PDA

View Full Version : JLD to launch tender for reserve list site

Pages : [1] 2

westman
16-04-12, 20:25
Is Capland the one promising minimum bid after the recent success at Bishan?

16 April 2012
URA to launch the tender for the Reserve List site
at Boon Lay Way (Jurong Gateway)
The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) announced today that it has accepted an application from a developer to put up the residential site at Boon Lay Way (Jurong Gateway) for sale by public tender.
The land parcel was made available for sale through the Reserve List system on 22 December 2011. URA received an application from a developer for the site to be put up for public tender. The developer committed to bid at a price of not less than $214,712,572 in the tender for the land parcel. As the minimum price committed by the developer is acceptable to the Government, the site will be released for sale by public tender.
In accordance with the procedures of the Reserve List system, URA is making public the minimum price committed for the site. However, the identity of the applicant will not be released. URA will launch the public tender for the site in about two weeks. The launch date will be announced later. The tender period for the land parcel will be about four weeks.
Details of the land parcel
With a site area of about 1.2 ha, the residential site will have a maximum permissible gross floor area (GFA) of 48,670 sqm and can potentially yield about 590 housing units.
The land parcel is located in Jurong Lake District,*which is envisioned to be Singapore’s largest regional hub outside the city centre, with a good mix of residential, office, retail, hotel, entertainment, food & beverage (F&B) and other complementary uses.
Details of the land parcel and its location plan are provided in *Annex 1 and Annex 2. More details on the land parcel are available on the URA website at http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/BoonLayJG/MA/BLay-intro(T).html

Allthepies
16-04-12, 20:27
yes:) buy before it creep even higher:)

westman
16-04-12, 20:29
yes:) buy before it creep even higher:)

Lakefront already selling between 1050 -1300psf. How high can JE land? Same as Bishan?

Allthepies
16-04-12, 21:04
Lakefront already selling between 1050 -1300psf. How high can JE land? Same as Bishan?

Je land is much better than lakefront, one and only one there, probably 1500psf and above... :D :D :D bishan is a lower league, very hard to compare:2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

westman
16-04-12, 21:13
Je land is much better than lakefront, one and only one there, probably 1500psf and above... :D :D :D bishan is a lower league, very hard to compare:2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

Oooi bro.. U high on beer izzit? Bishan is a lower league??? Xiao!!!!:scared-5:

Allthepies
16-04-12, 21:58
Oooi bro.. U high on beer izzit? Bishan is a lower league??? Xiao!!!!:scared-5:

Bishan is just like one of the many suburban places. :sleep: :sleep:

toufu
16-04-12, 22:30
mark my word

$2000psf for 1 bedder :cheers1:

hyenergix
16-04-12, 22:35
C how the economy performs next year when it is launched.

westman
16-04-12, 22:36
mark my word

$2000psf for 1 bedder :cheers1:

Tot bro allthepies high on beer!!! U high on liquor!!!:eek:

westman
16-04-12, 22:38
Bishan is just like one of the many suburban places. :sleep: :sleep:

Kns, like that confirm CM7!

Wild Falcon
17-04-12, 10:01
This one is triggered from reserved list... In short, some developer is very keen. There are more GLS released in the east (sengkang, punggol, pasir ris) than west. And far northwest is all nature and farms. So low supply might lead to more competitive bids.

Juniper
17-04-12, 10:29

Jurong East has a huge catchment of HDB estates, I am sure many HDB milllionaires in those area are waiting to pounce on this one.

The site is located right next to Hospital and 2 huge commercial site which will have MND as tenants plus with direct connection to MRT.

i wont be surprise that Capitaland will win this one and do a another HABITAT in Jurong East

rattydrama
17-04-12, 10:45
Jurong East & West dont have many private apartments around mostly HDBs. With JDL, I believed the psf price will creep higher or same as Bishan.

The plot next to lakefront is a mixed development :scared-5:

17-04-12, 11:01
Jurong East & West dont have many private apartments around mostly HDBs. With JDL, I believed the psf price will creep higher or same as Bishan.

source please

westman
17-04-12, 11:21

Huh? Tot that piece of land is in reserve status?

Juniper
17-04-12, 11:27

me too, no mentioned on mix commercial use leh.

rattydrama
17-04-12, 12:08

check the ura master plan. it was a residentail site and in Aug, 2010, changed to reserved list. Plot ratio was 3.5 and now dont know.

caspian plot ratio is 3 and lakefront is 3.5.

this one is 4.2 @ JLD.

Allthepies
17-04-12, 13:48
the JLD site seems to have some special requirements like

no multistorey carparks :D (is it trying to say no far east pls)
need to achieve platinum level for energy saving or something like that

yup 4.2, gg to be the highest in the area?

amk
17-04-12, 14:09

didn't notice that ! yes no FEO please :D

sounds tailor made for CDL man ! "platinum energy saving"...

rattydrama
17-04-12, 14:22

yup 4.2, gg to be the highest in the area?

there are 3 plots for commercial at plot ratio 7. some are 5.6 including GEM.

NO MSCP cos i think the land is small plus its not really nice to have MSCP in this area. This technical conditions on planning and urban design requirements is higher and I do expect only big player will tender.

Greenmark min is gold plus and not platinum.

setback from boundary line is 15m with 5m green buffer, with at least one row of trees.

subject to additional setback requirements from the NEWater pipe within the Land Parcel.

subject to setback requirements from the MRT tracks

see-through porosity of minimally 20% of the total length of the site frontage along Boon Lay Way

overall maximum height control of 150m Above Mean Sea Level (AMSL)

maximum of 25 storeys near the MRT viaducts

All service areas mechanical and electrical (M&E) equipment etc...should be well-screened

All servicing areas, including the ingress / egress to car parking spaces, passenger pick up / drop off points, taxi lay-bys, bin centres and loading / unloading areas are to be taken from internal driveways within the development

Multi-storey and open-air car parks are not allowed

The boundary fence of the development on the Land Parcel shall be porous

minimal Building and Construction Authority (BCA) Green Mark rating of GoldPlus.

westman
17-04-12, 14:50
Just read the project requirement and found developer has to include root top garden like bishan!

rattydrama
17-04-12, 16:15
Just read the project requirement and found developer has to include root top garden like bishan!

With so many restrictions/requirements to ensure the JDL landscape looks good, surely the design and construction cost will be more. hahah

westman
17-04-12, 16:22
With so many restrictions/requirements to ensure the JDL landscape looks good, surely the design and construction cost will be more. hahah

For sure.
Btw, while I like the location very much. I cannot imagine to get meself jam packed with the traffic there... Now already very packed, it will be worst when the whole JLD developed and matured....Maybe ERP to follow...

rattydrama
17-04-12, 20:02
For sure.
Btw, while I like the location very much. I cannot imagine to get meself jam packed with the traffic there... Now already very packed, it will be worst when the whole JLD developed and matured....Maybe ERP to follow...

maybe will have more roads and existing widen so it should not be too bad in the future. I feel that Lot one is alot of crowded as the walking space is narrow.

good and going to be better.:p

this project could reap about 1000 units of MM at 500sqft... and I guess developer will target for MM units at least 50% of the project.... haha.. its really walking distance to everywhere, hospital, wrt, mrt, shopping, skirting ring..... only bad thing is MRT is above ground should be noisy.. either road noise or track noise.... lagi must build MM units. LOL

Allthepies
17-04-12, 20:55
2500psf when fully developed. the one and only land parcel@jurong east. : )

westman
17-04-12, 22:50
maybe will have more roads and existing widen so it should not be too bad in the future. I feel that Lot one is alot of crowded as the walking space is narrow.

good and going to be better.:p

this project could reap about 1000 units of MM at 500sqft... and I guess developer will target for MM units at least 50% of the project.... haha.. its really walking distance to everywhere, hospital, wrt, mrt, shopping, skirting ring..... only bad thing is MRT is above ground should be noisy.. either road noise or track noise.... lagi must build MM units. LOL

I've checked the project requirement and found there would be a new road from boon lay way. Even withbthis new road (a short one) I think it would be challenging to drive there when fully developed.

westman
17-04-12, 22:52
2500psf when fully developed. the one and only land parcel@jurong east. : )

While it's one and only, I doubt it will hit 2.5k! Again, bro u very bull leh!

Poloclub
18-04-12, 00:08

If capitaland secure the site (which I think its most likely), 1700 is definitely possible.

westman
18-04-12, 07:22
If capitaland secure the site (which I think its most likely), 1700 is definitely possible.

If that happened, I cannot imagine what would be the Singapore PC landscape can be. Particularly when Jurong IS considered a "cheapo" by many in this forum.

Was thinking If JLD fetched 1700, PC at bishan/Tpy etc will be >2k as Jurong alway seem to lag behind most areas in SG.

It will be interesting to watch the Upcoming biddings..
Btw, I counted 11 lake brother projects at Jurong (not including Floravale at hong Kah north)

Ivory heights (around 600m from JE MRT, very good psf now but will expect $$$ to chiong soon)
Westmere (sandwich in between Ivory heights, location in-between JE and Chinese Garden MRT)
Parc Oasis (Near Chinese Garden)
The Mayfairs (within housing estate, need to talk feeder bus or slightly long distance if walk)
Lakeshore (Near Lakeside MRT)
Lakefront (Near Lakeside MRT)
Caspian (Near Lakeside MRT)
Parc Vista (Near Lakeside MRT)
Lakeholmz (Near Lakeside MRT)
Summerdale (Boon Lay with slightly long distance to walk)
The Centris (Boon Lay, beside MRT station, a little far out from the lake though)

Poloclub
18-04-12, 10:05
If that happened, I cannot imagine what would be the Singapore PC landscape can be. Particularly when Jurong IS considered a "cheapo" by many in this forum.

Was thinking If JLD fetched 1700, PC at bishan/Tpy etc will be >2k as Jurong alway seem to lag behind most areas in SG.

Btw, I counted 11 lake brother projects at Jurong (not including Floravale at hong Kah north)

Ivory heights (around 600m from JE MRT, very good psf now but will expect $$$ to chiong soon)
Westmere (sandwich in between Ivory heights, location in-between JE and Chinese Garden MRT)
The Mayfairs (within housing estate, need to talk feeder bus or slightly long distance if walk)
The Centris (Boon Lay, beside MRT station, a little far out from the lake though)

How this site will affect the price of the neighboring condos is still a question mark as buyer these days seems to favor anything new and trendy from new launches rather than location. Ultimately what buyers are looking for these days is products that differentiate themselves from the rest.

