PDA

View Full Version : How serious is Singapore property bubble?

Pages : [1] 2

phantom_opera
29-04-12, 22:24
How serious is Singapore property bubble? At which stage are we in?

yowetan
29-04-12, 22:28

It is so "Serious" that people like myself having great desires, and hopeful to get one at this time of the moment.

I am pledging myself to 90% bank loan with all liquidity in this house hunt.

buttercarp
29-04-12, 22:35
Imagine a balloon flying up the sky.
If a bird pecks it, or if it hits on a power line, or lightning strike it, it will pop.

If it does not encounter any obstacle it will continue flying higher and higher.
But the atmospheric pressure gets lower as it flies higher, so it is like pumping more air into the balloon, and finally the pressure of the air inside the balloon exceeds the pressure of the air outside the balloon, it will burst.

lajia
29-04-12, 22:39
where got bubble??:rolleyes:

within the last few yrs our population increased more than half a million, did we built enough to house all of us? is there a high inventory now? and did we consider those newly wed setting up family?

I think the market will correct itself when the time comes, but when is it, i think when the hdb start showing high inventory then that's when the bubble might be forming.

It is more of a lifestyle changes that increase the demand of PC. and not to forget foreign investors. last time we scare die, where got guts to commit, nowadays, parent chip in, the young ones also very garung, so the demand will only go up. only when we see a few months of slow sales then i think that could be a signal for u-turn...
just my opinion. :D

phantom_opera
29-04-12, 22:41
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4b/Stages_of_a_bubble.png/800px-Stages_of_a_bubble.png

Where are we??

insigina
29-04-12, 22:42
The ABSD has had the opposite effect. Instead of mitigating property prices, prices have climbed even higher. I attribute this in large part to developers turning this negative effect to their favor by reimbursing SD and other discounts and incentives. This has spurred those in the sidelines to jump in to take 'advantage" of these incentives. I think the market is in a bubble but it would not burst. If carefully managed, it may slowly deflate but not with a bang.

espeyap
29-04-12, 22:46
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4b/Stages_of_a_bubble.png/800px-Stages_of_a_bubble.png

Where are we??
I think we are at Mania Phase..... :)

buttercarp
29-04-12, 22:49
I think we are at Mania Phase..... :)

LOL.... bipolar.
Very vulnerable and disinhibited.

carbuncle
29-04-12, 22:58
Bubble or no bubble it does seem the property balloon here is immensely expandable to extreme sizes...

phantom_opera
29-04-12, 23:04
“Kakuei Tanaka, who became Prime Minister in 1972, effected extremely aggressive public investment based on his belief (remodelling the Japanese archipelago) that it was necessary to resolve overpopulation and depopulation problems by constructing a nationwide shinkansen railway network, which led to an overheated economy.”

=> Japan has shinkansen ... we have the DTLs, CCL, ERL, Thomson Line, NSL ... equally aggresive!!!

in the Heisei boom, asset prices increased dramatically under long-lasting economic growth and stable inflation. Okina et al (2001) define the “bubble period” as the period from 1987 to 1990, from the viewpoint of the coexistence of three factors indicative of a bubble economy, that is, a marked increase in asset prices, an expansion in monetary aggregates and credit, and an overheating economy. The phenomena particular to this period were stable CPI inflation in parallel with the expansion of asset prices

=> Singapore M3 as a per cent of GDP has reached 135% this year, an all time high .. and we also have stable CPI inflation as we never include real estate prices into CPI:scared-5:

dtrax
29-04-12, 23:12
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7214/7124692841_bf55521de7_c.jpg

yjcai
29-04-12, 23:28
so many opportunist here. This poll simply tell me prices will inch up higher. Or purposely skewed the result haha

House
29-04-12, 23:41
I once talked to a Japanese old man developer in his late 70s whose biz stretches from Japan > hawaii > Ca.

he told me - he saw Japan boom then gloom, he foresee Sg will be the same as Japan.

I dont agree but I do scare of the chinese idiom - refuse to listen to old, prepare to eat shit. :D

kane
29-04-12, 23:49
entering mania phase perhaps?

Ringo33
30-04-12, 00:27
I am not sure how to read this chart, but just by looking at the PPI, it certainly shows the price is on a down trend. And my guess is that the drop could be more pronounce in Q1 if we didnt have the shoebox apartments psf as support.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7214/7124692841_bf55521de7_c.jpg

Ringo33
30-04-12, 00:28
I once talked to a Japanese old man developer in his late 70s whose biz stretches from Japan > hawaii > Ca.

he told me - he saw Japan boom then gloom, he foresee Sg will be the same as Japan.

I dont agree but I do scare of the chinese idiom - refuse to listen to old, prepare to eat shit. :D

this time is different. :D

dtrax
30-04-12, 00:38
I am not sure how to read this chart, but just by looking at the PPI, it certainly shows the price is on a down trend. And my guess is that the drop could be more pronounce in Q1 if we didnt have the shoebox apartments psf as support.

take it with a pinch of salt.. if only property price can be 100% determine by looking at charts :)

House
30-04-12, 01:30
this time is different. :D

he told me that just last year 2011.....

he drank more soya sauce(dipping sushi) than i have drink tap water :scared-5:

hyenergix
30-04-12, 06:50
The high sales of shoebox apartments that are small and low quantum and ECs that are larger but highly subsidized show that the buying power of the population is waning. However with liquidity, inflation and price floor set by HDB, people will still prefer to park their cash in properties. We are in mania state now.

BUBBLE :eek: BUBBLE :scared-1: BUUBLE :scared-4:

howgozit
30-04-12, 07:06
The high sales of shoebox apartments that are small and low quantum and ECs that are larger but highly subsidized show that the buying power of the population is waning. However with liquidity, inflation and price floor set by HDB, people will still prefer to park their cash in properties. We are in mania state now.

BUBBLE :eek: BUBBLE :scared-1: BUUBLE :scared-4:

Yes... in mania phase..... between greed and delusion.

phantom_opera
30-04-12, 07:13
If US / Europe economy is at the rock bottom now, we may still have many boom years to come ... Chinese property market is also in soft landing so no destabilizing macro factors now (unless there is sudden Iran/Korean war?)

In peace time, what really matter is whether we have enough wage growth every year to push more people to jump into the property mania ... and this bubble still lacking one crucial factor - extreme optimism

Obviously many are still sitting on sidelines. Some even sold their own roof and looking to buy back but panic when price/volume just took off this month to another new high led by SH, KG, Seahill etc

Once exiting stocks of old projects priced lower are cleared ... price will increase significantly. Watch out for next land bid for any sign of EXTRAME OPTIMISM by developers.

phantom_opera
30-04-12, 07:23
With the recent announcement of huge increase in wages for bus drivers, maids, public servants ... wage inflation could further push up inflation expectation and feeding each other in a vicious cycle... just like US in the 1970's

HUAT AH !!!

http://econ161.berkeley.edu/Graphics/gif_files/APIc.gif

chiaberry
30-04-12, 07:53
HUAT?

Inflation will be the killer. Even if you make profits from your properties, when you want to spend it, everything will cost more........so is it really considered huat? Huat for who?

Pinball
30-04-12, 08:16
US + europe go up stage being setup for next AFC.

thai last straw last time, this round who?

With the recent announcement of huge increase in wages for bus drivers, maids, public servants ... wage inflation could further push up inflation expectation and feeding each other in a vicious cycle... just like US in the 1970's

HUAT AH !!!

http://econ161.berkeley.edu/Graphics/gif_files/APIc.gif

kane
30-04-12, 08:54
HUAT?

Inflation will be the killer. Even if you make profits from your properties, when you want to spend it, everything will cost more........so is it really considered huat? Huat for who?

Don't sell your properties and up your rental. That one really huat plus it is inflation hedged.

Laguna
30-04-12, 09:16
Watch out for next land bid for any sign of EXTRAME OPTIMISM by developers.

FEO used to be bidding record prices, but now, after the old man, under the second generation, look like there is a big change. Their bids always come in the mid range.

phantom_opera
30-04-12, 09:20
FEO used to be bidding record prices, but now, after the old man, under the second generation, look like there is a big change. Their bids always come in the mid range.

Yeah, their bid may be mid range but their selling price still leading edge :D
From the earlier Centro Residences, Silversea, The Sound, Watertown, the Hillier, Seahill ... all setting records

It will be interesting to see how much they launch the project near Tanah Merah MRT ... 1300psf for 1br, 1500psf for SOHO 1br anyone :scared-1:

land118
30-04-12, 10:23
Money getting smaller..., hard assets still a good hedge..:2cents:

howgozit
30-04-12, 11:13
Money getting smaller..., hard assets still a good hedge..:2cents:

Agree.. and the vicious cycle goes on...

avo7007
30-04-12, 11:24
High inflation, high asset prices, high business cost. All these are part of an economy reaching peak cycle and on the verge of transition to a down cycle. Up down, up down. Nothing wrong what.

newbie11
30-04-12, 15:23
in mania phase, between enthusiasm and greed

amk
30-04-12, 16:04
Yes... in mania phase..... between greed and delusion.

I vote for this too. but only for OCR segment.

phantom_opera
30-04-12, 17:49
Nearly 30% thinks we are at peak (going to go bust anytime soon) ... therefore not yet there :cool:

To be at peak ... you need somebody to say "A new paradigm has arrived, Singaporeans has achieved Swiss standard of living"

sh
30-04-12, 17:55
Interesting ....

30% think bubble bursting. Another 30% think "what bubble?". Low percentages in between. Either cheong or crash, nothing in between!

Very polarised views.:D

Arcachon
30-04-12, 18:01
Don't sell your properties and up your rental. That one really huat plus it is inflation hedged.

Depend on how many PC you have, for every one PC Huat one time.

Then there is the leverage you use to buy the PC, 20% Huat 5 X, 40% Huat 2.5X.

发发发发发发发发发发发发发发发发发

That is way the CM, must let everyone 发发发发发发发发发

Mr.Keh
01-05-12, 11:02
I seriously think that we are currently in the takeoff phrase given that price increases of the past years were driven by REAL demand from an expanded population and investors chasing good rental yields.

avo7007
01-05-12, 11:25
Property bubble is like a black hole. You can't see it, you can only deduce its presence by looking at things around it. I would keep a close eye on stats like unemployment figures, export numbers , GDP, BOP.....

regency321
01-05-12, 11:28
I seriously think that we are currently in the takeoff phrase given that price increases of the past years were driven by REAL demand from an expanded population and investors chasing good rental yields.
Is it sustainable for prices to continue its upward trend? Already prices are astronomical, people are saddled with lifetime of debt financing for their homes, young people cannot even afford to buy a roof to start their family. Some can't even afford to have kids.

Coupled with all the bad news from across the globe, I don't see how things can take off from here. Once the bad news kicks in and money flows out, expats leave, tenants gone, jobs are lost, it will only be downhill from here. If you read between the lines, the govt has started to hint of the decline (restructuring of jobs, slight rise of unemployment as we are past the peak etc...)

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.
Cheers.

carbuncle
01-05-12, 11:33
I actually think we are at Denial. The peak has passed... Sky Habitat was it. Never to be repeated in near future... But forever used as benchmark.

phantom_opera
01-05-12, 11:45
Sky habitat will help to clear existing stocks selling way below that 1700psf so April and May number will be crucial, thomson grand almost sold out already a good sign

regency321
01-05-12, 11:55
I actually think we are at Denial. The peak has passed... Sky Habitat was it. Never to be repeated in near future... But forever used as benchmark.

Agree with you, we should be in denial stage. Masses still believe it is uptrend. I have done quite a bit of reading over the last 6 months, even the big boys have sold whatever they can, ready for the coming crisis.

Speaking about Sky Habitat, anyone knows how is the sales? Since the launch 120 units sold, since then no news.

eng81157
01-05-12, 14:03

i agree that it will be used as a benchmark. this and watertown too.

just when we thought the peak is here, the govt releases a white paper to inform the general public that singapore needs 25k new immigrants per annum to sustain replace its population. then some analysts change tact by stating that there is an under-supply of units, instead of over-supply.

in my kacang puteh opinion, it's pretty mixed-up. if SH can go at 1700psf, do you think someone selling a D9/10 unit will price it that low?

