PDA

View Full Version : A home close to nature but away from central

roly8
16-04-12, 20:17
or a home do not have any nature nearby but it is in central...

which one will you choose?

buttercarp
16-04-12, 20:34
I'd definitely choose a home near to nature and away from central.
This is because it is cheaper.
I do not believe in paying a premium for something in the central.
To me, Singapore is so small and everything can be considered as central.
Now especially with the heartlands having their own malls, I do not need to venture beyond my home to get what I want.

Of course if in future, the prices of the central region falls or becomes equal to the homes in the suburb, I would consider the central then.

ikan bilis
16-04-12, 20:44
1 question first... is this 1 given by ah gong like hdb/ec or i've to pay fully on it.... :D

roly8
16-04-12, 20:51
1 question first... is this 1 given by ah gong like hdb/ec or i've to pay fully on it.... :D

condo .. :D

or landed..

but i am more toward condo at the moment..:D

rymccondo77
16-04-12, 20:56
I do not believe in paying a premium for something in the central.
To me, Singapore is so small and everything can be considered as central.
Now especially with the heartlands having their own malls, I do not need to venture beyond my home to get what I want.

Of course if in future, the prices of the central region falls or becomes equal to the homes in the suburb, I would consider the central then.

Same for me.

fan
16-04-12, 20:59
I definitely go for stay near nature, quiet n peaceful. Then drive to central for work and entertainment. Cheaper n better imo

ikan bilis
16-04-12, 21:05
condo .. :D

or landed..

but i am more toward condo at the moment..:D

heya... hdb/ec everyone wants mature estates, or if can get pinnacle@duxton even better...
pte residential ulu-ulu got water/sea/woods getting hotter... e.g. ripplebay, watertown, parcrosewood, foresque..

so?... :D

ysyap
16-04-12, 21:10

which one will you choose?Away from central not coz got nature but coz away from busyness of city living... :rolleyes:

Montaigne
16-04-12, 21:33
Own stay, nature. Investment, central. If pricing same, I still prefer to stay away from city. Like that life more exciting. Can enjoy nature and once awhile go central happening.

roly8
16-04-12, 21:34
Away from central not coz got nature but coz away from busyness of city living... :rolleyes:
true.. :D

:o:o

mantrix
16-04-12, 22:21
teddybear sure come in kao pei kao bu one :D

teddybear
16-04-12, 22:27
Why I need to do that? I can walk to Singapore's coolest and most beautiful garden in the world even though I live in the most urban central city part of Singapore with endless of shopping, dinning along 1 of the world's most beautiful shopping street. Not many people got such luxury.... I am proud of that! Wait till many all these people who make such comments can well-afford then they can tell me that they despice staying in Orchard not because they got no bullet but because they choose to because of life style..... :p

teddybear sure come in kao pei kao bu one :D

hyenergix
16-04-12, 22:36
I think Malaysia property fits the bill of cheaper house with plenty of greenery.

speculator
16-04-12, 22:42

So many new developments to choose from. take your pick.
Thomson Grand should be the most central?

Thomson Grand
The Miltonia Residences
The Estuary
Tree House
Foresque Residences

amk
16-04-12, 22:56
TS made it sound like you have to get EITHER one :cool:

There are plenty of places in CCR where you can get both.

All the pties surrounding botanic garden.

All the pties surrounding goodwood hill.

Etc.

chiaberry
16-04-12, 23:01
Thomson Grand.

It's not far from CCR (5 to 10 mins drive). Can choose from Bishan Park, HSBC walk, Lower Pierce Reservoir, Upper Pierce Reservoir.

carbuncle
16-04-12, 23:33
heya... hdb/ec everyone wants mature estates, or if can get pinnacle@duxton even better...
pte residential ulu-ulu got water/sea/woods getting hotter... e.g. ripplebay, watertown, parcrosewood, foresque..

so?... :D
But the natural Clift is in cbd leh lol

Lord Anus
17-04-12, 03:58
Bukit timah and Holland bungalow or semi d. Best of both worlds.

Within CCR D10/11, near nature, plenty greenery, parks, supermarkets, restaurants.

Most importantly: low population density, which is an important criteria for every prestige residential area.

kane
17-04-12, 08:17
Thomson Grand.

It's not far from CCR (5 to 10 mins drive). Can choose from Bishan Park, HSBC walk, Lower Pierce Reservoir, Upper Pierce Reservoir.

Yes amongst the lot i would pick TG. Probably has the best finishing amongst them.

roly8
17-04-12, 09:57
TS made it sound like you have to get EITHER one :cool:

There are plenty of places in CCR where you can get both.

All the pties surrounding botanic garden.

All the pties surrounding goodwood hill.

Etc.
my ideal home is one that is near to nature

but i also want swimming pool for exercise purpose..

if condo, swimming pool + gym is just down stair - you pay monthly fee la..
if landed, you must drive/travel to the nearest swimming complex.. sianz..

plus i want freehold .. lol :D:D:D

Rosegarden
17-04-12, 10:05
Why I need to do that? I can walk to Singapore's coolest and most beautiful garden in the world even though I live in the most urban central city part of Singapore with endless of shopping, dinning along 1 of the world's most beautiful shopping street. Not many people got such luxury.... I am proud of that! Wait till many all these people who make such comments can well-afford then they can tell me that they despice staying in Orchard not because they got no bullet but because they choose to because of life style..... :p
Well said.

