It's not u, prob is this development is not in bishan.

amk
16-04-12, 22:47

If that makes u feel good, u can continue to believe so.

The hard truth is, most of sky habitat units sold are < 2m, no where near a decent unit px in CCR. Its 4bd psf is only 15##, best facing some more, in my opinion best buy, but very very few takers. Why ? 2.7m.

The real reason for ccr is the ABSD and LTV rules.

Before u start comparing, remember, Bishan is the most prime of suburban areas, that has the highest HDB prices, it's like the Marq equivalent of mass market project. and yet this 2m is the highest a suburban 3bd unit can go. That says a lot about the real picture: nothing has really changed.

hyenergix
16-04-12, 22:48
I heard many youngsters these days learn very fast! They say: "de-centralising" is the most efficient and best way to avoid concentration of power. They say better a "de-centralized" govt then to let them set their own pay any o-how?! :doh:
Also, coffeeshop talks many say need to audit housing as policies seem skewed to prefer new launch & developers as well.... :scared-1:

Reason is government is growing too big and difficult to manage. There is always a small % loss that has to be written off. I believe this applies to your personal expenditure as well in the sense you cannot account for every single cent you spend. Hence overall the government still managing quite well.

hyenergix
16-04-12, 22:53

The hard truth is, most of sky habitat units sold are < 2m, no where near a decent unit px in CCR. Its 4bd psf is only 15##, best facing some more, in my opinion best buy, but very very few takers. Why ? 2.7m.

Before u start comparing, remember, Bishan is the most prime of suburban areas, that has the highest HDB prices, it's like the Marq equivalent of mass market project. and yet this 2m is the highest a suburban 3bd unit can go. That says a lot about the real picture: nothing has really changed.

You missed the point. The positive growth is in OCR and RCR. Rem Jurong East land beside the MRT was already triggered by a developer. The launch psf will be comparable to Bishan's SH and probably exceed it.

DaytonaSS
16-04-12, 22:57

DKSG

+1 like, solid observation.

I contribute 1 point also. with both parents prob working to continue running this rat race to pay for a car n condo, pple have no choice but to rely on their parents to help take care of their kids. Now let's say this young couple guy side is rich n stays in bishan landed, the son/daughter would want to buy a NEW house near their parent so they can drop off and pick up or go to their parent's place for dinner. So it got nothing to do with RV 1300psf or bishan $1500, cos it's inconvenient to do so. So we see alot of new OCR record prices selling well. One thing I know abt old pple, is their reluctant to changes in where they say.

amk
16-04-12, 23:01
The launch psf will be comparable to Bishan's SH and probably exceed it.

I highly doubt it, if it's launched anywhere near term. In the next cycle maybe.

hyenergix
16-04-12, 23:01
I highly doubt it, if it's launched anywhere near term. In the next cycle maybe.

I hope you are right because I'm aiming for this.

westman
16-04-12, 23:18

I am aiming too. I hope the price is lower than bishan too...

amk
16-04-12, 23:18

That means you fully buy into the jurong story :)

If the gov jurong story is for real, I agree it's highly possible jurong can evolve to Bishan position today. But keep in mind this, Bishan location is specific. It has a few schools anchored. It has lots of landed pties for a long time. And so happen it's very near town. Etc. Jurong dun have these natural attributes.

But of all suburban towns, for me, yes jurong has the most potential for growth. Low base and with a big story coming.

bargain hunter
16-04-12, 23:40
u see teddy's post on caveats at VIVA below,

there are indeed recent transactions done at 17xx (including 2 for 2 bedders in nov-11 before cooling measures), 16xx even 15xx.

launch price 16xx to 17xx doesn't mean asking price can't be that low. we already saw that there are indeed pple selling at a loss (although still small in numbers) in CCR. somemore say i haven't bargain hunt for u. hurry up call and buy the units now lah. :D

VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 1,800,000 958 Strata 1,879 Apr-12
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,380,000 1,346 Strata 1,769 Mar-12
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,250,000 1,324 Strata 1,699 Mar-12
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,939,475 1,528 Strata 1,923 Feb-12
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,912,640 1,518 Strata 1,919 Dec-11
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,150,000 1,346 Strata 1,598 Dec-11
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 1,800,000 958 Strata 1,879 Dec-11
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 1,670,000 958 Strata 1,743 Nov-11
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 1,827,000 1,044 Strata 1,750 Nov-11
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,461,350 1,346 Strata 1,829 Nov-11
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,555,500 1,346 Strata 1,899 Oct-11
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 3,068,224 1,528 Strata 2,007 Oct-11
VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 3,880,000 1,959 Strata 1,981 Oct-11

DaytonaSS
16-04-12, 23:49
I am aiming too. I hope the price is lower than bishan too...

if capitaland get its, it wont be much cheaper. Get ready for CL record bidding in jurong!

hyenergix
16-04-12, 23:50
That means you fully buy into the jurong story :)

If the gov jurong story is for real, I agree it's highly possible jurong can evolve to Bishan position today. But keep in mind this, Bishan location is specific. It has a few schools anchored. It has lots of landed pties for a long time. And so happen it's very near town. Etc. Jurong dun have these natural attributes.

But of all suburban towns, for me, yes jurong has the most potential for growth. Low base and with a big story coming.

I dun have to buy e story, bcoz it is unfolding in front of me.Look at e map or drive around there. It feels different, n e MNCs r there. The hospital is not built for nothing, given NUH is nearby. Govt is planning it as a hub for e entire west.

bargain hunter
16-04-12, 23:57
$2m 3 bedder in CCR?

can get carribean (it is considered CCR? :ashamed1: ) but good enough lah

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8649534/for-sale-caribbean-at-keppel-bay

sommerville park? old but good lah

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9380261/for-sale-sommerville-park-nice-tenanted-3br

quayside small project but by the river nice what:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9333612/for-sale-the-quayside

teddybear
17-04-12, 00:08
So what if it is the hub for entire West? You mean they can sell like Bishan SH at >$1700 psf? :beats-me-man:
I doubt so if it is already hub for entire West, as we know, the wild wild west is cheap skate..... :p

I dun have to buy e story, bcoz it is unfolding in front of me.Look at e map or drive around there. It feels different, n e MNCs r there. The hospital is not built for nothing, given NUH is nearby. Govt is planning it as a hub for e entire west.

BV
17-04-12, 00:40
No more interest in novena newton?
Price Gap narrowing between a condo in novena and bishan or even bedok
Facts in ura undeniable.

Novena or newton how many resale units done past 2-3 mths?

Just wanted to say that as someone who stayed in both Bishan and Novena areas for the better part of 25 years (longer in Bishan than Novena), I personally feel that there is no contest in my view. For me, Novena wins hands down.

Bishan is well located, with its MRT, lower density HDB, Junction 8 mall and proximity to town. But Novena is way superior in my opinion,with 3 equally good but less crowded malls (ok, Square 2 sucks, but the other 2 are fine), closer proximity to town/CBD via MRT or driving, and almost a total lack of HDBs around (lower density and less crowded).

Even in terms of traffic, the internal roads in Bishan are mainly 2 lane roads which get jammed up badly during peak hours, much worse than the roads in the Novena/Moulmein/Thomson area.

Don't get me wrong, I very much like Bishan with many fond memories, and prefer it over AMK, TPY, Clementi, etc. But in my opinion, Novena is superior. And we haven't even taken into account the tenure of land yet. In Novena it's likely to be FH, while in Bishan, chances are that it'll be 99LH.

I think it is more a question of new sale versus resale here, with most buyers still in the market today preferring to buy direct from the developers due to the various reasons already stated by others. Can't say that I agree with these buyers' thinking though...

Juniper
17-04-12, 01:31
So what if it is the hub for entire West? You mean they can sell like Bishan SH at >$1700 psf? :beats-me-man:
I doubt so if it is already hub for entire West, as we know, the wild wild west is cheap skate..... :p

Teddy, can you post a photo of your wife's 10 years old hermes bag? very sua gu, what to see how is the condition leh. plz plz

hyenergix
17-04-12, 06:06

Growth should escalate once the government agencies and more MNCs move in. We will mark this page and revisit our views next year when the condo is launched and probably every year for the next 5 years ;)

teddybear
17-04-12, 08:06
:doh: Jurong want to be like Bishan, you have to:
1) shift the Jurong east closer to city centre
2) shift all the heavy industries out of Jurong (e.g.oil & gas manufacturing..chemical plants ..) so that can eliminate all those funny smells and invisible particles that are harmful to your health.
3) Make Jurong cemeteries first before building housing on the land :p

Growth should escalate once the government agencies and more MNCs move in. We will mark this page and revisit our views next year when the condo is launched and probably every year for the next 5 years ;)

DC33_2008
17-04-12, 09:00
Can Bidadari Cemetry made it to the list of expensive PCs 5 -10years later.
:doh: Jurong want to be like Bishan, you have to:
1) shift the Jurong east closer to city centre
2) shift all the heavy industries out of Jurong (e.g.oil & gas manufacturing..chemical plants ..) so that can eliminate all those funny smells and invisible particles that are harmful to your health.
3) Make Jurong cemeteries first before building housing on the land :p

Jonathan0503
17-04-12, 09:04
No doubt OCR prices and CCR prices have narrowed.
However, may be a little misleading to compare the lower end of price range in Viva with higher range in SH.