Arcachon
01-05-12, 14:25
Is it sustainable for prices to continue its upward trend? Already prices are astronomical, people are saddled with lifetime of debt financing for their homes, young people cannot even afford to buy a roof to start their family. Some can't even afford to have kids.

Coupled with all the bad news from across the globe, I don't see how things can take off from here. Once the bad news kicks in and money flows out, expats leave, tenants gone, jobs are lost, it will only be downhill from here. If you read between the lines, the govt has started to hint of the decline (restructuring of jobs, slight rise of unemployment as we are past the peak etc...)

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.
Cheers.

Young people can still afford to buy a roof to start their family.

They can chose to pay $803 per month for 30years loan for a 3 Rm HDB in Kim Keat Ave or $4000 for 30 years loan for a 2 Bedroom @ Southbank. And if they can wait they can chose to buy from 50,000 BTO unit.

For financing their home, young people should buy what they can afford.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9564810/for-sale-southbank-lavender

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-194-kim-keat-avenue-9565927?street_id=10723

http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/showthread.php?8533-KBW-announced-to-build-another-50k-BTO-next-2-yr!

Very often hear people say young people cannot afford to buy a roof to start their family and saddled with lifetime of debt financing for their homes. Anyone care to enlighten me which type of young people they are referring to.:doh:

Laguna
01-05-12, 14:29
spoke to some agents, it seems that more and more parents are buying for their children.

Arcachon
01-05-12, 14:32
Those who want grand kids should think in advance to create the right environment. I already prepare a few units when my son is 12 years old.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/31220_1332808753208_1020706983_30796534_344716_n.jpg

PN
01-05-12, 14:42

They can chose to pay $803 per month for 30years loan for a 3 Rm HDB in Kim Keat Ave or $4000 for 30 years loan for a 2 Bedroom @ Southbank. And if they can wait they can chose to buy from 50,000 BTO unit.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-194-kim-keat-avenue-9565927?street_id=10723

http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/showthread.php?8533-KBW-announced-to-build-another-50k-BTO-next-2-yr!

Very often hear people say young people cannot afford to buy a roof to start their family and saddled with lifetime of debt financing for their homes. Anyone care to enlighten me which type of young people they are referring to.:doh:

Agree with you. There are so many different options available.
HDB resales, BTO, EC, Condo. Why cannot afford?

When they say cannot afford, most likely is want hdb in good location don't want to go to suburb.
OR must buy condo don't want hdb.
OR already have hdb and die die must upgrade to condo

If money not enough, live within own means. If not work hard for it lah.
Keep on complain complain complain :doh:

There is an example in this forum Yowexxxx. Keep asking people about his 7k income + 2k rental can buy >2mil landed or not

OK. Stop here. Don't want to say too much.

Arcachon
01-05-12, 14:50

When they say cannot afford, most likely is want hdb in good location don't want to go to suburb.

There is an example in this forum Yowexxxx. Keep asking people about his 7k income + 2k rental can buy >2mil landed or not

We can't let a few people to hold the whole nation hostage for what they wanted. If they find Singapore not their cup of tea they should immigrate to another country which welcome them. LKY is not going to cry father and cry mother again for them.

gfoo
01-05-12, 15:39

LIKE.http://www.canong12reviewss.com/wp-content/themes/your-theme/images/like.jpg

Last time my time it was common for newlyweds to time their ROM and purchases carefully, live with parents first while waiting for new flat or condo to be built. Today the moment one gets married, it's an expectation to have a new home, 4-5 bedder, in central areas. Last time it was about working hard because nobody owes you a living. Now it's kow pei kow bu, unfair this unfair that. The way work ethics are among the young today, go to open market places to work like Hong Kong, you'll be fired in no time. Singapore is truly a nanny state. last time 10k family income can live in 3 bedder condo considered happy liao. now 10k income wants to live in 2m landed. then kow peh because coe high cannot buy S Class. People should just live within your means, or work harder.

yowetan
01-05-12, 15:46

I sincerely hoping you are putting thing(s) and information(s) about myself right in perspective.

I have not complain or grumble against the government or any policies. Please kindly do a thorough search on all my postings.

I think you should be write before you think, and refrain from accusing someone without any concrete evidence or backing.

This is a public forum, and if you are unhappy with me asking around just to garner a public opinion/view of my situation you can simply ignore my post or thread, instead bitching and spreading untruth words about me.

Arcachon
01-05-12, 16:29
I sincerely hoping you are putting thing(s) and information(s) about myself right in perspective.

I have not complain or grumble against the government or any policies. Please kindly do a thorough search on all my postings.

I think you should be write before you think, and refrain from accusing someone without any concrete evidence or backing.

This is a public forum, and if you are unhappy with me asking around just to garner a public opinion/view of my situation you can simply ignore my post or thread, instead bitching and spreading untruth words about me.

yowetan is right, he did not complain or grumble... and it not wrong to ask for opinion/view. I use to ask the same question last time but too bad no forum for me to ask for opinion/view can only talk to myself. I am very grateful to all the guru sharing their view in the forum and hope everyone have something to take away.:cheers4:

regency321
01-05-12, 16:31

The young people whom I am referring to, are those who will not be surfing to condo singapore website. Some of them may not even have diploma, much less an ite cert. Their salaries are the lower end of the income spectrum. Not needy, but barely surviving. You may not think there are many of such people, because some of our social circles are very different. Many forumers here belong to the privileged group.

Some of them choose locations to stay near their folks for future childcare reasons. They did not choose to stay in central areas but their parents did. Moving to another part of singapore? Sure, but then prices are pretty steep now.4rm hdb easily 400k+, not to mention cov,reno, wedding expenses,furniture etc.

Yes there are young people in such predicament.not knowing them doesn't mean they don't exist.

carbuncle
01-05-12, 16:36

He young meh????

PV Excit
01-05-12, 16:39
IMHO I think nothing wrong with some goals in life... but it's very wrong for some youngters aiming too high... want a condo (not hdb) from certain better developers only somemore, must be near mrt, and and nice reno plus weekends at night spots etc.... before 30yrs old.. so unrealistic.... some even ask parents for money when poor parents barely have enough.... I m disgusted with this kind of people.

Arcachon
01-05-12, 17:10
The young people whom I am referring to, are those who will not be surfing to condo singapore website. Some of them may not even have diploma, much less an ite cert. Their salaries are the lower end of the income spectrum. Not needy, but barely surviving. You may not think there are many of such people, because some of our social circles are very different. Many forumers here belong to the privileged group.

Some of them choose locations to stay near their folks for future childcare reasons. They did not choose to stay in central areas but their parents did. Moving to another part of singapore? Sure, but then prices are pretty steep now.4rm hdb easily 400k+, not to mention cov,reno, wedding expenses,furniture etc.

Yes there are young people in such predicament.not knowing them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Are you referring the young man to him.

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20120308/ST_IMAGES_SUFLAT09e.jpg

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_775642.html

How he pays for his flat

Monthly income: $850

Total household CPF: $40,000

Cost of build-to-order flat in Punggol: $99,220

Additional CPF Housing Grant Scheme: $40,000

Remaining cost of flat: $59,220 ($99,220 less $40,000)

Estimated monthly instalment for payment: $83 for 30 years

Deduction from CPF: $83

Cash outlay: $0

Arcachon
01-05-12, 17:18
IMHO I think nothing wrong with some goals in life... but it's very wrong for some youngters aiming too high... want a condo (not hdb) from certain better developers only somemore, must be near mrt, and and nice reno plus weekends at night spots etc.... before 30yrs old.. so unrealistic.... some even ask parents for money when poor parents barely have enough.... I m disgusted with this kind of people.

There is nothing wrong for youngters aiming too high, if not for the Wright brothers aiming for the sky I will be jobless now.

First you need to dream, then you take action. Our school system is changing now for the student to dream. We don't need to produce labor, we need to produce more Entrepreneur.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_brothers

regency321
01-05-12, 17:36
Are you referring the young man to him.

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20120308/ST_IMAGES_SUFLAT09e.jpg

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_775642.html

How he pays for his flat

Monthly income: $850

Total household CPF: $40,000

Cost of build-to-order flat in Punggol: $99,220

Additional CPF Housing Grant Scheme: $40,000

Remaining cost of flat: $59,220 ($99,220 less $40,000)

Estimated monthly instalment for payment: $83 for 30 years

Deduction from CPF: $83

Cash outlay: $0

You place too much trust in the 154th media. they publish one success case and you believe everyone is taken care of. doesn't that make you wonder why there its so much resentment against the establishment? in singapore there are safety nets for the needy,bottom 0.5-1%, I'm not referring to this guy.

Anyway good for you, you don't know any of these people. As I said, we are a privileged lot. Cheers mate.

PV Excit
01-05-12, 17:44
There is nothing wrong for youngters aiming too high, if not for the Wright brothers aiming for the sky I will be jobless now.

First you need to dream, then you take action. Our school system is changing now for the student to dream. We don't need to produce labor, we need to produce more Entrepreneur.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_brothers

Ya totally agreed with you.. ;) my point was, many of them aim so high yet refuse to work hard and only know how to complaint.... :scared-5:

DKSG
01-05-12, 18:30
Ya totally agreed with you.. ;) my point was, many of them aim so high yet refuse to work hard and only know how to complaint.... :scared-5:
This is all part of their (ours - coz I wanna be grouped in the young group also) growing up la! Soon they will realise that they CMI, then have to lower expectations.

Last time I buy one sub-suburban condo I already very happy like pick up gold from the floor like that. Different people have different level of contentment. Office Boy like me, now got decent place to stay in happy liao! Wont ask for too much like near MRT, got this amenities, got that shopping centre, child care centre, dentist, etc

DKSG

hyenergix
01-05-12, 18:32
This is all part of their (ours - coz I wanna be grouped in the young group also) growing up la! Soon they will realise that they CMI, then have to lower expectations.

Last time I buy one sub-suburban condo I already very happy like pick up gold from the floor like that. Different people have different level of contentment. Office Boy like me, now got decent place to stay in happy liao! Wont ask for too much like near MRT, got this amenities, got that shopping centre, child care centre, dentist, etc

DKSG

Janitor here has even lower expectation: allow me to buy HDB... :p

PV Excit
01-05-12, 18:37

DKSG

+++Like...
me too... can buy a decent size ocr condo, I cntended liao... and continue my lifestyle... no need near mrt, shopping mall, plus super luxurious finishing.... lol... call me cheapo....

hyenergix
01-05-12, 18:41
The bubble should subside soon...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/annex/May%20Day%20Message%202012%20PM%20Lee.pdf

DKSG
01-05-12, 18:53

Like that u also can post ? Which point you want to highlight ?
Fewer foreigners ? He didnt say which type leh. If it is those earning less than $3K kind, then not much effect lor. Only those MM in suburb waiting for the $3K foreign engineers to rent will suffer.

DKSG

phantom_opera
01-05-12, 19:26

if can subside then is not bubble liao :D

hyenergix
01-05-12, 19:58
Like that u also can post ? Which point you want to highlight ?
Fewer foreigners ? He didnt say which type leh. If it is those earning less than $3K kind, then not much effect lor. Only those MM in suburb waiting for the $3K foreign engineers to rent will suffer.

DKSG

Based on the overall mood of the speech and the absence of stimulus.

hyenergix
01-05-12, 20:04
if can subside then is not bubble liao :D

Right now it is kiasu sentiment and low interest environment. I don't think the actual demand for PC for own stay is that high. Many are just buying to keep for future generation or park their cash.

PN
01-05-12, 20:34

Aiya. Don't say bitching leh.
I'm not saying you're complaining to the government. Probably I did not put it in the right way and the continuation from the previous paragraph give people that impression. Apologize for that.

But hor these are what you have been saying for your dream landed.
Does it looks like asking for advise? Many people have already advised you isn't it?
You sure you're not grumbling in this forum?