However what will certainly help to boost the prices for JLD condo will be the potential rental income when JLD complete in 5 to 10 years time.

Wild Falcon
18-04-12, 10:18
I think govt better start improving the connectivity to the west or else with the JLD developing, more homes, and govt agencies moving over, next time traffic jam jialat. The western part of SG is seriously underprovided in terms of connectivity. Just 1 MRT line and plus DTL2 (NW), still seriously under-serviced compared to the east with so many existing/upcoming MRT lines (4 lines - EW,NE, DTL3, ERL). And if govt think no need so much public transport in the west due to lower pop density, then at least build more roads.

Poloclub
19-04-12, 01:39

its not the one and only. If you look at the masterplan, there is still another plot of land next to it.

DaytonaSS
19-04-12, 02:02
The situation at AYE is like a heart vessel clog with alot of fats. Now building ALOT more condo along west coast and JE is like eating 2 BIG MAC a day. If AYE doesnt get an expansion plan, traffic @ JE , clement, Bonva vista exits are going to compound and get even worst.

Just put a ERP gentry at JE exit and entrance into AYE, GOVT will huat big time!! Dont forget West Coast, clementi Exit also, so can also help staglin get home faster.

hyenergix
19-04-12, 06:33
The situation at AYE is like a heart vessel clog with alot of fats. Now building ALOT more condo along west coast and JE is like eating 2 BIG MAC a day. If AYE doesnt get an expansion plan, traffic @ JE , clement, Bonva vista exits are going to compound and get even worst.

Just put a ERP gentry at JE exit and entrance into AYE, GOVT will huat big time!! Dont forget West Coast, clementi Exit also, so can also help staglin get home faster.

The morning jam at AYE towards city is attributed to the Buona Vista to Keppel due to the large number of heavy and medium vehicles using the land 2 and 3, leaving only lane 1 free for cars.

The evening jam at AYE toward Jurong is attributed to the Clementi Ave 6 area as many cars queue to enter the Bukit Batok area or PIE, which can be traced to the Bukit Timah stretch jam (currently being expanded).

An new MRT line would be nice as the EW line is congested.

sgp_condo
19-04-12, 08:11
its not the one and only. If you look at the masterplan, there is still another plot of land next to it.

Can share the link to the URA master plan? Does it reflect the latest GLA plan? I could not find it.

Thanks in adavance.

Poloclub
19-04-12, 10:15
Can share the link to the URA master plan? Does it reflect the latest GLA plan? I could not find it.

Thanks in adavance.

That plot is listed as reserve site in Yellow

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uramaps/

DaytonaSS
19-04-12, 11:17
The morning jam at AYE towards city is attributed to the Buona Vista to Keppel due to the large number of heavy and medium vehicles using the land 2 and 3, leaving only lane 1 free for cars.

The evening jam at AYE toward Jurong is attributed to the Clementi Ave 6 area as many cars queue to enter the Bukit Batok area or PIE, which can be traced to the Bukit Timah stretch jam (currently being expanded).

An new MRT line would be nice as the EW line is congested.

Evening jam seems to start after bukit Merah exit and comes crawling to snail speed all the way after JE. The massive expansion plan on jurong east and explosion of new condo along stretch of west coast is definately adding to the massive traffic build up. Need to add at least 1 more Lane both sides n expand to 3 exit lanes on the bottle neck exits.

Imagine major govt agency move to jurong east, we going to see massive usage on both pie n aye to get there. The current entry n exits points on aye are not enough to accumulate the traffic growth! We need angioplasty on AYE man

teddybear
20-04-12, 00:08
Didn't the gov ask you all to take the MRT and bus? If just because govt agency move to Jurong so they expand roads there means they shoot themselves in the foot? Govt agency move to Jurong but the Minister(s) in charge of the agency don't right? Traffic jams is even worse in Paya Lebar, think they need to expand roads in Paya Lebar first, since PL is nearer to existing City Centre than Jurong and it is meant to relieve the squeeze in current city centre... :beats-me-man:
Even with whatever angioplasty to mend the heart, the lung will have problems from all the micron particles from the heavy industries there! :doh:

Evening jam seems to start after bukit Merah exit and comes crawling to snail speed all the way after JE. The massive expansion plan on jurong east and explosion of new condo along stretch of west coast is definately adding to the massive traffic build up. Need to add at least 1 more Lane both sides n expand to 3 exit lanes on the bottle neck exits.

Imagine major govt agency move to jurong east, we going to see massive usage on both pie n aye to get there. The current entry n exits points on aye are not enough to accumulate the traffic growth! We need angioplasty on AYE man

DaytonaSS
20-04-12, 02:04
Didn't the gov ask you all to take the MRT and bus? If just because govt agency move to Jurong so they expand roads there means they shoot themselves in the foot? Govt agency move to Jurong but the Minister(s) in charge of the agency don't right? Traffic jams is even worse in Paya Lebar, think they need to expand roads in Paya Lebar first, since PL is nearer to existing City Centre than Jurong and it is meant to relieve the squeeze in current city centre... :beats-me-man:
Even with whatever angioplasty to mend the heart, the lung will have problems from all the micron particles from the heavy industries there! :doh:

Paya lebar is small proj, Jurong East is Big Proj. so must allocate resources to big proj.

rattydrama
21-04-12, 13:08
I think govt better start improving the connectivity to the west or else with the JLD developing, more homes, and govt agencies moving over, next time traffic jam jialat. The western part of SG is seriously underprovided in terms of connectivity. Just 1 MRT line and plus DTL2 (NW), still seriously under-serviced compared to the east with so many existing/upcoming MRT lines (4 lines - EW,NE, DTL3, ERL). And if govt think no need so much public transport in the west due to lower pop density, then at least build more roads.

roads and public transport system will surely be improved given time. its now the top of the must do list now.

sgp_condo
21-04-12, 13:16
That plot is listed as reserve site in Yellow

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uramaps/

Thank you, poloclub

rattydrama
21-04-12, 13:22
correct me if I am wrong cos I dont have data.

I think the size of the older projects are all very big, for example westmere and ivory heights are around 2000sqft. I guess the big quantum is difficult to bite due to cms.

the right size will be around 1000sqft or 700sqft for 2bedder for now. But I dont mean to say this is a liveable size.

there is still lack of small condo in this area. I will watch the land price closely.

caspian owners will have the last laugh. my fren was offered 960k for her 2bedder but she is not biting.

westman
21-04-12, 18:24
correct me if I am wrong cos I dont have data.

I think the size of the older projects are all very big, for example westmere and ivory heights are around 2000sqft. I guess the big quantum is difficult to bite due to cms.

the right size will be around 1000sqft or 700sqft for 2bedder for now. But I dont mean to say this is a liveable size.

there is still lack of small condo in this area. I will watch the land price closely.

caspian owners will have the last laugh. my fren was offered 960k for her 2bedder but she is not biting.

Yup, you are right. Not much of MM except at Caspian and Lakefront. The rest btw 1000-1500sqf.

Ivory Heights (formerly HUDC), size 1600-2000sqf
Westmere, size 1000-1500 (some ground or PH over 2000sqf)

CCR
24-04-12, 10:34
I think the successful bidder will get the site at max 750psf and sell for 1350 psf... possible?

CCR
24-04-12, 10:48
i just checked the masteplan...the whole JLD only one new plot earmarked for residential..... i think bidding will be really keen man.....

rattydrama
24-04-12, 19:57
I think the successful bidder will get the site at max 750psf and sell for 1350 psf... possible?

full of liquidity + so far west side not many projects. I am sure there are takers. Just like lakefront, high psf during launch but still sold out fast.

extremme
24-04-12, 22:21
Keppel bought LF at $499 n sold it at average $1,024 psf

extremme
24-04-12, 22:23
perhaps if it's capitaland it might be $800 psf with launch price of $1,400? With WT, BR and lastly SH pricing, the psychological barrier of paying above $1,200 psf for OCR seems to be broken

CCR
25-04-12, 15:29
If FEO or Capitaland win, sure pricing very high....

Seahill at ulu west coast rumoured to be asking for 1400 psf in the coming weeks when its launched

westman
30-04-12, 18:18
Based on minimum bid, it's $410psf. What your take?
I guess $650psf

URA launches the tender for the residential site
at Boon Lay Way (Jurong Gateway)
The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) has launched the residential site at Boon Lay Way (Jurong Gateway) for sale by public tender today.
The land parcel was made available for sale through the Reserve List system on 22 December 2011. On 16 April 2012, URA announced that it had received an application from a developer to put up the land parcel for tender. The developer has committed to bid at a price of not less than $214,712,572 for the land parcel in the public tender.
Details of the land parcel
With a site area of about 1.2 ha, the residential site will have a maximum permissible gross floor area (GFA) of 48,670 sqm and can potentially yield about 590 housing units.
The land parcel is located in Jurong Lake District,*which is envisioned to be Singapore’s largest regional hub outside the city centre, with a good mix of residential, office, retail, hotel, entertainment, food & beverage (F&B) and other complementary uses.

ay123
30-04-12, 18:21
$800~$850psf :D

rattydrama
30-04-12, 19:42
$800~$850psf :D

$720psf for land.

surfuz
05-05-12, 18:36

Where can the project requirement be found, URA website? Tks.

Ringo33
05-05-12, 20:37
most likely they will build service apartment cum condo.

The successful tenderer shall be required to develop the said land for a residential development for condominium or flats or serviced apartments or a combination of serviced apartments and either a condominium or flats (“the Development”) in accordance with the Building Agreement, these Conditions of Tender and the Technical Conditions of Tender. The Development shall be subject to the approval of the Authority and all relevant Competent Authorities.

teddybear
06-05-12, 00:07
1 thing can't be changed though - Jurong is the heart of all heavy industries. Didn't I mention about those micron particles emitted from heavy industries are major causes of lung cancer? I would never ever live in Jurong. :p

roads and public transport system will surely be improved given time. its now the top of the must do list now.