There are possible reasons why these units in Viva are asking for 17XXpfs.
The 2 + 1 bedder 1044 in Viva is facing PI and blocked by PI. The refuse center looks like is next to this stack.
The low floor units in the 4 bedder may be blocked by the club house.
The 3 bedder 1345 low floor units facing the road, also face the CTE directly and the other 1345 stack which is tucked inside is completely blocked by the 4 bedder stacks, with aircon ledges of neighbours just next to the balcony.
Walk around the condo, you will see these are fairly obvious.

However, agree that prices in SH have reached CCR range.

Yes, should compare the most atas in CCR vs RCR/OCR.

The Marq vs SH. Has the gap close?

eng81157
17-04-12, 09:30
Yes, should compare the most atas in CCR vs RCR/OCR.

The Marq vs SH. Has the gap close?

the difference in quantum is like heaven and earth, with probably another zero for the former

minority
17-04-12, 09:46
Just wanted to say that as someone who stayed in both Bishan and Novena areas for the better part of 25 years (longer in Bishan than Novena), I personally feel that there is no contest in my view. For me, Novena wins hands down.

Bishan is well located, with its MRT, lower density HDB, Junction 8 mall and proximity to town. But Novena is way superior in my opinion,with 3 equally good but less crowded malls (ok, Square 2 sucks, but the other 2 are fine), closer proximity to town/CBD via MRT or driving, and almost a total lack of HDBs around (lower density and less crowded).

Even in terms of traffic, the internal roads in Bishan are mainly 2 lane roads which get jammed up badly during peak hours, much worse than the roads in the Novena/Moulmein/Thomson area.

Don't get me wrong, I very much like Bishan with many fond memories, and prefer it over AMK, TPY, Clementi, etc. But in my opinion, Novena is superior. And we haven't even taken into account the tenure of land yet. In Novena it's likely to be FH, while in Bishan, chances are that it'll be 99LH.

I think it is more a question of new sale versus resale here, with most buyers still in the market today preferring to buy direct from the developers due to the various reasons already stated by others. Can't say that I agree with these buyers' thinking though...

Well comparing bishan n novena is like comparing jurong n orchard road . Diff enclave.

Anyway I personally don't like novena these days. Coz it's just way too crowded with buildings. N the jams are bad. I would rather pick D15 Meyer or tanjong rhu. Peaceful yet near city and not crowded .

FilthyRich
17-04-12, 10:14
Wow, Didnt expect such a huge response to my post in Just one day.
Hmm i see many people are discussing about the novena and bishan housing.

Personally i feel that there is a certain level of prestige and exclusiveness when u compare the novena Condos to the Bishan condos.
Though accessibility of both area are on par, but nonetheless, when given a chance, nothing much to consider i would still go for the novena houses,
Better investment capability, and prestige.

Juniper
17-04-12, 10:21
I doubt so if it is already hub for entire West, as we know, the wild wild west is cheap skate....

you better pray to your wife's 30 years old HERMES bag that Capitaland does win this.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2012/pr12-38.html

Juniper
17-04-12, 10:24
Teddy, can you post a photo of your wife's 10 years old hermes bag? very sua gu, what to see how is the condition leh. plz plz

Opss sorry, it should be 30+ years old good conditions HERMES bag.

teddybear
17-04-12, 10:31
Alamat! my ID will be revealed if I posted it on line:D
It is a few rare bag in the cycle who know Hermes bag..:p

Opss sorry, it should be 30+ years old good conditions HERMES bag.

Juniper
17-04-12, 10:41

come on. dont talk talk NP leh. Wait others accuse you toa pao sien

teddybear
17-04-12, 10:44
Let them be lo..
Those who are into collecting Hermes bag will know.

come on. dont talk talk NP leh. Wait others accuse you toa pao sien

DKSG
17-04-12, 11:04
There is no end comparing this and that la!

So back to the topic of Sky.

Any updates on the sale figures ?

From what I saw in the showflat, I thought they sold more than 180 units already! Unless they block out some of the units (looks like sold).

DKSG

Juniper
17-04-12, 11:06
Let them be lo..
Those who are into collecting Hermes bag will know.

how many Hermes does your wife have in her collection? What is the most expensive one of all?

amk
17-04-12, 11:34
how many Hermes does your wife have in her collection? What is the most expensive one of all?

aiyo why do u want to know ?

Juniper
17-04-12, 11:47
aiyo why do u want to know ?

kaypoh mah. I know people do collect watches, cars etc, but didnt know people actually collect Hermes bag. when the bag is used, still got value meh?

amk
17-04-12, 11:52
kaypoh mah. I know people do collect watches, cars etc, but didnt know people actually collect Hermes bag. when the bag is used, still got value meh?
go search Jamie Cuaca and see her walls of hermes bags. Kelly/Birkin have HUGE followings around the world, ppl pay good money for used bags all the time.

hopeful
17-04-12, 11:55

when dont you try posting on ebay a Hermes bag that is 30 years old and see the response.

Juniper
17-04-12, 12:00
go search Jamie Cuaca and see her walls of hermes bags. Kelly/Birkin have HUGE followings around the world, ppl pay good money for used bags all the time.

wah lao I must be damn suaku loh. you also another expert in Hermes bag?
Does you or your wife collect them as well?

Juniper
17-04-12, 12:01
when dont you try posting on ebay a Hermes bag that is 30 years old and see the response.

Never seen a 30years old bag before leh. Have you?

hopeful
17-04-12, 12:10
Never seen a 30years old bag before leh. Have you?
can try googling for vintage hermes
http://www.malleries.com/vintage-hermes-1960039s-black-leather-handbag-i-55953-s-2618.html
stock remaining 1.

Ilikeu
17-04-12, 12:38

Was it bought first hand? like 30 years ago?

Juniper
17-04-12, 12:40
didnt know so many people in this forum are into Hermes. AMK? Hopeful? Teddy? who else?

Juniper
17-04-12, 12:42
http://www.malleries.com/vintage-hermes-1960039s-black-leather-handbag-i-55953-s-2618.html
stock remaining 1.

I am aware of all the vintage etc. I am just curious to know Teddy's collection lah..

Ilikeu
17-04-12, 12:42
didnt know so many people in this forum are into Hermes. AMK? Hopeful? Teddy? who else?

Are they or their wives? lolx.

DKSG
17-04-12, 12:47
Dear Hermes Bags Owners,

Dont flood us with your Hermes Bags la.
We want more info on Sky.

Unless Sky now ties up with Hermes to produce Sky Habitat Hermes Homes.

DKSG

Juniper
17-04-12, 12:50
Are they or their wives? lolx.

to be able to afford a Hermes bag 30 years ago, Teddy must be damn rich loh. Bet he must be one of those CCRGCBUHNWI

radha08
17-04-12, 12:59

ok we know u are NOT malay...cos its spelt ALAMAK...not ALAMAT....:D

teddybear
17-04-12, 14:03
This is >50 years le :scared-1:

stock remaining 1.

teddybear
17-04-12, 14:09
My bad! I learned Malay when I was young. too many decades never use and all returned to teacher. yes, shd be alamak! Alamat is address instead! Apa khabar? you Malay?

ok we know u are NOT malay...cos its spelt ALAMAK...not ALAMAT....:D

Ilikeu
17-04-12, 14:25
to be able to afford a Hermes bag 30 years ago, Teddy must be damn rich loh. Bet he must be one of those CCRGCBUHNWI

To be able to afford a Hermes bag, he/she must be rich regardless of how many years ago buy one. Your CCRGCBUHNWI very deep, no idea what it is...

maisonjai
17-04-12, 14:38
To be able to afford a Hermes bag, he/she must be rich regardless of how many years ago buy one. Your CCRGCBUHNWI very deep, no idea what it is...
CCR GCB UHNWI ;)

Rosegarden
17-04-12, 15:30
CCR GCB UHNWI ;)

Wah, change one letter can use as expletive, as in ... you CCR CCB UHNWI!

:scared-2:

Montaigne
17-04-12, 19:29
Talking about hermes, those into birkin and Kelly nobody gives a shit. The sales girl will only attend to those who go beyond birkin and Kelly. The hot ladies item nowadays will be the Lindy. So brag your birkin to the right ppl. For the really rich they should be tired of the two basic.

gfoo
17-04-12, 19:40
watchguru BC has great vintage birkin pix - wink

teddybear
17-04-12, 19:48
:eek::tsk-tsk: hahaha.. This is the biggest joke that I have ever heard!!!

Lindy is for those can't make it for Birkin/Kelly.

Do you know how much are Birkin/Kelly? If come with exotic leather and diamond, the price can be :scared-1:.

You still can find Lindy on the shell in Hermes shop BUT you can't find any Birkin/Kelly sign?

In Singapore, if you are not their exclusive customer, you don't have a chance to buy, but you still can find Lindy on the shell to buy!

This explains the popularity of Birkin/Kelly.

People has been in the waiting list for many years but still to no avails.

Don't disgrace yourself by saying something that you are not familiar!:tongue3:

Talking about hermes, those into birkin and Kelly nobody gives a shit. The sales girl will only attend to those who go beyond birkin and Kelly. The hot ladies item nowadays will be the Lindy. So brag your birkin to the right ppl. For the really rich they should be tired of the two basic.

louisebrown
17-04-12, 19:53

Do you know how much are Birkin/Kelly? If come with exotic leather and diamond, the price can be :scared-1:.