This is what I know about you.

You work in bank backend earning about 4k.
Wife is working with total household income of 7k.
Currently still own 400k for hdb.
Potential rental from hdb is 2k.
Current household spending is $6050.

Your dream of owning a landed >2m with your family members.
It's good to have dream. But going for a dream which is beyond you is call suicide. Stretching to the max is also not advisable. You are not 20+, please do not drag your family members into this black hole.

Of course it's your life and if you insist, nobody can stop you. You can also ignore me as I'm a mudheaded old man waiting for my turn in the wooden box.

Good luck.

Can someone share with me how to get the remaining 40% for the downpayment? Thanks in advance.

I think I am doing below average since the general perception of household income to even afford a reasonable condo is to be of 12k/mth min.

Thanks for remembering me. However, I have a limited budget as my household income is around 7k++SGD, and an outstanding housing loan debt of 400k.

leashold has an expiry date.

In Singapore, it is to my own benefit (my belief) that a landed property would be a better bet to safeguard my basic interest as a home stayer. If landed property is out of touch, it will be a FH condo then.

This is primarily reason I prioritize my ideal home purchase in following order:

1. Landed FH
2. Condo FH 2 room or above @ D10, D15, D21
3. Condo FH/999 3 room or above @ D23 or other area but not Jurong West or Bukit Panjang.
4. Condo Leasehold 103/99 with BIG SPACE 4 room or above
5. EC/HDB 5 room

Why isn't anyone introducing or recommending me any landed property? I feel envious of threadstarter.

I am not greedy, as long I can afford the 2.3million SGD Pavilion Park landed I will be glad and grateful.

I am 35 year old this year. I have tried switching to frontline, but banks changed their mind after knowing I have kids to look after. They probably need someone who can committed to longer hours.

Currently, I have the following commitments:

1. 2 infant kids - cost around 1000SGD per month
2. 1 car - installment + petrol + insurance + misc = 1500SGD per month
3. Life insurance (Whole family) - 1200SGD per month
4. Utilities + internet - 350SGD per month
5. Food + entertainment expenses - 800SGD per month
6. Misc - 500SGD per month
7. HDB installment - 1700SGD per month (CPF Clear 1000SGD)

That's all.

Total =

I am open to all suggestions, but I have an outstanding loan of 460k.

My upfront cash component is only 100k at best. How am I going to get 1-2 condos then?

You are in a better financial health status than me. I am 35 year old this year.

I have two infant kids, one is 11+ months old, the other is coming soon. I have a 4.5 year old car too, but still financing with outstanding loan of 30kSGD.

Our family saving is around 100kSGD (cash/shares) in total, and our HDB flat in Central West area has an outstanding bank loan of 460kSGD.

I have missed the boat... I am sadden that I am incapable comparing to many fellow Singaporeans.

I worked in the bank, and I am intending to get 90% using staff housing loan plan if and if only I am eligible, subjected to manager's approval.

My household income is 7k+ with 2k+ rental = 10kSGD.

Why am I not buying then? Am I too conservative, aka Kiasi?

My trouble is - I cannot afford any project with my meagre budget.

I have 2 infant kids. However, singapore is small that Yishun/AMK primary schools are abundant.

This place is really serene and peaceful. I may plunge my whole fortune in it and take a 90% with my bank.

HDB Flat is afterall belongs to government and is of leasehold.

I want something which I can call my own space.

Arcachon
01-05-12, 20:36
You place too much trust in the 154th media. they publish one success case and you believe everyone is taken care of. doesn't that make you wonder why there its so much resentment against the establishment? in singapore there are safety nets for the needy,bottom 0.5-1%, I'm not referring to this guy.

Anyway good for you, you don't know any of these people. As I said, we are a privileged lot. Cheers mate.

I don't trust any media but I read www. and search google.

PN
01-05-12, 20:40
He young meh????

In general, regardless of age.
If cannot think despite numerous advise from others is no different from the youngster.

hyenergix
01-05-12, 20:42
In general, regardless of age.
If cannot think despite numerous advise from others is no different from the youngster.

He could be a millionaire behind the computer and owning several properties.

eng81157
01-05-12, 20:48
well, it's no harm having a dream but yet keep two whole feet firmly grounded on the ground.

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high and life worth living
My love for GCB would never die
I dreamed tio ToTo and I shift in......

p.s. sing to the tune of les miserables/susan boyle

ikan bilis
01-05-12, 20:53
Oooii... GCB only worth toto first prize meh ??... :D

eng81157
01-05-12, 20:55
Oooii... GCB only worth toto first prize meh ??... :D

downpayment for GCB lah......:D

yowetan
01-05-12, 20:55
Aiya. Don't say bitching leh.
I'm not saying you're complaining to the government. Probably I did not put it in the right way and the continuation from the previous paragraph give people that impression. Apologize for that.

But hor these are what you have been saying for your dream landed.
Does it looks like asking for advise? Many people have already advised you isn't it?
You sure you're not grumbling in this forum?

This is what I know about you.

You work in bank backend earning about 4k.
Wife is working with total household income of 7k.
Currently still own 400k for hdb.
Potential rental from hdb is 2k.
Current household spending is $6050.

Your dream of owning a landed >2m with your family members.
It's good to have dream. But going for a dream which is beyond you is call suicide. Stretching to the max is also not advisable. You are not 20+, please do not drag your family members into this black hole.

Of course it's your life and if you insist, nobody can stop you. You can also ignore me as I'm a mudheaded old man waiting for my turn in the wooden box.

Good luck.

I am profiling myself, and I will make the decision after consolidating my thoughts.

Your "good" and "magnanimous" intention is appreciated.

I will also like to thank you for quoting all the earlier statement(s) made by me.

I dun really care who are you, what's your gender, and your age. I am here for discussion, constructive discussion and debate(s) and not some cyber bashing. I can tolerate some criticism however I won't sit there like a dumb duck when people are making assumption based on my comments/statements.

Period.

ysyap
01-05-12, 21:01
well, it's no harm having a dream but yet keep two whole feet firmly grounded on the ground.

I dreamed tio ToTo and I shift in......

p.s. sing to the tune of les miserables/susan boyleDo complete the song leh... sing half way then cannot continue liao! :spliff2:

eng81157
01-05-12, 21:06
Do complete the song leh... sing half way then cannot continue liao! :spliff2:

I dreamed tio ToTo and I shift in

And every night I just can't sleep
Not to mention even dreaming
The banks keep hounding MEEEEEEE
GCB has killed the dream i dreamed

:D :D

ikan bilis
01-05-12, 21:08

:D :D

haha... that's a good one !!.... buy you a tiger beer later !!... :cheers4:

ysyap
01-05-12, 21:10

:D :DLike like.. :cool:

PN
01-05-12, 21:10
Do complete the song leh... sing half way then cannot continue liao! :spliff2:

He's leaving it to you to complete the rest in the dream tonight,

All the numbers will appears.

But remember to wake up & write them down
:D

But not enough for GCB lah. Landed still within reach

ysyap
01-05-12, 21:11

:DR u providing the numbers? Ok... buy u a BMW 5 if I tio! :cheers2:

eng81157
01-05-12, 21:23

But not enough for GCB lah. Landed still within reach

no harm in dreaming mah :)
now to tuck myself in and hope to see holy numbers. and to continue my medley......

And still I dream about my GCB
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

I woke up to find my life a dream
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now the bank has killed the dream I dreamed

PN
01-05-12, 21:38
no harm in dreaming mah :)
now to tuck myself in and hope to see holy numbers. and to continue my medley......

And still I dream about my GCB
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

I woke up to find my life a dream
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now the bank has killed the dream I dreamed

It's good to dream big.
I want to be the richest man in this world. :D

PN
01-05-12, 21:41
Oouch.... my wife just gave me a knocked me on my head. :doh:

Lao Bu Si De, haven't sleep & you already dreaming. You not young already ok!
Time to get to sleep lah.

OK OK. I dream in my sleep then.

maisonjai
01-05-12, 21:43
It's good to dream big.
I want to be the richest man in this world. :D
wah.....i dream richest in OCR enough liao :D

Arcachon
01-05-12, 21:48
Back to History before the CM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TUSdVxsLeaQ/T5_pb3oq4DI/AAAAAAAAHWE/hfkt1JK5G2w/s1600/B4+CM.JPG

http://vincentchan.wordpress.com/2011/01/16/tables-of-recent-property-measures/

House
01-05-12, 21:58
a content man is the richest man :D

Arcachon
01-05-12, 22:04
http://www.property-singapore.sg/singapore-property-measures.html

carbuncle
01-05-12, 22:05
Janitor here has even lower expectation: allow me to buy HDB... :p
You really janitor?

regency321
01-05-12, 22:08
I don't trust any media but I read www. and search google.
me too!
cheers mate.:cheers2:

Arcachon
01-05-12, 23:18
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3h2EL1gwQ-g/T5_-jUznM9I/AAAAAAAAHWQ/vLiaW3yEzz8/s1600/Property+driver.JPG

http://www.bis.org/publ/bppdf/bispap64h.pdf

Arcachon
01-05-12, 23:23
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JpoIMGqhkCc/S-WS7RwU5HI/AAAAAAAABiw/w19mBwjBQUc/s1600/PPI+1960+to+2010.gif

http://www.moneytalk.sg/2010/05/property-crash-of-1996.html

hyenergix
01-05-12, 23:36
You really janitor?

You will know how important I am when you have diarrhea and need instant access to the locked toilet :p

carbuncle
02-05-12, 00:00
Back to History before the CM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TUSdVxsLeaQ/T5_pb3oq4DI/AAAAAAAAHWE/hfkt1JK5G2w/s1600/B4+CM.JPG

http://vincentchan.wordpress.com/2011/01/16/tables-of-recent-property-measures/
Capital gains tax lifted in 2001? Was there ever?

lajia
02-05-12, 00:06
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JpoIMGqhkCc/S-WS7RwU5HI/AAAAAAAABiw/w19mBwjBQUc/s1600/PPI+1960+to+2010.gif

http://www.moneytalk.sg/2010/05/property-crash-of-1996.html

U guys are really informative....so what's the conclusion?:scared-5:

Arcachon
02-05-12, 00:13
Your guess is as good as mine.

Share trading is not risky when you know what is share, same goes with property investment. They can CM,CM,CM,CM and we can chiong chiong chiong....

Arcachon
02-05-12, 01:16
http://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=70&ved=0CGoQFjAJODw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdspace.mit.edu%2Fbitstream%2Fhandle%2F1721.1%2F32226%2F51888819.pdf%3Fsequence%3D1&ei=lAOgT7-IMeKk0QWIq-2kAw&usg=AFQjCNHDJDqN87sp9L3HUAlAJb6uChdWjQ&sig2=19qQVYAUxFi2bEFnoajujg

phantom_opera
02-05-12, 07:22
Dow hits 4-year high, lifted by ISM factory data
Reuters
The Dow closed at its highest level in more than four years on Tuesday after U.S. manufacturing expanded at a faster pace than expected in April, easing jitters about a slowdown in the economic recovery. ...

I voted that CCR will lead OCR to cheong to heaven in next 2y ... getting closer liao :cheers5:

We are not even in MANIA phase yet as GREED was killed by 4y SSD + 40% LTV ... basically CM4/CM5 has slowed it down (and the rich that can afford to buy sitting on the sidelines)... so we must depend on stock market now to lead the optimism

pmet
02-05-12, 08:22
There has been lots of foreign funds flowing into SG the past few weeks, get ready for a spike in property sales/prices :scared-1:

eng81157
02-05-12, 08:56
There has been lots of foreign funds flowing into SG the past few weeks, get ready for a spike in property sales/prices :scared-1:

is this proprietary knowledge or a crystal-ball speculation?

carbuncle
02-05-12, 11:46
Your guess is as good as mine.

Share trading is not risky when you know what is share, same goes with property investment. They can CM,CM,CM,CM and we can chiong chiong chiong....
CM = Chiong Man!!!!!

phantom_opera
02-05-12, 11:50
is this proprietary knowledge or a crystal-ball speculation?