Ringo33
06-05-12, 00:20
1 thing can't be changed though - Jurong is the heart of all heavy industries. Didn't I mention about those micron particles emitted from heavy industries are major causes of lung cancer? I would never ever live in Jurong. :p

you should give up trying to talk like you know what you are saying because we all know that isnt true and you have nothing to back what you said.

perhaps the the underlying for such comments is because PC in places like jurong and punggol have became too expensive for you and you just couldnt afford it.

who knows, many you are just some lonely senior citizen dude living in some CCR HDB flats trying to give us all the pretentious bs about yourself.

buttercarp
06-05-12, 00:25

What about Punggol?
What if your immediate neighbour is a chain smoker?
Singapore is so small and densely populated.
Any solution to this problem?
Will hiding in air con room help to purify the air?

lajia
06-05-12, 01:17

Haha...such comment is a no no...

FYI, in case if you are not aware, Jurong West should be the 2nd largest populated residential town. So in other words, a lot of ppl will be breathing in those micron particles u mentioned. And a lot will have lung cancer?? And when the Jurong Lake district is up, it could be the largest commerical hub outside city...don't think anybody would be dumb to set this there if there is such a health risk.

extremme
06-05-12, 01:20
when is closing date of tender n when will results be available?

Ringo33
06-05-12, 07:32
when is closing date of tender n when will results be available?

All the details are here.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/BoonLayJG/Launch/BLay-intro%28L%29.html

lajia
06-05-12, 07:53
This could be another closely watch development which should set another all time high this year...:o

hyenergix
06-05-12, 08:39
Teddy was right. Please don't buy here. Let the developer die pain pain and slash prices by 50% :p

DKSG
06-05-12, 10:14
Teddy was right. Please don't buy here. Let the developer die pain pain and slash prices by 50% :p

Unless people wanna be responsible for other people's finances, NEVER ask people to buy or sell their properties. Everyone here is an adult, so they can gather the information themselves and make a decision for themselves.

You wont get create if you are right, they hamtam you when they dont like what you say.

But is there any evidence on the microns thing in Jurong ? Having a lot of people staying there has nothing to do with the microns.

DKSG

phantom_opera
06-05-12, 10:39
I think CM will come when this project sells at 1600psf

hyenergix
06-05-12, 10:51
Unless people wanna be responsible for other people's finances, NEVER ask people to buy or sell their properties. Everyone here is an adult, so they can gather the information themselves and make a decision for themselves.

You wont get create if you are right, they hamtam you when they dont like what you say.

But is there any evidence on the microns thing in Jurong ? Having a lot of people staying there has nothing to do with the microns.

DKSG

Dun buy! Let e price collapse n I will help them buy n verify if e microns thing is true.

teddybear
06-05-12, 12:06
Even in very evironmentally conscious countries like those in developed Europe, there are still reported health problems associated with being close to heavy industries, and these countries are standard developers/pioneers that subsequently Singapore follow, you can say that these micro particles from heavy industries do not cause health problem? (See articles below, particular effect on new borns & premature deaths).

DKSG

EU Targets Heavy Industry Emissions

Environmental ministers from the European Union have devised a plan to reduce industrial pollution by weaving together a patchwork of previous laws

By Leigh Phillips (http://www.businessweek.com/bios/Leigh_Phillips.htm)

The pollution curbs are expected to prevent 13,000 premature deaths annually that are related to industrial emissions, saving healthcare systems an estimated €7-28 billion.

teddybear
06-05-12, 12:18
Research so far has not concluded on how bad the risk are with prolonged residence near heavy industries, but studies show that there are real risks! Comprehensive studies are difficult because of getting sufficient sample sizes and over prolonged periods (as these effects will show over pro-longed periods, just like taking slow-poison).

Even in very evironmentally conscious countries like those in developed Europe, there are still reported health problems associated with being close to heavy industries, and these countries are standard developers/pioneers that subsequently Singapore follow, you can say that these micro particles from heavy industries do not cause health problem? (See articles below, particular effect on new borns & premature deaths).

EU Targets Heavy Industry Emissions

Environmental ministers from the European Union have devised a plan to reduce industrial pollution by weaving together a patchwork of previous laws

By Leigh Phillips (http://www.businessweek.com/bios/Leigh_Phillips.htm)

The pollution curbs are expected to prevent 13,000 premature deaths annually that are related to industrial emissions, saving healthcare systems an estimated €7-28 billion.

Originally Posted by DKSG

DKSG

Ringo33
06-05-12, 14:24
teddy please safe us from all that pointless quote lah. If you have statistic to show that people living in jurong area are more prone to lung cancer, then post it here for us to share.

Please spare us from turning this thread into another teddy CCR BS.

lajia
06-05-12, 15:42
Research so far has not concluded on how bad the risk are with prolonged residence near heavy industries, but studies show that there are real risks! Comprehensive studies are difficult because of getting sufficient sample sizes and over prolonged periods (as these effects will show over pro-longed periods, just like taking slow-poison).

haha, not sure if you realize how small is singapore. besides, if what you claim is true, then maybe u might also warn those in seletar, sembawang & punggol, etc...they are definitely very close to malaysia where they house a lot of heavy industries in pasir gudang and tanjung puteri area....look at the map and you will know :)

westman
06-05-12, 16:32

[/I]

Hey TB, thanks for the information. Btw, you may want to skip this topic as Jurong yet to have branded bag shops for you.

price
06-05-12, 19:00
teddy please safe us from all that pointless quote lah. If you have statistic to show that people living in jurong area are more prone to lung cancer, then post it here for us to share.

Someone once speculate that TeddyB = Mr B?

teddybear
06-05-12, 20:37
:tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3: go to find yourself!

teddybear
06-05-12, 20:39
It is a matter of which place is more polluted and carcinogenic than other places la

We are far away from the main source of pollution. If anything happened to the people who live nearby, we will know and still have time to take precautionary action.

haha, not sure if you realize how small is singapore. besides, if what you claim is true, then maybe u might also warn those in seletar, sembawang & punggol, etc...they are definitely very close to malaysia where they house a lot of heavy industries in pasir gudang and tanjung puteri area....look at the map and you will know :)

teddybear
06-05-12, 20:41
This is an open forum and hence everyone can come in and share their views about the place. :D

Hey TB, thanks for the information. Btw, you may want to skip this topic as Jurong yet to have branded bag shops for you.

teddybear
06-05-12, 20:50
I must say that person has poor judgement! Are you that person? :D

I am the bull and he is the bear and still can't make sound judgement from all my postings and Mr B's postings.:p

Someone once speculate that TeddyB = Mr B?

Allthepies
06-05-12, 21:04
i think land bid will be about 800psf :D regardless of the size of the particles :p

extremme
06-05-12, 22:12
All the details are here.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/BoonLayJG/Launch/BLay-intro%28L%29.html
thks will be interesting to see bid price at end of this month

CCR
08-05-12, 14:07
UE Riversuites bidded succesfully at 774 psf and now sold 200 units in one weekend close to 1400 psf...

So I think actually JLD site really might hit 800 psf.... not many sites there so got demand.... prob sell 1400 psf...

Ringo33
08-05-12, 14:21
UE Riversuites bidded succesfully at 774 psf and now sold 200 units in one weekend close to 1400 psf...

So I think actually JLD site really might hit 800 psf.... not many sites there so got demand.... prob sell 1400 psf...

this condo will be integrated with MRT interchange, but interchange, major shopping malls, offices buildings, hospital etc.

give it a luxury make over, some sexy marketing, i think $1500-1700psf no problem for this site.

ay123
08-05-12, 14:27
the IN thing now is property integrated with shopping mall and near MRT. furthermore this is so close to JLD development. you name it you can find it.....so will be fiercely contested

Ringo33
08-05-12, 14:54
the IN thing now is property integrated with shopping mall and near MRT. furthermore this is so close to JLD development. you name it you can find it.....so will be fiercely contested

what are the chances of developers turning this into a serviced apartments instead of condo?

phantom_opera
08-05-12, 15:00
what are the chances of developers turning this into a serviced apartments instead of condo?

Furniture mall to be converted into service apartment by UOL, Jurong East is too far

rattydrama
08-05-12, 16:00

So far only FEO will do that. But usually at established district such as D11 or D5 ... here??:beats-me-man: not yet.. so high chance should be residential.

rattydrama
08-05-12, 16:03
wow if can sell 1400psf, then the land cost can go as high as 900psf?? wow wow.. Jurong owner will be laughing all the way to the bank liao.

CCR
08-05-12, 20:25
Furniture mall to be converted into service apartment by UOL, Jurong East is too far

Ya i agree unlikely to be turned in serviced apartment as there are designated hotel sites at the science centre site. If Capitaland bid high high for it, I think they might integrate it with Westgate... not sure if they are too far apart though...

Ringo33
08-05-12, 20:39
Ya i agree unlikely to be turned in serviced apartment as there are designated hotel sites at the science centre site. If Capitaland bid high high for it, I think they might integrate it with Westgate... not sure if they are too far apart though...

the one x-factor which potentially can make a diffidence will be jurong hospital.

I think it will be the interest of MND to have a service apartment in JLD before they launch the hotel site for tender.

CCR
08-05-12, 22:19
Good point....

DaytonaSS
09-05-12, 01:36
Bid 850 psf sell $1200-1400 psf range plus 3% early bird. Designer package comes along to aid differentiation.

westman
09-05-12, 08:04
Bid 850 psf sell $1200-1400 psf range plus 3% early bird. Designer package comes along to aid differentiation.

Bid Land cost at $850 + $250 construction costs + 40% gross margin already hit $1540.

By the way, I noticed Lakefront's developer sales already hit $133x for some units. Lakefront has effectively sold since mar.

Referencing with Lakefront and assuming a 15% for premium location plus 10% for being newer by almost 2 year:

MM - $1700 psf
2 bedders - $1550 psf
3 bedders - $1400 psf

Assuming all 3 to be even shares, average would be $1550psf, I figure bid price would be in the range of $780-820psf

ay123
09-05-12, 09:38
Bid Land cost at $850 + $250 construction costs + 40% gross margin already hit $1540.

By the way, I noticed Lakefront's developer sales already hit $133x for some units. Lakefront has effectively sold since mar.