You still can find Lindy on the shell in Hermes shop BUT you can't find any Birkin/Kelly sign?

In Singapore, if you are not their exclusive customer, you don't have a chance to buy, but you still can find Lindy on the shell to buy!

Indeed, u can crawl into your shell and not leave it.

Montaigne
17-04-12, 20:10

One statement I beg to differ. Lindy is for those who already owned birkin and Kelly. Those who not yet lay their hands on birkin and Kelly will not spend more than 10k on Lindy. They would rather wait till neck long long. That is why I said the SA will not bother to serve you if u come to the shop to ask for birkin and Kelly. we can see so many birkin on the streets nowadays. Even young girls can own one. No need to be rich. Even my sister aged 21 owns a birkin, and we are not rich. In case you thought I am bragging, I can even take a photo of her birkin to show u. Bought brands new in 2010, N stamp.

teddybear
17-04-12, 20:15
Then, what is the point of buying for keeping them in shell. Must carry them everywhere....:p

Indeed, u can crawl into your shell and not leave it.

teddybear
17-04-12, 20:28
Where did your sister buy them? in China? how much did she pay for her birkin and what is the leather?

Can you take clear and closed-up picture for the following parts:
- Front view of bag
- Back view of bag
- Zipper & its end
- Hardware
- View of bottom of Bag
- Craftsman stamp
- Hermes stamp with Top stitching
- Clear picture of the interior lining
- Base of the handles
- Side view of the strap guides
- Lock and key set, including numbers on keys and at the base of the lock

You sounded like Birkin/Kelly are even cheaper than Lindy! You don't even know the market!

SA will only reserve Birkin/Kelly bags for exclusive customers and call their exclusive customer to go down first. Only all these exclusive customers are not interested, then they will release and put them on shell but I doubt this has happened.

Excuse me, you don't even need to go shopping in Hermes shop to look for new stuffs. When new goods come, they called you to go down and take a look......:tsk-tsk:

Do yourself a favor, go and search Hermes Lindy and then search Hermes Birkin in ebay, you will have a feel of the price tag.....

One statement I beg to differ. Lindy is for those who already owned birkin and Kelly. Those who not yet lay their hands on birkin and Kelly will not spend more than 10k on Lindy. They would rather wait till neck long long. That is why I said the SA will not bother to serve you if u come to the shop to ask for birkin and Kelly. we can see so many birkin on the streets nowadays. Even young girls can own one. No need to be rich. Even my sister aged 21 owns a birkin, and we are not rich. In case you thought I am bragging, I can even take a photo of her birkin to show u. Bought brands new in 2010, N stamp.

hyenergix
17-04-12, 20:50
Where did your sister buy them? in China? how much did she pay for her birkin and what is the leather?

- Front view of bag
- Back view of bag
- Zipper & its end
- Hardware
- View of bottom of Bag
- Craftsman stamp
- Base of the handles

You sounded like Birkin/Kelly are even cheaper than Lindy! You don't even know the market!

SA will only reserve Birkin/Kelly bags for exclusive customers and call their exclusive customer to go down first. Only all these exclusive customers are not interested, then they will release and put them on shell but I doubt this has happened.

Excuse me, you don't even need to go shopping in Hermes shop to look for new stuffs. When new goods come, they called you to go down and take a look......:tsk-tsk:

Do yourself a favor, go and search Hermes Lindy and then search Hermes Birkin in ebay, you will have a feel of the price tag.....

I din know so many *guys* are well-versed in ladies bags, or are they actually ladies?

Montaigne
17-04-12, 20:52
Where did your sister buy them? in China? how much did she pay for her Kelly and what is the leather?

- Front view of bag
- Back view of bag
- Zipper & its end
- Hardware
- View of bottom of Bag
- Craftsman stamp
- Base of the handles

Birkin and Kelly are def more ex than Lindy, but Lindy are not cheap either at more than 10k. If one does not own a Kelly or Birkin and save so hard for one, why would they throw the 10k on a Lindy just becos they can't get a B or K?? Alright, she paid $13300, bought in Marina Bay sands on 2010. I shall attached original receipt instead, with signature, id etc ommited. My point is after seeing so many youngters carrying a birkin nowadays, Birkin is no longer for the rich. UNless you are talking about the exotic leather.

Poloclub
17-04-12, 21:31

Something is not right leh. Teddy claim that his wife own a collection of Hermes and even have one since 30 years ago. But at the same time, he was complaining about all the little household expenses in this thread #90

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=13290&page=9

Rosegarden
17-04-12, 21:45
Birkin and Kelly are def more ex than Lindy, but Lindy are not cheap either at more than 10k. If one does not own a Kelly or Birkin and save so hard for one, why would they throw the 10k on a Lindy just becos they can't get a B or K?? Alright, she paid $13300, bought in Marina Bay sands on 2010. I shall attached original receipt instead, with signature, id etc ommited. My point is after seeing so many youngters carrying a birkin nowadays, Birkin is no longer for the rich. UNless you are talking about the exotic leather.

Wow....13300 for a handbag.....

What does SAC A MAIN HERMES means?

teddybear
17-04-12, 21:47
You can find many similar invoices from the internet!
Please post a picture of the parts of your sister's birkin as what I had mentioned in my previous note (since you had volunteered to take pictures in the very first place). The more you say, the more weird it sounds to those who are very familiar with Hermes bag and Hermes shops!!!
Your previous post suggested that it is very big deal to own Lindy but not big deal to own Birkin/Kelly. Obviously, you ahve not done the homework to know Lindy and Birkin/Kelly. If people can afford Birkin easily, what so big deal of buying Lindy to them? your previous posts suggested that Lindy is so much prestige and higher class than Birkin/Kelly. Now, you twisted and said what so big deal since even your younger sister with just 21 yo can afford.

Worst of all, your sister bought itin Marina Bay sands on 2010 !!!:doh:

Poloclub
17-04-12, 21:51
Please post a picture of the parts of your sister's birkin as what I had mentioned in my previous note (since you had volunteered to take pictures in the very first place). The more you say, the more weird it sounds to those who are very familiar with Hermes bag and Hermes shops!!!
Your previous post suggested that it is very big deal to own Lindy but not big deal to own Birkin/Kelly. Obviously, you ahve not done the homework to know Lindy and Birkin/Kelly. If people can afford Birkin easily, what so big deal of buying Lindy to them? your previous posts suggested that Lindy is so much prestige and higher class than Birkin/Kelly. Now, you twisted and said what so big deal since even your younger sister with just 21 yo can afford.

To be fair, you should also post a photo of your 30 years old HERMES or the collection of your wife's Hermes

Rosegarden
17-04-12, 21:57
For general interest and comments by our inhouse experts:

http://www.shefinds.com/2010/news-hermes-australia-admits-a-birkin-waiting-list-never-existed/

teddybear
17-04-12, 21:58
I talked about the expenses of that fellow who earns $16K. Not talking about my expenses.. I knew of real case with household income of 16K and their expenses and was doing the comparison between them. Why the one I knew in real life can afford 3.2M condos but this fellow can't afford. The different is that the one I knew is very thrifty and control his expenses very well..hence the difference.

See my previous post below. If you are poor, how you expect me to tell you to live lavishly? :doh:

Something is not right leh. Teddy claim that his wife own a collection of Hermes and even have one since 30 years ago. But at the same time, he was complaining about all the little household expenses in this thread #90

I think clarification is needed here.

1. Firstly, influence or not is subjective, but I am telling from my heart that now there is value only in CCR property and not in OCR property, and I provided my reasons to believe so, so believe it or not is up to you, I don't put a gun to your head. :p

2. If you are poor, how to tell you to live lavishly? That will become a lie and damn lie right? So I teach to live frugally first and save money to invest to become rich before you live lavishly. Is that wrong? :beats-me-man:

3. Based on above 2, what selfishness are there? In fact, I have been so kind hearted to teach you people how to become rich, but instead as the saying goes, "kind-hearted do not get good recompense". Some people just deserve to be thrown to feed the tigers. The world will be more peaceful after that..... :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricia
Teddy is trying to be funny. He try to influence people to go into property to support his languishing CCR property even if it hardly helpful. Extremely selfish person. He live lavishly and but encourage people to live like a begger by investing most of you income on property. Extreme selfishness without limit.:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

teddybear
17-04-12, 22:00
I didn't offer to take picture but he did!

To be fair, you should also post a photo of your 30 years old HERMES or the collection of your wife's Hermes

Montaigne
17-04-12, 22:02

I
Think most will be convince with my statement more than yours. So easy to get invoice from hermes from internet? Please find one for me. I rather take the receipt in different angle to prove the receipt is real. As for the bag, I can post, not now, tired to take so many shots and upload now. will take pics of Bag and post tmr. Read carefully. what I :cool: mean is not that owning a Lindy is more prestigous than birkin. I mean it is very popular among the rich Tai tai nowadays. Your old days where ppl brag abt birkin is over, simply becos it is a disgusted sight to see young girls being able to afford birkin every where along orchard road.

Poloclub
17-04-12, 22:09
I talked about the expenses of that fellow who earns $16K. Not talking about my expenses.. I knew of real case with household income of 16K and their expenses and was doing the comparison between them. Why the one I knew in real life can afford 3.2M condos but this fellow can't afford. The different is that the one I knew is very thrifty and control his expenses very well..hence the difference.