M3
Mar 420,369.0
Jan 455,057.0
Feb 453,410.0
Mar P 462,461.7

M3 grows by 10% from Mar 2011 ... our GDP grows only 4.5% at most?? :banghead:

At this rate ... M3 as a per cent of GDP will probably go beyond 135% this year ... all time high

avo7007
02-05-12, 11:57
M3

At this rate ... M3 as a per cent of GDP will probably go beyond 135% this year ... all time high

Haha, I think this is the side effect of MAS's SGD appreciating policy. They are trying to put a lid on import inflation, but with the M3 growing at this rate inflation will not go down any time soon......

phantom_opera
02-05-12, 12:23
The smart investors are not going to settle for cash when M3 growth is going to outpace GDP growth by so much, some of the transactions closed in Feb/March already showing signs of picking up in resales around RCR with MRT which is inching towards 1,400psf:

WATERBANK AT DAKOTA DAKOTA CRESCENT Condominium 1 3,280,000 2,390 Strata 1,373psf Apr-12

TREVISTA LORONG 3 TOA PAYOH Condominium 1 1,217,500 915 Strata 1,331psf Apr-12

TREVISTA LORONG 3 TOA PAYOH Condominium 1 1,200,000 893 Strata 1,343 Mar-12

KOVAN RESIDENCES KOVAN ROAD Condominium 1 1,200,000 893 Strata 1,343 Apr-12

and Geylang hit another high note:

SMART SUITES SIMS AVENUE Apartment 1 1,218,000 764 Strata 1,594psf Apr-12

DKSG
02-05-12, 14:12
The smart investors are not going to settle for cash when M3 growth is going to outpace GDP growth by so much, some of the transactions closed in Feb/March already showing signs of picking up in resales around RCR with MRT which is inching towards 1,400psf:

WATERBANK AT DAKOTA DAKOTA CRESCENT Condominium 1 3,280,000 2,390 Strata 1,373psf Apr-12

TREVISTA LORONG 3 TOA PAYOH Condominium 1 1,217,500 915 Strata 1,331psf Apr-12

TREVISTA LORONG 3 TOA PAYOH Condominium 1 1,200,000 893 Strata 1,343 Mar-12

KOVAN RESIDENCES KOVAN ROAD Condominium 1 1,200,000 893 Strata 1,343 Apr-12

and Geylang hit another high note:

SMART SUITES SIMS AVENUE Apartment 1 1,218,000 764 Strata 1,594psf Apr-12

The Trevista one is AmAzinG!

phantom_opera
02-05-12, 14:18

Buyer net 35-40% profit since 2009 ... if based on 80% loan very good leverage

After Sky habit, sellers will up price again

Laguna
02-05-12, 15:35
The world's hottest real estate markets....must read

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47197011.../#.T54G1LNzV2A (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47197011/ns/business-world_business/#.T54G1LNzV2A)

carbuncle
02-05-12, 15:43
Tell me which wet market to find those carrots!!!!!

phantom_opera
02-05-12, 15:49
Caspian MM owner gets almost 100% price growth since 2009 (650psf->1300psf), if you buy the whole block of MMs in Caspian ... can retire liao

I heard that someone also bought entire block of Waterfront Isle 1br @ 9XXpsf .... will probably huat big time once 4y SSD is over

The world hottest's real estate market is MM in Singapore WOW !!!

carbuncle
02-05-12, 15:51

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47197011.../#.T54G1LNzV2A (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47197011/ns/business-world_business/#.T54G1LNzV2A)
Dear uncle Laguna, thanks for link. Finally I understood why CHINA buyers wont bat an eyelid buying up OCR property here at 1400-1600psf.

carbuncle
02-05-12, 15:52
Caspian MM owner gets almost 100% price growth since 2009 (650psf->1300psf), if you buy the whole block of MMs in Caspian ... can retire liao

I heard that someone also bought entire block of Waterfront Isle 1br @ 9XXpsf .... will probably huat big time once 4y SSD is over

The world hottest's real estate market is MM in Singapore WOW !!!
Sure took some a while to realise that... ;-)

gap969
02-05-12, 15:53

Does it mean Singapore has another 50+% to go before the bubble burst??:D :D

eng81157
02-05-12, 15:55
time to start flipping MMs to HUAT AH!!!!! and of course to fulfill my dreams.......:D

carbuncle
02-05-12, 16:01
Does it mean Singapore has another 50+% to go before the bubble burst??:D :D
Mai tu liao!!!!! Get onboard for the Part 2 before its too late...

proper-t
02-05-12, 16:01
Not surprising.... look at all this publicity:

Title:S'pore is 4th most desirable place to live & work: survey By:Date:02 May 2012 1431 hrs (SST) URL:http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1198729/1/.html
SINGAPORE: Singapore has moved up two spots to become the fourth most desirable place in the world to live and work, according to a survey by recruitment firm Hydrogen and business school ESCP Europe.

This is because Singapore has become an increasingly popular destination for multinational corporations over the past few years, said Hydrogen.

"We have seen companies from sectors as diverse as technology, energy, pharmaceutical and wealth management open offices here. The big question here is whether Singapore will become Asia's Silicon Valley or its Switzerland," said Simon Walker, Hydrogen's Asia MD.

While the three most popular places for survey respondents to live and work remain the US, the UK and Australia, their dominance is waning.

The report showed that 12 per cent picked the US as the top relocation destination, down from 18 per cent last year.

The UK and Australia each got 9 per cent of the votes, down from 10 per cent and 11 per cent respectively.

As Singapore becomes an increasingly attractive relocation destination for expatriates, Hydrogen said employers in the city state are finding that they have the pick of the world's top professional talent.

Mr Walker said: "Singapore has one of the lowest crime rates in the world, and it offers a clean and healthy environment free from traffic pollution.

"So it is not surprising that 88 per cent of those who have moved to Singapore feel that their living conditions have improved."

The report - which interviewed 2,353 people globally - also showed that the workforce was getting more internationalised. For example, 72 per cent of respondents said their employers see international experience as important or very important, up from 63 per cent in 2011.

- CNA/al

I envy Singapore: Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor

By Melissa Aw | Singapore Showbiz (http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/blogs/singapore-showbiz/) – Wed, Apr 25, 2012 12:47 AM SGT

"Let me tell you one thing about Singapore… this is the kind of world we must have. Whatever I've heard and whatever I've imagined, Singapore is that. It is the epitome of everything."
Making that bold declaration was none other than Bollywood superstar Anil Kapoor (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=Anil+Kapoor&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-today&vm=r&cs=bz), who was in town earlier this week to launch the 13th International Indian Film Academy (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=International+Indian+Film+Academy&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-today&vm=r&cs=bz) (IIFA) which is slated to take place in the city-state from 7 to 9 June.

During his 10-minute long speech, Kapoor revealed that he envies Singapore for its "unimaginable" and "incredible" progress and diversity, as well as its top-class education system that convinced him to enroll his eldest daughter in a local school.

"If you want to sleep well at night, if you want to feel secure, if you want your child to get the best education and get the best of everything from all over the world, that's Singapore," the 54-year-old explained.

S'pore to be second biggest gaming destination after Macau
By Thomas Cho | Posted: 02 May 2012 1340 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singapore is poised to be the second biggest gaming destination in the world after Macau.

Last year, analysts had made the same prediction but the outcome from the two integrated resorts in Singapore fell short of this expectation.

Analysts are confident that after Marina Bay Sands (MBS) strong numbers, gross gaming revenue from the two local integrated resorts may overtake Las Vegas Strip by end of this year.

MBS raked in gross gaming revenue of over US$2 billion last year.

Meanwhile, its rival Resorts World Sentosa recorded net gaming revenue of close to US$2.6 billion in 2011.

Analysts said the combined gross gaming revenue of Singapore's two casinos is about US$5.7 billion.

This is just a shy away from the total gaming revenue of US$6.1 billion collected from more than 20 casinos along Las Vegas Strip.

With MBS's recent strong first quarter showing, some analysts are upbeat that Singapore's gaming industry will overtake Las Vegas this year.

MBS posted net revenue of US$848.7 million in the first quarter this year. Its casino earnings rose 51 per cent to US$701.3 million.

Terence Wong, co-head of research at DMG and Partners Research said: "For this year, it should be able to take over Las Vegas as the number two top gaming spot globally and that is on the back of huge masses going over there (Marina Bay Sands) and on top of that, I think VIPs are much sort after. RWS already has their own international marketing agents which bring them (patrons) over here."

Analysts expect Singapore's gross gaming revenue to hit US$6.5 billion this year versus the Strip's US$6 billion.

Experts said Singapore remains attractive to the high rollers because it offers more than just gaming.

Unlike Macau where gaming accounts for 90 per cent of its economy, there are other tourist attractions and activity for the family too.

Director of corporates at Fitch Ratings Nandini Vijayaraghaven added: "Gaming in Singapore is stable to positive, it is a preferred tourist destination. It is a regulated market with two casinos, both operating under long licence period and in exclusivity period build within the licence period."

Casino patrons' stay in Singapore is usually longer on each visit of around four days.

This helped boost income from the integrated resorts as well.

In the fourth quarter last year, data from the tourism authority show that tourists spent S$1.3 billion in sightseeing and entertainment including gaming.

Richard Linstrom, dean at University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Singapore Campus, said: "Las Vegas Sands has a kind of unique expertise in the high rollers upscale market, I think it'll be difficult for regional operators over the short term to match that. I think over the longer term there'll be adjustments by all the companies in Asia and there'll be room for everyone to compete."

Genting Singapore will report its earnings, which includes Resort World Sentosa on 10 May.

Analysts expect gaming revenue from Resorts World Sentosa to increase but it may fall short of the performance shown by MBS.

- CNA/ck

phantom_opera
02-05-12, 16:04
Another hugely profitable 1br:

DOUBLE BAY RESIDENCES SIMEI STREET 4 Condominium 1 680,000 560 Strata 1,215psf Sep-11

When launched in April 2011, was 750psf only i.e. 430k, now asking prices above 700k (1300psf)

Quoted old news:
Sizes for the units vary and they are priced at S$420,000 to $480,000
for the one bedroom

60% price growth since 2009 !!! Less than the Caspian MM .. so the smaller it is, the more HUAT !!!

carbuncle
02-05-12, 16:15
Another hugely profitable 1br:

DOUBLE BAY RESIDENCES SIMEI STREET 4 Condominium 1 680,000 560 Strata 1,215psf Sep-11

When launched in April 2011, was 750psf only i.e. 430k, now asking prices above 700k (1300psf)

Quoted old news:
Sizes for the units vary and they are priced at S$420,000 to $480,000
for the one bedroom

60% price growth since 2009 !!! Less than the Caspian MM .. so the smaller it is, the more HUAT !!!
Welcome to the MM supporter club...

phantom_opera
02-05-12, 17:12
Welcome to the MM supporter club...