In fact, away from central does not mean away from the clutter and noise of city living. Suburban hubs are as densely populated if not more. Whereas living next to, say Botanic gardens, is arguably the best "greens" you can get save next to Macritchie, and that's only because of the cross country tracks. And please don't compare Bishan park or punggol "riverside" to BG.

Rosegarden
17-04-12, 10:08
Bukit timah and Holland bungalow or semi d. Best of both worlds.

Within CCR D10/11, near nature, plenty greenery, parks, supermarkets, restaurants.

Most importantly: low population density, which is an important criteria for every prestige residential area.

GCB nassim gallop or leedon, more better....:D

stl67
17-04-12, 10:17

near nature means got mosquitoes leh.. my old place near nature and all of us got bitten. so we normally close the blinds before sunset, and after dinner go into the masteroom to watch tv.

chiaberry
17-04-12, 10:22
near nature means got mosquitoes leh.. my old place near nature and all of us got bitten. so we normally close the blinds before sunset, and after dinner go into the masteroom to watch tv.

We have permanent magnetic mosquito screens on all windows and sliding doors. Need to live with the lizards and ants constantly present. When you change ant bait, a new breed comes in that is not affected. The species of ant changes from time to time. Monkeys are also outside much of the time.

teddybear
17-04-12, 10:27
Oh no! My wife will scream constantly.....:scared-1:

We have permanent magnetic mosquito screens on all windows and sliding doors. Need to live with the lizards and ants constantly present. When you change ant bait, a new breed comes in that is not affected. The species of ant changes from time to time. Monkeys are also outside much of the time.

Juniper
17-04-12, 10:32

which one will you choose?

home close to your primates?

fclim
17-04-12, 10:41
:tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk:
http://static.stomp.com.sg/site/servlet/linkableblob/stomp/199008/thumbnail/monkeys_invade_house_in_bukit_panjang-thumbnail

roly8
17-04-12, 10:42

wah kao..

wa..so many friendly living species around.. :eek::eek::eek:

stl67
17-04-12, 11:08

Yah this screens really bring back fond memories. Did not know they exist till a friend told me about it. I went to source around and was surprised that it is quite expensive.

So I DIY it (that time no money because over leverage with properties :D :D ), bought the net from Sungei road and the double sided tape.
Soon the double sided tape gave way and I replaced it with "velcro" (not sure how to spell).

It really helps to keep the mosquitoes away.

Now, at my current place still got mosquitoes but not so much. Evertime when there is an outbreak, I will open up all the drain outside my house and check if it is choked. If I can clear it with my "koot tao" I will just quickly do it. Otherwise, I call PUB and they are so good. They response to you almost immediately. Thumbs up.

At first I thought mosuquitoes is under NEA. So I called NEA and they forwarded my msg to PUB since drain is under PUB.

Good discovery. Other than mossies, I really like landed. Been hunting for a bigger one as you know. But price is berry high.

roly8
17-04-12, 11:13
any big issue with pregnant woman living in landed? :D
climb up and down.. worry me leh

stl67
17-04-12, 11:21

ok lah... good exercise. my wife went through it.

chiaberry
17-04-12, 11:23

No it's good exercise for her. Keeps her fit. Need to be in good physical condition for the delivery. In the olden days, the women in China work in the fields while they are pregnant. Our race and gender is adapted to that. Don't flame me. I am a female, mother of 3 kids (non-C section) and worked until the day I delivered all of them.

amk
17-04-12, 11:46

I'm not following. Like I said, all the condos around botanic garden / goodwood hill / etc have all these. And most (all?) are FH.

google "Goodwood Residences" and "Volari".

babyworm
17-04-12, 14:58
I would pick a home in the Central over one in the outskirts any time. Time is of the essence here, and being able to reach home before the sun sets and wake up only after sun rise is a definite plus for me.

You spend most of your work week travelling to and fro the office, so staying close means you have more family time as well as longer sleep hours on 5/7 days a week.

On weekends, you can look into the Singapore map (which is shaped like a fan) and choose to head west, north, north-east or east, or even south to Sentosa. And no destination is too far from home! :cool:

radha08
17-04-12, 15:03
good topic thats why i was so interested in flamingo valley...nice surroundings..ok not exactly nature...yeah i know whatever greenery round there has got a very eerie source of nutrients..:scared-1:..cemetary...but it is relatively central...but once again i was slow in grabbing my dream unit...been happening so often that got no more feeling...:doh:

roly8
17-04-12, 17:30
what if you are those 80% work at home type?

babyworm
17-04-12, 23:33
what if you are those 80% work at home type?

Work at home or laze at home? :D
If so then a 24 hour supermarket and eateries within walking distance would be my number one priority.