See my previous post below. If you are poor, how you expect me to tell you to live lavishly? :doh:

I dont want to get into the details as it will be never ending.

Whether 16K is enough or not, that is not the point. Somehow I just find it funny that how can a man who can afford a Hermes bag as far back as 30 years ago will find $400 phone bills for an entire family excessive.

It just doesnt make sense to me.

Montaigne
17-04-12, 22:14
I think u leave me your email add I send u the pics better. Think everyone believe my receipt is real except u. Dun want to hijack the thread for nothing, just felt insulted that I m being accused of getting images from the net to prove my case. I m not afraid cos my case is real, but what abt u? You dare not even post a pic after bragging for so long.

Poloclub
17-04-12, 22:14
I didn't offer to take picture but he did!

How old are you btw? What was the price of Hermes bag like 30 years ago?

sh
17-04-12, 22:18
Why are we discussing designer handbags:confused:

There are secretaries that save for months to buy an overpriced designer bag.

There are also multi-millionaires that wouldn't pay more than 1k for a bag.

The bag you carry doesn't mean anything!

hyenergix
17-04-12, 22:20

Strange to see *guys* fighting over ladies bags.

Montaigne
17-04-12, 22:21

Lol.. That is why I said, owning a birkin does not makes u rich, young gals also can afford, no need to brag. Even my sis can afford, no big deal.

teddybear
17-04-12, 22:35
From this statement, I can judge that you like to jump into conclusion and without checking the details....:doh:

I dont want to get into the details as it will be never ending.

Whether 16K is enough or not, that is not the point. Somehow I just find it funny that how can a man who can afford a Hermes bag as far back as 30 years ago will find $400 phone bills for an entire family excessive.

It just doesnt make sense to me.

teddybear
17-04-12, 22:36
:doh::doh::doh:

I
Think most will be convince with my statement more than yours. So easy to get invoice from hermes from internet? Please find one for me. I rather take the receipt in different angle to prove the receipt is real. As for the bag, I can post, not now, tired to take so many shots and upload now. will take pics of Bag and post tmr. Read carefully. what I :cool: mean is not that owning a Lindy is more prestigous than birkin. I mean it is very popular among the rich Tai tai nowadays. Your old days where ppl brag abt birkin is over, simply becos it is a disgusted sight to see young girls being able to afford birkin every where along orchard road.

teddybear
17-04-12, 22:39
You checked the fact first! :tongue3:

Lol.. That is why I said, owning a birkin does not makes u rich, young gals also can afford, no need to brag. Even my sis can afford, no big deal.

Poloclub
17-04-12, 22:44
From this statement, I can judge that you like to jump into conclusion and without checking the details....:doh:

I think I am not the only one here who is doubting your credibility.

Poloclub
17-04-12, 22:51
I think u leave me your email add I send u the pics better. Think everyone believe my receipt is real except u. Dun want to hijack the thread for nothing, just felt insulted that I m being accused of getting images from the net to prove my case. I m not afraid cos my case is real, but what abt u? You dare not even post a pic after bragging for so long.

he should at least post a photo of the 30 years old Hermes to prove his innocent. But I doubt he could.

teddybear
17-04-12, 23:03
I'm doubting about your creditability too with just joined here for abt 1 month. Wait till you built up your creditability here first! :doh: :doh: :doh:

I think I am not the only one here who is doubting your credibility.

Douk
17-04-12, 23:14

Young girl to own a 13k bag is not any usual girl wor.. :scared-4:

Poloclub
17-04-12, 23:15
I'm doubting about your creditability too with just joined here for abt 1 month. Wait till you built up your creditability here first! :doh: :doh: :doh:

I will pass on that. i dont live in a virtual world.

babyworm
17-04-12, 23:28
I remember seeing a few Hermes bags in the show suites for Bedok Residences, coincidentally another Capland project.

I know sh*t abt Hermes bags so can't tell which models those are.

fclim
17-04-12, 23:43
How old are you btw? What was the price of Hermes bag like 30 years ago?

Curious to know which retail outlet sold Hermes bags 30 years ago.. I was too young then. Or maybe can be bought from Paris only?

Poloclub
17-04-12, 23:46
Curious to know which retail outlet sold Hermes bags 30 years ago.. I was too young then. Or maybe can be bought from Paris only?

no idea man. 30 years ago, I am still playing marble at void deck. Our friend here already into Hermes.

movement_art
18-04-12, 00:22
how come talk is about branded bag:doh:

felicia_sg
18-04-12, 07:43
Wow 21 years old own Birkin! Nowadays really lots of spoilt brat don't know how to earn money but know how to spent money to keep with the Joneses. If this is not vain then what is it? :p
Looks like you are very approving of such behaviour? :doh:

ysyap
18-04-12, 08:00
I logged into this thread to find out about SH and found a comparison between Novena and Bishan living followed by a heated discussion on ladies' bags! :o

DKSG
18-04-12, 09:07
Yea !

I am impressed with these bag worshippers.

Why not start another thread abt bags ?

Anyone got further updates on SH sales ?

I suspect it had already hit the 200 units mark.

When I was at the Showflat on Sunday, agents cleared did not mention anything abt any unlaunched units, all units I asked for are open for sale.

DKSG

hopeful
18-04-12, 09:12
why people think that all the branded hermes they see are genuine?

have you noticed a funny thing?
a grade A fake hermes is also much more expensive than a grade A fake LV.

amazon777
18-04-12, 09:13
What's the latest sales figure in SH ?

Rosegarden
18-04-12, 10:17
What's the latest sales figure in SH ?

Maybe not much movement on weekdays. Certain developments only cheong sales on weekends, when the prospective buyers are free.

Poloclub
18-04-12, 10:24
I think D'Leedon will get a boost from this project.

teddybear
18-04-12, 10:49
Wow! Like that you also observed? You very sharp indeed! :D

China and Thailand just have too many faked LVs! :doh:
Seen too many bags and LVs, Prada etc just can't compare to Hermes Birkin! Hermes Birkin is the 1 and only choice..... :p

why people think that all the branded hermes they see are genuine?

have you noticed a funny thing?
a grade A fake hermes is also much more expensive than a grade A fake LV.

Poloclub
18-04-12, 11:03
Wow! Like that you also observed? You very sharp indeed! :D

China and Thailand just have too many faked LVs! :doh:
Seen too many bags and LVs, Prada etc just can't compare to Hermes Birkin! Hermes Birkin is the 1 and only choice..... :p

Show us your 30 years old good condition Hermes leh.

Montaigne
18-04-12, 11:50
Wow 21 years old own Birkin! Nowadays really lots of spoilt brat don't know how to earn money but know how to spent money to keep with the Joneses. If this is not vain then what is it? :p
Looks like you are very approving of such behaviour? :doh:
Come on, as if she will listen to me. nowadays you dun see younger siblings listen and follow the elder siblings instructions.

buttercarp
18-04-12, 12:28
Show us your 30 years old good condition Hermes leh.

Yes, yes.... i want to see too.
I have never seen a live hermes bag before.
I only see it in pictures.

louisebrown
18-04-12, 20:12

Teddy, the shell-locked bear cares for minute costs.

teddybear
18-04-12, 20:35
Ha ha ha! I learnt from the honorable. You all are told that you should take public transport right? You all are asked how much those on subsidy needs? They want a meal in restaurant, air-con food court or hawker centre? Why they need so much for a living when they earn so little? What is new? You mean these people earning only $5k pm that is why they are telling you all these? :p

louisebrown
18-04-12, 22:08
Ha ha ha! I learnt from the honorable. You all are told that you should take public transport right? You all are asked how much those on subsidy needs? They want a meal in restaurant, air-con food court or hawker centre? Why they need so much for a living when they earn so little? What is new? You mean these people earning only $5k pm that is why they are telling you all these? :p

So you were called or beckoned to leave your shell?

Straighten the lump between your ears before you write, even better enrole yourself for a adult education in the english language and the techniques of logic and reasoning.

hopeful
18-04-12, 22:31
actually, a lot of self-made men care about minute costs.
it is only younger generation, if pampered by their rich parents that dont care about minute costs.

if you have any rich relatives, have you noticed that it is the older generation who will switch off the light when nobody in the room and who will scold the maid about not wasting water. the young master cant be bothered abt such things.

hyenergix
18-04-12, 22:38
Penny wise pound foolish...

teddybear
18-04-12, 22:41
Don't understand what you say. You understand KKNBCCB to you? If you don't, you better get yourself educated..... :p

So you were called or beckoned to leave your shell?

Straighten the lump between your ears before you write, even better enrole yourself for a adult education in the english language and the techniques of logic and reasoning.

hopeful
18-04-12, 22:46
Penny wise pound foolish...

why u say like dat?
it is because they not only expand sales, they also control cost. that's why they become rich.

Poloclub
18-04-12, 23:56
Don't understand what you say. You understand KKNBCCB to you? If you don't, you better get yourself educated..... :p

Is this what you call building credibility? I bet you cant even convince yourself that you are a credible person......

hyenergix
19-04-12, 06:39
why u say like dat?
it is because they not only expand sales, they also control cost. that's why they become rich.