Other MM kings:

ALEXIS ALEXANDRA ROAD Apartment 1 720,000 398 Strata 1,808psf Jan-12

2009 HOTTEST NEW LAUNCH
$4XXK!!! $4XXK!!! $4XXK!!!

8@WOODLEIGH WOODLEIGH CLOSE Condominium 1 650,000 398 Strata 1,632psf Mar-12

was 1000psf in 2009

:banghead: Should have bought more !!!

price
02-05-12, 17:19
Other MM kings:

ALEXIS ALEXANDRA ROAD Apartment 1 720,000 398 Strata 1,808psf Jan-12

2009 HOTTEST NEW LAUNCH
$4XXK!!! $4XXK!!! $4XXK!!!

8@WOODLEIGH WOODLEIGH CLOSE Condominium 1 650,000 398 Strata 1,632psf Mar-12

was 1000psf in 2009

:banghead: Should have bought more !!!

wow 99 years selling @ 1.6k psf. those FH MMs toping soon near MRT can sell at $2k psf?

phantom_opera
02-05-12, 17:22
Enough said ... which stage you think OCR / RCR MM is in?
I think it is in between Enthusiasm & GREED phase, very soon every MM below 1400psf near MRT, 1200psf with future MRT, 1000psf no MRT will be cleaned up in days

:cheers1:

price
02-05-12, 17:31
I think it is in GREED phase

no lar, many who cant afford big condos and need a home to stay immediately will choose MM .

phantom_opera
02-05-12, 17:48
Very soon, nothing in OCR new project will be below 1000psf

THE ESTUARY YISHUN AVENUE 1 Condominium 1 950,000 904 Strata 1,051psf Apr-12

desfrie
02-05-12, 17:54
As I have mentioned in other threads, Singaporeans standing on the sidelines have started to move in CCR.

phantom_opera
02-05-12, 20:20
据全球最大的英国私人房地产顾问公司莱坊Knight Frank统计,由2006年第四季至2011年第四季的房地产升幅,最火热的10个国家和地区中,中国大陆在这5年楼市的升幅高达110.9%,令人咋舌,荣登榜首;香港排第二位,升幅达93.7%,远远“抛离”升幅54.5%、排第三的是以色列。

至于新加坡,升幅是50.5%,排名第4。

Singapore ranked #4 hottest real estate market in the world

ikan bilis
02-05-12, 20:34
据全球最大的英国私人房地产顾问公司莱坊Knight Frank统计,由2006年第四季至2011年第四季的房地产升幅,最火热的10个国家和地区中,中国大陆在这5年楼市的升幅高达110.9%,令人咋舌,荣登榜首;香港排第二位,升幅达93.7%,远远“抛离”升幅54.5%、排第三的是以色列。

至于新加坡,升幅是50.5%,排名第4。

Singapore ranked #4 hottest real estate market in the world

knight frank zhun boh ??...
hdb index at 2006Q4=103.6 2011Q4=190.4, 84% increase

or they look at URA residential index only? or everything residential, commercial all included but excludes hdb??..

30years
02-05-12, 20:50

Where are we??

New launches like Sky Habitat at "New Paradigm"? Resale at "Denial" phase?

minority
02-05-12, 23:44
I think it is in between Enthusiasm & GREED phase, very soon every MM below 1400psf near MRT, 1200psf with future MRT, 1000psf no MRT will be cleaned up in days

then rent to who? after a while reality seep in all holding MM twiddling thumb

kane
03-05-12, 00:06
Is rental market picking up? I'm been getting some feedback in that space.

kane
03-05-12, 00:07
New launches like Sky Habitat at "New Paradigm"? Resale at "Denial" phase?

Where got denial phase on the chart?

regency321
03-05-12, 00:41
Where got denial phase on the chart?

immediately after "New Paradigm"

regency321
03-05-12, 00:46
actually we could already be between the "bull trap" and "Return to normal" stage, judging from the spike in transactions in the last month.

With the coming elections in europe and woes in spain, it could possibly start the ball rolling.

dtrax
03-05-12, 01:26
Renting still going strong, how to drop?? Unless like Mr B said North Korea bomb South Korea, Iran attacks Israel lol..

1. Ten Years Series on rental contract numbers in Singapore
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8152/6990027792_b8fbb93b52_c.jpg

2. Rental contract UPTREND and STABLE vacancy rate for last 4 yrs

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8006/6990032222_df403f6a3a_z.jpg

3. Supply Pipeline [based on URA last property report]

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7202/6990034482_654d908123.jpg

4. How screw up URA is at predicting expected future supply vs actual supply

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6045/6327121975_a381008e98_z.jpg

having said that I still vote for bubble popping.. lol

hyenergix
03-05-12, 06:04
Renting still going strong, how to drop?? Unless like Mr B said North Korea bomb South Korea, Iran attacks Israel lol..

1. Ten Years Series on rental contract numbers in Singapore
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8152/6990027792_b8fbb93b52_c.jpg

2. Rental contract UPTREND and STABLE vacancy rate for last 4 yrs

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8006/6990032222_df403f6a3a_z.jpg

3. Supply Pipeline [based on URA last property report]

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7202/6990034482_654d908123.jpg

4. How screw up URA is at predicting expected future supply vs actual supply

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6045/6327121975_a381008e98_z.jpg

having said that I still vote for bubble popping.. lol

In the ten-year series, rental contract in May 2006 and Jan 2008 dropped sharply. I don't recall any special events during that period. Is this chart accurate?

For the supply pipeline, developers and contractors are more efficient these days. So for mass market project, just shift the actual TOP date forward by 1-2 years. For boutique MMs, shift forward by 2-3 years. So the actual number of units TOP in 2012 should be somewhere between the numbers of 2013 and 2014, say 14,500.

dtrax
03-05-12, 06:23
I guess it is because I plotted as line chart that is why when one of the month in 2006 barely over 600 rental, it looks like a V shape, the other months were nothing abnormal. As for why it is 6xx rental contracts only for this month, I am not sure as well

hopeful
03-05-12, 07:55
Dtrax, how can actual completion be CONSISTENTLY above expected completion from 2003 onwards?
Because if expected completion is lets say 70000 from 2012-2015, some years actual will be higher, some years actual will be lower than expected, because sum of units launched is a known figure.

1997-2003 is credible, because som years, actual is higher, some years actual is lower.

I would say developers are deliberately understating the figures, so that it seems supply would be less, or to encourage more land sales

dtrax
03-05-12, 11:41
Dtrax, how can actual completion be CONSISTENTLY above expected completion from 2003 onwards?
Because if expected completion is lets say 70000 from 2012-2015, some years actual will be higher, some years actual will be lower than expected, because sum of units launched is a known figure.

1997-2003 is credible, because som years, actual is higher, some years actual is lower.

I would say developers are deliberately understating the figures, so that it seems supply would be less, or to encourage more land sales

Haha for that figures, this is taken directly from URA. you might wish to clarify with them on that

minority
03-05-12, 13:23
won't burst! will just get bigger n bigger!

Arcachon
03-05-12, 13:26
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/529070_3347947250411_1020706983_32488673_2146162299_n.jpg

eng81157
03-05-12, 13:38
what bubble? we need 30000 new immigrants per year, not 25000.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1198946/1/.html

minority
03-05-12, 13:49

HUAT BIG BIG!

regency321
03-05-12, 13:57
Bubble also getting bigger and bigger. If the people who buy now can 'Huat', then our children will be buying 1.5mil HDB in future.

This bubble going to be quite bloody I think...

avo7007
03-05-12, 15:47

Sometime I wonder about these studies. If the assumptions is to keep the proportion of young and old at some "golden ratio" we need to keep importing FT. But if our total birth rate is still below replenishment rate, weren't just mean we need to import 50K FT or more in the year 2050 just to keep the "golden ratio"? I think we need to buy over Batam.:)

gn108
03-05-12, 15:55
I mentioned this earlier...
Present solution is just kicking the 'snowball' down the slope.

Import more FT/immigrants now to keep SG growing/etc, then they 'learn' that less children is the way to go, then the cycle continues only the problem is bigger but deferred.

Main problem is that SG, as nation, is not reproducing to replace ourselves.
Solution must address this fundermental issue...

Sometime I wonder about these studies. If the assumptions is to keep the proportion of young and old at some "golden ratio" we need to keep importing FT. But if our total birth rate is still below replenishment rate, weren't just mean we need to import 50K FT or more in the year 2050 just to keep the "golden ratio"? I think we need to buy over Batam.:)

Arcachon
03-05-12, 18:08

Import more FT/immigrants now to keep SG growing/etc, then they 'learn' that less children is the way to go, then the cycle continues only the problem is bigger but deferred.

Looking at the wrong problem, the problem is Singapore is too small. A little red dot. Reproducing to replace ourselves is not as good as getting FT/immigrants. with FT we don't need to wait for 20+ years, we can get it as and when we need by import.

Laguna
03-05-12, 18:21
Singapore is not the only country where population is under replacement rate. China, Japen, Germany etc etc. But they dun import FT.

Also, these FT will get old and also their birth rate is low. As such, there is no end to the problem. We hv to keep importing.

DKSG
03-05-12, 18:40
Singapore is not the only country where population is under replacement rate. China, Japen, Germany etc etc. But they dun import FT.

Also, these FT will get old and also their birth rate is low. As such, there is no end to the problem. We hv to keep importing.

I think both needs to be done. Encourage people to give birth AND import whatever shortfall we may face.

Economic success is the fundamental of our society that we cannot take for granted. It MUST take top priority. We have the opportunity to talk/complain abt quality of life BECAUSE we achieved economic success (to a large extent). If we are like some of our neighbouring countries, you will be focusing on high electricity prices, rice price, etc.

Think my friends, Think!
DKSG

phantom_opera
03-05-12, 18:41
so 100y later, Japan can still retain its culture .. Singapore will be totally different as everybody will be replaced by FT... it may not even exist in 200y time :scared-4:

the education system (especially primary) in Singapore is simply too stressful to have so many kids.. the government still never get it

DKSG
03-05-12, 18:45
so 100y later, Japan can still retain its culture .. Singapore will be totally different ... it may not even exist in 200y time :scared-4:

100y later Japan can still retain its culture because it is RICH!
Japan managed to amass HUGE reserves during the good days for her to use it now to sustain herself.

If the population continues to decline at the current date, Japan will soon become a historical country! Or be over run by sudden huge influx of foreigners wiping off its whatever cultures you see now.

The world is about evolution, mindless retention of "culture" is useless. If Japan starts to open up, more migrants will go and its "culture will start to change, but thats inevitable for Japan to carry on.

DKSG
PS : Can Sg reverse the declining birth rate ? I doubt so. We have brought up 2-3 generations of human beings by brainwashing them to place material gains over happiness or that happiness = material gains. We cant change that now, we can only move forward and slowly change it (it will take decades).

ysyap
03-05-12, 19:12
I think both needs to be done. Encourage people to give birth AND import whatever shortfall we may face.

Economic success is the fundamental of our society that we cannot take for granted. It MUST take top priority. We have the opportunity to talk/complain abt quality of life BECAUSE we achieved economic success (to a large extent). If we are like some of our neighbouring countries, you will be focusing on high electricity prices, rice price, etc.

Think my friends, Think!
DKSGAs much as we recognise the importance of striking that intricate balance between encouraging fertility and bringing in FT/FW, there is evidently a huge disparity in terms of how much funds has been set aside for each.

As I mentioned in other threads, bringing in FT/FW will carry with it juicy levies which can easily offset any potential losses incurred, etc (which is definitely less than that incurred by encouraging and promoting higher fertility). Promoting higher fertility would naturally imply greater payment by our govt, from school fee subsidies to CDA to income tax relief, etc. In short, given a choice between the two, which one will be chosen? Isn't the answer obvious. :D

maisonjai
03-05-12, 21:59
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-27/the-bank-of-japan-not-as-powerful-as-tokyo-thinks.html
Unfortunately, Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda's team is focused elsewhere: raising taxes. A hike in the consumption tax to 10 percent over the next three years is meant to help pay down a public debt that's more than twice the size of the economy. It will slam consumption, though, worsening Japan's woes.

Japan needs to raise productivity, increase immigration, get serious about signing free-trade agreements, improve corporate governance, better utilize its female workforce, stimulate ground-up entrepreneurship and up the national birthrate...........

Raise taxes to fund their pension, silver tsunami approaching. One thing I admire is that, they willing accept this tax raise. If it's Sg, netizens will cbcw & threaten to vote ruling party out liao.

teddybear
03-05-12, 22:10
Actually there are 3 problems to solve in order to achieve a sustainable serviced-based knowledge-based domestic economy that will not be so volatile and so much affected by whatever recession outside of Singapore (just like US):
1) To achieve a knowledge-based high-end high-income economy, we need high calibre people, of which singapore doesn't have enough.
2) Singapore absolute population including foreigners and PRs are just too small! Even if singaporeans are reproducing at replacement rate of 2.0, the population is still too small! So need to import more high-calibre people. As a guide, Singapore needs may be >12m population?
3) Add on the problem that singaporeans are reproducing at 1.2 instead of 2.0 rate and we need to import more people!