Referencing with Lakefront and assuming a 15% for premium location plus 10% for being newer by almost 2 year:

MM - $1700 psf
2 bedders - $1550 psf
3 bedders - $1400 psf

Assuming all 3 to be even shares, average would be $1550psf, I figure bid price would be in the range of $780-820psf

can construction cost be so low? probably $300~$350psf taken inflation into consideration. my guess land $800~$850 plus constructioon cost, average selling price at $1400psf :cheers1:

lajia
09-05-12, 09:55
if SH can be at S$1600-1700, then this one can also be that range or even higher...

1min walk to MRT and access to all shopping mall & IMM, coffee shops and central with banks and so on... 2min walk to hospital, 5min walk to science centre, 5min to lakeside central which they going to develop, 10min to NTU, 10min to NUS, 10min to Spore poly (3 station away), 10min to nee ann poly, 10min to bird park, 20min to orchard, etc, etc....

you think this is not location location location :D

above just my personal estimation :p

This is a diamond location...it just comes too late!!! :2cents:

price
09-05-12, 11:36
if SH can be at S$1600-1700, then this one can also be that range or even higher...

1min walk to MRT and access to all shopping mall & IMM, coffee shops and central with banks and so on... 2min walk to hospital, 5min walk to science centre, 5min to lakeside central which they going to develop, 10min to NTU, 10min to NUS, 10min to Spore poly (3 station away), 10min to nee ann poly, 10min to bird park, 20min to orchard, etc, etc....

Now IMM area also can be deemed as good location? how long does it take to travel to orchard by MRT? how often do u want to go to the science centre? :doh: how can this be compared with bishan..

teddybear
09-05-12, 11:42
SH surroundings no heavy industries and massive micron particles (cause of lung cancer). How to compare? Health and life more important or IMM shopping and science park more important? :p

Ringo33
09-05-12, 12:00
Now IMM area also can be deemed as good location? how long does it take to travel to orchard by MRT? how often do u want to go to the science centre? :doh: how can this be compared with bishan..

"Orchard" will be right at their door steps when all the malls are completed. H&M, Robinson etc are confirmed tenant.

westman
09-05-12, 12:02
SH surroundings no heavy industries and massive micron particles (cause of lung cancer). How to compare? Health and life more important or IMM shopping and science park more important? :p

Guessed you have not been to JE for quite a while.
A summary on location:

Heavy industry, nope, nearest at penjuru/benoi and tuas area, both not near. Just incase you have not been to tuas, it's almost as far as TPY from Jurong.
Business park, yes
Park 500m away beside Science centre
Hotel, coming soon, about 600m away
Shopping centres, 100m away with two coming
MRT, 75m away
Future Bus interchange, 20m away

lajia
09-05-12, 13:07
A summary on location:

Heavy industry, nope, nearest at penjuru/benoi and tuas area, both not near. Just incase you have not been to tuas, it's almost as far as TPY from Jurong.
Business park, yes
MRT, 75m away

exactly...those who say JE very far I not sure far from where? from airport? or Orchard as centre? But anyway, just for discussion purposes...and what does Bishan has that is so called good location? to city?? I have not been to city so often to be frank...

teddybear
09-05-12, 13:15
That is strange. So I check:
1) From Jurong East MRT station to Panjuru Road = 1.56 km.
2) From Jurong East MRT station to Toa Payoh MRT station = 11.85 km.
3) From Panjuru Road to Toa Payoh MRT station = 12.46 km.

We know Jurong Island is the "mother" of all heavy industries in Singapore! So let's take there as reference:
1) From Jurong Island to Jurong East MRT station = 5.74 km.
2) From Jurong Island to Toa Payoh MRT station = 15.95 km.

So how you get your conclusion? Could I say they are a bunch of lies since they are not true, in fact far from true as I quoted above? :banghead:

A summary on location:

Business park, yes
MRT, 75m away

teddybear
09-05-12, 13:19
That is Ok. Think I have been to Jurong East only once in my life time till now. :D

exactly...those who say JE very far I not sure far from where? from airport? or Orchard as centre? But anyway, just for discussion purposes...and what does Bishan has that is so called good location? to city?? I have not been to city so often to be frank...

phantom_opera
09-05-12, 13:29
How many here bought lakefront?

rattydrama
09-05-12, 14:23
Perhaps with the requirements, the construction cost could be more. no mscp, max 150m height MSL longish site layout …

I tot you mentioned 650psf for land cost previously?
:p

MM - $1700 psf
2 bedders - $1550 psf
3 bedders - $1400 psf

rattydrama
09-05-12, 14:30
How many here bought lakefront?

ard 629 or less. they read but dont response to your call. :spliff:

Lilyput
09-05-12, 16:42
With the coming increase in population at the area, there will be more people acting as biological filter for the "massive micron particles". So there should be a nett reduction in total "massive micron particles" and hence a corresponding increase in prices??

:beats-me-man:

westman
09-05-12, 19:14
Perhaps with the requirements, the construction cost could be more. no mscp, max 150m height MSL longish site layout …

I tot you mentioned 650psf for land cost previously?
:p

Change my view after doing some calculation. Am concerned as bioing the project.

extremme
09-05-12, 23:09
Change my view after doing some calculation. Am concerned as bioing the project.
thot u beowing ivory heights? if want to buy ivory ht must buy fast.. wait e land bid close at $800 psf or above , domino effect to all Jurong ppty

CCR
09-05-12, 23:17
ard 629 or less. they read but dont response to your call. :spliff:

Cannot be 600+ lah.... bendeemer site already 774 liao.. and its beside a long kang... really long kang ah... not river :)

westman
09-05-12, 23:27
thot u beowing ivory heights? if want to buy ivory ht must buy fast.. wait e land bid close at $800 psf or above , domino effect to all Jurong ppty

Yes, I am but Ivory Heights price already chiong high now...:banghead:
Need alot of Vitamin M wor.

westman
09-05-12, 23:29
Cannot be 600+ lah.... bendeemer site already 774 liao.. and its beside a long kang... really long kang ah... not river :)

Bro, Ratty is referring to no. of units at Lakefron. not land costs :)

surfuz
09-05-12, 23:42
Any estimation of when the property will be launched once land is tendered (assuming not service apartment?) Coz noticed developers tend to launch fast these days.

rattydrama
10-05-12, 00:03
Any estimation of when the property will be launched once land is tendered (assuming not service apartment?) Coz noticed developers tend to launch fast these days.

Earliest is nine month, this one at least a year later?

rattydrama
10-05-12, 00:13

Now the trend is go small and new... Too lazy to clean house and getting maid troublesome n expensive going forward.

With all the CMs, ssd, absd 40% dp make more sense to buy small units... Cannot sell within 4 yrs rent out collect rental and wait for time to pass. Worst case, own stay when getting old.

CCR
10-05-12, 13:47

Ivory where got cheong? still 650+/- psf only right?
the land cost outside will be worth more than that...

Plus personally I think Ivory site better.... one end is near to Jurong gateway, the other end is near to Chinese Garden...

Right smack in the middle

Ringo33
10-05-12, 14:40

Plus personally I think Ivory site better.... one end is near to Jurong gateway, the other end is near to Chinese Garden...

I think Ivory height site is indeed great. but I think its too massive for enbloc unless they can break it into smaller plots.

westman
10-05-12, 17:13

When I start monitoring IH, it was around 560++. Now already up and the more I wait, the higher it goes... Kinda of missed the boat again for me.

Yup, I agreed with you IH site is better as it's right in the middle of CBD and yet near to park too. Also, it's a distance away from MRT tracks...

CCR
10-05-12, 17:59
When I start monitoring IH, it was around 560++. Now already up and the more I wait, the higher it goes... Kinda of missed the boat again for me.

Yup, I agreed with you IH site is better as it's right in the middle of CBD and yet near to park too. Also, it's a distance away from MRT tracks...

aiyoh... 560 to 650 only 90 psf...
When they launch the new site it will prob sell for 1450psf? then IH will easily command 850psf? thats quite conservative right?

You still can make 200 psf x 1700 sqft = 340 k... :scared-1:

CCR
10-05-12, 18:01
I think Ivory height site is indeed great. but I think its too massive for enbloc unless they can break it into smaller plots.

No need to enbloc also can make at least 200 psf....

And it will definitely go enbloc coz no land there for condo liao...

Look at waterfront collection at bedok.... they can do exactly the same thing... the only worry is whether the residents there realistic or not...

wait ask for 1k psf land price haha

westman
10-05-12, 18:16
aiyoh... 560 to 650 only 90 psf...
When they launch the new site it will prob sell for 1450psf? then IH will easily command 850psf? thats quite conservative right?

You still can make 200 psf x 1700 sqft = 340 k... :scared-1:

Have tot of that but lack confident on 2015 and beyond... :o

extremme
10-05-12, 21:01
wait for strike toto for vitamin m

CCR
11-05-12, 13:31
Have tot of that but lack confident on 2015 and beyond... :o

Buy now and sell in early 2016... catch the up cycle...
by then all the amenities would have be completed and you will get many buyers wanting to enjoy the good life there... Big Malls, Big Parks, Bi science centre, Nice offices nearby....

ay123
11-05-12, 15:38
by then all the amenities would have be completed and you will get many buyers wanting to enjoy the good life there... Big Malls, Big Parks, Bi science centre, Nice offices nearby....

landlease's mall will be ready next year which is very fast.

neuron
11-05-12, 16:41
anyone know what happen to the lakeside village? when will science centre move to chinese garden?

ay123
11-05-12, 16:47
anyone know what happen to the lakeside village? when will science centre move to chinese garden?

science centre move was delayed due to funding. lakeside village should be 2nd phase in JLD development. if not caspian & lakefront owner will huat until....:D :D :D :D :D

CCR
11-05-12, 23:17
science centre move was delayed due to funding. lakeside village should be 2nd phase in JLD development. if not caspian & lakefront owner will huat until....:D :D :D :D :D

WhEre did you find the news that science centre delayed?

rattydrama
14-05-12, 14:48

or better to buy CCK or BT Batok area since the prices are on the catch up?

rattydrama
14-05-12, 14:49
WhEre did you find the news that science centre delayed? it was in the news about a year ago. yes delayed for at least another 2-3 years off my memory. this original site wil have to give way to other developments.

