PDA

View Full Version : hdb and PC...prices are similar..

radha08
22-04-12, 12:23
Dunno why people still go for HDB...EA/some 5rms...asking 800 to 900k...and u can get decent condos places like simei green/pinevale..etc etc...also 800 to 900k..SOMETHING i dont know??:confused:

yowetan
22-04-12, 12:27
I want a landed or a 999/FH property.

roly8
22-04-12, 12:39
yes...a decent 5-rm resale is $500k or more..

quite sick:o

rattydrama
22-04-12, 12:49
must compare it within same location and age.

ikan bilis
22-04-12, 12:52
.... get a near mrt hdb, with public pool view... so sure got convenient transport, got mall, got easy access to pools, got bikinis babe seeing... no fish prawn also can liow/good... maintenance charges of only S$60/month... shiok! :rolleyes: ;)

hyenergix
22-04-12, 13:52
Dunno why people still go for HDB...EA/some 5rms...asking 800 to 900k...and u can get decent condos places like simei green/pinevale..etc etc...also 800 to 900k..SOMETHING i dont know??:confused:

HDB is FH.

kane
22-04-12, 14:09
HDB is FH.

I don't think that rationale has been rigorously tested yet.

ikan bilis
22-04-12, 14:27
hdb FH or no FH, age not important matter...

my hdb tenant sold their 5rm hdb at $800K+ which is more than the price i paid for my 4bdr condo...
- transactions about 6 months apart, their hdb at D5, my condo at D23
- their hdb and my condo both near mrt
- their hdb >35yr old liow, my condo about 10yr old
- 5rm $800K+ at the time (or even now) is at peak/record price for D5...
- lagi-more heard the hdb buyer was preparing another 100K+ for renovating the hdb...

hdb like vintage wine like that 1... can retain value 1... must keep and hold tight tight!!... ;) :rolleyes:

greenhorn
22-04-12, 14:58
hdb FH or no FH, age not important matter...

my hdb tenant sold their 5rm hdb at $800K+ which is more than the price i paid for my 4bdr condo...
- transactions about 6 months apart, their hdb at D5, my condo at D23
- their hdb and my condo both near mrt
- their hdb >35yr old liow, my condo about 10yr old
- 5rm $800K+ at the time (or even now) is at peak/record price for D5...
- lagi-more heard the hdb buyer was preparing another 100K+ for renovating the hdb...

hdb like vintage wine like that 1... can retain value 1... must keep and hold tight tight!!... ;) :rolleyes:

Yes, only FH landed and HDB are like vintage wine, must keep and hold tight tight. Value appreciates with time. The rest eg LH condos fluctuate with the season eg up or down according to harvest etc but cannot stand the test of time.

roly8
22-04-12, 15:20
seriously, will you stick buy a hdb flat which is more than 30 yr old?? :o

or you buy just hope that it will get SER?

ikan bilis
22-04-12, 15:40

most of the mature estates near mrt hdb are >30yr old,
>30yr old hdb ok as long as you pick those with toilet and lift upgraded

but >30yr old condo or landed will give you lots of problems... if FH still can wait for en-bloc... if LH99 then don't know how liow....

if you check hdb website, there are still lots of resale transactions for >30yo hdb.... how can it be no takers...

:rolleyes: ;)

chiaberry
22-04-12, 17:27
For HDB flats, Govt will provide $$$ and resources for maintaining them (see today's papers of eco-friendly upgrading of older blocks - this may be extended to the rest of the HDB if it works well). They will not want a city of dilapidated and run-down HDB flats as it will reflect badly on Singapore. When there are problems with maintenance on HDB flat like leakage etc, the council will help out (unlike private where you have to chase the unit upstairs and they may drag and delay forever).

yowetan
22-04-12, 17:32
For HDB flats, Govt will provide $$$ and resources for maintaining them (see today's papers of eco-friendly upgrading of older blocks - this may be extended to the rest of the HDB if it works well). They will not want a city of dilapidated and run-down HDB flats as it will reflect badly on Singapore. When there are problems with maintenance on HDB flat like leakage etc, the council will help out (unlike private where you have to chase the unit upstairs and they may drag and delay forever).

Your hypothesis will only stand if and only if the district in question is under ruling party. If it is in opposition camp, the above statement may not be valid.

chiaberry
22-04-12, 17:33
Your hypothesis will only stand if and only if the district in question is under ruling party. If it is in opposition camp, the above statement may not be valid.

Yes you are right.

yowetan
22-04-12, 17:36
Yes you are right.

Sad to say, good to know; Politics does influence the property price(s).