So you see, regardless of singaporeans reproduce enough to replace themselves or not, we need to import more high-calibre foreigners. :beats-me-man:

Originally Posted by avo7007

phantom_opera
03-05-12, 22:12
Time to summarize the poll since the number is not growing much.

1. Equal # of votes for extreme bull (will buy more now) and extreme bear (will crash now)

2. Substantial # of bullish votes on the belief that CCR will lead the next upswing

Since there are about 40% of voters think we are about to crash or near the peak ... I can only conclude that we are not at the peak yet as it means there are many ppl either just sold, missed the boat or waiting on the sidelines to get a good deal

We shall have another poll after CM6 ... it will come, the question is when and what is in there :scared-4:

hyenergix
03-05-12, 22:16
Time to summarize the poll since the number is not growing much.

1. Equal # of votes for extreme bull (will buy more now) and extreme bear (will crash now)

2. Substantial # of bullish votes on the belief that CCR will lead the next upswing

Since there are so many ppl that think we are about to crash ... I can only conclude that we are not at the peak yet as it means there are many ppl either just sold, missed the boat or waiting on the sidelines to get a good deal

We shall have another poll after CM6 ... it will come, the question is when and what is in there :scared-4:

Pls note tt:

1. Ur sample size is insufficient
2. Ur voters r not representative of e population
3. U cannot know whether e voters r telling e truth

U shd juz treat e pool as a fun peek of e forumers here n not extrapolate further.

maisonjai
03-05-12, 22:26
When SH reached dizzy heights, some felt prices are peaking then such news appears. It may cause panic buying again especially those on sidelines.

Immigration inevitable for Singapore: report
By Imelda Saad Posted: 03 May 2012 1658 hrs
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1199012/1/.html

phantom_opera
03-05-12, 22:30
Pls note tt:

1. Ur sample size is insufficient
2. Ur voters r not representative of e population
3. U cannot know whether e voters r telling e truth

U shd juz treat e pool as a fun peek of e forumers here n not extrapolate further.

CDL's Kwek : property is all about sentiment ...

He was dead right when he said this in the depth of crisis in 2009 ... I remembered he scolded the analysts in the press conference for being too negative

Yes the sample size is too small but it reflects the sentiment :cool:

hyenergix
03-05-12, 22:38
CDL's Kwek : property is all about sentiment ...

He was dead right when he said this in the depth of crisis in 2009 ... I remembered he scolded the analysts in the press conference for being too negative

Yes the sample size is too small but it reflects the sentiment :cool:

Mostly bulls here n want to buy.
Mis spellings... Poll. K.o.
He v heng bcoz of govt mistakes in immigration policies.

phantom_opera
03-05-12, 22:47
Mostly bulls here n want to buy.
Mis spellings... Poll. K.o.
He v heng bcoz of govt mistakes in immigration policies.

mistake?! IPS report said:

For all scenarios, it is assumed that Singapore will take in 30,000 new citizens or Permanent Residents every year, and the country's Total Fertility Rate remains at 1.24.

gn108
04-05-12, 09:36
Yes - agreed. It starts from 'play-school' which isn't play at all.

Children are 'schooled' to attained excellence rather than the journey. Extrapolate this for the next 18 years and once they start working - why would they want slow down after all they have been through so far? Marriage is deferred - and so are children.

It's an attitude towards life...and we are self-exterminating ourselves in the process.

Import more FT? Once they're Singaporean, they'll adopt it's values and the circle of continues.

the education system (especially primary) in Singapore is simply too stressful to have so many kids.. the government still never get it[/quote]

gn108
04-05-12, 09:45
Depends on what you wish for SG...to evolve it's own identity, then yes - we should try to increase fertility rate to replacement levels.

If we just see SG as a Trading Post ver 3.0, then by all means import more FT, PRs etc. Culture will be ever-changing and national identity will be elusive.

So are we a Nation or are we a City?
A city will grow and reach it a pinnacle and then wither ...a nation grows stronger with it's people common culture and support.

DKSG
PS : Can Sg reverse the declining birth rate ? I doubt so. We have brought up 2-3 generations of human beings by brainwashing them to place material gains over happiness or that happiness = material gains. We cant change that now, we can only move forward and slowly change it (it will take decades).

phantom_opera
17-07-12, 21:37
reflecting the extreme views of this poll, the world is either the Paul Krugman print-until-you-drop camp or German-pain-in-the-ass-austerity:

Richard Duncan argues that governments in the developed world should borrow “massive” amounts of money at the current low interest rates to invest in new technologies like renewable energy and genetic engineering.

“Even if this is wasted, at least we could enjoy this civilization for another ten years before it collapses,” he said.

phantom_opera
22-07-12, 19:11
Prime Manila property is equally HOT:

At the Fort, Ayala Land this year broke ground on its US$714-million One Bonifacio High Street project, which when completed in 2017 will host the Philippine Stock Exchange, a Shangri-La hotel, and retail outlets.

The Manila project also has a 63-storey residential tower, with 298 suites ranging from US$500,000-US$1.9 million that sold out last month in 96 hours, according to the company.

=> Looks like prime properties everywhere in Bangkok, Singapore, Manila, London, Shanghai, Bombay became "my precious" :scared-3:

Allthepies
22-07-12, 19:19
50years loan means property will have a few more good years to run!

supermax
22-07-12, 19:27

At the Fort, Ayala Land this year broke ground on its US$714-million One Bonifacio High Street project, which when completed in 2017 will host the Philippine Stock Exchange, a Shangri-La hotel, and retail outlets.

The Manila project also has a 63-storey residential tower, with 298 suites ranging from US$500,000-US$1.9 million that sold out last month in 96 hours, according to the company.

=> Looks like prime properties everywhere in Bangkok, Singapore, Manila, London, Shanghai, Bombay became "my precious" :scared-3:

What about Kuala Lumpur?

indomie
22-07-12, 20:06

U left out Jakarta, the no. 1 property firework in asean. The last launching 1000 people balloting for houses just outside Jakarta. This is after the price doubling in price from a previous launch just over a year ago. Imagine u doubling your money in just one year.

heroes
22-07-12, 21:30
U left out Jakarta, the no. 1 property firework in asean. The last launching 1000 people balloting for houses just outside Jakarta. This is after the price doubling in price from a previous launch just over a year ago. Imagine u doubling your money in just one year.
Yes very HOT here :D especially serpong area.. 700% in last 7years...:cheers4:

kane
22-07-12, 21:51
Feels like the mid 90s.

heroes
22-07-12, 21:58
Feels like the mid 90s.
Then booomm... Like 97-98 :doh:

kane
22-07-12, 22:22
Then booomm... Like 97-98 :doh:

prior to 1997, the price index went exponential. We haven't seen that kind of gradient in a very long time.

Allthepies
22-07-12, 22:25
prior to 1997, the price index went exponential. We haven't seen that kind of gradient in a very long time.

Does tat mean the big fall which a group of people is waiting is not gg to happen yet?

Laguna
22-07-12, 22:26

They have very tight foreign ownership controls
not so easy

Arcachon
23-07-12, 00:13
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PUxNFWTz0Ho/UAwmU4IF45I/AAAAAAAAHmQ/IhuxZbpA1gA/s1600/SGD+IDR.JPG

If change money IDR to SGD in 1999 at 4K IDR to 1 SGD after 12 years the money appreciate to 7.5K IDR 87.5 % increase. At 7.29% return.

Arcachon
23-07-12, 03:39
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific_business/view/1214989/1/.html

The rupiah has declined more than nine per cent in the past 12 months, the most drastic drop in Asia after the plunge in India's rupee, which hit an all-time low in May.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/components/display_image.php?id=477318

Arcachon
23-07-12, 03:46
A Indian colleague of mine very smart, transfer his SGD to India's rupee and bank it in India and get 11 % interest. He told us every year he go back India all expense pay by the interest earn from the deposit so smart:scared-1:.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GQxnk5GA9Yw/UAxYcp1ccJI/AAAAAAAAHmc/nzWqPf6E3Mo/s1600/SGDINR.JPG

Arcachon
23-07-12, 03:52
Another more smart, he transfer all his saving from SGD to Euro when the banker told us BNP bank is giving special 4 % interest for bank deposit:scared-1:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FwV2XmMixTY/UAxZt7yqNLI/AAAAAAAAHmk/YLf3zUlwP20/s1600/SGD+EUR.JPG

Arcachon
23-07-12, 03:55
cannot post photo

indomie
23-07-12, 07:25
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PUxNFWTz0Ho/UAwmU4IF45I/AAAAAAAAHmQ/IhuxZbpA1gA/s1600/SGD+IDR.JPG

If change money IDR to SGD in 1999 at 4K IDR to 1 SGD after 12 years the money appreciate to 7.5K IDR 87.5 % increase. At 7.29% return.

The jakarta property boom only happen a couple of year ago. Maybe around the same time as singapore. Of course the currency went down from 7000 to 7500 now. But for indonesian standard that's nothing. Of course u have to marry an Indonesian wife to buy a property there. My point is singapore property bubble would be a lot bigger if unregulated like indonesia.

phantom_opera
23-07-12, 09:34
Moral of the story: Foreign currency FD is one of the most risky investment class nowadays. Low return but high risk.

Why? Because you can no longer trust fiat money. Central banks of the world can suka suka lower interest rate to zero, print money overnight ... like amk said, how many garmens in the world has deficit??

AUD also super risky ... if mild deflation strikes 1 to 1 SGD anytime, if depression strikes, SGD will be stronger than AUD

indomie
23-07-12, 10:05
Moral of the story: Foreign currency FD is one of the most risky investment class nowadays. Low return but high risk.

Why? Because you can no longer trust fiat money. Central banks of the world can suka suka lower interest rate to zero, print money overnight ... like amk said, how many garmens in the world has deficit??

AUD also super risky ... if mild deflation strikes 1 to 1 SGD anytime, if depression strikes, SGD will be stronger than AUD
The only way to play foreign property market if u have a huge risk appetite is:
1. Let's say u have 600k in cash to buy 1million dollar property in singapore.
2. U use 300k as deposit for a singapore property
3. U use 300k to buy out right in cash for property in hanoi, manila, mumbai, or any other hot spot.
4. If your overseas investment goes double in one or two years u can pay off the remaining singapore property in cash.

However u have currency risk, lack of local property knowledge, timing risk, or simply bad luck. If u are a gambling man, anything is better than zero fix deposit rate in singapore.

phantom_opera
23-07-12, 10:08
The only way to play foreign property market if u have a huge risk appetite is:
1. Let's say u have 600k in cash to buy 1million dollar property in singapore.
2. U use 300k as deposit for a singapore property
3. U use 300k to buy out right in cash for property in hanoi, manila, mumbai, or any other hot spot.
4. If your overseas investment goes double in one or two years u can pay off the remaining singapore property in cash.

However u have currency risk, lack of local property knowledge, timing risk, or simply bad luck. If u are a gambling man, anything is better than zero fix deposit rate in singapore.

agree, 1% FD in Singapore is equally risky .... I am hungry for 7% yield 30y lock-in ... where to find hah?? HDB with rental can yield 7% for 30y guarantee??

phantom_opera
23-07-12, 11:05
Time to conclude this poll, let us review the options:

Bubble, what bubble? I am going to chiong for my first PC or buy another soon !!! 26 28.89%

[phantom] project near MRT is still red hot, judging from response to Parc Centros, so many people are in this camp when they smell a good deal

780k resale HDB @ Eunos is a good start, HDB resale price should be at least 1 million!!! 4 4.44%

[phantom] HDB resale price has stabilized but expected to climb if salary goes up

Watertown psf is plain crazy, bubble is developing 6 6.67%
[phantom] It is almost sold out, so far yet to see another crazy psf OCR project but Geylang has reached 1500psf

Buy CCR now ... CCR will lead the next wave to heaven 17 18.89%

[phantom] 10% ABSD has dampened price growth in CCR

I think Sky Habitat @ 1700psf means we are close to the peak 14 15.56%

[phantom] Sky Habitat cannot sell subsequently after launch

Bubble will go bust anytime now
[phantom] Spain bond yield is getting higher by the day, would ECB lower rate to below zero? Print money? open-ended QE3 from US Fed??