Wild Falcon
14-05-12, 15:30
Bukit Batok and Hillview actually fetch slight premium to Jurong. In fact, I'm surprised that prices there is actually higher than same Jurong development of the same age. Bukit Batok The Jade 950+psf and older Hillview FH >1000psf. These are old 10 year old developments. New launch in Hillview around $1400psf (Lanai, Hiller, Natura). So not playing catching up at all. Maybe can try CCK.

or better to buy CCK or BT Batok area since the prices are on the catch up?

rattydrama
14-05-12, 19:15
Bukit Batok and Hillview actually fetch slight premium to Jurong. In fact, I'm surprised that prices there is actually higher than same Jurong development of the same age. Bukit Batok The Jade 950+psf and older Hillview FH >1000psf. These are old 10 year old developments. New launch in Hillview around $1400psf (Lanai, Hiller, Natura). So not playing catching up at all. Maybe can try CCK.

Jade price is due to proximity to MRT and West Mall, this translates to higher price tag. Rental income not a problem hence buyer willing to pay more.

Ya, CCK seems lagging behind. Yep vested in CCK n paying lower than the land price of this plot, quite confidently.

In fact I am looking at Bt Batok now. CMs pls come!!

westman
15-05-12, 07:41
Jade price is due to proximity to MRT and West Mall, this translates to higher price tag. Rental income not a problem hence buyer willing to pay more.

Ya, CCK seems lagging behind. Yep vested in CCK n paying lower than the land price of this plot, quite confidently.

That the one!!!

Lol

ay123
15-05-12, 09:27

why no one mention about the MRT noise when Jade is super near the track and station??? but so much comment on caspian

rattydrama
15-05-12, 10:40
why no one mention about the MRT noise when Jade is super near the track and station??? but so much comment on caspian Perhaps Jade view is far better.

CCR
15-05-12, 11:37
I think if you compare Centris to Jade... both near a mall and MRT...

But why are prices of Centris 20% higher?
I think the size and attractiveness of the mall is important...
Jurong point much bigger..

If Centris is 1150psf then the new site at Jurong East MRT should be selling at what price? 1450psf?

extremme
28-05-12, 17:46
tender closes tmr!! when will the results be known? quite keen to see how this one pans out...

CCR
28-05-12, 22:47
788 psf..... anyone think it will be higher?

I went to Seahill today... high floors selling for 1700psf :o all low floors taken.... OMG

RE_Owner
29-05-12, 01:30

I went to Seahill today... high floors selling for 1700psf :o all low floors taken.... OMG
My guess 900psf

westman
29-05-12, 07:33
750PSF, potentially higher if Liew's comment of "shoebox almost inhuman" did not surfaced.

Somehow, I was wondering whether this comment it's intended to to be a smoke screen to help capland wins the bidding. Timing just right to smoke their competitors as they might think capland is not going to bid high!

Allthepies
29-05-12, 07:48

yup high chance it can be higher given its strategic location compared to all recent launches of 1500psf in this area.

Allthepies
29-05-12, 07:56
with the sucessul launch of this site, im lookling forwards to the release of the third and final white site.last white site sold at 1000psf, this third white site 1500psf? : )

westman
29-05-12, 08:08
with the sucessul launch of this site, im lookling forwards to the release of the third and final white site.last white site sold at 1000psf, this third white site 1500psf? : )

White site may not. However, I think the former JE bus interchange land may be launched soon... Are we seeing another Jurong point style shopping mall + residential + bus interchange coming?

ay123
29-05-12, 11:16
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2012/pr12-53.html

hotel site released for JLD development. Jurong development really heat up now.... more to come :cheers3:

lajia
29-05-12, 11:25
the residential development here will set new record...:2cents:
this is going to be the 2nd largest commercial hub outside CBD...with hotels in such area, shopping, commercial activities, hospital, recreational area.....

wa :scared-4: ... which region now is going to be like that?? Things are not up yet and many are quite sceptical because it is beyond their imagination.

just my opinion...;)

phantom_opera
29-05-12, 12:16
The next MBS here? Huat 100x

Allthepies
29-05-12, 13:44
huat ah :D:D:D:D:D:D

westman
29-05-12, 14:22
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2012/pr12-53.html

hotel site released for JLD development. Jurong development really heat up now.... more to come :cheers3:

In the announcement, it mentioned "First hotel site"...
Are we expecting more than one?

CCR
29-05-12, 14:42
White site may not. However, I think the former JE bus interchange land may be launched soon... Are we seeing another Jurong point style shopping mall + residential + bus interchange coming?

Confirmed liao..... the masterplan for JLD already stated that there will be integrated aircon interchange at Jurong East.... how can JLD so nice then the interchange so lousy lol..... so I think that white site will be like Nex and Jurong point..... then i think the land price can be 1200 psf ppr

CCR
29-05-12, 14:44
the residential development here will set new record...:2cents:
this is going to be the 2nd largest commercial hub outside CBD...with hotels in such area, shopping, commercial activities, hospital, recreational area.....

wa :scared-4: ... which region now is going to be like that?? Things are not up yet and many are quite sceptical because it is beyond their imagination.

just my opinion...;)

Actuallyou are quite right..... most singaporean will only hop on the bandwagon when it happens.... coz so far no prior experience on how a 2nd CBD will look like....

And looking at all the plans for the mall, they are all quite up market and unique, so prob will be better than tampines central..

ay123
29-05-12, 17:10
ANNEX A
LAND PARCEL AT BOON LAY WAY (JURONG GATEWAY)

1 MCL Land Limited 369,388,000.00 7,589.64
2 EL Development Pte Ltd 369,100,000.00 7,583.73
3 Sing Holdings Limited and Maxdin Pte. Ltd. 369,010,000.00 7,581.88

$705psf.....selling at least $1200psf

phantom_opera
29-05-12, 17:15
ANNEX A

still below 8RS bid price max 1.3kpsf for MM

United Engineers Developments Pte Ltd $543,000,888
$8,332.87

phantom_opera
29-05-12, 17:22
Looks like the bid already factoring in the following:

THE LAKEFRONT RESIDENCES LAKESIDE DRIVE Condominium 1 650,000 495 Strata 1,313psf May-12

CASPIAN LAKESIDE DRIVE Condominium 1 626,888 463 Strata 1,354psf May-12

Expect 30% of project is MMs at 450sqft :D

ay123
29-05-12, 17:24
surprise Capitaland did not bid. no bullet or kena burn by SH. MCL is gaining more presence in Spore. they seem to have very rich backup in china

dtrax
29-05-12, 17:25
Looks like the bid already factoring in the following:

THE LAKEFRONT RESIDENCES LAKESIDE DRIVE Condominium 1 650,000 495 Strata 1,313psf May-12

CASPIAN LAKESIDE DRIVE Condominium 1 626,888 463 Strata 1,354psf May-12

Expect 30% of project is MMs at 450sqft :D

I SCREAM ICE-CREAM!
haha if really sellin 1.2k psf quite value for money considering 4malls 1mrt, 1 hospital + potential 2nd cbd.. but they need to fix that insane mrt peak hr jam.. even free ice-cream also cant save them

ay123
29-05-12, 17:28
lakefront bought land at 499psf sell at average 1100. this land at 705psf probably sell at average 1300. if 1000sf size at 1200psf quite a good buy. lets wait!!!

DKSG
29-05-12, 17:31
I SCREAM ICE-CREAM!
haha if really sellin 1.2k psf quite value for money considering 4malls 1mrt, 1 hospital + potential 2nd cbd.. but they need to fix that insane mrt peak hr jam.. even free ice-cream also cant save them

Why u must scream for Ice Cream ?

$1,200 psf is the "I wish it will be sold at this price" price.

$705 land price, construction add $400 psf, break even is like $1,150 psf.

They must be looking at $1,450.

They probably have to name this : Heaven Habitat!

Huat Ah !!!

CCR
29-05-12, 17:41
Surprised FEO never win....
And even more surprising.... EL Development so close to being number one....

MCL doesnt build MM right?

So 705+350 = 1050 psf +25% profit = at least 1300 psf...

If they ever price it at 1200 psf then confirm sold out in one weekend lol...

Centris, Lakefront Residence alr 1100 psf liao...

If this one 1200 its a steal man!!!! Or should we wait for 2015 50% discount? 650 psf?

dtrax
29-05-12, 17:46
Surprised FEO never win....
And even more surprising.... EL Development so close to being number one....

MCL doesnt build MM right?

So 705+350 = 1050 psf +25% profit = at least 1300 psf...

If they ever price it at 1200 psf then confirm sold out in one weekend lol...

Centris, Lakefront Residence alr 1100 psf liao...

If this one 1200 its a steal man!!!! Or should we wait for 2015 50% discount? 650 psf?

i think confirm will sell out one if 1.2k psf, that area I dont think have any recent new launch for many many yrs. So many upgraders, HDB all fully paid or their gen Y chewren staying near parents/getting married soon plus so many mallssss. even ice-cream fall from heaven also cant save them from the lure of Jurong Residences lol!

ikan bilis
29-05-12, 17:46
ANNEX A

all the bid price so near, all S$369mil... got kelong one izit??.. :D

lajia
29-05-12, 17:49
If today caspian & lakefront can transact at >1300PSF, don't dream that it is going to be even near 1400. Bearing any unforeseen circumstances, it will be more than that...pricing is always forward projection and if they are selling anything below 1300...then u better stay away as they might think of clearing fast which doesn't look good on the situation. My take...;)

phantom_opera
29-05-12, 17:51
If today caspian & lakefront can transact at >1300PSF, don't dream that it is going to be even near 1400. Bearing any unforeseen circumstances, it will be more than that...pricing is always forward projection and if they are selling anything below 1300...then u better stay away as they might think of clearing fast which doesn't look good on the situation. My take...;)

it depends on how MM you want to go

441sqft X 1350psf = 600k
400sqft X 1500psf = 600k
350sqft X 1700psf = 600k

Homes for JE Hobbits ... :D

CCR
29-05-12, 18:01
MCL dont build MM.... you so sure got MM?

rattydrama
29-05-12, 20:00
$720psf for land.

it is just $705 psf, seems I am over Optimistic. Maybe the CM & design to cost more. Market is always right.

rattydrama
29-05-12, 20:05
surprise Capitaland did not bid. no bullet or kena burn by SH. MCL is gaining more presence in Spore. they seem to have very rich backup in china MCL delisted themselves and I think they dont have many projects on hand. Die die must bid.

rattydrama
29-05-12, 20:07
lakefront bought land at 499psf sell at average 1100. this land at 705psf probably sell at average 1300. if 1000sf size at 1200psf quite a good buy. lets wait!!!

there are quite a few criteria for this development so I guess the development cost wont be cheap. MSCP is out.

phantom_opera
29-05-12, 20:07
rattydrama you are pretty accurate, all top 3 bids all around 700psf, I was thinking like 650psf same as price paid for Ang Mo Kio Centro Residences last time

if this falls into hands of Far East ... it will be another Centro Residences:

CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,512,200 904 Strata 1,672psf May-12

rattydrama
29-05-12, 20:11
MCL dont build MM.... you so sure got MM?nothing is forever, here lacks of MM anyway. 1000 units of 500sqft MM...hor hor hor but better be fast strike while the irons is hot ..... seems like all big players are not bidding the land, stuck with high end projects still or scare of euro crisis?

rattydrama
29-05-12, 20:13
rattydrama you are pretty accurate, all top 3 bids all around 700psf, I was thinking like 650psf same as price paid for Ang Mo Kio Centro Residences last time

if this falls into hands of Far East ... it will be another Centro Residences:

CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,512,200 904 Strata 1,672psf May-12

the last time I commented about woodhaven and I was pretty near too! less than 45x psf ppr :D :D Far East more keen to unlash their remaining units now!!