SH commands such a premium as it is relatively near to Teck Ghee, the dragon den.

danntbt
22-04-12, 17:45
most of the mature estates near mrt hdb are >30yr old,
>30yr old hdb ok as long as you pick those with toilet and lift upgraded

but >30yr old condo or landed will give you lots of problems... if FH still can wait for en-bloc... if LH99 then don't know how liow....

if you check hdb website, there are still lots of resale transactions for >30yo hdb.... how can it be no takers...

:rolleyes: ;)

Farrer Court, was LH...now D-Leedon....Interlace sits on a former LH development....?
Have you checked the prices of privatized HUDC like Shunfu and Ivory Height?
Or ultra old LH Sherwood Tower...was only about 200+K about a decade ago ...now?

ikan bilis
22-04-12, 18:31
Farrer Court, was LH...now D-Leedon....Interlace sits on a former LH development....?
Have you checked the prices of privatized HUDC like Shunfu and Ivory Height?
Or ultra old LH Sherwood Tower...was only about 200+K about a decade ago ...now?

heya... those hudc owners bought cheap cheap long ago... and sherwood tower might have chance bcoz there is a mall downstair, i.e. the plot got commercial, mixed development...

others like park west en-bloc gone case liow,... and you wanna buy those like lakeside apartment, lakeside tower ??...

:D

DaytonaSS
22-04-12, 20:12

woo i share with u y. Cos a condo across the road cost min $1.6m n above for the same size. So if u wanna stay in that location with all the same attributes minus 1) a pool , 2)press "open/close" gantry kind of security when u shout "pick up", 3)social status associated with PC , its quite a good deal issnt it? every 5 years get free paint job also.

so if u look at it this way, its not hard to justify right?

but if you want to compare housing in different location, very soon , pple will ask u y dont buy a landed in JB and take MRT into Singapore. only 10% of the cost.

danntbt
22-04-12, 20:17
heya... those hudc owners bought cheap cheap long ago... and sherwood tower might have chance bcoz there is a mall downstair, i.e. the plot got commercial, mixed development...

others like park west en-bloc gone case liow,... and you wanna buy those like lakeside apartment, lakeside tower ??...

:D
..er what are you driving at? Hmmm how did you arrive at the conclusion that all HUDC bought long long ago? What about the Million dollar unit sold as noted? ...nobody wanted Sherwood before too.....actually old apartments within Lakeside region might just be the real gems lying to be discovered considering their psf and size....and in view of their location.....

ikan bilis
22-04-12, 21:48
..er what are you driving at? Hmmm how did you arrive at the conclusion that all HUDC bought long long ago? What about the Million dollar unit sold as noted? ...nobody wanted Sherwood before too.....actually old apartments within Lakeside region might just be the real gems lying to be discovered considering their psf and size....and in view of their location.....

heya,... what i'm trying to say is LH99 is very difficult to get en-bloc,
is like park west trying to en-bloc at S$1Kpsf but the GLS site next to it is at <S$600psf... somemore en-bloc developer need to top-up lease
unless you are having a very good CCR/RCR location and a huge site, is hard to get developers to bite. And that d'leedon/interlace also ended up too high price and slow in sales

and holding LH99 will be nightmare when it reaches >30yo... hard to maintain (need 75-80% vote to do upgrade), hard to enbloc...
vs if you are holding >30yr old hdb, you do not have this type of problems...

for your info: i'm holding LH99 condo, ok... ;)

danntbt
23-04-12, 05:25
heya,... what i'm trying to say is LH99 is very difficult to get en-bloc,
is like park west trying to en-bloc at S$1Kpsf but the GLS site next to it is at <S$600psf... somemore en-bloc developer need to top-up lease
unless you are having a very good CCR/RCR location and a huge site, is hard to get developers to bite. And that d'leedon/interlace also ended up too high price and slow in sales

and holding LH99 will be nightmare when it reaches >30yo... hard to maintain (need 75-80% vote to do upgrade), hard to enbloc...
vs if you are holding >30yr old hdb, you do not have this type of problems...

for your info: i'm holding LH99 condo, ok... ;)
...ok see your point, anyway, there are definitely potential in 30 yr development if one look around esp in lakeside district because there are no demand at this point....just like Sherwood before.

fclim
23-04-12, 08:15
Just a few questions to ponder.

Assuming we have a lot of 99LH condos whose leases are expiring and the government takes back the land.