Conclusion: Far from peaking ... some signs of bubble invalidated subsequently, the world is full of uncertainties now

Leeds
23-07-12, 11:38
Often, the different between a winner and a loser is the ability to see beyond the numbers. Numbers tell you only the past and the present but not the future.

phantom_opera
23-07-12, 11:52
Often, the different between a winner and a loser is the ability to see beyond the numbers. Numbers tell you only the past and the present but not the future.

So you can predict future?? :jump-for-joy: :not-worthy:

Leeds
23-07-12, 11:57
So you can predict future?? :jump-for-joy: :not-worthy:

The different between a winner and a loser is the ability to see beyond today's numbers. Many will get it wrong and some will get it right. Like a football game, you need some luck to be a winner.

phantom_opera
23-07-12, 11:58
The different between a winner and a loser is the ability to see beyond today's numbers. Many will get it wrong and some will get it right. Like a football game, you need some luck to be a winner.

ok ... you are a Philosopher :D

Vincegoh
23-07-12, 12:45
even a broken clock gets it right twice a day.

so no one is always right.. and no one is always wrong. :D

indomie
23-07-12, 12:50
even a broken clock gets it right twice a day.

so no one is always right.. and no one is always wrong. :D
My wife is always right.... I am always wrong

zzz1
23-07-12, 12:57
My wife is always right.... I am always wrong
maybe your wife is wrong at the 1st instance to marry you..or you are right by marring her ?:D :D

indomie
23-07-12, 13:12
maybe your wife is wrong at the 1st instance to marry you..or you are right by marring her ?:D :D
No.... My wife (aka her royal highness) is right to marry me. Was I wrong? Don't ask....

gn108
23-07-12, 15:28
We are soul-brothers!

No.... My wife (aka her royal highness) is right to marry me. Was I wrong? Don't ask....

zzz1
23-07-12, 16:31
LOl........:)

carbuncle
23-07-12, 20:55
a bubble is only thus defined upon hindsight. nobody ever sees themselves in one.

Rysk
23-07-12, 21:21

Quite serious now!!
I mean later when the bubble bust.. price will shoot UP!! :scared-1:

If you are aware, you should notice by now.. resales on the market is getting lesser & lesser.. advertisement also getting lesser now.. cos of the side effect of the ABSD.

For every 1000 resale units sold.. 99% of the same units will not put up for sale in the market for the next 3-4 years..

Not forgetting that this is only the 1st year since the last CM implemented.. coming to 2nd to 3rd year even worst.. more units sold & lesser units for sale in the market..

Lots of pent up demand that's why you see some desperate one (like MR B & MR S) who has been waiting & waiting & waiting.. end up cannot tahan started a thread to do cut & paste of bad news.. :D

chestnut
23-07-12, 21:41
I think this is not about bubble. The govt has a part in this. When they wanted property to go up, they allowed ias, they open gate to foreigners, they actually give hints. And the prices went up.

Now they also give hints like - if market moves too much, more measures will be put in place.

If not for CMs, the prices will shoot thru the roof. So expect to see slow increase in prices. Not like the past.

So far, I have let go 1 last year and 1 last month. Still hold on to a couple. If price do drop, I will go in again. If it goes up, well, I can count on my couple of units.

CCR
25-07-12, 08:27
inflation running at 5-6%..

If property prices stays flat for 3 years....
then prices would have actually reduced by 15%...

If you monitor that KBW is saying, he is happy if prices stay at current level... no need for prices to drop at all...

sh
25-07-12, 08:32

If you monitor that KBW is saying, he is happy if prices stay at current level... no need for prices to drop at all...

If FH properties stay flat.... LH properties prices would have dropped another 1% per year (very rough guess depending on age of property)

However, if you have bank loan... your bank loan also reduces by inflation rate less interest rates too... :cheers4:

Arcachon
25-07-12, 22:25

Let that plus and minus every easy. If Flat for 20 year Singapore property is free.

CCR
26-07-12, 08:38
Let that plus and minus every easy. If Flat for 20 year Singapore property is free.

That is actually true...
Coz by then you would have finished paying for your condo...
Look at HDB flats and condo prices 20 years ago....

HDB 4 room in bukit merah 80k...
Pandan Valley free hold.... 450k for 2000 sqft....

Isnt it almost same as free now....

chestnut
26-07-12, 11:19
That is actually true...
Coz by then you would have finished paying for your condo...
Look at HDB flats and condo prices 20 years ago....

HDB 4 room in bukit merah 80k...
Pandan Valley free hold.... 450k for 2000 sqft....

Isnt it almost same as free now....

Bro, you very smart. not many people know about this. we were thot to be kia su, kia see. many people say those who bot for investment in 97 stupid.. i beg to differ. if they held on to the unit and rented it out for the past 15 yrs, the tenant already paid half of what they owe the bank. on paper assuming they price bot is same as price current(which is not the case as the prices today are more then 1997), assuming a loan of 1mil, assumption is at least 400k paid up on the loan already. this is the profit. assuming a downpayment of 200k. they made double.

of course if for own stay, nothing to say. you need a house means you need a house and you have no choice but to get it now, unless you have a free lodging with your parents or your rent, or something. then, bo pian.

phantom_opera
26-07-12, 12:07
The cost of borrowing money in AAA rated country :p

http://im.media.ft.com/content/images/5190f03c-d67d-11e1-bd9c-00144feabdc0.img

CCR
26-07-12, 13:52
Bro, you very smart. not many people know about this. we were thot to be kia su, kia see. many people say those who bot for investment in 97 stupid.. i beg to differ. if they held on to the unit and rented it out for the past 15 yrs, the tenant already paid half of what they owe the bank. on paper assuming they price bot is same as price current(which is not the case as the prices today are more then 1997), assuming a loan of 1mil, assumption is at least 400k paid up on the loan already. this is the profit. assuming a downpayment of 200k. they made double.

of course if for own stay, nothing to say. you need a house means you need a house and you have no choice but to get it now, unless you have a free lodging with your parents or your rent, or something. then, bo pian.

Its a no brainer....
In a growing economy, with growing population, rising income level and a huge rising middle class in Asia, and with SIN positioning as the best place to live work and play, prices will not go down much at all even if it drop...

if it drops buy more to average down, anyway we only pay 20% the rest paid by tenant.... plus got extra cash to spend since the rental more than covers the mortgage

chestnut
26-07-12, 14:01
Its a no brainer....
In a growing economy, with growing population, rising income level and a huge rising middle class in Asia, and with SIN positioning as the best place to live work and play, prices will not go down much at all even if it drop...

if it drops buy more to average down, anyway we only pay 20% the rest paid by tenant.... plus got extra cash to spend since the rental more than covers the mortgage

Now diff leh, 40% leh... overall, agree w you because I am in the same boat. let go 2 on the uptrend and will buy somemore on downtrend. cheers.

CCR
26-07-12, 15:11
ya now 40%, but can put wife's name, parents name, parents in law name etc :D

at this stage of the economic cycle, Asia and SIN is on the uptrend, must tap on it.... after 2050 maybe its Africa's era liao

chestnut
26-07-12, 15:21
ya now 40%, but can put wife's name, parents name, parents in law name etc :D

at this stage of the economic cycle, Asia and SIN is on the uptrend, must tap on it.... after 2050 maybe its Africa's era liao

Bro, firstly, always put in wife name. Secondly, put a large portion to her as woman get a lot of tax relief and pay lower tax(maid, children, etc..). Pray there is no divorce. 3. take max loan for investment unit even if you have money to pay it off as you can use interest to offset against rental. 4. If interest hit 6%, FD will hit 4 to 5%, so dollar to dollar, you pay only 1-2% interest. but you can use it to offset earnings from rental. 5.remember to keep cash in the event something good comes along.

Try not to put in parent or PIL name. they die, there may be dispute. So dont mix the 2 up if possible.

surfuz
26-07-12, 19:55
Wonder how the residential market will turn out if economic growth dip below 1% this year?

http://business.asiaone.com/Business/News/Story/A1Story20120726-361561.html

rockinsg
26-07-12, 20:48
Wonder how the residential market will turn out if economic growth dip below 1% this year?

If below the headlines and you will know
"Housing and private transport costs are likely to remain high and the MAS said it is narrowing the forecast range for inflation to 4-4.5 per cent in 2012 from 3.5-4.5 per cent previously.
Core inflation remains unchanged at 2.5-3 per cent."

With ECB QE3 coming and no other investment option what you think people will do?

There is still lot of rental demand and interest rates are rock bottom.
Barring CM 7-8-9 more money will come into property, where the yield is still reasonable.

Arcachon
26-07-12, 21:21

What do you think will happen to the residential market ?

august
26-07-12, 22:46
What do you think will happen to the residential market ?

the long awaited correction that many are waiting for?

Arcachon
26-07-12, 22:48
With QE3, ECB print money, China Print money, Japan print money and everyone print money. Money is so small that they think it is not practical to print, now they just key into the Computer.

surfuz
26-07-12, 23:21
Just to add to the discussion:

http://www.mas.gov.sg/Home/News%20and%20Publications/Monetary%20Policy%20Statements%20and%20Speeches/2012/MAS%20Annual%20Report%202011%202012.aspx

16 First, imputed rentals on owner-occupied homes are expected to remain high compared to a year ago. This essentially does not involve an actual increase in spending by households. Imputed rentals on owner-occupied homes are based on actual rentals but, as you know, only a small segment of the population rents their homes. We expect continued tightness in the housing rental market, especially in the HDB segment. While measures have been taken to increase housing supply, it will take some time for this supply to come onstream.

phantom_opera
27-07-12, 07:46
中大经济学系副教授庄太量举例说:“以一个400平方英尺(约37平方米)的市区单位为例,收入为每月入息中位数的2万港元(约3247新元),即使不饮不食全数拿去供楼,仍需11.44年才供完。”

Hong Kong .... consequence without public housing .. for Singapore, such median salary will stay in HDB already.

CCR
27-07-12, 08:41
Bro, firstly, always put in wife name. Secondly, put a large portion to her as woman get a lot of tax relief and pay lower tax(maid, children, etc..). Pray there is no divorce. 3. take max loan for investment unit even if you have money to pay it off as you can use interest to offset against rental. 4. If interest hit 6%, FD will hit 4 to 5%, so dollar to dollar, you pay only 1-2% interest. but you can use it to offset earnings from rental. 5.remember to keep cash in the event something good comes along.

Try not to put in parent or PIL name. they die, there may be dispute. So dont mix the 2 up if possible.

T
I totally agree on the part that we should take max loan for investment property.... Any unfortunate turn of event, use the cash on hand to tide over

latour
27-07-12, 08:51
Just to add to the discussion:

http://www.mas.gov.sg/Home/News%20and%20Publications/Monetary%20Policy%20Statements%20and%20Speeches/2012/MAS%20Annual%20Report%202011%202012.aspx

16 First, imputed rentals on owner-occupied homes are expected to remain high compared to a year ago. This essentially does not involve an actual increase in spending by households. Imputed rentals on owner-occupied homes are based on actual rentals but, as you know, only a small segment of the population rents their homes. We expect continued tightness in the housing rental market, especially in the HDB segment. While measures have been taken to increase housing supply, it will take some time for this supply to come onstream.