JE is more promising than centro.

extremme
29-05-12, 20:30
Ooooo... $705 psf doesn't seem very high? n no big name players.. is it sign of Mkt slowing down? capland, where r u when we need u to bring up e price of dis proj?

If LF already transact $1.2k psf and if global Econ conditions doesn't crash, this will launch at least $1.4k psf

hyenergix
29-05-12, 20:40
Many 99LH mass market non-MM units higher than $1300 psf recently seem to b a lot slower in sales than expected. If this one were non-MM, then prob ard this psf. If MM, then prob can hit $1600 psf easily. Likely to b MM or compact type.

yjcai
29-05-12, 20:41
1.4k psf. I think also people will jus mad rush in. I don't know

Poloclub
29-05-12, 20:47
My guess is that MCL will split this project into 2 blocks with 50% residential and 50% service apartment

For residential condo they will price it at the top end of the market at around $1500-$1600 for 3 bedder and $1700-1800psf for studio or 1 bedder units.

With MND, BCA and Jurong Hospital around, I am sure there will be a market for service apartment.

dtrax
29-05-12, 20:48
1.4k psf. I think also people will jus mad rush in. I don't know

1400psf x800sqft 2rm - not too M nor too regular. 1.1mil almost 1rm CBD. soooo value for money

rattydrama
29-05-12, 20:55
lakefront was priced high when launch and it took 2 years to sell.

land: 499, 2bedder S$1200psf..u think 1400psf..entry price or low flow unit bah!! special buy for 1st buyer facing bin center or transformer room. :D :D

for this location developer will try to command a premium price.

this could be the last plot in Jurong East base on master plan 08

dtrax
29-05-12, 20:59

land: 499, 2bedder S$1200psf..u think 1400psf..entry price or low flow unit bah!! special buy for 1st buyer facing bin center or transformer room. :D :D

I think we should not discuss this too openly, for all you know developer's got staff with condosg account. They carry out focus groups and surveys.. this is the best place where they can get genuine indicative how much we are willing to be caitao

Poloclub
29-05-12, 21:20

For this project to sell, it must be expensive so that neighboring apartment will get a boost. I reckon this project will be the equivalent of Orchard Residences in JLD and it will become the most expensive apartment in the entire Jurong district for many many years to come.

august
29-05-12, 21:37
nothing is forever, here lacks of MM anyway. 1000 units of 500sqft MM...hor hor hor but better be fast strike while the irons is hot ..... seems like all big players are not bidding the land, stuck with high end projects still or scare of euro crisis?

the area no MMs but got no shortage of HDBs around that will pose challenge to rental.

CCR
29-05-12, 23:28
so guys please vote...

MM 1600 psf will you buy?
Non MM 1400 psf will you buy?

dtrax
29-05-12, 23:38
so guys please vote...

-if MM at 500k will be attractive enough [i.e Jurong Residences, LH MM 500k > Alexis, FH 700k ]. If >580-600k abit hard to swallow. Entry price too high liao based on current market price

-If non MM 1.4k psf, I will start looking at ivory height selling at 50% discount lol...

CCR
30-05-12, 09:48
If they market at 1400psf then I am sure Ivory height owners will sell at at least 800 psf....

so 1400 psf too high? and some forummers say 1200 psf too low sure sell out... so 1300psf lah lol...

ay123
30-05-12, 10:00
MCL very lucky to outbid the others with marginal win. they can easily make $400psf profit for this plot.

phantom_opera
30-05-12, 10:03
MM is quantum game, 400sqft 1500psf only 600k mah cheap cheap for 2nd CBD lah ... once 2nd CBD up, wait till it hits 2500psf like UP@Robertson then you regret not buying

http://sshin925.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/up_the_movie_russel.jpg

BTW ST reported high inflation for another 3y, so starting from 2006, my gut feel:

2006 5%
2007 6%
2008 8%
2010 5%
2011 6%
2012 6%
2013 6%
2014 6%

50% inflation, $1 bread become $1.50, 800psf becomes 1200psf :scared-2: so the land bid of 705psf is no surprise :eek:

DC33_2008
30-05-12, 10:08
Will not bite with such a high proportion of hdb flats to PCs even though with lake, business centre, entertainment centre. Malaysian will bite.
so guys please vote...

lajia
30-05-12, 10:57
Will not bite with such a high proportion of hdb flats to PCs even though with lake, business centre, entertainment centre. Malaysian will bite.

it all depends....relatively new condo & landed are rare in D22. There are a lot of upgrader or Gen XYZ waiting to upgrade in this area which are near to their parents...most LH99 condo & landed are almost more than 10 yrs old (except Lakeshore, Lakefront & Caspian). If you buy now, lots of potential as in 10 yrs times, your new condo/landed only 10yrs old but your surrounding all going to cross 20yrs min...;)

or you rather buy in places like D17 as in Loyang area where there are lots of condo and buyers are spoilted with choices...:2cents: (I'm not saying that it is bad there, all based on personal preferences...)

my personal opinion :p

Poloclub
30-05-12, 10:59
MCL Land narrowly tops Jurong Gateway tender

Tender price was just 0.08% more than the next highest bidder

IN one of the tightest races at a land tender, MCL Land yesterday edged out its closest rival by just 0.08 per cent or 55 cents per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) to emerge as the highest bidder for a plum 99-year leasehold condo site near Jurong East MRT Station.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority tender drew 12 bids, attesting to the huge potential developers see in the Jurong Gateway precinct, which is shaping into a major suburban commercial hub with offices, shopping malls and recreational facilities.

MCL bid $369.388 million or $705.10 psf ppr. This was $288,000 more than the $369.1 million or $704.55 psf ppr offered by the second highest bidder, EL Development.

The top bid is the highest for a 99-year private housing site site offered under the Government Land Sales (GLS) Programme in Outside Central Region, said Credo Real Estate executive director Ong Teck Hui.

Yesterday's tender also marks the fifth time since the beginning of last year that a GLS private housing plot has fetched a top bid exceeding $700 psf ppr - after CapitaLand's Sky Habitat site in Bishan, United Engineers' Eight Riversuites plot in Bendemeer, an Alexandra Road plot bagged by City Developments and a Jervois Road plot bought by Singapore Land.

Market watchers noted the top four bids at yesterday's tender were in a tight range. MCL's top bid was 0.08 per cent above EL Development's price, 0.1 per cent above the third highest bid (by a Sing Holdings-Maxdin joint venture) and 1.2 per cent above the fourth highest bid (from a Singapore Land-UOL tie-up).

The land parcel can be developed into either a condominium, or flats and/or serviced apartments. MCL chief executive Koh Teck Chuan said that although serviced apartments are allowed, "quite likely we'll do a full condo project".

The group's proposed scheme involves a part 25-storey and part 38-storey development with close to 600 residential units. The bulk of the apartments will be one and two-bedroom units, although there will be some three and four-bedders. BT understands MCL Land's breakeven cost could be around $1,100 psf and market watchers would not be surprised to see MCL prepared to sell the project at about $1,300 psf on average.

SLP International managing director Peter Ow said: "If they have a lot of two-bedders and one-bedders, they probably can achieve about $1,500 psf on average for the project."

"This is really an area with a lot of potential, with shopping malls, offices and is earmarked as a business hub; it's also near an MRT station," he added.

SLP executive director Nicholas Mak had predicted a top bid of $620-680 psf ppr for the site when it was launched for tender in late April.

CBRE executive director Li Hiaw Ho said the number and quantum of bids reflected developers' confidence that there will be strong demand for private housing in this location. "Although this is the third site in Jurong Gateway to be put up for tender, it will be the first residential plot to be sold," he added.

It is within walking distance to Jurong East MRT Station and bus interchange. Two malls nearby, Jem and Westgate, are currently under construction and will be completed in 2013 and 2014 respectively. Ng Teng Fong Hospital and Ng Teng Fong Community Hospital, also under construction, are located close by, Mr Li added.

Yesterday's tender saw participation from a gamut of developers, including a rare appearance at a state land tender by Wheelock Properties (Singapore). Its unit, Orchard Properties, bid about $672 psf ppr. In the 1990s, the group, formerly known as Marco Polo Developments, developed Parc Oasis condo near Chinese Garden MRT Station - one stop away from the plot tendered yesterday.

The latest site was triggered from the Government's reserve list after successful application by an unnamed party that undertook to bid at least $409.85 psf ppr.

At yesterday's tender, CapitaLand unit Areca Investment bid about $620 psf ppr, while Overseas Union Enterprise's OUE Reef Development offered $593 psf ppr. City Developments partnered TID Residential for a $534 psf ppr bid, the third lowest.