Control cost is okay if the savings is meant to invest, to pass on to future generation, for a rainy day, to help others etc.. However if the intention to save for a very expensive branded bag so that others can admire you, I find it questionable.

teddybear
19-04-12, 08:38
I am trying to build up another kind of "credibility", ie being able to mount effective defense when people made insults on me. On 2nd thought, I really don't know how to insult people by beating around the bush like these people. Never mind, I will do the direct way, the actions are the same regardless of beating around bush or direct. I hate those beating around the bush & I will get them done with quickest possible. :p

Is this what you call building credibility? I bet you cant even convince yourself that you are a credible person......

teddybear
19-04-12, 08:43
This is small case lah. You see those people living in HDB flats & driving Merceds E300 or Jaguar or BMW5xx? They rather drive a big car to show off while saving on all other things & sacrificing the quality of lives of their children & spouses? How expensive can a bag be? $50k can get you toppest most limited edition ones already, not too much & you can use for >50 years with negligible maintenance costs compared to cars. :beats-me-man:

Control cost is okay if the savings is meant to invest, to pass on to future generation, for a rainy day, to help others etc.. However if the intention to save for a very expensive branded bag so that others can admire you, I find it questionable.

hyenergix
19-04-12, 08:56
This is small case lah. You see those people living in HDB flats & driving Merceds E300 or Jaguar or BMW5xx? They rather drive a big car to show off while saving on all other things & sacrificing the quality of lives of their children & spouses? How expensive can a bag be? $50k can get you toppest most limited edition ones already, not too much & you can use for >50 years with negligible maintenance costs compared to cars. :beats-me-man:

Somethings big cars r used to ferry potential customers around to impress them to clinch e deal. Not so sure abt bags...

kane
19-04-12, 08:57
Somethings big cars r used to ferry potential customers around to impress them to clinch e deal. Not so sure abt bags...

wife carry nice handbags then husband look good no?

amazon777
19-04-12, 09:14
Can get a replica LV but cannot get a replica BMW, Merc, Jag

Rosegarden
19-04-12, 09:18
50k can get "toppest most limited edition"? for a birkin? Not to question your expertise, but ....

Poloclub
19-04-12, 10:11
I am trying to build up another kind of "credibility", ie being able to mount effective defense when people made insults on me. On 2nd thought, I really don't know how to insult people by beating around the bush like these people. Never mind, I will do the direct way, the actions are the same regardless of beating around bush or direct. I hate those beating around the bush & I will get them done with quickest possible. :p

desperate defense I agree. Effective? very questionable.

Should just post a photo of your 30 years old Hermes to prove that you are credible, instead of beating around the bush like you said.

teddybear
19-04-12, 10:17
Oh No expert talking! :scared-2:
Ok lah, just to clarify, this is not meant to be exact figure but just an illustration to show that $50k can get you very good branded bags that can use for >50 years, whereas to get very good branded cars costs >$250k and can only use for 10 years and still need to a lot for maintenance. :p

50k can get "toppest most limited edition"? for a birkin? Not to question your expertise, but ....

teddybear
19-04-12, 10:19
Did I ever say I want to show any Hermes bag to you? :tsk-tsk:
Some people are just plain thick skin, deserve to be told off. :tongue3:

desperate defense I agree. Effective? very questionable.

Should just post a photo of your 30 years old Hermes to prove that you are credible, instead of beating around the bush like you said.

teddybear
19-04-12, 10:20
Can, I ever saw people took off original logo of an ordinary car and stick a BMW logo onto the front and back of their car.... :doh:
Or those modify their exhaust to sound like a Ferrari speeding down the road.... :scared-1:

Not sure about replica LV, replica Birkin easy to spot because quality difference is so great! :p

Can get a replica LV but cannot get a replica BMW, Merc, Jag

teddybear
19-04-12, 10:23
If the person got substance, don't need all these things, just need brain power and mouth.... :p
If really need big cars to impress to clinch deal, suggest they buy Marc@Paterson and bring them to their house, sure even easier to clinch deal, like that don't even need to talk much, don't need to use too much brain power as well.:47:

Poloclub
19-04-12, 10:33
Did I ever say I want to show any Hermes bag to you? :tsk-tsk:
Some people are just plain thick skin, deserve to be told off. :tongue3:

The people I hate most in this world are liars or what you call tua pao sien, because it tell a lot about a person's character.

Maybe that's the reason why social forum like this is important to you.

Poloclub
19-04-12, 10:35
If the person got substance, don't need all these things, just need brain power and mouth.... :p
If really need big cars to impress to clinch deal, suggest they buy Marc@Paterson and bring them to their house, sure even easier to clinch deal, like that don't even need to talk much, don't need to use too much brain power as well.:47:

what about people bragging about their collection of Hermes and tell people they have 30 years old Hermes like it is a toy he collected since he was a kid.

teddybear
19-04-12, 11:04
Talking about favorite bags mean bragging, so haggling to see things that people don't want you to see means ??? Gian ben? Sua Ku? ha ha ha! :p

what about people bragging about their collection of Hermes and tell people they have 30 years old Hermes like it is a toy he collected since he was a kid.

louisebrown
19-04-12, 14:05

Get that swollen lump between your ears examined.

By the way, it should be "better have or get yourself educated".

DKSG
19-04-12, 14:13
Hey!

Dont start this thing here leh.
We are here on a peaceful discusison of the Sky!

Lets bury the bags and move on ok ?

DKSG

louisebrown
19-04-12, 14:20
Talking about favorite bags mean bragging, so haggling to see things that people don't want you to see means ??? Gian ben? Sua Ku? ha ha ha! :p

It is an exercise in vanity engaging a pin-holed brain as his brain would have gotten attuned to such activity.

carbuncle
19-04-12, 17:01
Hey!

Dont start this thing here leh.
We are here on a peaceful discusison of the Sky!

Lets bury the bags and move on ok ?

DKSG
Bury the bags... Lol nice one. This thread has gotten such a pain to read due to the silly squabbles.

Poloclub
19-04-12, 22:17
didnt we already have a sky thread in Central north subforum.
Lets hope teddy doesnt go that and start bragging about HERMES :)

ysyap
19-04-12, 22:21
Ok.. quiet for 8 hrs already... :cheers1:

Poloclub
19-04-12, 23:11

I believe most of us is old enough to tell the difference between talking and bragging.

30 years old and collection of Hermes? thats bragging, but thats not as bad and bullshitting.

richie$$$
19-04-12, 23:19
another emotional Mr./Mrs B...

thank god we dun flash addresses/mobile no. here.
otherwise get bashed

richie$$$
19-04-12, 23:20
who so siao put such wrong title?
where got 70% snapped up. can sue 4 misrepresentation? consult lawyer

Montaigne
20-04-12, 18:09
I believe most of us is old enough to tell the difference between talking and bragging.

30 years old and collection of Hermes? thats bragging, but thats not as bad and bullshitting.
In another thread, teddy bear assume those age around 18 to 22 who bought hermes bag
Are prostitutes, which are so demeaning. He might be just jealous that his wife couldn't beat my sister in terms of age when getting her first hermes. So in order for his wife not be a prostitute in the past, she has to be at least 52 years old now. If in real life she is any younger, then she MUST be a prostitute in the past based on his assumption.Then we can roughly guess teddy bear age.

PN
20-04-12, 18:21
I remember Teddy mentioned his household monthly spending is < $3k in one of the thread in 2009.

Wow... didn't know his wife has a collection of Hermes.

What a drastic contrast of monthly spending vs Hermes collection. :scared-4:

teddybear
20-04-12, 20:33
Did I? I am be old but I am a private person, I don't think I will ever reveal my actual income, expenses etc. Ha ha ha! :p
If my memory did not fail me, I am talking about a hypothetical case for somebody with household income of say $8k pm (the figure above which you can't buy a new HDB) and saying he can afford a say $1m property? $8k pm income should not spend more than $4k pm right? :o
Hermes Birkin bags are collectables (as are other collectables), so not included in monthly spending lah (don't expect somebody with household income of $8k splashing on Hermes Birkin bags right?). Don't think I include 1-off expenses like expensive holidays as well..... :ashamed1:

I remember Teddy mentioned his household monthly spending is < $3k in one of the thread in 2009.

teddybear
20-04-12, 20:42
Anything wrong with what I wrote? (I copied below again to read). I don't think so... :p
You don't know I am old? :doh:

In another thread, teddy bear assume those age around 18 to 22 who bought hermes bag
Are prostitutes, which are so demeaning. He might be just jealous that his wife couldn't beat my sister in terms of age when getting her first hermes. So in order for his wife not be a prostitute in the past, she has to be at least 52 years old now. If in real life she is any younger, then she MUST be a prostitute in the past based on his assumption.Then we can roughly guess teddy bear age.

This is tongue-in-cheek remarks. :p
Nevertheless, really can't find other reason as to how a 18-22 years old can earn so much to effort a branded >$20k bag and still have money for a living from non-wealthy family. By virtue of being in non-wealthy family, their income usually will have to subidize family expenses, No? :rolleyes:

Juniper
20-04-12, 20:49

this sort of things always happen when people starts telling lies about themselves.

