PDA

View Full Version : Will HDB and PC ownership law EVER change..

radha08
23-04-12, 10:50
As you know NOW you cannot buy a resale/new hdb and buy a PC..etc within a minimum occupation period....BUT what is that chance of that law being reverted/tweaked/aborted...IMHO...i think that is a JOKER card to be used by the authorities when TIME is deemed fit LIKE surplus of UNITS on the market....might JUST happen sooner than later...my 2:2cents: thinking AGAIN:D

House
23-04-12, 11:10
More likely is the removal of foreigner 10% SD when times are really bad.

carbuncle
23-04-12, 15:29
Before that can happen, they need to balance out the policy by allowing current PC owners buy hdb. Otherwise is only going to get more skewed and incur the wrath of the middle income and rich which moves the local economy which translates to suicide.

latour
23-04-12, 17:59
More likely is the removal of foreigner 10% SD when times are really bad.

unlikely to be remove, maybe revise to lower. SC and PR ABSD% likely to remain.

Allthepies
23-04-12, 19:10
As you know NOW you cannot buy a resale/new hdb and buy a PC..etc within a minimum occupation period....BUT what is that chance of that law being reverted/tweaked/aborted...IMHO...i think that is a JOKER card to be used by the authorities when TIME is deemed fit LIKE surplus of UNITS on the market....might JUST happen sooner than later...my 2:2cents: thinking AGAIN:D

More likely the reverse will happen first, no dual ownership of hdb and private regardless of the order of purchase. :D Hdb goes back to basic as a roof over one's head instead of a speculation tool.