A tie-up between Far East Organization's listed vehicle Orchard Parade Holdings, Sekisui House of Japan, and China Construction offered $523 psf ppr. Vantage Properties, controlled by Lim Kim Hong and Lim Huixing, was the lowest bidder, at $479.12 psf ppr.

roly8
30-05-12, 11:19
$1,500 psf in OCR... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

lajia
30-05-12, 11:22
$1,500 psf in OCR... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

time to look at the landed in D22....lots of potential i believe when the commerical hub turn full steam and rental mkt heated up....demand should increase especially there is only a handful of landed in this area. upgrading demand + rental = HUAT AH!!!:p

roly8
30-05-12, 11:23
look like singapore property is one way up until the same level like hongkong & japan liao..

jin evil:simmering:

DC33_2008
30-05-12, 11:24
99LH landed Not for me.:(
time to look at the landed in D22....lots of potential i believe when the commerical hub turn full steam and rental mkt heated up....demand should increase especially there is only a handful of landed in this area. upgrading demand + rental = HUAT AH!!!:p

Poloclub
30-05-12, 11:32

Dont limit yourself to D22, can also look at D5 also or Faber area.
Its only 2km from JE MRT station and most are FH or 999.

lajia
30-05-12, 11:39
99LH landed Not for me.:(

there are FH one if you have the bullet...as i said, limited...

lajia
30-05-12, 11:41
Dont limit yourself to D22, can also look at D5 also or Faber area.
Its only 2km from JE MRT station and most are FH or 999.

yes, u look at the price and needless for me to say anymore :p

DC33_2008
30-05-12, 11:44
Why buy FH landed properties there unless one would like to chocolate aroma and chemical? Buy closer to town.
there are FH one if you have the bullet...as i said, limited...

Poloclub
30-05-12, 11:47
with all the happening around JLD, I think it will be a matter of time that government will have to build a new network around JLD. I think it will be good if they could link NTU with JLD and NUS

phantom_opera
30-05-12, 11:48
So MCL Land is now building MMs??

"The bulk of the apartments will be one and two-bedroom units"

Interestingly FEO is bidding 5XXpsf ... around the same for Bedok South plot they won so all the big boys like FEO, Hong Leong, CAPL are now more conservative

Poloclub
30-05-12, 11:49
Why buy FH landed properties there unless one would like to chocolate aroma and chemical? Buy closer to town.

2km away from JLD, will it make a difference at all?

DC33_2008
30-05-12, 11:52
D5 has pulau bukom.

Poloclub
30-05-12, 11:52

Interestingly FEO is bidding 5XXpsf ... around the same for Bedok South plot they won so all the big boys like FEO, Hong Leong, CAPL are now more conservative

I think the big boys usually prefer to take on a transformation role because that is were you can make huge profit out of it. For Hong Leong, I think they are stuck with South Beach project, maybe no more ammunition.

Poloclub
30-05-12, 11:53
D5 has pulau bukom.

look around the hong leong garden area. I think that is the closest freehold or 999 site to JLD.

DC33_2008
30-05-12, 11:56
Southbeach is coming along with strong foundations (two big core with multiple boreholes). Likely to market it when substructure is completed.
I think the big boys usually prefer to take on a transformation role because that is were you can make huge profit out of it. For Hong Leong, I think they are stuck with South Beach project, maybe no more ammunition.

Poloclub
30-05-12, 12:09
Southbeach is coming along with strong foundations (two big core with multiple boreholes). Likely to market it when substructure is completed.

The ABSD on foreigners really have a big impact on this project. Not sure if they will shrink the unit size to cater for locals.

hyenergix
30-05-12, 13:50
look around the hong leong garden area. I think that is the closest freehold or 999 site to JLD.

It is less than 5 min drive to Jurong East central plus many direct buses also :D

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
30-05-12, 15:32

MM NEVER DIES

HUAT AH!

rattydrama
30-05-12, 20:51
I think we should not discuss this too openly, for all you know developer's got staff with condosg account. They carry out focus groups and surveys.. this is the best place where they can get genuine indicative how much we are willing to be caitao
I like to play tikam during childhood. Just check back this thread, you will know all sorts of prices were said... isnt it fun to play the number game? comeon just join lah... Mr B will shout all the way to holland road...so we nvr know who will be the last winner. What I know is caspian and lakefront owners will be saved. :D :D

rattydrama
30-05-12, 20:58
the area no MMs but got no shortage of HDBs around that will pose challenge to rental. but got swimming pool and sexy girls to see? should be a pool of black and retirees bah ...:hell-hath-no-fury: not to forget can skate across to hospital from jcube.

I am sure after the transformation, this place will surely be different.

rattydrama
30-05-12, 21:03
99LH landed Not for me.:(depend on entry price. 600k i take :D

rattydrama
30-05-12, 21:11
this question will have to be answered by MCL director...in 9 months time we will know the answer. MCL likes to build standard unit and I hope that will do a good design this time. The workmanship is quite good.

Poloclub
30-05-12, 23:07
this question will have to be answered by MCL director...in 9 months time we will know the answer. MCL likes to build standard unit and I hope that will do a good design this time. The workmanship is quite good.

I think the hong leong garden shopping enbloc site will launch before this one. Those property in that area will most likely to get double boost on price.

CCR
30-05-12, 23:14
I like to play tikam during childhood. Just check back this thread, you will know all sorts of prices were said... isnt it fun to play the number game? comeon just join lah... Mr B will shout all the way to holland road...so we nvr know who will be the last winner. What I know is caspian and lakefront owners will be saved. :D :D

Ok I start

one bedroom: 1600psf
two bedder: 1400psf
3 bedder: 1350 psf

rattydrama
30-05-12, 23:58
I think the hong leong garden shopping enbloc site will launch before this one. Those property in that area will most likely to get double boost on price.
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Hong+Leong+Garden+Shopping+Centre+is+biggest+en+bloc+this+year/

another mm projects I suppose. land cost is ard 752 psf ppr. given same selling price... choose infiniti next door better.

hyenergix
31-05-12, 06:18
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Hong+Leong+Garden+Shopping+Centre+is+biggest+en+bloc+this+year/

another mm projects I suppose. land cost is ard 752 psf ppr. given same selling price... choose infiniti next door better.

Best located condos along that stretch are The Parc and Hundred Trees. I'm looking forward to the new launch too.

Poloclub
31-05-12, 11:06
Best located condos along that stretch are The Parc and Hundred Trees. I'm looking forward to the new launch too.

actually I prefer botannia to The Parc and Hundred Trees due to the traffic noise. also botannia has better landscaping and bigger land.

surfuz
02-06-12, 14:39
Hi, does anyone know if JLD means that it will literally be a new district i.e. district 29? District 22 seems big enough to split.

westman
13-06-12, 21:36
Hi, does anyone know if JLD means that it will literally be a new district i.e. district 29? District 22 seems big enough to split.

Not for now... Am awaiting 2013 URA masterplan...:2cents:

westman
13-06-12, 21:42
Today URA announced the one site confirmed GLS at Jurong West St 41 (beside canadian school) sales on Nov 2012. In addition, a site next to it will be under reserve list.

Last but not least, a new commercial site will be on sales by dec: (http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2012/Appendix1-CL-15.pdf)

For confirmed GLS ite : http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2012/Appendix1-CL-11.pdf

For Reserve GLS Site: ttp://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2012/Appendix1-RL-13.pdf (http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2012/Appendix1-RL-13.pdf)

Onwers of JLD PC projects: get ready to huat x3!!!!

extremme
13-06-12, 22:42
GLS all for PC? Next time so many PCs there, will it affect rental market?

Today URA announced the one site confirmed GLS at Jurong West St 41 (beside canadian school) sales on Nov 2012. In addition, a site next to it will be under reserve list.

Last but not least, a new commercial site will be on sales by dec: (http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2012/Appendix1-CL-15.pdf)

For confirmed GLS ite : http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2012/Appendix1-CL-11.pdf

For Reserve GLS Site: ttp://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2012/Appendix1-RL-13.pdf (http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2012/Appendix1-RL-13.pdf)

Onwers of JLD PC projects: get ready to huat x3!!!!

surfuz
13-06-12, 22:54
I notice that Big Box is still listed :confused:

Parcel B seems to be a better from MRT distance perspective.

rattydrama
14-06-12, 11:19
seems like the 10 yr JLD master plan is coming nearer than expected. There are so many land parcels for sale. No joke.

I dont think rental market will be impacted for JDL. Jurong was neglected as there is no big development for a long time.

HDB rental in Clementi is strong. Perhaps renters will move to here.

Poloclub
14-06-12, 11:31
I notice that Big Box is still listed :confused:

Parcel B seems to be a better from MRT distance perspective.
I understand that Big Box is back on track.

Parcel B will have the best view over the lake. NS facing, I think

Poloclub
14-06-12, 11:33
seems like the 10 yr JLD master plan is coming nearer than expected. There are so many land parcels for sale. No joke.

I dont think rental market will be impacted for JDL. Jurong was neglected as there is no big development for a long time.

HDB rental in Clementi is strong. Perhaps renters will move to here.

MND need to prepare for the influx of residents coming to JLD. The job at the hospital alone is going to be massive, plus MND, BCA, AVA etc.

DC33_2008
14-06-12, 12:08
Good or Bad with so many influx of people and new developments? Price may go up but more crowded and food more expensive.
MND need to prepare for the influx of residents coming to JLD. The job at the hospital alone is going to be massive, plus MND, BCA, AVA etc.

Poloclub
14-06-12, 12:13
Good or Bad with so many influx of people and new developments? Price may go up but more crowded and food more expensive.

I honestly think that LTA should start working on a new MRT line to support the human traffic. My guess is that place will be very congested when the malls and offices TOP in 2 to 4 years time.

DC33_2008
14-06-12, 12:17
May need to have either underground tunnel to connect the buildings or have a link on 2nd level of buildings to connect them up just like in Hong Kong.
I honestly think that LTA should start working on a new MRT line to support the human traffic. My guess is that place will be very congested when the malls and offices TOP in 2 to 4 years time.

lajia
14-06-12, 14:06
GLS all for PC? Next time so many PCs there, will it affect rental market?

actually there are not many PC in Jurong if you compare to Tampines/Pasir ris/Simei/bedok/and many more... If they are successful in turning it into the 2nd commercial hub, definitely rental market will be very vibrant in Jurong East/West. Another thing, i think if you can buy HDB in that area, might be even better in terms of yield...
look at those PC going to be launched in that area, likely to be more than those caspian or lakefront (1300+psf now). If these area rental for PC is high due to the higher psf purchased, those HDB near those areas will HUAT eh!!! a big gap in rental cost and eventually might overflow to HDB market.