Rental will still be on the rise, managed to secure new tenant with a ~4% increase in rental. ;)

samuelk
27-07-12, 08:51
T
I totally agree on the part that we should take max loan for investment property.... Any unfortunate turn of event, use the cash on hand to tide over
but must be careful not to over gear and higher than expected leverage exposure

phantom_opera
27-07-12, 09:15
Refer to Today's property column today by Colin Tan:

Credit Suisse survey of 300 households (such a sample size also dare to publish :tsk-tsk: )

investment preference:
34% cash (good luck)
27% property
23% stocks

21% said will consider buying a property in next 12m, 40% did not intend to buy anytime soon
57% prefers private condo, 70% prefers buy from developers
47% has no mortgage, 46% has only one mortgage

phantom_opera
27-07-12, 09:37
HDB’s Resale Price Index (RPI) rose from 191.6 in 1st Quarter 2012 to 194.0 in the 2nd Quarter 2012, representing an increase of 1.3% over the previous quarter

Resale transactions increased by about 19% from 5,900 cases in 1st Quarter 2012 to 7,000 cases in 2nd Quarter 2012

=> both volume / price are up, next quarter will chiong if Euro crisis is further kicked down the road :spliff2:

medium term target 250
end of year target 200 to 205

phantom_opera
27-07-12, 09:56
Gold / HDB resale price index ratio:

1997 gold USD300, HDB resale index 120 = 2.5
2004 gold USD400, HDB resale index 100 = 4
2008 gold USD800, HDB resale index 140 = 5.71
2012 gold USD1600, HDB resale index 194 = 8.24

however, above did not factor in SGD USD appreciation (assume 1.4 to 1.25 is negligible) and HDB rental yield of 5% per annum, 5% per annum for 15y say more than double, minus cost/tax roughly double

so we must add 120 to the 194 which is 314

So the ratio in 2012 is 1600/314 = 5
if assume rental yield 6%, the ratio drops to 4.35

Of course 1997 HDB price was peaking, if you take 1995 or 1994, I think gold has not significantly outperformed HDB :p

So is HDB as good as GOLD ?? My little precious?? HDB should be bought but never sell?

I leave you to conclude or point out problem in the analysis :D

30years
27-07-12, 21:48
Why compare the price of HDB flat with price of gold? Which part of our HDB flat is made of gold?

phantom_opera
27-07-12, 22:50
Why compare the price of HDB flat with price of gold? Which part of our HDB flat is made of gold?

moved to separate thread :p

hopeful
28-07-12, 07:53

the gold plated electrical connectors?

heehee
28-07-12, 15:12
Sorry what bubble? I am really scared of all the so much Cash in the sideline all waiting for best time to Cheong in.... That is the biggest bubble waiting to explode... By then, well what will be the consequences? :beats-me-man:

CCR
29-07-12, 09:09
Sorry what bubble? I am really scared of all the so much Cash in the sideline all waiting for best time to Cheong in.... That is the biggest bubble waiting to explode... By then, well what will be the consequences? :beats-me-man:

All prices cheong, interest rate surge....

azeoprop
29-07-12, 09:18

If that bubble explodes, it will be the end of Singapore. Total economy collapse and need China to bail us out and Singapore become Singapore SAR. :scared-3:

Chillyred888
29-07-12, 09:42
All prices cheong, interest rate surge....

it affect certain group of ppl

Arcachon
29-07-12, 18:49
it affect certain group of ppl

The group of people that dare to dream.

Chillyred888
29-07-12, 18:55
The group of people that dare to dream.

every success story starts with a Dream..but right now seems like property still a safe bet and there r No bubble insight:cheers4:

samuelk
30-07-12, 08:25
Refer to Today's property column today by Colin Tan:

Credit Suisse survey of 300 households (such a sample size also dare to publish :tsk-tsk: )

investment preference:
34% cash (good luck)
27% property
23% stocks

21% said will consider buying a property in next 12m, 40% did not intend to buy anytime soon
57% prefers private condo, 70% prefers buy from developers
47% has no mortgage, 46% has only one mortgage

Looks like 61 % staying on the side line till things are clearer.

I often wonder if this is a zero sum game. When the price starts moderating and the interest rate goes up, will there still be buyers then? Or will the 61 % be perpertual waiting for the right one to come along.

I know of one who has waited fpr 5 years, work in real estate and decided not to wait any longer.

The question then would be, why now, when you have already waited 5 yrs.

No response.:banghead:

kane
30-07-12, 08:32
The fear of missing out finally got to your friend? Hopefully he has not too late in the game.

Chillyred888
30-07-12, 08:42
I know of one who has waited fpr 5 years, work in real estate and decided not to wait any longer.

No response.:banghead:[/quote]

My friend sold his sengkang flat 2 years ago,moved into his MIL place now still waiting to buy.
initially with the small profit from hdb sale,he thought can buy a PC at dip during 2009. but prices has gone up so much since...now he still waiting:beats-me-man:

kane
30-07-12, 08:58
Past 2 years there were a few laggards development. But they've caught up so not so easy to pick something to buy now.

phantom_opera
30-07-12, 09:03
Fool to play with your own roof, monitor gold price closely, broken out of channel

buttercarp
30-07-12, 09:08
Looks like 61 % staying on the side line till things are clearer.

I often wonder if this is a zero sum game. When the price starts moderating and the interest rate goes up, will there still be buyers then? Or will the 61 % be perpertual waiting for the right one to come along.

No response.:banghead:

Actually I know of a few friends who have enough liquid cash for the down payment to upgrade, but are still sitting on the fence.

Eg..... one of them, I think combined income is $80k per month (not including parents who are staying with them), are still staying in their aging 99 y LH Kew Drive inter terrace. They bought the second hand unit in 2002 for about $800k.
They are waiting for the so called Mr B's prediction.
So with these friends around, I have not told them about what I have bought for the fear that they will laugh at me and I have a few close friends who think like that.
So I have to come to this forum to ventilate.

kane
30-07-12, 09:13
$80k per month and still sitting on thw fence? That's just amazing.

buttercarp
30-07-12, 09:18
$80k per month and still sitting on thw fence? That's just amazing.

Yup, I can't believe it too.
They said they invest heavily in stocks.
But I guess that has its ups and downs.
Btw.... they are not the spendthrift type.
So every month money come in..... dunno go where.

yowetan
30-07-12, 09:19
Actually I know of a few friends who have enough liquid cash for the down payment to upgrade, but are still sitting on the fence.

Eg..... one of them, I think combined income is $80k per month (not including parents who are staying with them), are still staying in their aging 99 y LH Kew Drive inter terrace. They bought the second hand unit in 2002 for about $800k.
So with these friends around, I have not told them about what I have bought for the fear that they will laugh at me and I have a few close friends who think like that.

You should share the joy(s) with them, and instil the kind of encouragement in them.

It is through multiple property purchase(s) and transaction(s) that will help to keep the property market robust and resilient.

Hence, please do not feel undermine by sharing your great purchase with all of your friends and relatives.

Amber Woods
30-07-12, 15:32
I have noted that a lot of high networth people are not buying property since last year. Obviously, they must be doing something right to be able to accumulate their wealths.

gn108
30-07-12, 15:51
Leaving the last crumbs for the gung-ho and johnny-come-lately...:scared-3:
HNW whole world is their invesment play-ground, for the rest of us mortals - it's CCR/RCR and OCR.

I have noted that a lot of high networth people are not buying property since last year. Obviously, they must be doing something right to be able to accumulate their wealths.

radha08
30-07-12, 20:12

you have come to the right place to ventilate thats what we all doing here...:D

sh
30-07-12, 20:28

maybe, all of them bought something already. All like you, don't dare to tell anyone. I for one, didn't tell anyone about my latest purchase.....:cheers4:

buttercarp
30-07-12, 20:39

maybe, all of them bought something already. All like you, don't dare to tell anyone. I for one, didn't tell anyone about my latest purchase.....:cheers4:

Oh wow.....great minds think alike ;) !

I intend to have a house warming party only if the prices continue to shoot up so I can "proudly announce" to them the price which I paid for.
However if the so called B prediction comes true, then I may not even tell them that I have shifted!

Btw what's your reason for not telling them?

sh
30-07-12, 20:48
Oh wow.....great minds think alike ;) !

I intend to have a house warming party only if the prices continue to shoot up so I can "proudly announce" to them the price which I paid for.
However if the so called B prediction comes true, then I may not even tell them that I have shifted!

Btw what's your reason for not telling them?

reaction no1. "Wah so rich ah... buy another one"
reaction no2. "Wah, so expensive already... still dare to buy"
reaction no3. "Wah pay 3% ABSD... you stupid is it...."

thought I'll keen quiet and suffer in silence if prices fall (like u).

If prices rise.... I'll either bloat in front of them (like u) and still get reaction 1,2 and 3 but with louder "WAHS" OR still keep silent... (don't want to rub it in their face.... .):D Haven't decided yet....

buttercarp
30-07-12, 20:49
you have come to the right place to ventilate thats what we all doing here...:D

Fortunately there is this forum and bros like you, carbuncle, phantom, laguna, etc.
Even yowetan also makes my day less boring.

What happened to our handsome bro bj21?

buttercarp
30-07-12, 20:52
reaction no1. "Wah so rich ah... buy another one"
reaction no2. "Wah, so expensive already... still dare to buy"
reaction no3. "Wah pay 3% ABSD... you stupid is it...."

thought I'll keen quiet and suffer in silence if prices fall (like u).

If prices rise.... I'll either bloat in front of them (like u) and still get reaction 1,2 and 3 but with louder "WAHS" OR still keep silent... (don't want to rub it in their face.... .):D Haven't decided yet....

OMG...... amazing...... how we think alike :D !!!!!
Mabbe like as you said, they also bought.
And waiting to show off later :p .

sh
30-07-12, 21:18
OMG...... amazing...... how we think alike :D !!!!!
Mabbe like as you said, they also bought.
And waiting to show off later :p .

if mr B is correct.... at least we have each other's shoulders to cry on.... silently....:scared-3:

DC33_2008
30-07-12, 21:27
Mr B is joined by Mr S. getting impatient! Got friends who sold, renting and going to buy again.
if mr B is correct.... at least we have each other's shoulders to cry on.... silently....:scared-3:

Laguna
30-07-12, 21:50
Fortunately there is this forum and bros like you, carbuncle, phantom, laguna, etc.
Even yowetan also makes my day less boring.

What happened to our handsome bro bj21?

I fully agreed with u
this forum makes my life more interesting....

there are so many went missing, like the one jirx?

I sincerely want to hold a BBQ for all bros and sisters here!
any interest?

newbie11
30-07-12, 22:02
I fully agreed with u

any interest?

I am in....

Laguna
30-07-12, 22:07
I am in....

31 Aug...BBQ
parkway area

interested...PM me

DC33_2008
30-07-12, 22:11
Should have a high level BBQ. :cheers4:

Rysk
30-07-12, 22:21
Mr B is joined by Mr S. getting impatient! Got friends who sold, renting and going to buy again.

Unlike MISSED THE BOAT EXPERT MR B & MR S (aka DAVID LIM).. rent mean rent.. totally no interest looking at property.. very persistent one.. die die rent since 2008 till now still renting..
I must say.. their landlord damn lucky got such a long term tenants..
http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/buy-and-sell-private-apartment-condominium/1243648-price-decreasing-for-singapore-property.html
http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/buy-and-sell-private-apartment-condominium/1243648-price-decreasing-for-singapore-property-283.html

buttercarp
30-07-12, 22:30
I fully agreed with u

any interest?

I am in....

Really ar ...... got party?
Can we have a virtual one?
My principle is cyber friends meet in cyber space and cannot meet face to face cos can be very malu one..... somethings i say here i can't say to my live friends.

carbuncle
30-07-12, 23:15
I nearly miss this thread/post. why need to answer to anyone than yourself for your property shopping? time to get out of the show off and 'live for others' trap... heck care what others will comment. I already immune to 'wah so small ah!' etc for my MM purchases for eg. now these people asking me how u did it, how come u can semi retire...

on the BBQ, should make ur identity a secret throughout the nite. machiam costume party. people can have fun guessing each other identities by really talking and getting to know each other all over again.

buttercarp
30-07-12, 23:20
on the BBQ, should make ur identity a secret throughout the nite. machiam costume party. people can have fun guessing each other identities by really talking and getting to know each other all over again.

Can I bring a measuring tape so I can identify you.... 5 ft 8, right ;) ?
Got virtual BBQ party in case this one does not materialize :) .

It is good to have back up plan in everything we do.