Poloclub
20-04-12, 21:00
Did I? I am be old but I am a private person, I don't think I will ever reveal my actual income, expenses etc. Ha ha ha! :p
If my memory did not fail me, I am talking about a hypothetical case for somebody with household income of say $8k pm (the figure above which you can't buy a new HDB) and saying he can afford a say $1m property? $8k pm income should not spend more than $4k pm right? :o
Hermes Birkin bags are collectables (as are other collectables), so not included in monthly spending lah (don't expect somebody with household income of $8k splashing on Hermes Birkin bags right?). Don't think I include 1-off expenses like expensive holidays as well..... :ashamed1:

I am be old? hell yeah

http://visitbulgaria.info/files/Benjamin-Button.jpg

teddybear
20-04-12, 21:03
Why you straight away jump to conclusion like that? Who you said are lying? From what you wrote, it is obvious that you are trying to say I am lying. If so, can directly say so, don't have to beat around a bush and act like a coward! :doh:
You can show and prove the lie from my earlier postings that you purported that I am telling? If not, what a liar you are! I can straight away tell you in the face, don't have to beat around the bush! :tongue3:

this sort of things always happen when people starts telling lies about themselves.

teddybear
20-04-12, 21:17
Looks like you wanted to get very intimated with me! You are all out here to engage me. I welcome you and take you on.:p

I have temporarily ignored you because I don't take you seriously. You seems to suggest social forum is not important to you. After a day of observation, you care about social forum much more than me! This tells a lot of your personality and character! :doh:

The people I hate most in this world are liars or what you call tua pao sien, because it tell a lot about a person's character.

Maybe that's the reason why social forum like this is important to you.

teddybear
20-04-12, 21:25
I can see that you really out here to engage me!

Are you jealous about the Hermes collection that my wife has?

You can't take it when other people can affords more than you do?

:tongue3:

teddybear
20-04-12, 21:27
You missed me so much and engage me again today? Your sugar daddy?

Are you in the sober senses? or you are under the psychiatrist treatment?:doh:

I am be old? hell yeah

http://visitbulgaria.info/files/Benjamin-Button.jpg

PN
20-04-12, 21:32
From your posts in 2009, you said it's your spending pattern & simplicity in life.

Anyway it's your lifestyle so no further comments from me.

teddybear
March 9th, 2009, 11:48 AM

Possible because based on my estimate and spending pattern:
Car loan + road tax + petrol + parking = $1k (not $1.5k)
Own expense for 2 pax = $1k (not $1.5k)
personal Insurance (+disability income!) = $120 (not $1k - Buy term insurance! - can even cover $1m for each)
children expenses = $200 (not $700)
phone bill + internet = $60 (not $120)
utility bill = $120 (not $150)
condo maintenance = $300 (ok)

Total < $3k! Every year, the couple will get about 3 months bonuses or $8.2k x 3 as savings = $24600. For 30 years they would have saved $738k! Why not enough?

TeddybearMarch 9th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I suppose it is a matter of life-style, and spending $3k per month is not too little and don't have to try hard to save really if you look at the poorer family who can go buy with a single income of $1500 per month for a family of 5, then $3k pm is no great feat. ;)
Don't know why you need to spend so much on meals, we cook & eat at home most of the time - healthier (no MSG)! We spend more time with our kids at gardens and beaches (mostly for free). Time for us to teach our kids about simplicity in life and not revolving around movies, eating out in restaurants, branded goods etc. For example, we don't use air-con not because we can't afford but because we prefer natural air and also because we choose our house such that it is always breezy and occasionally turning on the fan will do. So many ways to save with little efforts but nowsadays people always complain money not enough but have no idea where they leaked to.

teddybear
20-04-12, 21:34
Did you look through the previous postings before this posting. I was referring the case that someone mentioned?

If I'm referring to my case. I will nto say "Every year, the couple will get about 3 months". :p

Here you are:
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=7196&page=4&highlight=expense
------------------------------------------------------------------

From your posts in 2009, you said it's your spending pattern & simplicity in life.

teddybear

personal Insurance (+disability income!) = $120 (not $1k - Buy term insurance! - can even cover $1m for each)

Total < $3k! Every year, the couple will get about 3 months bonuses or $8.2k x 3 as savings = $24600. For 30 years they would have saved $738k! Why not enough?

I suppose it is a matter of life-style, and spending $3k per month is not too little and don't have to try hard to save really if you look at the poorer family who can go buy with a single income of $1500 per month for a family of 5, then $3k pm is no great feat. ;)
Don't know why you need to spend so much on meals, we cook & eat at home most of the time - healthier (no MSG)! We spend more time with our kids at gardens and beaches (mostly for free). Time for us to teach our kids about simplicity in life and not revolving around movies, eating out in restaurants, branded goods etc. For example, we don't use air-con not because we can't afford but because we prefer natural air and also because we choose our house such that it is always breezy and occasionally turning on the fan will do. So many ways to save with little efforts but nowsadays people always complain money not enough but have no idea where they leaked to.

Montaigne
20-04-12, 21:39
Anything wrong with what I wrote? (I copied below again to read). I don't think so... :p
You don't know I am old? :doh:
Haha, non wealthy does not mean poor, come on. Who it's the real pauper here? I think it is very obvious. Go check around. What is $10k plus savings for an 18year old? Just new year any pow already $1k each from parents every year. Birthday ang pow, rewards for good results etc not counted. No need to save too long for a birkin. We are not rich, but I begin to wonder if you are poorer, since u felt that $13 k for an 18yo girl is beyond reach. :doh: old man bragging abt a birkin, what a big big joke.

Poloclub
20-04-12, 21:39

teddybear

maybe he and his family like to put on a show with all the big talk, CCR property and luxury bag collections etc. And once they are inside their home, they are living like a church mouse.

teddybear
20-04-12, 21:46
You missed me so much and can't help to engage me again!

Can you prove this? If you can't prove, it just shows zero credibility of you as a loose cannon!:tongue3:

maybe he and his family like to put on a show with all the big talk, CCR property and luxury bag collections etc. And once they are inside their home, they are living like a church mouse.

Montaigne
20-04-12, 21:47
Obviously right? I realized that he has an issue with ppl buying bmw, merc etc big cars and even bother to look at their season parking and assume stuffs. He really have an issue. the really rich ppl in the forum won't even disclose how rich they are. One example is laguna. Rich but humble. Only the poor and inferior ppl need to hide behind a screen to
Pretend rich.

stiook
20-04-12, 21:49
back to topic, any update on sale?

louisebrown
20-04-12, 21:49

OMG....It is Collectibles and not Collectables.

1-off means once and never to be repeated. So there was only 1 HB bag and 1 expensive holiday.
Put on your learning cap and learn about "Once-off" as used in the biz world.

teddybear
20-04-12, 21:51
This reminds me of the Malaysian Prime Minister's wife! She said she saved money since she was young until now to accumulate 34M and be able to buy a rare blue diamond! As if she is not spending anything and eating air since young! :tongue3: Not to mentiob about Her multi-million of HERMES collection!

SO MICKEY MOUSE :D

Haha, non wealthy does not mean poor, come on. Who it's the real pauper here? I think it is very obvious. Go check around. What is $10k plus savings for an 18year old? Just new year any pow already $1k each from parents every year. Birthday ang pow, rewards for good results etc not counted. No need to save too long for a birkin. We are not rich, but I begin to wonder if you are poorer, since u felt that $13 k for an 18yo girl is beyond reach. :doh: old man bragging abt a birkin, what a big big joke.

louisebrown
20-04-12, 21:53
This concludes it.........an unteachable.

Poloclub
20-04-12, 21:54
Obviously right? I realized that he has an issue with ppl buying bmw, merc etc big cars and even bother to look at their season parking and assume stuffs. He really have an issue. the really rich ppl in the forum won't even disclose how rich they are. One example is laguna. Rich but humble. Only the poor and inferior ppl need to hide behind a screen to
Pretend rich.

he did mention something like a household with 16k monthly income can easily afford to live in a 3.2m property and but should only drive a 2nd hand Altis. perhaps thats how he live his life.

Glad I dont have such neighours in my estates.

hyenergix
20-04-12, 21:56
back to topic, any update on sale?

Many pp muz have BAGGED a unit by now.

Montaigne
20-04-12, 21:59
This reminds me of the Malaysian Prime Minister's wife! She said she saved money since she was young until now to accumulate 34M and be able to buy a rare blue diamond! As if she is not spending anything and eating air since young! :tongue3: Not to mentiob about Her multi-million of HERMES collection!

SO MICKEY MOUSE :D
Sore losers. this reMinds me of someone being caught with his pants down and trying to cover up desperately.

Montaigne
20-04-12, 22:00
This concludes it.........an unteachable.
LOl....can't agree more.

teddybear
20-04-12, 22:02
Contrary with what you have said. I always felt that I'm VERY POOR. I can't affords 34M blue diamond even after saving since young! I have no issue with people driving all those posh cars. I just can't take understand some people who can buying all flashy cars but can't affords to pay for the parking. Instead, parking along the road illegally and blocking the road. Also can't understand with those who would rather spend close to 500K for cars and live in HDB, than spend on buying a private property. I simply understand the logic! :doh:

Pretend rich.

teddybear
20-04-12, 22:05
Can you prove that? or you are talking about yourself!!:tongue3:

Sore losers. this reMinds me of someone being caught with his pants down and trying to cover up desperately.

melody
20-04-12, 22:10
$10k plus savings is nothing for 18 years old? :doh:
And a 18 years old spend $13k on Birkin is nothing? :scared-2:
Is that girl who got 44 people charged in court (including senior civil servants) your sister? Each time can charge $500-800! No wonder is small change for her? :scared-1:

melody
20-04-12, 22:12
Ha ha ha! You The Associate Professor Mike is it? Always correcting people's England? Here we speak Singland, not England, you want to speak England get back to your Englishit. :tongue3:

1-off means once and never to be repeated. So there was only 1 HB bag and 1 expensive holiday.

teddybear
20-04-12, 22:15
You can't take it now when I ignore you !