1. What will happen to all the new 99LH that are on sale now?
2. Will the prices of new 99LH drop drastically?
3. If so, will the property market collapse since 90% of properties are 99LH?
4. What will happen to all the future GLS and how will it affect the build up of our reserves?
5. What will happen to all the banks since 90% of their ppty customers are 99LH owners?

chiaberry
23-04-12, 08:34
Those are important issues the Govt must sort out in the not-so-distant future. I don't think it is in the interest of the Govt to crash the market for LH condos by simply letting the 99LH condos lease lapse just like that. As you pointed out, there are more than just the owners interest involved. Including all of the banks and related property industries too.........

chestnut
23-04-12, 08:35
woo i share with u y. Cos a condo across the road cost min $1.6m n above for the same size. So if u wanna stay in that location with all the same attributes minus 1) a pool , 2)press "open/close" gantry kind of security when u shout "pick up", 3)social status associated with PC , its quite a good deal issnt it? every 5 years get free paint job also.

so if u look at it this way, its not hard to justify right?

but if you want to compare housing in different location, very soon , pple will ask u y dont buy a landed in JB and take MRT into Singapore. only 10% of the cost.

Steady! Reference point is key.

Compare stirling road hdb with stirling road condo-queens.
Compare cantonment hdb with beacon
Compare amk flat with castle green

If you compare hard enough with all the districts, you will find some condos are underpriced.

radha08
23-04-12, 10:45
Just a few questions to ponder.

Assuming we have a lot of 99LH condos whose leases are expiring and the government takes back the land.

i think our children will live to see that day....:D....they can continue to TCSS/KPKB in the forum when that happens...:D:D:D:D

ikan bilis
23-04-12, 12:44
some already got land lease coming to an end... :beats-me-man:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4998749/for-sale-2-sty-terrace-lorong-3-geylang-kallang-bo

($130K me also won't buy... and look at the 16% yield, ... no mortgage loan or cpf $$)

marktkt22
23-04-12, 13:20
Not all hb are freehold
Sers not guaranteed.
Fh landed are the real deal

marktkt22
23-04-12, 13:26
99yr hdb and condo will be an issue eventually.
Gd location may get sers or enbloc but sure have case lease expires to 0 value.
Lh price are at a discount to fh, that has been factor in.
U cant buy at Lh price and expect fh lease

Those are important issues the Govt must sort out in the not-so-distant future. I don't think it is in the interest of the Govt to crash the market for LH condos by simply letting the 99LH condos lease lapse just like that. As you pointed out, there are more than just the owners interest involved. Including all of the banks and related property industries too.........

fclim
23-04-12, 14:32
Not all hb are freehold
Sers not guaranteed.
Fh landed are the real deal

Nothing is the real deal. Even FH land can be acquired by the gahmen. And they pay you current market price (which can be bad in a downturn) and not what your FH is worth in the future.

mkl22
23-04-12, 15:15
Nothing is the real deal. Even FH land can be acquired by the gahmen. And they pay you current market price (which can be bad in a downturn) and not what your FH is worth in the future.

yup. even FH is never guaranteed. so thats why some just say heck it and take 99years.

yaozong7
23-04-12, 15:21
99yr hdb and condo will be an issue eventually.
Gd location may get sers or enbloc but sure have case lease expires to 0 value.
Lh price are at a discount to fh, that has been factor in.
U cant buy at Lh price and expect fh lease

HDB lease is better than condo leasehold lah, for political reasons. I dare say no HDB flat will be forcibly taken back by the govt, unlike private condo.

mkl22
23-04-12, 15:31
HDB lease is better than condo leasehold lah, for political reasons. I dare say no HDB flat will be forcibly taken back by the govt, unlike private condo.

HDB has always been 99years leasehold. got every right to take back. and it also depends on which govt is in control come that time. never say never.

yaozong7
23-04-12, 15:40
HDB has always been 99years leasehold. got every right to take back. and it also depends on which govt is in control come that time. never say never.

But compared to private leasehold condo, surely u have more confidence that the families will not be forcibly evicted right? I will never sell my HDB, though it is nearing 25 years old. Unlikely that I can live to see the lease running out though, haha

speculator
23-04-12, 15:57
yup. even FH is never guaranteed. so thats why some just say heck it and take 99years.

Under the law, SLA can acquire it back even if it's freehold.
Many years ago there was a big case. SLA only offered $1

In Singapore everything belongs to the Govt. :D

babyworm
23-04-12, 17:02

Is there really an advantage for HDB to get SERS?
The new location is usually not as good and if you pick your own BTO, the price might be higher. Don't forget still got to reno?

roly8
23-04-12, 17:15
Is there really an advantage for HDB to get SERS?
The new location is usually not as good and if you pick your own BTO, the price might be higher. Don't forget still got to reno?
yea..BTO haven't include furnish and it is always at some very bad location..
:(