CCR
14-06-12, 14:51
i totally agree that JLD is really a gem... come end 2013 when JEMs, Westgate, Big Box all up and in 2015 NTF hospital, the new office block in the confirm list now. that place will have the "wow" factors man..

And knowing Singaporeans... they will pay a premium to enjoy it immediately.... That is why now the prices are not going up much yet...

DC33_2008
14-06-12, 14:53
Thought already gone up quite a bit.
i totally agree that JLD is really a gem... come end 2013 when JEMs, Westgate, Big Box all up and in 2015 NTF hospital, the new office block in the confirm list now. that place will have the "wow" factors man..

And knowing Singaporeans... they will pay a premium to enjoy it immediately.... That is why now the prices are not going up much yet...

Poloclub
14-06-12, 15:06

I think the commercial, retail and healthcare segment of JLD is pretty much done. What is still missing is the recreation part of it. And in order to JLD to achieve their goal, I reckon they will need to build a world class theme park where by tourists can spend at least a 2 to 3 day stays in JLD to enjoy all the facilities in that area.

Wild Falcon
14-06-12, 15:22
There you go again about theme parks... :D

I think the commercial, retail and healthcare segment of JLD is pretty much done. What is still missing is the recreation part of it. And in order to JLD to achieve their goal, I reckon they will need to build a world class theme park where by tourists can spend at least a 2 to 3 day stays in JLD to enjoy all the facilities in that area.

Poloclub
14-06-12, 15:29
There you go again about theme parks... :D

That is because it will be difficult to justify of having hotels in Jurong if there are no major theme park to draw tourist to that area. :D

dont bet against it. It will happen. And those who bought the DBSS at Jurong might just be sitting on a gold mine.

Kelonguni
14-06-12, 16:10
That is because it will be difficult to justify of having hotels in Jurong if there are no major theme park to draw tourist to that area. :D

dont bet against it. It will happen. And those who bought the DBSS at Jurong might just be sitting on a gold mine.

Revamp Science Centre and Omnimax theatre!

Its not very likely to have a theme park here. I hate to stereotype, but people from the West of Singapore seem to have a different set of philosophy about life.

Such a business might not be sustainable here IMO, but please feel free to disagree.

Kelonguni
14-06-12, 16:11

It's possible that the hotels cater to those on business trips to JLD area.

Poloclub
14-06-12, 16:14
Revamp Science Centre and Omnimax theatre!

Its not very likely to have a theme park here. I hate to stereotype, but people from the West of Singapore seem to have a different set of philosophy about life.

Such a business might not be sustainable here IMO, but please feel free to disagree.

I think you are looking at the wrong side of the Jurong lake. Try looking toward Taman Jurong side, the ex Tang Dynasty plot. If you watching the JLD video you will know what I mean.

Poloclub
14-06-12, 16:16
It's possible that the hotels cater to those on business trips to JLD area.

The journey from Orchard Road to JLD only takes you around 30mins by taxi, there is no reason why businessmen would want to stay in JLD just to save that 30mins and waste the entire evening doing nothing in Jurong.

CCR
14-06-12, 16:34

They will definitely incoporate some leisure stuff at the lake... already science centre, Omnimax is moving to the lake and the old science centre plot will be change into Lakeside village like Dempsey / Holland Village...

CCR
14-06-12, 16:35
Thought already gone up quite a bit.

Yup... the key part is that it has gone up "a bit" a lot more upside...

DC33_2008
14-06-12, 16:41
Unfortunately too many hdb flats.
Yup... the key part is that it has gone up "a bit" a lot more upside...

Kelonguni
14-06-12, 16:43
I think you are looking at the wrong side of the Jurong lake. Try looking toward Taman Jurong side, the ex Tang Dynasty plot. If you watching the JLD video you will know what I mean.

Can send the video site again? Check here and there but cannot find. You don't mean the URA website right?

Not even bid yet right? How would we know the indicative pricing?

Is there a website that maps all the condos in Singapore by location? 1 big picture.

Thanks.

CCR
14-06-12, 16:48
Unfortunately too many hdb flats.

True... but the site near JE MRT station is quite big and no HDB nearby.. they should demolish the low commercial buildings beside the CPF building and that will really spruce things up there

Poloclub
14-06-12, 16:50
Can send the video site again? Check here and there but cannot find. You don't mean the URA website right?

Not even bid yet right? How would we know the indicative pricing?

Is there a website that maps all the condos in Singapore by location? 1 big picture.

Thanks.

For such grand plan, I am sure STB will have to get involve and the tender will most likely be something similar to RWS whereby the bidder will operate theme park, hotels, restaurant and possibly even a casino.

forget about condo lah. residential development are just supporting role for the JLD.

From 3.10sec onwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYNO8G7ZRnY

Kelonguni
14-06-12, 16:50
True... but the site near JE MRT station is quite big and no HDB nearby.. they should demolish the low commercial buildings beside the CPF building and that will really spruce things up there

Some food centres there right?

Poloclub
14-06-12, 17:06
Just did a check on onemap that the entire plot of land along the taman jurong side of the jurong lake actually belongs to JTC and the land lease for Fairway Club within that plot is also expiring soon. So it is highly likely that a mega theme park will be build in that site.

Kelonguni
14-06-12, 17:08
For such grand plan, I am sure STB will have to get involve and the tender will most likely be something similar to RWS whereby the bidder will operate theme park, hotels, restaurant and possibly even a casino.

forget about condo lah. residential development are just supporting role for the JLD.

From 3.10sec onwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYNO8G7ZRnY

But even then, how do retail buyers get involved? Buy commercial or industrial properties surrounding? Where do we even start?

Sorry I only understand how to buy residential. Worse case can treat as holiday home or pass to children.

Poloclub
14-06-12, 17:17
But even then, how do retail buyers get involved? Buy commercial or industrial properties surrounding? Where do we even start?

Sorry I only understand how to buy residential. Worse case can treat as holiday home or pass to children.

Sorry, I am not in position to advise you on that. I always believe that property investment is a very personal thing, and you should only buy what you like.

hyenergix
14-06-12, 17:35
Just did a check on onemap that the entire plot of land along the taman jurong side of the jurong lake actually belongs to JTC and the land lease for Fairway Club within that plot is also expiring soon. So it is highly likely that a mega theme park will be build in that site.

Jurong is generally a manufacturing n commercial center. Any mega theme park there most likely will fail. Still rem e Tang Dynasty? Smaller entertainment facilities r already in place or under construction.

Poloclub
14-06-12, 17:43
Jurong is generally a manufacturing n commercial center. Any mega theme park there most likely will fail. Still rem e Tang Dynasty? Smaller entertainment facilities r already in place or under construction.
Tang Dynasty is a bad comparison lah. The concept was destined to fail regardless if it is located in Jurong or sentosa because if people would rather take a budget airline to China to see the real thing rather than visiting a mock up attraction.

As much as what you said is correct, the entire objective of MND to redevelop JLD is to change that perception. Have you ever thought that retailers like Robinson H&M will actually come to Jurong? Have you ever thought that developers like wheelock will actually bid for land in Jurong?

With MND moving to JLD, I dont see how this JLD project wont take off in a big way.

hyenergix
14-06-12, 17:45
Diff profile of pp staying in Jurong lah...

Poloclub
14-06-12, 17:52
Diff profile of pp staying in Jurong lah...
that doesnt really matter because the whole objective of JLD development is to bring people from outside jurong and tourist to JLD.

When MND decides move to JLD, that to me is a big thing because everyday when KBW come to office he will be overlooking that JLD.

hyenergix
14-06-12, 18:00
U have been brain-washed by URA. It takes 10-20 years to transform an established town. A virgin one like Marina Bay can b transplanted over night due to nearby financial center n casino plus billions of infrastructure investments.

lajia
14-06-12, 18:02

why dbss?? squeeze between EC and HDB think not here not there it will suffer....HDB better bet...:D :2cents:

hyenergix
14-06-12, 18:07
JLD growth will b fast but it will still need time. The part tt I disagree is e mega theme park. Prob 10 years later then we c it in e plans. For now it is evolving to become a commercial center. It is e direct opp of north east residential development.

Poloclub
14-06-12, 18:47
U have been brain-washed by URA. It takes 10-20 years to transform an established town. A virgin one like Marina Bay can b transplanted over night due to nearby financial center n casino plus billions of infrastructure investments.

JLD was first announce in 2008, within a span of 4 years, MND, BCA, and AVA has decided to move their office to JLD. NTF hospital was announced, construction has began, Jem, Westgate have started construction, Big Box is back on track, residential site next to JE mrt station was awarded, existing road has been widen, new road has been constructed, new hotel and commercial sites are launched.

The JLD is already happening and it will probably that another 10 years or so for the entire JLD to be completed.

As for Marina, the biggest catalyst is not because it is financial district, but rather its because of MBS.

Poloclub
14-06-12, 18:58
JLD growth will b fast but it will still need time. The part tt I disagree is e mega theme park. Prob 10 years later then we c it in e plans. For now it is evolving to become a commercial center. It is e direct opp of north east residential development.

the themepark segment of JLD is already in the plan. Have you not noticed that they have already set aside a huge plot of land that is bigger than RWS for hotel and family attractions.

It is a matter of time when they will announce something big, and my guess is that it will happening within 1 to 2 years.

hyenergix
14-06-12, 21:28
the themepark segment of JLD is already in the plan. Have you not noticed that they have already set aside a huge plot of land that is bigger than RWS for hotel and family attractions.

It is a matter of time when they will announce something big, and my guess is that it will happening within 1 to 2 years.

Depends on commercial viability... let's see. If you are right I also win :p

westman
14-06-12, 22:04

I suspect more information on JLD will be avail during 2013 Master Plan from URA... Probably between Apr to August 2013 Period...

It would be a "bad" timing as the Jurong West St 41 site (GLS sales launch on Nov 2012) will be on sales by then... Be prepare to pay more money for new launch between site A & B....

:2cents:

CCR
14-06-12, 23:37
Actually by 2016 jems, west gate, jcube, hospital, all offices, big box, the new office at venture avenue, the new condo by mcl land will all be up... Try and visualize that.... Almost 10 brand new buildings all in one place... Imagine that...