Don't jump into conclusion ! You are really unteachable as I have repeated it many times.

Yes, I-off means once and never to be repeated for 1 particular year since we were calculating expenses for 1 year to see how much is the saving for 1 year. :tongue3:

hahahha!

Tried to be a teacher but are not equipped with adequate knowledge!:doh:

You can swallow your own words" Put on your learning cap and learn about "Maths" as used in the biz world

Don't make yourself a laughing stock here!

DaytonaSS
20-04-12, 22:19
Come on guys , gen y vs gen x(or earlier) thinking ,nothing wrg, all grow up in different times. an old uncle I know living like church mouse stays in big big landed n retired since 40 yrs old but got 3 properties. The old generation pple live a simple life but put their $$$ to work.

The young "like" just do. Spending 15k on a bag 20 years ago will simply be unimaginable for someone from humble begining,this just reflects the young generation that grew up on a back drop of booming economy in the last 15-20 years . She save n buy doesn't means it's the correct thing to do from a financial wealth accumulation angle. Cos it the attitude towards $$$ that will lead to problem some time down the road. The pressure to keep up with the facade will just keep building up.

The correct teachings shld be, put e $15k into a stock invest. When the stock doubles, sell it, and u can have the bag n still your 15k will be there.

melody
20-04-12, 22:25
The below very interesting, more names to appear! May be next time we will see Poloclub, teddybear, PN, louisebrown, stalingrad, J-Dog, etc names all appearing there? Montaigne's name not there because his sister mah! :p If appear there then :axekiller: :scared-1:

Net buzzing over identity of mystery S’pore callgirl
By Kai Fong | Yahoo! Newsroom – Thu, Apr 19, 2012

Just who is this underage callgirl involved in a widening high-profile sex scandal that has embarrassed 48 men and counting?

To date, 48 have been charged for allegedly having paid sex with the girl, who worked for a now defunct online prostitution website.

Among the biggest names tied to the case are prominent local newsmaker Howard Shaw, former UBS top banker and Swiss national Juerg Buergin, an ex-school principal, an ex-teacher and several top civil servants.

The girl is believed to be 17 – below the legal age for prostitution -- when the alleged offences took place between September 2010 and February 2011.

Court documents have identified the girl on Wednesday but she cannot be named after the court allowed a prosecution application to impose a gag order to protect her identity.

The gag order, which prohibits the publication of any information that could lead to the disclosure of the girl’s identity, also applies to members of the public.

But that has not prevented netizens from speculating and spreading photos of the alleged callgirl online.

Among the issues being hotly debated on online forums – the prices she charged (between $500 to $750 per session, according to the charge sheets), how she had managed to conceal her real age, her background and even why she has not been named and shamed.

“The underage gal charges $500 per hour?” exclaimed Yahoo! user Princess Cathie.

“She must really be somebody that causes men of status to (go) head over heels, giving up their reputation, career and family...”

“Who will pay $500 for a pros?”, agreed Ang. “(That's) over market rate by five-fold."

Another user libby was among many who felt it was unfair the girl has been made to look like the victim.

“First, she is underaged, then she's a 'callgirl'. Why are clients being blamed here?” she wrote.

“Why is this woman being shielded?” Lenen also questioned.

“She profited from her acts the whole time. She knew what she was doing was wrong -- she was not 'made use of'.”

While prostitution is not illegal in Singapore, it is a punishable offence to have paid sex with anyone under 18. This carries mandatory imprisonment up to seven years and a possible fine.

The punishment for breaking a gag order is a fine of up to $5,000 or jail time of up to 12 months, or both.

Come on guys , gen y vs gen x(or earlier) thinking ,nothing wrg, all grow up in different times. an old uncle I know living like church mouse stays in big big landed n retired since 40 yrs old but got 3 properties. The old generation pple live a simple life but put their $$$ to work.

The young "like" just do. Spending 15k on a bag 20 years ago will simply be unimaginable for someone from humble begining,this just reflects the young generation that grew up on a back drop of booming economy in the last 15-20 years . She save n buy doesn't means it's the correct thing to do from a financial wealth accumulation angle. Cos it the attitude towards $$$ that will lead to problem some time down the road. The pressure to keep up with the facade will just keep building up.

The correct teachings shld be, put e $15k into a stock invest. When the stock doubles, sell it, and u can have the bag n still your 15k will be there.

DKSG
20-04-12, 22:34
Hey ! Hey ! Hey !

What happened to Sky Habitat ?

DKSG

PN
20-04-12, 22:38
The below very interesting, more names to appear! May be next time we will see Poloclub, teddybear, PN, louisebrown, stalingrad, J-Dog, etc names all appearing there? Montaigne's name not there because his sister mah! :p If appear there then :axekiller: :scared-1:

Are you inviting us to attack you?

Melody sounds like a nice name for this type of headlines :D

PN
20-04-12, 22:39
Hey ! Hey ! Hey !

What happened to Sky Habitat ?

DKSG

The Sky is the limit. So can talk anything in this thread. ;)

DKSG
20-04-12, 22:42
The Sky is the limit. So can talk anything in this thread. ;)

You win lor!

CapLand will love your "Sky's the limit!"

Coz they applied it to their pricing.

Anyone got updates on sales of Sky ?

DKSG

stiook
20-04-12, 22:45

This I totally agree... my parents' generation tends to be more thrifty... maybe they have been through tough times. My generation is more willing to splurge... the younger generation....:scared-1:

Montaigne
21-04-12, 07:01
$10k plus savings is nothing for 18 years old? :doh:
And a 18 years old spend $13k on Birkin is nothing? :scared-2:
Is that girl who got 44 people charged in court (including senior civil servants) your sister? Each time can charge $500-800! No wonder is small change for her? :scared-1:
LOl! From the way you speak, I can more or less confirmed that u are no other than teddy bear hiding behind another identity. Aiyo... Dun have to be so agitated when being bashed la, dear melody, I have no idea why are u so affected and agitated in your tone. It is either sour grapes on your side our you are simply in defense of teddy bear, which I think the later is more possible. I shall check your IP address on Monday. Your statement head zero effect on me simply because not only myself, everyone who read this knows that you are just attacking based on baseless assumption. Chey, I won't even bother to tell my sis, she will laugh of her head knowing that someone is so jealous if her to the extend of slamming her without even knowing her personally. Oh by the way, could u be one of the guys in the news? You need a place to vent your anger at the girl who has caused you that much misery? Oh well... Maybe you have found the right place. There are many forumers her who are more than willing to lend you a listening ear becos watching you jump is so hilarious haha haha!!!

Montaigne
21-04-12, 07:11

Actually my sis invested Alot. as for the birkin, she had buyers immediately offering $15k to buy off hand from her. She is just waiting to enjoying it for a few more years before selling off at a profit. So far she has been earning abit from branded bags alone. she bought her Chanel bag at 3k+ few years ago, sold it off at $4k+ recently after gently using it for a few years. Bags like hermes and Chanel has high appreciation value esp those bought few years ago.

Montaigne
21-04-12, 07:19

Net buzzing over identity of mystery S’pore callgirl
By Kai Fong | Yahoo! Newsroom – Thu, Apr 19, 2012

Just who is this underage callgirl involved in a widening high-profile sex scandal that has embarrassed 48 men and counting?

To date, 48 have been charged for allegedly having paid sex with the girl, who worked for a now defunct online prostitution website.

Among the biggest names tied to the case are prominent local newsmaker Howard Shaw, former UBS top banker and Swiss national Juerg Buergin, an ex-school principal, an ex-teacher and several top civil servants.

The girl is believed to be 17 – below the legal age for prostitution -- when the alleged offences took place between September 2010 and February 2011.

Court documents have identified the girl on Wednesday but she cannot be named after the court allowed a prosecution application to impose a gag order to protect her identity.

The gag order, which prohibits the publication of any information that could lead to the disclosure of the girl’s identity, also applies to members of the public.

But that has not prevented netizens from speculating and spreading photos of the alleged callgirl online.

Among the issues being hotly debated on online forums – the prices she charged (between $500 to $750 per session, according to the charge sheets), how she had managed to conceal her real age, her background and even why she has not been named and shamed.

“The underage gal charges $500 per hour?” exclaimed Yahoo! user Princess Cathie.

“She must really be somebody that causes men of status to (go) head over heels, giving up their reputation, career and family...”

“Who will pay $500 for a pros?”, agreed Ang. “(That's) over market rate by five-fold."

Another user libby was among many who felt it was unfair the girl has been made to look like the victim.

“First, she is underaged, then she's a 'callgirl'. Why are clients being blamed here?” she wrote.

“Why is this woman being shielded?” Lenen also questioned.

“She profited from her acts the whole time. She knew what she was doing was wrong -- she was not 'made use of'.”

While prostitution is not illegal in Singapore, it is a punishable offence to have paid sex with anyone under 18. This carries mandatory imprisonment up to seven years and a possible fine.

The punishment for breaking a gag order is a fine of up to $5,000 or jail time of up to 12 months, or both.
Oh, don't be shy, may I know which guy are you mentioned in the news? Seriously, I dun even bother to read such news, why are you so concern and even bother to cut and paste the whole news here? Or does it feel great to know that even if your names are blatantly appearing in the news, no one can identify you behind the PC screen? Pathetic soul... You have my sympathy. My only advise to you is 色字头上一把刀. Keep your pants on when necessary. Aiyo:doh:

hopeful
21-04-12, 07:19
Actually my sis invested Alot. as for the birkin, she had buyers immediately offering $15k to buy off hand from her. She is just waiting to enjoying it for a few more years before selling off at a profit. So far she has been earning abit from branded bags alone. she bought her Chanel bag at 3k+ few years ago, sold it off at $4k+ recently after gently using it for a few years. Bags like hermes and Chanel has high appreciation value esp those bought few years ago.

was it guys who offered to buy it from her?

Montaigne
21-04-12, 07:21
was it guys who offered to buy it from her?
No leh, she posted in bags forums for sale to test market.

hyenergix
21-04-12, 07:35
No leh, she posted in bags forums for sale to test market.

It's true. I was the one who replied in the forums to test her response.

NorthernStar
21-04-12, 07:50
Contrary with what you have said. I always felt that I'm VERY POOR. I can't affords 34M blue diamond even after saving since young! I have no issue with people driving all those posh cars. I just can't take understand some people who can buying all flashy cars but can't affords to pay for the parking. Instead, parking along the road illegally and blocking the road. Also can't understand with those who would rather spend close to 500K for cars and live in HDB, than spend on buying a private property. I simply understand the logic! :doh:
I am strongly agree with the illegal parking case. :simmering:

PN
21-04-12, 07:50
LOl! From the way you speak, I can more or less confirmed that u are no other than teddy bear hiding behind another identity. Aiyo... Dun have to be so agitated when being bashed la, dear melody, I have no idea why are u so affected and agitated in your tone. It is either sour grapes on your side our you are simply in defense of teddy bear, which I think the later is more possible. I shall check your IP address on Monday. Your statement head zero effect on me simply because not only myself, everyone who read this knows that you are just attacking based on baseless assumption. Chey, I won't even bother to tell my sis, she will laugh of her head knowing that someone is so jealous if her to the extend of slamming her without even knowing her personally. Oh by the way, could u be one of the guys in the news? You need a place to vent your anger at the girl who has caused you that much misery? Oh well... Maybe you have found the right place. There are many forumers her who are more than willing to lend you a listening ear becos watching you jump is so hilarious haha haha!!!

The only reason why Melody is behaving like this is ........ She is Teddy's wife.

夫唱妇随

PN
21-04-12, 07:57
The only reason why Melody is behaving like this is ........ She is Teddy's wife.

夫唱妇随

Let me elaborate further. Have to tighten pocket by controlling monthly expenses within $3k to save here save there to afford Hermes.

Then Montaigne's sister can afford the same at such a young age. Of course very jealous lah.

chiaberry
21-04-12, 09:26
Let me elaborate further. Have to tighten pocket by controlling monthly expenses within $3k to save here save there to afford Hermes.

Then Montaigne's sister can afford the same at such a young age. Of course very jealous lah.

Ehh...some young girls are moonlighting to pay for those designer bags. You know what I mean. Not saying she is one of them but there are such cases around.

Montaigne
21-04-12, 09:38
Ehh...some young girls are moonlighting to pay for those designer bags. You know what I mean. Not saying she is one of them but there are such cases around.
If you considered helping my dad as a part time accountant moonlighting. She is now in her final year ntu accountancy.

melody
21-04-12, 14:19
No need to twist and turn as though illusion are facts! Up to you to say whatever you want, ha ha ha!
Why, you got exposed? Or rather you sister got exposed? :tongue3:

melody
21-04-12, 14:21
You also involved? Your name appeared on newspaper among the 44 already? :ashamed1: :p

It's true. I was the one who replied in the forums to test her response.

melody
21-04-12, 14:23
I know you like to twist and turn, no facts become "your facts", yours only! :doh:

夫唱妇随

melody
21-04-12, 14:24
I know I know, you like to twist and turn to attack people! I am very scared! :scared-2:
But Ok, I am not a coward here, please go ahead. Anyway, aren't you all the gang attacking already anyway? Wakekekekeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :tongue3:

Are you inviting us to attack you?

Melody sounds like a nice name for this type of headlines :D

melody
21-04-12, 14:43
Your sister or you are fyeeli aka Montaigne in Bag forum? Are you the infamous girl who are now dragging down 48 guys? Can we interview you?:p

hopeful
21-04-12, 14:44
.... I shall check your IP address on Monday.

Can tell us how to check forummers' IP addresses?

melody
21-04-12, 14:46
Obviously, He has reading disability and always can't comprehend the passage/message. He can't catch the hint from the message! hahaha......

PN
21-04-12, 15:04
I know you like to twist and turn, no facts become "your facts", yours only! :doh:
Why you need to defend your Teddybear whenever he got cornered?

Why teddybear so coward? I also know the damning fact about Regent Heights! Let me tell all forumers what it is to be fair in case you got bluffed! file://localhost/Users/pn/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0clip_image002.gif

You see below Regent Heights' Rooms for rent:

Not I say only, many others also know you are related to Teddy.

大家心知肚明 :D

Alamak, it's Teddy!

Turned from red to blue...

Looks like from a emergency situation to a cold death.

Alright u win, I am not as righteous as you. I don't deserve a reply from u anyway. Haha...
file://localhost/Users/pn/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0clip_image004.gif

Btw, my last remark to u. Make duxton half price is just a point to make it affordable. Built another duxton equivalent at outram park and make it half price, then we are talking about addressing affordability. Happy?

posting with multiple quotes and highlighting is teddy's style, melody must be that mongrel's disciple or worse still, his wife

PN
21-04-12, 15:13
I know I know, you like to twist and turn to attack people! I am very scared! :scared-2:
But Ok, I am not a coward here, please go ahead. Anyway, aren't you all the gang attacking already anyway? Wakekekekeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :tongue3:

Don't worry old lady or I should call you old Melody. Continue with your Hermes collection. But do take good care of your health. Eat more and spend less on bags as you're not young anymore. Need more money to look after your own well being.

You need to have more rest. Too much internet forums chatting is bad for your health. Beware of high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke, etc.

Take it easy and enjoy life.

price
21-04-12, 15:53
Why you need to defend your Teddybear whenever he got cornered?

Not I say only, many others also know you are related to Teddy.

大家心知肚明 :D

teddybear=felicia=melody

carbuncle
21-04-12, 16:33
teddybear=felicia=melody
All cutesy cartoon characters no? Felicia is kitty. Melody also kitty... So one bear two pussies:-) oh Melody is labbit I just lemembered

louisebrown
21-04-12, 17:00
You can't take it now when I ignore you !

Don't jump into conclusion ! You are really unteachable as I have repeated it many times.

Yes, I-off means once and never to be repeated for 1 particular year since we were calculating expenses for 1 year to see how much is the saving for 1 year. :tongue3:

hahahha!

Tried to be a teacher but are not equipped with adequate knowledge!:doh:

You can swallow your own words" Put on your learning cap and learn about "Maths" as used in the biz world

Don't make yourself a laughing stock here!

Crawl into your shell, fringehead.

felicia_sg
21-04-12, 17:02
You are an idiot? Why drag me into this? :tsk-tsk:
Please be like a gentleman and go fight your own turf or revenge. Can't imagine a sissy like you dragging a lady like me into all these!

teddybear=felicia=melody

felicia_sg
21-04-12, 17:03
You another one that want to get scolding?

All cutesy cartoon characters no? Felicia is kitty. Melody also kitty... So one bear two pussies:-) oh Melody is labbit I just lemembered

PN
21-04-12, 17:03
Interesting ...... Do you know that both Teddybear & Melody not just always sing the same tune or song?

Both join this forum on the same day 2 Mar 2009. :scared-1:

What a perfect match.

What a coincidence!!!!!!

Douk
21-04-12, 17:44
You ppl are really sharp..lol. Bags aside, he contributes to keep this forum alive.

Interesting ...... Do you know that both Teddybear & Melody not just always sing the same tune or song?

What a perfect match.

What a coincidence!!!!!!

felicia_sg
21-04-12, 17:50
really many "interesting" characters here. no matter what, appreciate those who have contributed to improve our knowledge of the property market, finance planning, etc. Hope they keep it up, and ignore those who seem to be all out to smear others but contribute zero useful information or knowledge except sprouting non-sense & wastage of space in this forum.

You ppl are really sharp..lol. Bags aside, he contributes to keep this forum alive.

stiook
21-04-12, 17:53

What a perfect match.

What a coincidence!!!!!!

Need to create 2 ID? Talk to oneself?! :beats-me-man:

DKSG
21-04-12, 17:55
really many "interesting" characters here. no matter what, appreciate those who have contributed to improve our knowledge of the property market, finance planning, etc. Hope they keep it up, and ignore those who seem to be all out to smear others but contribute zero useful information or knowledge except sprouting non-sense & wastage of space in this forum.

Watching the drama here at times is more interesting than watching : 塘心风暴, the main question is ... who is 米雪 ?

DKSG